[Open] W I L D F I R E

"You're like a wildfire!"

Kenpwnchi

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by Kenpwnchi » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:28 pm

"You're like a wildfire!" Ahhh. Yes. Exhilarating, wasn't it? The feeling of singing a song you love, word for word, at the top of your lungs, could never get tiring. And, yet, exasperated, Masayoshi laid; outstretched on his back and sprawled across the grass gently pressing against his back of his robe. Gazing into a clear sky, but shading his eyes with both his hands to block the rays of the sun, Masayoshi began to wonder about what happened years ago during the day that his parents were killed. Despite being subservient to the Konohagakure no Sato, Masayoshi couldn't help but to feel as if the Konoha's top officials had something to do with the murder. Not eager or willing to find out, just yet, Masayoshi would shake off the lingering thoughts before realizing that he had been sitting in the sun for too long. Skin reddened, Masayoshi would grunt as he started to peel off thin pieces of dead skin from his body. Masayoshi was rather appalled since this barely happens; prompting a derogatory response.

"Disgusting, man! Yuck!" It was not that the weather of the Hi no Kuni was harsh; it was actually the exact opposite. The Hi no Kuni was a pleasant place, compared to the other countries throughout the world, and it had the climate to match. Unfortunately, today wouldn't go exactly as planned. Masayoshi, prior to bursting out into song and free falling to the ground, had been training his Katon. As a Konoha ninja, if Masayoshi didn't learn anything else pertaining to his village, he would at least try to learn what made the Will of Fire what it is: Katon. While Masayoshi felt like he could do no harm, his actions would prove otherwise. Nose twitching, Masayoshi could smell fire. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worse, once he took a moment to look around, it was evident that there was a problem. Masayoshi had succeeded a bettering his skills with Katon, but it would be the forest that was around him that would suffer. Suddenly, and without warning, Masayoshi was standing before a new threat: a wildfire.

"Oh no..." Masayoshi wasn't the type to panic under pressure, but a forest fire was definitely a looming threat. Masayoshi would watch as small animals scattered to safety, and the nature around him withered away. Masayoshi was perplexed at how he could do so much damage without trying, but immediately blamed his lack of focus when it comes to training. Masayoshi, after noticing that it was "every being for themselves", would attempt to escape the clutches of the fire before him, but was seemingly scolded by the chastising of the wild itself. Masayoshi would cover his mouth with both hands; hoping that the smoke wouldn't suffocate him. With nowhere in sight to run, Masayoshi felt like he could, perhaps, be facing the end of his life. Eyes watering, it was hard to tell if he was crying or being assaulted by the smoke. From the outside looking in, it may not have seemed like Masayoshi was going through much, but, through his eyes, his parents would be right before him. Masayoshi, at a lost for words, simply froze up. During this moment of life and death, Masayoshi's future remained untold.
Last edited by Kenpwnchi on Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:14 am, edited 8 times in total.

HotelBravo

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by HotelBravo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:31 pm

SpoilerShow
The forest didn’t belong to one man alone. In the village hidden in the Leaves, the Forests were practically where the shinobi and Kunoichi lived. There was a reason this place was called the village hidden in the leaves instead of the village of tropical climate. This meant that what would be one shinobi’s problem in the forest of Konoha would quickly become all of their problems. It wasn’t unusual for Shinobi to find themselves in the forest of Konoha. It had become a place littered with Kunai and scarred by practicing ninjutsu. Were it not for the efforts of certain clans in maintaining the sanctity of the Forest it likely would have been burnt down or choked on wasted ninja tools long ago.

Nakano was here now in the forest performing training of her own. Her legs pushed her one after another as she kicked up dirt from the well trodden path of the game trails. Perspiration dripped down her face, her hair pulled back in a ponytail, revealing the undyed golden yellow roots at the base. She was measely Five feet three inches tall but had a slightly broader figure which supported ample curves. She wore a black turtle neck shirt which was tight fitting, showing off the woman’s ample bust. Her hips were graced with a shinobi headband worn as a belt and buckle with a hip pouch on the back of her hip. On her left leg was a shuriken holster. Her pants were the typical issue combat pants that tucked into bandages and those into her sandals.

