[Mission] Hide and Go Seek

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 pm

The man standing outside of Kumogakure's gates was short and bulky, almost as if he were trying to make up for his lack of vertical mass for horizontal. He was nearly rippling with muscles, and he has a toothpick in his mouth, twitching slightly as he spoke. "Ahhh...shit. Kid goes rogue on my watch, and I get put on gate duty for it. Ain't this just fuckin' dandy. Pick on the short guy, sure. Who cares what he says, he's gotta yell just to get heard." He sighed, spitting the toothpick into his hand, and rolling it between his fingers. "Well, it's only for a week. I can do this."

[S-rank Missing-ninKirigakureYaksha • • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:4 C:9 D:0]

[Jounin • Konohagakure • Haidou • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Tetsuo had finally gotten some rest the evening before, so his sentiments were a bit different. Yeah, it put a bit of a weird feeling in his stomach to have to chase down one of their own, but he wasn't nearly as irritated as the guard. His thoughts were focused as he approached the guard. "Ikimono Tetsuo reporting for duty, sir," Tetsuo stated, snapping a quick salute. "My partner should be here shortly."

He had to admit, he was a bit nervous; this was the first mission he had done with another person in quite some time. He hoped it would go well.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:08 pm

((thank god bits finally accepted))

Being summoned by the Kage Akkei had understood what was required of her. She returned to her home and changed into her ANBU outfit. She had been giving strict orders, and told she would have the assistance of someone that specialized in this field more than most others. After changing she quickly departed to the gate of the last known location. Watching the area she noticed a single guard then another ninja approached the guard. It seemed that her partner had arrived. Akkei emerging from the shadow to the right of Tetsuo, making as little sound as possible.

“so it seems this should be a Interesting mission” Akkei spoke to Tetsuo, “I didn’t expect you to my partner, Tetsuo-San.” She continued as she turned her masked head from within the shadows of her outfit. it was indeed a unique outfit she wore, with a shoulder drape included. “I trust you will be best at helping complete this quickly.” she said before turning to the guard.

“Sir, is there anything you can tell us I determining direction or anything?” Akkei asked the short stocky man as she observed the area. She couldn’t tell exactly how old the signs of the rogue ninja were, or exactly which direction their zigzag footsteps seemed to go.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Ninjutsu: 8
Taijutsu: 6
Genjutsu: 6
Stamina: 8
Control: 8
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Wit: 8
Yuurei, Akkei (Kumo's Phantom Tiger)
Black Ops Rank: Sp. Jounin(B) South Outpost TeamSpecialty: Infiltration/Jack-of-all-trades • n/a
Missions:
[url=about:blank]blank[/url]
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi
Ninjutsu: 3
Taijutsu: 7
Genjutsu: 5
Stamina: 7
Control: 5
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Wit: 6
Morinakahashi, Kiyoshi (Land of tea’s grass cutting hopper)
• 縁 / Land of Tea: C-Rank Samurai • [url=about:blank]Hayashi, Noburu[/url]
Missions: d, d,

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Ninjutsu: 5
Genjutsu: 2
Stamina: 5
Control: 7
Strength: 4
Wit: 5
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

The Kumogakure guard glanced at them dismissively, plucking the toothpick from his mouth and teasing it between his fingers; despite his salami-like fingers, they were nimble enough that the toothpick never touched the ground. He seemed deep in thought, and after a minute or two he placed the toothpick back in his mouth, and glanced at them. "Huh. Most of the time people get fed up and walk away after a minute or two of that. Guess that means you're dedicated. If you want to kill yourselves, I'm not one to stop ya." He bit down on the toothpick, hard enough to split it in half, and then spat both halves in his hands. He handed one to Akkei, and one to Tetsuo.

"We were on the outskirts of Iwagakure on a surveillance mission when the kid made a break for it. I don't imagine he ran towards Iwa, since that'd get him torn to shreds and sent back in a box. I think he went west, but hell if I can remember." He gestured at the two parts of the toothpick, and grinned faintly. "I've magnetized them; don't ask me how I did it with wood, it'd take hours. They'll both point north if you put them in water. If they're more than a few yards from each other, they'll just point to the other one. I can at least promise you'll be lost together, and you'll know where north is."

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:07 am

Taking a bit of twine/cloth/string, Tetsuo wrapped it around the toothpick before tying it to his hand like a tether. His directions weren't much to go off of, honestly, and he wished he had more. Perhaps the man still had some of his scent on him? "If you don't mind me asking, sir, was the defection recent? Did you have any physical contact with the target? If you did, I might be able to more effectively track him through scent," he mentioned.

