Where's this New Froggy Fresh Character?

[A meeting between the amphibious and a flasher, wait what?]

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:05 am

Fanho had been trekking through Fire Country observing the country keeping eyes. As war raged in the west, his thoughts turned to domestic security. Takeo, Tenzin, Noeru, Zakuro, Yozei, and all were fighting for Wind Country's new found land. It all pecked at the back of his mind. He had escaped it, him and Taiga recognizing it was necessary to keep forces in Fire Country close to Iwa or Kiri should they attack. However it seemed unlikely for Kiri to make a move, he had gotten wind the founder of Heart, the man with a frog in his throat, or was it that the man was a literal frog? He hadn't yet a chance to meet the man, but anyways, that man had been waging battle in Water Country even killing their Mizukage.

The hustle and bustle of the mercantile district in the town held no sway over Fanho's thoughts, unable to distract him at best from what pecked at his mind. What he needed was to focus on the next generation, getting them ready for the new world brewing. So many thoughts raced in his mind. The Awai took a deep breath as he tried to let go the current weight he was feeling.

The world was moving, fast, and now it would soon rest in Fanho's hands on the scale of national affairs. The man had doubts, but confided in his closest friends and advisors. He believed they could build a better world, and protect what they held close. War lords be damned, he'd do his best to protect those he could, and keep the threats at bay. Fanho believed strongly in a diplomatic resolution, but it seemed more unlikely the more of these conflicts spurred. His eyes turned to the sky as he stared into the sun. Oh what a life for the new young Hokage to be. As for the next generation, are the kids alright?
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:33 pm

Suzuko had been training all week, both with her fellow Heart Empire students, and the Fire Country/Konohagakure natives that had been sent to mingle with them. The pilot program was going well, as far as all of the teachers were concerned, with any real scraps so far being more playground kerfuffle than anything of note or worry. It helped that in many ways Fire Country held many of the same ideals as the Heart Empire, even if where their loyalties lay seemed to shift with protecting their own interests at times -- Not that Suzuko was really involved in those kinds of politics.

Today was their first day off since they'd arrived, and tired Suzuko was allowed to wander the area so long as she didn't stray too far from the hostel provided by their Konoha hosts, a nice little hut that was small but serviceable, and had clearly been deep cleaned in preparation for their arrival. Goro had sent her on her way with a bit of allowance, which she'd rolled her eyes at, before wandering off away from the rest of the children to explore the nearby town.

Her mentor was following her of course, not that she knew, the sly bastard keeping his distance, and truthfully not paying all that much attention to her aside from making sure nobody else was paying all that much attention to her either. This was her first time in Fire Country, and so the markets seemed like an interesting place to take in the culture, particularly interested in the fashions here. Her foster family was fairly traditional and well off, but her time spent in the college dorms leaving her in her schools uniform had gotten her very used to the much more modern clothing that had become so popular in the empire as of late.

Of course, there was no reason for anyone of importance to find her here, so it should be a perfectly normal day with nothing special going on, right?
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:22 pm

Fanho was bumped into as this shook him out of his stupor. The merchant shouted apologies as he ran down the road. Fanho chuckled as he waved at the merchant leaving. Perhaps the Bannin should be a bit more observant of his surroundings. Which speaking of them when did Fire Country have so many students, and what was with the uniforms? Their chakra felt so much different than those of the Fire Country natives. He furrowed his eyebrows as he recalled his memory. There was a cross-country travel program for Heart Empire students, they were modernizing which explains for the different style of clothing before his eyes.

Their chakra also felt different, more even than the surrounding civilians. After all, it made sense shinobi or samurai students would be more attuned to it. The brief flash of green eyes caught Fanho's sight as he snapped his head, a student rushing by. Definitely not native to Fire Country by any means. Her eyes gazing over the clothing stalls, taking in what this mercantile town had to offer. The Awai had been curious about Heart Country, ever since its formation, the founder Iyashii, Fuhen, himself. Their ideals had very much so aligned similarly, wanting a safe place to protect people. Someone Fanho felt if he got the chance to meet, they'd have been friends. Regardless, Fanho had the opportunity to find out more about the new country right here and now. A cultural exchange if you would, he'd help the student and she could help give him insight to their slice of life.

