[lonely] Starting out strong

Red X

[lonely] Starting out strong

Post by Red X » Sun May 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Freedom is an illusion, at least it is in Suna. Ninja watch your everymove from your work in the streets to the late night redevous of two lovers, that she had personal experience with but they tell you you're free. There are some privledges, little things like theater and art, a trade system with the other towns that keep you occupied when times look tough but that is the smokescreen, sand in your eye to keep you from seeing things as they really are. Shiko had been on the run for a few weeks now, the voyage to the sea was filled with anxiety she the possiblity of being caught in such confined space terrified her beyond her wildest nightmares but soon enough they touched land in tea country and she put that fear behind her. On her voyage across the land she had seen true freedom. People coming and going as they pleased, locked doors and hidden conversations, people solving their own problems instead of relying on the might of ninja to keep them in line. It was refreshing, it was eye opening, it was everything she thought it would be and more. But it was only the start of he plans.

Being a missing ninja always carried the threat of death, which ironically enough was the same as being employeed by a village but out here she had no back up, no allies or home to call her own. Shiki was a realist, leaving Suna and not benig caught from the jump was more luck than skill, she realized that but now they would no doubt put her in the bingo book. Even with a small reward it would draw all kinds of low lives to her, bandits and merc's that would undoutably fail but the more she killed the easier it would be for Suna to track her down, to force her back into the hell she escaped from. So Shiki stuck with traveling merchants, mascarading as a homeless girl trying to make a living. It worked out well, she them setup their wares and kept an eye out for theives when they stopped, in return they paid her a small sum.

She was good at her job, she could spot when a pickpocket struck and then chase him down if needed. They didn't ask any questions about her apparent skill, and she didn't offer any explination it was a seamless partnership that kept her fed while they made their way across the elemental countries which ended the moment the destination turned to Kumo. The girl was not ready to venture into the belly of the beast, she was sure to be discovered for, at least in her mind she was sure. Her accent was too thick, her clothing to exotic to blend in with the norm of lightning country, some changes needed to be made if she wanted to have a chance of surviving.

"Are you sure you don't to travel with us into Shaisuu? There is sure to be work for you even if you don't want to stay with us?" Shiki gave a smile behind her veil, it was certainly very trusting of them to take her this far, but they had served their purpose in hiding her presence on a trek across the land so she no longer desired to continue with the disgustingly easy work of guarind a merchant.

"Thank you, but i'm afraid this land is far too cold for my liking. I think i'll find more work in the land of Fire, the trees are much more comforting to me. I thank you Tiga-san for all your help." For added effect she gave him a hug, which she used to mask her theift of a few more Ryo than he'd already given her and then she turned back as they departed.

She would have to becareful not to leave many tracks, and she briefly thought of shadowing them just to make it look like they stuck together but she shot that idea down. Instead she decided to head further south, towards the largest body of water in lightning country so that if anyone did pick up her tracks she would do her absolute best to loose them with the water.
Sachio, Sato• Genin • Kirigakure
Deactivated LegendsShow

Taku Hyuuga • Genin • Konoha
Renshu Tenbun • D-rank • Rice country
Koji Minami • Genin • Kirigakure
Special JouninKiri Rozan Nagano
GeninKonohaNakamura, Osa• Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinKumoMimuna, Asuna • Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinSunaHisami, Shiki • Missions: • Social:

GeninKonohaKuro Ogawa• Missions: • Social:

Return to “Lightning Empire”