[Red Alert] Mysterious Fires [Plotboard]

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 am

Masaru and his team leader were out in a forest investigating reports of mysterious forest fires. No one had been injured as of yet but there'd been a few close calls and so the villages had requested assistance. Masaru's job was recon. Go out to the previous fire sites analyze them for a clues or similarities then report back.

He'd been with Gene for a short period of time and had done the usual meet and greet at the village gates prior to leaving and Gene had laid down the ground rules and game plan. Masaru wasn't too sure what to make of the man. He seemed nice enough but other than that he had no clue.

Masaru was taking a a gander at one of the fire locations. The fires seemed random as the flames were never in the same place. There was already fresh growth coming up though the cinders the blaze had left behind. Masaru admired the tenacity of the forest and it's will to thrive and grow. Just as Masaru planned to leave he saw a signal flare and a lot of smoke off to the east. It was the sign that another fire had started. Without a moment's hesitation Masaru rushed off towards the blaze.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Post by Legacy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:48 am

"Something is off about these strange occurrences but we can't put our finger on it. Based on your report regarding the spirits I can only surmise that something or rather, someone is to blame for all this. I'm sending you out to find the culprit but breath not a worth of this to anyone, understand? I don't want to run the risk of throwing the village citizens into a panic. Oh, and one more thing; I'm placing a Genin under your charge for the time being. He's been told to scout out the surrounding smaller villages for any sign of survival but he doesn't know all of what's going on. I suspect that of one of the smaller villages dotting the countryside we'll find who we're looking for. Chances are that the person or persons responsible for this mess might be trying to hide out using a small village as a place of operation. So I'm counting on you and remember, Gene; Not a word to anyone!"

Gene, who had been standing in parade rest during the briefing, simply nodded and gave a short and concise "Understood." A moment later the silver-haired Jounin was gone out the door and presumably headed out to handle some unsavory business. What he thought about the matter, specifically sending a Genin out to handle a scouting assignment on his own didn't matter. If the kid was worth his salt the Cloud watcher would find out eventually and he did find out, upon meeting the kid at the gates before departing Gene asked and answered questions mainly pertaining to the young charge's assignment and not his true purpose. As they explored further beyond the village and deeper into the countryside Gene had gone over simple protocols and what to do if they should get separated for any reason. All in all, it'd been a pretty smooth journey up until they caught sight of the flames.

Look at this mess...The whole place is on fire."Looks like this is where the trouble begins, time to send out a messenger to report our findings." Kneeling down, the Jounin was about to reach for something to write with when he caught sight of the flare being raised. It wasn't blue for a location marker but Red...the kind of flare used to alert one of a battle in progress. The problem was...Gene wasn't sure who had sent out the flare. To his knowledge, there weren't supposed to be any other dispatched units out this far but before he could formulate a solid plan of action the young Charge was doing just that. Charging ahead. "Hey, wait!" Sucking his teeth Gene dashed after the kid dropping the pen he'd pulled out in the process.

Catching up to the kid hadn't exactly taken much time or effort for that matter. But trying to find words that didn't end in swearing certainly was a chore. To that end, Gene remained quiet for quite a ways until he calmed his nerves. "Alright, if we're going to do this lets not play hero and die okay?" He'd seen that look in Maseru's eyes one too many times before; that look of hot-blooded angst, the act first and think later tell tale sign, and Gene would be damned if he allowed the guy to do anything rash that could potentially cut both of their lives short. "We're headed for the direction of the flare but why? Those flames back there are still burning and I can imagine whatever's waiting for us where that flare went off won't be pretty. Best not to get in over our heads." Truthfully, Gene didn't know what was waiting for them and wouldn't take the risk with a Genin running with him. To be on the safe side his mind's eye was active and his other senses were fine tuned to their environment but he paid especially close attention to the variation in sounds from where they were outward in addition to being ghost quiet in his movements save for his voice that traveled only far and loud enough to be barely above a whisper to those listening in. Of course, Maseru should have heard him clearly.

If there was something waiting to ambush them he'd know it and take them out before they could even get the chance. Or maybe...