The Bannin walked up next to the student gazing at the wares of the vendor. "Kinda far from home aren't ya?" The Bannin picked up an imported shirt from Heart country showing off some of their new fashion. "Although I guess, not too far considering?" The Awai gestured at the shirt before laying it back in its place.

"Studying our culture or looking for something to take home with you?"
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:58 am

She had her head underneath a stall's canopy taking a closer look at a beautiful set of Kimono of all colors and sizes, observing that on average sizes were larger in Fire Country. She lifted up a bright red one with orange flames dancing across the surface and made a face. The design was pretty, but it would never fit her. She was quite lithe amongst her peers, but even still these more major countries had generations of well-fed civilians to have different body types than minor country folks, though if anything Suzuko should have been an exception, being of nobility both from her birth mother and foster parents.

She was starting to fold the piece back up politely as the bored shopkeeper casually listed off prices that she wasn't really listening to, when she heard the voice off to her side. Turning to look, she craned up at the tall man before her and put on a polite smile and giggled. "The fashions of Heart seem to suit you." She said, folding her hands in front of her before giving a polite half-bow, wary of the stranger danger and having not yet caught a glimpse of the village symbol on his back to indicate he might have been a ninja.

"The distance may not be too far, but Fire Country is quite different from Tea's deserts and rocky cliffs." Suzuko said, turning around to look at the distance a bit, smiling at the forest that surrounded them, before turning back to the older gentleman. "The more places I visit, the more I'm realizing that a market can look the same almost anywhere, though. There are only a few places we don't get imports from in Xincha, though the variety of Fire clothing here is so much wider..." Another polite laugh left her mouth. "But, to answer your question... Both, I suppose... A souvenir to bring home to remind me of the culture here, what's different, what's the same... Ah, forgive my rudeness! I am Fukuzawa, Suzuko."
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:50 pm

Fanho cocked his head as he picked the shirt up once more and put it to his chest. "I'm not terribly known for my fashion sense, so I'll keep that in mind." The Awai put the shirt back on the pile as he gave a similar bow to the student. A simple sign of respect, even for someone younger than him Fanho wasn't that full of himself to no return the gesture. After all, a guest in his country from a friendly state should feel welcomed.

As the student mentioned the markets looking the same, Fanho laughed and chimed in. "Markets all have their own con men and slick deals." The Bannin shot a glance over to the shop keeper, before sharing a chuckle with the shop keeper. "But hopefully the prices here are fair, so long as you stick to some of these side streets. Main streets you might have some tourist traps yoink your money."

Fanho shook his head and laughed at Suzuko's apologies. "Hah, rudeness? Don't sweat it. You're a guest in my country, and I don't necessarily keep up with all the honorific stuff like some people. Sometimes its nice to take a break from all of it anyways. I'm Awai, Fanho. I'm a Bannin of Konoha."

Fanho scratched his chin as he pondered. A souvenir and a cultural reminder of Fire Country? The same and as to whats different? "Well... Fire Country used to be strong allies with Tea Country back before, so a lot of the culture is shared there. Not too hard to find something the same, so lets shoot for something completely different. Anything that's stood out to you so far since being here?"
Last edited by Director on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:28 pm

Suzuko giggled politely as he mentioned his fashion sense, looking over his outfit appraisingly, agreeing that he seemed overall quite boring in his choice of clothing, but didn't say as such out loud. Likewise she followed his gaze as he shared a small joke with the shopkeeper, and got in on the joke by wagging a finger in an exaggerated fashion at the man and laughing along with them. Friendly folks in Fire Country, she thought, a surprise considering what some of the traditionalists in Heart often said about those from major countries...

