Mission: Totem Crackerjack

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:19 am

Business was booming.

The bar had a live band playing, and the place was packed. The fauxtem pole was sitting to the right of the serving bar, looking like any normal totem pole.

Except there was something in that totem pole. Something you needed to retrieve.
Sunakimi, Yozora D-rank RoninMinor Country#D2A846
Senju, YamabikoGeninKonohagakure no Sato#9370D8

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:47 am

Sakaki had traveled nearly a week, through all sorts of terrain. There were the forests of her home country, and the plateaus and fields of those surrounding. She's passed over snowy terrain and rocky terrain and finally made it to the mountainous Lightning Country. She'd had a whole week to work out a plan. She knew that, looking like a little girl and all, she would not have an easy time of blending in. The bar itself was part of a town or village built on a valley, resting between two mountains. Sakaki didn't want to stand out as a child or as a ninja, and so before entering the village at all, Musubihime stored her Hitai-ate away in her weapons pouch. Then, finding a quiet alley where no one could see her, she used a Henge technique to transform herself into a very mean and scruffy-looking old man.

Walking into the bar, Sakaki realised that if she simply stood in the entrance, obviously looking for something, that she would give herself away, and so instead the girl approached the bar, stifling a giggle when she saw herself in a nearby mirror. "I'd like -- um, I mean," Sakaki cleared her throat, and when she started speaking again, it was with whar she hoped was the gruff, gravelly voice of a man who had seen it all. Really, though, it probably sounded more like a little girl trying to sound like her daddy. "Uh, gimme, uh... the strongest ya got." Sakaki didn't know that much about drinks, but she decided a good, vague request like that couldn't possibly get her into trouble, right?

There were lots of people in the bar, and Sakaki hoped that she could take a chance to look around and spot her target now.
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Jesamin, SakakiKonohagakureJounin-[color=#ff34b3]
[color=3cc8800]Samata, Jiigo[/color][color=3cc8800]SunagakureGeninNefarious
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=#cc8800]Aoichio, Sensuke
KumogakureChuunin-[color=#CD4F39]Shirou, IrukaKirigakure
Genin-[color=#0080ab]Sakebi, IshiIwagakure
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:06 am

The barkeep slammed down a shot glass of a very brown, very smelly liquid in front of the 'old man' before continuing to help his other customers. "Enjoy."

Just then, the live band started playing a hardcore metal riff, and the crowd packed into the bar started getting very excited, bumping into eacother as they danced and jumped. One very, very large man bumped into Sakkaki's back as he shoved another man, presumably a friend of his, into the crowd.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:40 am

Grabbing her drink and deciding not to thank the barmen (because scruffy old men weren't always very polite,) Konoha's Glitter Princess made to approach the target. She got bumped, hard, and stumbled forward a bit, a little of her drink spilling on the counter. Sakaki looked grumpily in the direction of the man who had pushed her, but decided not to get involved in a fight. Just like she had been told in her briefing, she didn't want to get involved in any sort of combat scenario where someone could get hurt! Of course, she wouldn't want to be mean to anyone anyway.

Instead, the girl just took what was left of her drink and went on her way, trying to force her way through the thinnest portions of the crowd -- mostly by staying close to the bar -- and found her way to a table which happened to sit next to the totem pole.

Upon finally arriving, the child would sit right next to it, rapping on various areas of the pole to check for hollowness. Upon finding a hollow area, she would have a general idea for the location of it's opening, and from there could find how the pole had been opened for the information to be placed inside, and could then extract it with ease. If she was lucky, she could be in and out with little incident at all. She was wary of the crowd, trying to be inconspicuous with her knocking and rapping all the while on the look out for an enemy who supposedly had stored the information in the first place. The last thing she needed was some missing ninja getting all protective.
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:36 am

It was just then that the band stopped playing for a small break, and it didn't take long for the crowd to bumrush the bar. They wanted to get their drink orders, and hopefully their drinks, before the band started playing again. Of course, this crowd of people all didn't have room next to the bar, so they were crowding as close as they could to it, and swarmed around the table that Sakaki was at.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:58 am

Just as the girl extended her hand, the band stopped, and then people seemed to swarm the bar, and that meant swarming Sakaki as well. Her knocking had to stop, and so she just looked on at the crowd, staring grumpily and gruffly and impatiently at all the people that came in. It was very noisy, and she couldn't hear the tapping and thumping. She couldn't really hear it very good when the band was playing either.

