More Than an Arm

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:24 pm

"What.... Did you put in my drink...?" Pride set his face into has hand, sweat forming on his forehead. His eyes met those of the bartender. She flashed a faint smirk.

"Oh. So you've noticed. People usually don't realize they've been drugged until after the effects take their toll. The fact that you're sweating shows you're actually trying to fight back." The bartender's lips were now formed into a slick grin.

"You'd think I'd pass the sudden bloodlust as simply the norm?" Pride replied with a grin of his own. "Why do this? Who do you work for?"

"Hmm... Very good questions." The bartender brushed him off and began to prepare another drink. She caught Pride getting up from the corner of her eye. "Ah ah ah. Your will can only hold you for so long. If you get excited, you might find yourself unpredictable. I suggest you get out of here before you hurt somebody."

"Damn... it..." Pride turned around and staggered out of the bar. The bartender hid her smile behind her hand.

Pride stood at the edge of the cliff. He felt so alive. At first, he fought the drug, but in hindsight, the effects were really lifting. Whatever was in his drink, he liked it. He just might stop by the bar and grab another once the buzz wore off, but in the meantime, the feelings of murder were really eating at him. He'd have to kill something soon or else he'd go mad.

SaiyanCP9

More Than an Arm

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:49 pm

Amatsu was sitting in the bar a few seats down from where pride drinking. He had heard the conversation between pride and the bartender with little interest as thoughts swivelled through his mind.

I am closing in upon them, and the other members have yet to move. Once I close in upon the contract, and the Doragon-Hime. Using her to get the contract is plausible, however I doubt she will be easy to tame. Kara will almost assuredly be of little use against her, but.. Amatsu glanced toward the corner where Kara had her back turned to him, as she sat at a table, picking at a meal she didn't really want, she had never liked bar food and usually didn't eat or drink any of it. Amatsu turned his attention toward the bartender and continued to drink his tea, he had always found liquor to cloud one's judgement too much to be drunk in public or within enemy territory. This is an interesting experience, I am able to feel this drug pumping through my system attempting to change my body into a brutal bloodlust, and yet this seal is absorbing all of the effects, all of the negativity I feel, however this pleasant sensation, it is intoxicating, my seal is incapable of sealing away happiness. However at this rate I am worried the seal will break, that would be disastrous to happen in the middle of my home country.

Amatsu motioned to Kara, to leave the bar first, as Kara walked out, Amatsu silently followed out a few minutes later, by rising and walking through the wooden oak doors, leaving the stunned bartender to look in in wonder at what had kept the drug from affecting him.
Enter at own riskShow

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:01 pm

The clouds above Pride began to settle over him. This phenomenon was frequent in this region. Kumogakure no Sato was hidden in the clouds, after all. Pride took a breath of it. Kumogakure was indeed high above everything. It was a city that rested in clouds. It was like heaven. But it wasn't heaven. It wasn't even slightly heaven.

Pride stretched his arm out above him and clenched, trying to grab something intangible.

"I guess you could call this heaven, but if this is all there is, I'd rather be in hell...." Pride laughed a bit and ignited his arm. He walked into the forest, touching trees as he passed them. The wood began to glow. "Yup. I'd rather be in hell...."

SaiyanCP9

More Than an Arm

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:49 am

Amatsu went outside the bar where Kara was standing, pickpocketing what appeared to be a knocked out man bleeding behind a tree where it was clear she had dragged him. "Bah he doesn't even have enough money worth taking!" Kara stated as she through his wallet back at him. An inquisitive look from Amatsu was all she needed before answering "He tried to get me to give him a lapdance and then had the nerve to try groping me!!" Amatsu noticed a kunai protruding from the mans left hand. "Let's go we are not here to draw attention." Kara wondered why her boss hadn't said anything more like he normally would have, but figured he must have lightened up after being back in his home country. Amatsu knew better, he was still under the intoxicating effects of the drug which lifted his usually state of mind greatly, at the moment he could hardly think straight. As he and Kara walked down the path, Amatsu motioned Kara to hide behind a tree. To Amatsu's far right was a man at a cliff, the same man he had seen in the tavern. Amatsu was in high need to let loose a little before the drug overwhelmed him and he lost control, he didn't want a repeat incident of his last stay in the Lightning country. He moved slowly behind the man, and caught him saying "rather be in hell..". Amatsu spoke from behind the man "And how would you like to enter there."
Enter at own riskShow

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:38 am

"And how would you like to enter there?"

Pride smiled a bit after hearing that. Dinner. Before he made his move, he tried to lock on to his surroundings. He could tell by the shuffling that There was another person. Great. It's been a while since he'd been in some actual worthwhile combat. He hoped these people wouldn't disappoint him.