Gene had an idea. Risky as it was, it just might have worked....
UsedShow
Way of the Shadow
Pre requisites: [Stealth] Concentration, 20 Instinct
B-ranked Discipline

Through intensive training Gene has taken another step further in becoming a true Shinobi. He may now remain completely silently when walking and running but those with higher ranked hearing techniques may still hear him.

[Distinction ]
B-ranked discipline
Prerequisites: Perception concentration & 20 instinct
Description: As a Shinobi, it is imperative to be able to distinguish between the sounds of nature and those that are unnatural for the sake of one's own safety. To that end, Gene has gained enough experience to be able to tell the difference between natural sounds and those of a battle. Additionally, he may tune out sounds to focus on specific sounds and noises making him much harder to fool.

*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Ninjutsu/Control/Instinct stats of 10
This sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 25 yards. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of 10 feet. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Begrudgingly Masaru would slow down so his commander could give out orders. He didn't stop entirely just reducing his pace. He was dead set on heading over there hadn't been any deaths as a result of the fires yet and he didn't want the first one to be on his watch. His pride as a Shinobi of Konohagakure refused to yield and let innocent lives die.

"I'm not stupid you know. I have no intention of barging in and getting myself killed. However, it's clear these fires are connected and they're not natural. Most favorable reason, bizarre accidents of nature or careless travelers. Sadly the situation is too unlikely for something like that to be the cause. Most probable cause is someone or, even more likely given the state of emergency the land of fire is in right now, it's a fire spirit of some sort wreaking havoc and causing the fires."

Masaru kept his voice low as he traveled. Equipping his poleaxe just in case. He needed to learn a new variety of pole arts as all of his focused on increasing strength at the cost of speed and maneuverability. He made a mental note of this weakness to be addressed later. The rush of the air on his face gave him an idea as to what to focus his next series of pole arts on. He'd probably ask Gene for advice as he developed his new techniques.

Shaking his head as he ran to refocus he'd glance over at his commander to continue his train of thought. "Our mission is reconnaissance. I want us to at least head over and get view of who or what exactly is causing the fires so we can give an accurate report. If once we get there you decide we're able to intervene and save who ever is being attacked we'll do so. If you deem the situation to dangerous we withdraw and send in a report as well as a request for reinforcements."

Masaru bit his lip. His next words were out of place and the sentiment involved could in theory be considered a risk to the mission. On top of that he was speaking out of line. "I just don't wanna leave someone who might need our help to just fend for themselves. As shinobi of the village hidden in the leaves, we are the guardians of the land of fire. If we can't reinforce that image and make the citizens of the land of fire believe that then our village will get less request and it'll make it harder on the village. The villages requested our aid for a reason. They believe we can handle it and I don't want to prove them wrong." Although he was a genin, he knew how important even the lowest of request were to the survival of the village.

Although it wasn't entirely proper to speaking out like this to his commanding officer. Masaru felt these things needed to be said. Not only to put all his cards on the table, but also so Gene would know what kind of person he really was. He knew the Jounin would've heard stories about him prior to being given command over him. He needed Gene to know he wasn't just a hot headed fool. His reputation wasn't entirely deserved. He was always defending someone in the fights he got in. It wasn't his fault that the other people couldn't protect themselves properly in a fight. With his piece said he'd quiet down and await whatever response his commander would have for him. Whether it was a reprimand for speaking out of line or and approval of trying to place the needs of the people and village first he'd accept the consequences of his actions as he always did.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:40 pm

While Gene had several questions pertaining to Maseru's logic he took a certain interest in breaking down the kid's thought process. There hadn't been much time to properly observe the flames and how exactly they'd been affecting the material beset by them since he'd been somewhat forced to slow down a charging Senju but Gene knew better than to dismiss the possibility of what the kid was saying. If for nothing else than because he himself had already come face to face with a dangerous spirit beast; it was for that reason that he could not and would not allow the Senju to make any rash movements on his own, restraining the kid by force if deemed necessary. "Interesting theory. Though without the proper evidence to back it we're just pulling straws here. Those flames might have been caused by Chakra, sure. But why? I don't like the looks of this and it would be best not to lower your guard."

