[PB] Borders of Chaos -- Haunted Fortunes

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:00 pm

The town of Yokosuka was pretty quiet these days. The local lord minded his own business, while the townspeople kept to their own work, whatever that work may be. While a strategic town for Konoha and Fire Country as a whole, it was rather unknown to most others, letting the residents keep to themselves, while the townsfolk were perfectly fine with that arrangement.

One slight problem, though, was a local crime boss decided to take up Yokosuka as his home base, doing some activities that weren't quite alright with those that lived inside the village. Due to not having a ninja force of their own, the local lord asked for the help of three young impressionable genin. Seeing the local boss as a threat, they would have had to go through the task of finding him through whatever means necessary!

However, luckily for them, one lovely lady by the name of Sumiko has informed the leader to send for the Konoha genin so she would be able to assist them with their mission. It was a bit strange, but the woman specifically asked for these ninja, believing that they would be able to conquer this fiend!

(OOC: Gonna give you guys a few posts where you meet up and such, and then travel to the village. When you are ready, just tell me. Also, for this plot board!)
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:30 pm

Shin stood impatiently by a bench near the eastern gate of the village. Obviously he was the first to arrive. That was hardly surprising due to his inherent nature to be perceived as nothing less than the best. There were few his age that cared about being prompt in regard to arrival and such. Not that it really mattered in the end, especially considering the fact that nobody had arrived late yet. He was just early, far too early for his own good one may say. Those hazel eyes kept scanning over those coming and going in an attempt to guess their intent. All of them were already starting their own tasks, yet here he remained with the burden of having to wait for his comrades.

What a drag to have to 'wait' without anything to do aside from watch those that passed by. This boy really just wanted to get started with their adventure already! The simple eyes looked downward toward the bench, wondering about how much trouble he would get into if he lit it up for a mere moment or two. A victim-less crime, surely Shin would walk away with just a slap on the wrist. His mind rapidly came back to attention as two journeymen walked by him. Better to not prod at a sleeping beast while still amidst its person. There would be many opportunities to have fun later when further away from the village.

Perhaps Shin would finally get another chance to use his ninjutsu on one deemed acceptable to harm. A fortunate event indeed if such came true that is. The last time he had physically went along with burning somebody they gave him a black eye that forcibly kept him inside for the remainder of the week or longer. However, that was old news already! This time Shin would have muscle to back up whatever whim came to mind. Maybe it was delightful to have people coming?! They could prove useful as he began his technique and the like.

The whole time Shin's foot had been tapping restlessly against the ground in anticipation for what was to come. What was our hero up to today you may ask? Well that was an easy answer. The boy had been summoned along with two others to complete a particular task, otherwise known as a mission. He had been informed a day earlier by an official scroll that he was required to conduct this mission outside the village for once. After the 'incident' from last time he was outside the village, Shin had thought he had lost all privilege to leave. An interesting change indeed! Shin sat down now and looked around in an overly eager way. Where were those that were supposed to meet? Sure there was still time, but he WANTED to start.
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

Post by Sia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:17 pm

For the Hyuuga of the group, it was the first time ever for her to leave the walls of Konohagakure and traverse anywhere, let alone another village. So far, Konohagakure and more prominently the Hyuuga compound had been the only area she knew. As such, she surmised this was going to be quite a wonderful visit. With Geki straddled upon her back, the Hyuuga made her way towards the easternmost part of the village. It was still early in the day, not many souls stirred around the village. Indeed, she passed only two individuals on her way towards the designated meeting area. The entirety of her journey from the Hyuuga compound, Rei glided along the ground. It saved her time and was also good practice.

Her rounded red hat did an excellent job of shielding her eyes from the sun, which was fortunate for her, as she was heading head-on towards it. As she neared the meeting bench, she noticed that one of her companions was already there waiting for her, or so she assumed. She had never actually met any of the individuals she would be going on the mission with. But that was just fine with her, she looked forward to making new acquaintances. It helped to have a good network in her line of work.

She retrieved a spool of ninja wire from her backpack and began string each and every single one of the kunai and shuriken in her backpack along the wire. Her puppet, Geki was not quite yet suited for combat on his own for the time being, so she would have to resort to some tricks to make him more effective. Not much longer after she had finished stringing the weapons together, she hovered across the ground, covering the last bit of distance to Shin. Setting the string of weaponry into one of the pouches of her backpack, she channeled a bit of fuuton chakra outwards from her hands to push the brim of her hat upwards a bit, revealing her mismatched eyes. She also utilized this fuuton to lift a small notepad and graphite stick from out of her backpack and hovered them around towards her front. She manipulated them into writing out a message for her before causing the notepad to turn towards Shins direction, a soft smile across her face.

It read:

Are you one of my companions for the mission to the other village? I'm Hyuuga, Rei. Nice to meet you.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Yunarei

Post by Yunarei » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:26 pm

Koyuki had woken up early in anticipation for the mission she was about to depart on shortly. She adorned her treasured ring and packed a bag full of clothing and other miscellaneous supplies that she would need for the stay. Her parents were still asleep at the time that she left, taking a passing moment to bow to her sisters shrine and replace the incense that had burned and crumbled to ashes throughout the somber night. Koyuki had been on various missions before but never for an extended amount of time in another village, however she did not fear being away from home, she even thought it might be favorable to leave for a while.

