Takumi and Turtle Boy

CorgiBro

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by CorgiBro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Bright rays shimmered off the rippling water that fluttered to the fountain's edge. Pristine clarity allowed any and all who laid their eyes on the ceramic beauty to venture deep into the stone with only their vision to propel them. The rounded figure gave opportunity for those who wished to admire the aesthetic piece of architecture, such as the young man who had routinely traveled out of his way in order to sit and reflect. The fountain itself wasn't hidden from the other villagers, but ill-placed and avoids the majority of foot traffic. Young Takumi simply stumbled upon the thing by chance and found the peace and quiet refreshing from the mounds of training he had forced upon himself. It was different from the tea house, which he loved, and he didn't normally have to deal with anyone else bothering him as he lost himself in thought.

His thin fingers ran along the cold and smooth, gray surface, attempting to feel the imperfections gained over time. Minuscule particles invisible to his eyes, but physical to his touch were swept under his flesh. A quick dip in the fountain, splashing lightly as he pulled his finger from the similarly cold liquid and wiped the excess water on his abnormal clothing. Rough and worn fabric heavily contrasted the light touch and feel of both the fountain's base as the water within its confines. It almost caused him to grimace with such a heavy difference, and yet he couldn't help but love what he wore.

A soft sigh left his lips as he laid down on the hard, flat surface and looked towards the sky.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters
Ueretsu, NobuoGenin of Iwagakure no SatoMissionsSocials

Turturu

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by Turturu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:45 pm

“Darn!” Turturu said “I haven’t received word of any sort of training. What’s Raikage-sama up to?”

Turturu stood amongst the rocks at the edges of Kumogakure. The village, though a beautiful place, was no place for him. He spent most of his days amongst the animals and away from the troublesome people of his own race. However the animals were not out today, for reasons unknown. Turturu had placed that thought in the back of his head, believing the animals were tired for the day.

While looking around for something to explore or understand, his eyes caught a glimmer within the peripherals of his vision. Turturu was struck with a large amount of curiousity. Within his community and the Ninja Academy, Turturu had really not seen anything that glittered. He began to venture toward it, only to hear a splash from where the sound was coming from.

Water? Turturu thought to himself There are large bodies of water in Kumogakure?

He slowly neared the destination. His hands behind his head and his eyes to the sky. His child-like self quickly changed his thoughts to his future as he awaited great things to occur to himself. A smile formed on his face as his green eyes began to shine with joy. He began to think of high ranking ninja, fighting for survival. In his thoughts he saw great warriors from other villages in all sorts of flak jackets coming at each other, and then shinobi who represented the places they despised with headbands with slashes through them, in an all out brawl.

He eventually reached the water, but due to his thoughts taking over his awareness of his surroundings, he quickly fell in. Submerged underwater, he was dismayed not to see fish, but quickly changed his emotion when he saw a figure’s feet staring at him. He immediately noticed the footwear and associated it with a shinobi. A ninja of his village, laying down and relaxing after what possibly may have been a long day of training or a simple day off.

“Hey!” Turturu reemerged from the water “What’s up?”

He did not recognize the shinobi, but quickly noticed his rather odd outfit. He began to believe this person was not a shinobi, but some sort of clown from the circus, but changed his mind when he noticed the headband from their village. Turturu was thrown off by this outfit, but tried to keep his calm.

“I’m Turturu,” he said “Who are you?”

~*Characters*~
San Turturu (Genin no Kumogakure) (Killed him off)

CorgiBro

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by CorgiBro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 pm

Cool blue eyes gazed into the clear skies, while his mind posed thoughts and questions that he been asking himself for quite a while. Introspective reflection was something that he tried to do more often since it was something that bothered him the most. It wouldn't be long before his meditative session would be interrupted by a single drip of water, followed by a larger wave that encompassed the majority of his face. He jolted upward, sputtering the excess liquid from his nostrils, twisting his head back and forth, trying to find the source of the water. It took a few moments before he realized that the origin had been from the fountain itself, but not the fountain, but the boy who fell underneath its calm surface.

