Unstoppable

Punslinger

Unstoppable

Post by Punslinger » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

The village was a large and busy one, fifteen to twenty city blocks settled across the path of the main thoroughfare in the foothills where farming and livestock were the main export to points north. But, to the careful observer, there was a distinct air of anxiety, one in which the slightest offense or confrontation led to a full scale argument. Street vendors were in a foul mood and the bustle of the market was done in hushed undertones, as if everyone were listening for the sound of something quiet.

And to the same observer, the wait to find what this sound might be was soon cut short as a piercing cry split the air, echoing over the rooftops with an eerie persistence.
CharactersShow
[Rank] Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shin
Missions Accomplished: Shinfo Mission

[Rank] Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato • Tsutomu
Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow
[Rank:] Bannin • Iwagakure no Sato • Sekitan OushiHanpatsuFubuki HabikuroShuuchaku

[Rank:] D-Rank Missing-Nin • Sunagakure no Sato Mamoru

[Rank:] Chuunin• Kirigakure no Sato • Orai, Kouu

[Rank:] Genin • Kumogakure no Sato • Shitagane, Iori

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:25 am

Hayate's carriage bumped continuously as he flipped his pocket watch open and closed. A dramatic scene, the carriage stopped, his pocket watch closing. Now. A piercing screech took place, the horse pulling the carriage whinnied and became extremely spooked.

Stepping out from the carriage, his hood pulled over his head and his hands in his pockets, he looked up to the eerie sky and incidentally also absorbed the equally eerie atmosphere of the village around him. Scratching his chin he questioned himself. "Na- no. Maybe? Yes, YES! MARVELOUS!" he said with great excitement. Without doubt, whatever the piercing screech was the stranger known as Hayate was certainly there for it. Wasting no time he looked for the highest point in the village, to which he would run to. This was the place he needed to be.

Upon arrival at said place he would plop himself onto it with a joking sway that spoke "Call me Mr. Swa- Mr. Class". Lowering his hood he raised his head up, his chin pointing to the sky, his arms spread wide.

"I hear you have a problem here folks!" he said in a chuckle. A deranged stranger in a trench-rain-coat standing atop the highest point in the village screaming? Obviously not a normal day. "Don't interrupt me- I hear your gawking, just pay homage to me with your eyes. I'm going to set you free, fly my little kin!" He paused. "For I now rule this sky, and this area. I am the top predator!" he said, everything in his person pointing to confidence from his swaying to his heroic posture. He would appear very egotistical.

Though, there was a method to his madness. He had just called out the beast who's screech dominated these poor peoples lives. He had just called out this beast while standing upon one of the places highest perches, claiming he ruled the sky...

"Chirp Chirp. Only the weak need Pride, and the weak have nothing when that's taken!" he screamed in a mocking tone before screeching himself. Was a good day to be abducted and perhaps ferried to a nest.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Punslinger

Unstoppable

Post by Punslinger » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 pm

There was a collective, stunned silence as a robed figure burst from a carriage on the street, strapping a giant scroll to his back as he bounded up over the market booths to the rooftops and finally to the belltower of the local shrine, crowing at the sky from the top like some sort of deranged maniac.

The sky failed to answer back.

Sufficed to say, the monks inhabiting the shrine were the first to react, as twenty of them or so armed with staves swarmed out into the courtyard, yelling threats at the blasphemous intruder. On the street, most of the people had gotten over their momentary shock; most of them had at least heard of ninjas before, and there were also certain samurai to the south capable of such acrobatic feats, if not such hubris. Most of them went back to their morning routines, while a select few joined in yelling obscenities at the obnoxious stranger.

“Get down from there, you git, you'll break your neck!”

“Who the hell do you think you are?!”

“No, let him stay! If he's up there long enough, we might be rid of him quick-like, get me?”

The last comment was met with a smattering of jeering laughter before the hecklers too fell quiet, waiting for the monks to finish climbing the tower to remove the bat from their belfry.

