- - Mission - - The Hunt

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 am

Nightfall: the best time to begin a journey that would take a certain ninja on a journey to a far off place. The cool mountain air blew across the peaks, and through the village, finding its way to the gate of the glorious village hidden in the clouds. There stood a lone ninja, about to embark on a one such a journey.

The distance between the village and the first reported refuge of the missing ninja was at least an eight-hour trip on foot. If the ninja wished to make best use of her time, she would be wise to leave without further a due. If she left soon she would make it to the outskirts of the town by dawn, and would have an hour of rest before she began her investigation.

The path was quite clear and familiar to most of the village’s ninja, and was brilliantly lit by a nearly full moon. All that needed to be done was to take the first step, then follow it by another.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Akkei stood at the gate looking over her papers. In them they had reports of her locations that her target had been to recently. On top was a paper with a single person in it. This was a clansman she could not stand to let be free. This was more than a simple hunting mission this was removing a threat to her clan and to Kumogakure.

As she waved to the man at the door to inform them that she was no longer there. Then without wasting another minute she decided to move, as she flew to the first tree branch she was planning on taking the most direct route she could possible take. She moved from one tree to the next flying as if there was nothing in her way. Her mind moved to thoughts of her clan of the family her clan’s men had left. She promised she would bring their daughter back, one way or another.

4 hours in she decided she could make up some time by skating the rest of the way. This means that she could arrived at least an hour ahead of schedule and still have plenty of time to restock on her energy. So with that she landed on the route below forming hand seals before molding chakra into her feet. With that she flew the rest of the way by skating on the wind.
SpoilerShow
* [Wind Element • Wind Skating]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the needed hand seals, the user is able to glide on air as if they were skating on ice. This allows them to move faster (+1 speed) but lowers his/her accuracy (-1 Taijutsu). This doesn't allow them to fly, but rather to travel over things like land, water, and ice with greater ease. The user is only held several inches off of the ground. This Jutsu does not expire until the user’s chakra supply runs out or the user shuts it off.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Ninjutsu: 8
Taijutsu: 6
Genjutsu: 6
Stamina: 8
Control: 8
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Wit: 8
Yuurei, Akkei (Kumo's Phantom Tiger)
Black Ops Rank: Sp. Jounin(B) South Outpost TeamSpecialty: Infiltration/Jack-of-all-trades • n/a
Missions:
[url=about:blank]blank[/url]
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi
Ninjutsu: 3
Taijutsu: 7
Genjutsu: 5
Stamina: 7
Control: 5
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Wit: 6
Morinakahashi, Kiyoshi (Land of tea’s grass cutting hopper)
• 縁 / Land of Tea: C-Rank Samurai • [url=about:blank]Hayashi, Noburu[/url]
Missions: d, d,

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Ninjutsu: 5
Genjutsu: 2
Stamina: 5
Control: 7
Strength: 4
Wit: 5
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 am

The ninja sped through and across the landscape with ease, uninhibited by ambush or obstacle. The landscape morphed and changed as she traveled on, shifting from the mountainous terrain surrounding the village to forest, planes, and finally, as she neared the first town, she would notice that the planes were fading into farmland.

The pale, luminescent orb that had been kind enough to light her way slowly sunk below the horizon, making way for a new light. Signs of day began to appear as the ghostly blue light was replaced by that of dawn, and birds began to sing their melodies.

The ninja had little more than an hour to rest before the town awoke. Moving in now would be pointless, and would only annoy people. Sometimes patience was best.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:42 pm

((Skating jutsu is ended for now))

Akkei had been up all night traveling. He body seemed ready for a break as she watched the moon fall behind the mountains that stood far in the back then was the rolling hills of farm country. The morning mist of the farm land hovered just above the fields as she continued to walk. It was truly a beautiful morning, the kind of day perfect for a journey. As she came to the village she smiled. The first leg of her trip that would take her to places she did not yet know. Going to her old habits she found a tree in the village’s surrounding farm land.

