[Graded]Temporary Teammate?

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Sat May 07, 2016 10:45 pm

A B-rank mission brought a wave of relief to the young Jounin. His pale blue eyes scanned the mission scroll. It was pretty straightforward sweep and clear mission. It was likely he could have done it solo, yet he was assigned a teammate, Awai, Fanho. There had been many times he'd been assigned missions like this in order to take a flight risk Genin or even developmentally stunted Chuunin under his wing, but Fanho hardly seemed to fit the title.

His eyes swapped to the Chuunin's file. A heavy focus on Ninjutsu; Hiton, Raiton, Katon all in his repertoire. Tame history. Why would they be pairing him up with this Chuunin? Nothing in the file caught his attention, or gave any indication for an answer. Sometimes there was a reason... And sometimes the reason was little more than a matter of circumstance. He rolled the scrolls up and set them on his night stand before snuggling into his sleeping fiance to catch some sleep himself. Mission time was 8 the next morning, set to report to the west gate.

And so the morning sun would begin its rise. Kuodachi would be geared up and ready to go well before the report time. He'd have spent a good two hours studying up in the library on any information that might be pertinent to the mission including the location and design of the ruins and the recent reports on bandit chakra activity.

Half an hour before eight, Kuodachi would be seated on a bench right near the western gate with two cups of piping hit tea resting on his knees. The brisk morning called for a hot beverage, and he couldn't think of a better manner to greet his temporary teammate than with just that. The sun would be scarcely through its path across the sky, giving them plenty of time to get the traveling underway. In addition to the tea, he'd be dressed in his mission attire which would be relatively formal for general mission attire, collar and all. He'd have a big backpack sitting at his legs filled with proper traveling rations and camping supplies. He'd be gazing off in no particular direction, lost in his thoughts as he waited for 8:00 to roll around.
Koizumi, KuodachiKonohagakure no SatoJounin214 Stats

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Mon May 09, 2016 7:23 am

Fanho awoke sprawled out over his bed his snoring had been ringing throughout the empty house for several hours. His body sore from several missions he had been assigned one right after the next. He had a break in-between for two days, while he was appreciative of the break and took advantage of such, his body did not as it still remained logged with a dull ache in joints as well as every tendon in his body. He rolled out of his bed colliding with the floor next to it which shook his room. Fanho peeked one eye out from underneath his eyelid as he gave a sigh sitting up.

He walked over and began to dress himself in his Chuunin attire, flak jacket and all grabbing his pack. The clock edged forward close to 8:00. At the rate if Fanho kept slugging around his house he would be quite late for his meeting with Kuodachi. He never met Kuodachi however how the mission coordinator at the office described him was a man of much skill. A Jounin level ninja with high caliber skills with the ease to undertake the roughest of missions. The mission described was a basic B-rank dispose of bandits without harming any of the historical artifacts. Something either one of the two ninja could handle with ease and no risk. Perhaps it was a way of bringing ninja together, a bonding mission or some sort, or perhaps they were planning a new team in Konohagakure no Sato putting Fanho and Kuodachi in it.

Fanho shrugged at the ideas not entirely sure what they were planning, but was excited to meet the Jounin. He slipped his pack on that was loaded with rations, a bed roll, and basic medical supplies such as bandages and a bottle of antiseptic. He walked out of the house flicking the lights off and locking up the doors, and made way for the large gates looming over Konoha. As he approached the gates he noticed a person with a pack on as well wearing tabis with two cups of tea on his knees. This seemed to fit the description of Kuodachi. As Fanho approached his hands dipped into his pockets. He would ask genuinely and politely not wanting to make a rude greeting. "Excuse me sir, are you Kuodachi-san?"
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Fri May 13, 2016 9:13 pm

Kuodachi delved deep into his thoughts of wedding plans, a previous mission that smelled funny to him even after it was over, among other things. When Fanho made it to the area with only moments to spare before the designated report time, Kuodachi noticed the approaching footsteps and was pulled from his thoughts. His ghostly blue eyes would turn and gaze at Fanho, taking in the Chuunin's appearance. Well kept were the words that came to mind. Nothing seemed out of place... Slightly faster heart rate, first impression jitters. Chuunin flak jacket. Awai dojutsu. “Please, just Kuodachi.” He'd say, beaming a smile towards Fanho as he stood and pushed a cup towards him. “You like green tea?” he'd offer simply.

The mission posed no real rush, so Kuodachi took the moment to exchange some words. He'd offer his newly free hand for a shake, “Good to meet you. I remember watching your Chuunin exam and figuring I'd be meeting you someday.” Even though the exam was quite some time ago, Kuodachi could recall Fanho's actions during the event being worthy of the complement. “I very much look forward to working with you.” He'd add before retracting his hand and taking a large gulp of his tea, now cooled enough for consumption.

Following the introduction, Kuodachi would move straight to business with a simple question, “What's your take on this mission?” He made no movement towards the gate, and gave no indication of any rush to get their journey underway.

Spending a short time with the young Jounin would tell almost anyone that he liked to hear what others had to say about things before giving his own thoughts. It would be a reoccurring event, almost habitual in nature. He'd spent a great deal of time leading teams and training students and these type of questions were a surefire way to gauge anything from general character to analytical reasoning skills. Most importantly, it gave others a chance to participate in the decision making of a group, or in this case, duo.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat May 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Fanho relaxed his muscles as Kuodachi just replied casually without formality. It eased him in the idea that Kuodachi was not a die hard formal ninja like some had been in Fanho's line of duty. The Jounin's attire was also decently formal, strangely so for a field Jounin with quite the accolades under his belt. Fanho gave a nod as Kuodachi told him to refer to him as simply Kuodachi without the honorific. "Well I'm Awai, Fanho." He said as he stood next to the Jounin as he offered green tea. Fanho took a cup giving raise to it as a sort of pre-mission toast taking a sip as the warm tea washed down his throat.

At the mention of Fanho's Chuunin exam he raised an eye brow as he nodded swallowing another sip of green tea. "Yeah, broken ribs that day weren't uncommon. Plus we never really practiced for our exam, we all sort of met once, and weren't even in a genin team together." At the mention he looked forward to working with Fanho he gave a grin as he looked down at the tea before returning a confident look back towards Kuodachi giving a nod. "Well I look forward to working with one of Konoha's finest. Especially one that's young too. Its impressive." At the mention of the mission Fanho gave a nod before cross his arms with the hand holding the tea resting on top as he bit his bottom lip in thought.

