[Graded][PB] Protect The Route

Texas

[Graded][PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:22 am

It was an early morning. Tenzin had received his orders the day before. It was uncommon for a trade route in the Fire Country to be harassed by bandits. However, their skill has caused great alarm and in need of professionals. Tenzin did his usual routine. He showered, brushed, and put on his ninja attire. It wasn't too often he received missions due to his career choice. He was more than happy to take a break from being in a classroom to help out on a mission. Before he left he took the clothes he received from one of the Hokege's associates. Each shinobi on this mission was given a disguise to wear to attempt to look like a trader; basically to avoid looking like a ninja. Tenzin put on his bamboo hat and his large brown poncho that covered his whole body. He took the disguises that were given to him for the other two shinobi to give to them at the gate. After that, he got moving to make it to the Hidden Leaf Village Gate.

Tenzin took his time to get to the gate to meet the other Shinobi. He normally is early to everything and even with walking slow, he knew he would be there first (or at least hoped). The basics of the mission is to go to the traders route, find the bandits, find their location, then retrieve anything that have left that was stolen. Tenzin was a little rusty when it came to performing in missions. He had some tactics in mind but was going to wait for the situation to present itself before he could truly formulate a plan.

With little time passed, Tenzin arrived to the large carriage with fake gold and two large horses that would be moving the carriage. He made his way to the horses and started petting the one on the left that was facing the gate. They both were brown and truly great looking horses. With slight hesitation, Tenzin made his way to the back of the carriage and waited for the other two shinobi to arrive. He held their disguises in his hands and waited for them to arrive. "This will be interesting"
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBanin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

Servant

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:19 am

Niku had arisen earlier than normal. It's the nerves, she mused to herself as she finished getting ready. It was still too early to leave, but she was super excited. This was like her first real mission. I mean, I've done missions, but they've all been 'save the cat', 'find the culprit', or 'help little old ladies' cross the street'. Ok, I didn't do the last one, but still. This is the first time I'll be doing real ninja work! Fighting bandits and returning stolen treasure, how sweet is that?!

She headed out the door, her head in a world all its own as she left her home. She'd remembered to grab her satchel and she'd decided to leave Akisu at home, just in case things got troublesome. For her first time outside the village since becoming a shinobi, Niku's grandfather had given her two more wazikashi's. She knew had 4 total, 2 per hip. She'd even had some time to train with them, so she felt really ready for taking on some bandits. A nearby rooster's crow brought Niku out of her reverie, leading her to realize just how early she was going to be. With her extra time, she stopped by a training ground with the intent to work off some of her nervous energy.

But I don't want to tire myself out before the mission... she countered her own plans. Maybe I should just sit here and meditate, she smiled a little at the thought. She wasn't known for being quiet or still, so meditation wasn't something many people got to see Niku doing. But she had done it with her grandfather, so it wasn't a new concept to her. She crossed her legs and took a seat atop a rock.

After sitting and allowing her thoughts to run their course, Niku decided to head on over to the village's gate. She felt a bit less nervous and more mentally ready for what lie ahead. As she arrived to the gate, she noticed the gorgeous carriage and horses that were stationed there. Then she saw Tenzin Sensei. "Tenzin Sensei!" she screamed, not quite realizing how loud her own voice would be until she'd finished her thought. "Yikes, sorry that was a little loud. Did you request my assistance for this mission?!" she asked her sensei, her tone causing the remark to sound more like an accusation than a sincere question.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:21 am

Naoyukino woke up like his usual mind wandering self; stretching with sleepy tunes in his head which progressed and became more vivid the more he moved and got up, that is until he suddenly shot awake to full alertness as he was passing into his bathroom and remembered one very important thing.
"Oh right, mission day" he blurted to himself with great alarm as he recalled.

With such a huge recollection the elder teen slapped both his cheeks as if to properly wake himself before forming a rather stern, steely face that seemed to put him into a kind of completely focused like mode as he became aware he had to be serious and push out all the daydreaming nonsense from his mind.
"No fooling around today" he then spoke in a clam manner, reminding himself that he absolutely bust be aware for his mission.

Once the chuunin had focused his mind he then went about his proper daily routines, albeit with much more speed and precision than he would've if he had not cleared his mind and as such he swiftly became that of said chuunin before greeting everyone else.
Everyone else in this case was really only his mother as she was up preparing breakfast whilst his grandparents where still resting and his little brother was not yet up, then there was the fact his father was already on his own mission and who knew what his aunts and uncles where doing but they weren't here today for now.

Breakfast was fast like everything else and after a few goodbyes with the legendary swine getting up in time to see the boy off, Nao left his home and the Yamanaka compound with Sayuri in tow or rather simply resting rather lazily atop the blond's head as if the messy hair was her own nest.
Having left the compound he then made haste for the village gates and as he was arrived he heard a kid call out for some Tenzin-sensei, to which the teen recalled such a name on his mission report and so he glanced over but only saw some merchant but after following black haired girl who seemed to have called out he realised said merchant was indeed Tenzin.
"Ah, right, the report did say we where to wear disguises" he blurted out loud as he approach, to which he then gave a little wave and blushed a little in embarrassment
"Oh right, hey, my name's Yamanaka Naoyukino and I suppose you two are the team members for this mission about some bandit problem" he added as he officially greeted the man and girl and explained himself a little.

Texas

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:48 am

Tenzin watched as the shinobis appeared one at a time. The genin and chuunin would make a great team, considering their strengths were completely different.. almost opposites. Without much time going by, Niku was the first to greet Tenzin. He looked at her and gave her a simply greeting, he also answered her question: "Hello Niku, nice to see you. I did in fact request you and one other."

Right as he finished his sentence the chuunin walked up and was excited to see his capabilities on the battlefield. He simply replied to the shinobi: "Yes we are, this is the dream team." He took a few steps and handed them their separate disguises. He gave one to Niku, then took a few steps and handed the other to Naoyukino. After that he walked to the carriage and faced in the general direction of both of the shinobi's. He had a few hidden goals within this mission, one of them is simply for the other two shinobi to learn from each other. One was very skilled in ninjutsu where the other was very skilled in Kenjutsu. He wanted to teach them an emphasis on balance without actually saying anything to them.

As he stood there looking at them he folded his arms and was sure that they were paying attention. "You guys know the mission. There is not much to say now, we will discuss strategy during the ride there. It will take a little bit of time, but when we get to where we need to be.... you both should be ready for any situation." During his talk, he made sure to look both of them in the eyes to ensure that they understood he was serious. However, it could be confusing with his relaxed body posture that he was holding at the time.

When he finished his short talk, he turned and started making his way to the main seat of the carriage that allowed him to control the horses. As he made his way up he turned his head and remembered that he almost forgot to tell them to come with him. "Throw on your disguises and lets get going team." He would get up to the main seat as he finished his sentence. He waited for the two shinobi to get on before mushing the horses out of Konoha.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Servant

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 am

Niku smiled at Tenzin's response, though it was really the only logical reason a genin would be assigned to a mission like this. Though to be fair, Niku's skills had grown considerably since she'd graduated from the Academy and she felt pretty confident in her ability to spar with a chuunin without being at too distinct of a disadvantage. Now that she was thinking about it, she really wanted to give it a try, but her thoughts were interrupted as another shinobi approached mentioning disguises. Niku looked back to Tenzin, just now realizing that he was dressed a little odd. A little smirk crossed her face as she turned back to the newcomer as he began an introduction.

Naoyukino, a Yamanaka, cool cool. He has a bird on his head... neat, I think. I haven't had much experience with Yamanaka since becoming a genin, she realized. She'd had a couple in her class at the Academy, but hadn't interacted with any since then. Hope he doesn't pull any of that crazy mind junk on me.

"I'm Inken Nikuya, but you can call me..." she paused, as if deciding what to say next. She'd opted to stay more professional, so far anyways... "Niku. Looking forward to this mission with you, Naoyukino, and Tenzin-Sensei. I'm excited to see both of my senpai in action." A smile crossed her face as she finished speaking.

That was when Tenzin handed her disguise to her. She held it away from her so that she could get a better look at it. It was kinda flashy, with an elegant green material and shiny golden thread. Even the buttons were a bright gold. It was as if the outfit was trying to advertise that whoever was wearing it had extra money to spend on just looking like you had money. Niku didn't like the outfit, but it was for a mission so she dropped her 'mission' satchel' and quickly threw the disguise on over her other clothes. She was a little worried about her swords, but she picked up her satchel, placing it over her shoulder once more.

She hopped on the carriage and then looked back to Naoyukino. It was then she realized that he was pretty cute, if you looked past his pale skin and the large bird that may be using Naoyukino's head as a restroom. He wasn't the muscle-bound physique type of guy, but he certainly had some charm to him. Fanho would be so jealous to see me now with these two eligible hotties, she mused as she rest her back against the seat, preparing herself for the ride.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:21 am

Dream team?... Naoyukino wasn't sure about that but it was certainly an intriguing team and he kind of hoped to learn a few things not only from Tenzin but the whole experience itself, perhaps getting a handle of working with genin whilst there wasn't too many of them around and learning how to be a good sensei as well as just working well in such a different kind of team in general.

With that thought out of the way the genin then properly introduced herself as Nikuyu, though pleaded the blond to simply call her Niku and so that is what he did.
"Pleased to meet you Niku" he replied in a rather polite manner, a happy smile spreading across his face "You can also just call me Nao or even I guess Ino if you wish, though I prefer Nao".
"You too Tenzin-san" he then added as he looked up at the disguised man, taking in his name from what the girl had been saying.
"Ah, and yes, this is Sayuri, she is very useful and I am sure she will also do her utmost in this mission alongside me" he further explained, reaching up to tickle the parrot.
"Squawk! Hello! Hello!" she then called out.
Then once the pleasantries where done the leader of the group handed out a pair of disguises to the other two for they had to appear like merchants in order to deceive the potential bandits and catch them out in a trap.

Nao gracefully took his disguise with a polite nod before kind of looking up and pointing to the sky.
"Sayuri, fly" he simply commanded, though the cheeky bird rebutted in her usual childish manner before following said comamnd.
"Sayrui, fly. Sayuri fly. Sqaauuwwk!" it was obviously in quite the mocking tone but the chuunin simply took in a deep breath and sighed before being a little bit more force.
"Now, now, we are going on a mission and you know what that means right? A mission?" he questioned fiercely
"Mission! Mission!" she replied in a more serious tone before flying up into the air.
"Good girl" the male finally dished out some praise before looking back down at the clothes he was given.
With a swift couple of movements the stylish, blue kimono that looked to be made almost literally from money was fitted across his own clothes but then he stood and paused for a moment as he looked at the hair ties, clips and such for a moment before finally pulling up his long, luscious hair and binding it in a Japanese topknot like style that suited that of a posh looking merchant.

