Mission: Plainclothes Salesmanship

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 am

The old couple waited patiently in front of their shop for the ninja that had been assigned to help get more customers for their shop. Despite their age, there was an aura of warmth that exuded from the both of them. It was hard not to feel happy around such a contented couple, especially one that had stood the test of time. The small but tidy shop remained closed behind them, awaiting the start of another day.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

Servant

Post by Servant » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Sato was on his way to the designated shop as he had been instructed. He was wearing something out of the ordinary as he'd been instructed that plain clothes would be more appropriate. He wore a nice, solid green colored shirt and slacks with normal black shoes.

He saw the two owners out front of their shop and made his way to them. "Hello. I've been sent to help you guys out today. How are both of you doing this morning?" Sato tried to be friendly and professional.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:12 am

The old couple noticed the man approaching and their eyes brightened up. The old man approached Sato with a smile and hand extended. "Ah! The shinobi is here, dear! Good morning, sir. My name is Jinsei, and this is my wife, Miloku."

The old woman saddled up beside her husband, a similar smile painted on her face as she extended her hand as well. "Hello, dearie. It's so nice of you to help us old folk."

Needless to say, they were quite a charming couple.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

Servant

Post by Servant » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 am

Sato smiled as the two elderly store owners came up to him. He wasn't terribly good with names, but he tried his best to memorize their names. "Its a pleasure to meet you both," Sato said as he shook their hands.

"Oh, think nothing of it. I'm just glad I am able to help. So what exactly is it you need me to do?
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:00 am

Jinsei reached down and handed Sato a leather satchel filled with fliers and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Just hand these out around the vlllage."

On the flier itself was a classic font displaying several mundane articles most likely sold at the store... and at the center was an enlarged picture of a ring with some rather familiar kanji inscribed on the inside of the ring. Set into the the top of the ring itself was a unique stone setting: a ruby, a sapphire, a brown agate, a canary diamond, and an emerald.
Active CharactersShow

Servant

Post by Servant » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:35 am

"Sounds simple enough," Sato said taking the satchel. He flipped it open and looked through the fliers. The gems caught his eye.

"Wow, this ring is really pretty. All the gorgeous stones. Doesn't look like something I could ever afford." Sato mentioned, chuckling a little.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:14 am

Jinsei nodded. "Ah! So the ring has caught your eye. That ring has been with my family's shop for several generations, spanning back to the dark times before the formation of the villages. It's odd that no one has bought it... but I don't worry too much about it. One day, it will find an owner."

The village was beginning to stir as more people began to pour into the streets and the sun rose ever higher over the horizon.
Active CharactersShow

Servant

Post by Servant » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 am

"I'm sure it will find a home too," Sato said, noticing more people walking around. "I guess I should get to work. I'll see you both later." Sato said, waiting for a response. If the couple didn't give one within a suitable amount of time, Sato would just head off towards a small group of people.

"Hello. How are you folks doing today? I'm just passing out some fliers for a local shop here in the village." He started handing them to people who were willing to take them. "We would love to see you there."
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 am

At first, the people he approached seemed to take little interest in the flier, but once they saw the large ring that served as the centerpiece for the advertisement, they were singing a different tune. Three people, a middle-aged couple and an older woman, doubled back and took a closer look at the flier, noticing some of the other articles noted on the paper.

The man turned to the old woman, a curious grin on his face. "Hey, Ma. Didn't you say you wanted another parasol? Maybe these guys might have one you would like."

The old woman peered at the flier and her eyes lightened up. "Oh, that's Jinsei-san's store! We should go visit anyways; I haven't seen him or his wife in quite some time."

With that, the three headed towards the store. Seemed like things were starting out pretty well.
Active CharactersShow

Servant

Post by Servant » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:45 am

Sato was glad that he was helping, even if it was only a few people at a time. He knew every little bit helped and thats all he could do. He made his way over to a few other people and began to speak to them, as he had done with the last group.

"Good morning, I'm passing out some fliers for a local shop here in the village. We have a lot of unique things to purchase and we would love to see you there." He held the fliers out to people, hoping many people would take them. The ring and its glistening gems helped to attract people to the pieces of paper.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:25 am

Jinsei must have been a salesman in a previous life, because the fliers were being gobbled up faster than pancakes in an IHOP. The ring serving as the centerpiece caught the entrepreneurial eye of many of Kumo's citizens. By noon, Sato had covered that entire quadrant of the village.

Still, that left about three-fourths of the village to go. Sato had a long day ahead of him.
Active CharactersShow

Servant

Post by Servant » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:55 am

A large number had taken fliers and seemed genuinely interested in them and the store, but Sato realized that most of the people he was now seeing were the same people he'd already seen. So Sato decided to move to another part of the village.

He went north in an attempt to get to a different sector of the village. Once he arrived to a location that seemed to be bustling with a good number of people, he took out more fliers and attempted to give them out to different people.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 am

This area of Kumo was more of a residential area, so there were a LOT of families, many of them with children. This turned out to be a good thing.

As soon as the kids saw the large of jewelry at the center of the flier (especially the young girls), they begged their parents to get a copy who, in order to suppress the pleading shouts of their kids, relented and grabbed a flier.

There was still about half of the quadrant to cover after 45 minutes work. Get to it, man!
Active CharactersShow

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:24 am

(OOC: Sei failed.)
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

Return to “Lightning Empire”