There she sat for nearly an hour’s just resting her body. She went over it several times to make sure she was still in good health. Thought she had arrived fatigued, she seemed still well in the way of energy. So leaning back she watched the sky, as she became entranced by its beauty, waiting for people to get up. She knew one thing though, she will sleep good tonight.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Black Ops Rank: Sp. Jounin(B) South Outpost TeamSpecialty: Infiltration/Jack-of-all-trades • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 am

As dawn slowly shifted into morning, people began to awake. Soon the rich smell of breakfasts cooking throughout the village could be noticed, and before long, the sound of children in the streets would reach the ninja’s ears. Farmers were already out and about on their farms, milking cows, feeding the livestock, and inspecting their fields. All in all, this place looked like a happy village.

As time drifted on, rustling could be heard in the field to the ninja’s left. Soon after, a man emerged with a surprised look on his face. “I knew I saw something come over here.” He said unpleasantly. “Unless you have good intentions, I suggest you get out of my fields and off of my farm.”

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:34 am

Akkei listened as the sounds of the day seemed to be heard in her ears. She was in thought as she looked up at the sky. This was the way she often proceeded when she wasn’t in as much of a hurry, or when she had time to kill while waiting or trying to become motivate.’ where did you go Nami?’ she thought to herself as she listened around.

She decided it was time to finally do some investigating. However before she could move she heard a voice as the sounds of shuffling of the ground foliage was heard. ‘I know it is too soon to find you now Nami.’ was what ran through her mind. As she lazily turned her head towards the direction of the voice. Her eye studied the man, she listened to his idle chatter, I slightly irritated her. How could the man have such disrespect without gaining any information first? She happened to be at the moment in her traditional uniform. She did not want to be fully covered. After all it was beautiful as the night air had touched her skin.

“I think you may want to watch your choice of words when addressing someone you know nothing about.” She said her face covered by the mask. If anything he might realize she had a purpose here and be willing to help. “I don’t suppose I am the first to of been found on your property. More so I suppose you are probably luck to have the chance to meet me at this time.” She said rather suggestively, her voice seeming to be a tad inquisitive.

As she got up she casually walked towards the man. “Please forgive my laziness. I happen to be from Kumogakure, on a importance mission. I am in need of some information of an individual. Would you happen to know anything about a young lady?” she asked pausing for a moment to ‘clock’ his reaction. “The girl would have been about 5’5”, 150lb soaking wet. We have some Intel that suggests she may have come this way not to long ago. If you can help me can you please let me know who might?”

Her eyes still studying the man, she wanted to make sure he was not under some sort of jutsu or perhaps had some kind of grudge against her fellow missing clanswomen.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:42 am

The man drew back when he saw the headband that the ninja wore. He was not sure of what to do. A hired killer who was hunting someone was now interrogating him. What if she decided to kill him? That morning when he kissed his wife could have been the last thing she knew of him. He would never get to see his daughter grow into a woman. He would leave his family behind with no way to support themselves. He had to stay on this woman’s good side. He didn’t know anything about the girl she spoke of, but he still wanted to help if he could.

The man spoke with a stutter, suddenly afraid for his life. “I haven’t seen anyone by that description, but ask the towns people, they might know. Please don’t kill me, I leave a wife and daughter behind.” He hoped she would deem his information worthy of sparing his life.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Akkei had stoop at proper speaking distance from the man as she waited for a replay. She watched she his body, became more timid-like as fear crept in. She listened to him speak; her mask seemed to frighten the man. Well it was already too late to remove her mask. “Kill you, why would I do that? Unless you are doing something that threatens Kumogakure, I have no reason to.” She said to the man. Before leaving she spoke again. “If you should see anyone that matches that description, please try to avoid them and notify your local authority please.” Then giving a bow she turned and left for the town’s center.

