Digging in the Dirt

Ana Lucia

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Ana Lucia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:55 pm

It was a beautiful day at Kumogakure no Sato. The wind sifted through the trees pleasantly, the sun was high in the sky, and the town was bustling with people and activity today.

In the Raikage's palace, the Kumogakure council was awaiting the arrival of a local genin. Recently appointed and eager to prove himself, the council had meted out a mission for him. While it was a simple mission, it was one that held a lot of potential merit. Nearby ruins had been recently discovered, and the council wanted a report on the situation of the ruins.

There was only one member present today; an elderly looking man, whose name had been undisclosed. His withering face was lined visibly with age, and a stout beared several inches in length, tied into a knot at the bottom by a piece of blue string, crowned his chin. He was dressed in nondescript robes of a dull shade of gray. He waited patiently to give the student his initial information, and then he would report back when his task was complete.

The council member took a small glass in his leathery hands, sipping at the tea it held inside. He sighed with content, happy that today was going to be a lax one.
After all the lights go down, I’m just the words, you are the sound.
A strange type of chemistry, how you've become a part of me.

Yamazaru

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Yamazaru » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 pm

The birds chirped loudly in the sunlight.
The echo of the wind against the branches outside filled the room.
The smell of the damp walls from the recent rain on the antique home stinging Yama's nostrels.
His dry flakey eyes slowly separated apart.
He slowly began to peal the gunk around his tar stained lips as he let out a loud ear shattering yawn.
He turned onto his side and slowly placed his feet into some nearby appointed sandals. The pit stained shirt he was wearing for pyjamas under it.
He wore the same trousers he had worn the night before for his training session.
The filthy scum had not even washed.
His middle eye opened hesitantly too the bright light of the sun.
He stood up slowly and fastened his belt and pouch with all of his items which he would need around his waist.
He tied the headband of the Kumo village upon his left arm and then sat on his buttocks.
He pulled out a cigarette skin and placed it on the top of his thigh.
He pinched some tobacco and spread the length of the paper. He went and ripped a bit of cardboard out of his scroll holder.
He made a roach and placed it into the smoke and then rolled it into a smokable fag and placed it between his lips.
He lit it and felt the sweet sweet poison fill his longs and flow through his body...the rush ecstasy...

This was how the one they would soon call a genius awakes.

He had heard of his important mission today so he decided too ditch his ninjutsu and taijutsu training and instead bring a book on the study of iijutsu. Apparently because of how badly he beat up his cousins he has too be the one too learn how too fix them since no other Supaida clan member felt like doing it. Plus! Triple chores for a week! These guys were sure pains in the hoop! He did not need too let himself get distracted though, following the objective he obtained a pen and a book. He knew by bringing those items he could bring his report as things go on. He grabbed his Tanto and hoisted them on his back and cheerfully and with high hopes made his way too the Kumogakure council building. He walked inside of the room and seen the elderly looking man and slowly fell too his right knee and bowed his head.

"Supaida Yama. It is an honour, Sir!"

He announced showing his gratitude for being given such a highly desirable mission of prestige at his early level. He could not await for what would be in store for him next!

*Oxygen Flow
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Simple in its form yet highly effective in practice, the Oxygen Flow technique allows its users to clear obstructed airways, to perform less extensive CPR, and to give cells the oxygen they crave. After focusing chakra into the hands, the user will place both over the target's chest (through the back works as well). By allowing the chakra to be channeled throughout the lungs and up through the air ways, any unseen, solid or liquid obstructions will be cleared from these passages and ejected through the mouth, allowing the patient to breathe more easily. Additionally, the hands can be placed over the heart to help oxygenate the body's cells. In this instance, users must be much more careful, as over-oxygenating cells can cause more harm than good. This technique takes the entirety of one post to perform.

Word count 454/400

Ana Lucia

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Ana Lucia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 am

The corners of the elder's lips were brought up into a crooked smile, equally crooked teeth yellowed with age surfacing underneath. He reached out with a quaky hand, taking the kettle of fresh tea in his grasp. Pulling another glass over he poured some tea into it, the telltale curtain of steam indicating it was nice and fresh. He set the kettle down and pushed the tea over towards the genin.

"Stand up, young one," the elder spoke. "Have some tea if you please. You are familiar with what your mission is, yes?" he inquired. He didn't doubt in his old mind that the genin knew, but he wanted to make sure that the student hadn't somehow forgotten what the mission was about. Was he even told? Bah. The ramblings of an old man's mind seldom made sense, and he knew that from experience. He sometimes doubted his own words.