If he had, it might make this mission a whole lot easier to accomplish.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:18 am

Listening to the man she moved back as she collected the piece of the tooth pick. “Not sure will we will need these but thank you anyway.” She said, Akkei had her own means of keeping in ‘contact’ with her, team mates. “And honestly I don’t care about your oddities, sir just here to complete a mission. You wish to slow us down, then it will be on your head.” She said straight forward. After all she was ANBU and this man seemed to not understand the severity of what has happen. Turning towards Tetsuo, she listened to the question and waited for the reply.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Black Ops Rank: Sp. Jounin(B) South Outpost TeamSpecialty: Infiltration/Jack-of-all-trades • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:05 am

The miniscule shinobi flapped a hand dismissively, as he shut his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, let me think for a minute...Kid defected about 20 hours ago, and I think I managed to grab some hair before he got away. Hell if I can find it, though." One hand dove into his pocket, pushing through to the bottom quickly. He finally pulled out a single strand of what seemed to be purple hair, and tossed it on the ground. "There. Now, why don't you let me do my job, and start doing YOURS? I'm a guard. You're trackers. I don't track."

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:25 pm

The man managed to produce some sort of DNA. Perfect.

Catching the strand of hair before it hit the ground, Tetsuo made a few seals and leaned slightly into his palm, letting the defector's scent flood his senses and burn itself into his memory. He started smelling around the outside of the gate, seeking the rogue shinobi's trail and where it headed. As he smelled around, he made sure to tuck the hair down into a safe niche in his pack for safekeeping. Something told the chuunin that it might be useful later.
JutsuShow
Ninpou • Ookami Hanadzura [Ninja Arts • Wolf Snout]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After making the needed seals, Tetsuo can increase his acuity with his sense of smell. Using this technique, he can track people and objects by scent. He can detect and distinguish between all scents within twenty feet of his position. This technique lasts for three posts.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:10 am

As the two exchanged in conversation, Akkei’s mind was going on about how to catch the rogue ninja, she had pulled out a small note book while waiting. Then as the guard handed Tetsuo a piece of hair, she watched him form hand seals and sniff it as she placed the note book back in her pocket. “So, did you figure out which way we need to go?” she asked in a calm soft voice towards Tetsuo. She had decided that she would follow him until she could pick up a trail herself then they would move as one.

A two man hunting team is hard to work as far as formations went as it was always a straight line somehow. Most common formations required 3-4 members or more which was far easier to create formations with. “please lead the way if you are ready. I will try to pick up signs of visual tracks as I go along as well.” She said following the special Jounin as he moved along out of the gates. With that they were of, towards the ninja.
jutsuShow
*Taka Metsuki (Falcon Eyes)
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
This is a ninjutsu used by a Taka ANBU member. The user completes the needed hand seals then release a surge of chakra into their eyes. This has a similar release to the Byuakugan. By releasing chakra into their eyes, their vision exceeds the normal 20/20 perfect vision. They are able to see much farther distances and in a much clearer focus.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:59 am

OOC: Not much to say yet, but I'll try to make a small post-ish.

Their trip took them through more parts of what looked to be a large forest. The scent of the shinobi mixed with the scent of various other animals, but it was never too hard to pick out among the plants and animals. There were the usual background noises from the animals around, but none of them seemed to be close enough to matter. All they knew was that the path they were following seemed surprisingly deserted.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:16 am

Although the scents got diluted together, Tetsuo was able to make out the defector's trail. Tetsuo was also keeping his eyes on the surroundings...

The Ikimono could feel it in the air: something was off.

Although they were traveling through a forest, it was incredibly unlikely that this segment would be completely untraveled by anyone. There would be some sort of signs of human presence. To have a path be completely deserted meant one of two things. One possibility was that the defector was excellent at covering his tracks, which seemed unlikely, considering his age.

The other... was an ambush.

"Akkei-san... something's off," Testuo whispered. "Be on the lookout for enemy forces."

While his nose was still working, his eyes were surveying his surroundings, waiting for what he felt was the inevitable.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Akkei followed her college moving quickly before she finally was able to pick up the tracks, she had already formed Hand seals as she had been running in order to alter her vision to see such minute details when they finally became clearer from the surrounding area.. Then as she listened to Tetsuo, she decided to take a better look around. Forming a set of hand seals she slowly moved down with each step going deeper into the ground until, she was completely submerged. Well now let’s see what’s walking around with my enhanced vision and my special technique.

