[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Hayate stayed within the crowd as best he could, but it became thinner and thinner the closer he got to the city wall. As he approached the large structure, he would notice the increased guard presence. In fact, the wall was teeming with them as if they were ants protecting their nest. Most watched inwards but still were those who looked outside the walls for any who escaped the city.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:00 pm

As Hayate came to the wall it became very clear, and even more so obvious, that the citizens really didn't live around here. Though his disguise and actions had gotten him this far, without making his way back to the river, which had more risks as he'd be in the streets, and likely no longer have the cover of citizens by that time, he'd have to make his way over the wall. Instinctively he darted for the wall building up to full speed as he shot up it. His senses were running wild- and more so, his sense of hearing. This archer would be dangerous.

As he did so he would collect chakra into his body, building up for a release if need be.
USEDShow
Chakra Dash
C-Rank Ninpou
After channeling chakra through his body, Hayate will create an explosive force of chakra equivalent on his person. This chakra will balloon outwards from him in a light blue spectacle, creating thrust and rapidly moving his body in the direction opposite a few yards. This effectively allows him to accelerate at the cost of body control (+2 Speed/-2 Tai) for a brief moment.

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:38 am

As Chosokabe scanned for his target, another guardsman shouted and pointed. Some six hundred meters along the wall to his left was a man who had began to run directly up the wall at ridiculous speeds. He drew another arrow, and sighted his target. It took him almost no time at all to realise that hitting it would be near impossible. Even as he looked on the figure accelerated further, going beyond any feat he had ever witnessed in another human being. He was definitely a ninja. With a deep breath he made a prediction using the man's current trajectory and unbelievable rate, and let fly. It was, in all honesty, a shot fuelled more by hope than anything else. Just as he knew his previous shot was perfect, he knew that this one would not find its mark. In his heart of hearts he knew he had failed. Against someone with this much speed, his skills were inadequate. He lowered his bow, knuckled white against the lacquered wooden surface. He had never felt more frustration and regret, than watching Nakajima Hayate crest the walls of the city.

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:37 pm

As the arrow knocked it's way by, it appeared that Hayate had speed enough to deal with it on his own, pivoting slightly and letting his momentum carry him out of harms way. As he continued up the wall he would try his best not to leap, hitting the top and releasing his technique causing him to fly forward. Over the wall. While clear he was a shinobi, he was doing his best not to use any moves that would give away his specific identity. Still though, something ate at him.

He had made a mistake to bargain himself off to Banri. Even with his immense power- power greater than the bannin himself, Banri was chess master and he was but a pawn on the board...

How did Akino keep him in line...

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:59 pm

With that Hayate was beyond the wall. He had escaped the city. As he moved away from the village, he heard a familiar sound. The sound of a calling eagle, as it circled overhead. This bird, however, did not descend as the one before. It simply flew on, and circled on a spot a little further off.

Should Hayate chose to follow the bird, he would find a figure in a black cloak standing in the snow. A bright red mask shining from under the hood.

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:45 pm

It wasn't long before Hayate cleared the wall and even the surrounding area of the city. With his speed, such a feat was child's play. Likewise, it was not long until and eagle spotted him, cawing from above. Despite his disguise it knew exactly who he was, and he knew exactly who the bird belonged too.

As he followed the bird, he slid into a halt stopping right before a towering figure in a black cloak, a red mask on his face, he nodded.

"I finished your deal." he said solemnly.

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:50 pm

The figure raised a hand, before spinning it to display the palm. In its palm was a small, folded piece of paper. Clearly it was a letter.
LetterShow
Your presence is requested. Answer simply yes or no to my subordinate and he shall take you.
-S

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Hayate was a little confused at what the hell was going on, at this point. He'd try reading this person with his sensory, to get some kind of read... and he'd also use his senses to watch them in case of danger... Regardless, this shit was getting weird.

Answer yes or no?

"Sure."

He was tired of these games.

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Hayate's senses would reveal that this person was indeed a shinobi. But it was not Banri. His chakra pool and overall strength was a level below that man, and a world below Hayate's own. However, the black cloaked figure would reach out and place a hand on Hayate's shoulder. As he did so, Hayate would begin to feel a pressure around his body. The other person's chakra was enveloping him, preparing to launch them through space and time to their destination.