Even though Maseru knew of the current state of emergency he still found it plausible to make hasty decisions? Gene didn't like it. The smarter option would have been to put out the flames in the area and then work toward the disturbance in order to at least contain the wild fires to a localized region thus preventing any harm to the crops growing nearby, clearing up path ways and even potentially getting a better grasp on exactly what they were dealing with. *Huff*...Well, it's too late for that now. Just when he thought that he'd heard the last of it, Maseru went on to bring up what his assignment had been. There were plenty of ways to go about handling recon and charging straight into a danger zone while the most basic and typical option, wasn't exactly the most intelligent. Of course...he wouldn't say that. Gene's task wasn't to drill the kid but keep him alive in the event that he got in over his head, as well as intercept and kill whomever had been the cause of these inferno storms. To that effect, he would put up with a bit of irritation for the sake of his true mission.

However, when the young Senju spoke of upholding an image and protecting the entirety of Fire country Gene couldn't entertain the notion. "Our loyalties are to the village and its people. Fire country on the other hand is governed by the Daimyo and the Samurai under his charge; if it is deemed that the mission is too risky to be carried out with the current man power available, there will be no chancing it. The mission will end and we will withdraw." His words may have come off as cold, pessimistic or even outright cowardly to the pride & honor filled Senju but Gene spoke from a place of experience and realism. There were Shinobi far stronger than he was and considerably less concerned with the safety of a child and a Teenager; before the cloud watcher would allow any harm to come to the boy he'd pull all the stops and exercise every conceivable precaution. Pride had no place out in the field and there was certainly no honor among the dead.

Interestingly enough though Gene didn't reprimand the kid out right for his speaking out of line. As luck would have it, the Silver-haired Jounin was never one for formalities and often forewent standard procedure when he thought that no one was watching. Letting the kid speak his mind was just Gene's way of showing that even if they were leagues apart in age, skill and experience, he still valued the young boy's input. "Don't get the wrong idea here either. I understand where you're coming from but this isn't a game we're playing. In our world...people die." For a moment, Gene's mind drifted back to a time long since forgotten; he'd been running as fast as his legs could carry him away from a smoking district. Behind him, the lone Senju who had fought valiantly to ensure his and his comrade's successful escape.

When the vision ended the duo came up on a bend in the road and Gene halted abruptly. "Hm...Looks like we're not so far off but do you see that?" He'd pointed to where the grass had been bent irregularly just three meters East of where the two had been. Upon closer inspect they'd find that chunks of a tree had been...torn off? Gene had never seen anything like it before and it made him all the more curious. I was going to use him as bait but...I'm not so sure now. Maybe a Shadow clone ought to do the trick.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:54 pm

Masaru would listen closely to what his commander had to say. Yeah he spoke out of turn but it wasn't done out of disrespect and he wanted to learn as much as he could from the man to improve himself and become a better shinobi. While Masaru couldn't agree with everything the man said, the reality of the situation was that he didn't have to. At the end of the day it didn't matter what he thought about what they did. What mattered was what the higher ups thought, and if those thoughts could be swayed.

would perform a series of handsigns and a small little leaf would be made. He'd pass it to Gene. "In the event we are separated this will allow me to find you." Masaru was nervous after seeing the broken branches and bent grass. Something very strong or very big had passed through and recently at that. Masaru went over to the tree carefully putting his hand on it and inspected it. He looked into the damged section and saw that the edged we're burnt and smoldering. He'd back away slowly while they weren't overly close to the last blaze they weren't that far either. The culprit could've been watching them waiting to attack.

Feeling vulnerable Masaru would roll up his sleeves so his forearms were exposed. Immediately after he'd follow up with a series of hand seals. Upon completion a wooden shield would grow out of his left arm. Hefting the right hand with the poleaxe up he'd glance around. "I know you may not like this idea, but you need to put space between us. I'm not nearly at good at stealth as you, and my movements are making all sorts of noise. I don't know if the target is nearby or has noticed us, but if it hasn't, it'd be better for it to believe it's just me here and not the both of us. Most of my jutsu are actually defensive based. And hey even if it's something I can't handle, you can always swoop in and save me."