The mission at hand was a very basic, deal with bandits at an archaeological site that had basic chakra skills while attempting to maintain the quality of the artifacts. He took a sip of his green tea before going back to biting his bottom lip as he begin slowly explaining still thinking things through. Obviously he didn't have to come up with anything on the spot immediately, as they were still at home he could give things a quick minute or second thought to be safe. "Well basic chakra sensitive bandits. My only question is whose teaching and guiding them in the use of chakra. And what business do they have raiding an archaeological site, wouldn't they typically stick to villages if they were attempting to extort loot? However they can pawn the loot off to the highest bidder seeking its safety."

Fanho retorted back to biting his bottom lip before speaking once more as he entranced himself in a deep thought. The main question surrounding the whole thing was how far does this rabbit hole go, and where does it all tie into at. He certainly deduced it goes higher than just a few mere bandits, however they were still bandits none-the-less, easier to deal with than mercenary samurai, but less trained and far less skilled. "I'm just curious how this all ties up because it goes farther than just bandits invading an archaeological site I believe. An employer, leader, or even just a boss of the group. We'll be able to tell more when we scout the area, but just basing it off the mission scroll. Chakra sensitive bandits in an archaeological site is a bit stranger than usual, and far off task for something of their caliber to be raiding."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Tue May 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Formality was a something Kuodachi despised. He managed to hold his tongue and present himself appropriately at opportune moments in order to rise the ranks. He would rarely hesitate in upholding formality with someone of higher rank, until it was deemed appropriate to do otherwise. In his experiences, most who attained the rank of Jounin, or beyond, were often tired of being formal, an understandable feeling.

The introduction was hardly needed for Kuodachi. He'd done his homework and would have been able to spot the young man in a crowded room should it have come to that. Still, he would return nothing but a warm smile and a nod of his head. At the almost defensive sounding explanation on the chuunin exam, Kuodachi would let out a short chuckle, “You did well with what cards you were dealt. Making of a fine Shinobi, and the council saw that.”

Kuodachi would wave off the compliment with his free hand, “Mostly just dumb luck that led me here.” He shot Fanho a look as he jested, “So, no free pay on this one. If anything, I'll be the one slacking, yeah?” ending with a half grin. Based on his file, Fanho hardly seemed like the type who would ever do less than everything he could. Fanho would only have a more basic file on Kuodachi, thanks to classified missions and allotted privacy for Jounin rank, but it would likely lead him to believe the same.

As Kuodachi turned the conversation to the mission, he'd listen closely to what the Chuunin had to say. It was immediately clear that Fanho would live up to his record, thinking well beyond the cut and paste mission they were assigned. It was a attribute that, truth be told, few Shinobi possessed. After his examination of the minimal information they were running on came to a close, Kuodachi would say with sincerity, “Excellent deduction. I think you and I are going to get along just fine,” before gulping down the last bit of tea. Although Kuodachi had never been assigned a partner or team in which that was not the case, it was not unheard of.

With a quick release of air, showing his approval of the finished tea, he'd begin slow steps towards the gate, tossing the cup to the trashcan. He's state in a lower tone, “You're right. I believe there is much more to this than meets the eye, but I will refrain from details until we get out travel underway.” The words gave the exact impression Kuodachi wanted to leave on Fanho. From the information Kuodachi had that could be tied into the mission at hand, Fanho had found himself knee deep in a much more convoluted story than bandits looking to make a few coin of some old stuff.

He'd exchange a few words with the guards before trotting on through the open gates. Apart from the missing ninja attack, it had been some time since Konoha's gates had been shut, thanks to the time of relative peace. Kuodachi couldnt help but wonder how long that would hold as he passed through the gates of his beloved home to take the first step on their mission.

“I'll set the pace.” he'd vocalize before jumping to the trees to begin their ninja run travel. The pace would be slow, perhaps far slower than Fanho would expect. Additionally, it was common sense for the slowest individual to set pace, sparking perhaps more questions in the young Chuunin. Why would a Jounin be setting the pace so slow? Outside of letting Fanho in on the travel time at this speed being two days time, he would keep the silence as they dashed through the leaves for now. That is, unless Fanho wished to converse further.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu May 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Fanho nodded at Kuodachi's remark about the Chuunin exam. While it was true they worked with the best they had available it still took a while for them to figure out the secret behind the exam, but on the bright side they had endured it and achieved the promotion. Something few Genin were able to conquer. He gave a prideful grin at Kuodachi's complement one that couldn't help as his face seem to lit up. It was a complement Fanho didn't really hear after his exam as his siblings didn't have a chance to watch it other than a recording, and he hadn't had a chance to meet with his sensei, Hayashi, afterwards.

At the remark of the Jounin slacking off Fanho gave a shrug with a humorous grin. "Just don't be surprised if they take your pay and give it to me." Kuodachi's complementing of Fanho's examination of the mission based off what he known from the mission scroll gave Fanho some sense that he was right about everything. However the follow-up statement made Fanho question if Kuodachi knew more about the mission than Fanho did, and why the village would do that? Of course the obvious reasoning came to Fanho that Kuodachi was a Jounin, but wouldn't it had made more sense for all ninja on the mission to understand what was going on.

As they began their travel he noticed that Kuodachi was definitely slower, and had set a slower pace. However it made sense to set a slow pace so they could prepare in-case they had suddenly ran up on the bandits. That and perhaps Kuodachi was slower? The questions paced through his mind, but none-the-less he kept his mind mission oriented. As they paced through the trees Fanho figured the best questions would those being oriented around the mission, and how they could coordinate. Fanho had only received a limited file on Kuodachi simply just ranking, name, basic appearance, and just an unclassified repertoire of missions completed. "Kuodachi, what are your skills? You seemed to know an awful lot about me, but in order to coordinate we'll need to know how to work to each other's advantages."

After that question would be answered Fanho would nod being satisfied as he moved on to his next question, "Also, what is your take on the mission? I know you said you'd refrain from details, but how far does this rabbit hole go to your knowledge?" Fanho would ask with genuine curiosity. If Kuodachi was afraid Fanho would dip out, or want out of the mission because of what danger lay ahead that would be the least of his worries. If anything Fanho would want to know out of pre-planning and knowing the odds, but he certainly wouldn't leave Kuodachi to do it alone.