After a moment of preparation, the world devolved into streaks of colour and light as they covered a tremendous distance in a very short amount of time. Soon, everything went black for a full second, before the world returned to regular order. Hayate was standing in an underground chamber, much like a basement. It was well lit with lights similar to those that lit Kumogakure's city. Before him sat Tada, Banri. His hair was tied up in a tidy ceremonial bun, while he wore a rather elegant ensemble of a white haori with a black kimono beneath. "Welcome. You're late." He said, pausing to take a sip from the glass of wine in his hand. As he did so, the black cloaked figure turned and walked to Banri's side, whispering in his ear. The man nodded before waving his subordinate away. "Regardless, you have done well. Sit." He finished, gesturing to the empty chair between them. In front of that chair was a table sporting a chequered board. A chess board, with only 12 pieces remaining upon it. Four were black, eight white. The pieces were positioned perpendicular to the pair, as if neither were playing.

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Perhaps of his own arrogance, Hayate did not perceive a world in which this man could threaten him, and given his mask and the eagle, he had reason to believe he was black ops. As the man reached out and touched his shoulder, he let him, and soon he could feel their bodies being stretched and torn at. Immense pressure pushed in on them, and had they been weaker men, it probably would of spelt their end. A blanket of darkness covered them, but before he knew it, the reverse of what he had just felt happened as his body seemingly unwound itself.

As the pressure faded and his senses came back to him his eyes darted around the room at rapid speed. It seemed they were in the basement- or at least some kind of dungeon, and before him was Banri.

Paying less attention to the man's words, he made his way to the seat and sat.

"You're right. I've done exceptionally well- well enough to give the people their hero back, right?" he said as his eyes narrowed.

"The hero who saved the village, suddenly it's notorious criminal... but then he turns the tide of war on many battlefields, and finally, puts a huge blow in the morale?" Hayate said, looking at Banri in a way that looked past him. He was rather miffed at the whole situation.

"So, what it is that your master plan expects of me, Banri, cause it's clear my actions and orders have been calculated for some plan of yours and I'd really rather cut to the chase."

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Banri smiled, allowing a single sound of amusement to escape him. "Luckily, it has come to the point where you must know for it to advance any further. You have done well in my little war, so well that we are very close to victory. Five years ago I never would have guessed that it would be Mizuko's nephew that would bring us this close." Banri took another sip of wine, savouring it. Another voice picked up from where he left off.

"What this heartless wretch is trying to say," Ote, Syaoran began from his position off to the left, voice dripping with contempt. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, wearing the robes of the Raikage. "Is that tomorrow morning I will not only reinstate you as a shinobi of the cloud but surrender to you the title of Raikage. I've been playing the part of your stand-in while you fulfilled your part in... our plan." Syaoran said, cringing when he had to accept responsibility for his part in the process.

"Your negativity is astounding as always Syaoran. We're about to finally put Kumogakure in it's rightful place, and still all you ever do is dwell on your guilt. " Banri replied, snorting derisively. "That is, essentially, what is going to happen though. And then, we will make our final manoeuvre in eliminating our four remaining obstacles." Banri explained, turning back to Hayate. He finished off his glass of wine before placing it on the side table to his right, moving to refill the flute. "Wine?" he asked the pair. Syaoran did not bother to answer.

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:09 pm

A single sound of amusement escaped Banri. The contrasting nature of his amusement and all the shit he was and stood for was revolting... It was repulsive enough even to send shivers down Hayate's spine. Unfortunately, it seemed he would never escape his Uncle nor his fathers actions. But, as the now worn down and broken man had learned in contrast to his youth, it was best to keep his mouth shut sometimes. Surprisingly however, Syaoran's voice kicked in.

Hayate's attention turned to him. He felt the mans contempt, as he too felt this way towards Banri. He had expected Syaorans words to placate him or at least put him at ease but as the little wolf finished his words Hayate found this was not the case. Growing angry, he gripped the arm of the chair, the end of it splintering in his hand.

"The title of Raikage isn't some simple thing to pass around-" he said standing from his seat. He had kept his cool to play politics for so long, but there was one core belief and value he held in his heart that he couldn't suppress and that was the role of Raikage.

"I can't help but feel dirty receiving it in a backroom deal- nor do I think it correct..." That said, he had been the forerunner candidate for the position prior to the war, but something about this just didn't sit well with him. Sitting down once more he dismissed the offer of wine with the waving of his hand.