Tactics was something Masaru understood fairly well, and while he wasn't skilled or smart enough to be considered a tactician,he understood the theory behind simple plans and tactics. Ambush was one of the oldest and most effective means to attack. He wasn't sure if they were walking into one, but he knew Gene stood a chance of slipping away unnoticed, and if it got down to a fight he'd be reliant on Gene to get them out.
JutsuShow
Mokuton • Leaf Tracker
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By closing their palm and performing the correct hand seals with the other, the user can create one small leaf, around a half-inch in diameter. Once this has been done, they will place the leaf on their desired target. The user can track the exact location of the leaf for up to 7 meters. For up to 20 meters out, the user can track a rough location. From then out to 100 meters, the user just gets a general idea of where their target is. The chakra in the leaf will dissipate at the end of 6 posts.

~Mokuton • Bulwark
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By performing the correct hand seals, the user of causes several waves of wood to grow out of their arm, forming a 5x3 foot, 4 inch bulwark of wood to form on their arm. The bulwark has a strength of 6 and forms at a speed of 4.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:18 am

Gene had still been investigating the area where he believed that his target went in when Maseru mentioned leaving him behind. Even though he had planned to do so anyway hearing the boy say it almost made Gene want to reconsider; if for no other reason than because there could have been more than just spirits out in the forest lands and even he couldn't say for sure although...the concept was sound enough. "Fair enough, I'll leave you to it. Oh, take this." Reaching into his primary weapon's pouch Gene pulled out a single paper bomb and handed it over to the young boy. "If you do happen to get into any trouble just set this off and wait." A paper bomb certainly wasn't a flare but it would do the trick as far as the noise were concerned. A man with Gene's hearing could discern sounds hundreds of meters away with distinct clarity - he'd be relying on that keen sense to route and crush his enemies should the need arise.

His piece spoken, Gene bounded into the tree line and then faded in a blur of silent movements but he'd been careful enough to leave a Raiton Release Shadow clone hidden in the vicinity to trail the young Senju Genin. As much as he gave the boy credit for agreeing to pull his own weight, Gene still didn't have faith in the guy. Hopefully, through this assignment, he could gain that trust in the young man.
Used/Given awayShow
1 Paper bomb
1 Raiton release Shadow clone
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:01 am

Masaru nodded he took the tagged kunai. He tucked it in his jacket then took off in the direction the flair and smoke had come from. As he traveled he tried to keep an eye open for anything out of the ordinary. The first thing he noticed was the lack of noise. All the wildlife seemed to have vacated the area, though he was unsure if that was due to the fire or not. As he traveled he eventually came upon a path of destruction broken tree limbs and scorch mark riddled the path leading straight to the smoke.When Masaru arrived he discovered that there were four individuals already at the scene fighting the fire.

One was a man approximately 6'1"-6'4", with a large build, golden red hair and green eyes. The man was using an axe to chop at the burning trees. Masaru could see his muscles flex with every swing. The second individual was a young boy, younger than Masaru probably about 6 or 7 years old. He was diminutive in stature and shared features with the man with the axe, sporting the same red hair and green eyes. Masaru quickly came to the conclusion that the boy was the man's son. The last two were both females and the most striking thing about them was their face and stature were identical. Both had golden hair and blue eyes. If it wasn't for the difference in clothing he wouldn't have been able to tell them apart. One of them was standing back holding on to the young man while the other was helping the man by throwing pails of water from a nearby pond on to the fire.

Although weary of the man with the axe Masaru's primary concern at was putting out the fire and keeping it from spreading. "Allow me to help. I'll cut off the routes the fire can spread so we can corner it and douse it out." As he spoke his hands would be forming seals and after their rapid completion three stone walls would rise up boxing off the fire from the forest leaving the only open path towards the pond. Following this move Masaru would quickly begin another series of handsigns and when he finishes a bunch of tree roots would shoot from the ground attacking the burning trees and pulling them down to the ground uprooting them. With the trees down and the path of flames cut off it didn't take long for the five of them to put out the flames. (Man)"Many thanks friend. My name is Yamamoto Kaitio, I'm a wood cutter for a nearby village. This is my family, my son Shiro, my wife Aiko and her sister Aika. We were camping not far from here when we saw the fire. It was quickly growing out of control so I shot the flair I was given by the village into the sky to call for help hoping someone else was in the area. Glad to see it wasn't in vane."