She walked along the simple dirt road that she had traveled for a bit before finally reaching the town’s main street. ‘where would the best place be to find information one a rogue ninja?” she asked herself. There are different places for different types of rogue ninja. Which would have been Nami’s choice for hidden location? What would she of done here?” she questioned herself looking for someone that might be able to help.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 am

The farmer stammered an affirmation before backpedaling into the fields until his presence was once again hidden. He then returned to his work in the fields, hoping that the ninja would not come back. He had had a bad run in with a ninja once before who tried to get information out of him. He had not been satisfied with a simple no.

The village had not had rain in almost a week, and the dirt road was loose with dust. By the time the ninja reached the town she would be covered head to toe in dust.

The townspeople moved about as they always had. None of them seemed to be acting strangely. That was, until they saw the ninja. The children in the streets were shooed into houses, and the adults became wary, not taking their eyes from the ninja.

A single man exited a building that looked like a classic jailhouse, and strode up to the ninja. He was not about to let some ninja disrupt the town like that. He introduced himself as the sheriff of the town, and immediately asked what the ninja’s business in his town was.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 pm

Standing in the middle of the street she tried to dust herself off. Not watching the people at first as they started to leave. She noticed some unusual movement out the corner of her eye. She tilted her head out (‘back’) as she continued to lean forward. Her hand hit her pants one last time as she stood up fully. ‘Huh I wonder where everyone is going. Could be like the farmer, which would mean…’ she thought to herself as she stopped mid way. A lonely man seemed to of watched out of the locate jail as the rest finished hiding.

“Well that’s not the best way to greet someone. Oh well” she said to herself about the people hiding. “I apologize for what seems to be …me disrupting the villages normality…I am on a mission to gather Intel” she said to the man. “I had spoken with a farmer up the road and he suggested I come here to find someone that might know anything about the individual I am looking for."

"The Information I was given would have suggested they would have come this way.” Going back over the description again she made sure this time to include so extra tid-bits. “The rogue ninja I am looking for is about 5’5, 150lb soaking wet. She about…14 or 15 yrs of age, with a crest of somewhere on her.” With that she showed their clan’s crest to the gentlemen, hoping this would help identify Nami better.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:53 am

TThe man grimaced. He did not like ninja, but supposed that it would be in the town's best interest to try and help out if he could.

"If I may ask, why in blazes would she be soaking wet?" He said when she mentioned the identifying characteristics of the girl. He didn't know if he could help her, but she seemed a little off, and he didn't trust her. If anything, he had to keep her from interogating the rest of the village for fear that she would hurt someone. The last thing he wanted was to have one of his citizens injured because he couldn't give adequate information.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Studying the man she noticed his body, which seemed to be more than just agitated. Akkei looked around the people of the village still seemed nervous, and unwilling to come out of their house. Then turning back around she noticed another individual hiding from sight near a building. It was a small child curious of her. Then as sudden as he appeared he disappeared as he was pulled back. “Hmm?” she noted his question. “sorry it’s an expression which means that the person doesn’t appear to be the size stated, regardless if they are more or less.” She replied to the man.

“Perhaps this would be better done in a private place.” Akkei suggested as she raised an arm open palm towards the building he had extracted himself from. She knew she needed to get the information, out of this place which seem like they had other experience. Then taking a step forward she moved towards the building, which could have been his office.

((will wait for the better interrogation till I know he is going towards the building))
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:04 pm

The man was still lost as to what the ninja was trying to say, but did not press the matter, as e did not want to die. He stood in the street for a moment or two before following the ninja to the jail building, still utterly confused. As he walked, he waved to the citizens, trying to assure them that everything was under control and all right.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:54 am

Reaching the office, Akkei allowed the man to enter. She was on armed in appearance, so it wasn’t like she was in any way threatening at the moment. And thought her body had marks scattered about her voice would suggest she was more than willing to work with the man, in order to come to a common goal. Get her out of the village. She smiled under her mask, as she sat down. “I am a simple shinobi, on a mission for information. All I am asking is for a bit of your time in order to help make the area a bit safer.” She said hoping to appeal to his more protective ‘nature’.