On the street, one man could be seen waving anxiously, trying to get Hayate's attention.
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow
[Rank:] Bannin • Iwagakure no Sato • Sekitan OushiHanpatsuFubuki HabikuroShuuchaku

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Hayate's expression underwent rapid change. His plan, which he had assumed would work, as if the bird was all seeing, was probably a bit hasty. Probably jumped the gun, but man, carriage rides could do that to a man. Instantly turning to a "oh shit" expression he slumped. "I only meant to draw that birds attention so I could take care of it." he said apologizing, and rapidly leaping off of it to a nearby building, a man waving catching his eye.

In his next bound he leaped towards the man waving at him, and took off with him. "Yes?" he said, putting his head up.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Punslinger

Unstoppable

Post by Punslinger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:30 pm

The jounin's halfhearted apology did little to sate the righteous indignation of the monks, who were still shouting damnations down on him as he descended to street level, where the anxious little village official began tugging on his arm, trying to lead him away from the scene.

"Those damn monks are going to ruin any chance we'll ever have of opening an inn here. They patrol the town looking for "sinners" to punish; we haven't been able to get properly drunk in years."

The last sentence was uttered with a wistful sigh as the two hurried through the side streets, followed by the sound of the monks shouting behind them as the angry group burst through the shrine gates and poured out into the street after them, spreading out in all directions.

Presently, the little man ushered Hayate into a doorway just off of the main thoroughfare, although the pair had entered from a backstreet to avoid attention.

"Are you the shinobi then?"

The voice was attached to a heavy man in his fifties seated at a large table facing the door, with a strong jaw that spoke to his natural authority, but a paunch that spoke to his affluence. His tone was that of exasperated disinterest, as if the day had already been going on forever despite the fact that it was barely midday.
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm

He followed the man, making sure he he did what needed to be done. "Aye. And I apologize for getting such a ridiculous issue going. Just wanted to challenge the bird, but I guess my random bursts aren't always productive." He nodded as he followed the man further along- still on guard.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Punslinger

Unstoppable

Post by Punslinger » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 pm

The two officials exchanged two looks: one that asked the obvious question, and another that said "don't ask" with a roll of the eyes.

"Yes, well." the big man returned to the issue at hand by clearing his throat and delving into a drawer in the table, retrieving several slips of paper and a bag of coins that jingled. Assuming that the most immediate attention would be drawn to the bag, the older man gestured.

"We realize that we've already paid the standard fee to your superiors, but we're also prepared to add an additional sum of fifteen ryo as an ancillary incentive to end the hunt as quickly as possible. We've also included some crude sketches done by the locals, a map of the affected homesteads and directions the bird was seen flying when leaving them. There's also a place where we've estimated the beast might be living, but it could be anywhere within fifty miles of that location for all we know."

He took a deep breath before continuing. "What information we do have has come from repeated failure on our part, so you can understand why we've undertaken your hire in this matter. If there's anything else we can provide, now would be the time to ask."

The last sentence was spoken with the same longsuffering tone and look that had remained on the official's face during the entire encounter; asking him for information might be indulged, but any further assistance would very likely tread on what little patience the man had left. And, to punctuate the fact that the meeting was drawing to a close, the smaller official at the door withdrew back into the little building with a strained look on his face.

"It is perhaps best that you begin quickly, Shinobi. The monks are coming this way and documenting deaths and arranging burials is so tedious."

The little man sounded like he was speaking from experience. Small towns such as this one were often subject to regular oversight by feudal lords, and failure to record major incidents of death was often punished by equally major executions.
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 am

Hayate nodded along to every statement, shaking his head however to the offer of more wages. "No. As a shinobi, it's partially my duty to help others. I don't need extra pay for doing the job as it should be done." Would extra ryo be nice? Yeah. But, did he want to rob these people of more money for work he would, well, was already going to do? No. That would be wrong in his eyes.

He took the map and notes an examined them. "By any chance do those monks worship that bird, then?" he joked while examining the map. Well, he really did wonder that, but he placed it as a joke. There was a trend in the directions the bird was flying in, without a doubt. He would head at full throttle to the point, and call the monks out there.

"Thanks for your assistance." he noted to the officials. Seemed like reasonable people, unlike the monks.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Punslinger

Unstoppable

Post by Punslinger » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Between refusing money and his question about the monks, Hayate was being closely scrutinized as he backed toward the door.

"No, they're Shinto monks. Zealous ones at that." the big official muttered, raising a critical eyebrow.