With that she formed a quick set of hand seals moving chakra out from her body. The chakra acting like ripples in a lake, shot out from her starting position as she continued to move. Anything or anyone stepping on top of the ground or hiding within would become visible as she went in the direction of Tetsuo bringing up the rear of the two man team. The first sign of others with her enhanced vision, Akkei would raise up to notify Tetsuo.
JutsuShow
~Dou Kakusan [Body Diffusion]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
prerequisite:~Fuzen Kakusan [Partial Diffusion]
After forming the necessary hand seals and by placing their body against a surface, the Yuurei member can alter their molecular structure and become one with it. In this state, they can move into and out of the object, although every time they convert from form to form it uses chakra. Merging more than half the user's body takes longer than the odd limb, and makes this less useful for avoiding attacks than one would immediately think. A body part that is in another state other than its normal form can only stay in that state for two posts before being forced to change back. If the user does not change the form back it will start to cause crippling pain, to the point of the user barely being able to move. If the user does not return the body part back two posts after they needed to then the limb will then become part of the thing they are fused with.

†Busshitsu hyōji no jutsu [Substance Viewing technique]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: ~Dou Kakusan [Body Diffusion]
This technique can only be used while the user is actually fused into a solid substance, earth works best. After forming a few hand seal the user is able to channel Chakra through their hands vibration the area of the fused substance. This energy waves allows the user to then be able to see anyone (physically only) on or in the substance within the users visual range (measured as a radius). The user can also distinguish between different people due to how the energy waves travels through each person's body. As the vibration return they enter the user’s eyes allowing them to see ‘through’ the substance.

A body part that is in another state other than its normal form can only stay in that state for previously state amount of posts before being forced to change back. If the user does not change the form back it will start to cause crippling pain, to the point of the user barely being able to move. If the user does not return the body part back two posts after they were needed to then the limb will then become part of the thing they are fused with.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:26 pm

There was nothing at first, as they followed the path; nothing seemed to be walking the path they were walking for quite some time. As Tetsuo began to move forward, the smell of the forest was growing stronger, and the air was eventually redolent with the reek of decaying plant. It was getting tougher and tougher to track the scent, with the rotting trees around them. In fact, if the shinobi still tried to track by scent, he may have found himself reeling. This was the smell of corruption, the smell of the worst sickness. This was the sort of smell even normal men shied away from. But this scent would've been a godsend to those trying to disappear.

As the Ikimono stepped forward, a twig beneath his foot snapped. An instant later, several sharpened twigs shot forward from the bushes to the left. They soared quickly for him, aimed at his chest.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:43 pm

As soon as they hit the inner parts of the forest, Tetsuo realized something was wrong. The scent of decaying matter began to replace the prominent place the person's scent had taken. Deciding to switch tactics, considering that he was still pretty sure they were on the right track, he made a few more seals and instead directed his chakra to his ears. Considering that his hearing was already enhanced, it would serve Tetsuo quite well to be able to pick up small sounds.

It was this very change of tactic that alerted him to the unusual snapping beneath his feet... not to mention the wooden darts.

"Akkei-san! Trap!" Tetsuo barked as he jumped over the spikes, pulling out one of his short swords. He would be more vulnerable while in the air. Having some way of defending himself would be useful.
JutsuShow
Ninpou • Sen'ei Choushu [Ninja Arts • Acute Hearing]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After making the needed seals, Tetsuo channels chakra into his eardrums and throughout his ear canal, enhancing his own auditory acuity. With this jutsu, Tetsuo triples the distance in which he can accurately hear sounds. Tetsuo can also use this jutsu to hear sounds on the other side of any surface which sound can travel through. This technique lasts up to three posts.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Trailing only inches behind Tetsuo her peripheral vision caught the absence of his feet as he jumped. The voice of her team mate was dull and muffled, but she knew that this was something important to break the silence in this manner. With that Akkei halted finding nothing of any danger in the ground. She rose out of the ground for the moment to see what had happen she found stakes flying past Tetsuo.

“Are you ok Tetsuo? She asked. I can’t see anyone from in the ground, so the area is clear unless they are in a tree.” She said to the man she picked up one of the darts that had flown through the air. “Hmmm so this is what the target is willing to do to try and stop us. From the looks of it he didn’t have much time to set up much of a trap.” Placing it down she looked over Tetsuo to make sure he was ok and not poisoned or anything. With that she decided to lead from there if anything he could always break the silent to tell her to change direction should she not be able to find the correct path.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:10 pm

mission is being placed on hold due to Sei's absence at the moment
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 am

((removed from hold. Yaksha's turn to post))
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:32 am

The darts pierced a nearby tree, a clear greenish fluid oozing off of them. It seemed that the person they were trying to find had no small amount of experience with poisons, as the tree's bark was withering just slightly around the site of the poison. From not too far off, the sound of a muffled curse could be heard, followed by the sound of breaking branches and shaking leaves. Their target had been sitting somewhere nearby, confident that the fetid stench of rotting plants would keep him protected from anyone hoping to snoop out here. Now he was making a run for it, to a place neither of the shinobi could predict. They had better hope they caught him before he got there...