As she continued her jog she paused the hint of something dancing on the air. Something ominous. Dangerous. A threat to Konoha. Was it her Anbu indoctrination that made her fill with a sense of urgency? Should she try to fight the sensation? She had figured out that they had Yamanakas fiddle with her mind to make her more of an asset to Konoha, should she choose this particular instance to fight for her independence against the programing? She was already breaking from the path and heading towards the danger. The analytical mind of Nakano weighed the pros and cons of this action because she eventually decided that at the moment there was no reason to deny it. She would approach and help Konoha deal with the wildfire before it got out of control. Maybe it would even loosen her leash some.

She turned up the speed from the light job that she had been doing before, and bemusedly appreciated the time the extra chest support she had decided on earlier in the day when preparing for the outing. Her hands flashed through a series of seals and activated the Sensory technique. She was looking for people in danger, but also the culprits. There was just one person here - and he hadn’t moved away yet. It was hard to say for certain but she was already proclaiming this party guilty. The Fire had a chakra signature after all and it matched his, implying that it was his technique that was now running wild.

She jumped up and ping ponged off the trunks of the tree until she was in the upper branches, all this in the sake of speed. Then she reached the small clearing in the forest to which Masayoshi was. She looked down at him from the tree and took his measure. With her medical experience she had come to be able to judge the strength of an individual between the bulk of their muscle and the density of their chakra. After all some Shinobi amplified their strength with Chakra so one’s strength couldn’t be judge by looks alone. There was a certain quality to his movements that betrayed the hidden power in his form. Her eyes narrowed - he was certainly stronger, but there was something off. Like she was missing something about him. Too strong for a genin, but he seemed to be panicking.

Nakano leapt out of the tree and landed on the ground beside Masayoshi. They were near enough the same height, but she knew not to underestimate a man in terms of strength. ”Nakano. Genin. Pleasure to meet you. Whats your name and rank?” She questioned. Her eyes narrowed immediately as she now understood the situation. The dense smoke was choking her and was likely choking the man as well. A quick flash of hand seals and she formed a chakra barrier around her mouth using the *[Iijutsu • Personal Protective Equipment] jutsu. She did so once on herself and then again on Masayoshi whom she had taken the liberty to decide was her patient. It wouldn’t protect their eyes, but their nose and mouth would be covered with a filtering mask of chakra that would prevent smoke particles from continuing to choke them. ”Come on we need to move you away from the fire. You should be able to speak now.” She began to dictate to him. ”As soon as you are able please tell me your name and rank so we can establish a chain of command.”

Nakano knew the Water Shuriken Jutsu, but at the rate that this fire was spreading it might not be enough. That besides, focusing on two mask techniques at the same time was rather draining. It was merely a D ranked technique and she had certainly performed more complex ninjutsu in the past but at the same time, she didn’t quite have the reserves or control to make the cost negligible. It would be difficult to focus on this technique and also on using Water Shuriken to combat the fires. Damn! There had to be some other way. She glanced back over at Masayoshi and tilted her head, hoping that maybe he would known what to do in this situation. Their lives might be at risk, but it would be worse for Konoha if this thing went too Wild after all!