And then her heart sunk from her chest to her stomach as he introduced himself. That same pleasant smile remained on her face, but internally she screamed at the idea of talking to someone able to introduce himself as a bannin. They didn't use the same ranking systems in the Heart Empire, but she knew well enough that the number of people that could claim an equivalent rank in Heart could be counted on one hand. Even if she didn't understand that this man before her was kage-to-be, she understood that there was a level of importance to him that felt even more inappropriate of her rudeness, even though he'd told her not to worry!

Her smile cracked a little bit, and she started sweating immediately, going from practically no perspiration to drenched in a matter of seconds, as she immediately sunk to bow very deeply, her nose almost scraping the floor as she refused to make eye contact with him. "Lord Bannin, I'm so sorry, as a guest in your country I should have known better!" She said, groveling at the man's feet, any pretense of attempting to shop dropped as she internally was very, very angry at the man for putting her in this situation in the first place. How dare he not state his importance from the get-go!
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:16 am

Fanho groaned as he saw the shift in demeanor. Yeah he was a Bannin, but sometimes even he lacked the foresight to predict the randomness of other people. Either way he let out a sigh and a chuckle at the girl's sudden shift into almost grovelling. The Bannin got down on his knees as well groveling to Suzuko in return. A high ranking Bannin, Hokage-to-be he was, but even so he himself was not above the common people. He wasn't much for titles or the whole honorifics as he said. Just a simple shinobi making his way in Konoha even.

"I guess I should've kept that title to myself." The Bannin chuckle as he nudged the girls shoulders to sit up straight and stand with him.

"I'm not one for titles, just call me Fanho. After all you're a guest in my country, you're the special one here not me." The Bannin beckoned for the shop keeper to hand him a duster as he brushed off Suzuko's pants after her immense bowing before returning the tool to the merchant. Fanho gestured a wave before his face. "Don't sweat any bit of it. Guest or no guest, everyone here including you is family to me. And family doesn't have to go through all that non-sense. Respect is earned not given, so let me earn your respect."

Fanho walked towards a yakitori stall as he gestured for the owner to give two him two grilled chicken skewers with tare. The Awai reached into his wallet as he retrieved a few ryo to suffice for his goods. The Awai returned to Suzuko as handed her one. "And no family of mine will tour this town on an empty stomach. So lets go find you some things to take home." The Awai delivered a great big grin and hearty laugh as he began to walk through the stalls on the lookout for hidden deals and goods for Suzuko. "Come on, you can ask me all about the country and I'll tell you. Maybe we'll let you guys come to Konoha, though that's more of a discussion with your teachers I suppose."
Last edited by Director on Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:17 am

Suzuko went through all stages of grief in a flash, embarrassed and sweaty as she was, and Fanho mocking her by joining in the groveling as well. She was angry at the man for not properly introducing himself before, if this pilot program was a failure because of a cultural misunderstanding like this, she might be kicked out of the academy, or worse, looked down on! How was she supposed to suspect that such a young man held such a high title of importance? It really wasn't fair!

His gentleness did little to calm the girl from her panic, though she did stand up at his nudging as Goro laughed to himself at her ridiculous nature from his safe observation distance. She still found herself unable to make eye contact even after his reassurances, looking slightly down. "You're, ah, too kind..." She said sincerely, thankful for how nice he was being, but wanting to be nearly anywhere but here in this very moment. All the same, she couldn't well reject him at the risk of causing some kind of international incident, so she played along as best she could.

Him calling her family felt... Well, it stung. Her familial situation was something she really didn't like to talk about, and when kids had made jokes about her parents, it was especially painful and a surefire way to get her riled up and ready to fight. She wasn't offended by the comment, but something in it felt hollow, like he'd rung a bell right in her ears. She took a deep breath and swallowed it, before smiling, more genuine this time but still internally panicked at the whole situation. "Fanho... Thank you."