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Though he couldn't make out the opponent's precise location yet, he could still tell in what direction he was moving. Not wasting a moment, Tetsuo dashed towards the sound of rustling plants and trees, making a few seals as he began his pursuit. "Akkei-san, follow me!" he called back.

As the chakra focused into his ears, Tetsuo's range of hearing tripled. Perhaps now they'd be able to follow the rogue nin more closely.
JutsuShow
Ninpou • Sen'ei Choushu [Ninja Arts • Acute Hearing]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After making the needed seals, Tetsuo channels chakra into his eardrums and throughout his ear canal, enhancing his own auditory acuity. With this jutsu, Tetsuo triples the distance in which he can accurately hear sounds. Tetsuo can also use this jutsu to hear sounds on the other side of any surface which sound can travel through. This technique lasts up to three posts.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Akkei watched as the darts pierce the tree’s body. She moved over to the darts quickly getting a sample of the green vile at the point of contact. Placing it in a container, she turned and started following Tetsuo-Kun. Knowing that this rogue ninja had talent enough to poison wooden darts, meant they were able to prepare quite well. But staying behind, long enough for Tetsuo to catch something meant he wasn’t as smart as he should have been. She would find out soon enough, though at the moment she didn’t have all the details.

Akkei studied tetsuo’s reaction, and the direction they were traveling. She wasn’t sure if long range or short range tactic’s was what was best for the time being, as she traveled along. The trees flew by one after another. She figured she would at least keep an eye on the area.
jutsuShow
*Kentou [Scrutiny]
D-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 5 Wit
This is a doujutsu technique achieved through many hours of training and study. After the assessment of data becomes a second nature, users of this technique are able to make calculations and situational analysis on the fly, greatly increasing their ability to make effective strategies.

Continued falcon eyes jutsu

Substance viewing ended post prior to this due to being out of the ground.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:08 am

Running through the woods, they began to realize that their target had one enormous advantage over them; he knew the terrain. While he seemed to move seamlessly from tree to tree, never seeming to touch the ground for more than a couple seconds at a time, Akkei and Tetsuo found that the forest seemed almost to be working against them; every time they got close, he would disappear into the surrounding brush, never quite too far for Tetsuo to hear, but always just a bit too far to be seen or targeted.

The chase went on for several minutes, before there was a loud shout; to Tetsuo it was almost deafening, but to Akkei it sounded almost frantic, and worried. "Leave me alone! I don't want to go back! I never wanted to be a ninja; it's just too much work! Everything is so HARD, and if I go back they're just going to blame me!" Before the shout had even ended, three kunai came flying from just up ahead. His shout had masked their approach almost perfectly, but had either of them been truly watching it wouldn't have been hard to notice them. Reacting was another thing entirely...

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Tetuo saw the glint of metal moving through the dim underbrush. He had made sure to keep his wits about him; even with the thunderous voice of the man they were pursuing, the poison darts had put him on edge. "Akkei-san! Kunai!" he shouted as he jumped over their flight path and started heading just a bit higher into the underbrush. This way he could keep track of where their opponent was headed and also have a tactical advantage over him.

Still, this terrain was proving dangerous. They'd have to catch this shinobi soon, or they'd be in a bit of a pickle.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:08 am

((going to work with sei for the next couple of posts to get a 'clear shot of the target.))

As Akkei heard the voice of the rogue ninja she looked at Tetsuo. “Kunai?” and with that she seemed to jump back several feet in order to dodge incoming strike. “You think he is close enough or there is any way I can get a clear shot on him without a tree in the way? She asked looking over at her partner. She knew she had a shot at trying, but she needed to make a plan.

With that she moved over to Tetsuo-kun in order to give the plan. “Listen up I think if he is in vocal range I can hit him, but I need somewhat a clear shot in order to do that. So as I am preparing the shot I need you to find a way to distract him.” she said making sure their target hadn’t decided to run to far ahead after all he was using the tree branches which meant he wasn’t going to have as much cover once she used her flawless aim style

“Then as I hit him you can move in close to him in order to capture him. I will be right behind you after I fire the shot making sure it hits him. any questions?”
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:57 pm

((You two go ahead and set things up. I'll be here, and when it's relevant I'll make a post.))

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Tetsuo nodded, pulling out an exploding tag. "I'll throw this tag to his left. You shot straight towards the target, Akkei-san. We'll use these distractions and my speed to pincer him from his right."