1001 / 750 +1 speed
Last edited by HotelBravo on Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenpwnchi

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by Kenpwnchi » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:08 pm

"Darn it! This damn fire. It's too much." Masayoshi had an undying love for his parents, but this also came to mean that he could not allow himself to be killed; he always had a reason to take a stand. Masayoshi, during his alone time, frequently spaced out, yet the distance between him and his thoughts were seemingly closer than what he perceived. Rubbing away the "tears" from his eyes, Masayoshi would tilt his head backwards as he heard the sound of a tree branch being mounted. Masayoshi was a bit perplexed; despite not knowing Nakano, her visage revealing a, potential, allegiance to the Konohagakure no Sato made him, unusually, comfortable. Externally, Masayoshi probably looked like just a childish troublemaker. There was a lot more to Masayoshi than what meets the eye. Insight was gonna be necessary to read him. Nakato, landing next to Masayoshi on either side, would startle the boy. The gender of people didn't matter, but Masayoshi was horrible with girls. Masayoshi would slightly blush; turning his head away before letting out a heavy sigh. Masayoshi intended to respond, but with Nakano taking safety measures, he felt humbled enough to remain silent before reaching a location where both of them would be safe.

"Ahhh. Fresh air. Thanks, yo! I'm Masayoshi; Jōnin of the Konohagakure no Sato. Nakano, you say?" Attempting to engage in any friendly conversation would be drowned out by the highly aroused flames beginning to envelop the two. "Before we get to know each other, I think we ought to handle this wildfire. It's my fault. I'm so stupid." Slapping his hands across his forehead, Masayoshi felt embarrassed for letting the forest catch fire. To be the so-called "Superhero of the Hidden Leaf", Masayoshi felt like he sure was doing a bad job at his self-proclaimed profession. Masayoshi, however, did not believe in permanent losses. Masayoshi would be able to redeem himself, and Nakano might be the key to doing that. That is when Masayoshi would spring forth with his next plan of action. "Hey. We should team up to fight fire with fire. What do you say?" A thumbs up would be followed by a cheeky grin.
Last edited by Kenpwnchi on Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotelBravo

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by HotelBravo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:32 am

””
Kenpwnchi:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:08 pm
"Ahhh. Fresh air. Thanks, yo! I'm Masayoshi; Jōnin of the Konohagakure no Sato. Nakano, you say?"
’Well, he certainly does outrank me.’ she mused. They seemed to be around the same age, although age rarely seemed to be a good indicator of whether one was actually skilled in the shinobi world or not. There were child soldiers with the aptitiude of Kages and then there were old genin like her. ’But, at least I’m skilled in other ways.’ She thought of the ways that she had been trained to use her body as a weapon. The subtle, soft arts that could wrap a man around her fingers. That wouldn’t work on the wildfire, however. She would need to figure out something else.
Kenpwnchi:
"Before we get to know each other, I think we ought to handle this wildfire. It's my fault. I'm so stupid."
He let his guilt be put on display. Nakano had never felt the emotion before herself, but she considered it to be a useful one. ’Weakness.’ Her eyes narrowed slightly at what she thought she saw as a vulnerability in the man, but now wasn’t the time to pounce. He wasn’t a prey. Even if he was, he was a jonin and her indoctrination reminded her that he was a Konohagakure shinobi at that. An Ally. ’Pity.’ ”You know, I see that as an invitation, I might just hold you to it. You don’t need to pretend to be ashamed in front of me, I don’t care how this started. I have an imperative to protect the village and its resources.”
Kenpwnchi:
"Hey. We should team up to fight fire with fire. What do you say?"
Masayoshi gave her the ‘nice guy’ thumbs up with a cheeky grin.’Isn’t he just precious.’ She purred internally. She felt her muscles tense up for a brief moment like a spring. Like a cat hunching down as it stalked its prey. She caught herself, or rather her indoctrination did. ’right. The fire comes first.’ Her own mind was betraying her and keeping her from having some fun. To the task at hand then. One could fight fire with fire, it was a known method for stopping the fire from damaging things further by having another fire burn up all the fuel before the bulk of the flames could arrive. If he was a jonin he might be able to pull it off, but she didn’t exactly have any fire jutsu. A hand reached into her hip pouch and took a brief inventory.