Koyuki's deep blue eyes scanned the horizon as she exited her humble, wooden home. She could tell the time just by looking at the position of the sun which was beginning to peak over the horizon, another useful skill her sister had passed onto her. She headed straight for the market figuring that there would be enough time yet to pick up some fresh bread, one of her favorite foods when freshly baked. The smell of pastries incensed her she neared the bakery, the smell causing her mouth to water. She might not return to Konoha for some time, it would be satisfying to treat herself before she left. The baker, a humble lady knew what Koyuki had come for as she entered the small shop which was hidden at the corner of the market, no words were exchanged, only a brief smile from the baker as Koyuki dropped her money on the counter and walked off.

As she walk towards the designated meeting point at the east gate of Konoha, Koyuki had her first thoughts of the people she would be completing her mission with. She was nervous, not being very good around people but quickly brushed any negative thoughts away focusing on her pacing as she trekked onward. Koyuki came to a halt as she approached the meeting place, she stood still as she observed two village nin who she assumed were her partners exchanging a piece of paper. She took a moment to adjust her Katana's on her hip to make sure they were tight and worked up the courage to approach the two, loaf of fresh steaming bread in hand.

((OOC: Bare with me as I try to get into the rhythm of things, I haven't rp'ed in a long time, sorry ^^ ))

CharactersShow

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:33 pm

Shin glared at the girl approaching as she came closer and closer into his personal space. Was this one of his two comrades finally?! The glare was mostly due to his own discomfort of being in a state of restlessness, but once his eyes fully embraced the girl headed toward him, he froze as if not knowing what to do. The young-teenage-boy didn't know how to proceed for the moment as she was actually quite beautiful. Also the fact that she had practically drifted here on what he could only assume to be fuuton affinity! Wow, that was so cool he thought as he continued to wonder if he would eventually learn the fuuton affinity too. That would make for such the convenience. Actually, it would also aid him by making him look pretty 'fly' for a Konoha guy. Surely that joke would remain within his head for if it ever reached the outside world then more than likely the opposite would be said of the Genin.

Back to the here and now. The comrade was close now and she had been doing something odd, but that didn't take the cake. For when she finally reached him she revealed two things that blew that out of the water. First, her eyes were wonky! In a good way. That probably meant she was 'special', able to easily do this mission without him doing much at all. Or maybe not considering the second thing which was the fact she wasn't speaking. Was she a mute? Geez, that was a horrible life to live, yet she was doing great on the initial inspection. Scratch that, three things! She was also taller and looked to be a bit heavier than his small frame. How was he supposed to look cool and or imposing with somebody like this in his group? Shin could only muster, "I'm Sarutobi, Shin. Nice to meet you too. Yeah this is the designated spot for our group, thus I gather that we are going to be comrades for this mission! I have to ask though, can you really not talk?!"

As words left mouth, another comrade approached, but Shin hadn't been perceptive enough to notice her yet. Actually, the teen sniffed the air suddenly in confusion before Rei would have written down a response. What was that delectable smell in the air? Hadn't Shin eaten something before he left his house this morning? Nope, he had been too focused on how his hair looked that he actually left the breakfast on the table. Surely that would go to waste now, considering mother and father had left for work too. Shin looked to his right and then to his left. Another girl approached carrying what seemed to be a fresh loaf of bread! Wow! Yet another delightful surprise. Shin motioned her over to the two instantly assuming this new girl to be their last comrade in question. Plus, he wanted a taste of that bread in any case.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Sarutobi Shin. That was the name the boy had given her. It fit the information she was given in regards to the mission, so she assumed he wasn't lying. She could tell her wasn't, too. Her precise control over her own body language also allowed her to read it in others very well. He seemed nervous. His words ran together hurriedly. Rei opened her mouth, but only a soft giggle came out. A flurry of fuuton chakra waved around her notepad and pen, which wrote out a singular word, correct. Rei looked over as another figure neared them.

Rei's odd-eyes looked them over. The girl that approached appeared much akin to normal, as had Shin. Rei judged that they were both younger than her, as were most genin in the village. Shin was just slightly shorter than she was, but the girl approaching them was at least a good five inches under the both of them. As the three of them gathered closer together, Rei analyzed the two of them closer still. Shin's attire made her think of one of her storybook characters. That is, the color scheme at the least. Adorned in red and gold, she couldn't see his face. That was probably good for him, because given the way he was talking he was likely blushing as well.

The girl had brought food with her. A wise decision, Rei thought to herself. She also took notice of the ivory sheathes which housed the girls katanas. It seemed they had quite the array of talents between the three of them. Or so she hoped. One didn't usually carry more than one sword with them unless they actually knew how to use one. She couldn't tell from a simple glance what exactly Shin was capable of. She let it slide. Fuuton flowed around her notepad and pen once more, writing out a few words to direct towards the newcomber of the group.