Tetsuo hesitated for a moment, waiting for the escapee to be mid-jump before throwing the kunai. It would give him less time to react as the explosion ripped from his left. Using his exceptional speed, Tetsuo attempted to home in on the assailants position with his exceptional hearing. Not only would his enhanced hearing be useful, but the jutsu would amply his already exceptional ears to new heights.

As soon as he got a solid fix on the opponent, he would dash in from his right, using Akkei's range to try and restrict his movements.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Akkei smiled as she held her partner’s ability of this pincher maneuver in high regards. Readying herself she stood in a crouch position waiting for Him to launch the Kunai their target. She knew it wouldn’t kill him, but she also knew she had to time this perfectly one inch of hesitation on her part could jeopardize more than just the mission. Biting her right thumb she spread the blood on the seal located in the inside of her left wrist and focused a bit of chakra into the seal, as a small poof of smoke wrapped around her arm. She grabbed the SlingshotXbow in her left hand as she changed out the munition to that of the Bolt.

Then as Tetsou began his part of the plan with the releasing of the kunai, Akkei stood up using a Shunshin in order to get in direct view of the target on the same level branch. She used her ability to plan on the go in order to determine the proper location of her aim. Then focusing chakra into the bolt she pulled the trigger letting the bolt fly towards her opponent’s right shoulder blade. The bolt spun in an almost drilling fashion as the extra energy caused it to travel along a direct path to the target.
jutsuShow
Continued Taka Metsuki (Falcon Eyes) and Kentou [Scrutiny]

*Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Shunshin no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance.

^smoke of the summon for disappearing, leaves for appearing^

*Kaiten Tama [Rotation Shot]
E-Rank Taijutsu
Using a small amount of chakra at the point of release, the user of this jutsu gives their projectile a spiraling motion, which results in a straighter shot. This gives better penetration upon impact as well as a straighter trajectory, which makes for a more accurate throw over longer distances.

*Heitan Keiro [Flat Path]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Kaiten Tama [Rotation Shot]
By adding a little chakra into their 'slingshotXbow' at the moment of release, users of this jutsu are able to add a little more power to their shot, which can be useful for increasing their range or simply allowing them to aim at their target without taking trajectories into consideration.
((believe thought not sure if Sei is going to go again i will let you know when i see him again.))
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:11 am

Finally, their target became visible to the two of them; he appeared to be a small boy of about 15, his face twisted into despair. As soon as he heard the sound of a bow being drawn, he began to form his handseals with a speed that both of them would've found absolutely staggering(~8); just as her arrow was firing, a thick green ball formed around him. The arrow, spinning in place, began to pierce through it slowly. Luckily for him, he was moving quickly enough that once it broke through, he was gone. Unluckily for him, his dome couldn't protect from the tag that went off just behind him.

Blown forward by the force, he began to scream in shock; his body struck a nearby tree, but he shook himself off, beginning to run ahead once more. Clearly the impact had hurt him some, but he was nowhere near finished off yet. "Fuck you guys! Just leave me alone!"
SpoilerShow
*Fuuton • Kyoukou Eado-mu [Wind Element • Strong Air Dome]
B-rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Fuuton • Eado-mu [Wind Element • Air Dome]
Fuuton • Kyoukou Eado-mu is a ninjutsu utilizing the Wind Element. After forming a set of handseals, the user will focus his/her chakra into the air around him/her. It will spread around the user and form a stronger barrier of air around the user(as compared to it's prerequisite). It will spread 4 meters around the user, protecting them from most projectiles and a decent amount of jutsu(E-C). Also, if your opponent is within this 4 meter range, they will be forcefully pushed out of the range.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 am

Tetsuo had to back off for a second. He was getting a little tired of this continuous chase.

It was time to end it.

Making the needed set of seals, Tetsuo began possibly one of the oddest transformations ever; his ears rose up to the top of his head, his hair grew even longer, the patches of fur on his body quickly spread, and his features in general grew to be more feline. He even grew a large tail.
TransformationShow
With a blinding burst of speed, Tetsuo made a bee-line for his opponent, rushing it for a tackle. He may have been fast before, but now even his partner would have trouble seeing him clearly.