Pride dropped his arms to his sides, allowing the Kodachis in his sleeves to slip into his hands. Before his opponent could react, he ghosted behind him. Pride took the opportunity to exploit the man's half-second of stun to launch him into the forest. He unleashed two bakuhas, but his assailant never let his guard down. Though he was sent flying, he took no damage whatsoever. Pride grimaced at this fact, but still, his opponent was in the forest. That's all he needed. He gestured at the girl who stood at the side.

"You're invited too." Pride grinned. The air below his feet began to stir. He followed after the man he attacked. By this time, the small hidden fires sprung up. The woods would become charcoal.
SpoilerShow
Jutsu:
Debiru Batto Gostu – Devil Bat Ghost
C-Rank
A special feint technique developed by Shokyaku. Charging straight at the target, Shokyaku feints a predictable movement in which the target follows, however, using Fuuton, bursts at top speed, getting behind his opponent. The wind currents generated from this technique cover Shokyaku’s presence, making it look like he literally “ghosted” through the target.

Bakuha – Explosion
D-Rank
One of the four basic techniques of Kaen Seiha. The force of the explosion is directed away from the user using Fuuton. Consequently, the destructiveness of the blow is reduced to more of a pressure than an explosion. If the user’s body isn’t firmly planted, Bakuha can cause recoil that would jet the user back. Like Kasai Mori, Bakuha is usually discharged at the palm or at the heel.

Ruika – Acceleration
D-Rank
Be emitting constant bursts at the soles of his feet, Shokyaku can exponentially increase his speed. This technique is often combined with Debiru Batto Gostu to make the feint less predictable.

SaiyanCP9

More Than an Arm

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Amatsu went zooming backwards into the forest with surprising force and pressure. Amatsu began to slow down, and regaine dhis footing upon the ground, although a bit shaken. He was unaware of his current surroundings in the forest as he looked forward to the burning tree's and his new opponent seemingly rushing towards him.

He's good, and fast, but it seemed like it was a jutsu, with his normal movements I would surmise mine would be faster, but he is not to be underestimated. Think quickly, he has swords, hand to hand combat would be futile, Kara may be able to assist, but he pushed me away from her, there was pressure, that seems like wind pressure, and the forest is definately on fire, so he's coming at me now, time for my response.

Amatsu performed some quick handseals as the enemy came towards him through the forest, and opened his mouth, his face still hooded, and began releasing waves of a crushingly huge quantity of water. As he finished sending the jutsu forth, he quickly jumped atop the last wave he sent forth, riding on top of the wave, using it to control the water, aware that he was dangerously close to the edge of the cliff, behind him.

Kara watched as her boss was surprisingly taken offguard and sent flying into the forest. Holy Sh*t, I have never seen anyone pull off something like that on the boss before. Kara heard the strangers invitation, but knew I can't take this guy, but boss ain't dead over something like that, I gotta see how I can back him up. Kara thought as she created her bullet readied an arrow. Kara then saw waves of water coming from the forest, Sh*t, I have to get to high ground. Kara thought as she began running up the tree she was hiding behind, her arrow still knocked and ready to be fired.
SpoilerShow
*Suiton • Baku Suishouha [Bursting Water Collision Waves]
B-ranked Ninjutsu
Suiton • Baku Suishouha is a Ninjutsu technique utilizing the Water Element. After forming the needed handseals, the user will expel water from his gullet. This will then expand into a large volume of water. The user can control the water by riding on top of the waves.

~Raiton • Raikou "Tama": Chuui [Lightning Element • Lighning "Bullet": Medium]
Prerequisite: Corresponding Chakra affinity, Raiton • Raikou "Tama": Puchi[Lightning Element • Lighning Bullet: Small]
Using the "Tama" Kurie-shon bloodline limit, the user concentrates on a point either in the palm of their hand or in their launcher weapon of choice. A medium-sized yellow "bullet" is then formed in the launcher or in their palm, ready for use. Similar to the Raiton • Raikou "Tama": Puchi[Lightning Element • Lighning Bullet: Small], the "bullets" created by this jutsu are bigger and stronger than the Puchi "bullets."
Enter at own riskShow

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:01 am

The enemy finally regained stable footing and spun himself around to face Pride. The flames that surrounded them were completely put out by the giant bodies of water the man expelled from his mouth. Afraid of being overcome by the gushing waves, Pride jolted up the nearest tree which soon fell over from the weakening of the fire and the force of the water.

Pride stood upon the now floating log, realizing that he lost sight of his opponent.