Erupting from the fountain's depths was a boy, introducing himself quickly and spat out a request of information. Knowing fully well that the people of Kumogakure were far too friendly with their fellow villagers, which he didn't really mind. He replied with a simple, "My name is Gakidou, Takumi." There were no other pleasantries other than his name, kind of just staring at the young boy who had interrupted his 'me time'.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Turturu

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by Turturu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:56 pm

Turturu, who eagerly awaited a response from the other shinobi, looked around from side to side. The fountain was much different than the water he had at home. It was clear and it’s hue of blue was rich. Each part of the fountain glimmered so brightly, that Turturu had to blink a few times, which gave the feeling of being lost in his thoughts while looking around. However he was fully aware of his situation, and finally had received a reply from his fellow shinobi: His reply was simply his name, nothing more, nothing less.

“Well I’m San Turturu” Turturu replied “I’m a fresh graduate from the Ninja Academy, you're the first Genin I’ve seen who is not of my graduating class.”

Turturu in-fact, had not seen many members of his own graduating class after his graduation. He had spent a long, tedious month mastering jutsu his father had taught to him for his days as a Genin. Turturu who was still examining the boy, tried to figure what this boy, who looked well into his adolescent years was doing wearing a get-up people would wear during those plays that Turturu slept through. Turturu decided the teenager was a sort of rebel and was trying to be the one in a million everyone wanted to be.

Turturu was knocked out of his short though process by the unpleasant sensation of having water all other a person’s clothing. The feeling was like sharp bursts of wetness, all over Turturu’s body, except for his lower torso and under. Turturu, who was quite displeased with this feeling, quickly submerged back into the water, only having his head and hair above the water level. His was damp and the crisp feel it once had disappear, becoming droopy and flat.

“Darn!” Turturu remarked “My clothes are all messed up, what the hell am I gonna do?”

It was very smart of young Turturu to submerge into the water once more, due to the fact once he emerges the wet sensation he felt from his clothes would remain, and leave him still dissatisfied. And he began to feel water intruding his insides through the fibers of his gi. Turturu, on a whim, jumped out of the water, and landed butt first on the ground. The feeling was what he was concentrating on, which caused him to lose control of balance and land on his butt, which gave him a pain so sharp, it rattled his whole body. Turturu’s face gave off a childish look of being in pain and he gave a soft moan of pain.

~*Characters*~

CorgiBro

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:25 am

The other boy kept talking, though it mainly went through one ear and out the other. Only a blank stare could be molded in Takumi's current mood, wondering why in the world the one who had introduced himself as Turturu was still here. Normally the older genin wouldn't have been in such a crabby state of mind, but he never really liked it when someone happened to pass by and wanted to start conversation. He probably should expect it more often since there seemed to be a rise in the shinobi population in Kumo as of late, and the fact that everyone just seemed to exude community and friendliness. It wasn't a bad thing, it just became cumbersome after a while.

He reverted his gaze back to the sky, attempting to both ignore the boy while trying to regain the silence he had earlier. Unfortunately for him, a series of events progressed that caused his clothing to become more wet than he preferred. A large splash followed by strange noises came from Turturu, which drew Takumi's attention. He couldn't tell if the kid was actually hurt or always made those kinds of sounds.

He knew fully well that that the kid wasn't going to go away anytime soon and attempted to drum up a conversation that didn't completely annoy him.

"So... what's up?"
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Turturu

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by Turturu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:59 am

Turturu’s discomfort with the water upon his clothes had become quite obvious by now. His whines and grunts, and he constant shaking of his like a dog. Turturu eventually removed the top part of his gi, his Kumogakure forehead protector, the black shirt under his gi and his gloves. Out, came a small toned boy, who began to shake any excess water off of him.

Shoot He thought My clothes are wet and things are getting awkward.

Turturu looked up to the sky and rested his head on his hands. He quickly to lay on the hard floor, much as Takumi had done before his arrival. He eyes were locked on the clouds, which were the key figures of Kumogakure. As Turturu had awaited an answer from the older genin, Takumi had given him a simple question. Turturu got up and then looked into the water.

“Nothing much really,” Turturu said “What goes on in your life?”

Turturu then figured that he should attempt to dry his black shirt. He picked up the shirt and rolled the shirt up. He then twisted and turned the shirt in such a fashion that it appeared to look like a cinnamon roll. This method of drying, allowed excess water to be removed from the shirt and much to Turturu’s expectation, water did come out of the shirt. Once he finished drying the shirt, he unrolled it. The shirt was now wrinkled, creases everywhere and it looked quite shabby. Turturu paid no mind to this and threw the shirt on. It was not as damp as before so this pleased Turturu, who in turn flashed a quick grin.