His guest hurried to catch up, taking hold of the mystery meat on a stick, and didn't yet take a bite, embarrassed to eat not only for free, but also with a stranger. "Can you tell me..." She started, trying to adjust her composure to return to why her and her fellow students were here in the first place. "What it means to be a ninja? You're... Not what I expected, I think..." She said, choosing her words carefully, having been told by quite a few of the traditionalists about the horrors of ninja.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:26 pm

"Hmmm..." The Bannin stroked his non-existent beard as he pondered the question. What it means to be a ninja? To some it was simply fulfilling a duty bequeathed to them by their village, a sort of forced duty or expected one set forth. Familial obligations drove some to be a ninja, attempting to keep a legacy flowing or to end it face down in the dirt on some battlefield. In all honesty it was a brutal job, even if some civilians aspired and held it on a pedestal, it was really a harrowing job. Not many lived to even be Fanho's age and not many to his rank. His face furrowed a minute into a serious expression before he realized how it might've looked to Suzuko.

Wanting to avoid any other awkward apologies or groveling, Fanho nodded as he smiled back at the young Heart Empire student. "To me, its protecting those who need it the most. It means protecting my family." The Awai winked at the student hoping to still put her at ease, and make her feel at home as much as he could for a foreigner in a strange land. "I'm definitely not the usual ninja you'd meet. I'm quite the odd ball out. I dream of one day uniting the world in peace, or at the least I'd settle for ending global conflict among the major nations."

He took in the sight of the town, the merchants carrying carts through the streets. The hustles of shop keepers attempting to make a sale as villagers in loud voices returned, "Expensive!", "What a deal!". This was what he wanted to preserve and share with everyone. Ensuring that they too had the option to enjoy a life free from war. Recalling the war and how Fanho was away he felt gutted almost for having been absent, guilty even that he had escaped the horrors of what some had faced. However he admired their perseverance and strength to return and build back.

"I want to protect this and give everyone a chance to experience it. A peaceful life, the most worry in their world is if they'll get a good deal on some takoyaki or not." Fanho chuckled as he gestured to someone haggling a takoyaki vendor.

"You tell me Suzuko, why do you want to be a samurai?" Fanho took a bite off his stick of meat as he chewed away. It was quite a mouthful of an answer, maybe not what Suzuko expected, but every bit of it was from the heart™.

"By the way that's chicken with tare sauce. Its like a sweet soy sake based sauce. Its really good."
Last edited by Director on Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:54 pm

Internally, Suzuko panicked again. Had she asked too awkward of a question? Was this yet another folly on her part that could lead to diplomatic breakdown with what could only be described as a very important ally to the empire? She was nearly ready to throw herself on the ground and grovel again as he might have expected, until he finally opened up his mouth again to speak. She tilted her head as he started to speak, the words themselves felt familiar, fatherly, something she never quite got to experience, and yet the deepest parts of her mind told her that the words he spoke came almost as if from her ancestral line itself.

Any trepidation she had seemed to melt away in the moment, and before his prompting, she started to nibble on the skewer, slightly cooled down due to her earlier hesitancy. She continued to listen and nod along, and passionately she seemed to agree with his sentiment. However, when he asked her why she wanted to be a samurai, a pause came over her features, and she swallowed another bite of the food quite hard while thinking. Had he been any less personable, she probably would have given an incredibly generic answer about protecting her empire, but because he'd earned enough relationship points with the right dialogue options...

"I'm... Not sure..." She finally admitted after her pause. "I'm not totally sure I do want to be a samurai, Fanho." She looked away awkwardly at the citizens scrambling to find their deals, and idly her hand went up to her amber necklace around her neck, fiddling with the gem on the end. "All children are required to be part of the academies, but once my schooling is done, I'm not sure if I'll enlist or not." The girl slowly looked back over to the man she was walking with, taking another small bite of her food. "I don't have... Family... The same way..." Her words came out harder as she thought about it.