Sakaki took a drink as she considered the situation. Well, I can't hear it, but I could put my hand on the other side of it, and -- OH MY -- WHAT ON EARTH-- UUUGGGH! Violently spitting, even holding back a little throw up in her mouth, coughing and spluttering and hacking. She groaned and even whimpered a little, her lower lip quivering. Her whole mouth and throat burned, and her tummy squirmed with sick from the gross drink. "Ugh... Gross gross gross gross gross!" She made a face, sticking out her tongue, and then realized where she was and what she was doing, silencing herself and trying to put on her former grumpy expression.

She looked around, trying to see how noticed that was. She would certainly seem an odd type! She blushed heavily out of embarrassment -- people may even have been staring at her! But the child kept on with her grumpy expression, trying to maintain the facade from before.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:59 pm

The place was too packed for the 'old man' to catch the attention of the entire bar, but those in the immediate area definitely got distracted by Sakaki's little mishap. Thankfully, however, her fellow patrons assumed that he was having some kind of old man coughing fit. A younger woman approached him, leaned over so that they were eye level, and spoke up in an alarmed tone. "Like, oh mai gawd! Are you okay?!"

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:15 am

Sakaki blushed a bit in her embarrassment, but it passed quickly as she realized that not too many people noticed. A young woman -- she looked to be about... Eighteen, Nineteen, maybe -- bent down over the table at which Sakaki sat, and asked if she was okay. The woman's breath smelled like how the drink tasted, and it made the child crinkle up her nose. After a coughing fit, it was easier to make that gravelly voice she needed. "No, no, I'm fine, it's just that old cough o' mine." Sakaki had an idea then, and groaned as she stood up, placing a hand on her back to appear arthritic. "I just gotta stand up is all, but -- Agh... My ol' back never likes me after one a' those fits."

She placed her hands around the totem pole in such a way as to make it seem like "he" was supporting "himself," grumbling about the old arthritis and how it must be about to rain soon, or else his cough wouldn't be actin' up like this. Her hands started tapping on the totem pole, and the girl was able to continue her search for the hollow spot.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 am

Sakaki blushed a bit in her embarrassment, but it passed quickly as she realized that not too many people noticed. A young woman -- she looked to be about... Eighteen, Nineteen, maybe -- bent down over the table at which Sakaki sat, and asked if she was okay. The woman's breath smelled like how the drink tasted, and it made the child crinkle up her nose. After a coughing fit, it was easier to make that gravelly voice she needed. "No, no, I'm fine, it's just that old cough o' mine." Sakaki had an idea then, and groaned as she stood up, placing a hand on her back to appear arthritic. "I just gotta stand up is all, but -- Agh... My ol' back never likes me after one a' those fits."

She placed her hands around the totem pole in such a way as to make it seem like "he" was supporting "himself," grumbling about the old arthritis and how it must be about to rain soon, or else his cough wouldn't be actin' up like this. Her hands started tapping on the totem pole, and the girl was able to continue her search for the hollow spot. She wasn't using sound, however: It was more about feeling. The reverberations would be different in a hollow area, and probably wouldn't travel around to the other side for her other hand to feel. So once her hand tapped and she didn't feel it, she knew that she would have found the hollow area.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:03 am

Finding the hollow spot wasn't hard, but there was more than one. The totem pole was made up of five sections, each sitting on top of each other, and the bottom two were hollow. No visible cracks or openings were present, which probably meant that the opening was at the bottom of the totem pole.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 am

>_> I'm only just noticing that double post, my bad.