”You’re the jonin, you have a command here. As for fighting fire with fire - I have five paper bombs. I don’t have affinity with fire. I’m a medic, and know at least one water style technique. Its D rank.” Nakano offered, in a very business bland tone of voice. Her only water technique was just D rank but perhaps the Jonin would think of a way for it to be useful.

As she was speaking, Nakano had already pulled out the five paper bombs and attached the strings on the end to the loops of 5 matching kunai. She placed most of them in her off hand and one in her throwing arm. There. She was about as ready as she was going to be, given this current plan of action. ”Alright, I’m ready.” She stated to Masayoshi. She crouched down somewhat in preparation. ”The chakra mask I placed on you will protect you from smoke particles. Its a medical technique used for field surgeries, but it works on smoke as well. I can also tend to any wounded if necessary” There was certainly the smell of singed fur and meat in the air - but those were wild animals and Nakano wouldn’t waste jutsu on them. If they were shinobi pets though, that would be a different matter.

862(Including 250 from last post)/750 +1 speed

Kenpwnchi

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by Kenpwnchi » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:19 pm

"Hmm." Masayoshi was captivated by a moment of silence within himself as he observed Nakano. Innocent, seemingly, yet Masayoshi also appeared that way, but wasn't exactly too close to the truth. Masayoshi wasn't, by any means, evil; however, he couldn't really call himself the best "superhero" at the moment. Masayoshi could look into her eyes and still indicate that she was a ninja; her eyes being like a hueless blue. Masayoshi would notice her wearing a turtleneck; one of his favorite types of clothing. Masayoshi felt out of place upon realizing that Nakano had her headband present, around her waist, but he didn't have his. Withdrawing his headband from either of his pouches, Masayoshi would firmly tie it around the top of his head. "What kinda of ninja would I be without this?" Pointing the thumb on either of his hands towards the Konoha symbol, Masayoshi would giggle. Nakano scolded Masayoshi, but he didn't take offense to it. Instead, Masayoshi considered Nakano's gestures as caring. "I actually am..." Masayoshi would say ashamed, but he didn't want to get too off subject. Instantly, his expression changed once Nakano reminded him of his position. "Right. Then allow me to lead the way." Scoping out the area around them, and determining that they needed to move quickly, Masayoshi would perform a hand seal. "Katon: Zetsuen Jutsu (Fire Release: Insulation Technique)!" Masayoshi may have appeared harmless, but the prowess that he possessed showcased just how capable he actually is. The Katon: Zetsuen Jutsu is a technique that absorbs the heat surrounding Masayoshi; causing the temperature to rapidly drop as heat is absorb into a ball of fire chakra. With arms raised above his head, and his palms wide open, Masayoshi would have to harness the fire chakra in a ball to redirect it elsewhere. "I'm too weak. Use your paper bombs to blow dirt on the fire. The debris from the destroyed earth should suffice in weakening the flames. After that, reduce them further with your Suiton. I don't know how long I can contain this fireball." Wincing, Masayoshi had the proficiency to keep the fireball stabilized above him, but that was all he could do. It would be up to Nakano to decrease the amount of the rest of the flames for Masayoshi to be able to make his next move. "You got this!" Highly resilient, although sweating, Masayoshi would smile once more.

HotelBravo

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by HotelBravo » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm

””

Kenpwnchi:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:19 pm

"Hmm."
They exchanged eye contact. To Nakano it seemed like he was trying to read her. ’Sizing me up hmm?’ She had nothing to hide, she had already revealed her inadequacies in this circumstance. His gaze seemed to take in the whole of her and a subtle smile crossed her lips. She liked being examined. The male gaze was something she enjoyed - it reminded her of how pretty she was, and of how powerful she was. His trance seemed to break when he spotted her headband that she wore on her waist. He pulled out his own headband and tied it. ’Is that really necessary right now?’ She couldn’t help but wonder. They had more pressing issue and she felt like they were wasting time.
Kenpwnchi:
"What kinda of ninja would I be without this?"
The gesture Masayoshi made towards his headbands made Nakano roll her eyes. She took no issue with wearing the headband, but rather it was the theatrics that accompanied it. After all, in a situation like this it was important to be able to identify a friend from foe quickly in high stress situations. Masayoshi should have been wearing it already in her mind. Konoha did seem to attract the heroic types. She wasn’t the heroic type, however. She much preferred the underworld that she had briefly touched. It was a place that welcomed someone of her proclivities.
Kenpwnchi:

"I actually am..."
"Right. Then allow me to lead the way."
"Katon: Zetsuen Jutsu (Fire Release: Insulation Technique)!"