Once he was in his disguise the Yamanaka followed the others and hopped on the couch, though there was still one little part left and thus as he sat he whipped out the intricately designed fan with golden plating and began to fan himself like someone who couldn't be bothered with heat, which was actually kind of fund pretending to be someone else and behaving in such a manner but before they left he had Sayuri land beside him and tried to make her appear like some kind of lavish merchant's pet though she would probably be back up in the air again before being ambushed by any bandits.

Texas

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:13 am

The day was still young, even after the introductions and change in clothing. Once everyone was done with their introductions and jumping up on the front seat of the carriage, Tenzin shook the reigns and signaled the brown and shining horses forward. With the gate open, they flew forward! As they passed the gate in their disguises it closed quickly behind them. The wind was not as strong, which gave a nice ride to the road ahead of them. During their travel they had some time to talk. This was important to the mission; it gave the team a moment to not only talk out the full plan, but to also mentally prepare for what lied ahead. It would take many hours and Tenzin was keen on using that time to capitalize on key points. He kept a watch forward as he spoke loud enough for only the two of the shinobi could hear him. "Just to recap, I am your guide. You two are the children of a rich mine owning family. We are heading to the village that was provided in your debrief to trade a 'large amount of gold' for medical supplies, liquor, and food." Tenzin was sure to give them the basics of their mission. He made a slight pause but then continued, due to them not knowing the rest of it. "As of last night, it was confirmed that our messenger bird did not make it to the land we were supposed to go to. This guarantees we will be ambushed near the trading route."

The carriage took a turn and headed out of regular main road to a back road. Within the back road were beautiful sights of nature. There was a river to their right, and mountains to their left. All of the filler in-between were luscious forests. As they made the turn, Tenzin knew he had more time to speak with them before they made it close to the main road. "This is going to be very difficult, perhaps our fourth member" Tenzin noted towards the bird, "could be key for this part. We are going to have to appear unaware of the situation. We cannot be looking around and alert, because that will give up our cover. So we will be looking forward and attempt to appear as oblivious." Tenzin put emphasis on this and the next thing he wanted to say. "Lastly, we are going to be forced to kill these bandits. It is important to aim for the neck to avoid ruining their clothes. Their clothes will be very important for the second phase. We will also need to keep one alive. By the end of this we need to have their clothing, information on their location and how to get into it." Tenzin hoped they understood and nodded as he spoke his last set of words. "If you have any questions or want to talk about anything before the mission, now is the time. Once we get to the main road we will have to stay fully in character and then fully into another character."
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Servant

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:56 am

"Alright, I'll call you Nao," Niku said, returning Nao's smile. She was then glad to be introduced to Sayuri, Nao's parrot. Seeing Nao and Sayuri interact made Niku wish she'd brought Akisu along. Of course, Akisu don't get along nearly that well, Niku mused to herself. Niku had been spending a lot of her time training herself and Akisu hadn't developed because of Niku's neglect. This guilt and the fear that Akisu wasn't ready was why Niku had left Akisu at home, she'd hate for something to happen to the caracal because Niku's neglect. Regardless, Niku couldn't help but giggle as Nao and Sayuri interacted.

As they horses began pulling, Niku let her eyes close as she tried to calm her nerves. She wasn't overly nervous, but nothing had happened yet so she just wanted to remain calm and be ready when the time came. As Tenzin began speaking to her and Nao, Niku opened her eyes, focusing them on Tenzin's face which was turned towards the back of the carriage just slightly. Niku tried not to focus too heavily on the pretty scenery, but on the words that Tenzin was saying. While she couldn't be sure what they were heading into, she had this feeling that Tenzin's words were a lifeline that if she refused to grasp on to now could be the last chance she gets at survival.

She couldn't help but mentally summarize as Tenzin spoke to them Don't be alert. Aim for the neck. Keep one alive. Seems doable, I think. When he finished and asked if there were any questions, nothing popped into Niku's head. Without a question to ask, she simply nodded no to Tenzin and Nao. She was equally excited, to get to test her skills in a real combat situation, and scared, because while she'd used her skills on people before, she'd never actually killed anyone. She was sure her training would allow her to overcome that hurdle, but in this time where she was left to simply ponder the ramifications of everything, it was having an effect.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by WrightJustice » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:52 am

Nao nodded toward Niku and then turned and listened as Tenzin went on to fully explain their plan and how they had to trick and confuse an ambush of bandits in order to change identities once again which all sounded pretty fun, though the Yamanaka wasn't the best physically so it was a little difficult for him to imagine just how he was gonna strike them in the neck in such a way as commanded.

Then again he quickly saw what their leader seemed to have planned for Sayuri as she could keep a lookout for them whilst they all tried to remain oblivious, which worked even better given the loss of a previous messenger bird but it was a little scary to think of such things for he did not wish to lose her in the same way.
"Sounds like a good plan, though perhaps it will be easier for me if I could get one of them to kill the other in my stead not that I wouldn't be up for trying of course, haha." he replied somewhat lightheartedly, trying to make a small joke out of his own limited physical capabilities.
"Well either way I suppose it will be a breeze getting all the info we need out of them with such skills" he then turned joke into something of an humblebrag as he made it clear where his strength lied in the end.
"So should I send sayuri into the sky as a lookout for us or perhaps use her in some other way? Though I suppose one of my favourites is out of the question for right now since I would go limp if I where to use her body myself" he then went on to ask, moving onto a bit of a ramble as he thought about his idea to jump into the parrot's body and scout the area himself.

Texas

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:40 am

As the carriage kept moving, the horses would neigh and breath heavy around the large mountains they would pass. Tenzin made sure to keep his eyes out while they were hiding behind the large wildlife; especially before they entered the long barren road where they would be ambushed. He hoped that they would understand that there isn't much cover or wildlife on the main road. Some of it had been cleared out making it almost an open clearing, making it very different than the standard roads of the Fire Country. Tenzin mushed the horses as they flew forward in their carriage. He wanted to address the comments or concerns they had right before getting to the main road. He looked at Nao, since he asked a question to Tenzin. He listened as the shinobi asked his questions. With careful consideration he addressed them in the best way he knew how. "Since your friend in the sky isn't carrying anything, these men will most likely assume it is a regular bird in the sky. Also, considering they are using the same tactic over and over again... it is safe to assume they aren't the brightest. As far as ninjutsu goes, we will not be using it until we can confirm that we have the last one alive. Once confronted, I will toss a few smoke bombs to hide ourselves within their numbers. That will be the signal to attack. I would like your friend, to scout the surrounding areas. I would hate for there to be someone that is separated from the group at the time."

Tenzin gave Zao another look and then moved himself forward to face the road that was coming up ahead of them. "You two have specific roles in this mission, you both are very talented in very different areas. Believe it or not, I am heavily relying on both of you. You both have key roles to each part of the mission that I simply could not do." After Tenzin's little pump up speach he gave Niku a small wink and a smile. 'Between Zao's family capability along with his pet, they are perfect for scouting and extracting information. Niku will be perfect when it comes time to ending the opponents as quickly as possible. This team can easily pull it off if we can work together. I hope they are prepared to be in character for a while and do what must be done to complete this mission'. Tenzin mushed the horses again and they began to come around the corner of the mountain. In front of them was a long road that went straight for a few miles. within the long road, the area around it was a large open field. There were forests to the right and left of the road, however they were 40m from the road itself. This left this stretch of road completely barren and wide open for anyone that passes by. This is a good thing and a bad thing. There is no cover, but it also means no one could necessarily hide behind anything.

Now it was time for all of them to get into character. With this being said, Tenzin hunched his back to make him look older than he was. He also made sure to lower his straw hat in compliments to the sun to make a shadow cover up his face from people looking at a distance. Tenzin, now since they were close to the road, puled the reins on the horses and had them walk to the main road. He had to give the illution they are traveling far distances. So to have the horses at a walking pace seemed reasonable.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Legacy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Meanwhile:
Somewhere in Fire country an old style wooden boat washes up to shore. Unfortunately, the Konoha guardsmen who were overseeing the seas were just about to change shifts and could not permit the lone passenger clearance to tread freely until after relief had arrived. For the time being it seemed that the Cloud Watcher would be delayed;
[/Center]

"Sorry for the inconvenience sir but I'm afraid I cannot permit you entry through to the rest of the country until relief arrives. We were just about to change out when you arrived." If nothing else pleased him about the circumstance that he found himself in, Gene took pride in knowing that even as far as the coastal regions Konoha Shinobi were not lax in handling procedure. Now if only Mamorinuku could establish check points and perform with the same efficiency, the Cloud watcher could rest easily. "It's not a problem," responded Gene calmly, "here this ought to make the transition smoother." Without another word the Cloud watcher handed over a Blue Adult fist sized scroll; the really sensitive information such as what he'd learned and so forth were naturally kept obscure but general details were not hard to discover. Something the Sea guard quickly learned as he nodded his head slowly before rolling the scroll back up and handing it over to Gene. "I can't imagine what you must have had to go through out there. Nice to see one of our own come back safely, if you could wait here for just a moment."

After a brief exchange the Shore Guard went up to a watch tower where Gene assumed that his relief would take command of the situation and proceedings. All in all, it was a very long and drab affair. When the man returned however, to Gene's surprise he'd have a scroll in his hand...another Blue one. "Mitsurugi-san, we've been waiting to give this to you upon your return. New orders from up top. I don't know what they need you to do but today just isn't your lucky day," the man was smiling now. Gene of course, didn't share the sentiment and took the scroll with a grain of salt. "You've gotta be kidding me..." Spoke the Silver-haired Jounin after reading the contents of the scroll; Konoha's bandit problem should have improved with Takeo assuming the mantle as Hokage and the combined efforts of Mamorinuku, ANBU and the standard military force and yet that wasn't the case. Leaving the boat where it was, Gene took only the supplies he could carry within a backpack and raced at top speed toward Fire country's main trade route in the central region.

He didn't know what would be waiting for him when he got there but if his orders were anything to go by there would be hell to pay for some unruly Bandits cutting into his relaxation time.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 am

Niku listened as Nao asked a question about the best way to utilize Sayuri. She realized how useful their team could be in scouting just by the various methods that Nao suggested. As the lowest ranking shinobi on the team, she knew it wasn't her decision so she looked to Tenzin to answer his questions. She then listened to his answers, trying to focus on his words rather than her own nervousness which was slowly creeping up as they moved along.