Sakaki was able to deduce quickly enough that the opening was at the bottom. Then, it was just a matter of finding a way to get into it. It seemed like the best way to do it would be to tip it up, but that would draw an awful lot of attention. Of course, tipping it up and intentionally looking into it, reaching her arm up would both make her susceptible to any traps inside, and also make it obvious that she was looking for something in particular, rather than being able to conceal it as an accident.

The girl righted herself, letting herself wobble a bit on the pole, hopefully loosening it's balance before -- before toppling right over it! The girl pretended to fall over, as a wobbly old man who's maybe had a couple of drinks before coming to this bar would. It seemed as though "he" was reaching out to catch it, for support, when in reality, Sakaki was trying to take it down.

If she managed to make it fall like that, Sakaki would land in such a way as to get a good look at the inside, inspecting it for traps and things like that. If none were to be found, she should be able to just reach her hand right in and take it, and then it would just be a matter of getting out and returning home safely.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Sakaki's attempts were sort successful. The pole fell, just as planned, and actually attracted very little attention. It drew a few glances, and the bar tender started walking over once he realized what had happened (both to return the totem pole to it's spot, and to help the old man). And the pole fell just how Sakaki wanted it to.

The only problem was that there was a hinged, latched door at the base of the totem pole, blocking her sight of the inside.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:16 am

As quickly as a little Sakaki could, the child, recognizing the the latch -- and holding in "owies" over a knee which had been bumped in the fall -- Used one of the strings she kept with herself, using her Koudo Ayatsuito technique to open the door as she backed away like an old man with a bad back would. This way, the door would open from a bit of a distance, and Sakaki would be safe from any explosives or other traps that came of it -- or at the very least would have time to react.

If nothing came of it after a couple of seconds, Sakaki would send glitter from one of her pouches in to retrieve the intel, rather than reach up there herself. Glitter would be hard to detect, especially in a crowded, smokey bar, dimly lit with most of the patrons eying each other rather than the floor. It would certainly be less obvious than an old man reaching his arm up inside of a totem pole. That aside, it would protect her from any traps inside of the totem pole.

If all was successful, the glitter would have gone to the very end of the hollow spot, and emptied the entire thing. This would prevent decoy intel from being taken while more was left inside.

And if all of this was successful, Sakaki would stand, hiding any intel she could inside of her weapon's pouch, and then leave the bar as quickly -- but discreetly -- as she could.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Before the girl had a chance to pull the latch open, however, the bartender reached the totem pole and set it up right. He then bent over, picked up the wire, and handed it to the old man. "Hey, you okay? I think you dropped this."

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:59 am

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, but you just went and crushed my meds!" Sakaki had to think on her feet, and looked in a grumpy fashion at the bartender. "I dropped them when I feel, and they fell under the totem pole you just stood back up, son!" She crossed her arms and looked at him in a grumpy fashion. "Those were my last pills, and if I don't take em... well, I gotta get to those meds. Can ya help an old timer out? They probably got crushed to powder after you stood that thing up on it, so it might take me a bit to get it all together. Just lift it up a bit and I'll have my meds in a minute!" She was hoping she could count on him to be helpful -- if not, she would have to take a more blunt approach.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:23 am

The barkeep looked towards his long line of patrons, and then looked at the old man apologetically. "Look, guy, I'm sorry, but I gotta get back to the bar. Feel free to dig around under there for your meds, though. I'm gonna have a riot soon if I don't start serving drinks." And, with that, he headed back to the bar to begin serving drinks.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 am

"Well... I'll just get 'em myself, then." She furrowed her brow, crinkling up her less-than-little-looking Sakaki nose, and pushed against the pole again, Making it lean. She bent down a bit, so that it could look like she was doing the work herself, but in reality, her wire would once again work at opening the bottom of the pole for her.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:00 am

The bottom of the totem pole came right open, it had no lock of any sort. As soon as the latch came open, a variety of items spilled out onto the floor. There were 3 small scrolls, 1 larger scroll, and various other items such as a few stuffed animals and a yo-yo. It seemed to be less of a secret stash and more of a packrat's treasure trove.