Finally Turturu said to himself No one is gonna be awkward now

~*Characters*~

CorgiBro

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:43 pm

'Why the hell do I keep running into guys who deem it right to disrobe in front of me?' he posed in his head as the little boy began removing portions of his outfit layer by layer. A shiver rushed through his body, feeling completely and utterly creepy for even being in the general vicinity. His eyes wandered off back into the sky, not wanting to be caught dead staring at some young boy as if he were a growing pedophile. They veered themselves into the sky, watching the clouds shift and float freely across the blue canvas it flowed upon. Its beauty was something to behold. Too bad he could've do that with some tiny little brat sitting there, causing the outer rim of the fountain to become wet and displeasing to sit on.

Before he could really pose any thought-building questions, the little boy asked him another question of his own. Takumi threw him a confused look, as if he thought that Takumi was some high ranking shinobi whose life was any different from him. However, it was the custom to be polite to fellow villagers, so he replied with a short explanation of his day-to-day activities.

"Well, not much. I go on the occasional mission," he started, partly lying to the boy already. "But otherwise I train to make myself become stronger. I hope to enroll in the chuunin exams, but not until I've fully rounded myself as a shinobi." His last words were true, staring the boy directly in the face. Takumi didn't really have much to add to the conversation, pleased that the other boy had managed to put a shirt on.

"So... why are you here?" he asked bluntly, somehow losing his nervous habit of rhyming while he spoke.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Turturu

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by Turturu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:05 pm

The other shinobi replied to Turturu within a few seconds of his question. Turturu realized that Takumi shared the basic shinobi life will a Genin. Training to be the best, completing various missions to help himself become a better shinobi. All in all, his basic quest was the same as Turturu’s or any other shinobi for that matter: To become the best. The boy was blunt with his answer. Like many of his other replies, he simply said nothing neither more or less. He just spoke the right amount.

“Well I’m only twelve,” Turturu said with a big smile “So I think it will be quite a long time till a receive a good mission.”

Turturu looked back at the shinobi, who seemingly again asked a blunt, direct question to Turturu which was further enhanced with Takumi’s previous stare. When Turturu was about to answer, he halted himself, realizing that he had forgotten his purpose at the fountain. Turturu thought about his answer as if he was writing an essay again for his final exam in the Ninja Academy, which Turturu barely passed, most due to his lack of organization and his little knowledge of Genjutsu and proper shinobi battles.

A glimmer of light once again shined from the fountain. It was bright and shined into Turturu’s eyes, who had to squint for a brief moment. He had then realized his purpose here. He wanted to discover what was going on at the fountain, because back at the rocks outside of the fountain area, he had seen rays of light coming from here. His curiosity had brought him here and he figured out his answer was the fountain.

“Well,” Turturu said “I was walking around some boulders nearby, waiting for some animals to come by, I like to hang out with the animals of this village. After waiting for sometime, I figured they were tired and then sat down on a rock, trying to figure out what to do. I then saw a flicker of light coming from this direction and I immediately walked toward with. I had gotten lost in my thought process and then fell into the water, and well met you. Why are you here?”

Turturu smiled innocently as he awaited a reply from Takumi. The crystal clear water was motionless next to him, causing Turturu to stare at the water and examine it. It was such clear water, that Turturu once again pondered on its likeliness. He wondered where it came from, or even its purpose. He placed his hands in the water and small ripples appeared, which distorted Turturu’s vision of himself, but for some reason it still kept the serenity of the reflection.

This is some crazy water, Turturu thought I wonder what the village needed it for..

~*Characters*~

CorgiBro

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

Twelve; this kid was only twelve. A slight hint of resentment flashed across the young man's face, but he hid it well enough to throw on a smile. Light chuckling left his reddened lips, remembering when he was of a similar age where he wished to go reap the rewards of glamorous missions and taking glory for his adventures. But he liked the quiet of his current lifestyle. The most strenuous thing he had done so far was move around some stage props, though he had been doing quite a bit of training. His train of thought was broken once more by another question, rather, a question in response to his own. Although a part of him felt like he didn't need to justify his being here, he answered anyways.

"I sit here to think and mull over things. Occasionally I'll come here to think of new techniques, specifically illusions being that it's the only thing that I seem to be proficient at. I've been attempting to integrate close ranged fighting with genjutsu, but I haven't been able to think of anything, which is why I came here."

