[Mission] Oh this smells Nice

Yaku Fushinkou

Post by Yaku Fushinkou » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm

The guard on gate duty tipped his hat as he saw the genin walk by. With a smile and a wink, he wished you good luck and watched you exit the village. The road led directly downhill where Reika could notice the Chunnin who was waiting impatiently. He was eager to leave

His brown hair was brushed backwards and he was continuously pacing back and forth. He looked at you and frowned, beckoning for you to hurry.

S-Rank Missing NinKirigakure • Missions: S:1 A:5 B:11 C:1 D:1
| Nin: 10 | Tai: 12 | Gen: 10 | Sta: 14 | Con: 12 | Str: 13 | Spe: 15 | Wit: 12 |

MusouKidouSeidouShinbouRanbou

Secrets

Post by Secrets » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Reika bit her lower lip nervously as she rushed forward to meet the Chunnin who she was assigned to help. When the girl finally reached the Chunnin she smiled and introduced herself, “Hello, I’m Reika. Reika Daisuke.” Her voice was soft, and unsure. She offered her hand to the man. Today there was a slight change in her outfit, she was wearing a pair of black gloves.

I’m ready to go.” she gave another bright smile, hoping the Chunnin would be amiable despite her being a few minutes late to meet up with him.
Genin • Kumo • Daisuke, Reika • [ Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1]
Genin • Konoha • Awai, Amaya • [ Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1]
MN • Kiri • Soumei, Kata • [ Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Yaku Fushinkou

Post by Yaku Fushinkou » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:17 am

"Telven," the chunnin dryly responded, offering his name. He didn't seem to be cheery or excited for the mission one bit and refused to shake her hand. This was child's play and he slowly quirked an eyebrow as the genin came closer.

"Just follow me and don't get in the way" the young boy ordered as he beckoned her to follow him down the path. He didn't wait to see if she was following and was already marching down the narrow road. The herbs couldn't be too far off.

The genin didn't mention anything about her being late and in fact was more upset that he still was being forced to take low key missions like these. Sighing to himself, he moved onward. This was going to be one awkward walk.

| Nin: 10 | Tai: 12 | Gen: 10 | Sta: 14 | Con: 12 | Str: 13 | Spe: 15 | Wit: 12 |

Secrets

Post by Secrets » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:57 am

Reika was shocked by the cold tone of his voice, she frowned as he turned and walked forward. The girl stood there for a moment or so trying to figure out if his mood was primarily due to her tardiness, and her hand slowly dropped back to her side. Reika ran to catch up with the Chunnin and finally slowed down when she was next to him, trying again to be polite, “That’s a nice name… Telven.

What else could she say? She didn’t want to walk in silence, that would just be… Well, awkward was probably the best word. Yet, she didn’t have much to say because her shy side was overpowering the want to talk at the moment. Reika let herself fall a step or two behind the Chunnin and scanned her surroundings. “It’s pretty out here today
” she decided with a nod.

Her eyes found Telven’s back then and store at his shirt for a while before letting her eyes wander again. ‘How long will this take?’ she thought curiously, hoping at the same time that Telven would eventually cheer up.

Yaku Fushinkou

Post by Yaku Fushinkou » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:02 am

"I guess.." The boy responded quietly. He looked rather irritated and added with a second thought. "I just wish I could be sending such a nice day doing something useful. This is... runts work. How can you enjoy stuff like this?" It was inconceivable to the child and he looked weakly at his hands. This wasn't the proper work for a ninja.

He seemed rather stubborn with his attitude and refused to say anything else while they walked. He walked with a heavy step and his eyes were always downcast in a fowl mood.

It wasn't long before both of them broke away from the road. The young chunnin quickly ushered her into the grass and they began a steady climb upwards. The trees were starting to become more numerous and Telven appeared to be eager to reach the top.

"When you grab the plants... grab them by their roots. If your skin touches the petal... you're screwed."

It had been the only constructive thing said between the two so far and was rather surprising. "We need thirty of these darn things. I have a bag to put them in. Just don't screw this up." He added the last part with strong emphasize and quickly ascended past her to get to the top.

Secrets

Post by Secrets » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:55 am

Reika smiled at Telven now, “Well, I suppose it’s because I look at it as a step forward, one less step I’ve got to take to get toward my goal. If I do it to my fullest, maybe I’ll get there sooner.” Reika shrugged to herself as she followed a few steps behind the boy.

She was happy his mood was not wholly her fault, if it were her fault at all. The girl had no clue what to do with herself for the rest of the walk, considering Telven didn’t talk much. Reika climbed carefully after the Chunnin, she took his words carefully into account. Though the last few picked at her own ego,

I won’t screw anything up…” she frowned after Telven, making it to the top only a minute after him. “I know you don’t like being assigned to this mission, but could you please be a little less harsh?” she asked meekly as she cautiously set out to find the plants.

If Reika remembered correctly, the plants they were looking for had a red bloom. She spent about fifteen seconds staring at her feet and the ground in front of herself before she spotted something red in the grass. The girl got close to the plant, but not too close, and bent down to look at it for a few moments. Deciding it looked right, she very slowly moved to pick it.

There was no such thing as too much caution when you were dealing with poisionous plants, she'd told herself over and over again. She was wary of the plants, it wasn't in her life goal to be taken down by a plant. Especially since the girl was training to become a good medical ninja, Reika gently pulled the plant by the base of it's small stem out of the ground and stood. "This is the right plant, yes?" She asked Telven, holding the thing out before herself for him to see.