She hoped to be able to see her mother again some day, and while she'd been assured she was probably safe and sound in water country, if that was true, why hadn't she reached out? Certainly she'd never known her father, and she hadn't known her mother since she was barely old enough to walk, but all this mention of family stung in the deepest parts of Suzuko's heartTM. If Fanho was particularly perceptive, he might have noticed her voice crack a bit as she spoke. "I've got a few years to decide still, I hope I'll have an answer before then."
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:57 pm

The Bannin nodded along as he listened intently to Suzuko. He could tell his words resonated with her. The uncertainty from her fears of insulting him or causing a diplomatic incident whisked away in the summer wind. However another uncertainty arose within her, but one about herself and her future. Not wanting to be a samurai, not abnormal among some, but a little odd at least from the young kids in the academy. Majority craved to be a shinobi at least until they got older to make a more serious decision about their futures.

The academy being required, the end of schooling, and then the topic of family came up. Fanho had been lucky enough to know his, spend time even albeit to some it seemed little. He had gotten to know them, form a good memory of them. However the wealth of his familial memories came from his close friends and team members. Taiga, Takeo, Hayashi, Hayate, Zakuro, and those whom supported him along the way. All holding some belief in him, even in times of disagreement he felt their bonds couldn’t be shaken and he wouldn’t dare let it.

Even the Awai was not so blinded by hubris he couldn’t see Suzuko struggling with the mention of family. He could tell she felt alone in all the business of life. He knew not the extraneous circumstances surrounding it, but he could tell she was distraught. Fanho had no grand speech about how he struggled through the same. He only had fond memories. Taiga was more the one able to resonate with those struggling with inner demons experienced. Fanho had quite the opposite experience, but none-the-less instead of ragging on some speech. He would just continue to be genuine with the girl and speak from the heart™.

As Suzuko mentioned not having an answer to her future. Fanho nodded as he finished his skewer rapping his fingers against his chin pondering Suzuko’s answer. “Well you’re young like you said, you’ve got a few years to decide. Whatever you decide, you’ll do excellent at it. You’re polite, you’re friendly, and you’re quite thoughtful.” Fanho did a hand wave gesture as he continued, ”Samurai, Shinobi, Farmer, Artist, Cook, or not any of those, you have the traits of an excellent person. Just promise me you’ll give it your all no matter what you do.”

A sly grin grew on the Awai’s face as he wagged his finger. “I do expect an invite to your graduation ceremony at the least now that we’re on first name basis. After all, now you’ve got a fan cheering you on.”

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:40 am

Suzuko smiled sadly, trying not to betray her sudden emotional change. Unbeknownst to her, the emotional shift was causing her leaky chakra to leech out and wrap onto Fanho, attaching to his chakra system, feeding on a miniscule amount of his chakra. Her training as nobility allowed her to disguise it better than most her age, but she was still a child and fully controlling her emotions was not in her purview. For a moment she was sad, and then she felt hollow, not quite nothing at all, but the feelings of her emotions echoed through her body as if there was nothing there to receive them.

The conversation had taken a turn for the unexpected, and she felt like she wanted to cry, but no tears would come. She looked away, and then back to Fanho and nodded. "Yeah..." She started slowly, before her smiled widened and she tried to show her braver side. "I'm kind of a genius, you know." She said smugly, folding her arms over her chest. "I'm gonna be great at all those things and more, and you're going to have to sit back and watch!"

She let out a 'pfft' noise, back to a more childish demeanor as she unfolded her arms and rolled her eyes. It seemed she'd all but forgotten the fact that she was not only her senior but also outranked her in every way. "Of course you'll be invited, how else am I going to show I'm not just some student you need to make feel better?" A light blush crossed her features, but she didn't react to it, a small childish crush forming on the older man before her. "I bet I'll be on your level before you know it!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:52 pm

”Ohoho, you are a genius eh?” Fanho gave a bow and gestured in-front of himself as to give Suzuko the stage. “By all means, take the stage.” The man grinned as he laughed with Suzuko.

Fanho felt good to bring some comfort to Suzuko it appeared. At the least he had got her to the point of feeling comfortable to bring out some confidence within her. The fears, trembling voice, and sadness while not gone entirely were erased in this moment in time. It was all Fanho could do for now, and hopefully he’d get to see her grow and maybe be a helping hand to fight through that together.