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm

He'd mock the complaint with a tone to call attention to the absurdity of the notion, “Well, you see, the Jounin, Konoha's finest, wasn't pulling his weight, so I'd like the full pay' That would go well.” He'd offer a cheeky grin to continue ensuring that Fanho knew he was only messing with him. Although, given the situation, that was likely the truth. He didn't know a single Jounin who would actually choose to be slack off on any mission, a personality trait practically required to achieve the rank.

Fanho's question pertaining to skills was inevitable. He knew that he had access to far more on Fanho than the other way around. He also knew, given his skills, that leaving the young man in the dark could bring about some serious problems should they find themselves in a full blown combat situation.

“Well, dumb luck was only part of the quick promotions. Other part is my,” He paused, altering his voice as if quoting something, but with a mocking undertone, “Prodigal ability in Genjutsu.” He chuckled lightly at the nearly involuntary tone he used. He resumed in his regular voice, “The words of my good friend, a Bannin. Anyways, I try not to friendly fire, but I can put it down to a three rules for you to remember.” As he launched between branches, he'd glance back at Fanho, “Commit these to memory. I'll be asking you a few more times before we get there to regurgitate them.” Kuodachi knew memorization and actual implementation in combat were two very different things, but at the very least, it gave Fanho things to call back on when fighting alongside him. There was a look of seriousness in his eyes. In the past, Kuodachi had caught an ally in a Genjutsu from time to time, and it never turned out pretty. Many of his Genjutsu were crippling in their effects and, oftentimes, he refrained from even utilizing some on even his worst enemies. He liked to say, in another life, he would have chosen far more honorable Ninjutsu or Taijutsu skills but in this life Genjutsu chose him.

He'd give a pause to allow the gravity of the situation take hold in Fanho's mind before continuing. “I know you are not very versed in Genjutsu, so I will make this as encompassing as I appropriate. You know about triggers, the two of mine you will need to worry about are sound and touch. I also utilize touch based, which are far less prone to friendly fire.” His hand would shoot out with his index finger extended, “First rule: Abstain from looking at me in a combat situation, and if you must, look at the feet, or only use your peripherals for finding my position. I've developed a method to channel Genjutsu... no handseals. The strain is great and causes my entire body to glow blue, so keep that in mind.” Channeled Genjutsu was an unheard of technique to most. It takes great control and dedication to the art. His hand would display two fingers as he moved on to the second rule, “Rule two: Anything I need you to listen to, I will begin with your name. Otherwise, don't listen. I've been told focusing on your breathing and the fight before you helps. Rule three: Situation permitting, fight adjacent to me. Neither of us are dedicated front line fighters, so I think we could easily coordinate that. And, finally, rule four: Pay close attention to your opponents movements. Watch for peculiar actions, as that may very well be my Genjutsu at work. Do not hesitate in taking advantage of it.” Each of the rules served a very important purpose when fighting alongside a Genjutsu user. Rule one and two helped to avoid the triggers. Rule three made any potential friendly fire less detrimental, as of a teammate is in range, Kuodachi can simply Kai for them. Rule four brings attention to the important openings Kuodachi can create for teammates.

He'd give another extended pause before pushing into the final part of his explanation, “I'm fairly slow, and not strong at all. What close range fighting I do revolves around precision. Most of my mission history revolves around infiltration, information gathering, or tracking.” Hearing this might bring the realization of Kuodachi amazing silence. Every moment, even launching from the branches, was quiet. “Now, tell me of your skills. From your file, you seem to be Ninjutsu focused with some Taijutsu based attacks?” He'd offer the overview to get started and hope for a more in depth explanation from the Chuunin.

As Fanho turned the conversation back to the intricacies of the mission that Kuodachi seemed to have more intimate knowledge of, Kuodachi would come to a sudden halt on a branch. He'd put his hand towards Fanho in a motion for silence as he focused intently on listening to their surroundings. After he was satisfied they were truly alone, He'd look to Fanho with graveness in his eyes, “The council wants you to go on this mission viewing it as a solitary case of bandits looking for some wealth, and I believe, they are leaving the decision of whether to let you in on the bigger picture up to me. Obviously, you've already picked up on some oddities...” He'd prop himself against the tree, “Frankly, the entire country's safety may very well be on the line with this one. This rabbit hole goes deep and I could undoubtedly use another pair of eyes in the village ranks.” Despite the enormity of the message, there was no hesitation in Kuodachi's voice or anything to give any indication that he was not one-hundred percent serious. He'd let the words settle in, staring at Fanho to gauge his reaction. “Given that, you still want to know more?”

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue May 24, 2016 9:14 am

Fanho ushered a humorous grin back at the playful notion. As the conversation furthered to Kuodachi's skills as he low balled his own skills however it wasn't taken lightly by Fanho as Kuodachi stated his godly skills in Genjutsu. Genjutsu wasn't a speciality of Fanho's however he at least was knowledgeable enough to avoid the triggers for it, and since Kuodachi had told him what the triggers were it made Fanho ease the tension in his muscles. To avoid sound was different, but Fanho would just focus on his fight and signal out Kuodachi however its very likely that would take great skill in selecting what he'd like to hear.

Sight was one of the last triggers Fanho felt he had to worry about as he'd abstain from looking at Kuodachi unless he needed Fanho in the immediate moment, and touch was another trigger Fanho felt he would not have to worry about either. As he felt Kuodachi wouldn't touch Fanho unless he needed him, and Fanho would get in the way of Kuodachi. As Kuodachi brought up the ability to channel Genjutsu it was eerily similar to Fanho's ability to summon ninjutsus by channeling as well. As Kuodachi asked Fanho of his skills he was somewhat surprised that he hadn't already known of his skills, but it wasn't completely unreasonable for him not to know.

"Well yes I am ninjutsu based, I utilize Raiton, Katon, Hiton, and Ninjutsu based attacks. However I'm also agile, strong, and I can deflect basic projectiles like kunai and senbon with my bare hands." Fanho also pointed to his eyes as they stood there to point out the Kussetsugan that his eyes developed from years of training with Hiton. "I also have a unique doujutsu that lets me see through particle obstructions like smoke, fog, mist, and I also can see through invisibility ninjutsu, darkness, and extremely bright lights. We can use my hiton in advantage with your touch initiation genjutsu."