"Some ruins were discovered, just east of here," the elder began. "Once you leave through the village gate, you head east. They're not hard to find, though they are tucked away amid the trees." The elder paused and took another sip of his tea, exhaling pleasantly at the refreshing liquid.

"All you need to do is walk around, make a detailed report about them, such as if they're abandoned or not, and that's it." His brow scrunched up. He knew he was forgetting something.

"Oh!" he announced as it came back to him. "If you can bring back anything of interest, that would be fantastic. You don't have to, but if you do you'll receive a nice bonus. Understood?"

Yamazaru

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Yamazaru » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:22 am

Slowly...Yama raised his head, he seemed nervous almost. His middle right hand's finger gently grazed the left shoulder of the chair he slowly grasped the chair and pulled it out quickly. He pulled it out and then sat down and looked over at the man, he took a small vial of honey out of his back pouch and stirred it in with the tea with a nearby tea spoon as he looked over at the man with a stern look.

"If its been hidden all of the year's of this colony's expansion how can it be so easy for me too find, where did it come from? It must of just appeared dont you think if I'd be able too see it... how many miles, meters is it?"

He looked at the man somewhat confused.

"The logic does not make sense, man."

He slowly pulls out a small rolled tobacco smoke as he looked over at the man with a smirk as he then grinned. He knew the man was a sly bastard. Especially with a grin like that. There was something that didnt come together with the mission instructions. Did these ruins just appear over night? I mean for christ sake! A 12 year old should not be in the vicinity of a ninja village of some of the strongest and witty ninjas of all time for so many years and be easy too find for a 12 year old. These ruins must have surfaced after an earthquake or something and he wants a meat shield too check whats up. He could tell by his dental hygeine and his breath that he smoked. He slowly pulled out another one with his right hand as he handed it over.

"Want one old man, We can have a smoke and discuss more details over some tea...I am a massive fan of the lack of details and everything but I need more."

He seemed almost completely relaxed in his demanour totally informal as he crossed his legs on the seat across the man as he looked over at the man with a raised brow as he smiled.

"I am confident in my skills in analysis for your cause, as you can tell I am not just some knuckle head academy trained ninja. I am the dog's bollocks and I am all for the cause of helping the village but if there is anything else you know about these ruins please come out with them now. They will not defer me from the mission any less."

He said as he looked over at the man with somewhat mature look on his face.

428/400

*Bubble Bath
D-Ranked Suiton Ninjutsu
Used for distraction or escape purposes, Bubble Bath is a simple technique that obscures vision by overflowing the area with bubbles. After performing a set of seals, the user will exhale bubbles about the size of a normal fist. They have no special effects other than being more durable than your average bubble, but can be easily destroyed by weak attacks and projectiles. This technique can cover about a three by three by three-meter space in front of the user. The bubbles last for four posts otherwise.

Ana Lucia

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Ana Lucia » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 am

The elderly man took the rolled tobacco gingerly, smiling his crooked smile at Yama. So, this little stripling wasn't as bull-headed as the others. This was both a boon and an encumbrance. He wasn't fooled easily, but at the same time it would have just been simpler for him to give his blind acknowledgment and leave. Lighting the opposite end of his rolled tobacco, the elderly man took a hefty drag before exhaling.

"You're smart," he told Yama, "but change that tone lest I change it for you." This man wasn't an elder for nothing.

"The ruins are nothing new, nothing special, and we don't particularly care about them. They're unremarkable in every way, shape, and form," the old man continued as he dragged again, then exhaled. "There is, however, someone camping out there. We don't know who they are or what they want, but we want them gone."

He took the roll and tapped it, sending some of the ashes into a glass of water he had brought with him.

"If they are from this village, bring them back to us. If they are not of this village, request them to leave." The elder paused in his sentence and took another drag before saying, "If they refuse to leave, make them leave―and I'm sure you can guess what the 'artifact' I'm talking about is, if you have to make them," smoke slithering through his teeth with every word.

He paused, taking his glass of tea in his hands. He lifted it up to his wrinkly, cracked lips to take a greedy sip.

"Understood?"

Yamazaru

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Yamazaru » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Yama stood up abruptly like in one fast swift movement. He began too pace back and forth withing the room. He looked over at the man. His head began too rush with sudden bloodlust and...well what they would soon call him a shinobi genius for. His hands began too shake as he pinched his right cheek and slowly sipped his tea and then looked over at the man with the eyes of a homicidal maniac. He had a large somewhat insane grin on his face as he paced right towards him. He sipped his tea put it on the table and pushed in the chair. He took one long drag from his roll up as he stared at the man with a smirk.