She pulled out a photo of her target in question, as she moved it over to him. “This is the last known photograph of the individual. Her name is Yuurei, Nami. From what Intel we have gathered so far, she was seen headed this way.” Looking around she noticed how the jail was kept, it didn’t seem like they got much trouble…ever. ‘Hmm.’ she said in thought.

“Look I am in a bit of a hurry, and would rather not have to get more shinobi involved in this matter. I am just simply asking for any information you or someone else might have on the individual. Just need to know if she had come thought here, and anything else that might help.” She said looking at the man’s desk.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 am

Not feeling at all comforable with the fact that he was alone with a ninja, the man entered the building, trying not to look too afraid. He offered a seat to the woman, but remained standing. He took the picture that was offered to him, and stared at it for a moment, trying to recall when he had seen her.

"I've seen her." He said thoughtfully. "But it was almost two weeks ago, and she was just passing through. She bought supplies at the general store before moving on. I think she headed west, but I didn't ask where she was going. That's all I know." He concluded, opening the door for her to leave.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 pm

The desk, Akkei noticed was not in any particular condition. In fact it seemed more randomized as stack of papers were he and there, a couple papers in a small mess in front of the chair. For the most part the desk seemed to be bare of any sort or clutter at all. She turned her head back towards the man. “I see two weeks ago huh?” she said pulling out a booklet. She wrote the information down.

“And you said she headed west with some added supplies she picked up.” Then looking out the door she tried to locate the general store. “Two more things was she with anyone or perhaps she mentioned she was meeting anyone?” she said turning her head while still leaning.

“Also before I leave would it be ok to speak with the person that sold the supplies? I would like to know if they might know what all she purchased.” She said hoping this might tell her a little bit more of where she was heading in better detail, or how long she planned for it to take.

“Perhaps I might be able to load up on some supplies myself depending on what they are able to tell me.” She said hoping to both give an incentive from bringing business to the village, and stocking up on supplies that might have been needed to follow further.

In truth she had brought her additional supply scroll with her. But she figured you may always need the one or two specialty tools to follow someone, even for a Yuurei.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:31 pm

The man blinked a few times before sputtering, "Uh, sure, just don't steal anything or hurt anyone." He obviously knew little about ninja, and what they were all about. Because of this lack of knowledge, he feared them and their intentions. The general store was across the street and down the road a few buildings. It was your average store, with potatoes and sugar, and things of the sort.

The sheriff showed the ninja out, and closed the door, returning to his work and hoping he would not regret letting the ninja stay.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Watching as her inquiry seemed to throw the man off she couldn’t help but laugh in her heed. This was abruptly ended with his following statement, “huh? Steal or hurt…what does he think I am? A cut throat bandit or pirate?” she thought to herself. Walking over to the door she passed the threshold before turning towards the man. With a smile behind her mask she bowed to the man. “Thank you for your help.” She voice reached his hears, with a soft touch of a woman, but with the steady tone of a warrior.

Then she turned towards the main street again scanning the area. She first looked to see if there were people out, followed by finding the store’s location. Knowing both she looked around again before saying good bye as she moved forward. The store wasn’t far but the way the citizens reacted to her presence, make moving through more difficult. The piercing gaze of the citizens, were felt by the Kunoichi.

As she reached the building her name moved forward as she opened the door. She noticed how this was kept; it was truly a small town with not much crime. The broom of the store laid against the frame of the wooden building as she entered. She looked around before moving to the front counter. “Excuse me, but perhaps you might be able to help me.” she said giving a slight bow the shop keeper.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:55 pm

The door clicked behind the ninja as she walked away, leaving a still dumbfounded sheriff in her wake. The shopkeeper and his wife were both in the store behind the counter, and stopped what they were doing when they saw the ninja enter. The man bade his wife to go into the back room for safety, and she obliged without protest, finding something to do in the back while her husband took care of things in the front. The man nodded to the ninja, asking if he could help her. He did not like ninja, but did not want to instigate her to violence. He just wanted to help her so she would leave.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:04 pm

She had seen there was two people that seemed to of been in a corner before opening the front door. The bell had rung. That must have been what triggered the old man to hurry the women a way. What would he think when he heard her voice? She thought as she had the man approach. “Actually I am looking for a girl. Perhaps you remember her” she spoke to the old man, in a rather soft feminine voice. She pulled out the paper, she had given to the Sherriff to look at, and handed it to the man giving a slight bow of respect.