Fanho scratched the back of his neck as he continued on, "I can also manifest chakra cloaks, ones that I can pull people inside of to protect them as well. They're fairly strong and sturdy. So if the situation gets dangerous, I can manifest a cloak to protect us. I don't know how much my file told you, but that's a basic over view of my abilities." At the explanation of even Kuodachi not knowing how far the rabbit hole goes, and that it may even be the risk of the village's security from an internal threat sent a shiver down Fanho's spine however they wouldn't know much until they had actually done the recon for the mission. He took a deep breath as he nodded at Kuodachi's inquiry about wanting to know more.

Fanho was curious about how far the trail led, and how much Kuodachi more. After all the reason Fanho became a ninja was to defend Konoha, he would defend it from threats foreign and domestic. "Yes, I'd like to know more." He would say his words confidently and soundly not wanting to give the impression that Fanho was unsure or scared. He was quite serious, he wanted to know more, and what threats could be implied towards the village.

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Thu May 26, 2016 5:55 pm

With Fanho mentioning his ability to deflect projectiles with bare hands, Kuodachi would not, “I saw that in your file, but I was not sure. Might have to get you to teach me that sometime.” He'd shoot a smile Fanho's way. It seemed like a supremely useful skill, and to be able to teach a Jounin something would surely be a nice boost to confidence. Then, there was the Awai dojutsu, supremely useful. Given they might be find themselves in dimly lit, confined areas, it would be put to good use. Kuodachi could function in such areas, but he relied on his ears in such cases. Far less reliable than a dojutsu like the Awai.

Most of what Fanho explained were in his file, but hearing it in person always gave more information. The tone of delivery gave a sense of confidence level of said skills. Things that were left out were often bottom tier confidence, his dabbling in Sanktaton, for example. Kuodachi would claim, “I think we'll work together quite nicely. True coordination will take time to develop. A risk of the profession are the mistakes we will make until we get there.” He'd shrug at the thought. He knew that was the reason quick thinking was so important for Shinobi.

Then, with the conversation turning to the rabbit hole, Fanho's desire to learn more would be met with a smirk from Kuodachi. He could see the subtle fear that resided in the Chuunin's body language. It was good to see a Shinobi who was fully willing to put himself in peril for the interest of responsibility. “Very well,” Kuodachi would state simply. Now, the question was, how much information should he let go? A chuunin with full information would be in danger, and ultimately, anything that arises from this would be Kuodachi's responsibility.

“The villages are losing hold of their monopoly on Chakra,” he'd start with the highly controversial statement. A statement one would not think would ever come from a high ranking village Shinobi. “Argue it if you like, but I have been sent on mission after mission dealing with sporadic growth of chakra use. The conjecture is missing ninja. We've a few who continue to elude capture years after their deserting.” In truth, Kuodachi did not know. He'd encountered bandits who seemed to have years of growth in training under a well versed teacher. Yet, he followed seemingly fruitful searches that resulted in no more than dead ends, as if the trail was left intentionally to mislead. By far, it was the most difficult hunt the Jounin has ever partaken in. “These bandits may be no more than a tool of the source. There have been mission popping up that make it through screening where C-rank escort missions, or even B-rank sweep and clears are actually just traps for lower ranked Shinobi. Council has been doing well covering things up, but you must have noticed some....” He'd pause locking eyes with the Chuunin, “Oddities. Oddities like sending a fairly decorated Jounin on a B-rank.” His eyebrow would raise towards Fanho. The information would likely be finding weight in the chuunin's mind now.

Kuodachi would let out a deep sigh, pushing off the trunk as if readying to continue the traveling. “This could turn out to be nothing, but as you already pointed out... Bandits don't find income in some dusty ruins.” He'd offer Fanho time to give any thoughts, but he imagined the Chuunin would like time to mull over the information. It was a lot to take in, and contained plenty classified info. Following any words from Fanho, Kuodachi would tack onto the conversation, “I know I probably don't need to give the obvious voice, but this is confidential between you and me,” before launching off the branch. Following this mission, assuming things went well, Kuodachi's hope was to have another pair of eyes and ears. Another person to help him gather more information on the situation, especially someone of a lower rank. Of a currently targeted rank.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Fanho gave a nod at the large accusation put forth by Kuodachi. Obviously Fanho had to take it with a grain of salt until they actually saw evidence, perhaps even on this mission. None-the-less he heeded the warning as they were moving through the trees swiftly, making decent headway at the least. "Sounds intriguing to say the least." He ushered with a slight unsure quality to his voice. While it was true, there was an underlying quality or aspect to this mission, Fanho wasn't quite sure it was the council. Still he knew that Kuodachi was only thinking in the best for the situation at hand. Fanho began to speak of his own recent mission that was fairly dangerous, more over than normal for a Chuunin.

"I did go on a mission recently, one that involved a large group of bandits terrorizing villages nearby. Inside their camp they had symbols of Jashin. Do you think maybe that ties in some how?" He would allow sometime to think before detailing what happened on the mission. "There were thirteen bandits, all in a camp, all Jashin followers, and my aim of the mission was to take 'care' of them. It seemed like maybe it should have been a bit more than a C-rank mission." As they made their way through the woods, Fanho's gaze drifted to the ground floor as he scratched his neck and popped the vertebrae that relieved pressure in his neck. Perhaps he was one of the Chuunin marked on the list? However still, maybe it was assigned because they knew he could handle it.

He thought back to when he returned, and it seemed as though one of the higher ranked Jounin in the office seemed surprised he returned with only a deep laceration on his arm. He shook the idea from his head. He didn't need paranoia plaguing his mind at the moment, or the idea of an inside force causing terror on the shinobi of Konoha. As Fanho came back to the current moment he decided a bit more conversation off the topic of corruption would help ease the tension, as well as help Fanho learn a bit more about Kuodachi. "So Kuodachi, how was your Chuunin exam?

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:12 pm

The uncertainty rang out to Kuodachi as if it were the entirety of the statement. Sure, it was a lot to take in and a monumental assertion that carried countless implications. Simple fact was that Kuodachi was speaking the truth. He'd spend countless hours investigating the matter. His entire home, at one point, was filled, practically wall to wall, with papers he'd drawn lines to in his attempt to gather undeniable proof for when he was finally ready to allow the shit to hit the fan.