"Im Senju Masaru, a shinobi of the village hidden in the leaves. Did you happen to see the source of the fire at all? Anyone fleeing the scene when you arrived?

(Kaito)"No I'm sorry. When I arrived the fire was already going out of control I was too focused on putting out the fire."

(Shiro)"Mister! Mister! I saw it. It was this big creepy monster with huge horns and eyes of fire!"

(Akio)"Shiro how many times do I have to tell you not to tell your stories to strangers?!"

Upon hearing the boys words Masaru's face became very serious. He squared down to the boy's level. "Are you absolutely sure of what you saw? A beast with horns and flaming eyes?" Under normal circumstances Masaru would have probably written off the boys words as a tall tales like his mother, however with all the spirits on the loose it wouldn't surprise him if there was indeed such a spirit hiding in these woods. He just found it odd that a fire spirit would take up residence in a forest.

(Shiro)"Absolutely sure sir. I wouldn't lie to you. You're a ninja, I'd get in trouble if I lied to you."

"Is there anything else you can tell me about this monster you saw? Anything that could help me find it?"

(Shiro)"Its body was giving off black smoke as if it was burning."

(Akia)"Masaru sir, I think I know what my nephew saw. There was a stag that ran off from the flames. The burning eyes and the smoke coming off of it was probably just from the flames of the fire scaring him."

(Shiro)"NONONONO! I know what I saw. You believe me don't you Masaru?"

"Of course I do. Thank you folks for your contribution to my investigation. Hopefully we'll be able to stop the forest fires soon. I have to go report now. If you hear or see anything else please report it to the nearest village."

Masaru would crack a smile at the child's innocence and then thank the people for their help he'd take off into the forest tracking the trail of destruction from earlier. He'd thought about throwing the kunai but wanted to save it for an emergency. He'd hone in on the leaf he'd created earlier and start searching for Gene. He needed to give a report on his findings and asap, the situation may very well require back up. As he traveled he couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, yet no matter how many times he stopped and checked his surroundings he could never find anything. On edge he equipped his lance and recast his wooden shield jutsu.
JutsuShow
~Mokuton • Bulwark
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By performing the correct hand seals, the user of causes several waves of wood to grow out of their arm, forming a 5x3 foot, 4 inch bulwark of wood to form on their arm. The bulwark has a strength of 6 and forms at a speed of 4.

~Mokuton • Sprouting Roots
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By performing the correct hand seals, the user will cause a root to sprout out of the ground at their feet before lashing out at a target's feet up to 7 meters away at a speed of 6. If successful, the root will pull their feet out from under them at a strength of 4 and attempt to rapidly drag them back towards the user. If the targets strength is higher, the technique will fail.

*Doton • Wall
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a solid stone wall up to 5 meters away from them at a speed of 6. The wall has a strength of 4 and is 3x3x1 meters large.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Meanwhile, Gene had been doing his own research into these strange occurrences. A traveling merchant had happened across his path and the two spoke at length about how mysterious creatures just began popping up all of a sudden. A water spirit, whom Gene had witnessed personally, a Storm spirit and lastly - a great Earth monster that must have scared the man because as he spoke on the final beast Gene could see him begin to tremble at the thought all over again. That was around the time that he revealed that he was a part of the hunting party to track down and exterminate just the kind of threats that had been described and immediately the man's face softened.

Y-you mean you're going to go after those monsters?! Just you, alone?!" Normally he would have broke the man's jaw for saying something so ridiculous but given the nature of those spirits Gene couldn't help but understand the man's skepticism. "Well, not quite. You see - in order to deal with these beasts a specific kind of method needs to be used and THAT requires a team. I'm just the scouting party," at least Gene told half of the truth. He wasn't about to reveal any more than he needed to and on the other hand, he was right. He WAS there to track down the creature and deal with it. Dealing with it however, could have meant anything. "Anyway. Start from the top, what you said earlier about the strange goat like animal with flames coming out of its body. Are you sure that this was the reason behind the flames here?" The traveling merchant nodded and explained again what he had saw and just like before, Gene suppressed the urge to sigh. It was just as he thought...this wasn't going to be an easy rodeo after all.