Base Speed: 8.
Current Speed: 11.
SpoilerShow
Ikimono Ainoko Kousen Youshiki [Animal Hybrid War Form]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
This is a custom jutsu which is an improvement on the Doubutsuka non Jutsu [Animalization Technique]. After making the needed seals, Tetsuo morphs into his human-animal hybrid form. His features become more distinctly feral as fur begins to spread all over his body and he even grows a tail. Although the initial chakra charge is higher and stat changes are limited to 6 points for all stats, Tetsuo doesn't lose use of his jutsu in this form. This technique lasts for 4 posts and affects the following stats:
  • Taijutsu: -1
  • Genjutsu: -3
  • Strength: +1
  • Speed: +3
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:12 am

Akkei figured that their plan would work until she ran into the wall of air her projectile hit. Irritated she cussed with in her head. If course she knew this would take more than sheer doubt luck to get into. Smiling she bolted towards the barrier before stopping. Reaching into one of her pockets she and pulled out a small lighter. She wondered how he would counter the two of them. “Hold on Tetsou be smart about this. He thinks he has protected himself but that jutsu isn’t going to die off anytime some.” So just wait a minute and let me show you why I said I am a combination jutsu specialist.

True she could have gone under but she wanted to remove any thread this barrier could have done. He was sort of stuck in the mouse cage so to speak till the air stopped spilling. Placing her hands together holding the lighter in between she focused her Fuuton chakra around her hands. Then flicking the striker and pressing in the handle of the lighter she inhaled deeply. Her hands seemed to light on fire as the air started to burn around her hands. Thought the constant flow of chakra forced the burning out form her hands she puckered up her lips as she aimed her face at the bubble of air.

With a great exhale of controlled Air she blew across her hands as she released the fuuton from her hands and quickly pulled down. The air seemed to of ignites as she focused her breath onto the bubble allowing both fuuton jutsu’s to ignite a blast. In less than a second she released the air from her mouth as her body seemed to weaken severally. It was the fact she had ignited her breath that caused her to become weakened as the added energy needed to keep from becoming an explosive propane tank essentially was added to the fuuton breath of the young Kunoichi.
SpoilerShow
†Fuuton • Rantan gijutsu sokkyō [Wind Element • Improvised Lantern Technique]
D - Rank Combination Ninjutsu
This is the basis of Akkei’s ‘fire’ based jutsu’s, it utilizes Wind’s weakness as a source of strength. While holding a single modified hand seal (of the tiger with the pointer fingers crossed, wrapped around the middle finger, tips touching in the other side.) Akkei is able to release a very small but steady stream of air from her fingertips this stream is formed into a ‘wick’ which when lit with a fire or Katon source is able to hold a small flame burning brightly due to Fuuton’s weakness.

†Fuuton • Sokuseki faiāsutorīmu [Wind Element • Improvised Fire stream Technique]
B - Rank Combination Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Improvised Lantern Technique, or other fire source
Akkei’s mastery of channeling Chakra is shown with this style of jutsu. Due to its complexities, this is a very dangerous jutsu. After Akkei has inhaled into her chest, she will exhale expelling a controlled and narrow stream of Fuuton infused Air from her mouth in a stream. By channeling the chakra correctly she is able to manifest a spiraling stream of air. Once it comes in contact with a fire/Katon source such as the Lantern ‘wick’ the Air current will ignite. This will create a flamethrower affect in the same manner as a fire whirl or fire tornado. Even thought this does not require hand seals to perform it does however require a constant stream of Chakra to be channeled into her mouth and out into the breath to work properly. The effective range is 20m; Akkei can only produce the stream of Air for one post before being forced to ‘recharge’ her body. If Akkei does not stop expelling the stream of Air and ‘recharge’ it will cause her to start experiencing signs of suffocation, this can be painful to the point of her barely being able to move or worse. If the user does not recharge within two posts after they were supposed to then she will lose Consciousness. If it does not come into contact then the jutsu doesn’t catch on fire and will just act as a strong wind from her mouth in the same manner.[/jutsu]
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:12 pm

OOC: The barrier's already broken, guys.

This was starting to turn into a nightmare; all he'd wanted was to go out and get away from all the stress of a shinobi's life. He had it all planned out! He was going to 'go missing' on a mission, find a nice big cave, and just stay there. He'd even scoped things out to find it! But these two were just relentless, and now he couldn't do anything but keep running. But he was getting tired of running, and he knew now that Kumogakure wouldn't ever leave him alone. If he didn't get rid of these two now, it'd be right back to all the high expectations, back to the yelling and screaming. Back to all that work.

He slammed both hands on the tree branch he'd landed on, making it crack from the weight. But his jutsu had already activated. A truly enormous funnel of greenish chakra formed just before Tetsuo, threatening to suck him inside and tear his body apart. As their target began to fall, he was already forming still more handseals, after throwing two kunai; one of them was streaking towards Akkei, the other towards Tetsuo. Just before they hit, he formed an almost endless string of handseals, shouting. "You all work me like a DOG! How the hell is this fair? I just want to be left alone!"