The words flowed out, not meaning to reveal that much about him, but doing so anyways. He mentally shrugged, thinking that perhaps even the young boy could give him a few pointers if he knew any.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Turturu

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by Turturu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:55 pm

Turturu attentively listened to Takumi as he stated his reasons to why he came to the serenity of the fountain. Turturu agreed with him for the most part. Coming here for peace to go over your life was probably the best reason, and ideas for jutsu could be thought up as no one could possibly disturb you from your thought process. However it struck Turturu when he heard Takumi utter that he was a proficient illusionist.

“Illusions?” Turturu remarked “I don’t believe in them, if anything I would let my comrades pull them off for me, otherwise I fight with speed and strength.”

Genjutsu was not something Turturu was on good terms on. Not only did he despise the illusions when they are casted, he also couldn’t successfully pull off one to save his life. He made up for this in his great control of chakra and his Taijutsu and Ninjutsu usage. Turturu’s distain for Genjutsu was so great in fact, that if Takumi was an enemy of him or village, he’d quickly call him a coward for using such illusions and tell him to fight like a warrior and not a magician.

He then stared down at the water once more and began to ponder yet again on its origins. He had not brought it up once during the conversation, but once Takumi stated that he came here to think quite often, Turturu assumed that he may know the usage of this water. He then placed his hand inside the water, and then brought it out, letting the water drip off his bare hands as his gloves were still drying with his upper part of his gi and forehead protector.

“Hey,” He asked “What’s the origin of these waters? And what do we use it for? I mean it’s located so oddly that many people won’t use it as often.”

~*Characters*~

CorgiBro

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by CorgiBro » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:11 am

Takumi could only laugh at the boy's words. Implications of cowardice were obvious, hidden in connotations and syntax. A neglected art, genjutsu was, creating spite and even hatred from those who didn't have a proficiency in the area. However, even within Turturu's words was a reason why his own talents were not of a coward's, but of a warrior's. Although he would trust his teammates with his life in battle, he would not want to risk his own life because of his refusal to branch out and learn something that would destroy most shinobi. Takumi had thought about this subject quite a bit, and already brought himself to the conclusion that those who didn't open their minds to illusions had closed them to all the possibilities that one could do.

Injecting a rebuttal, Takumi argued, "And if you are alone, what then? You may not believe in illusions, but that does not mean they effect you any less. Genjutsu may be frowned upon for most close-combat fighters, but genjutsu is simply ninjutsu of the mind. You may train your body as much as you want, but a weak mind will fall to the one superior to it."

Only a moment had passed when the young boy asked another question, something about where the waters had come from and why they were here. His mind began to dwell on the subject for a moment, unable to think of an immediate answer. He simply let out a soft yawn, stretching out his arms as they reached towards the sky. After all that was said and done, he let off a short shrug, saying, "I honestly haven't the slightest idea. It's been here for as long as I can remember."
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Turturu

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by Turturu » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Through Takumi’s laughter, Turturu could only feel the uprising of a discussion of why one Jutsu type was better than another. He could never stand those as the only way one could be right is that they had to be perfect in all areas, and in that case, that person would have been a one man army, and shinobi would become less and less. Turturu learned this from his father, and was given a lesson he’d carry through the rest of his life: The reason there are so many shinobi, is because no one is perfect, and we need other shinobi to strive for a perfect force.

Takumi had given an answer from his laughter. He explained the concept of being alone and thus, what would he do then. This was quite mind boggling to Turturu, as being alone was not something he had expected in the near future. He, as he grew up, heard of his father’s four and three man teams that he led in and followed in. But through Takumi’s words, it struck Turturu that sometimes ninja may stand alone and against many, they would need more than raw battle, but style and combat. Turturu had to give off an answer and a good one at that.

“Standing alone is an act of desperation,” Turturu remarked “My father’s success as a regular shinobi was through his teamwork with other ninja. However if I am ever to stand alone, I guess I’d have to stand strong and proceed with caution.”

Turturu remark was something that he pondered about and thought for quite sometime though. Ever since his days in the academy. Once the topic of genjutsu was opened to him, he could not believe that illusions were used to cause mayhem. However, he grew accustomed to it, but still disdained them. He also, would never accept Genjutsu into his arsenal of jutsu and learn to make up for it in other aspects.