She looked around one last time before Tenzin took his new posture. This was definitely not one of the teacher poses that Niku had seen him take previously. The horses began to slow as well and Niku realized that it was really go time. Ok, time to get in character, she mused. Bored and oblivious. She sat up straight, as she imagined prim and proper spoiled brats had been trained to do since birth. She even arched her back just a touch, as if showing off the breasts she hadn't yet developed. She allowed her head to tip backwards a touch, as if she were staring off into the sky. She looked at the clouds, trying to focus on her ears as a means of being alert, rather than her eyes. She started to feel that nervousness, characteristic flutters in her abdomen.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 am

Nao listened and nodded along to what Tenzin had to say which all made sense, as such he pulled all the information together in his mind and briefly envisioned how things would occur before giving one final and affirmative nod toward the dreadfully dressed captain.

Texas

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:36 am

The mission was clear. At this point the sun was up, bright, and shining. There were little to no clouds and what lay ahead of them was an open dirt road with grass clearing all around it. Not many trees to use for cover and large mountains around them to hide the route as a whole. This area was definitely the place where the bandits were causing issues. In an odd way it was perfect, no cover gave assurance to the transporter that there was going to be no surprises... but the mountain cover gave the whole strip of road a blind spot from any other bend/turn that would be near the entrance or exit of the road. This made the strip of dirt path a potentially dangerous route.

With little time after their conversation, the carriage turned the bend and was moving forward. A few minutes after turning the bend the three shinobi would find themselves on this straight route. Due to appearing like far distance travelers with even farther to go, Tenzin kept the horses at a walking pace. He had hoped that their appearance gave the illusion that they were not just traders, but a little bit richer. With their traveling Tenzin simply looked forward and kept his main focus on the road ahead.

Tenzin made sure not to look up at the bird that was scouting for them. It was imperative that everyone on the "dream team" was fully in character and stayed focused on not staying focused. It would be more challenging than Tenzin realized, considering they all have been trained to always pay close attention to their surroundings and to pay attention to details. While Tenzin was lost in thought, he saw something that attracted his attention. It was half a mile up and he noticed a group of people blocking the road. He couldn't necesarily tell what they were wearing, but he could just see figures standing. 'This must be them', he thought, as he continued his path forward.

Tenzin knew that both of his teammates knew the deal of what was about to happen. It was important to find out if these people were really the bandits. He would hate to slaughter a group of people for no reason. It took some time to get to them, but the people waiting did not waiver from their position. It took some time to finally get to them, but when they did the people stopped the carriage completely. They were all wearing the same uniform; they were wearing (what looked like) black baggy pants and a shirt, with a black hood on the top. However, what was interesting was that they were all wearing masks. Each mask was slightly different. The base of the mask was white, but it seemed that each person designed their masks differently. This was going to be difficult if they established themselves as individuals instead of a collective anonymous group.

Upon being stopped, one of the bigger members stepped forward and spoke in a deep voice: "Welcome! We love to see travelers take our road when going on a trip. We guard this road to make sure there's no trouble that comes to this area. If you don't mind stating who you are, where you plan to go, and what cargo you are carrying, then you can be on your way." It was weird to hear almost a smile in his voice as he spoke, but then again because of the mask Tenzin couldn't really tell what was going on behind that mask. 'Hmmm I wonder what he meant by "Our road", this road is a public road meant to just be a traveling road... who are these guys?' Tenzin spoke up and responded to the man standing near the horses. "My name is Rotu and we come from a small mining village just south of here. We are delivering currency to a blacksmith village for armor and building materials." Tenzin said to the man in a soft tone. He looked at the man in the mask, but made sure to tilt the hat slightly down to cover some of his face. The man turned to Niku, then Nao, and then made his final turn back to Tenzin. "Okay, but who are these two next to you then?" Tenzin decided to let Nao and Niku answer that, so without hesitation he leaned back a slight bit hoping to indicate that they should speak up.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Legacy

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Legacy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:40 am

Bounding up and over a steep ledge Gene moved as quickly and silently as his schooling in the arts would allow. Admittedly, his pace would have been a lot quicker had he known exactly where he would be meeting with the dispatched group of Konoha Shinobi. Unlike tracking commoners and nobles who cared not for concealing the nature of their movements, Shinobi were known to employ tactics of misdirection and often deliberately generate a "false trail" so as to throw off any pursuers or unsavory types looking to impede upon their mission. For all Gene knew he could have been headed in the wrong direction entirely and with his latest orders having been given in such a cryptic manner(to the credit of the higher ups) he had no way beyond scarce details to confirm that his objective was even within feasible distance. On the other hand, Gene knew that if he encountered any unsavory types that he were to dispose of them promptly and rid the evidence immediately so as to not frighten other travelers unaccustomed to the ways of the order - a fact that did nothing for the Jounin's worsening mood.

The last thing he wanted or needed was to be confronted by a commoner too curious for their own good. Gene especially hated these types as they tended not to be of any real help in times of grave importance and felt no qualms about pointing an accusatory finger despite having less than even half the fact; no, his weary brain could take no more meddling as the voyage to and from Waterfall country had all but sapped any bit of propriety from the young man's body. For the past two or three months he'd lived off the land which, considering the extremely toxic environment of the region had been no easy feat. Then there were the people who in stark contrast to what he'd known in the land of fire, were a gloomy bunch full of open skepticism and contempt; without first having been given time to at least regain his bearings and adjust to the life back in his home continent, Gene could not promise that the questioning nature of a civilian or roving Samurai wouldn't be met with stiff resistance. It was for this reason that even as he continued to search for some kind of trail that would lead him around to the trade route, that he'd been careful not to take known routes where traffic was heavy and the opportunity to run into trouble before it'd been necessary was high.

It hadn't taken the young man long to completely clear the shore line and come to what he believed to be Haru falls, the sound of low singing water flowing constantly had met his ears, somehow calming his nerves albeit not prompting a drop in his guard on any account. Gene realized that while he may have been in the region of his homeland, the fact that he now navigated lands centered between rival or potentially hostile lands who's ninja and military overall would have quicker cut him down than the skeptics of Waterfall country was not lost on him. Besides, to lose focus went against the rules and that was just something he could not do in good conscious. Slipping nimbly up into the sanctuary and higher elevation of the trees, Gene's speed significantly increased as he bound from one branch to the other - careful to avoid those that looked unable to bear the brunt of his weight. Not so long after he worked up a steady pace however, the man stopped dead in his tracks. Perched still as an Eagle stalking its dinner or an Owl suddenly made alert of some new and disturbing change to the surroundings around it.

Glaring down below he saw it. A carriage halted by what appeared to be oddly dressed men or women, from so high up he couldn't actually tell but Gene was sure that no such check point existed in this particular region of the country. If it had, there would have been an outpost where documents could be verified and likely some sort of messenger animal or sensory type with which to both receive missives and maintain proper surveillance but.... before this odd bunch Gene saw none. Suddenly, he was overcome with a tugging feeling in his gut but dared not act upon it out of fear of jumping to the wrong conclusion. Silently and skillfully reaching into his pack to retrieve the Range finder contact lens, Gene fitted it to his left eye's pupil and adjusted the range to twenty meters. Since when do the check point officials don masks and strange robes? They aren't operatives I'm sure of it but...who are they? The tugging feeling in Gene's gut worsened, somehow he felt as though whoever had been in the Wagon were unaware of the potential implications that came with being stopped so far away from aid. Konoha had been at least half a dozen miles away and to Gene's knowledge, no patrols extended this far out without some sort of special reason - reasons that not even he knew of at the moment. He'd been gone for several months and had not kept up with the affairs of the village save to give reports on his own assignment, a fact that he now regretted realizing how out of touch he actually was.

Averting his scrutiny away from the masked strangers, Gene shifted instead to the upper regions of a tree where he'd caught the glint of steel flickering out of place in the greenery. Immediately his eyes narrowed as he recognized the source. In a perfect battle formation not one but DOZENS of men lined the outer perimeter of the forest tree line and all had crossbows trained to the lone Carriage. Gene wanted to act but the masked men below had confused him as he hadn't wanted to believe that they were of the true order but dared not make the amateur mistake of making a brash decision and potentially ruining an operation. No, instead he created a Shadow clone and sent it to investigate further; flanking the Crossbow line to their rear, getting as close to them as possible to observe from both near and afar.

To the credit of one of the Crossbow baring assailants, he seemed to have felt Gene's piercing eyes upon him and began to shift nervously turning left and right to check his surroundings. Of course, he'd find nothing but open air and flowing leaves as Gene's shadow clone took to so brazenly hiding right above the man's form, poised with a kunai knife to strike at the crown of his skull if need be. Had the man truly been in tune with his instincts he may have noticed the Cloud hovering over him with what traces of killing intent seeped from Gene's shadow clone. Clearly, the man felt the overbearing presence because he kept checking his left and right flanks but without being able to sight the cause of his concern, could not rally whole heartedly behind the feelings his body signaled to him.

Meanwhile, Gene had but one thought: Amateur.

Down below, one of the masked men struggled to keep himself from reaching for the pommel of his sword. "C'mon!" He thought impatiently, "Just give the order so I can gut this one through already." Unlike the man speaking, this man in particular thought that things were taking far too long. All that it would take was for a passing Samurai squadron to happen upon the scene and all their efforts would have been for naught! No, before that could happen he would run those suckers in the wagon through, make off with the goods and be gone before any were the wiser. Except one small problem...the current "head" decided to test out his acting skills and insisted that everyone else wait until he finished. Shifting his eyes to the sky in annoyance, the man made out what he thought was a bird but...it hadn't looked like anything that he'd seen in recent memory around these parts. ...Huh...never seen that one before. Must be getting cold out." He thought ignorantly, not knowing that the bird was actually keeping a watchful eye on the group from above.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Re: [PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 am

Niku wondered just how long they'd have to keep up the charade. While the posture was certainly slightly uncomfortable, the more difficult matter of this mission, so far, was the mental aspect: staying in character, keeping the posture, trying to appear oblivious while actually being alert. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled, stay spoiled, she kept reminding herself as the carriage slowly made its way down the road. She focused on keeping her eyes on the clouds in front of her, as it kept her from instinctively looking around. She wasn't sure how long she'd have to maintain this character, but she knew someone could be watching at all times and one little slip could give them away. Niku just kept focusing on the clouds, her posture, and listening for anything out of the ordinary, perhaps Sayuri's warning.