Yaku Fushinkou

Post by Yaku Fushinkou » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:13 am

At the top of the hill was everything that they were looking for. The plants and herbs were scattered among them. Their bright red petals were beautiful, but highly dangerous. Telvin quickly hopped over one to avoid from touching it. His bag was already in hand.

"Harsh?" Telvin looked at her puzzled for a second before his face cracked into a deep sneer, "We're shinobi, Reika. Get use to this. This is the ninja way and it isn't sunshine and flowers." His eyes narrowed almost and he seemed to shake his head and turn away. He wasn't interested in lectures. If she planned to say anything more, he pretended to not hear.

And so the picking began. By the time the girl had picked her first flower, Telvin had already snatched up four and shoved them in the bag. He seemed rather bold with each pluck. When she handed him the flower and asked, he sneered once more. It was the same conceited smile as before.

"Heh yeah that's right."
He was going to turn away with the bag, but with second thought he added "Oh and speed it up. No use being slow and prudent with these. A real ninja should be able to pick it ten times the rate as we are now."

Telvin got onto his knees and ripped a herb right from its root as he pulled it directly into the bag with one fluid motion.

Secrets

Post by Secrets » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Reika didn’t like Telven’s attitude, the girl bit her lower lip hard, until she tasted the steely blood in her mouth. Only then did she sigh as she moved on with the job, crushing the flower in her hand to keep her calm.

She was robotically picking the flowers two and three at a time now, and trying to ignore the cold frustration in her chest. She knew it wasn’t sunshine and flowers, but it certainly wasn’t the ninja way to be so rude and cold, in her mind at the very least.

Only a minute or so later Reika walked up to Telven,“Is this fast enough for you?” she asked coolly, offering him near fifteen flowers in all. Half of what they needed. If he wanted fast, she could do fast. Especially since the girl had made sure to wear her gloves today, she could afford to be a little less cautious.

She threw the flowers a foot in front of Telven’s feet and went back to picking the flowers, still pulling them by their roots two and three at a time. When she had another big bunch she counted them this time, eleven. "Here are eleven more." she said walking them over to Telven, and dropping them in front of him.

Yaku Fushinkou

Post by Yaku Fushinkou » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 pm

As you glanced near Telven, you would notice his fingers brush against the petals. At the moment, it seemed like nothing, but even you couldn't help but notice the red blemish raise against his fingers. His mouth opened into a big "O," but he refused to acknowledge it and kept picking. He looked surprised, but stubborn.

"Yeah I guess that can do. A little half ass'd, but let me finish up here."
He quickly wobbled back to the ground and he continued to pick some of the flowers. He got onto his fifth flower before he stopped and wiped his forehead. His eyes seemed watery and he slowly moved his left limb to move the flower. His right hand looked very red now and he didn't seem to be doing well.

Secrets

Post by Secrets » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Reika had been standing behind Telven the whole time, assessing the damage. Trying to figure out how to go about telling him, but when he mentioned that she’d ‘half asss’d’ her work, she glared and knew exactly how she was going to go about helping this ignorant, vain, and tremendously jackassy boy.

Half ass’d my ass.” She snapped at him, and with her gloved hand snatched his red one, and put it in front of his face, “You came unprepared, AND you screwed up. Alright, you hate getting these kid’s missions. Although that gives you no excuse to be so careless nor does it give you an excuse to insult me. I’ve done nothing wrong, in fact, I’ve worked quickly and efficiently. And you, Telven, are screwed. These flowers have the potential to kill if you ignore the problem.” She threw his hand back to his side, and then, not taking no for an answer, pulled the boy violently by his hair, away from the red flowers. "Which is exactly what you've done. Ignorance is not bliss, ignoring the problem doesn't make it better. You act like a five year old with a bad attitude, no wonder you're still only a Chunnin."

Once she had him in a clear patch of grass, and pushed him onto the ground, “Shut up, and stay still. I’m going to attempt to take an edge off of this so we can get back to town. If you open you mouth, or make one smartass comment, I’ll give you a fever of one-hundred and three so you’ll be…. Cooperative.” She growled at him. Then the girl with extreme caution, peeled a glove off of her hand, “And don’t you dare touch me. Or we are both screwed.” her steely eyes were ice-cold. She was serious, and concerned about his safety.

She put her hand a few inches above his own, and closed her eyes in concentration. Soon, a soft glow could be seen. She was attempting to heal what she could of his poisonous injury.
JutsuShow
*Shousen Jutsu [Mystical Hand Technique]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Shousen Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilized by medical ninja. This technique allows the ninja to heal wounds by focusing their own chakra to their hands. If the ninja is highly skilled, they are able to heal more critical injuries. Highly skilled medical-Nins such as Tsunade can use their techniques to perform surgeries that otherwise would not be possible.

Yaku Fushinkou

Post by Yaku Fushinkou » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:24 pm

The boy was stubborn, but also stunned from her straight forwardness. He was tempted to pipe up with his usual remark, but something in her face told him that she wasn't kidding around.

Even when she grabbed a handful of hair and pulled him closer, he didn't say a peep. He knew that he screwed up and watched silently and almost... obediently as she seized his hand and pulled it forward. He was at awe.

Her fingers were already moving and ascending over his own. The bags were full and they had already exceeded the amount that they needed. She could of left any time and he watched quietly as the green chakra spilled out.

This was followed with a few awkward moments of silence, but soon the red blemish was disappearing. The poison was retreating and vanishing before both of their very own eyes. She had helped him and he had nothing to say. He was speechless, but was able to mutter a few words.

"L..lets go."

[Mission Passed]

Return to “Lightning Empire”