"And what guilt do you refer to?" Hayate said, his eyes cold as steel. His mind was racing to solve the puzzle before him.

4 obstacles? The 4 other nations? Guilt? Guilt of what? Their plan? They had been in cahootz the whole time? His mind raced to plays he'd rather it not, one of which being the day that had sealed his fate. The day Akino died. Since it was a muck-up by the Black Ops he had always fingered blame at Banri- especially since as the villages second strongest he seemed absent from the attack. And then there was Syaoran, why hadn't he been there?

At this point his imagination was twisting things and jumping to conclusions unwisely. Following his pause, he took a deep breath.

"So, as it stands, I am a key player to making it to your next phase, yes?" the man said. He was ghostly now.

Don't think for a second I'll let you sully my name, the title of Raikage, and this village.

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Banri turned from pouring his glass and regarded Hayate with a rather irritated expression as the man became outraged. Then, as realisation seemed to dawn on the younger shinobi's face and he sat back down, Banri actually chuckled with mirth. "Yes. It is not through "back room deals" that you are receiving the position, but it is those deals that have kept you from it for so long. Thanks to the aftermath of your stunt during your battle with the lightning spirit Raijin, the village could not afford to have a genius of administration like Syaoran leave, but we still required someone to do the leg work in the upcoming war. Yes, I knew it was coming even before then, it was by my design that it occurred after all. That is where you came in. With an easy avenue to irritate you residing in your past and a clear goal in your future, as well as your sincere love for the village and your strength, you were the perfect candidate. I had been watching you since Akino chose you as one he trusted to not be one of my men to investigate the rising energy signatures, and I knew you had the potential. I just had to push in the right way. You surprised me when you actually killed Kusakabe though. I hadn't planned for you to go quite that far so early. Oh well, it turned out better that way in the end regardless." Banri explained, pausing for another sip of wine. "As for the guilt, I don't really think..

"No Banri. He should know. Syaoran interrupted. Banri was rather annoyed that Syaoran would interrupt him like that. The manipulator knew all too well that Syaoran was simply trying to sabotage himself, punish himself for what he had done by telling people. His guilt was getting the better of him.

"Akino was my friend, my mentor and my hero. I looked up to him, like most others in the village did. But for the good of the village, for what was to come, he was not fit to be the leader. So, when Banri told me that Raijin was approaching he presented me with his plan, and I accepted it. I measured the benefit of the village against my faith in the best man I have ever known, and Akino came up short. That is the reason why neither of us were with him while he fought the monster. I am sure, at that time, he knew that I had betrayed him and his loss was total. The worst part is, he would have died with the full knowledge that he had truly become an obstacle to the very people he had sought to nurture. I don't think I can ever forgive myself for letting him know that only in his final moments."

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:53 am

The rage within Hayate had left him. Perhaps a response to shock, instead he felt numb. He felt crushed. In his anger and defiance's stead was a emptiness. His eyes shot to the ground when the news and information rolled in, it having confirmed his deepest and darkest suspicions.

It wasn't that his world had been turned upside down as he had come to these conclusions himself... it was that he had hoped it was his imagination, but here he was, and here it was: reality.

It was hard but he stifled his emotions and kept it together. Despite his desire to combat and conquer both the men before him, he knew that while individually he had a chance, against both, he would fail. That said, being capable of reading emotions meant that Syaoran's guilt would only be worsened, for what Hayate felt towards the man was complete disgust. At one point, he had felt the little wolf bannin exemplified what the village was all about, however it was clear to him now he had been gravely incorrect.

Rather than respond to him, he did the only ultimate form of shaming he could- he ignored Syaoran completely looking past him to Banri. Hayate would now perform some more questioning.

Something about Banri's earlier comment about Mizuko had also been rubbing at him the wrong way, and once more, he wanted to confirm a suspicion. Perhaps he could shatter reality a little more.

"It was before the Little Wolf's time, Banri, but it wasn't before yours." Hayate sighed, crooking his finger towards Banri. "Banri, you were my father and Mizuko's comrade, weren't you? One of those who wanted the coup those many years ago." he said with a resolute voice. "But you didn't participate in it outwardly, no, you let a rebellion try and do it for you, and when that failed, you waited all this time for a moment like Raijin's- and even then, what do you mean Akino chose me? It was chance that I woke up to go to the store... to make food for my daughter that morning."