"Aren't you a slippery one?" He was annoyed. Pride sent a burst of wind through his feet, burying the log, as well as rocketing him high above the ground, trying to relocate his prey from a bird's eye view.
SpoilerShow
Kakuu Kensei - Aerial Feint
C-Rank
While in midair, Shokyaku sends a burst of chakra though a body part, creating a wind propelling him in the opposite direction. Larger bursts propel him farther distances.

SaiyanCP9

More Than an Arm

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Amatsu Stood on a wave of his temporary sea pushing the currents onward toward the direction where the enemy nin had stood previously, knocking down tree after tree, destroying the lush forest. Amatsu saw directly in front of him, his opponent go soaring into the air, his original point of launch, blocked due to waves. Amatsu urged forth the wave he was controlling as his opponent went soaring into the air, to get a better lock on him, as he did a few handseals, and approximated his future position based upon the acceleration due to gravity, however

I can only roughly estimate his initial velocity, as well as mine, and the angle is unknown, so a bigger shot would be better in this case, and if he cannot dodge it of his own skill, then I must be in serious trouble to get caught off-guard by a fool like this. finished Amatsu's thought process as he quickly performed handseals, and then brought his hand up to his mouth, and launched a huge fireball at his target location.

Kara kept her feet solidly on a branch as wave after wave hit the tree and knocked it forward. Kara quickly repositioned her onto the trunk and ran downwards onto the roots as the tree began spinning due to the current. It was all Kara could do to keep her footing, and from falling into the newly formed body of water, where she would drown by staying in the water, or be killed by the current slamming her into the fallen trees and colliding logs, as she jumped from fallen tree to fallen tree. Desperate to stay out of the water, Kara continued moving from tree to tree keeping hold of her bow and arrow.
SpoilerShow
*Katon • Goukakyuu no Jutsu [Fire Element • Great Fireball Technique]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Katon • Goukakyuu no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilizing the Fire Element. The ninja does the necessary hand seals, draws chakra from their mouth into their chest and them immediately exhales it. They then blow a stream of fire which erupts into a large sphere of flames. To better manage the flames the ninja will bring their hand to their mouth to control it.
Enter at own riskShow

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Pride noticed the fireball flying at him. The jutsu practically gave away the opponent's position.

"Did you just shoot a FIRE BALL at ME? Please. Who the hell do you think you're dealing with?" Pride gave an annoyed chuckle, once again sending himself flying with another burst of air, only this time, straight on route with the fireball flying at him and his opponent.

Pride extended his arm as he flew. Just as the fireball collided with his extended palm, Pride sent his own surge of flames, dispersing the fireball through its center. He landed on a log right across from his opponent.

"Found you." He smirked. He placed his foot on the water's surface. "Tell me how you like this." The water beneath Prides foot began to freeze over. The trail quickly extended to beneath his opponent, erupting into a giant ice spike from below him.
SpoilerShow
Quote:
Kakuu Kensei - Aerial Feint
C-Rank
While in midair, Shokyaku sends a burst of chakra though a body part, creating a wind propelling him in the opposite direction. Larger bursts propel him farther distances.

Kasai Mori – Dire Flame Lance
E-Rank
One of the four basic techniques of Kaen Seiha. Kasai Mori is usually discharged at the palm or at the heel. The fire is narrow and long in shape and roughly extends to about 2 meters in a linear direction. It acts more like a flame thrower than a lance.

Ura Katon – Reverse Fire Release
A-Rank
A technique developed by Shokyaku to apply to fire-based techniques. Shokyaku is one of few to discover Katon’s ability to manipulate heat. Building off that, Shokyaku formulated Ura Katon, a form of Katon with de-heating properties. Ura Katon is augmented to the fire produced the Kaen Seiha to produce a violet flame. This flame is composed of the Ura Katon and instead of generating natural fire effects, produces an effect similar to flash freezing. The technique cannot produce ice itself, but when it comes into contact with liquid substances, the instantly ice over.

Oni Sentou – Demon Spire
B-Rank
Shokyaku sends a surge of chakra beneath the surface of whatever he’s standing on. After traveling for 2~5 meters, it explodes upwards into a pillar of fire, bursting through the ground. The resulting spike is around three meters long.

SaiyanCP9

More Than an Arm

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:32 am

What a loud and arrogant person, but his skills are genuine. If he is from Kumogakure no Sato, then his skills are relatively new, in my days in the anbu information department, I have never heard of an ice user, although i suspect there is much more to this, the fireball I shot was not pushed away by more power, but it seemed to have collapsed as if the area in front of it was drastically colder. To deal with this Amatsu flooded his hand with chakra as the ice came closer to him, as it erupted beneath him, Amatsu moved back a little and attacked the spike with a powerful explosion out of his fist to shatter the ice. Amatsu then jumped further back on top of the water while performing hand seals, sending feathers falling down around his opponent.