The opening of the latch caught the attention of a man on the far side of the bar, who immediately began forcing his way through the crowd in order to get to the totem pole and old man.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:48 pm

They all fell out, and Sakaki gasped -- giggled, a bit -- at the toys and things that had come out. Sakaki wasn't stupid: She knew that the toys dropped could be holding additional intel. She picked it all up, scooping it up as best as she could, and began to make her way to the entrance. Seeing, however, that someone was making their way to her, Musubihime decided it best to take an alternate route. Fishing through her weapons pouch, she fished out a single vial of red glitter and left it on the ground, before jumping out the nearest window. If it was open, she'd simply slip through, and if it was closed... Well, her approach would be less subtle.

If her escape was successful, she would ignite just a couple shards of red glitter -- not enough to kill or harm anyone, or damage the store, but enough to maybe bruise a couple of people in the nearby area, and also to cause a distraction of patrons in panic and a bartender trying to figure out who did what to his bar.

Sakaki would use her body flicker at that point to get herself as far away from the bar as she could. She didn't wunna hafta fight anybody, and also she wanted to get this home as quickly as she could. She would seal, a safe distance away from the bar, and make of herself a Musubi Bunshin to wait nearby. The clone would serve as a fine distraction while the girl herself got away.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 am

OOC:
Don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself? <___<

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 pm

I edited to make it riddled with "if" and "would". The post is still pretty much the same, but now it conditionalizes Sakaki's escape, rather than makes it so.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:44 pm

When Sakaki reached for the window, she found a tall, suspicious looking man standing in the way. His attire didn't immediately reveal him to be a missing nin, but, if he was, it was probably a smart idea for him to not dress as such. "Look, ya old fart, where do you think you're going with my stuff?"

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:59 am

ooc:
D= It's always gotta be the hard way....
The man stood in front of Sakaki, between herself and the window. The girl's mind began it's work quickly. He looks kinda big, but not gi-huge-ic, I don't know how fast he is, and I certainly don't want to hurt a civilian! Hmm... I need to figure out if he's the enemy ninja, or if he's just a civilian. If he's just a meany from town, I can get around him easy! Very gently, Sakaki placed the gathered items on a table beside her, and made a short series of hand seals as she spun around, her hair kicked up with the motion. She would know enough about the man soon.

She spoke, to keep him occupied, but listened to what he said as well. "Hey pal, I'm just trying to see what sorts of treasures I've just discovered. I don't know what makes you think they're yours, seeing how I found 'em and all, buddy." She was trying to look scary and mean... but this was not a look Sakaki pulled off very well. "How about you back off and let me get out, eh? Then there won't be any trouble for ya."

Sakaki noted that they were close together. She could smell him, and figured that he could probably smell her too, and made a mental note of it for later.

jutsuShow
13. Taiwainai Issaku Bunpai-- Silly Plan Sharing
Range: Long Range
type: genjutsu
Hand Seals: I-Tori-Inu-Saru.
Description: Taiwainai Issaku Bunpai is a genjutsu that affects the senses of sound, touch, and sight. While the opponent is under this genjutsu, they will constantly say whatever is at the forefront of their thoughts. They will neither feel their mouth moving, nor will they hear the words they say. If they attempt to speak, they will hear whatever it is they attempted to say, when in truth their mouth will have been busy with telling the user what they were thinking.

Being one of the few jutsu Sakaki uses without glitter, it is one to which she is unaccustomed to casting, and therefore easier to break. When breaking this genjutsu, it is treated as being casted by someone with 2 points less in genjutsu than what Sakaki has.

This genjutsu’s trigger rests in Sakaki’s hair: Sakaki may either touch the opponent with her hair, and the feeling of it will trigger the genjutsu, or else she will do a small little spinning motion, quickly enough as to make her hair twirl with her, and the image of that will be what triggers this illusion.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am

The genjutsu impacted the man immediately, and he began divulging the information on his mind. What he said wasn't too far from what he had intended to, albeit with a bit more information than he wished to give out. "Look, little man, those scrolls there hold vital information on the Fire Country, and one of my clients is paying me a rather large sum to hold it for him. You know, and I know, that this shit isn't yours. So how about you just hand it over?"