Surprisingly, it didn't take too long before someone appeared in the road before them. As the carriage slowed to a stop, Niku was tempted to leap to battle, drawing swords and slicing people into pieces, but she quickly realized that Tenzin wasn't doing that. Maybe these are the wrong guys... she mused, keeping her line of sight above the robed people in front of them. She hoped that her aloofness would portray her character as pretentious. She listened as Tenzin answered the robed individual who was acting as the group's leader. She wondered if that'd be enough for them to move aside. Of course, if they are the bandits, they won't step aside for anything we say.

The leader looked to Niku and Nao, she could feel him looking to her before turning to the other disguised shinobi. She couldn't help but wonder how much of a challenge the leader would be if they were to spar, but of course, this isn't the time for such thoughts. Niku was a little surprised as Tenzin leaned back, indicating that Niku should 'introduce' herself. Niku finally turned her head from the clouds that she'd been staring at to look at the robed man's mask. "I'm sorry," Niku said in a sickly sweet tone; "... but I didn't catch your names." She hoped the high-and-mighty demeanor would help to sell her character. If they are true do-gooders just protecting the route, they'll surely give their names but if they are the bandits, maybe this will provoke their true nature.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Sayuri continued to fly overhead as lookout though it would difficult for her to signal the group in any normal means without breaking their cover that much was very clear to her, as such she maintained her distance and appeared to possibly be looking to fly into the trees or like she may be looking for food or some other such.

However the young parrot became rather agitated as she took in the surrounding area below her for not only was there a group on the road ahead, the young girl also picked up some activity in the nearby greenery though she wasn't fully sure what it could mean until some white scarfed individual went in for the attack.

Whilst all that was going down the wagon came to a stop and the masked group began acting as inspectors of some sort; interrogating the group and demanding to know who they all where in the guise that they where maintaining the safety of the road.
As this went on Naoyukino maintained his own guise and continued to fan himself like some uppity, annoyed merchant up until the bandits requested their names wherein he folded his fan in a huff and tapped it down on his knee.
"My, my, what have we here? What is this troublesome lot after? Is this one of those damned toll roads? How bothersome, I truly wished we could make haste with our delicate belongings" he moaned and rambled after Niku spoke, truly appearing to be an annoyed merchant simply wishing to be on his way.

During this confrontation of sorts Sayuri finally swooped down somewhat past the masked group, curving round behind them and totally out of their view but within the shinobi's view as she fluttered amongst the trees and disappearing within them not unlike any other ordinary bird
After a moment a just as ordinary bird call could be twittering away and another that sounded like the usual reply of every day birds, though to Nao it was a signal clouded in mimicry thanks to the young parrot's gifts and a rather alarming one at that.
"Truly I do detest these sort of situations" the chunnin sort of mumbled, trying to keep up his annoyance whilst letting Niku's question hang in the air and also choosing words that deliberately had a double meaning in this situation.

Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Tenzin was pleasantly surprised by the reactions of both shinobi. They were playing into their characters perfectly. For who they were acting like, they would never just give out their names. They would assume everyone knows how they are anyways. Tenzin hid his smirk as he started to look at the man who tilted his head at Nao's statement of "delicate belongings". Thanks to that slight moment of intrigue, it was 100% confirmed that they were the bandits that they were sent to investigate and stop. Before Tenzin could even make a movement the man spoke up in his deep voice. "Well we want to make sure you guys are who you say you are... so we have to check the cargo. There has been too many times people have tried to smuggle in illegal objects throughout the land." After his statement everyone that was behind him started to move forward. There were six people behind him dressed in the same way, making a total of seven people in the area in front of them. Tenzin had a suspicion there were more of them, but he couldn't just react in the wide open.

As the other bandits started making their slow movements forward, the deep voiced man spoke to them again. "For safety reasons, I am going to have to ask you guys to step out of the carriage." Tenzin looked at the two and gave a nod. He had hoped that the nod was enough to let them know that it was time to make moves. He smiled at the merchant, trying to echo his empty kindness. "Alright guys, lets do what the nice man says." Tenzin jumped on the ground, hoping that the other two would follow.

This was the most crucial part of their mission. If Tenzin's suspicion was correct, there would be enemies in the trees. If they were there, they would have ranged weapons to take them out once they all were open for even a split second. Tenzin purposely got down and near the larger man to use him as a shield in some way, in case that this was the situation. At that point Tenzin was facing the man with the carriage to his left. As the two would hopefully get down near him Tenzin would initiate the strike. "Here let me get the paperwork for you so you can see its authentic." As Tenzin reached into his back pocket with both hands, he took out four of his smoke bomb and hid them under the poncho and moved them forward. He did this so that the last possible second he could throw them and cause blindness for any attempt to hurt them at long range. "I appreciate the Cooper--" Before the man could finish his sentence, Tenzin quickly threw the smoke bombs around the area. He was able to cover the carriage, the bandits, and the three shinobi making it impossible to see anything through the giant smoke cloud on the ground. It only took a few seconds for Tenzin to take off his mini staff and unhitch the middle part. With slight confusion, the stunned man in front of him would feel a cut in his throat and fall to the ground bleeding. This left plenty of time for his allies to take action!

At that moment it would up to the shinobi how they decided to take down the enemies. The six foot soldiers behind the big ones would be in shock for a few seconds, leaving their position noticeable to a shinobi. For the immediate danger in front of them, it would rather easy to take them down... however how will they take down the enemies in the trees? Will they get shot at? Will there be something unpredictable that would happen they didn't expect?
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:13 am

Gene's Shadow clone, along with the crossbowmen were watching the situation unfold below. Specifically, Gene had been paying close attention to the three masked guards who had not approached the caravan with their superior. Instead, the seemed to be watching intently as if waiting for something but what exactly they'd been waiting for Gene could not say for sure. Tearing his attention from the scene below Gene overheard a brief but concerning exchange between two of the Crossbowmen, judging from their tone Gene reasoned that they were much older beyond the mask.

"Something about this just doesn't feel quite right," whispered one of the men, his tone low and raspy yet hardly audible thanks to the mask drowning out his sound. Still, the other masked man seemed to have no problem responding. "I agree. This is taking far longer than usual and from what I've gathered, that one there seems like he's stalling for something doesn't he?" It was a wild speculation that Gene hadn't considered but the fact that one of the men observing had considered it worried him. However, it was what the man who had spoke first said afterward that froze Gene's heart over. "Doesn't matter how long they stall, we have our orders and I suggest you stay quiet and focus on blazing that carriage or else you'll be a turned into a Shish-kebob along with 'em." After the exchange there had been no more dialogue between the two men but Gene couldn't shake the feeling that things were about to go from bad to worse. Orders...what orders? Fortunately, he hadn't been exposed yet despite being dangerously close to the two men - for now, even though he wanted to intervene, Gene realized that he could not make any hasty actions without discerning the entire truth of the matter.

Earlier that evening A cold wind struck Tze'zar's face but was soon replaced by a warmer one, had he not been seething with silent fury at the time he might have even remarked upon unpleasantness of such a wafting sensation but his eyes were transfixed to the falling and rising tides and his mind a million miles away. One wouldn't have believed that at twenty-two years old that this skinny, stubble faced young man was the merciless leader of the Red Serpents guild and yet... he was. With sun kissed skin and midnight black hair that flowed like waves wildly down his skull and garbs that could have been purchased with a commoners salary at best, Tze'zar looked nothing like a man who had burned down villages, executed whole families in the dead of night, robbed and pillaged entire towns in addition to stamping out any rival guild so bold enough to oppose his order - and yet again, he was.

Born in the Northern wastes, Tze'zar's upbringing was unbelievably harsh and many of his family (to include himself) adapted a survival of the fittest mentality where failure was absolutely unacceptable. To fail in his culture, was to die a thousand deaths in both shame and quite literally. No one who brought dishonor to the tribe had been allowed to live and in many ways this ridiculously strict lifestyle groomed him for what adult life would really be like; high stakes, all or nothing. In Tze'zar's world there had been absolutely no room for compromise and even the slightest error would often be met with the stiffest possible punishment. In fact, one of the "coming of age" rituals that his particular tribe took part in when a boy reached his sixteenth birthday was that the boy be taken to Fossil country with nothing but the clothes on his back and left to fend for himself with only his training to aid him and a will to survive as his guide. In the year that Tze'zar took his passing rite ritual there'd been seven other boys who'd also took their passing rites alongside him, one after another every last one of them died: Poisoned. Mauled to death. Eaten. Frozen in their sleep. A casualty of an incredibly high fall from an icy cliff. Murdered.

In the end, only Tze'zar would come back alive after spending years away from his family. When he'd returned, his heart had frozen over and in his glossy Grey eyes death reflected back at whomever so caught his gaze but at his core...Tze'zar remained as he always was, a kind and loving soul with a vast wealth of knowledge and tools at his disposal. One of those tools in particular was his uncanny knack for survival under any circumstance. Having battled with Man, beast and mother Earth he believed that life to a human was precious and in order to protect that life one needed to be prepared at any and all times for the worst possible scenario as it was when one was not prepared that failure and death would strike. Failure... like the kind his friend, Balazar, would bring uninvited to his doorstep some time later.

Tze'zar spun around at the sound of approaching footsteps, his coal black Scimitar gripped firmly in his left hand and poised to deliver a swift stab or parry to whomever his assailants might be. Though at the sight of his friend Balazar his grip immediately loosened though neither the weapon or his gaze relinquished their intent - he wanted Balazar to know how dangerously close he’d come to being gutted. Balazar must’ve realized his error and immediately apologized. ”My apologies Master Tze'zar, I should have used the calling signal earlier but it was urgent. Please forgive me.” For a moment Tze'zar simply looked at Balazar as if contemplating whether or not to run him through and then finally, smiled and said ”Oh...Balazar...I could not gut my closest friend! Come, come! What news do you have for me?” Balazar’s expression lightened and then stiffened again. He knew that Tse’zar would not be pleased hearing about how his inability to kill someone on a big score had led to the involvement of Shinobi in Red Serpent affairs - in fact, had it not been for the Rat he’d strategically maneuvered into the Daimyo’s quarters the Red Serpent could have been besieged without their knowing...perhaps they already were. Nevertheless he needed to be careful with what he said now and yet, could not stave off revealing what he had done to his friend and Guild master any longer...so he told him, told Tze’zar everything and was halted with a swift raise of the hand when he’d gone into detail about their latest plans to intercept another caravan.