Kara who had been struggling while moving from rolling log to rolling log eventually caught a rhythmic balance with her movements. Kara had seen the enemy illuminated in the air by the light of the fireball. Kara had lost sight of him when he landed into the water and then hastened to move forward toward the enemy. Kara had caught sight of him as feathers fell around him, Ok looks like boss has got this, so I am gonna just get rid of this. Kara slammed her arrow into the tree to negate the raiton bullet, before pulling it out and leaving it in her quiver.

SpoilerShow
* Ryuusai Sentou [Meteor Punch]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After completing a short set of hand seals the user will flood their entire fist with katon chakra. As they do this their hand will be engulfed in searing hot flames. They will then put all of their body weight and force into a single punch, but as they complete this initial attack the flames engulfing the user’s hand will explode violently forward. This powerful blast is about three times as powerful as an exploding tag and is capable of burning through trees and has enough force to break concrete.

*Nehan Shouja no Jutsu [Temple of Nirvana Technique]
A-ranked Genjutsu
Nehan Shouja no Jutsu is a Genjutsu technique that allows the caster to place a large body of people into an unconscious state. The jutsu starts with feathers falling down, and, if the opponent is good enough in genjutsu, they will be able to realize this jutsu and use Kai.
Enter at own riskShow

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 pm

In reaction to the ice and feathers flying at him, he extended both arms and shot a stream of fire out of his palms and mouth, melting the ice and turning it into steam. He signed Kai, forcing the feathers to vanish. "Sorry, but I've seen that trick before."

Pride stared down his opponent. He really would have his hands full with this one. "Now, lets see you dodge this." Pride's feet still firmly planted on the water, he summoned forth two more ice pillars, all the while gathering chakra in his left arm. As the pillars burst from the water's surface, he launched his Air Missile straight at his opponent. He hoped this would do it.
SpoilerShow
Quote:
Kasai Mori – Dire Flame Lance
E-Rank
One of the four basic techniques of Kaen Seiha. Kasai Mori is usually discharged at the palm or at the heel. The fire is narrow and long in shape and roughly extends to about 2 meters in a linear direction. It acts more like a flame thrower than a lance.

Hi Iki – Fire Breath
E-Rank
One of the four basic techniques of Kaen Seiha. Hi Iki is discharged from the mouth and, of the Kaen Seiha techniques, is the most flexible. Unlike Kasai Mori which is discharged in a linear direction, for the duration that Hi Iki is used, direction can be changed along with the head movement. Hi Iki extends to roughly 3 meters if held in a single direction.

*Kai [Release]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Kai is a Ninjutsu technique which allows the ninja to avoid the effects of a Genjutsu illusion. After forming the needed handseals, the Genjutsu technique will not affect the ninja. The ninja can also use the technique on another individual who was unable to avoid the attack. After forming the needed hand seals, the ninja touches the one affected to end the affect of the spell.

Ura Katon – Reverse Fire Release
A-Rank
A technique developed by Shokyaku to apply to fire-based techniques. Shokyaku is one of few to discover Katon’s ability to manipulate heat. Building off that, Shokyaku formulated Ura Katon, a form of Katon with de-heating properties. Ura Katon is augmented to the fire produced the Kaen Seiha to produce a violet flame. This flame is composed of the Ura Katon and instead of generating natural fire effects, produces an effect similar to flash freezing. The technique cannot produce ice itself, but when it comes into contact with liquid substances, the instantly ice over.

Oni Sentou – Demon Spire
B-Rank
Shokyaku sends a surge of chakra beneath the surface of whatever he’s standing on. After traveling for 2~5 meters, it explodes upwards into a pillar of fire, bursting through the ground. The resulting spike is around three meters long.

Bakyumu Misairu – Vacuum Missile
B-Rank
Using Fuuton, Shokyaku generates a fierce swirling wind current in contained missile shape. The resulting super current acts like a vacuum, tearing at anything that collides with its winds. Shokyaku then launches it with chakra at high speeds. At peek speed, Bakyumu Misairu can tear through rock.

SaiyanCP9

More Than an Arm

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:13 am

Amatsu looked at his opponents techniques and immediately noticed He is using the water to his advantage, in which case I might as well release the jutsu, but only if this next attempt fails. Amatsu jumped to his right a top one of the waves in the large body of water. Even if he can use the water to his advantage, he can't freeze it all, and so long as I am riding atop a wave I control the water, however trying to control all of it other than this wave I ride upon would be pointlessly distracting. Amatsu moved the wave he stood upon to the right and out of harms way as fast as he could with a shunshin, before doing a few handseals and seeming to vanish into the air.

