Look Out World

DanteFlambe

Look Out World

Post by DanteFlambe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:29 am

It was a nice spring afternoon. The temperature was perfect, not too hot and not too cold. The sun was out, the birds were singing, the flowers blooming. A perfect day for murder.

It was only hours ago that Innis had killed his father's former bride and walking through the forest was getting tiresome.

"I should have stolen a horse while I was at it", he said to himself. And then, luck have it, Innis spotted a small clearing complete with its very own lake. Innis summoned what energy he had left in his legs and ran for the lake and kneeled down near it. He unwound the bandages on his hands with chakra and began to scoop water into his mouth.

"Mmm, this must be karma. The world has conspired to reward me for my good deeds with nourishment."

Innis then continued to take a few more gulps of water from the lake and then wiped his mouth and closed his eyes for a moment. He began to take in his surroundings, breathing in the air, hearing the wildlife move about. He then opened his eyes and looked down at his reflection in the lake. Innis enjoyed solitude, but little did he know, he wasn't alone.
Kang no KawaShow
Kang
River Country
Missions:
D: 1
Socials:
R.I.P.Show
Yakoi, Innis - Died in battle fighting Doppel, Unten and Doppel, Oben. Rest his soul ;_;

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Look Out World

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:39 am

A green creature lurked just beneath the surface of the waters. The long tail barely made a ripple as it pushed the creature through the lake slowly but steadily. It seemed to be having the time of its life, simply relaxing and swimming through the waters. The creature was none other than Katsu Ikimono, swimming to clean her scales from the grim of the trail. She smiled with each stroke, having a nice time simply swimming.

Something caught her attention though, she had just caught a fish in her teeth when something caused the surface to ripple gently not but a few feet above her. Katsu reacted fast, moving away from him for a short distance. When she was about 10 meters away her head came above the water ever so little. Her tail stayed hidden as she simply looked at the man on the shore before diving back down. He was just there to relax and wasn’t worth interfering with.

Katsu swam a little more before deciding to do a bit of a leap out of the water. Her entire form went into swimming towards the surface as fast as she could before piercing the surface in a grand jump, only to land on the surface of the water and let it drop from her scales. Something about that man had caught her attention though, as she looked out across the water at him.

DanteFlambe

Look Out World

Post by DanteFlambe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Innis thought he saw something in the water, but it quickly disappeared. He cautiously watched the lake and slowly got to his feet. Not seeing any further disturbances, Innis relaxed. As if on cue, the disturbance he thought he saw popped out of the lake. His reflexes kicked in and four bandages popped out of Innis' lab coat, two from his sleeves and two from the bottom near his legs. Innis prepared to attack, but he saw that the creature didn't act with hostility. He didn't completely disarm, however, and still kept his bandages ready. His eyes scanned the green creature from behind his glasses, trying to figure out what it was exactly.

"Are you...capable of speech?"

Innis found his question rather foolish at first, but he remembered the world he lived in. This thing he'd stumbled upon didn't seem human, but perhaps he'd stumbled onto the type of creature shinobi summoned and its domain.
Kang no KawaShow
Kang
River Country
Missions:
Socials:
R.I.P.Show
Yakoi, Innis - Died in battle fighting Doppel, Unten and Doppel, Oben. Rest his soul ;_;

Das Kirb

Look Out World

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Katsu saw him draw out several stripes of cloth an instantly got defensive for a moment. She dived back below the surface of the waters and moved to relocate herself. ”Lass, don’t be so hasty, maybe ye only startled the lad.” Russle was right, perhaps she was the one to blame here. She swam over to the edge of the waters and poked her head out, not far from the man she had startled.

Her voice was soft but it demanded respect. ”Yes, I can speak.” Her tail came up to barely licked the surface of the waters before vanishing below the surface again. She held onto the bank to keep from floating off as she scanned the air about him. He smelt of fear, but that was to be expected. Russle had been right, she had only startled him

DanteFlambe

Look Out World

Post by DanteFlambe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:28 pm

The beast plunged underneath the water, and Innis scanned the lake for it, but his reflection was getting in the way. It then came back to the surface, near the edge. Innis looked down at it and then a voice came out from it.

"So...what are you?"

Innis found his natural curiosity peaked in this creature. If it was something capable of a contract, he'd never seen an animal like it. It seemed to be aquatic, was green, and even had a tail. It was something he'd never seen before, something exotic.
Kang no KawaShow
Kang
River Country
Missions:
Socials:
R.I.P.Show

Das Kirb

Look Out World

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 pm

A question Katsu had heard more times that she could remember at this point. It didn’t matter what she answered at this point, so she answered as best as she could. ”A dragon.” It was something that he family had been calling her for some time now, and she liked it. They were considered to be the greatest of all creatures.

She kept her eyes focused on the man before asking a question of her own. She had tasted that his scent had changed but she wasn’t entirely sure what was going on. ”Why are you here?” Before he could answer she climbed out of the water and lay on the bank, letting the sun warm her scales.

DanteFlambe

Look Out World

Post by DanteFlambe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Innis made a face at the answer. It was a face that expressed disapproval and annoyance. Before he responded, the 'dragon' climbed onto the bank of the lake and Innis took several steps back, keeping a buffer between him and the creature. Getting a better look at the creature, it had scales and apparently breasts.

"I suppose I'll follow manners and answer your question. I'm here because I'm thirsty. So, you're the mythological creature known as a dragon?" Innis' question was somewhat sarcastic and he didn't pause when changing topics.
Kang no KawaShow
Kang
River Country
Missions:
Socials:
R.I.P.Show

Das Kirb

Look Out World

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:58 pm

Her head raised as she looked at him through slit eyes. ”I’m not human like you, nor am I anything else on this planet.” Her tailed flicked back and forth a little before she finally rose up to sit. Her talons dug deep gouges in the soft earth beneath her as she looked deep into Innis. ”You have another name to call me by?”

DanteFlambe

Look Out World

Post by DanteFlambe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:11 pm

"I'd presume you'd already call yourself something."

Innis' curiosity was quickly being replaced with annoyance. He disliked people who weren't direct. Violence crossed his mind for a moment. He was no longer bound by village rules, and it didn't stop him when he was. However, his curiosity hadn't been completely replaced. Innis still wanted to know what it was that sat before him.
Kang no KawaShow
Kang
River Country
Missions:
Socials:
R.I.P.Show

Das Kirb

Look Out World

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:52 am

Katsu’s gaze met with his as she tasted the air about him. This man was already getting less curious and more annoyed with her. This was going to either cause something to get hurt or it was going to be simply pointless to stay here. This man had nothing for her and she wasn’t enjoying her time around the water anymore, it was about time to get moving.

Katsu stood up and stretched, letting the sun dance off her stomach and legs before crouching back down once more. ”Katsu is the name my mother gave me.” She was only able to answer because of her memories having returned. She had somewhere to go though, someone that she wanted to meet, the pair of twins that had attacked her and her once teammates needed to be found and thanked. And she wanted so much o go back to the sands.

As Katsu gathered her tail around her and stretched a bit like a cat she looked at the man in front of her. ”I’m going to the desert. You can follow if you want.” Katsu really didn’t care either way. She knew perfectly well that this man had just left her once home village as well but knew that he had his own reasons. If he followed then he would help her, if not then oh well.

Das Kirb

Look Out World

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:34 pm

[This social is null and void due to Dante's trouble and other instances of occurrence.]

Return to “Lightning Empire”