It was setting in on Hayate. His existence, his life, everything leading up to this point.

Fate.

Did he have any choice in the matter, or was he just an actor following a script predetermined before his birth? He continued pressing his questions.

"So then, what was it Akino wasn't prepared for, and how am I the better candidate?" he paused, switching from looking past Banri to looking into the man's eyes. It pained him to become Raikage in these circumstances, even if he did everything right himself, now that the truth of the forces behind the events that led up to this was revealed.

"Is it perhaps that you had no influence on Akino, and expect me as Raikage to be a pawn and to follow your orders while you two sit in the back?"

He was not going to play politics completely. If his fate was to be a puppet controlled by these two men from the background, that was not something he would swallow.

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:10 pm

When Hayate called Banri out for being behind his family's rebellion, he made a face like a child who'd sucked on a lemon. "This may come as a surprise to you," He began, dripping sarcasm, "But I wasn't always this politically potent. Back then I was a Jounin set to be promoted within a few month's time and mine and Akino's mentor had just retired. Mizuko fell to me as an underling some time beforehand, and StratOs was beginning to cement itself as the primary source of intelligence. Your uncle may have been a less than stellar warrior with fuuton, but he was a useful spy. I had asked him to create a distraction, some kind of scandal involving his brother which would capture Akino's attention for a week or so while I infiltrated the democratic council. Foolishly I left the method up to him. I heard of the coup attempt at the same time everyone else did, unfortunately. I consider it one of my greatest failures." Banri revealed, taking a large draft of his wine. "Raijin was an opportunity that I indeed took. It was mostly successful although the collateral was far greater than I imagined on account of the spirit actually managing to manifest itself outside of its host body. However, the day when it attacked isn't what I'm referring to when I say that he chose you. He chose you to investigate Raijin when he was first awakening in the mountains a few years ago. The man may have been unfit to lead us through this period of transition, but he was the farthest thing from a fool." Banri finished, having deemed that he had spoken enough. He waved over to Syaoran to continue so that he could enjoy his wine.

Syaoran sighed in resignation before picking up where the conversation had dropped,"Akino was an exceptionally inspirational man. The shining star of Kumogakure was the ideal leader in a time of peace. However, if he had been allowed to continue as Raikage, we would have stagnated. We have already become a force ignored by the other great nations due to our long period of inaction. An idealistic reign such as his was slowly crushing us into obscurity. Kumogakure was considered merely a puppet of the Hojo administration by provinces in our own nation, let alone internationally. The state of the Lightning Country a joke, our own fame falling, it was only a matter of time before other powerful nations considered us weak enough to exploit. And with a leader that was certainly no warrior, I'm uncertain as to whether or not we could have survived. Now, Banri has brought us to a tipping point. From here there are two paths before us. You take the post of Raikage and complete the unification of the Lightning country under the Village's banner, or you hate us, kill us both, and doom the village to immediate destruction. Unfortunately because of Raijin's unexpected level of power, we've been forced to put all of our bets on you to do what must be done and complete Kumogakure's evolution into a powerful, undeniable force. If we succeed, we will be the first Shinobi ruled nation of the world." Syaoran announced, allowing the unspoken question to hang in the air. Which would Hayate choose? To live a life of the ruler who was not totally in control, or to let his village collapse under the weight of it's attempted rise to glory.

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:38 pm

While Hayate had attempted to keep his cool he was not having an easy time. Between having his suspicions confirmed and learning that his family had been tools to Banri, and that was what was asked of him now, he had a hard time keeping it together. The coals within him had been ignited and his blood was now reaching a boil. Fortunately, Syaoran's words took Hayate's attention back to the matter at hand.

"He didn't have to die, you know." Hayate muttered. "I certainly agree with you and do not like that we are puppets to the Hojo, and in fact, had plans of my own for putting Kumogakure on top of Lightning Country." He sighed. "But Akino didn't need to die. He could of been relieved of his position in another way."

The S-Rank Missing Ninja began to hum as a beautiful blue light covered his body, flickering up it like a spreading fire. For a moment, his eyes spelled doom. At full speed an arm of his aura lashed out, grabbing the bottle of wine and throwing it back to Hayate. His eyes weren't even on the bottle, but his arm rose up to catch it perfectly.