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:02 pm

(Bonus useless fact: I edited in Katsuo's mission)

Sakaki listened close to the man, and, still watching, sealed, as quickly as a little Sakaki could. Still, they were close to each other, and Sakaki decided to use that to her advantage. The enem yhad no doubt taken in the scent of her perfume -- Sakaki hadn't done anything to hide it -- and she could use that now as her trigger. She would finish this match quietly, and without hurting anyone so as not to cause a panic. She moved back some as she sealed, to better prepare herself for any counter-attack the enemy could get off before he attacked.

Once her jutsu took effect, the girl would speak. "You don't want to try and fight with me, little boy." Still, the child used her gruff old man voice. "I can drain every bit of energy you have in your body until you can't even lift a finger." Sakaki would back up at that point, still more, and look at the man. If things worked out until this far, the child would seal again, and purple glitter would cascade down onto the enemy's body. Still, the enemy, with luck, would be under two of her illusions at once, and the girl would speak. "You're having trouble even standing up right now, aren't you? Heh, maybe I over did it a bit with a wimpy little tyke like you."

The best part of this was, the man would have to speak all of his thoughts, thanks to Sakaki's first technique, and so if he was catching on to her tricks, she would be aware of it. He wouldn't be able to surprise the girl, now, which gave her the upper hand. Now, Sakaki could even interrogate her weakened enemy, and get extra information.

The first part was the most important. "Now, if you answer my questions honestly, I'll... I won't hurt you TOO bad. You're going to tell me who this client of yours is." Sakaki would watch him with a wary gaze, a seal held as she waited to activate the purple glitter if she needed to.

jutsuShow

4. Musubi Heki -- Glitter Burst!
type: ninjutsu
Hand Seals: I-Inu-Tori-Saru-Hitsuji
Description: Using this technique, Sakaki can summon bursts of about a hundred or so shards of glitter with which she can cast her techniques. The glitter, in her genin rank, would all have been one color, but in her training, Sakaki has learned to summon various types in a single jutsu. Sakaki has yet to devise a means of bringing out the red glitter without igniting it as it travels, and thus cannot summon the red. This glitter is summoned from Sakaki's home -- the very room in which she keeps her floppy hippos. This glitter is kept on many shelves, in hundreds of jars. Her supply is seemingly limitless. With each use of this technique, the child summons a tiny "poof" of it equal to about three vials of glitter.

(NOTE: This was used to summon only purple glitter, with possibly a few shards of orange in as well.)

14. Touhin Chikara - vanishing energy
Range: Mid-Range
type: genjutsu
Hand Seals: I-Tori-Inu-Saru.
Description: This is a genjutsu utilized by Jesamin Sakaki. Upon falling under this genjutsu, the victim will simply feel remarkably exhausted, both physically and emotionally. They will feel remarkably low on chakra, if not completely out of it, and find it difficult to go on. What’s more, the victim will believe, truly, that they are out of chakra, making the use of Kai seem more futile than truly it is. If they attempt to use Kai, it would not be impossible to break it, but mustering up chakra when one feels there is none is remarkably difficult, and will result in a great exertion, as they build up more than they need to, releasing more than they actually thought they had for the release.

Being one of the few jutsu Sakaki uses without glitter, it is one to which she is unaccustomed to casting, and therefore easier to break. When breaking this genjutsu, it is treated as being casted by someone with 2 points less in genjutsu than what Sakaki has.