The cries and calls of the zealots in question were getting closer, as well as the startled shouts of villagers being shunted to the side by the tide of bald heads armed with bisentou.

"Please, use the back door." the little official gestured, seemingly very serious about getting the shinobi out of town as quickly as possible.

The back door was exactly that, a door at the back of the building that opened into a slightly smaller street than the one in front of the building, with a relatively clear shot northward and out of town, barring several homesteads just outside the village proper and the village wall.
CharactersShow

Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:18 am

"Because zealous, raving monks would not worship some giant monster." he chuckled. Sure, they could think what they wanted, but hey, it could make sense. Concentrating on the task at hand he looked to the door, and took out it. He'd keep to the alleys and back-streets in shadows, his hood pulled up.

The alley way was calm, and there were other adjacent streets and perpendicular streets, one of which went straight out the village to the north. He decided he would take that path and head out towards the mountains as soon as he could.

"The Roost." He pulled his hood down, his arm up holding it as he took off at full speed for his destination.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 am

A strange sort of calm seemed to have taken over the village since his meeting. As Hayate walked he would find his way unhindered, and no sounds from the terror in the skies. Yet at the end of the alley, as Hayate drew nearer, was what appeared to be a young boy, no older than ten, standing there staring at the mountains, his hands folded neatly in front of him. He simply stared.

If Hayate were to look to where he was staring he would find nothing but the mountains, and yet there seemed to be movement up high, difficult to see, but it was there nonetheless.

"He protected me." came the boys quiet and timid voice as Hayate drew closer.
CharactersShow
Masami Ren16ChuninKirigakure No SatoAiri , KazukiThe Blood Ritual
Shoshiki Hikari16GeninIwagakure No SatoN/ASplintered Glass
Hyuuga Ami19JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Kouseki Hitomi20JouninSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Satomi Mio18D Rank SamuraiFrost CountryN/AN/A

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:06 am

As Hayate traversed the alleys in silence he came upon an opening, where a boy who looked around the age of ten sat solemnly. Solemnly amidst all the chaos that was this t- oh well, the chaos Hayate had caused. He seemed to stare intently at the mountain... and then he spoke. He spoke three simple words, and Hayate had known what he had meant. "He protected me."

Lowering his hood he approached the child and softly spoke. "Hello." It was a friendly tone and clearly not harmful- hopefully not creepy. "Who saved you, friend?" He hoped to find out more information from the lad.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 am

The boy pointed to the mountain, more specifically the movement. "He saved me. But then every one got scared, and so did he. No one understands why he did it. No one listens, they just want him dead." he looked at Hayate a moment as if trying to figure out if this stranger was here to help, or merely a hunter of the 'beast' that had saved his life.

"Are you like them?" he asked cautiously.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:28 am

"No." Hayate said quite strongly. His face was blank, but his tone was anything but that. "I'm not like them. I use my mind to decide things, not my emotions. I'm not afraid of anything. So fear cannot take hold of me and corrupt my mind." Lowering himself into a crouch he set his hand on the boys shoulder.

"I was paid to remove the bird, but removal does not mean harm. There are many ways to help the bird and the people- so to speak. I could show the people the bird is to be revered not feared. Or I could help give the bird a safer and better environment." He cut himself off before going much further.

"Can you take me too him?"

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 am

The boy looked up at the mountain and back to Hayate, nodding. "He was just trying to help me, and then they attacked him, so he attacked them, and he hasn't stopped." he said quietly, as he started up what looked like a little-worn path towards the mountain.

The boy walked with his hands in his pockets, his mind obviously on whatever had happened, and seeming to blame himself for what the large bird was doing.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:29 am

Hayate raised his eyebrows. Huh... So then there was some past between the bird and the villagers that wasn't just an evil bird killing "They were- it was." Yeah. Things were never that simple. Instead of continuing it Hayate looked to the kid again, then back to the path.

"Well, do you want to go see your friend, maybe bring him a gift?" Hayate said, a smile replacing his blank expression. "I'm sure if you're there it would help and... I believe that everyone can makeup for the wrong doings!" he held a thumb up, his grin even cheesier than before.