Both kunai exploded, in a dazzling display. He'd stored a truly staggering amount of chakra in those kunai, and now they were exploding right in front of the two shinobi. But the ground was just below him, and he was in for a rude awakening. He hit the ground, one or two bones cracking loudly. This was all but done; if the kunai hadn't finished them off, this would be their win.
SpoilerShow
*Fuuton: Bouseki Tate no Kaze [Wind Element: Spinning Shield of Winds]
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Forming the necessary handseals and focusing on the area in front of him, the user leaks Chakra to cause wind to rapidly spin in a circular motion, creating stronger air currents that resemble a small tornado, large enough to offer protection for up to three people. Instead of deflecting attacks however the vortex [spinning at a ferocious speed] will draw in whatever is near it and hurl it back at the opponent. If a person were to touch one of these whirling storms, though, their skin would be rubbed raw in a matter of seconds. The tornado lasts for 3 posts and needs four posts as cooldown .

*[Lightning Element • Capacitor]
B-rank Ninjutsu
The ninja using this technique is able to store electricity in objects that can be used at a later time, up to 20 posts after storage if within a 20 meter range. By forming a long string of handseals, the user can release the electricity from within the item and cause a violent shock blast with a radius of five feet around the item. The strength of the blast depends on the amount of electricity that was stored within the item before it was released. The amount of electricity put into the object is measured by the amount of chakra put into the object, as the equivalent of jutsu.

B-ranked jutsu= force of 4 explosive tags

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 pm

((So if the bubble had already left what happen to Akkei's Flamethrower jutsu? cause if the bubble wasn't there he would have be probably covered in fuuton ignited flames.))
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:41 am

((He fell. Down. Your flames didn't really reach him.))

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Tetsuo may have been moving faster than either ninja was expecting, but he still caught the hand seals. He knew that something bad was coming. "Akkei-san! Dive, now!" he barked as he used his unnatural speed to drop down from the trees... fast.

The exploding kunai still sent a mighty shockwave, one that forced the Ikimono to dig his claws into the tree to try and brace himself from any of the shockwave that he couldn't manage to avoid. He was hoping his quickness would save him.
JutsuShow
*Ninpou • Bai Chouyaku [Ninja Arts • Doubled Leap]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra into his feet and releasing it in a short burst in the middle of a jump, Tetsuo is able to "jump again", increasing the range and height of his leaps. He can also use this to change direction in mid-air.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:07 am

Akkei watched the boy’s feet started to lip as he threw the kunia’s. The voice of Tetsou could be heard as he had anticipated it. Her first reaction was to get out of the way boy leaning back to the point that the tree branch no longer was supporting her. Grabbing another round she ‘laced’ it in the pouch and pulled back not locking it into the trigger arm. She was going to use it like a normal Slingshot.

Aiming it as she fell she aim for his final destination as he started to fall as well. Within mere moments she had locked on to what she calculated to be a direct hit. With distance it had to be about 3 feet below where he was in order to hit his torso, she may not have been quick enough to react to normal speed of 8 but someone falling had one speed from that height.

Focusing chakra into round ammo in her pouch she released her hand from a near perfect placement of the weapon. The rubber snapped as it retracted after being released. The cold steel was aimed to hit his lower torso if he didn’t react in time.

Striking the tree next to her the kunai seemed to explode pushing her faster then she had anticipated towards the ground. No time to use hand seals now to avoid hitting the ground she though wondering if she had hit the her target now as he back stroke the ground.
jutsuShow
*Kaiten Tama [Rotation Shot]
E-Rank Taijutsu
Using a small amount of chakra at the point of release, the user of this jutsu gives their projectile a spiraling motion, which results in a straighter shot. This gives better penetration upon impact as well as a straighter trajectory, which makes for a more accurate throw over longer distances.

*Kentou [Scrutiny]
D-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 5 Wit
This is a doujutsu technique achieved through many hours of training and study. After the assessment of data becomes a second nature, users of this technique are able to make calculations and situational analysis on the fly, greatly increasing their ability to make effective strategies.

*Kichi [Dangerous Position]
D-Rank Taijutsu
After becoming well accustomed to fighting with their 'SlingshotXbow', users of this technique no longer need to have a balanced stance to make accurate shots, and are able to do so while moving, falling, dodging or otherwise.