Tze’zar did not speak immediately for he had been reminded of the time he’d spent in the Northern wastes. Somehow, this felt eerily similar in that one man’s folly could have large scale implications on the rest. Balazar had failed him and in his failure, exposed an operation before it could be of any use to anyone. Tze’zar had always told Balazar specifically about how he did not hold any ambitions involving the continuing of criminal acts and that he would one day use all of the accumulated wealth to start anew and build a place where those of Shard country and even those in less than stellar environments could come and flourish...now, all of that was in grave jeopardy. Tze’zar had heard the stories about Shinobi since there was practically no place on the planet one could go without hearing something about at least one of the great ninja nations; some claiming to have seen humans shooting fire or causing tidal waves, others talking of phantoms and shadows and ghost like apparitions. While he did not believe in anything being more terrifying than the Wild of the Northern Wastes, he also did not take what he had heard lightly. Admittedly, he wanted to send Balazar’s head rolling into the waves and the only reason that he hadn’t yet was because of what Balazar mentioned about placing a Rat in the Daimyo quarters. That was something that Tze’zar could not have done on his own through ruling of might and fear, requiring a more finesse style approach which impressed Tze’zar - it also solidified Balazar a place on a list of people to watch in Tze’zar’s eyes. No one with that amount of pull could be allowed to live for long less they start getting too bold and underhanded to contain and already, Balazar’s recent failure to one in Tze’zar’s position, looked like a deliberate attempt to sabotage his efforts. For a moment he wondered, had he underestimated the one he called “friend”?

Despite still being angry with Balazar Tze’zar’s head was calm enough now to where he could begin properly dealing with the situation at hand. Naturally, the Red Serpent could not stop their only major source of income currently but in light of recent developments there would need to be a drastic change in how things got done. For starters, it was time to abandon the checkpoint rouse and assume a new disguise but Tze’zar knew that to do so suddenly would only have the opposite effect on his agenda which meant...someone would have to be sacrificed. A light suddenly flicked on in Tze’zar’s head and a ominous gleam glossed his eyes. ”Balazar...my closest, dearest friend! Do not worry yourself with politics, I will take care of this matter immediately and the Red Serpent will thrive ever more.” His words were like honey to Balazar and Tze’zar knew it. Such was the way of anyone constantly living in the shadow and fear of death, any soothing sequence of words would calm their troubled heart but...had they actually reflected upon the severity of their actions rather than fish for reassurance then they’d know all too well that words meant very little in the real world. When Balazar smiled and asked what to do Tze’zar told him simply - to do what he’d always done.

The foolish man would never know that Tze’zar had just condemned him and those who so foolishly followed Balazar to die a bitter death for a cause they never were ready to uphold.

Present… Balazar wasn’t sure if whether or not there’d been a calvary stampeding in his chest or the drumming of a marching band. Despite maintaining what little propriety he had learned for the sake of appearances even he couldn’t deny the oddity in Rotu’s behavior, most travelers would have been reluctant to step out of their carriage and would have opted instead to simply present their paperwork from the comfort and safety of their seats in addition to stating where they were going and where they’d come from AFTER confirming the validity of the patrol guard - proof that he and his men were ready to give in the form of falsified documentation but no, the man never asked. Instead, he simply agreed and stepped out. To himself and to the six men standing several yards behind him, this was...strange and the implications were not missed by any of the masked bodies. Without even realizing it, Tenzin had made a grave error that those far more experienced in their trade of thievery had noticed immediately. All six of the masked men stopped suddenly and moved no further and spoke no words. It would fall on Tenzin picking up on cues that would not so easily reveal themselves to him to deduce the nature of what was going on around him.

Unfortunately, in his haste Tenzin would ultimately throw away the opportunity by springing into action and confirming for all six of the masked ground units as well as the still to be determined number of onlooking Crossbowmen that they were not in fact traveling nobles, but Shinobi sent with the express purpose of intervening in an operation well beyond their scope. No sooner did the smoke cloud swath out in fury, did Balazar, the man who Tenzin had all but secured a place in the after life moments before, suffer a barbed bolt through the throat that struck with such raw ferocity that the man’s skull, already hanging on by a thread, was ripped violently off his shoulders altering the trajectory of what would have surely been a death strike to Tenzin and sent the arrow instead veering for the man’s right shoulder with enough force remaining to lodge itself deep into the young boy’s meaty flesh and protrude just millimeters from exiting out the back of his skin had it managed to impact. However, this Arrow was but one of perhaps multiple sets of fifty...or more. From above rained sequenced chaos, not the kind one would have expected of mere bandits taught only to rob and kill, but of a well trained & well disciplined Archery line.

When one sequence of arrows would stop, another took their place leaving almost no reprieve between the waves. Gene had managed to take down three of the four Crossbowmen that he could identify but Tenzin’s smoke had begun filtering up the small cliffside and beyond the forest tree line; frankly, he had never seen anything this calculated before he could not help but be both sickened and inspired by it. There’d been no time to entertain the thought of taking them all down before they could completely tear the carriage to shreds with arrows - the best he could hope to accomplish now was to protect whoever was inside in hopes that they were even still alive, so he did. What Gene didn’t know was that there’d been a secondary group of eyes present merely to observe the events taking place and his involvement as well as the Crossbow attack and the disguised travelers below would all be reported on before the last unit of Crossbowmen fired the arrows from their springs and retreated from their position.

Gene launched himself down to the carriage below through the smoke and landed with a thud near the two dead horses. Unable to spare time to grieve he immediately blitzed into forming seals and molded his Chakra. A short moment later, the sound of arrows pelting against a hard surface could be heard and many suspended themselves in air but once the smoke cleared every pair of eyes could have vouched that there was nothing actually there...or so it appeared. Gene had went against his first mind not to get involved in order to try and save the lives of those who were in the carriage as well as the unknown person who seemed to have kicked off all of this mess. However, his efforts were not without cost. Three Barbed arrows managed to get through before his barrier could fully erect and as a result Gene took one Arrow in his right thigh, another in his left arm and one more in his lower left leg, none of which he’d felt due to the adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Finally...silence. Without a doubt the group responsible had gotten away but for the time being, Gene wasn’t concerned with them. He’d heard their footsteps drifting further and further away despite the falling arrows which to him meant that they were more prepared for this scenario that he initially wanted to believe. Still, he didn’t feel comfortable enough to release the barrier just yet and wanted to capitalize on his adrenaline while he could - the wounds sustained were serious but nothing he couldn’t mend if given the opportunity. Fortunately the arrows clogged the injuries and prevented him from bleeding but if left them there...he’d surely get some kind of infection. First thing was first though, ”If any occupant of this carriage is still breathing, stay right where you are. I don’t know if the threat has fled this area or if there are others lurking for a second attack.” Gene’s tone was low but loud enough for those present within four or so feet from him to hear clearly, he didn’t want to ruin the opportunity that had just been created from the chaos. Right about now the people responsible were almost certainly long gone and satisfied with their “kill”, Gene wanted them to keep believing that.

Meanwhile, his Shadow clone had just secured a crucial piece of this puzzle. One of the Crossbowmen in retreat would suddenly turn up “missing” from his comrades after going to relieve himself only to be replaced some time later with the group being none the wiser to the swap. As to the true Crossbowman that had gone missing, his beaten but alive body would come rolling down the side of the cliff - both of his legs broken in the fall but otherwise he remained unharmed. At the sight of his bones sticking out of his leg however, the man passed out from shock. “Oi, it’s fine. They’re gone. You might want to keep an eye on that guy till he wakes up, could be useful.” And with that, one of two Shadow clones dispersed.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Post by Servant » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Niku was about to get out of the carriage when she noticed all of the other six men stop. They'd started to move forward as if they were going to search the carriage for contraband, but then stopped a moment later. It struck Niku as odd and caused her to hesitate. In the next moment, Tenzin attacked the one closest to him and arrows and smoke began covering the area. With no better idea, Niku jumped back into the carriage, pushing Nao back inside as well. She curled into a ball, mostly out of instinct, in an attempt to avoid the devastating arrows that made the carriage resemble Swiss cheese.

After a moment of prayer as arrows whizzed by her on all sides, Niku sat up, realizing that no more arrows were hitting the carriage, but she could still hear them outside. She then heard a voice telling her to remain in the carriage. "Who is that?" she asked Nao, not being able to place the voice on her own. It's not Tenzin, she noted to herself.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Naoyukino tried to maintain his facade for as long as possible as the team started to move into their plan, though he did not like the situation for something started to seem wrong especially after seeing Sayuri try and signal them but nonetheless he kept up his guise and moved with Tenzin and Niku.

First the Yamanaka carefully watched his leader get up and pretend to search for nonexistent papers as the people on the road moved closer, then he was just about ready to hop out of the carriage to execute the plan as their faux driver killed one of the men but as he began to get out he felt the movements of the young genin he was with pulling him back in and pushing him down.

Unaware to what was truly happening the Chuunin couldn't help but remain motionless as he heard the slew of arrows shred into the coach and even the maddening neighs of the horses as they died; a completely terrifying and unexpected experience that was only calmed by the voice of a just as unexpected male.
"Gene?" Nao blurted in hushed tones all surprised, though he didn't exactly know somewhat renowned ninja himself he had bumped into him at least one night and remembered how he spoke.
Not wanting to cause any difficulties the Yamanaka simply stayed put for now as the Special Jounin commanded, for he trusted his skill and had no idea what was happening right this moment so could not judge if it was safe to come out.

After a good moment the male mentioned the threat was gone and that it was safe and so the blond dreamer finally raised his head and looked around, noticing that it really was Mitsurugi Gene that had came to their aid though still unawares to what exactly had happened.
"W-what are you doing here? W-what happened?" the teen asked all puzzled and inquisitively, concerned about the situation of their mission as he pulled off his disguise.
A squawk could then be heard overhead as Sayuri also flew out from the trees and came back to the near decimated carriage, taking in the gruesome scene of dead horses and whatever happened to the pair of higher ranking shinobi.

Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 pm

"Gahhh" Tenzin muffled as an arrow went right through his arm.  Without Tenzin realizing it, all of the arrows, the smoke, and mysterious man appearing.... it all happened within a blink of an eye.  Within that blink Tenzin looked around at the dead horses, the destroyed carriage, but was more than shocked to see a colleague of his: Gene.  Tenzin was in a somewhat hunched position holding his arm that was hit with an arrow.  However, at the sight of Gene he lifted his body up and stood straight.  Tenzin looked at the dead man on the ground and was simply baffled.  How... How could they be so organized and prepared?  This mission was not nearly as simple as they had thought.  This group was organized, prepared, and trained.  Nothing like any organization Tenzin had ever even heard of or seen.  He followed up with Gene the second he said that there could be more and relayed a message to his team.  "Are you guys alright?" He asked hoping that he would get two responses.  If/when they responded, Tenzin would have started to develop a plan.  "Nao, try to communicate with Sayuri and have him scout the area for stragglers and look to see if there is either a second wave coming or if he can get an idea on the direction they ran off too.  Do not let him go too far, I do not want anyone else to get hurt or killed at this moment."  

Tenzin was a thrown off by the events that had just occurred.  He shook his head to regain his thoughts.  Something was wrong with this mission on many levels.  First off, why were they so organized.. how were they capable of doing what they did.  However, these questions would have to come later.  Especially since Konoha already knew about this.. hence why they sent Gene here.  Thankfully he was here to bail Tenzin out of dying.  Without him they could of most likely been killed right on the spot.

The arrow had to be dealt with.  He moved himself to the body that was killed.  He removed the mask and took off the cult-looking clothing of the man.  He moved him to the inside of the carriage by dragging him there leaving a trail of blood.  Tenzin made sure to take this weird green colored orb and place it into the pocket of the clothes he had just taken.  He knew he fucked up, but there was no time to feel bad for himself.  Tenzin took off his headband with his right arm and held it with his armpit.  He ripped some of his shirt and also held that with the same armpit.  He then moved his way to the arrow and pushed it through the other side.  It was incredibly painful, but if he pulled it backwards he could of caused himself more harm.  Upon doing this within seconds, he quickly wrapped the clothing around his wound and then proceeded to do the same thing with his forehead protector.  This intention was to stop and/or slow down the bleeding for the time being until they got cover.  Once he finished, he took the clothing and threw it around his bad shoulder since it was light.  He tied the mask to his hip and was ready to go from that point.

Tenzin heard a thud and turned to the noise, thinking it was someone getting the drop on someone.  Someone got the drop on them, but literally dropped from a cliff and broke their legs along with being knocked out...  Tenzin saw this as an opportunity.  Given the situation, it was clear that they had to get moving.  "Guys we have to get moving and get cover.  Gene are you okay to run?" He asked Gene, who was simply a professional.  He knew that the small talk would have to wait and the mission at hand and Tenzin's poor choices put them in a dangerous situation.  "We have to use this short amount of time to gather ourselves, get quick intel.  We are close enough to run to the woods near the top of the mountain from where that man fell.  Lets go there, set up a perimeter and gain as much intel as quickly as possible." Tenzin spoke so that Gene and the other two could hear him.  Without hesitation, Tenzin moved his way towards the man with the broken legs on the ground.  Since he was knocked out, he threw the man over his good shoulder.  He was lighter than he thought, could of been his age or even his malnutritioned body from eating itself.  Regardless, Tenzin took the man and lead the way to the woods on the opposite side of the road from where they were attacked from.  Time was of the essence.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Only once he'd been completely sure that there were no immediate threats to the safety of both the occupants within the carriage who he had not seen, Tenzin and lastly, himself. Did Gene begin working on all of the problems that needed to be dealt with before any progress could be made toward anything else. Specifically, the livelihood of his comrades in arms. He'd heard the voice of a familiar forcing its way beyond the carriage folds and would have responded if not for Tenzin barking orders behind him - apparently, he'd been the leader for what ever assignment that the group had been on and as expected, his job didn't actually end when things quieted down. However, when Gene turned to face him his expression grew stern. Something about how the instructor had been behaving made him weary, he couldn't place it but the young man in front of him wasn't of the same spirits as the Hatake that Gene had known. With...other matters to attend to Gene placed the thought in the back of his mind for the time being and walked over to the carriage where he could hold the flap open for those inside to exit freely. Granted... with the Horses dead and the thing in tatters and ruins he imagined that they wouldn't WANT to stay inside anyway.

"Oh, is that you Nao? How long has it been now? Two years? Not exactly the friendly reunion party is it?" There was an noticeable tinge of humor behind Gene's tone and the closed mouth smile served to completely offset such a tense situation; the last time he had crossed Naoyukino's path had been during a training exercise in a region of Konoha's forest areas, though he couldn't recall which at present. Nao was only a year younger than Gene but the silver-haired male hadn't remembered the guy to be so tall! Apparently, a lot had changed in the time they'd gone their separate ways. "I'm surprised you were even able to fit in this thing - come on," Gene stepped aside, having poked his head in to see the occupants for himself. Granted, Nao had been completely disguised with some odd transformation he'd been the only male inside of the carriage and whether to Gene's perceptive credibility or his old acquaintance's folly, the young man hadn't transformed his voice along with his body.

Gene was just about to address the other individual when Tenzin's voice cut in. "Guys we have to get moving and get cover. Gene are you okay to run?" If he hadn't been agitated before, Gene certainly was now. Tenzin definitely was not thinking straight. With the blood from his wound literally oozing all over the place in addition to the still dead horses and some hundred arrows blocking the path for anyone else who may have taken the road they'd truly had their work cut out for them. Truthfully, trying to pick up and move so soon without "cleaning up" was just plain sloppy. "Easy there Tiger, we'll have plenty of time to get back on the trail of those responsible for this travesty... but first, priorities. Contrary to popular belief in the film industry you won't get very far with a wound like how you've got and then there's the matter of clearing this road so that other travelers aren't scared out of their minds. I shouldn't have to tell you that things won't be pretty if the heat falls on Konoha for all of this - forget about that broken heap and come lend me a hand would ya'?" Everything that Gene had said was for the benefit of the group and whatever their assignment may have been, a valuable piece of information that he still did not know.  There'd been no point in trying to pursue an unknown enemy and Gene realized this outright but did Tenzin?

When the young man made an attempt to try moving the man who had been left there by one of Gene's shadow clones, Gene promptly picked up the nearest rock he could find and chucked it with enough strength to strike Tenzin hard in the back, the only "nice" warning he would be getting from his comrade. "I said forget about him for now. You're not trained in the ways of medical care otherwise you'd know never to try moving someone with broken limbs if you can help it. I told you, there will be plenty of time for that later...trust me." Had his efforts been successful in stopping his younger counterpart from doing something reckless, Gene would gradually work his way over to the large cliff side wall [hobbling more so than actually walking] and lean up against it. He hadn't removed the Arrows that had struck him and figured now would have been as good a time as any. Frankly, the fact that he'd been able to keep his composure despite the shooting pain traveling through his limbs was nothing short of a miracle.

"Alright...I've got to clean these wounds before I pull out the arrows otherwise this could be treacherous." Performing field procedures were always a great big hassle and now Kami curse his luck, Gene would be performing several in one day. Admittedly, he wanted to put off healing himself until after he had tended to the wounds of the others but the wound in his right thigh was beginning to worsen, and if left untended to would likely impede his movement to much less tolerable degrees in the future. So he worked. Bringing both of his hands up in the Ram hand seal Gene focused his mind only on the pool of dormant spiritual energy dwelling within him. Listening to it, feeling it, embracing it. Gene allowed his chakra to flow like a calm Ocean wave through his body monitored closely by gates resembling a great Dam. In this manner, he'd only allowed precisely what he needed to perform his tasks to flow through him and closed the gate on anything more - this was a time where he could not afford to be reckless with his Chakra, despite how tempting it may have been.

Now that he'd pulled only what was necessary from his body's spirit container Gene focused on channeling that chakra through his hands which began to emanate a vibrant mythical green light unlike anything that had been produced before. This chakra, while strong and ever present, did not seem to harvest any intent of ill will but rather the complete and total opposite. It was as if the man had found life's essence in the purest form and somehow brought it to the surface - this was the rare and valuable Iijutsu chakra. He began first by hovering over his right thigh which had long since been stained with his blood and torn fabrics among other things. Slowly but surely, the wound began to purify itself, going from a rather nasty and unsightly looking travesty to this clean and appealing display - albeit still a wound. He'd do the same to all of his wounds one by one until they'd lost their discoloration and sick appearance, taking on a much more clear pristine look.

Gene's task was not done by any means, though. Despite the rejuvenated appearance of each individual wound there were still arrows lodged into his flesh and all that he had managed to do thus far was clean the weapons, his injuries and fabrics to eliminate the threat of infection or spread of some foreign disease. This needed to be done before he could even think about removing the barbed arrows embedded in him and the fact that Tenzin had not gone through this step was just one of many things that concerned Gene about the young man's mental state. He had hoped that in taking the time to do things the proper way that everyone would take note and of course, over the period of time that would be spend tending to such injuries, provide valuable input on the situation.
SpoilerShow
*[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
As sanitation cannot always be guaranteed in field operations, this technique provides a quick substitute to traditional sterilization methods. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will channel the chakra throughout his/her upper body (torso, arms, hands, face). This chakra will chew away at harmful bacteria and other foreign bodies on the skin, cleansing it until it is thoroughly sterile, and can be spread to objects, most commonly surgical tools. Of course, this takes both concentration and time, and in order to sterilize the entire upper body, it will take a duration of one (1) post. Users of this technique can also choose to sterilize certain parts of their upper body or the wounds of another person instead for a lesser concentration period. Once they are sanitized, they remain this way until coming in contact with more bacteria.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Post by Servant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Niku exited the carriage behind Nao. Apparently, Gene was the person who'd rescued them from all the arrows. She looked around, seeing the injured shinobi, dead horses, and a corpse with its head a couple meters away. The sights before her weren't things she'd grown accustomed to yet as she was still just a genin. This massacre had turned into more of a nightmare than a mission to look forward to. Her mental state of shock allowed the others to discuss the best course of action without Niku hearing a word of it. Her eyes just went from one bloodied body to the next. Her first instinct at this point was to turn tail and run, let the higher ranked shinobi fulfill the mission. She knew this experience would likely help her grow at a heightened pace, assuming she could survive it. Despite that, she still wanted to head back to the safety of Konoha's walls.