I'm Hyuuga, Rei. Nice to meet you. (:

A smile was still plastered on her face, completely genuine in every sense of the word. Her odd-eyes were prominently displayed, her hat tipped up and out of her face.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Yunarei

Post by Yunarei » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Koyuki gazed directly at her group members as she approached, she was unusually nervous being quite a bit shorter than the group members that stood before her. As she came closer she noticed the girl who was floating's odd-eyes looking at back at her in an analytical fashion. She then looked towards the boy who was before her, or what she assumed was a boy as he looked quite feminine who had beckoned her over to the pair. He was a slender boy, Koyuki thought that perhaps he was hungry as she could practically see him drooling as he stared at the loaf of bread she was carrying.

Koyuki snapped back to the female that floated before her as she scribbled together a note on her notepad without the use of her hands. Fuuton Koyuki thought to herself, instantly recognizing the ability the girl was using. She glanced at the note before locking her eyes with the odd-eyes the girl possessed. "R-Rei, it's a pleasure to meet you" she stuttered, giving a small bow to hide the embarrassment on her face. The girl was beautiful, and had an elegance to her as she floated seemingly effortlessly before Koyuki. The most captivating thing however was her smile, Koyuki had been caught off guard by this, forcing a small smile onto her soft, pink lips.

Bringing her head back to level, Koyuki pushed her silky hair out of her face and looked towards shin. "My name is Yanai, Koyuki. I overheard that your name was Shin, it is good to meet you" Koyuki stated, this time her voice unshaken.
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Without reading what Rei had scribbled down in response to the question asked, Shin kept his focus on their new arrival who looked slightly flustered. Had she been equally surprised by the other girl too? That was a decent enough explanation for him, no need to waste time pondering on the irregularity, especially with scrumptious food within reach. All Shin had to do now was play his cards right! If he did that he may just end up with some of that lovely bread in his belly. With crossed arms, Shin met Yanai's eyes with his own before greeting her with a friendly smile which would largely remain unnoticed beneath the mask he wore. What was the use in smiling then? Shin pushed that thought from his mind as he eagerly asked, "The pleasure is all mine, Yanai! That loaf of bread looks quite yummy, are you going to share?!"

To be honest, the last portion was quite blunt. If Shin had any sense for tact, it had been thrown out the window. Actually, maybe that was too rude, especially to somebody Shin had just met. Instinctively his yap opened up again to remedy any ill thought towards his behaviour which was an oddity considering he didn't exactly care what people thought. Hastily Shin added, "I'll be honest with you, I forgot to eat breakfast this morning... so if you would be so kind as to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!"

Shin uncrossed his arms now and put a hand forward in gesture for Yanai to give him a piece of the bread clenched within her hands. A pompous action from the genin, but the reality of the situation was apparent. If he was left hungry, he would be a drag in their upcoming trek to the town outside the village. Surely he wasn't that unorganised? With signs like this one could assume he would be annoying to deal with when things became more serious. However, children barely picked up on these sorts of things taking them more at face value. There was nothing to worry about! Just some children doing their best to complete the objective given.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Sia

Post by Sia » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:16 am

Yanai, Koyuki. Yup, the description was spot-on. The girl seemed oddly nervous at first. In her defense, it was her first time meeting two separate individuals, so it made a bit of sense for her to not be completely open yet. Rei at least could understand that. Even she herself wasn't very quick to open up to people. Fortunately for her, her situation made it easier to compensate. Noone could tell she was untrusting because she always put on a good face. She was just too optimistic, easy-going. But this situation was different than those she had dealt with before. She would be working with these two for a long time. She would have to learn to trust them quickly, as they would have to learn to trust her. That was the only way things were going to work out. As the girl before her introduced herself, Rei would take a bow, accompanied with an overly dramatic spread of her arms. As she leaned forward, the puppet on her back would leer at the two of them. Chances were they hadn't even noticed it yet.

Remaining as silent as ever, Rei observed the interactions between the two of them. Shin was hungry. She wasn't the greatest of reading situations yet, but she was pretty good at them. Her inability to speak meant she had to make up for it in another department. She was an observer. An analyzer. If Shin didn't get food now, his moral would be down, which would bring the moral of the whole group down. Not to mention that a hungry ninja is a less efficient ninja. She wondered if the other two thought about these kinds of things. Perhaps not, she thought to herself. She would have to get used to being the eldest in a group. Not that it wasn't something she wasn't accustomed to already due to the academy, but it was different when you were going to be out in the fields.

Utilizing her jutsu, she shifted Geki's wooden head so that it rested on her shoulder, leering at the the two of them, teeth bared. This was only partially intended to be dramatic. In reality, she needed him moved slightly out of the way so she could more easily get to the provisions in her backpack. Notepad and pen floating over towards the side and out of the way, a pack of small provisions, namely rice balls, was retrieved from the inner folds of Rei's backpack. Floating the notepad and pen back into the bag, she dispelled her jutsu, allowing the rice balls pack to fall into her cupped hands. Opening it, she retrieved one for herself and extended her arm, offering the rest of the pack to the other two, but veered slightly more towards Shin's direction.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Return to “Fire Country”