Akkei was not the sort of person to be rude off the bat, regardless of how she was viewed. Then looking around she noted at how the shop was filled, marking thing she herself might use normally and things her clan might as well. “I spoke to the sheriff who told me she had been here about 2 weeks ago. So I was wondering if you might be able to tell me what she purchased, and how much?” she said pulling out her notebook she carried with her for missions and training.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:47 am

The man listened to the woman speak; nervously wiping his already clean hands on his white apron. He looked about worriedly, glancing out the window to see the sheriff leaning against one of the supports for the jail building. Seeing that the ninja was being watched brought brief comfort to the man, even if the ninja could kill him without hesitation and probably escape unscathed.

With this slight assurance, the man was able to bring himself to composition, taking the paper from the woman’s hand, and inspecting it. He had, indeed seen the face, and remembered a few things about her that he would be more than happy to tell the ninja about.

With a stutter, the man spoke. “Yes, I’ seen ‘er. She ehm, came in here the ot’er week lookin’ for supplies. Said she had a long trip ahead. I r’member her bein’ alone. She came in ‘ere askin’ for a water skin and enough food to last a week. I don’ know if ‘at help you ‘tall, but it would be all I know. You c’n take what you want, j’st please don’ harm us. We can co-operate, and’d love to help you if you find the need.” The man’s accent seemed foreign, but he could have just been on the lesser side of educated. With what information he had given to the woman, he slowly returned to the safe haven of the back room, and was gone.

WillowWays

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by WillowWays » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Akkei watched the man’s reaction, and found that the whole town was sort of odd in the same way. She realized there was a lot of mystery about her job, but to be this fearful at the same time was very intriguing. She listened to the man and before he left she spoke to him. “Water and food to last a week, hmm, and the sheriff said she was heading west.” She said to herself as the man moved towards the back door. “Um, one more thing sure. Please may I ask where I might pay if you and your…wife? Are in the back. I honestly could not simply take what I wanted without paying. Beside if my superiors found out I would be in big trouble, sir.” She said finishing with a bow to the man. The last thing she wanted to do was seem rude. After all that would cause bad relations between neighboring areas.

Then she looked around. She knew her pack scroll had enough food and water to last a mouth. Perhaps she would grab something thought for her lunch. After all there was no need to eat what was in her scroll when there was food right in this town. “Perhaps you can recommend something good to eat for lunch. I would like to try out some local dishes while I am going through she said with a soft voice.

After getting her food she. Placed the money on the counter, hoping that no one would steal it. And simply walked out the door. St stood there wondering what was west that Nami was heading towards. “Well could you please make sure they get the money. I would hate to know someone stole it after I left. Then she started to walk towards the western route. “Ja mata.” She said waving to the sheriff. She had pulled out a book to read while walking. She figured. That west was more then she needed and that knowing Nami placed for food and water for a week meant she had a destination planned.
CharactersShow
Akkei Yuurei
SpoilerShow
Missions:
Social:
Kiyoshi Morinakahashi

Socials:
Haichi, Mai
SpoilerShow
Haichi, Mai
Chunin • n/a
Missions:
Social:
Irakashi, Yuri
you know you want toShow

Checkmate

- - Mission - - The Hunt

Post by Checkmate » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:23 pm

With the information that her target had left only two weeks prior, and the fact that she was heading somewhere that was a week away, and the fact that there was only one place in the westward direction that was a week away, and the fact that it would be unlikely for the girl to move on so soon, the ninja could return to her village and report on a job well done. The village would be able to use this information to hunt the girl, and bring her to justice.

Pass

Return to “Lightning Empire”