Yet, here he was speaking tidbits of what he knew in an effort to warn this Chuunin only to be met with skepticism? What kind of Jounin would go around uttering these words without at least some evidence to back them up? He had to consciously stop his teeth from gritting. Maintaining composure would be vital if he wished to gain his teammates trust. “All I am saying is to keep your eyes open. Chuunin are dropping like flies...”

“Jashin, huh?” Kuodachi would say in a contemplative tone. A very strange religion that Kuodachi would lump into the general cults of the world. Only problem was, this 'cult' was quite far reaching. It appeared in sporadic places across the globe, with seemingly little indication of any source. It was said to have been spread entirely by word of mouth, many did not even know of its existence. Still, the destruction the cult bred was far too real for even the briefly informed to deny. Kuodachi had yet to encounter any signs of the religion in his investigation thus far. Perhaps unrelated, but more importantly, perhaps not. It reeked of another false lead, yet Kuodachi couldn't afford to let anything by without properly writing it off. As Fanho went into some more details, however it seemed to fall in line with some of the other instances. A Chuunin walking into a situation that should be above their rank. “Couldn't say for sure, but could be you're not suppose to be here now...” A scary thought. It was undoubtedly an applaudable accomplishment for a Chuunin to take 'care' of thirteen Jashin following bandits by himself.

A break of silence would wash over the two as they traveled across the branches. He could tell he'd reached Fanho, but he could only imagine where his mind traveled. It was tough for Kuodachi to break open so much information, but it has, and will continue, to weigh him down tremendously. Every additional body bag brought back from a mission is one that Kuodachi could potentially have stopped if only he were somehow stronger. Somehow able to pick up on what clues he just knew he was missing! Still, even now, he felt the need to keep a close eye on Fanho. As if there was even a potential that his current teammate could know something he wasn't leading on... Only time would tell if his suspicions, even as weak as they were, would bear any fruit.

Then the silence would be broken by a question returning to the grand even most every Shinobi had the opportunity to partake in, the opening topic to their relationship, the Chuunin exam. He'd let out a chuckle, and just like that, the ominous mood that hung over the two would vanish. They had quite some time left for travel, so it was probably a good idea to keep the conversation positive when possible.

“May not believe it, but I was a very weak Genin when I took my Chuunin exam.” His mind was sent spiraling back to the time. He could still remember it with vivid detail. It was one of his first real fights. “It was me, one of my Genin teammates, and a pick up I'd never met before. In hindsight, I am actually grateful for the pick up. An Inuzuka by the name of Kazuo.” It was not unlikely that the Chuunin had heard of the special Jounin, perhaps even been paired with him before. “He was a very strong Genin. Still very strong to this day. Me and Saburo, my teammate, were pretty much distractions for Kazuo to wreak havoc on our Chuunin opponent. Far less interesting than your own.” He chuckled lightly once more. It was not a flashy exam by any measurement, but it displayed the teamwork required to pass.

“I like to say I passed on the first attempt, but technically, it was the second. First was interrupted by the attack on the village.” His shoulders would roll up as he let out a sigh, “Seems like so long ago now, that day.” He'd had an encounter with Enma... Perhaps the initial spark of his interest in Genjutsu. That aura of pure fear the missing nin held... Kuodachi could practically still taste it all this time after.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:43 pm

The invasion, it seemed people were still shook up about the invasion. Fanho had his fair share of fears and anger derived from that day, but he had decided to drop it all at once to because it'd cloud his emotions. He wouldn't be able to train, some ninja had dedicated their lives to killing Yaku and Enma. Fanho had came face to face with Enma, but he had froze up. However it was not like he could do anything, he was only a genin, he couldn't have even put a scratch on Enma. "I've came face to face with Enma. He didn't seem to fond of clan members." The name provoked a lurch in Fanho's stomach that he resisted. He still had disdain, and was disgusted by their brutality, but he didn't doubt they were in a league of their own. Way far out than Fanho could reach anytime soon. For now, Fanho focused on reaching Specialist Jounin, it was a goal in the near future that was certainly more reachable, but now he had to keep an eye on his back due to the information revealed by Kuodachi.

"Either way, invasion or no invasion that's why were here right? To ensure that the village is strong, and encouraged so that we take the burden for them." He gave a shrug as he finished what he was saying, "The damage at least has been repaired, emotional and physical. For the most part." As they leaped through the air Fanho snapped his fingers with an expression of surprise. "There is something I fount special on that bandit mission. They carried paintings of a woman with pure white hair, and the caption underneath it was named Nehan." Fanho bit his lip as he thought to himself on who Nehan was. He wasn't quite sure who she was, or what she did, but something tied her to Jashin it seemed. He couldn't place why an attractive lady would associate herself with such a brutal religion. However he just shook it from his mind as someone just associated with the religion.

He turned his head to Kuodachi. "Back to the whole Chuunin execution thing. What do you think the B-rank missions they're sending the Jounin on are?" Fanho would listen to Kuodachi's answer nodding intently before giving a sigh and then continuing on to his next question. Each seeming to answer his questions further about the rabbit hole. "Who do you think on the council is in on it?" The rabbit hole just led further and further spurring questions from Fanho, but for now he'd just have to work with what Kuodachi provided him with and create his own investigation. None-the-less he'd stick with Kuodachi throughout their investigation, because it seemed he was being upfront displaying information he otherwise wouldn't have since it seemed like Fanho had survived one of their suicide missions.

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:09 am

Face to face with Enma? That is a feat not many in the living can boast. “Your lucky to be alive.” Kuodachi would say simply. Many perished in that attack at the hands of the notorious genjutsu master. Oh how far the young Jounin had come since that attack back when he was only a Genin. It had been quite some time since the attack, but Fanho's words rang odd. Orphans... Parents whose children were burned alive... The destruction of the Kage monument. These things would not heal in a few years. The attack left an emotional scar that would take generations to heal. Perhaps his young comrade was just optimistic.

The mention of a woman with white haired... Nehan. It did not take but a moment for Kuodachi's alert mind to sift through his knowledge and hone in on the individual. “A S-rank Konoha rogue with atrocities on par with that of Enma and Kenji, a Kirigakure rogue. Follower of Jashin, explains the connection.” Kuodachi had spent some time hunting missing ninja. He remember all the names of S-rank criminals. Perhaps Nehan had been gathering a cult following of sorts under the name of Jashin. He'd never come face to face with her, but he had heard plenty of stories on the strange woman. It did not seem unlikely... Seems Fanho had really found himself in the middle of something big. Was it related to Kuodachi's current investigation? Maybe.