Their conversation finished, Gene let the man go on his way after skillfully placing one of his hairs laced with chakra on the man's clothing. A tracking tool disguised as a reassuring and friendly gesture of good will; from the calculated rubbing of the back of his head to the tap on the man's shoulder, the cloud watcher was always working an angle. Oddly enough, no sooner had the man bounded up the road did Gene hear a set of beating steps approaching quickly. "Hm? What timing.."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Masaru would stop once he was close enough to Gene to be able to snese him vai his tracking jutsu. He wouldn't actually approach as he was weary of being followed. He'd move the kunai with the flare into the hand with the shield. He'd stop and turn around moving into his immovable mountain to prepare for a potential attack. Scanning the surrounding areas with a careful eye, he'd shout hoping Gene was within range to hear his words.

"Alright whosever out there's how yourself! I know your there, there's no point in hiding. Come out and face me." He'd shiver slightly partially with anticipation of an upcoming fight and partially out of nervousness. This was a chance to prove himself and his value to Gene. He wasn't about to fail.

He spots a black stag not too far away but being this is a forest he doesn't pay it much mind at first. It isn't until he realizes the stag is approaching his location that he notices the smoke coming off of it. He quickly tosses the kunai into the air setting off the flair. Hoping Gene will arrive quickly he holds his lance forward ready to ward off the approaching spirit.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:31 pm

When he heard the sound of the paper bomb going off Gene's Raiton release shadow clone turned toward the noise and headed straight for it. He'd instructed the boy to use that item if he came across anything potentially dangerous though he had never expected to hear a boom so soon. Carefully, the clone made his way silently through the forest but kept a brisk pace so as to not drag and run the risk of arriving too late. Meanwhile, the real Gene also converged on the location but it would have taken him a while to get there. For now...Masaru would have to hold his own.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Tue May 08, 2018 6:03 pm

IburuShow

Ninjutsu: 35
Taijutsu: 19
Genjutsu:1
Stamina:20
Control:30
Strength:15
Speed:35
Instinct:20
Seeing the flare Iburu would charge in rapidly headbutting the young shinobi. Iburu knew he didn't have a lot of time now that the flare had been set off. He knew the weakling before him would have reinforcements soon. His headbutt would be blocked by a wooden shield but his overwhelming strength would cause the simple thing to shatter and send the young man back in to a tree.

To his credit the young man quickly recovered. It irritated Iburu immensely seeing the young man's face tenacity. It was a young man that had sealed him in that tower. Though the two looked nothing alike and their power levels were completely different, the armor of the boy in front of him was similar and sparked an intense fury in the spirit.

The spirit would smirk and the flames from it core would blast forward with out warning. Unfortunately the little brat had already put an earthen barrier between them while he'd been temporarily lost in the past. The barrier would hold against the simple flamethrower but it would crumble to his horns. As he emerged on the other side of the wall he'd feel a jarring impact on his head.

The young man had hacked down at him with his polearm. Though not damaging in the slightest his hard skull block the blow it was mildly disorienting and irritating. Bucking his horns so as to lock the polearm in between them, he'd yank the polearm out of the boys hands, sending it flying only to land a good distance away one end stuck in the earth.

The boy would desperately make a few small weapon from wood that Iburu would make short work of, burning them to a crisp with some flames from his nostrils. He'd rear back and kick the young man in the face with a hood a solid think resonating through the air as the boy's head whipped back into a tree before he crumpled.

Masaru's eyes would widen as the stag charged with a speed he thought to be impossible. He'd immediately brace himself shield forward for maximum defense. Unfortunately the damn beast was to strong and not only was he sent flying back into a tree his shield was broken.