*Heitan Keiro [Flat Path]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Kaiten Tama [Rotation Shot]
By adding a little chakra into their 'slingshotXbow' at the moment of release, users of this jutsu are able to add a little more power to their shot, which can be useful for increasing their range or simply allowing them to aim at their target without taking trajectories into consideration.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:32 pm

The shot hit him dead on, driving him the rest of the way into the ground; he was pinned by the force with which the projectile was now stuck into the ground. He squirmed slightly, grimacing in pain, with tears streaming from his face. "I never wanted to hurt anyone...I never wanted to be the bad guy...I just wanted to be normal for a bit. I just want everyone to stop expecting so MUCH..."

His head lolled to the side, blood welling up beneath him, as he finally passed out.

Akkei, it seemed, had landed on her leg. The bone had fractured such that it had broken the skin, blood welling out quickly, and pain shooting through her. Shock was a very real possibility, but the village could certainly heal her when they got back.

Now, the obvious question; how would Tetsuo get Akkei AND their target back?

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:37 pm

Well... this was pretty bad.

Both his partner and their target had open wounds, wounds that needed to be closed asap. Taking off his jacket and shirt, Tetsuo tore his shirt into strips, quickly splinting Akkei's compound fracture. Then, taking the rest of the strips, Tetsuo bound the target's own wound, doing his best to staunch the bleeding before lifting him across his shoulders in a fireman carry. Looping his free arm around Akkei's waist, Tetsuo would use the extra burst of strength his technique had provided him to take the two of them back to the village.
Active CharactersShow

WillowWays

Post by WillowWays » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:51 pm

((also SEI check your messages, I PC'ed you so help full info. I talked to Yaksha he said we can bandage her leg then she can hobble back home while 'monitoring' their captured rogue.))

((BTW why would she of broken a leg bone.. she would have been almost horizontal, not vertical as she jumped off the branch, and so that show she would have landed more or less.))

Akkei had finally hit him, however in return she had broken her leg. Sadly Akkei only know how to pin a broken leg not to regenerate the leg. Pulling out a scroll, she opened it up as the pain started to flow. She knew she didn’t have long before shock would set it. She quickly grabbed one of the blood pills and took it with a bit of water. “Tetsuo for the moment don’t move him or he could bleed out or worse.” Akkei said as he came over. Then quickly she formed a set of hand seals placing her hands on her broken leg in order to set up a blood clot to prevent internal bleeding.

Then as Tetsou finished pinning her leg, she grabbed her weapon using its long length as a improvised crutch the butt of it being the bottom as to prevent the band from breaking. As she got over she spoke once more. “Don’t move you will end up bleeding out. Here take this blood pill I have more should we need it but I need to stop the blood from draining so you will have to remain still for a moment A pill in her hand she gave it to him in order to help him regenerate blood. Then getting down to his level, she formed another set of hand seals and placed her hands around the wound creating blood clots.

Now as Tetsuo picked the injured rogue ninja, she formed her last two sets of hand seals after placing her weapon around her back. Placing one hand on the Rogue Ninja and the other on herself she allowed an increase of oxygen to flow through their bodies. She was impressed with the Kid, as she was picked up and carried back by Tetsou, back to the village hidden in the mountains.
usedShow
Items:

2x plasma pills, 2x bandages (2x gauze pad (4”x4”) and 2x wrapping cloth (12ft x 2in))
Jutsu:

2x *Blood Clot Technique
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
This highly useful field technique is applied to bleeding wounds to help encourage the coagulation of the blood. After focusing chakra into her hands, the user will hover them over the bleeding wound and begin to channel chakra through it. The chakra will begin to thicken the blood, causing it to clot. Wounds must be dealt with one at a time, and the number of wounds that can be tended to within the three (3) posts that this technique lasts depends on their size. Small wounds take very little time to clot, while moderate wounds take one (1) post of concentration to clot, and large wounds take two (2) posts to clot. Although this technique stops the bleeding, the wound remains vulnerable and will require further care after this has been performed.

2x *Oxygen Flow
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Simple in its form yet highly effective in practice, the Oxygen Flow technique allows its users to clear obstructed airways, to perform less extensive CPR, and to give cells the oxygen they crave. After focusing chakra into the hands, the user will place both over the target's chest (through the back works as well). By allowing the chakra to be channeled throughout the lungs and up through the air ways, any unseen, solid or liquid obstructions will be cleared from these passages and ejected through the mouth, allowing the patient to breathe more easily. Additionally, the hands can be placed over the heart to help oxygenate the body's cells. In this instance, users must be much more careful, as over-oxygenating cells can cause more harm than good. This technique takes the entirety of one post to perform.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

yaksha

Post by yaksha » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:44 pm

((Because shut up.))

"Hey, whaddya know? You caught him. Give the kid a kick in the nuts for me, would ya?"

Mission completed.

Return to “Lightning Empire”