“Suspicious missions that could be a part of the ongoing incidents. I am not sure why the lower ranks are being targetted, there are a lot of possiblities. But, by sending a Jounin, it lowers the risk. Throws a wrench in the gear of whoever devised the plan to take out Chuunin. Same thing with sending the stronger Chuunin, like yourself, on the suspicious ones. Lowers risk. Deters future attempts.”

His next question would bring about a shrug from Kuodachi, “Couldn't say. May not even be someone on the council, just someone close who understands the process. For now, let's stay alert on this mission. Depending on how things go, I may get a little bolder on my investigation. Try to rub some people the wrong way, poke the hornets nest.” He'd flash a smile at the thought. He was pretty good at kicking hornets nests and getting away with it, but it never failed to be a good means to gathering information.

As they traveled and talked about matters, the sun reached its highest point and began its descent back down. They still had a good ways to go.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Fanho gave a deep breath before giving a satisfactory nod with Kuo's answer. He turned his head towards the Jounin as he posed the question, "As we still have a ways to go what are your theories on this mission aside from the decline of Chuunin." He allotted a beat shift before continuing with his phrasing, "Obviously we know it's a little more than thieves caring about artifacts." His inner thoughts turned to his own theory. Perhaps Jashin followers were getting bold, and with this revelation of more chakra sensitive people without being Missing-Nin seemed a little more connected by each second. He pondered more, but just at his ranking he didn't know who was who in the Missing-Nin world unless they were B-rank or below. He figured Kuodachi would hold more knowledge than he would at least on the subject. Hopefully.

As the sun slowly disappeared into the horizon Fanho gave a yawn as day slowly turned to night. His thoughts turned to future planning of the mission he gave a breeze through the Archaeological blue prints of the site that detailed the area for an effective scouting mission. "Hmm, with these blue prints we can detail a strategic point of entry for a proper scouting route so we can figure out who we're dealing with." He gave a closer look into the structure of the archaeological site as it gave hints to familiar symbols he couldn't quite place his finger on. He stared at the parchment intently, the scrabble of the archaeologist himself was hard to read and interpret, but Fanho shrugged before glancing at Kuo for his opinion on the matter.

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:52 pm

The Chuunin sought more conversation at the particular matters at hand, leaving speculation aside for the time being. Probably for the best. They had a long way to go, but even so, they needed to keep their minds on the mission, oddities and all. “Quite possibly so, yes. There is the potential that the thieves got some word that something in the ruins was worth money or…” He paused pondering for a moment about general bandit motives, “Gives some kind of power. The odds of that seem slim, but a potential we can’t throw away entirely.” The information Fanho gave on the Jashin had the Jounin thinking though. There was an odd scent about the situation. Could be connected. Jashin activity had been growing after all, but they would not know until they could scope it out and see.

“For now, we run under the assumption they are simple bandits, alert to the possibility of something more. There is potential for chakra sensitivity. Our main goal is to sweep them out and keep the artifacts intact.” Kuodachi would shrug. “Simple until we perceive otherwise.” It was his way. Caution always, but operate on the known, or otherwise rationally speculated. Complete the mission and get home to loved ones in one piece.

As Fanho pulled out the blueprints, Kuodachi would take a quick glance, quickly taking in the information. Immediately, the symbols jumped out at him. It was a very old blueprint on ancient parchment. Clearly, it was a source from the period of their destinations conception. The symbols were equally as old, carrying their difference from the modern symbol, but Kuodachi saw the relationship almost immediately. Jashinist. That confirmed it in Kuodachi’s mind. They were very likely dealing with organized, at least relatively, members of the Jashin.

Kuodachi would come to a halt. His finger would go out, pointing to one of the symbols, “You don’t recognize it?” he questioned the young man. If he did not connect it to the symbols he might have seen on his previous mission, Kuodachi would enlighten him, “Older script, but you can surely see the similarities. The possibility we are going to be facing Jashin just rose significantly.” What Kuodachi could not figure out is how the ancient tomblike structure could be connected to the religion…

Still, Kuodachi would move right into strategy discussion with the map remaining in Fanho’s grasp. “A single entry into the ruins poses few strategic options.” The entrance had been, seemingly, intentionally sealed according to a small note on the blueprint, carrying implications of the ruins use before becoming… well, ruins. However, some inspection told Kuodachi there may be a secondary option for entry. A ventilation system to the surface was left intact. Potential for a more covert entrance was an option he couldn’t pass up. It was quite possible the bandits would be completely oblivious to such a secondary entrance. “If we find resistance posted at the main entrance, we can see about this area,” his finger motioning to the area of import. It was probably not a very accessible manner of entry, but with the aid of ninjutsu, they might be able to make it work.

That was as far as Kuodachi could really get into the strategy talk. Once he finished, He’d state simply, “We’ll stop here and get camp going.” He would immediately move to get the workings of a camp set up. For any Shinobi, it wouldn’t take long. Before long, a small fire would be set up with a small pot, which was attached to Kuodachi’s bag, cooking atop the flame.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Fanho gave a nod as Kuodachi provided the clear headed response to treat them as just bandits unless prompted otherwise. However he couldn't shake the feeling there was a whole big conspiracy behind it all, that there was more lurking behind each closed door, and each time they analyzed the mission it opened up another Pandora's box of theories and confirmations that this was all Jashin linked. But a more important question for Fanho was who was Nehan, and why is an S-rank criminal parading around with a bunch of lackeys when herself could handle it all. Then again, every super villain needed henchmen to do their bidding. It only seemed fitting after all, but yet for someone who probably thought they were a direct missionary for their lord Jashin, it seemed weird she didn't want to carry out his bidding.

As Kuodachi pointed out the fact they would be facing Jashin rose significantly, Fanho squinted at the map as he nodded in agreement. The markings, layout of the building, and the rooms with sacrificial tables definitely rose up the odds significantly. He didn't doubt the enemies were likely Jashin followers, the whole religion appeared to be spreading throughout the region causing a surge in bandit groups terrorizing villages. Albeit these groups were put down with ease by the lords in the region or shinobi sent on missions, their relentless formations made it seem as if never ending.