"Kid, guilt is gunna eat you up, so how bout reconciling things?" He held his hand out, and would shake with the kid if he decided to join Hayate.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:38 pm

The boy didn't shake his hand, but he motioned for Hayate to follow him up the path. "If you want to see him, you best follow me." he told him. "But he doesn't much like strangers." he added as an afterthought.

It would be a couple moments of walking, assuming Hayate did indeed follow him, before he spoke again. "My father had taken to beating me you see. We were camping up here, and he took the flat side of a sword to me... that was when I met him. He swooped down and threw my father from the hill. It killed him. When the village found out... they tried to attack him. It's been horrible ever since."
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Nodding, Hayate worked his way up the path, his eyes searching wide for anything and everything. He needed to be observant. As the boy spoke of the bird, he began to reply, his eyes however still searching the surrounding area. "It's alright, we just have to show him we mean no harm."

Hayate had a plan. As the boy spoke of what happened, his face crunched. "I see. Did you tell them your story?" The poor kid. What kind of scum beat his own kin?

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:00 am

"I tried." the boy replied. "They wouldn't listen."

As they walked up the path, the incline became a bit steeper. They were out in the open now, no foliage around them, no real cover at least, and as they walked the sounds of the great bird could be heard. He didn't sound happy, and he seemed to be getting closer.

Several minutes after the boy spoke, the bird was visible, flying around the mountain, so far he appeared to be coming towards them.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:07 am

Hayate nodded, his grin fading and his face becoming solemn once more. There was no humour or happiness in a case of child abuse or villagers who thought in fear and tossed aside children. Now in the open, they could hear the bird.

Hayate's eyes tightened as he instinctively drew a kunai- pausing and then tossing it straight into the ground. There it was- the bird in all of it's glory... flying right at them. His eyes widening, he thought of what to do. Shit.

He drew his staff and pounded it into the ground, stepping in front of the child.

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS..." he said defiantly, his hair shining brightly in the sunlight, his skin sparkling with every bead of sweat that rolled down his forehead.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:23 am

The bird appeared to hear Hayate, though whether or not that was a good thing remained to be seen. As he drew nearer he brought his wings in close and dropped fast. As he drew close he would throw his wings out, claws forward, aiming to injure Hayate.

The boy's eyes widened as he ran away from behind Hayate. "I suggest moving!!!"
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 am

Hayate watched the bird incredously. It was magnificent. Beautiful. His grin had reappeared as he even spoke. "You are quite the beautiful specimen." All the while, he had been unbuttoning his pouch and gear and whatever he could.

Tied to his staff, everything but his scroll, he chucked it off the side of the mountain, mentally noting where it was.

Free of weaponry or any show of harm, he raised his hands in the air. "Helllloooo Bird!" he yelled in an excited tone.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 am

The boy dropped to the ground, covering his head as the bird kept coming, straight for Hayate.

If Hayate did not move he would find himself face to face with the bird who was about to slam into him at full speed.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Hayate, standing perfectly still would time a roll forward so the bird would hopefully smash into the ground. After that, he would try to logic with it. Hopefully it would be to dazed for flight. Right? Either way as he rolled, he let out a battle cry. "Try to keep up!" he said.

Either way.

His next move would be to jump onto it's back. He might of been damn crazy, but he was going to tame this bird. "Just like cart racing!" he noted. He would then try to talk to the bird.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 am

The bird did indeed slam into the ground, and by it's sheer size rolled across the clearing and into the trees, standing up in a daze and shaking it's head as it tried to clear itself of the stars it felt like were circling it's head. And as it did so it felt a weight on it's back, a weight named Hayate.

The boy on the ground was shaking his head, likely muttered something about the lack of sanity in strangers.

Meanwhile the bird let out a loud cry, and took off into the sky, whether Hayate held on or not would be up to him.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:00 am

Hayate stood fully erect, his feet planted solidly on it's back, chakra running through them to help bond him to the bird. The feeling so far was magnificent. The bird was not just some creature, but to him a work of art. It's feathers were perfectly shaped and tiered and rowed and place.

It's wings like muscles surrounding a hollow but extremely strong skeleton. It was wonderful, and the flight was quite the experience. His arms stretched wide as the wind batted him he smiled.