It was then that Tenzin headed off in a direction, with Gene reprimanding him. This exchange, for some reason, brought Niku's consciousness to the forefront. She wondered who this Gene fellow was and why he seemed to think he was in charge of the mission, but she had to admit that she was rather unfamiliar with missions of this magnitude. Perhaps they sent a second team to assist, but I don't know why they'd leave that out of the briefing? she couldn't make sense of anything at this point, but she watched as Gene got to work with (what she assumed to be) iijutsu techniques.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:50 am

Once Nao stepped out and removed the clothes he was given at the start of the mission he finally took in the carnage that was the slaughter of their poor horses, then there was the fact that both Tenzin and Gene where in fact injured but in the end everything would've been way worse if it where not for the strong Special Jounin that saved them with his quick work and skill.

First instinct was to continue to follow command and salvage the mission and so the Yamanaka blew his whistle that was attuned to Sayuri's ears and performed a motion with his hand that told the young parrot to search the general nearby area, and so that is what she did; with a quick flap of her wings she flew outward and made to circle around the area to try and find any such stragglers.
"Hopefully everything will be alright and things will get back on track" the young blond then said reassuringly toward Niku, perhaps picking up on her emotional state of fright as he moved closer and placed his right hand on her shoulder.

Though having said that Tenzin did seem to go a bit berserk as an unconscious body collapsed down before the group and the man seemed a bit out of it in his orders as he tried to start running away, though Gene swiftly put an end to such actions and got their leader to calm down as he tried to do something about the arrows in his own body which in turn made the elder chuunin curse himself a little in his mind for not picking up some Iijutsu like he had always considered (perhaps this would finally push him to do so).

Given the air of confusion Naoyukino found it best to still and await further instructions once everyone calmed down and sorted out their wounds and as such he remained by Niku's side, remaining vigilante for what might happen with a particular eye out for his companion's return with any possible news.
One thing did come across his mind however in that if the guy that dropped down was simply unconscious and could carefully be brought back to his senses, likely whilst tied to a tree or similar, then he could invade the man's mind and pull out information on what their plans where and what might happen next.

Texas

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:41 am

Tenzin felt the rock hit the back of his head. Overall this stopped Tenzin from touching the body completely and almost smacked him back into reality. He realized his adrenalin was higher than it ever was and that overall this is not the information he was told originally from the mission debrief. Overall he was in a very confused state. He turned around and made his way back to the three shinobi taking care of themselves and making sure they were okay. Tenzin looked at all of them, especially at Gene's knee and everything that had happened.

'One..... Two..... Three....' Tenzin counted in his head and took a deep breath. Overall, he took the short time they had to regain his head and get himself back into order. He looked at the two shinobi that were with him originally and simply appolozied for putting them in danger. "I'm sorry Niku and Nao, are you guys hurt in any way?" He made sure that instead of rushing to get away he made sure his teammates were not hurt any longer. Whether they would reply or not he would nod at them with a half smile. He would then turn towards Gene with an odd look.

It was weird that Gene was sent here. The only reason he would be present was if he was sent here for some reason. Tenzin wanted to get to the bottom of this, but he also knew that they should leave the area sooner than later in case those bandits decided to come back. "Are you alright Gene? Do you need any help?"Tenzin realized that he had to put his team in front of him and his frantic actions was those of a rookie. He wanted to make sure his whole camp was alright.

The next course of action after establishing how everyone is doing is to properly take care of the man who fell. Since Gene and Tenzin were in a somewhat injured state Tenzin thought that the best course of action would be to take the injured man back to Konoha. This way they can interrogate him and heal themselves up before going back to continue on the next part of the mission.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Legacy

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Legacy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:59 am

While Tenzin checked on Nao and Niku Gene had pulled an Arrow out of his arm with a grimace and began mending the wound through the use of another medical technique that he had picked up from a few helpful Shinobi whom he had the pleasure of working with. As flesh, vein, nerve, bone and tissue worked themselves back into the proper place Gene could feel himself burning, itching and finally tensing up as the injury vanished. Granted, no one said that healing was a comfortable experience but now that he didn't have to worry about succumbing to an injury Gene couldn't argue with the result. He'd done the same for the wound on his lower left leg and were just about to pull the barbed arrow out of his Right thigh when Tenzin's voice finally registered with him. It seemed as though he'd finally calmed himself down which was a good sign and if anything, perfect timing. "Never better!" Gene replied with a wince, tugging the arrow out and throwing it down onto the ground with a thud.

It would take some time but after a few minutes of hard concentration and precise chakra control, the wound on Gene's thigh had finally been mended and closed. When he approached the rest of the group though, he still hobbled as though the arrows were still embedded in him. "Oh...right." Talk about embarrassing. "Mind explaining to me just what the heck is going on while I take a look at that wound you got?" Gene spoke, directed at Tenzin. "I was told to join up with a squad out on patrol on my way home from a mission and when I came across this road that's when I found that guy," Gene notioned over to the broken man leaning against the rock wall, "And his buddies talking about focusing on the task of something. I jumped down when I saw the arrows start flying in hopes of protecting some civilians and to my surprise I find you guys. What's more...they didn't seem to worried about leaving that guy for dead, either." Gene explained only after everyone else had said their part.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Niku appreciated Nao's comforting words, tone and gesture. Nnormally, she'd have made some remark about him putting the moves on her, but in this situation, she simply nodded her thankfulness. She knew that she was a bit 'green' and that she shouldn't need someone to look after her, but she still appreciated the fact that someone was doing just that. When Tenzin asked how she was, she'd take a look down at her own body and, after seeing nothing out of the ordinary, she'd remark I seem alright." Niku was, like Nao, pretty impressed with iijutsu's usefulness and couldn't argue that it was certainly coming in handy in this mission.

She watched as Tenzin inquired about Gene's well-being, though she was more concerned with Tenzin's, seeing as he wasn't yet receiving any medical attention. She assumed Gene would tend to him after he was in better shape. When Gene asked Tenzin about the mission and what they'd gotten themselves into, she was also curious about why Gene was there, but since he'd asked Tenzin and Tenzin was the leader, she allowed him to answer the question. Despite not knowing what to do or say, this little experience made Niku wish she could be stronger, but also more experienced so she never felt this helpless feeling again.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Nao released his hand from Niku's shoulder as Tenzin turned to them with a nod to ask if they where fine, which was nice in its own right since it was a sign the man had calmed down and cleared his mind.
"Hmm. It seems you two took the brunt of it, well what got through anyway" the chuunin replied affirmatively, nodding back in response as he then moved back away from the girl and took a curious glance between the two higher ranks.
There wasn't much he could do in this moment which truly made the Yamanaka wish he had more skills up his sleeve and definitely made him wish to learn some Iijutsu so he could aid his comrades, though he was certainly intrigued by Gene's explanation of why such a skilled shinobi as he suddenly appeared to aid them and also listened to what their leader would say in response and likely explain the mission.

Texas

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:23 am

Tenzin looked around at the two shinobi that were part of his team. At this point Tenzin had put his discouragement behind him and decided to simply move forward. He would have plenty of opportunities after the mission to go over where he went wrong and what he could of done better. He then caught eyes with Gene and for the first time since seeing him, Tenzin had full conviction and confidence in his eyes. He was ready. Tenzin spoke softly and placed his hands over his mouth a few times in case someone was watching or listening for the duration of his debrief. "The mission was somewhat dangerous but apparently it was more than originally reported since they sent you in here as backup. Originally we were informed about a small organization that was formed in a town near here and to infiltrate it and erase it. They set up a checkpoint here where they would steal money and/or goods from merchants."

Tenzin would place his hand over his wound holding hit since it still hurt a little bit. However, he continued talking with Gene. "Clearly they are bigger and more organized than we were informed originally." Tenzin then stopped with speaking softly and spoke just spoke normally. "This organization is very concerning. At this point I think we should take this man and find a secure area." Tenzin kept the eye contact with Gene. "We can get more in-detail about our next moves when we have a secure location. If you are familiar with this area and have one in mind, we should get going sooner than later." Tenzin gave his thoughts on their next move. As a whole, he figured that this was the best course of action. He knew that he was surprised at first, but from now on he will be ready for any situation.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Legacy

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Legacy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Even while he listened to Tenzin's explanation Gene made quick work to tend to the young man's wounds, sterilizing them with Chakra first to ensure that they were properly cleaned before moving on with the healing process. With the threat of an attack lingering over his head Gene was extra careful to ensure that he took his time and cut out the possibility for mistakes, any screw ups now and there would likely be hell to pay later. Once his own and Tenzin's injuries were taken care of Gene looked to Niku and Nao, evaluating their state of being carefully only to be surprised that neither one had taken a hit during the skirmish. Well...that's a big relief. Gene thought, feeling his body ease into a tranquil state.

"Yeah, I'll grab him. Though, before we leave we should probably clear the road." Gene looked toward the dirt path that lay riddled with arrows and crimson stains from both animal and man alike. By now, the bodies had been sitting long enough now and were beginning to really put out a funk. If they weren't cleared soon then it wouldn't be long before the entire region stank up a storm not to mention what would happen if a passerby happened upon the scene. As of now this was a matter that needed to be dealt with discretely and quickly....a problematic affair indeed.

While Gene made way to offer some rinky - dink variant of medical aid to the captured prisoner in order to move him it would be left to the rest of the team to get busy with pulling their own weight in the situation. One thing was for sure thought, time was definitely of the essence.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:50 am

"Yeah, I'll grab him. Though, before we leave we should probably clear the road."

"You don't need to worry about that," said a kunoichi as she and her two male companions approached.
A few hours earlier...

"... and that concludes the briefing," the man said. It was his duty to assign missions to shinobi who were capable of them. While he wasn't solely responsible for choosing the shinobi based on the mission, he was one of a few who had a say in these matters. His tone had been professional and business-like, but he purposely ended with a more personal smile. It was his hope that the smile would give the shinobi in front of him the courage to ask questions, if they needed. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

Just a basic clean up mission, no big deal, mused Roku as he gave an enthusiastic thumbs up.

Booooring, Batsu thought as he simply nodded to the man in front of him.

"Alright, thank you sir," Zuhiro, Zuzu for short, answered for the team. While the team officially had no leader, as all three shinobi were equally ranked, Zuzu had proven her worth and developed into a leadership position for the team. Batsu had never wanted to lead anyways and Roku was always a bit too excited to make good decisions all the time. Zuzu was, by no means, infallible, but all the members of the team respected each other and the roles they played.

Moments later as the three were alone, Zuzu asked "Ok, did you guys understand all that?"

"Of course!" Roku answered, a little hop in his step as the threesome walked towards the front gates.

"We're not dumb Zuzu. Geez, we've done like 20 of these," grumbled Batsu.