Kuodachi posing the question of a single entry, but then pointing out an area that seemed inaccessible. However with the right ninjutsu they could make their way in there. Fanho studied the blueprints for a while before speaking up. "With how crazy the Jashinist are, I wouldn't be surprised if there's old tunnels, and pathways not even known about. Not even by the bandits in there themselves. After all these Jashinist loved their torture, what better way to get away when discovered except through old tunnels." As he finished his thoughts, he had to agree with Kuodachi in setting up a camp. Even though he wasn't tired, he definitely wanted to get a good rest before actually getting there. Making sure they were in top shape for the mission was definitely a priority, for the two to get to know each other better so they could work in tandem well was also a priority.

As they finished strewing together tents, and a camp fire Fanho sat down as he peeled off his shinobi boots relaxing on a log he had pulled over by the fire to sit on. He gave a sigh as he rested his chin in the palm of his hand, his elbow resting on his knee as he looked into the fire as it crackled. A long road ahead of them, a mission at the end, and a journey home. At least now he could just rest for a minute, and stop thinking so hard about the mission at hand. Albeit his senses worked overtime to keep an ear out for their surroundings, Fanho was able to relax a little. Fanho glanced towards Kuodachi as he posed a question to pass the time. "So Kuodachi, what do you do around the village primarily? I'm surprised I haven't seen you around a lot."

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Fanho’s words were not untrue. With what he knew of the Jashinist, it wouldn’t be beyond reason to assume as much. When going in on limited information, assume the worst in order to be prepared for any trouble that may be encountered. It was his way. And Jashinist were trouble incarnate. Kuodachi would simply nod to the speculation. It was good that he was thinking of scenarios and trying to plan. It was a sign of a Shinobi that would go further than the average.

“Short rest. I’ll take 3 hours, then you take 3. We’ll move on before the sun rises.”
He stated, as he began serving the rabbit stew, handing Fanho a bowl. It would taste excellent. Kuodachi knew how to purpose his senses to cooking with extreme efficiency. No one would ever find his meals to be anything less than perfection under the circumstances surrounding. It would be as good as food cooked over a campfire in the middle of a forest could be.

He’d respond to Fanho between slurps of his soup, “Not surprising you’ve not seem me around. I’ve only been going on missions with Bannin Aizawa, Yoru. I’m his bodyguard and assistant, and he generally keeps me very busy. Other than the missions with him, this is the first mission in months I’ve taken even being a member of Mamorinuku in” He paused and gave some thought, “6 months now.”

He’d continue, “Otherwise, I teach genjutsu at the academy. Even give a few seminars to the general Shinobi population.” He’d shine a smile to Fanho, “Should attend one sometime.” Genjutsu was such a neglected field of chakra, in the village and others. There was really only a few select people in the world who could rival Kuodachi’s knowledge. He knew this, and sought to remedy it, at least within Konoha.

“Assuming everything goes as planned, I’m also getting married as soon as we finish this mission up.” His fiancé was currently putting the finishing touches on the wedding plans. It was not a factor that put any time constraints on the mission, but it was undoubtedly in the back of his mind. Kuodachi knew much about Fanho, though mostly from separate research and the occasional spotting on Mamorinuku headquarters. Still, he would leave plenty of space for the young man to fill in his own personal life.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Fanho nodded in response to Kuodachi's advisement of rest for the nights stay. He took the rabbit stew taking a swig as he nodded his wiping his mouth with his sleeve. The rabbit stew was delicious, and definitely a nice treat while out in the field. Albeit no restaurant style food like back in Konoha, it was still impressiveness none-the-less, especially while out in the field working with what they had.

As the two discussed Kuo's other activities, the mention of Mamorinuku perked Fanho's ears. As well as the mention of Yoru. Fanho had heard of him, but he hadn't really gotten to know him. "You're in Mamorinuku? A few months before my Chuunin exam, I had approached about being apart of it, and I was tested by Shikari Nara." He reminisced a little bit about his testing, and how she had tested his defensive capabilities. "She pretty much threw her secretary at me, and told me to defend her." He gave a chuckle at the mention, it was a pretty easy training session, but Fanho had passed with flying colors.

The thought of genjutsu lessons peaked Fanho's curious mind. He was slightly lack luster in genjutsu, his skill being remedial at best, which led him to his next topic. "Genjutsu lessons huh? I could definitely use some lessons, I'm remedial at best, the minimum for a Chuunin. From my file you could probably tell I'm big on ninjutsu while being decent at taijutsu." Fanho needed to train genjutsu, but the thought of it made him groan at the back of his mind. Genjutsu was a subject he lacked in, and rarely trained. He largely went naive to the strong effects of genjutsu, even though from the sounds of it Kuo could completely destroy someone with it.

The wedding made Fanho cock his head, and raise an eyebrow as a piece of rabbit hung out from his mouth slightly. It caught him off guard to hear about wedding plans, but as slurped up the chunk of rabbit meat and wiped it with the sleeve of his shirt. He nodded and gave a wide grin. "Well congratulations, I guess I'll pull most of the work here, your fiance would probably kill me if I let you come home with little less than a scratch." He gave a hearty laugh as he finished speaking.

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 pm

“Mm. It’s an organization with Konoha’s safety at its core. I was very active for a few years. Saw you in passing around their headquarters. Shame we’ve not truly met before this mission.” He smiled as Fanho recounted his initiation. His was far simpler, little more than a meeting with the head. It seemed like so long ago. So much has happened since his joining… “Seems like most get tested in some manner. They just invited me with a handshake.” He’d boast lightly with a chuckle. Of course, joining as a Genin was different than his joining at Chuunin.

“My seminars can teach a lot of theory on the field, and I try to make them as painless as possible for the genjutsu adverse. Of course, it takes real practice to implement. If you ever feel like practicing, I’m usually lurking around the village somewhere.” To be taught by a Genjutsu master. It was not long ago he’d been approached by the Hokage candidate himself with a plea for such training. Five years ago, Kuodachi would never have thought his skills to be so valuable. Now, every bit of his genjutsu wisdom he could spread to Konoha Shinobi felt like a significant bolster to the ranks. He felt like he was truly making a difference.