He'd stand up quickly and wipe some blood from his lips. He knew he was way out classes but he could sense Gene approaching. He knew if he could just hold on till he arrived he'd be safe. Hed use a series of hand selas to raise the dirt in front of him into a wall. He knew it wouldn't hold up very well against the beast and thus turned and ran up the tree behind him as he heard the stag charged.

He'd kick off the tree and slam the blade of his poleaxe towards the spirit's head. Using the momentum of his fall in conjunction with Crushing weight of the mountains to give his attack greater impact. Sadly despite this being a wholehearted effort, the attack seemed to have little to no effect on the beast outside of pissing it off.

Masaru knew he was in deep shit and continued to press the attack. He knew he had no chance of out running or overpowering the beast and hoped he'd be able to simply survive even if just barely till Gene arrived. His face would pale as the beast snagged his poleaxe and began to pull it from his hands. He knew if he lost his grip it'd be over the poleaxe was the only thing that had been able to keep the beast at a distance.

The creature yanked violently his shoulder releasing a resounding crack that sent a burning pain shooting through his right side. Not only had the beast ripped the polearm right out of his hands it'd even dislocated his right shoulder. Enduring the pain Masaru would bend his right elbow up to form signs . He'd had enough time to create and throw a batch of 10 senbon at his target only to watch the beast demolish them with a simple snort of fire.

He'd see his life flash before his eyes as the creature of nightmare reared back to kick out at him. "Sorry Gene I tried tohold on. Guess it was to early ..." He'd think of his family back home and smile sadly as the creatures hoof connected with his head. From there everything went dark. He wouldn't even feel his body hit the ground.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun May 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Arriving ahead of the charge was Gene's Raiton release Shadow clone and when it saw Maseru laying unconscious on the ground all bets were off. "I don't know what your game is but harming a Hidden Leaf Shinobi was the last mistake you'll ever make." A low growl escaped the Raiton Bunshin's lips and before long, the replica charged head long toward the beast nearing his top speed. Once he'd gotten close enough the Shadow clone drew back its right arm and balled its hand into a tight fist before letting it fly with all the force of a thrown weighted training ball.

If this creature had been anything like the spirits that he'd fought in the past then beating it down until it were severely weakened just might have done the trick. However, he couldn't help but notice that there were flames beginning to flourish from where the damned thing stood which meant that he had another problem to deal with. "Maseru! This is no time to be napping!" He shouted but it was no use, the boy was out like a light. As much as he wanted to grab Maseru and retreat doing so would give the spirit a chance to do more harm to others and that wasn't acceptable. More importantly, the Raiton Shadow clone now stood between the spirit and a downed Senju - a blocker that the Shadow clone would deliberately maintain until the Real him arrived.

ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Sun May 13, 2018 5:01 pm

"You over estimate yourself human." Iburo would snort and dart to the side as a blast of flames would shoot from his nostils towards the face of human in front of him. As his head went down and under the arm Iburo would use the man's miss as an opportunity to run a circle around him, his hoof prints smouldering. When he made the complete circle, the ground would explode like an erupting volcanoes with a blast of fire that would shoot up 15 meters like a jet before falling back down and creating a mere 5 meter diameter barrier around the man. After encircling the target Iburo would arrogantly snort a puff of flame shooting out his nostrils.

With a whip of his head the ring of fire would grow again and a funnel spout would drop from the top to the bottom, in an attempt to suck the man in and incinerate his body into nothing. The spinning vortex of flames would rapidly increase in temperature with the eye of the vortex void of flame, but hot enough to incinerate a body to dust, hot enough to destroy even the bones. Iburo would smirk and trot over to the body of the unconscious boy. Biting the back of his shirt and jacket he'd pick him up and dragging him off into the forest. As it went to make it's escape it look back at the flaming death trap. "Stupid human."
JutsuShow
Jet Blast
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing a series of seals, the user will blast kato chakra out one of the apetures of the body(holes ie mouth nose ears butt...) In a flamethrower like jet.the flames can shoot up to 15 meters and impact with a strength of 15 traveling at a speed of 15.