Takumi had answered his other question, with a simple stretch, and stating that the water’s origins were unknown to him. This led Turturu into a deep level of curiosity. He began to think deeply, at a level he really could not understand. A vein bulged from his head and he began bruxating his teeth together. His eyes showed discomfort with his thoughts and he began to rub his temples to ease the pain.

After much silence, he had finally come to a outrageous idea. He stood up and placed his hand in front of him, his palm facing the sky. Slowly he began to channel chakra into his arm, only to engulf his hand in a current of electricity. Within the knick of time, he slammed his hand into the water. The pure, crystalline waters, quickly channeled the lightning through it, creating a large sea of lightning currents within the water.

“Maybe its for chakra control like so?” He asked “People can walk on the water, channel lightning and do other sorts of stuff with water.”

As absurd as it was, it made quite a bit of sense to Turturu. The village was known for its proficient lightning users and learning to possibly control lightning when it becomes powerful and almost uncontrollable seemed like a good use of the fountain. However, his father, who was a proficient lightning user himself, never took him or spoke of this place ever.

~*Characters*~

CorgiBro

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by CorgiBro » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:21 am

The boy's words in response stung the young man. There had been no ill-feeling towards each other's views, but Takumi simply had to wonder what it would've been like to grow up with a family such as Turturu's. Exemplification of teamwork and community was something that he longed for, not to say that his own 'parents' weren't neglecting or negative, he just wanted to know a mother and father, a brother or sister. Simply because he was alone didn't mean that he was a desperate soul by any means. It wasn't his choice to be alone, circumstances place him there and he worked with the best that he had.

He never replied to the statement, allowing the silence to fill the void between the two. It's not like Takumi was one to talk in the first place, and the fact that he was attempting to be a little more introspective this morning made him a little peeved at the interruption. It was that, and a feeling of sorrow swept over him, needing to reevaluate why he had become shinobi in the first place. There was no one to guide him in his actions, Utsuga and Hitomi were almost against it until they remembered his lineage. Not only that, but they neglected to tell him all these years, about his life and his family. He just needed some alone time.
---
ooc;
SpoilerShow
Short post is short, but do you think we could wrap this up with your next post? :< I'm starting school soon so my replies would be way too few and far between. Thank you for RPing with me though. :D

After you post, I'll turn the social in so we can get some points.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Turturu

Takumi and Turtle Boy

Post by Turturu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:46 pm

OOC: Ok I finished it off :)

Between the two was an awkward silence, much longer than any of the other moments of peace in this conversation. Turturu, who had finished his display of using Raiton as an element, looked at Takumi, who was simply just there. He had stopped his input in this conversation and to Turturu, it seemed that he had cut off connections with him, as if he had lost the signal to allow him to speak, or he had cut the line connecting their conversation.

The awkwardness had grown into silence that had caused an unnatural feeling in Turturu. Much to his dismay, he was not able to continue the conversation he had with Takumi, due to Takumi’s loss of input. However to Turturu, it seemed he had gotten some sort of a point to Takumi, but in return Takumi had given him a pointer as well. Though it may have been indirect, Turturu had learned that teammates will not always be there for you, and that you may sometimes have to fend for yourself.

A smile flashed across Turturu’s face. He had learned one of the several secrets his instructor at the academy refused to tell the little children about. These lessons were hidden from his class as even though they were an average aged class, they were still much too young to learn about the outer ninja world, as they still had to rely on basic missions to get them through their first few years as a shinobi. Also, the reason that many shinobi waited sometime for their Chuunin exams made sense to Turturu as well. A ninja needed to be well rounded in both teamwork and in Solo work.

“Well,” Turturu began “I think it’s best I take my leave, thanks for your time! Hope to see you in the village sometime.”

Turturu walked away in the same fashion he had entered. His hands were behind his head and his head looking up to the sky. However this time he began to whistle. He slowly made his departure away from Takumi and this majestic fountain that his eyes were able to look upon. The glimmer still shined and caught Turturu’s eyes. He looked into the reflection to see Takumi still. Turturu then turned around. He closed his eyes and put a big grin on his face. He then removed his left hand from the back of his head and gave Takumi the “peace sign”, as a token of friendship and as a signal for a temporary farewell. He then turned around and resumed walking away in the same fashion he was doing before.

~*Characters*~

Return to “Lightning Empire”