"So you knew that a man of questionable danger possibly a rogue ninja. He is residing in a area where they could report me missing if I were too fail with an alibi for yourself by classing it as a D class mission. I'm twelve years old and you knew I wanted too prove myself so...You must have known from the beginning I would have no problem with killing a man...too prove myself. I am somewhat astonished that an elder of a village would come up with such a master plan...."

He slowly leans in and grasps the edge of the table and smiles, his tone of voice was very quick. Sounds of delight and joy brushed off of the end of his tongue as he described his hypothesis. He knew this was a major act of betrayal too him from the village. But he never became a shinobi too simply be the cut of the mill gardening ninja who ends up becoming a shitty teacher of twelve year old wannabe ninjas that dont know what they are! Trained Murderers.

"So if I do this...Which I will. You do not need too worry at all. Not one bit. I humbly request. More. You remember this and tell me whenever you need something like this done...I may be a genin but I want danger. I want experience. I am a tool...not a person, I am soon too be the most powerful weapon within the arsenal of this country and I need someone like you too get me the experience...the training. Too become that. I beg of you..."

Before he could even listen too the man's response he strutted quickly smoking his cigarette and leaving his tea on the table too get cold. Opening the door swiftly. He turned around for one moment.

"Thanks for telling me, Now I do not need too write about boring uncivilized shitty architecture which we are suppose too respect because a neanderhal made....Punching a man too either unconsciousness or death and writing the thrilling story is way more fun."

He continued too walk down the hallway and proceed too leave the building towards the runes.

Words: 490

*Seamless Skill
D-Ranked Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 3 wit
A skill utilized by those on the path to mastery of their weapon, users of Seamless Skill are actively able to transition between offensive and defensive usage of the aforementioned weapon. By transitioning so seamlessly, the user is able to save a marginal amount of energy while attacking.

Ana Lucia

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Ana Lucia » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 am

If that is your desire, then it shall be done, the man thought to himself. Perfect. They were both at a mutual understanding about what was going on here and, though it had been unspoken, a mutual agreement to both go about their business without anyone else needing to know.

You are desinted for greatness,the he thought to himself as he extinguished the remains of the roll in his glass of water. Now he needed just wait for his return.

Meanwhile...

In the ruins, a rugged looking man with thick 5 o'clock shadow peered intently through a spyglass with his one good eye, the other gouged out by some grotesque means or another. The smug grin on his face widened as he lowered the spyglass. His clothes were ratty and dirty, and thick with a repulsing musk of odor. He stood, the tails of his trenchcoat flapping down to his ankles.

He retreated back in the abysmally dark recesses of the ruins, disappearing.

Yamazaru

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Yamazaru » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:45 am

As Yama made his way out of the main village and into the nearby outskirts he though of a way of maybe being able too spot the man before he can make an escape. Yama noticed during his journey he kept licking his lips. He was excited, like for a delicious meal if you were awaiting within a restaurant your imagination wanders. It wonders about the taste of the delicious morsel of food as it touches your lips, as you chew and the taste bursts through your gums with the delicious juices of the food. The rapture of being within the coldness of life dissipates as you let yourself embrace ecstasy like a splash of water too the face. His imagination was sick, he thought darkly of strangling the man. He always wanted too feel a wind pipe snap like a fragile twig in between his fingers as he would watch a man's dreams and ambitions slowly fog and disappear the last thing they would be feeling as they watch his face, struggling obviously...that is the best bit after all the feeling of utter hopelessness as they watch his handsome face....the curses they might say in their heads made Yama shiver. Most people have a light in their heart that tells them right from wrong but Yama did not really ever have one. The nervousness of the meal could be compared to a nervousness too preform on stage but he was not, he had trained every day for this moment and he was going too enjoy every minute of it. He knew what he had too do...and he may take a few liberties on the mission too. I mean this is his first, why not have a multiple choice ending of his own. He had prepared a several study of fake notes about the ruins and their design which he had gathered from local history books. As he approached the area he recalled a certain Suiton jutsu which could allow him too scope out the area. He preformed the hand seals too memory as he kneading the necessary chakra and got a point of view.

"Vision Modifier no Jutsu!"

He spoke upon the words after preforming the hand seal ritual as a pair of lens appeared around his three eyes and he could spy some smoke from a human settlement of some form. With the enhanced vision range granted from the lens he could spy a small raggedy man make his way into the opening of the ruins and proceed too the areas below. He slowly leaped too the grass floor and smirked.