This genjutsu’s activation rests in the sense of smell: Sakaki wears a special sort of perfume that smells of blooming cacti flowers. As the victim begins to take in the scent, and Sakaki performs the hand seals, it will induce a sort of relaxed feeling, and this is what triggers the illusion.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:43 am

The man laughed. "Are you that fucking dense, old man? Seriously, do you think that either I, or my contact, would be retarded enough to divulge our personal info? No, all an exchange like this needs is cash. I don't deal in names, or in faces, but in money. Now, give me my shit back, or I'll be forced to get brutal." Luckily for the man, and unluckily for Sakaki, the bar was far too filled with the smell of booze, sweat, smoke, and food for him to get a solid whiff of Sakaki's perfume.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 pm

>_> Seven, you're GREATLY underestimating these genjutsu.
Quote:
They will feel remarkably low on chakra, if not completely out of it, and find it difficult to go on.
They're B/A rank for a reason. He's more than "just a little tired." And again, the interrogation jutsu makes it so that he says everything on his mind, without realizing that he's saying it. He may have heard himself say that, but Sakaki should've heard a bit more. Like, even if the client really didnt give intel, she would hear exactly what he was thinking to himself. "What, he's actually got the balls to interrogate me? He should know that no client would be dumb enough to give a real name. Heh, gave me plenty of money for it, though. That's all that matters."

You're roleplaying this wrong, Seven. D=
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:49 pm

OOC:
I'm actually a bit insulted by that, Blarg. Misunderstanding your jutsu =/= roleplaying wrong. =\

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:46 am

My mistake. Sorry about that. I was nearing the end of all the places I needed to post and was excited to get a productive day out of the way, so when i saw I had to make a correction instead of moving forward, I just got impatient. I do need you to edit, though, if you could get to that soon.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:01 pm

OOC:
Edited~

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 am

The man was being very mean in the way he was talking, but Sakaki supposed if he was a missing ninja, he was probably just a mean person anyway. The enemy didn't seem at all affected by Sakaki's genjutsu, but then, maybe that made sense -- there were lots of other smells to smell. Sakaki would probably have had to spray him with her perfume to make him able to smell it, or else press her wrists against him or something.

Sakaki listened close, trying to draw this out as long as she could. Not only did she want more information on this enemy, but she was hoping more patrons would leave -- that closing time was drawing nigh. If this did break out into a fight, Sakaki didn't want to let anyone else get hurt. Hoping to make it last a while, she spoke again. "I might give you this stuff back , but I need answers, first. What's your name?" And, after the enemy answered that one, "How did you get this intelligence?" Because he was saying strictly what he was thinking, the answers may have been abstract, but intelligence like that was invaluable. In asking her questions, Sakaki was able to guide the way the enemy thought, which forced him to speak the truth about the things she needed to hear.

The objects were still placed on the table beside her, and so the girl would be able to defend them if she had to. With a thought, the red glitter she had dropped behind them went off -- not with a lot of concussive force, she wasn't aiming to injure anyone -- but the explosion would hopefully be large enough to cause a small amount of panic, making the patrons want to leave quickly. It was possible that there may be some nasty bruises to those nearest the explosion, and Sakaki felt sorry for that, but it was better then them getting hurted worse.

Before the explosion, however, there was one more piece of information that Sakaki wanted. Once the enemy finished speaking, Sakaki questioned further. "And how exactly do you plan to 'get brutal'? What will you attack me with?" Sakaki's questions now would prepare her for the combat scenario that seemed likely to follow. It was only after the man's response that she would ignite the red glitter, allowing a bit of confusion and panic. Sakaki sort of hoped that she could pick up the items and get lost in the crowd, after removing her transformation technique. The enemy would be looking for a grumpy old man, so a little girl would simply be ignored -- probably brought in by drunkard parents, trying and failing to be responsible.