"NAKAJIMA HAYATE! PLEASED TO MEET YOU FRIEND!" he said in a loud cry.

"Would you like to get a DRINK BIG GUY!"

His yelling probably just made him seem insane, the wind wasn't distorting his volume all that much.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 pm

The bird didn't seem too pleased, turning it's body straight up into the sky, moving higher and higher into the sky with great flaps of it's wings, it wasn't long before the ground was far away, the trees like specks, and even the boy seemed to disappear from view.

When the bird felt he'd reached the crest of his flight, he turned, heading downward, and started a barrel roll.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Hayate let out a wild, primal roar as the bird rose. "WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO" This was perhaps the most exciting feeling in his life ever, and he was transparent about it. His arms back and the wind pounding him in the face, his hair flying back, he grinned. The sky is such lovely place. The clouds. Everything. He chuckled.

Then something happened, the bird began to drop. His stomach dropped too and he almost lost everything, but he kept his joy happy. He couldn't succumb to fear, not until he calmed this thing down.

As it rolled he grabbed onto it's feathers and gave his all.

"THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING HIM." he said, holding onto the bird. It was obvious he spoke about the boy. "And thank you for this amazing experience." he let out too. He was just going to be stubborn and out will the damn bird.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:08 am

The hawk was determined to get this Hayate off his back, whether or not he understood what the man was saying remained to be seen. As they drew nearer to the ground, the hawk threw his wings out, flying fast and only a few feet above the trees, trying to think of a way to throw this man off.

A couple of times he rolled over in the air, aiming to scrape Hayate off of him on the trees.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:39 am

Hayate was not going to budge, and he let his hands seal. Forming a gigantic ball of storm chakra. As he neared the tree's, he would plow his way through each, destroying it as he sailed over it safely. He would not let this bird shake him.

As he did this, he grinned. Showing this bird his power and his S-Rank level skill might help him. Maybe just a little?
UsedShow
[Ranton: Shockwave]
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Perhaps Hayate's single-handed most dangerous technique, a large sphere of spinning storm energy begings to form after performing a set of hand seals. This sphere visually looks like a mass amount of violently churning storm energy in every direction at a speed of up to twelve. What makes this jutsu so incredibly dangerous is it's perfect use of the storm energy properties in that it is both a liquid which envelops and flows and a pierce cutting electrical force. Disorienting waves and pierce-cutting shocks aside, anything that touches the event horizon of the eight foot diameter sphere with less than 11 strength gets pulled in with an incredible force towards the middle of the ball. Once the desired targets are within the sphere- the user can then detonate it as it implodes with a force of ten exploding tags in a crushing, shocking, and piercing shockwave destroying whatever was within and sending electrified shrapnel all over in a eight meter radius. This technique lasts for five posts or until detonated by the user.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 am

How long had this gone on? Certainly the bird didn't know. But after he tried again and again to throw Hayate from him, still Hayate didn't budge, and finally the bird landed on the mountainside once more. But he didn't stand, he was so exhausted he simply dropped to his belly, resting even his head on the ground. The boy ran over and touched the bird's beak, running his hands over him as he looked up at Hayate. "What happened?" he asked.

From further down the path, a commotion could be heard, and two men walked up the path. Both appeared armed with swords, and ill intent in their eyes.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Hayate looked down the path at the now encroaching men. Looking to the kid as he leaped from the bird, petting it's beak, he spoke quickly. "Climb down that tree carefully. There's plenty of footholds. Retrieve my gear, quickly." And with that order, he began to step forward from the bird.

These men... their intent was clearly to end the bird. And Hayate would not let that happen.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 pm

The boy nodded, running over to where Hayate had thrown his gear over and found the tree he was talking about it. Using it, he climbed down the tree to where he could see Hayate's things caught in the branches.

The two men stopped just a few feet short of Hayate. "Move aside. That monstrosity killed one of our friends, we're going to return the favor."

The bird remained where he was, barely even watching. He was exhausted, between the flight with Hayate and his fights with the village below, he had no energy left.

The boy was still retrieving Hayate's gear as the men spoke to him, it would take him a couple minutes to get the gear and get back to Hayate.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Hayate did not want to hurt them. Slowly cracking his neck he put his hand up. "I'm afraid I cannot let you do that." he said, as his hand that was held up suddenly flickered with energy, lightning forming around the tips with crackling ferocity.