Ring of Fire
A-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing seals the user will channel katon chakra down to their feet leaving scorched footprints and charging the ground with their chakra. Once a circle has been made the ground will erupt with flames that will shoot up 15 meters like a volcano's first jet at a speed of 25 and a force of 25, and then lower back down to 10 meters. The ring of fire will last 5 post before burning out and the diameter of the circle can be no larger than 5 meters. The flames will meet at a point at the top,appearing from a distance to be a singular flickering flame almost like the flame on a candle wick.

Cataclysmic Incineratiom
S-Rank Ninjutsu
After Ring of fire has been cast a series of hand seals will trigger the remaining wall to blast up to 25 meters tall. The tip of the flame will then invert as it becomes a vortex spinning down to the bottom of the trap at a speed of 25. The vortex will suck in anything trapped inside the walls of the Ring of fire with a strength of 45.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat May 19, 2018 3:08 pm

The Raiton release Shadow clone had not been able to account for the fire spirit's speed and his initial punch was dodged easily enough. However, Gene was a precautious man and had taken into account what should happen in the event that one of his clones were ever destroyed ahead of their time. When the flames struck the clone released the Shadow clone jutsu and with it - all of the stored Raiton energy contained within itself causing a violent and erratic spread of electricity within a 1 meter radius of its previous location; a range that may have predisposed the animal to mild nervous stimulation in the form of localized paralysis. If nothing else, the sudden shock may have kept the beast from attacking Maseru so soon but the Raiton release Shadow clone was done for.

Meanwhile, Gene continued onward. It wouldn't be long until he closed the distance but would he make it in time?
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Sun May 20, 2018 6:30 am

The burst of electricity had caused electrical burns along Iburo's right side as well as causing the right foreleg to go numb as the electrical energy dissipated. Although the circle was completed slower due to the disabled limb the jutsu would continue as planned obscuring Iburo's view inside. Believing the electricity to be the result of an attack versus the destruction of the clone, Iburo would follow through with his next move to incinerate his target. The vortex would smash down and only scorched Earth would be left in it's place.

Believing the threat to be destroyed Iburo would have even more motive to take off with the boy that the man had tried so hard to protect. As he hobbled off into the woods he'd release a snort of flame and manipulate into five flaming phantoms of himself. The 4 stags would burn and run away from the scene, causing wild fires to spread in every direction they left, covering the four cardinal directions for 20 meters before turning right to create a circle. When the circle was complete the flames would go inwards to leave a 40 meter diameter circle of blazing flames, the wild fire spreading and quickly filling in the gaps. The clones would explode at the end of their run to add fuel to the blazing inferno. Iburo himself would manipulate the flames to create a tunnel out the giant flaming area, the scorched forest covering his tracks as he vanished into the woods with Masaru's unconscious body in tow.
JutsuShow
Flaming Phantoms
A-Rank Ninjutsu
Iburo's version of a shadow clone. The clones naturally release flames as Iburo does when angered gradually draining their stamina till the jutsu is released.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed May 30, 2018 4:41 am

"That's not good!" Rounding a corner, bounding up a tree and into open space Gene could not relish in the freedom allowed in his movements. Instead he'd been overwhelmed with a sense of urgency; ground rumbling, incredible orange light and monstrous bang were never things that one wanted to see or hear in regards to a missing person much less a dangerous spirit! Spring boarding forward into several frontal flips, Gene landed on scorched ground in absolute awe at the scene in front of him. Flames were everywhere and the smoke had been thick enough to choke his breath away forcing him to cough several times.

"Maseru! Damn it!" His Shadow clone's collected information had told Gene the bulk of what he didn't want to know and gave him a general idea of where to begin his search. However...this was one problem , he realized...that couldn't be solved alone. Erecting his right hand skyward, Gene weaved seals with his opposite hand and concentrated until a bright and violent streak of electricity rocketed toward the heavens creating a bone chilling shriek that could have been heard for miles. It was a flare unique to the Jounin and one he hoped would serve to alert other nearby Shinobi from his village on patrol of the dangers. After the flare was shot, his focus shifted immediately to his mind's eye.

Though he had not been the best Sensory type by any means, a signature as large and vibrant as the Flame spirits would not have been hard to miss. The hunt was on and Maseru's well being just may have depended on Gene's success...

ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Return to “Fire Country”