"Fortunately, you won't have to control me because it seems our goals are the same." He took a swig of the bottle, and along with the alcohol, for the second time that day he swallowed his pride.

"I accept the position of Kyuudaime Raikage."

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:07 pm

The two bannin remained calmly still as the chakra encased Hayate's body. Not because they didn't think he would kill them, but because they were willing to go calmly. Syaoran, consumed by guilt, didn't care whether he was killed or not. Banri was simply too proud to allow himself to struggle pitifully against someone with more combat prowess than himself. The pair watched as he reached out and took the wine, drinking it as he spoke.

Syaoran and Banri both knew that Akino had to be killed, else he would have opposed them. The people loved the bright star of Kumogakure, more than they loved the title and bureaucracy surrounding the seat of Raikage. They would have followed him even if he was removed, and the village would have remained stagnant. But it was not necessary to explain that to Hayate any longer. Both knew that argument was less than tactful on that particular subject. It would be better to let him have his opinion than to continue to pile negativity onto the man.

"Good. Then, your first order of business tomorrow will be to rally the shinobi standing force and meet Fujiwara in the field. Reports indicate he should cross the border into our province at approximately 11:00am. You will check him and make camp across from him in order to stall him until Hojo, Nakatomi and Hashiji's armies arrive." Banri said as he moved a white knight on the chess board toward a black bishop, then placing a black knight and king and another white knight to symbolise the three lords' forces. Syaoran will rendezvous with the Kusakabe forces I've managed to mobilise to encircle and trap the now fading Murakami army. Without their supply line they will surrender within a fortnight. Murakami and his son will have to commit ritual suicide to regain their honour in that moronic way of the samurai." He continued, placing a white bishop and rook next to the final black piece, a pawn. "Then this civil war is ours. I will be intercepting the younger Murakami son as he is transported to Owari in order to bring him to Kumogakure instead. I will also be making my last preparations for our final two lords, Nakatomi and Hojo. Once Fujiwara's province also falls to our influence, only two will remain truly loyal to Hojo. Victory is within sight." Banri finished.

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Finishing what was left of the bottle of wine, the S-Rank Criminal let out a belch, taking no effort to stifle his act of nature. With a deep breath, he stood up from his chair. He would never forgive these men for Akino's death, just like he would never forgive himself. Had he been stronger he could of prevented Akino's death. Moving towards the door of the chamber, he stopped.

"A lot of good men have died in this ward, Banri." he said, his back turned to the bannin. "Good men on both sides of the battlefield." He paused, awaiting a response from Banri. He was being vague, but of all the people in the room, Banri would know what he meant.

He meant that if he could, he would go for the kill on the key players before anymore of the people on the bottom had to die.

"I only hope that this revolution can come quickly."

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:17 pm

"Eight thousand three hundred and forty seven." Banri said to Hayate's comment about good people dying. "I know every name, every face of those that have died in this war. Every one of their deaths was necessary, but as the man who has orchestrated this it was my responsibility to know whom I was sacrificing to achieve my goal. If you wish to end Fujiwara with minimum casualties you will need to send a man to parley with him wearing your face, while you use the distraction to sneak in and slay Fujiwara's wife. She is the true mastermind behind his movements, a shrewd woman who rules her husband as firmly as she rules her province. Kill her and Fujiwara will crumble almost instantly." Banri replied, wishing he had more wine on hand.

Syaoran turned and walked out of the audience chamber, into one of the many tunnels leading out of it.

CharactersShow
Character

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Taiga » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:57 pm

"Thank you for the intel"

The soon to be Kyuudaime Raikage lowered his head as he took in everything that had just been discussed. The conflicting nature of his existence at this point troubled him, but he was resolute to get the job done and do what he needed to end the war and put Kumo on top. He gently clasped his fist shut in front of him. The action wouldn't be visible to the others in his company.

"I hope I will be able to ask similarly of you for many years to come" he said, and with that, he'd exit out the chamber. Moments after doing so, his body became numb. The events leading up to this moment were surreal and though he had stayed calm in front of the two men, the shock had hit him.

With a deep sigh, he pulled up his hood and took off. It was time to prepare to rally the hearts and souls of his warriors. It was time to return to Kumogakure.

Nafan~

[Graded][KCW] Reversal

Post by Nafan~ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:03 pm

[Pass]
Hayate is permitted to rank up to Raikage.

CharactersShow
Character

Return to “Lightning Empire”