Fanho’s reaction to the mention of wedding speak would not go unnoticed and would incite a hearty laugh from Kuodachi. It was rare for such a genuine laugh, but Fanho’s face did it. “She’s a doctor down at the hospital. Went through all the Shinobi training, and more recently decided to leave the combat field. A few years back though, she’d kicked my ass in every spar.” He shook his head with a goofy grin on his face thinking to when she had destroyed his personal training field to prove a point. “It brings a strain, me being out in the field like this. But, she is use to it. I think between her work and the Teruin family, she keeps pretty busy.”

Kuodachi recalled Hayashi mentioning Fanho on occasion. A student. Kuodachi’s memory was quite good… Using the mention as a shift from the marriage speak, he’d question, “If memory serves me, you’ve trained under Hayashi? He’s a very knowledgeable Shinobi.” Hayashi was a father to Kuodachi. A father like he wished he had growing up. There was no better man to train under.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:21 pm

While being in Mamorinuku and ANBU Fanho was kept fairly busy with missions. Rarely was a day off granted, he always maintained a busy schedule, whether it was a mission, training, or catching up sleep in-between at the Mamorinuku compound or ANBU compound. He gave a shrug at Kuo's entrance with a hand shake. "I guess hazing is probably a genin only thing, huh?" He gave a chuckle with his joke as he took another spoon full of the rabbit stew before tilting the bowl back, finishing it up. He placed the bowl on the log he sat on as he looked into the fire, the light not hurting his eyes.

At the mention of his wife being a combat medic, Fanho gave a nod. Very few shinobi could take the title of being a capable fighter and medic. The fact she left the field, but not the practice eluded to Fanho that she probably wanted to be close to home to focus on keeping Kuo in check as he gave a smile to his own joke. Fanho glanced towards Kuo with a cock of the eyebrow and head at the mention of the Teruin family. Which had been his own sensei's family name of their house, renown his skill in kenjutsu, Hayashi had reinforced the teachings embedded within Fanho, he was almost like a second father to Fanho.

At the mention of training under Hayashi, Fanho gave a nod. His sensei was certainly knowledgeable, and one of the best Jounin in the village. After all, he was no stranger to combat, the field, or the life style. He knew it all too well being a geezer and all. "No offense, but probably the best Jounin in the entire village if you ask me." He gave a laugh at poking fun at Kuodachi. "He's taught me several things, most importantly perseverance, and strengthened what I already know. His trust and belief in me is probably the main thing that keeps me pressing forward and striving to do better." He gave a warm hearted smile as he continued to speak. "He definitely has a lineage of promising students that have gone on to do great things. They're just testaments to how good he is."

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:57 pm

“It is indeed! Genin have to pay their dues.” He’d grow a cheeky smile at the silliness.

“None taken. I’ve a ways to go to meet his level.” It was true, he carried the same title as the old Shinobi, but he was a Genin when the man had already attained the rank. No amount of hard work would shrink that kind of gap, and a title alone did it no favor either. Hayashi was a better with a sword, with ninjutsu, with words, and could create plans of action Kuodachi would not even consider. Experience was the greatest source of the gap, and it was not going anywhere.

“He’s a good man. Perhaps the best I know. Though, stories of his youth tell me he has not always been that way.” If Fanho heard anything, Hayashi was very different when he was their age. The thought brought yet another smile to his lips. “Mm. I am not his student in any official right, but he has taught me a great deal since I met him.” It was his way. Whether you were around him with the purpose of learning, or around him for company and his wife’s good cooking, the man would impart his wisdom. Those around will only find themselves better off. “I can only hope that one day I can be as chalked full of wisdom…but I think those wisdom marks are a prerequisite…” He’d feign a defeated sigh before relinquishing yet another smile. Hayashi’s age was his weak point. Perhaps his only weak point. And Kuo was more than happy to take advantage of it. Mwahahaha! Still, in truth, he knew Hayashi was as likable as he is because of his age. When it comes down to it, no matter how many comments he makes about his age, the man was one of the greatest supports Kuodachi could ever wish for.

He’d chat for a while longer, but once he finished his bowl of soup, he’d move to end the socializing. “Best if we get some sleep. Two more days of travel its go time. Need to stay as rested as we can.”

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Fanho gave a nod at learning from Hayashi. If any shinobi, Genin to Bannin listened to the old man, they'd learn a thing or two. Fanho's immense respect if anything was towards Hayashi as the man practically prepared the boy for the ninja life. Breathing new life in his techniques preparing him for not just Chuunin, but giving him the skills to acquire Specialist Jounin and Jounin. Impressing the likes of even the future Hokage. The old man just had some ace up his sleeve when he taught. As teaching was definitely his most renown skill in the entire village, even the council had to give commendations for the wonderful shinobi he's trained.

The mark of his wisdom spread to whoever he spoke to, it just oozed out of the old man and into others like a disease. But rather than being a debilitating disease, it was one that grew and helped make you grow stronger. One instilled firm and not easily shaken. Heh, the idea of thinking of his sensei's teachings as a disease was a terrible comparison, but one pretty accurate. The lessons followed you every where like a bad cold, reminding you what it was at the best times. None-the-less something Fanho had learned for certain. "The old guy is chalk full of it I'll tell you that much. Always got so much to spread, and there's always something new to learn from him. Even some of the Bannin could take a note."

With the mention of sleep Fanho's mind raced for a quick hurrah as he kicked the boots off in-front of his tent, already unzipping it by the time Kuodachi was finishing his sentence. With a nod and a reply back the two were off to sleep. "You don't have to tell me twice, I think I can agree to some sleep."

Gothmer

Post by Gothmer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:07 pm

"Surely, all Bannin!" Kuodachi would correct with a smile. The night would come to a close. Kuodachi was quickly growing to appreciate his Chuunin teammate. In a short while, the young man had shown he was very capable of thinking as a Shinobi. He could see why Hayashi would accept him as a student. The mission was quickly shaping up to be an eventful one, that was certain.

And so, night would pass, watches would be traded without incident. The next 2 days would pass slowly as they traveled to their destination. A lot rest on their minds. The start of their journey opened up all kinds of speculation on the truth behind the mission they were on, if there was truly anything below the surface. Was this really the same manner of death trap Kuodachi had been following for some time now? Then, there was the talk of the high potential of Jashin involvement. Could Kuodachi’s hunt be related to the dreadful cult? So many questions were raised and only time would bring the answers desired.

For now, the two would continue traveling. There was no telling what was in store for them. Two days time and all would be revealed.

Return to “Fire Country”