Kara had seen from the distance that the water was starting to move, and that the enemy had kai'd the genjutsu. So he's seen it before, but boss dissappeared which means I shouldn't do anything untill his presence becomes clear. Kara then knocked her arrow and waited for a signal from her boss.
SpoilerShow
*Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Shunshin no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance.

*Magen • Jubaku Satsu [Demonic Illusion • Tree Binding Death]
B-Ranked Genjutsu
Jubaku Satsu is a Genjutsu technique utilized by [Insert Your Character's Name here]. After forming the needed hand seals, the user will disappear and approach their target. Once near their target, a tree will grow at their feet and its branches will bind them so they can no longer move. Once the illusion makes them believe they are captured, the user will appear from the tree itself and stab their target with a kunai.
Enter at own riskShow

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:09 am

'Oh. I'm tired. This guy... He's a bit problematic. I guess it's time to go for broke...'

Pride stuck his hands together and formed the dragon seal. His Chakra began to concentrate at that spot, and then soon ignited into a glorious white fire. Pride grinned.

The tattoo on his back began to burn, he could feel the chakra receding into it. His decent into a devil had begun. It might not be pretty, but it sure as hell would be painful. For the other guy.

Pride pointed at his opponent, declaring war upon him, and then he gestured for him to come over.
SpoilerShow
Quote:
Shiro Enkou – White Flame
A-Rank
Shokyaku starts the technique by building chakra into his hands. After forming the dragon seal, both hands ignite, covered in a super heated white plasma. The white plasma burns at a low temperature, but does not require chakra from the user to keep burning. Shiro Enkou draws chakra from nature after being ignited. Shokyaku usually initializes this technique before Hyoukyo as to keep some form of chakra based edge while his chakra system is cut off.

Hyoukyo – Devil Possession
S-Rank
Hyoukyo is a technique developed by Shokyaku as a fight or flight mechanism, used only as a final measure in battles. Hyoukyo consists of three stages, their effects lasting only a few posts.

Stage One: Ignition
In Stage One, Shokyaku’s chakra system “Shuts Off” and begins storing itself into the tattoo on Shokyaku’s back. This is a gradual process which allows Shokyaku’s body to adapt to steadily decreasing stamina. In this stage, Shokyaku can only use the Kaen Seiha techniques. Ignition Stage lasts four posts.

Stage Two: Burn Up
In Stage Two, the Chakra built up in the tattoo reflows into the body, creating a sudden surge of stamina and energy. In this stage, Shokyaku cannot use any chakra based techniques and relies solely physical combat. (Ninjutsu -4, Genjutsu -4, Taijutsu +4, Strength +4) Burn Up stage lasts three posts.

Stage Three: Burn Out
In Stage Three, continuing from the effects of the Burn Up Stage, Shokyaku blacks out, losing all consciousness. Shokyaku abandons tactical fighting style for a more instinctual one, as brain functions relating to decision making shut off. Shokyaku goes literally berserk. (-4 Wit, +4 Speed). Burn Out Stage lasts two posts.

One the Burn Out stage ends, Shokyaku is automatically incapacitated. (Automatic Forfeit if the opponent still stands.)

Mr. Lion

More Than an Arm

Post by Mr. Lion » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 pm

(OOC: Saiyan's dead so I can't exactly continue this topic, HOWEVER, this was meant to be a burial topic for Pride, I'm going to jump ahead to his death and cash this in.)

He must have fought for a good hour in his possessed state, but he could tell it wore off. The past fifteen minutes was lost to him, and the rest of it was just a blur. What was he doing again? Oh yeah, that missing nin...

Sprawled across the face of a cold, charred log, Pride eased his eyes open. No, he didn't recognize his surroundings. They must have jumped scenes somewhere during the battle. He tried to peek around by turning his head- but no use. His body wasn't moving at all, an ending expected after activating Possession. Oddly enough, he felt nothing. No pain no warmth. There was a feeling eating at him, but it wasn't physical. And then it hit him.

He was getting colder.

Pride tried to peak over his own chin. Though not seeing the wound, he could see his own kodachi sticking out of his abdomen. Probably hurt like hell. Good thing he couldn't feel it.

Pride gave himself an ironic mental laugh. Drugs were never a good way to go about things.

Warmth started to bleed out of his body.

And then finally, one last breath.

Return to “Lightning Empire”