Hopefully being a ninja would scare them off.

"Your friend was a bastard who abused his son. In fact, he was beating him when this here bird killed him. Funny fact, this bird is more intelligent than most your town." He was sort of bullshitting. He didn't know if the bird was or not, but he couldn't resist the chance to put these idiots down.
UsedShow
[Raiton: Nakajima Talons]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling raiton to his hand, Hayate funnels a short inch wide arc of electricity around each finger tip. This rather basic jutsu allows him to gain pseudo-talons capable of cutting like kunai. This jutsu may be held for a post count equal to Hayate's stamina stat.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm

One of the men laughed. "Obviously you don't know the kid all that well. Any blow his father gave him, he deserved." As he spoke the kid appeared over the cliff, tossing Hayate's stuff forward, but it didn't quite get to him, probably two feet away.

The other man moved to the kid, and grabbed him by the shoulder just as he threw Hayate his gear. Grabbing the boy by the throat he held the sharpened sword to the boy's throat. "You care about the kid so much? Then pick, the kid, or the bird." Neither man seemed to care what kind of tricks Hayate had.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Hayate looked solemnly at the men. He felt disgust but wouldn't show it. "Please let me say good-bye to the bird." He questioned what kind of scum would murder a child, but then he remembered the same kind of scum who protected an abusive drunk.

As he walked over to the bird he place his hand onto it's beak as if to comfort it, as he whispered quietly. "Here's some energy big guy. Don't act until the time is right." And he gave it at least half of his chakra.

After that, he began to walk towards the men, hoping they would release the child.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

The bird watched Hayate carefully, an odd look in it's eye, but it listened, and did not move.

One of the men started walking towards the bird, not stopping until he was right next to it, drawing the sword he'd brought with him.

The other, holding onto the boy, loosened his hold a moment to get a good look at the bird and his friend, having to look around Hayate.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm

And loosening his grip was his mistake. Hayate had by now retrieved his staff, and in a single movement he glowed with electricity as he grabbed the boy, being careful not to hurt or shock him. "Now" he would scream signaling for the bird to take off as he would flip himself towards it, aiming to place the kid on it then roll to the ground.

He would fight them. He would fight the bastards. And he would bring them to their knees.
UsedShow
[Raiton: Overdrive]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing a string of hand seals, Hayate will channel chakra through ought his body emitting a cloak consisting of a thick layer of Raiton chakra around their body. The chakra will then act as a light armor from weak projectiles like senbon or weak jutsu. At first glance, a higher level technique that does what genin techniques are capable of seems alarming, but the reason for the weak armor is due to the true strength of the technique being the electricity in the armor. The electricity charges the muscles and creates stimuli, allowing Hayate to move at a far greater speed, though this sudden burst of speed comes with a drawback- a loss of control. (+3 Speed/-3 Control) This lasts for up to five posts unless dismissed by the user.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

MedeaMoirae

Unstoppable

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:42 pm

The bird stood suddenly, and pushed himself into the air, the boy on his back. The boy scrambled to get his grip but the bird shifted to make sure he didn't fall. The bird disappeared into a cave several hundred feet above them.

The two men turned to Hayate, both with swords in hand, one behind him, one in front. "You stupid bastard!" one of them said, charging at Hayate from behind.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Unstoppable

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Hayate almost had a sadistic smile, as he laughed at the simpletons. He moved faster than horses at this points, much faster. Another hand sign, and he really was excited. If anyone asked- he was charged. He would let the men swing, than quickly move behind them, chopping them both in the neck with his forearms.

After making contact, he would maintain a hold until the two were knocked out completely.

UsedShow
[Raiton: Overclocking]]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: [Overdrive]
Once the initial cloak is created, Hayate can add more chakra with a string of additional hand seals. This extra chakra thickents the cloak of Raiton chakra around his body and allows it to gain additional defensive properties, capable of defending against stronger physical attacks and jutsu. If anyone makes contact with this armor they will be delivered painful shocks similar to a multitude of kunai ripping the area of contact apart. This lasts for up to five posts unless dismissed.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Return to “Lightning Empire”