(Note the use of the words hoped and would. Not getting ahead of myself this time. ^^)

Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 am

OOC:
You are still sort of getting ahead of yourself. You're RPing way too far in advance. You're asking a series of questions, setting off explosives, and running off into the crowd all before giving me a chance to respond.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:33 pm

The only thing I'm definitely doing is getting a response, and then if your attack consists only of words, setting off the explosion. The getting lost in a crowd thing is just something for you to go on after that, if things work out that way.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:10 am

OOC:
FFFFFFFF, I did this post earlier today. I must've forgot to hit "Add Reply" before closing the tab. =|

And then, last night, just as I was about to post, my Internet started having a fit. =\
The man was quickly becoming irate. "The name's Hensha, fuckwad. And didn't you get what I told you before? We don't exchange names in this business. I don't fucking know the name of the guy I got the intel from. He sold it to me, and I'm selling it to someone else. You're one dense motherfucker, you know that?" And, as if to answer the last question, Hensha lifted his foot in an attempt to kick the man square in he face.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 am

He was using mean words, and Sakaki didn't like it! Calling her names, the man looked as though he was getting angry -- and he proved it by trying to kick Sakaki! Sakaki's henge, of course, couldn't modify her height, so he was able to aim properly, and so the girl had only a moment to duck. The girl set off the red glitter -- again, not with enough power to truly harm anyone, just enough to cause a panic and confusion and to get them away out of the building -- and then sealed as she jumped off to the side, clamoring on to the table on which she had placed the items, now a few feet away from the enemy. The girl was sealing.

With a puff of smoke, a cloud of glitter of many different colors -- though mostly purple and some of orange -- would scatter all over him. The enemy would now be coated in Sakaki's medium, and she would use this to her advantage. More seals, and the enemy would be slowed. All Sakaki needed to do was keep away from the enemy long enough to slow him down. Then she could escape with the items in tow. The girl kicked them back again, and now they landed in the booth behind the table, making them harder to reach.

Activated: 3 shards, one time.
SpoilerShow
4. Musubi Heki -- Glitter Burst!
Hand Seals: I-Inu-Tori-Saru-Hitsuji
Description: Using this technique, Sakaki can summon bursts of about a hundred or so shards of glitter with which she can cast her techniques. The glitter, in her genin rank, would all have been one color, but in her training, Sakaki has learned to summon various types in a single jutsu. Sakaki has yet to devise a means of bringing out the red glitter without igniting it as it travels, and thus cannot summon the red. This glitter is summoned from Sakaki's home -- the very room in which she keeps her floppy hippos. This glitter is kept on many shelves, in hundreds of jars. Her supply is seemingly limitless. With each use of this technique, the child summons a tiny "poof" of it equal to about three vials of glitter.

12. Kawaii Musubi Enbu -- Purple!
Range: The glitter must be touching the opponent to be used, but if the glitter is in contact, it can be cast from a Long Range.
Seals: Tatsu-Uma-U-Hitsuji
Description: In battle, Sakaki’s glitter gets everywhere. This includes the opponent’s body. This, like a few other jutsu within her arsenal, uses this to great effect. Sakaki's purple glitter is special, and different than the rest, because it was made of a special, very dense stone. When Sakaki activates the purple glitter, it gets heavier. All of Sakaki's purple glitter that is upon the opponent begins to grow in weight, a little more by the second.

Sakaki can activate no more than three shards of glitter at once, and must wait at least ten seconds to activate a second batch. Activation for each shard requires only a minute amount of chakra -- one would have to activate the maximum amount of glitter to use the amount of chakra necessary for a B-rank. After a certain amount of time (eight minutes, or about ten posts,) the activation wears off and the jutsu must be used again to remain effective. Each individual flake can weigh no more than fifteen pounds, and therefore it generally requires a large amount of glitter to slow an enemy down effectively. With basic math skills, from this one can surmise that if Sakaki focused on bringing this technique to it's full effect, she could increase it's weight to a maximum of 1,440 pounds. If this jutsu has been fully activated, it will require a strength stat of seven or more to be able to really move with it, but speed is picked up as the strength stat of the victim rises.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:00 am

OOC:
I'm a tad bit confused. What's in the booth behind the table, and where is Sakaki currently? Still on the table, I think?