"So the games begin aye?"

He grasped a piece of thick dry wood from the forest area and lit it upon the man's fire used for cooking the various things that he needed too survive and made his way into the cave illuminating the entrance as he proceeded into its dark depths.

Words: 500/400

*Vision Modifier
D-Rank Suiton Ninjutsu
Meant as a supplementary technique, the user will use water as a medium to enhance their vision. After performing the needed seals, the user will create a circular shape with their hand. They will then generate chakra to create a film of water that expands in the void created by their hands and will increase the distance one can see comfortably, depending on the user’s control stat. The user is also able to use this as a magnifying lens, in the sense that they are able to adjust the distance to meet their wanted field of vision. This technique lasts for three posts before dissipating.
  • Control Stat – 1 to 2 – Able to see distances up to thirty feet as if they were at twenty feet.
  • Control Stat – 3 to 4 – Able to see distances up to one hundred feet as if they were at twenty feet.
  • Control Stat – 5 to 6 – Able to see distances up to two hundred feet as if they were at twenty feet.
  • Control Stat – 7+ – Able to see distances up to five hundred feet as if they were at twenty feet.

Ana Lucia

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Ana Lucia » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm

"You're brave to pursue me," a voice echoed through the ruins. The man was nowhere in sight it seemed, but he could detect the young ninja entering his domain.

"Or foolish."

The very darkness itself seemed to fade away in an isolated location, revealing the man hunched down, his back leaning against a crumbling wall. He took a hefty drag on a lengthy bamboo smoking pipe, his eye closed. He posture was relaxed, and he seemed unconcerned about the confrontation he was ready to receive.

"Why are you here? Did the village finally catch on that I was here?" He chortled. "It's about time." His eye finally drifted lazily open, meandering toward Yama. He was summing up this new arrival, taking into consideration everything about him. Alert. Large. He would definitely pose a threat.

... to someone of inferior skill than his own.

"Well, boy? Speak up. Haven't got all day."

Yamazaru

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Yamazaru » Thu May 02, 2013 5:39 am

"I will not speak of my village...."

Yama slowly grasped his blade's hilts slowly as he slowly unsheathed their blades and looked over towards the man with a drazed over gaze of disgust and lack of sympathy as he slowly began too get into the Yoshin battle stance as he looked over at the man with absolute bloodlust ready too thrust forward with his raised blades. He slowly flicked his hair from his eyes as he then cleared his throat of phleghm.

"*cack* I am a shinobi, A killing weapon....not a scout or a simple means of community service. You speak of me like you know me. You don't know me....or you would know I was the one all villages would soon call a genius....My means is not too display the motives of my client or my presence, I am a shadow in the night. The hand of justice won over by coin, A samurai with no remorse. A creature of the night. I am a ninja. You are simply a dirty gaijin, your face brings no herald. You are simply a vagabond mongrel in the wrong play ground. My play ground. My nursery....My star will rise and I dont mind writing its legacy on your smooth skin on with a drawn blade, that cocky smile could be using a few inches wider. Face me if you wish, but I am sorry about your damn luck, I am the toughest son of a bitch this side of the planet."

He spoke in confidence as he lowered his blades and stared over at the man sheathing his desire to fight to speak too the man and gather details but he readied himself for whatever the man may of wanted too come at him with. He was not one to let himself be surprised by the impromptu actions of his enemy. Plus the elder would probably want too know if this was a bigger problem than it was.

"Speak on too me, Who do you work for?"

He asked curiously to determine solely if he was working for a greater cause which would be the biggest threat of them all. He needed to eliminate this so he can "handle" this man how he sees fit. He kept eye contact but with his third eye would begin too analyze the man for any details of offense and or his purpose at this Ruin. It didnt seem too be of anything of importance he truly did wonder the cause of his mission. He did though seem nothing more than a knucklehead than anything something which could not defeat a true genius like himself, fate had already decided this fight. Did pops know?

Amy

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Amy » Sun May 05, 2013 2:03 pm

-Ana has resigned a new mod will pick this up soon-
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #A32638
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki #FF80BF
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Digging in the Dirt

Post by Das Kirb » Thu May 30, 2013 7:27 am

Sadly, no they won't. I'm closing this thread down for purposes already discussed with the RPer involved. All jutsu are still able to be claimed but this thread, otherwise, never happened and lost it's mission status.

Return to “Lightning Empire”