Down to business. She turned with Masayoshi and looked at the expanding torrent. In quick succession completed a single handseal and unleashed a fire style jutsu. It was impressive feat to cast a jutsu with so few handseals. It was a testament to the level of his control. His Technique began to pull in the surrounding heat and flames into a ball of fire chakra. Nakano could feel the sheer intensity of the heat searing her skin. She covered her eyes with her arms as she felt the fire and the heat create rushes of hot air as it danced into the ball of fire. She was forced to move away from Masayoshi as he held his palms over his head. She briefly lost concentration on her chakra mask technique and dropped from both herself and Masayoshi. They would be threatened by the smoke in their lungs again if they didn’t hurry. Internally Nakano cursed herself for letting herself lose focus.
Kenpwnchi:

"I'm too weak. Use your paper bombs to blow dirt on the fire. The debris from the destroyed earth should suffice in weakening the flames. After that, reduce them further with your Suiton. I don't know how long I can contain this fireball."
Too weak?! Nakano gave a relenting grunt - he DID just gather up the entirety of the W I L D F I R E into a single place. It must have taken what amounted to a herculean level of effort. She could see his muscles tremble as his muscles seemingly squeezed every last ounce of chakra into his palms to keep the ball of flames in place. Her certainly didn’t give Nakano much time to think. This would require all five of her paper bombs. She would need to direct the blast in a direction away from the surrounding foliage. She was regretting that she had neglected her training with her shuriken-jutsu. She transferred four Kunai into her throwing arm and run back towards Masayoshi. She gritted her teeth at the sensation of the hot wind burning her as she got ever closer to its epicenter.

Finally she was standing next to Masayoshi. She threw four of the kunai so that one kunai was on each side of the ball of flames; North, South, East, West. Then finally following after a fifth kunai down the middle. As all five of the kunai reached the target Nakano pressed her handseals together. ”Kai!” All five of the explosive tags went off at one, creating a barrier of pressure from each direction, and one pushing up. She had altered the plan somewhat, that was nearly entirely because she did not have an affinity for Earth Release chakra. A cloud of dirt wouldn’t likely be able to handle a ball of concentrated chakra and flames. Instead they would need to somehow control the flames and redirect it. The explosions would detonate the ball of fire and direct it straight up into the stratosphere in a pillar of flame. The heat was still incredibly intense, and this in her mind still warranted her water jutsu.

She flashed through a combination of seals and inhaled - the water forming and coagulating to her chakra in her body. Then she spat out a ball of water which deformed into the shape of a fuuma shuriken. It flew up into the air and detonated into a spray of water - which absorbed the heat and almost immediately turned into steam. Nakano watched as the steam dissapitated with the steam. She glanced around at the scorched area of forest that had briefly threatened to burn out of control. It looked like things were finally settled. Nakano wiped her forehead, just now realizing the amount of sweat that had built up.