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Earlier in the topic, Sakaki placed the items and intel on a table beside her. Now she has jumped up onto said table, and has nudged them back into the booth, to better protect them and also to put distance between her and yourself.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:58 am

As Sakaki jumped onto the table, the man kicked the underside of the edge closest to him, sending the table tipping backwards, which caused the scrolls and other various items to spill out across the floor. While he was still covered in the glitter, he had unknowingly interrupted the jutsu that would have slowed him down. One of the scrolls rolled towards him, and he kicked it upwards with his foot and caught it. Now, this wasn't the scroll that contained the information that the girl needed, but she didn't know that. The scrolls she did need rolled backwards under the booth seat.

With the decoy scroll in hand, the man took off through the crowd in an attempt to distract the girl from the important scroll.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:01 pm

(I'm so tempted right now just to metagame and walk off with the intel that matters... but blech)

the chair flipped up, and Sakaki squealed, slipping down and landing in the booth. She was glad that it was mildly cushioned: all that would result was a nasty bruise on her right arm. She would seal in spite of the soreness, activating the first set of glitter before she could even find the enemy. Darn it, you big meanie... we weren't a's'poseta hafta fight!!! This was supposta be a easy one! She struggled her way up just in time to see the enemy sliding into the crowd. Sakaki sealed again, and glitter began to move out from her weapons pouch. Outside the exit of the bar, two glitter clones would be formed, ready and waiting to grab him and hold him in place. A third was made, gathering up the information under the booth and keeping it on her person, keeping it protected. After the clones were formed, with the real Sakaki on the ceiling, she would seal again, activating the second set of glitter.

Sakaki, walking on the ceiling, followed the enemy, watching him from above as he went. She should have been able to activate a second set of shards before he left, and from there, the other two clones would keep him busy with taijutsu assaults -- and fists full of glitter in every color imaginable.

Active: 6-9 shards; Post count: 1 after your post.
SpoilerShow
7. Musubi Bunshin -- Glitter Clone Technique!
Range: long-Range
Hand Seals: Tora-Hitsuji
Description: Using this technique, Sakaki can multiply the amount of glitter she has, and then shape and disguise it as herself, effectively making a clone of herself out of glitter, that will explode into a cascade of it when destroyed. At Sakaki's jounin level, the glitter clones may use unlimited e-c ranks (within reason, based on chakra supply, of course). One major advantage to this clone over typical elemental clones is that it can be a long distance away from Sakaki without dissipating -- as long as it can travel with a fair chakra supply. The clones may actually be up to ~one thousand kilometers away from Sakaki, if they spend their whole lifespan traveling.

12. Kawaii Musubi Enbu -- Purple!
Range: The glitter must be touching the opponent to be used, but if the glitter is in contact, it can be cast from a Long Range.
Seals: Tatsu-Uma-U-Hitsuji
Description: In battle, Sakaki’s glitter gets everywhere. This includes the opponent’s body. This, like a few other jutsu within her arsenal, uses this to great effect. Sakaki's purple glitter is special, and different than the rest, because it was made of a special, very dense stone. When Sakaki activates the purple glitter, it gets heavier. All of Sakaki's purple glitter that is upon the opponent begins to grow in weight, a little more by the second.

Sakaki can activate no more than three shards of glitter at once, and must wait at least ten seconds to activate a second batch. Activation for each shard requires only a minute amount of chakra -- one would have to activate the maximum amount of glitter to use the amount of chakra necessary for a B-rank. After a certain amount of time (eight minutes, or about ten posts,) the activation wears off and the jutsu must be used again to remain effective. Each individual flake can weigh no more than fifteen pounds, and therefore it generally requires a large amount of glitter to slow an enemy down effectively. With basic math skills, from this one can surmise that if Sakaki focused on bringing this technique to it's full effect, she could increase it's weight to a maximum of 1,440 pounds. If this jutsu has been fully activated, it will require a strength stat of seven or more to be able to really move with it, but speed is picked up as the strength stat of the victim rises.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:10 am

OOC:
I'm confused. You say you've activated 6-9 shards, which seems silly to me, and you can only activate 3 at once anyways.

Return to “Lightning Empire”