As Suzuko made a bet of being on Fanho’s level, he knew she could achieve it. While he knew not of all her abilities, the ability to bounce back with confidence and make such promises and grand bets were a sign of diligence. If she believed, then so would Fanho.”That’s the spirit.”

Fanho did wag his finger, “You know, all this talk about your future made me think of what would be some good idea for you to bring back home.”

As they traveled through the market, Fanho stopped at this odd trinket store. It seemed to be culturally insignificant to Fire Country, just odds and ends strewn about that could be seemed to be found just about anywhere. “This should be perfect, maybe even a little too on the nose.” Fanho said as he rummaged through a side drawer filled with wallets. As hope seemed to be lost he saw a glimmer of a slick green at the bottom of the drawer. “Aha!”

The Bannin dug and retrieved what appeared to be a frog wallet with slick green dyed leather, with a snap mouth to keep all your money secure. The frog was green like Suzuko’s eyes, but itself had blue eyes like that of a deep river. Almost poetic in a cosmic sort of way. “I know, its not really culturally Fire Country all around, but I think its the sort of gift you can appreciate. Not many people make these sort of wallets. Besides it looks like it sorta fits your style, matches your eyes at least.” Fanho held the wallet up comparing it with her face as if Suzuko could look at her own face to compare as well.

The Bannin retrieved his wallet as he gave the vendor a few Ryo for the gift. After all a good host should be kind to his friends and guests. Especially if they’re both. “Alright I’ve picked at least one, is there anything that’s caught your eye so far? It can be from anywhere.”

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:50 am

Suzuko's bolder side had properly taken over, and she was in full smug mode as she walked with Fanho, walking on a cloud as she stroked her own ego while they stopped at a particular trinket store. Suzuko was easily enamored with small cute things, and immediately did some of her own rummaging, holding a pair of cute earrings up to her ear in a small handmirror laying on a counter, gently dinging a bell on the end of a magatama, and generally enjoying this outing in as obvious a fashion as she could manage.

She was laughing at another hand mirror she found that was warped and made her look exceedingly fat when Fanho grabbed her attention mentioning something that might have been too on-the-nose. "Found something...?" She said with great curiosity, peeking over his shoulder to catch a glimpse before he turned around to reveal the item to her. She stared blankly for a few moments, before her mouth turned up into another smile and she snatched it out of his hands to rub it against her face. "It's adorable!" She proclaimed while Fanho paid, quickly stuffing things inside of it to make it fat and bouncy as a frog should be.

She thought for a moment about his offer of anything else, briefly looked back at some of the other items she was looking at, and smiled before turning back. "I think I've got plenty to take back with me, thanks to you." She said, before blushing once more. "I mean, I found it all by myself, so whatever." She said, turning around with her fat frog in her arms, giddy for a moment... Before turning back around to Fanho again, and suddenly giving him a very big hug, and a "Thankyouthankyouthankyou." Before running off, embarrassed about the whole exchange.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:57 am

Pleased at her gift, Fanho felt he had succeeded at least in bringing some joy to the girl today. With the current craziness in the world, it was a bright and happy moment where some things seemed to be dark. In due time though, not all pain was healed, but perhaps a little at a time it can be rectified. Perhaps the kids we’re all right.

As Suzuko thanked him for the gift Fanho chuckled, and was just glad he found the right item. He figured it might’ve been a little too on the nose after all with their froggy amphibious shogun, but he was glad she took it as her own. After all it seemed fitting.

“Oh one more thing. If I get to go to your graduation, then its only right for me to invite you to mine. We’ve got the Hokage Coronation around the corner. I’ll send some Jounin to escort your class to the village so you can see it in real time. After all, you’re now a personal invite as a friend of the new Hokage.” Fanho winked as he allowed to let the news break and settle in. One last jab at Suzuko’s behavior from before, but hopefully one taken in good jest. The Premier Hokage waved as he began to walk away continuing his patrol and check-in with the local samurai.

“See ya soon Suzuko!”
Last edited by Director on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fire Country”