”That was some jutsu.” She said to Masayoshi. ”You certainly live up to the rank of jonin.Now we can discuss why you started a W I L D F I R E in the middle of the forest, in the middle of the day, hm? ”

850/750 +1 speed

Kenpwnchi

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by Kenpwnchi » Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:09 am

Masayoshi didn't intend to make Nakano skeptical of him, but it was, actually, true that he was "sizing her up", and trying to get a better idea at who he was working with; feeling unable to bond with others if he didn't know who they "truly" were. However, based off Nakano's smiling, Masayoshi would be under the impression to safely assume everything was okay. Masayoshi took note of Nakano rolling her eyes when he tied his headband around his head, but that was the least of his concern as they would, eventually, have to both switch their focus to the problem at hand. Masayoshi, stagnated by the pressure of the fireball's chakra, could only move his head; doing so to keep an eye on Nakano, and make sure she remains safe. Even if he had to sacrifice his life, Masayoshi would be more than eager and willing to preserve Nakano's life. As a Jōnin and the "Superhero of the Hidden Leaf", it was nothing more than Masayoshi's duty to do what he had to do, and all for the sake of others. Noticing the fire almost singeing Nakano's skin, Masayoshi would reduce its destructive potential to prevent himself from harming her; a testament to the absolute control that is necessary to do what he is doing. After completing the task given to her by Masayoshi, he would have to take cover. Quickly releasing the fireball from his control, Masayoshi would glance at the power of Nakano; she was able to "blow" the flames to smithereens. It was mesmerizing to watch drops of water splash down upon them; Masayoshi could feel a drizzle of water sprinkling against his skin, although the majority of the water had be converted into steam. The plan was a success and the wildfire had be stopped. Masayoshi admired Nakano's capabilities, and became enamored at the thought of what she could do next. However, before he knew it, Masayoshi would be faced with the real question of the day: how did the wildfire start? Closing his eyes and placing both hands behind his head, Masayoshi would grin comically despite feeling nervous deep down inside.
"Uhhh. You see. I can explain. I was training, but you know how things go when you use powerful techniques in close quarters. Haha. I apologize. Does this mean you're gonna tell the Konohagakure no Sato?"
Last edited by Kenpwnchi on Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

HotelBravo

[Open] W I L D F I R E

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:40 pm

Kenpwnchi:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:09 am
"Uhhh. You see. I can explain. I was training, but you know how things go when you use powerful techniques in close quarters. Haha. I apologize. Does this mean you're gonna tell the Konohagakure no Sato?"
’Should I tease him just a little bit?’ Nakano couldn’t help but muse to herself. There was just something about this fellow that made her want to push his buttons. She couldn’t explain it but a fox’s smile was the one the won out in the end as the wry express crossed upon her face. ”A powerful technique? So powerful that you need to train in secret hmm? One might even become…” She turned away from Masayoshi and tapped her lips with her fingers as though she were thinking of the word she should say next. ”...Suspicious, I think is the right word in this situation.” She turned her gaze back to Masayoshi. He was taller than she was, but it wasn’t by that much. She was used to people being taller than her, or at least well fed shinobi.

She removed the distance between herself and Masayoshi, and tried to press her body up against his. It was always an amusing reaction to see how boys and men reacted. This was a power that no amount of training would ever give you. It was the privilege of pretty men and women, and Nakano considered herself - no, Nakano KNEW that she was more than pretty. Why was she doing this now? To assert herself. A confirmation to herself that she was still beautiful, and a display of power. It was a game, after all. How much control could she assert over Masayoshi. Would he bend like string and wrap around her fingers like so many other men? It was a shame that he had given her all the leverage in this brief conversation, otherwise maybe she would have approached him with more respect. ”I think I just might have to report this to my superiors in the village. This land may belong to the village but it also belongs to the clans in Konoha. We wouldn’t want to start a Clan Feud over a mishap that had an unknown culprit… unless…?”

Nakano would pull away from the man and turn her back to him. ”Maybe you have an interesting reason on why I shouldn't?” She would look over her shoulder at Masayoshi. She wanted to see the look on his face. Yes! that is what she lived for. She couldn't hide the wry smile behind the faux outrage in her own voice, but then she didn't really see tthe reason why someone wouldn't want this situation reported. The key was that he didn't want this reported and it was precisely that kind of thinking that endlessly amused Nakano.

Wc: 444

Return to “Fire Country”