"Right, we have because we're the best Konoha has to offer in missions like this." Zuzu answered, trying to bring Batsu's excitement for the mission up and bring Roku's excitement down. It wasn't an easy task, but that was how Zuzu had become the de facto leader of the group. Once the group reached the gates, they noticed a carriage and horses there, but no shinobi yet. In truth, the three were heading out before the shinobi they were supposed to be following, simply because they were going on foot and the others were going by horse drawn carriage.

Picking up the pace, all three shinobi made their way along the path. Roku focused on his excitement for completing another mission for his beloved Konohagakure. Batsu focused on how much work going by foot was proving to be. And Zuzu was focusing on her impending promotion. She was certain that it wouldn't be long until her and her teammates were promoted to special jounin. They'd proven themselves mighty valuable to the village, especially on missions such as this one.

Every so often, the three would stop and allowing Batsu time to rest and focus his Mind's Eye on the path in front of them. It would be pretty reckless if the team ran into the group that was using this trade route as a personal means of income, especially given how ruthless they'd been. There were more than 10 bodies that had been attributed to this group, so Zuzu and her team had no interest in running into them. When Batsu had confirmed no chakra signatures ahead, they'd continue along the route for a safe distance and then repeat.

"Got 'em"" Batsu remarked, finally having found someone along the route.

"Of course," Zuzu clarified, "You can't be sure that they're the mercenaries."

"Zuzu..."" he said, trailing off. In truth, he was trying to convey himself to her, without actually saying anything.

"No no, you're right," Zuzu answered, realizing what Batsu was saying without him having to say it. The two had been teammates for nearly a decade, so they'd developed a pretty strong relationship and understood each other with just tone and facial expressions, sometimes at least. "We can't be certain either way, so we should stop here," she acknowledged. At this distance, still over a mile away, Batsu couldn't determine how many people there were ahead. The three headed off the route, moving away from the ocean, into the trees. Every now and then, Batsu would check their surroundings, just to ensure no one was moving closer to them. Meanwhile, Roku prepared a fuuinjutsu in the off chance the team needed a hasty escape.

About an hour later, the carriage the three shinobi had seen at the gates of Konoha came rolling by at a relatively quick pace. They couldn't really see it, but they could hear the stomps of the horses through the quiet forest that they were hiding in. All three shinobi knew their turn was coming up soon. Zuzu checked the large scrolls on her back, Roku double checked his fuuinjutsu to ensure it was ready and Batsu surveyed the area ahead to be sure the threesome were safe.
Back to the Present...

All three shinobi had their Konoha headguards on display; Zuzu's atop her forehead, Batsu's as a belt, and Roku had his on his bicep while the Senju crest was emblazoned on his shirt. They even had their arms raised, as if to show they meant no harm. Zuzu surveyed the area as she approached "We've been assigned to handle the clean up; you 4 go on with your mission," she told them. Rarely did she have trouble with people wanting to stay and 'help' clean up, but sometimes the controlling types didn't like to relinquish any part of their control.

"We're cool, right?! I can put my hands down; besides I really want to get started on the mission," Roku responded, causing Zuzu to shoot a glance at him. Like Batsu and Zuzu's relationship, Roku had worked with Zuzu enough to know the glance was intended to silence him. He looked upward, keeping his hands above his head, as if he was acquiescing to her glance.

"Sorry about that..."
Niku had heard of 'cleaners', shinobi who did a lot of missions cleaning up the messes that shinobi undoubtedly caused. She'd never met them, of course; as this one of her first 'real' missions that didn't involve manual labor or was held within the walls of Konoha. As if on instinct, she began moving towards Batsu, the cuter of the two dudes. For the first time since the mission started, likely because subconsciously she felt most at ease with the addition of three more shinobi from Konoha, she forgot about looking to Tenzin or Gene for guidance. She moved a couple feet from Batsu and asked "You wanna get out of here?" her tone was, undoubtedly an attempt at being sexy. Batsu simply rolled his eyes, shook his head no and sat down, keeping his hands above his head until he felt safe. While Zuzu dealt with their comrades, Batsu closed his eyes and began scanning the area to ensure his team's safety.

Niku turned to the other male, before asking "What about you - wanna ..."

"Listen, we have a mission to do as do you. Now isn't the time to play." Zuzu's stern glance made Niku take a step back. [Cockblocker, Niku thought to herself, though she couldn't help but admit that she was right. Niku turned to Tenzin, muttering a low "Sorry," as she moved by.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

WrightJustice

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:28 am

Naoyukino nodded and turned to look at the mess and it truly was quite a big mess, as such he wondered how they could handle it all in good time "Perhaps we will have to just bury all the bodies in one big grave, it would be rather disgraceful on their part but then again they are bandits" he pondered to himself, his right index finger coming up to his chin as he thought it through.

However just as the Yamanaka was beginning to give the situation some thought, another group of shinobi arrived apparently sent to clean up behind them which he didn't even realise was like an official job though one of the three appeared to be a Senju which would certainly be great help in fixing things but at the same time the carriage was probably in too much disarray this one time.
"Oh?" the elder teen uttered in slight confusion "Well... I suppose we should get to digging into the details surrounding this whole thing then?" he questioned, turning to look over at Tenzin in particular, his finger now reaching toward the side of his now tilted head as if ready to scratch an itch though a more metaphorical itch built of curiosity and bewilderment.
"Umm... I suppose I can try and get into that guy's mind if we get him recovered enough to be awake" the tall blond then commented, trying to bring his thoughts back the their own mission and not this surprising turn of events nor Niku's sudden flirting with the new arrivals, turning to look more towards Gene and the not quite so dead bandit .

Texas

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Texas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Tenzin was simply baffled by the course of events that had happened in such a quick moment. Through his frantic state a couple minutes ago, he completely forgot about the "clean up crew" that were assigned to them. With his composure back to calm, cool, and collected; Tenzin nodded to Gene in appreciation for wrapping him up. He then took a couple steps towards the carriage and looked at the three shinobi that came to aide in this part of the mission. "Thank you three for coming, if you don't mind taking care of this, it would greatly be appreciated." He turned his attention towards the man on the ground. He then looked back at the clean up crew before moving forward with the mission. "After this however, I can't permit you three to go any further in the mission. Please go home as soon as you are done."

The young man then made his way to the other three shinobi that were part of the mission. He heard what Nao said and nodded in understanding and agreement. He looked at Gene, Nao, and Niku. "Lets head out. We will get into a power I formation and get to somewhere remote. Nao and his partner will take the back." Tenzin then made sure to look at Nao for this part. "Be sure to tell your partner not to be in the sky, but right below the tree line. Its important the bird can't be spotted from a far distance. I would also like your bird to be behind you a considerable distance and warn us if someone is following. I know you guys got this." Tenzin then turned to both Niku and Gene. "I think it would be best if both of you aided in carrying the injured man, in front of Nao." Tenzin then pointed to himself. "I will take the lead and simply head deep into the forest to get us to a more remote location. Once we are there Niku and I will guard the area, while Gene and Nao try to get information from the injured bandit." Tenzin showed a little smile and a sense of reassurance to his team. "Does anyone have any questions?"
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Legacy

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Legacy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:16 am

There, I think that should do it. Gene thought to himself as he finished mending the last serious wound on the captive. While the man would not be able to walk on his own much less attempt to flee Gene had managed to do well enough a job to keep the man alive for questioning and as far as he'd been concerned that was enough. Although he did not agree with bringing the man along for a number of reasons Gene recognized that his task was simply to provide aid and support while the others completed their task; therefore, the potential implications while not lost on him weren't a point of concern. At least...until Tenzin relegated him to lugging the man around. "...Eh? Come again? You want to lug this dude around? Why not just probe his mind here and now then leave him for the clean up crew to take back for further interrogation or...is that a part of your mission?" There'd been more than enough apprehension in Gene's tone to indicate that he hadn't entirely agreed with the plan but not quite enough to denote a stance of defiance; Gene held no qualms about carrying out an order that made sense however, in the same vein he would not add unnecessary tasks to the workload when it was starting to become clear that they'd have their work cut out for them. Of course Gene would never admit to being far too lazy to carry around a full grown man through the forest; a true minimalist at heart, if there was a easier & quicker way to tackle a task he'd find it.

Sure, they probably could have just left the guy tied to a tree along the way once they'd gotten what they needed but why go through all the hassle? In terms of his own assignment all that he'd been told was that he were to help this team complete their mission - whatever that was, then return home. Only....this was AFTER he'd already come from Waterfall country which meant that the amount of paperwork he'd need to do would just keep on piling up. Understanding this, Gene sighed in his head and waited for an answer. Come to think about it...what the hell is a power I formation? Guess I should have listened more...Well, I'll find out what it is soon enough. Aside from the formation detail everything else that Tenzin had said seemed straight forward enough, as it were Gene was starting to learn quite a bit about the group and their different personality types albeit nothing concrete. Aside from Tenzin who he had hung out with in the past, Gene didn't really know anything about the others. Sure, he'd spoken to Nao once but that had been well over three years ago and from what he'd heard out of the Kunoichi's mouth well...he wasn't impressed.

Fortunately, he wasn't around to critique any one of them on their personal stances nor would he ever intentionally remark on anything that he'd seen today. All that mattered was the successful completion of his task and that all of them returned home in one piece. Today's just not my day...maybe if I'm lucky I can sneak in some reading while everyone's distracted - it'll be the perfect time and no one will even notice! Now that was a thought he could sink his teeth into!
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

[PB] Protect The Route

Post by Servant » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:03 pm

As Niku listened to the group planning their next move, she realized that her invitation to one of the 'cleaners' to "get out of here" came from a deeper place than her normal come-ons. While she had asked in a romantic tone and mannerism, she had really been asking from a place of fear. And while she had been trained for such death-defying encounters, the group they were chasing had proven themselves to be terribly difficult to deal with. If it weren't for Gene, they likely would have killed all three members of Tenzin's team, and even Gene had taken some serious injuries to protect the others. The group was obviously well organized, much more so than Konoha had originally believed.

After Nao did his thing and scanned their hostage's mind, it was evident that the number of people in this organization was considerably higher than Konoha had believed. The idea of a team consisting of a genin, a chuunin, and two special jounin eliminating the entire organization in what could now (after taking one of them hostage) be considered a head on attack didn't seem wise to any of the four assembled shinobi. Combining that information with the evidence of their organization pushed the group into deciding to return to Konoha where a team designed for such an attack could be assembled.

While the mission was, technically speaking, a failure. The group had recovered valuable information that the village could use to eradicate the organization... it would just fall to different shinobi to do the eradicating.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya