[Graded]Dragons and Monkeys oh my!

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:27 pm

Hayasu sat balanced in one of his various training areas, deep within the mountains and peaks of Kumo. He sat balanced upon a stacked group of stones, perched on one leg with the other at his waist. He leapt up and planted his palm, sitting perfectly still in perfect meditation and zen. The entirety of nature and the mountains around him were always so soothing to him, with the cold air helping to keep him from overheating during his rigorous training exercises. Kureiji lay lazily asleep nearby, slacking off like always while Hayasu did the majority of whatever work was nearby.

He soon lowered himself and pushed off, sitting on the plateau's edge and overlooking the mountain ranges. He was definitely several thousand feet in the air, and if he chose to jump from where he sat, he would certainly fall to his death. Caution was neccessary.

The breeze of the mountains air currents rushed over him and soon it was about time for a break. He looked over yonder and happened to make out a rather odd shape for so far in the wilds and this far into the mountains. It definitely wasn't merchants or bandits, not this high up. What was it? He beckoned at Kureiji who grumbled and perched on his shoulder, Hayasu pushing off like the madman he was and essentially diving to the bluffs on the far side.
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Misaki had an absolute love of the mountains, it was frankly her favorite place to be and much like any other day, since she was young, she was out looking for dragons. She had heard from a good friend that she had found one out here who had entered a summon contract with her, and now Misaki sought the same opportunity. As a child it had been all a child's fantasy and imagination that dictated her search, now it was real, it had happened before and now she strove for it.

As she moved through the trees she could almost feel the sun reflecting off her scales in the light, pausing on a cliffside as she saw a print. She knelt and touched it with her fingers, certain this had to be it. The claws, the print, they were right. The young woman smiled with glee at her discovery, showing off white teeth as she did so. The sun shone off her scales, warming her and for a moment she closed her eyes to enjoy the moment, her wings stretching out to enjoy the warmth of the sun themselves.

And then she heard a sudden 'wump', a sound like an impact or fall near her and she suddenly jumped up and scrambled back into the treeline, looking around wildly for the source of the sound, her white-grey hair dancing with the movement and her wings folding down flat on her back as if trying to hide.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:16 pm

A 'wump' sound was quite accurate in what it sounded like. The mountainous behemoth that was Hayasu had impacted into a small crater, soon hopping around on one leg. "Owww! My friggin' leg! I knew I should of adjusted a bit more. Damn it all!" Hayasu growled, Kureiji snickering and laughing on his shoulder. Hayasu attempted to swat at him, which only ended with a smack to his own face, causing him to curse and yell louder. The snickering intensified.

Soon a full born scuffle happened, with Hayasu rolling around and grabbing at his gi to try and shake the monkey out, who then made a beeline for the trees. Hayasu was in full pursuit. "GET BACK HERE YOU JACKASS! YER MINE!" Hayasu growled, darting after him, various sized stones being tossed and thrown at the poor not-so-innocent monkey. Kureiji bolted straight up the tree, to which Hayasu barely managed to keep up, apparently having forgotten the entire purpose they had jumped to there below in the first place.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:24 pm

The sounds of the scuffle and all the yelling caused Misaki to look around the tree she had hidden in, spotting the young man throwing rocks at... something. By time she looked she honestly couldn't tell. He didn't appear to be much younger than Misaki herself either, and really was decent looking, though clearly he had a temper though Misaki wasn't quite sure yet what had happened to upset him so.

After a bit of looking around she caught a glimpse of the monkey he was throwing rocks at and she shook her head, stepping out from behind the tree and folding her arms over her chest as she stared at him. "Why are you throwing rocks at that poor animal?" she suddenly asked him, her wings no longer flat against her back but resting at about a half fold behind her, and her tail tapped the ground lightly over and over in a sign of annoyance.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:32 pm

Hayasu screeched to a halt, Kureiji doing the same as they checked out their new visitor. "INNOCENT?! HIM?!" Hayasu fired back, laughing hysterically. "That little bastard is a scourge of pure evil!" Hayasu added in, Kureiji presenting a rather rude gesture at him. He growled as, with all things related to them, they were back at fighting. Kureiji was pulling at his lips to force him into a smile while Hayasu furiously swatted and tried to free himself from his clutches.

The duo twirled around and stumbled until they got dangerously close to the cliff edge again. Not long after, they tumbled off the cliff out of site. However, this was naturally not their first go around near cliffs. Kureiji was flung back over as Hayasu managed to pull himself back up and over with his immense strength. The duo tumbled back into site and immediately began to yell and cast blame at each other.

The antics would drive anyone mad with laughter, or annoyance. It certainly depended on the mood!

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:40 pm

"If you two don't break it up, I will!" she yelled, even as the pair tumbled over the edge. Rolling her eyes, Misaki didn't let herself worry. As much as she enjoyed being around other people, these two appeared to be a rather irritating pair, plus she really didn't know them after all... and then the pair showed up again starting with the monkey who was flung up onto the ground again.

When the two started arguing again, Misaki pinched the bridge of her nose before dropping into seals and stomping her foot to perform a weak Raiton jutsu, aimed specifically at Hayasu. "I swear, are you two children?" she asked, assuming she finally had their attention.

"First you interrupt my search, then you ruin a perfectly good dragon print which I've been searching for for days...!" she groaned in annoyance even as she gestured to the print at the cliff's edge, or what was left of it after Hayasu and his monkey had rolled over it during their tumble.

"Who the hell are you two?"
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Lightning Element • Ground Spike Technique]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing a string of hand seals and stomping on the ground, the user emits five bolts of lightning in a line. Each bolt is two yards apart from the one before it (giving the jutsu a total range of ten yards from the user), rising 3 feet into the air from the ground in succession, starting from the farthest one with a speed equal to the user's control with a maximum of six. These bolts are pure energy; they aren’t solid so they aren’t effective in stopping objects. The shock created by the jutsu, however, causes the targets body to jerk and sends a mild pain equivalent to getting stabbed in the hand throughout the body for a brief second. This technique isn’t very devastating, but it’s useful in stopping charging enemies.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Hayasu had flipped off in a handspring to avoid the jutsu. it wasn't particularly powerful, but it got the message across. He landed in a nearby tree and huffed. "WELL EXCUUUUUSE ME! I do believe I have the right to of smacked him around! You see how evil he is! Hayasu spoke dramatically, pointing at Kureiji.

Seeing as how they were separated, they both seemed to calm quite nicely, and Hayasu even got a bit embarassed by his actions. "Anyhow..I'm Hayasu Juko of Kumogakure. I go by many names, but Hayasu is usually sufficient. And who are you! Clearly you're a shinobi if you can use jutsu." Hayasu spoke, yawning a bit as he observed her below. "And dragon print? You mean you're tracking dragons? Pffft. I see them on occasion, though they leave us alone just the same as I leave them. Typically come around during storms to seek higher altitudes to avoid the noise and distraction." Hayasu said almost matter-of-factly, as if it was an every day occurrence for someone to find dragons.

He had spent most of his life in the mountains, only ever returning to Kumo for missions and to check on friends or the state of it. With the war ongoing, he didn't quite break to the mountains as much as he'd like, but at least once in a while he got a few days to enjoy them.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:25 pm

Her arms remained crossed over her chest, so far her impression of Hayasu was that he seemed to be a bit of a drama queen really, at least in regards to that monkey. Honestly she was rather relieved when he finally introduced himself, at the least it meant he was acting normal rather than freaking out.

"I'm Ishiguro Misaki." she told him in response to his request for her name. "Typically people call me 'Misaki' or 'Dracona' though." she added, glancing over the cliff as Hayasu continued to speak, at least until it came to seeing dragons.

Her black and silver eyes suddenly fixed on Hayasu as she realized he might know where their best places were. "Wait, you've seen them up here? My friend Izumi found one once and it contracted with her for a summon, I've been trying to find one ever since, but no luck." she replied suddenly. "Could you tell me where they usually live?" she added excitedly. Her eyes were practically glowing in her own excitement over the idea of seeing a real dragon.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:30 am

Hayasu scratched his chin in thought for a moment, raising an eye. "Well I mean I certainly COULD Misaki, but you did just attack me and doubted my motives! What exactly do I get to gain out of it?" Hayasu replied with playful banter, swinging off the branches and falling infront of her. He towered over the girl, but his stance didn't show any form of malice. "It's also quite a climb. It's going to take the rest of your day at full speed. They aren't usually too keen to outsiders either." Hayasu chimed in, crossing his arms as he waited her reply.

Hayasu generally knew the mountains around Kumo better then just about anyone, but even he didn't like to disturb the dragons. While they weren't quite evil or rude, they were weary as dragon eggs would fetch a high price in the black markets. Hayasu had only briefly crossed paths with a few, and even then didn't disturb them. He had a pretty good idea of where their home would be.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:58 pm

In her excitement over everything Hayasu was saying, her arms uncrossed and rest at her hips, a smile coming across her face even as the other towered over her. She didn't seem phased by it at all, and his warnings didn't bother her either. In fact, her tail started to twitch and her wings moved back and forth slowly as if she suddenly couldn't sit still. "I don't care what the distance is! I haven't seen a dragon in person since Izumi showed me Michi, I'd love to see the wild ones!" Clearly she wouldn't be dissuaded from wanting to see the dragons.

Her hands came together in front of her excitedly, the sun shining off her scales as her eyes seemed to examine Hayasu's face frantically, waiting for his response to see if he'd really take her. "I swear, ask for anything, I'll do it if you'll just take me to see the dragons!"

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:15 am

Hayasu nodded and shrugged casually. "Well then! If you can keep up, let's go see some damned dragons!" Hayasu replied, giving her a thumbs up. "But naturally, you have to keep up! No slackers around here!" He chuckled out before leaping from his position to the nearest cliff edge, grabbing Kureiji along the way and leaping from edge to edge.

He turned back, grasped on the cliff and looking down at her. "Lets roll!"

The duo climbed for several hours, a couple of close calls, and the cold mountain fringe as oxygen depleted got heavier and heavier with each peak. Oddly enough, Hayasu wasn't fatigued at all, but that was mostly due to a madman's amount of strength and stamina. As they grew closer and closer, Hayasu stopped to break for a moment.

"I would strongly suggest letting me approach them first. They may recognize me and not turn us into food."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:37 pm

It took effort for Misaki to keep up with Hayasu, in fact she barely managed to keep up with him at all. By time they reached their destination they were quite the contrast. Hayasu who didn't seem to be bothered at all, and then Misaki who was nearly panting as she tried to catch her breath. Her wings were almost limp at her back as if holding them up was just too much effort right now, and even her tail seemed depressed in a way.

As Hayasu suggested he approach first, Misaki begrudgingly nodded. "Alright... anything I should know about their customs and such?" she asked before he would go, swallowing hard as she tried to keep her breath.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Haya chuckled a bit and shook his head. "I wouldn't have a clue, I've never seen them from up close. It was more of if I get eaten, you can inform people dragons are bad ideas." He snickered out before heading onward to finish their journey.

Finally, they arrived at a summit of the tallest peak, a rather large plateau loaded with everything one would expect amongst the dragons. Various nests, trinkets, and bones scattered the area save for Hayasu and Misaki whom slowly approached. He nodded at Kureiji, who scurried over to Misaki's shoulder before he entered.

"Hello!" He yelled out at first, to no response. He looked around before a thunderous roar blasted the valley. From the clouds nearby burst a colossally sized red drake, slamming infront of Hayasu and bearing it's death before letting out another challenge.

He sank to his knees very slowly and bowed his head. "Great one, we come in peace. You may not know of me, but I'm the man in the wilds. I train in these mountains almost every week. We don't seek to disturb you, only merely to communicate!"

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:39 pm

For a moment Misaki simply blinked as Hayasu spoke, wondering just how he planned to approach the dragons if he knew nothing of draconic customs and courtesies... then again she couldn't help but wonder if her family was right, perhaps they had none, perhaps they really were just beasts.

But it wasn't long before Misaki would see his 'plan' unfold, stepping out and simply shouting hello. Honestly the Ishiguro expected only silence in return but before long there was a roar, and a large red dragon.

Misaki stepped out of the bushes and stared up at him a moment with her black and silver eyes, unable to help herself. He was simply beautiful to her. It would be several moments before she realized she was only staring and blushed, taking a knee beside Hayasu as she awaited the dragon's response.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:29 pm

The massive winged behemoth growled and bared it's teeth.

"We know of you, Wildman of the Peaks. We also don't take kindly of intrusions in our nesting grounds." It roared, bellowing at him so loud his ears range. Yet Hayasu did not budge.

"Understandably so, great one, but this one behind me is curious about you. She sought your council and to understand you all as a whole. She is a shinobi, like myself." Hayasu spoke, still not raising his head.

The dragon grumbled and turned it's head to Misaki. "Speak child. What is your name and why have you followed this fool to my sanctum?" It asked Misaki, Hayasu in the meanwhile quite glad it was going seemingly well.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Misaki's eyes remained pointed to the ground, feeling almost like her heart had leaped up into her very throat. For a moment she couldn't even speak, her wings stretching briefly and her silver scales shining in the sun as her tail almost mimicked the movement, swaying side to side even as she cleared her throat and finally found her voice. "I've admired your kind since I was a child." She finally said, daring to lift her black and silver orbs to fix them on the great dragon before her.

"If I could somehow become as one of you, I would do so in a heartbeat, My Lord." she added, feeling her hands begin to almost shake as she realized she had no idea how to address him, only after calling him 'my lord' did she remember the way Hayasu had addressed the dragon. "I've come as far as I can, Great One, I would learn anything I can of your kind. A friend of mine furthered my interest when she managed to enter a summon contract with one of your kind, a blue dragon named Michi, her name being Ishiguro Izumi. I am of the same clan, My Lord, I am Ishiguro Misaki." She felt like she was rambling, her eyes dropping to the ground before her once more as her wings folded at her back and her tail curled around her kneeling form as a sign of her own nervousness.

Her insecurity was all in her body language, this was a moment she had been dying for since she could remember, she only hoped she hadn't already screwed it up.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:01 pm

The dragon humbly bellowed a bit before relaxing his stance, much to Hayasu's delight.

"An Ishiguro..Interesting. I've heard of this Izumi." The dragon boomed, stretching his wings as he turned his head over to Hayasu. "And do you have a name, Wildman?" The dragon asked, staring dead at Hayasu.

Hayasu stood up and gave a thumbs up, grinning. "Hayasu Juko sir, of Kumogakure." Hayasu beamed happily, the dragon nodding it's head.

[color=#ed]"I am Rikuto, Caretaker, Guardian, and Lord of the Dragons."[/color] Rikuto spoke out, snorting a bit before letting out a gentle outcry.

Young dragonkin of all shades and sized came from the clouds and peaks, crawling into nests as the dragons seemed to slowly resume their day to day activities, a beautiful silver shaded joining Rikuto's side. "This is Yuzuki, one of my consorts." Rikuto spoke, the silver dragonness bowing her head a bit before looking at Misaki.

"If you wish to enter a contract, you must first find one willing, and at that, you will need to prove your worth as a worthy partner. By combat, by wit, or by any challenge deemed reasonable by both parties." Rikuto spoke out again, Hayasu off investigating the surroundings. Quite typical. Kureiji slid from Hayasu's back and scurried over to Misaki's shoulder, peaking around and eyeing his surroundings.

Hayasu slipped and stumbled into one of the nests, before promptly being bitten in the rumpus by a hungry youngling, causing him to yelp in pain and scurry around with the youngling still attached. "AIIIEIEEEEEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWWW!" He whined as he jumped around for a bit until finally managing to, albiet gently, pry the little one from his rear and set it down. It let out a delightful chirp, and soon several younglings swarmed and began to chase Hayasu around, whom screamed and flailed to avoid being chomped on more. The elders paid no mind to him, having seen his gentleness with creatures of various kinds before. He was no threat to them.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Misaki couldn't help a smile as she heard the great dragon say he had heard of Izumi. "My understanding is that she saved Michi from starvation, bandaged his hurt as well." she replied, glancing over to Hayasu as the dragon demanded his name as well. She made a mental note to find a way to thank him later for all of this as she stood up. He had risked quite a bit bringing her here, and he didn't even know her in the least.

But Misaki was distracted as soon as the other dragons began to come out of hiding. Her face lit up almost like an excited child as she looked around at all the dragons, even the younglings. She turned her attention back to the red dragon, who she now knew was named Rikuto, and glanced at Yuzuki as she stood beside him. Misaki bowed to her as well before her smile broke out once more. "Sisters in Scales." she said quietly through her smile. It was a term she had read up on before, as to how dragons referred to one another when their scales shared the same color. She wasn't sure if the dragon would take offense to it or not, in fact she hadn't really been thinking in that way at all.

She glanced at Kureiji as he moved to Misaki's shoulder and she reached up to scratch his chest a little, just a move to assure the monkey she was okay with him there as her wings and tail stretched and returned to their positions again. She turned her attention back to Rikuto as he spoke, realizing she might not be ready for what he asked. "I admit, My Lord, I'm weak in more ways than one. I will not dishonor you or myself by requesting such a test now when I know I'd likely fail... but with your permission I would like to return and ask for such a test when I'm ready. Perhaps... you'd be gracious enough to allow me time up here with all of you as well? I know I have no right to ask, you know only of my kin but not of me. But with my fascination of you and yours I'm not sure I could walk away without at least asking."

Misaki jumped as she heard a sudden yell and looked over to see Hayasu being chased by the younglings. She couldn't help it, covering her mouth with a hand dotted with silver scalres and giggling a bit at the spectacle.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Hayasu, during the little discussion and conversation, was still scurrying about in attempts to dodge the Younglings, finally perching on a rock out of reach. He pointed and laughed before one huffed and blew a small torrent of flame, just enough to light his pants on fire. In a hurry, he swatted at the scorch mark before accidentally hitting himself between the thighs, right in his own dragon eggs. "HRRRRGH!"He exclaimed, his face going pale as he fell over and twitched.

Yuzuki nodded and bowed a bit politely at the proper addressment. "It appears you know our customs...most impressive.." The dragon cooed out, her voice smoothe, and peaceful. She turned to tend to the younglings, pushing them along to leave poor Hayasu alone.

At Misaki's words, he huffed and snorted a bit. "Mph..I suppose~. You will have to make the climb up here yourself, and never at night. I cannot be forgiving of anyone who dares approach our nests without being directly in site, let alone under the cover of darkness. It is not a personal matter, but I do not trust you. If you agree to these terms and abide by my rules, we will test you indeed." Rikuto boomed, confident that she got the message if she failed to follow his instructions.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Misaki found it difficult to keep from laughing as she saw Hayasu with the younglings out of the corner of her eyes, though her smile did widen as the female dragon seemed to compliment her on what she knew, and as the great red spoke again she turned her eyes back to him and nodded. "Thank you." she replied to him. "I agree, and will abide by your rules." she added, taking a moment to bow once more out of respect for him and the position he held over them all.

She couldn't help but wonder if the younglings after Hayasu now were all his, or how many of these females were his mates. She had researched so much since she was young but in the face of the reality she found so much of it was forgotten in a single moment. And among everything she'd forgotten she couldn't help but wonder, with her having altered her body as such, did that make her as much his charge as the dragons themselves? She wasn't sure what he would recognize her as in the coming days, right now she simply hoped to make friends, and later she would hopefully make allies.

She glanced over at Hayasu and looked at Kureiji a moment before returning her eyes to the dragon before her with a chuckle. "Perhaps I should rescue Hayasu from your young." she suggested with a slightly raised eyebrow, though in truth she was enjoying the spectacle.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Hayasu managed to roll onto his knees and wheezed, Kureiji snickering and laughing. He shot the monkey a pure death glare of death so strong, lightning could be seen in his eyes. In a flash, Hayasu sprinted up and dropkicked Kureiji perfectly off of Misaki's shoulder. "KICK THE MONKEYYYYY! WHEEE!" He called mockingly, Kureiji having been launched clear into the crowds.

The crazy thing about these two, is for all of the comical violence, they were near inseperable.

As soon as Hayasu got up and brushed himself off, he grinned. "Got him! Teach that little sh-" was all he managed out before his jewels were once more smacked by the Monkey. Hayasu reeled over in pain and submitted, waving a white flag, to which Kureiji perched on his head victoriously.

It was now apparent Kureiji was prepared this time, and had replaced himself with a rock that looked suspiciously like a monkey at high velocities. Hayasu had been defeated!

Rikuto grumbled and raised what amounted to be his brow, turning his head to Misaki. "Are..they always this insane?" The stoic dragon asked, troubled by how eccentric the duo was. It was most certainly not a common thing by dragonkind. Yuzuki slid against her mate, nuzzling into Rikuto affectionately before winking at Misaki.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Misaki's expression as she watched the exchange between the two suggested she was just as stunned by the entire interaction as Rikuto was. Though truth be told, she couldn't help a slight giggle as Kureiji seemed to win, especially after Hayasu had startled her by kicking the monkey off her shoulder in the first place. She turned to look at Rikuto as the dragon addressed her and shrugged weakly. "I'm... not certain." she mentioned. "I think so... I only just met them today though." she added, noticing Yuzuki's attempts to get Rikuto's attention and the young Ishiguro smirked a bit at the female dragon's wink. "I'll get them out of your h-scales, though... let you get back to your business." she said, winking back at Yuzuki before walking over to the pair.

"Come on, I think it's time we head back down and leave them to their lives." she mentioned with a chuckle, shaking her head as she motioned for them to follow and started leading the way. "Are you two always like this?" she asked suddenly as they moved away from the dragons.

She had to admit, she found the pair odd, though she was at the least grateful to Hayasu, he had after all just fulfilled something she'd been wishing for for a very long time.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Hayasu limped and followed Misaki in tow, Kureiji triumphantly and boastfully waddling aside Hayasu, waving to the various dragonkin as they growled and licked their fangs hungrily. Kureiji scurried up Hayasu's back, whom was still quite mopey from his rather extreme injuries by a male's case.

He shrugged at her words. "Sort of. Depends on the day. This is about our usual antics, though we've been worse." Hayasu said honestly, chuckling a bit as they reached the mountain's edge. Without hesitation, Hayasu hopped down and began the descent with Misaki. It would appear Hayasu made some new friends, and not all of them human. Kureiji clung to Hayasu for dear life, as even the little monkey wasn't strong enough or adept enough at climbing like Hayasu.

"Where too now Misaki? You got what you wanted!" Hayasu called out, skidding down the mountain side at the roaring peaks of Lightning Country. The sun beamed over the horizon as dusk started to settle, and it was clear the pair should probably take shelter or get back to Kumokagure.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:19 pm

As Hayasu disappeared over the mountain-side, Misaki hesitated a moment but soon followed after. She made her way down without too much difficulty, periodically her wings stretched out instinctively as she found her foothold or handhold shakey. But she wasn't too bad and before too long she was beside Hayasu as they made their way and he asked her a question. She grinned at him a moment before responding. "No idea where next." she commented, glancing at the sky. "Thank you though, I've wanted to do that since I was a child and never knew where to go... and no one would've had the courage to take me anyway." she added, suddenly moving towards Hayasu and kissing him on the cheek before continuing her way downward.

She sighed as the kept moving, before long her feet touching ground and her wings stretching as she stole another glance upward. "Do you think we have time to get back to the village?" she asked. "Or should we just find a cave up here or something until the morning?" she added, turning and looking at Kureiji a moment as the monkey clung to Hayasu and she reached over to try and give him a reassuring scratch on the head.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Hayasu had been skidding along from mound to mount until she kissed him on the cheek, causing him to blink and blankly stare. Did she just...? Hayasu thought until he lost his footing and flailed with his arms to try and regain his composure. Too late.

He tumbled and rolled just as her hand had extended, the poor pathetic look of Kureiji's seeming innocence was the last she saw until they tumbled off into the crowds. Hayasu screamed confused as Kureiji joined in, falling through the clouds as he flapped around like a bird. He grabbed Kureiji and huddled him against his chest, turning and feeling his back slam into a boulder, skidding back down a mountain side as he laughed. Apparently being in the situation was exciting enough to even be considered fun!

They flailed about a bit longer until Hayasu managed to come to a halt, checking around for Misaki. He hadn't gotten the chance yet to tell her they could do either or, but after his latest tumble, it was probably best to camp out until morning.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Misaki blinked a moment and watched them go, momentarily considering a bold rescue maneuver, which quickly turned to a rolling of the eyes as she heard yells and laughter. She turned and leaped off the edge herself, her wings folded at her back as she dove almost like a human missile. As she cut through the clouds and knew she was getting closer her wings suddenly threw themselves outward and caught a wind, slowing her descent until she landed on her feet and rolled to lessen the impact.

She looked around a bit and soon saw Hayasu and Kureiji, turning and walking over to the two with a slight smirk. "You two alright?" she asked, glancing them over a moment as if checking for any more obvious wounds. She knelt down beside them as she waited for an answer. "If you two are sore at all we should probably find a cave and rest there tonight." she mentioned.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Hayasu yawned lazily on a cliff size, dangling over as he pulled himself and Kureiji back up, brushing himself off before shrugging. "I've had much worse, If you feel we should rest though, Kureiji and I are no stranger to sleeping in the wilds. If we can't find a cave I could always make one." Hayasu grinned, noticing that it had indeed grew dusky over the mountains.

The cold mountain current was sweeping down, the various shrubbery and trees swaying in the winds as the cold chill sent a shiver down his spine. It was definitely a good time to probably get shelter and warmth. He turned a bit and saw there was just enough room. He slid over and patted the side of the mountain before throwing a colossal punch. And then another. And another, until it turned into a fury of blows. In mere moments, he broke into the mountain side and managed to make a small cave for them to seek shelter in, using his strength to scoop and dig out all of the dirt as it crumbled off the cliff. With a quick pat of his hands, he grinned and headed for a dead bush. Having dug a makeshift firepit, he set the brush in it and made some hand seals, sending a small spark of Raiton chakra into it and soon a cozy fire was lit.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:35 pm

Misaki was about to ask how he planned to make one, but before she could really ask the question, the man had already begun attacking the cliff wall. With a raised eyebrow she turned and crossed her arms over her chest as she watched him work, rather surprised by how quickly he managed to make the small cave. It wasn't a bad idea really, most caves weren't small and had so many nooks and crannies that would need investigating for bothersome critters... really him making one instead was probably the best option.

As he lit a fire for them, Misaki walked over and sat down within the cave, her wings folding behind her as she sat cross-legged and her tail came around her body to rest in her lap. Her fingers moved across the end of her own tail, the spikes that were mostly hidden as she looked at Hayasu. "You know... you always react that way when a girl kisses you on the cheek?" she asked suddenly in her own moment of curiosity, having finally realized just when he had fallen and how it had coincided with her thanking him for helping her out.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Hayasu had sat and chuckled, munching a bit on some jerky he kept stashed. "Mmmm sort of. It just caught me off guard. I've never really gotten involved with women, as I've always been on the road training." Hayasu said honestly, kicking back against the side of the cave and crossing his legs over as he lay on his back, closing his eyes while Kureiji flaked out on his chest. "I never saw a point to it really, but thank you for it none the less!"[/b] Hayasu said shyly, changing the subject back over. "We should be safe for the evening, and tomorrow we can head back to Kumo." He finally replied, finishing a piece of jerky and giving Kureiji some scraps who destroyed what remained of it. He then offered another back to Misaki. "If you're hungry help yourself."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:22 am

Misaki laughed as Hayasu thanked her for the kiss. She shook her head, unable to help the thought that it was such an odd thing to thank a woman for. "Well allow me to give you your first lesson in women, in that case, there's nothing to thank me for. That was my way of thanking you for what you did for me today." she explained as she spread out her wings, welcoming the feel of the warmth of the fire before finding a warm area of rock near the fire as she curled up. Her wings spread out over her, almost like a blanket.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really hungry myself." she remarked, her mind still on the events of the day. "God what I wouldn't give to be more like them, the dragons. I've come as close as I possibly can." she muttered, shifting under her wings as she tried to get comfortable.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Hayasu grinned and gave her a thumbs up. "We'll call it even then! If you need more warmth, I can add to the fire, or Kureiji's quite comfortably warm to snuggle with." He chuckled, tossing the furball over to her lap. He flipped Hayasu off but soon felt right at home before he started to doze off in Misaki's lap, snoring loudly like the filthy ape he was.

Hayasu on the other hand was still wide awake, gazing out to the stars over the misty mountains, smirking to himself as he listened to her. "You shouldn't want to be so much like something else, you may lose who you are in the process. I've strived my entire life to training, fighting, and being an outcast. Now I barely fit in if not for the wilds and that little bugger in your lap. I'm planning soon to be amongst the Monkey Sages of Kaisaru with the little guy with me. We're gonna' be gone a while, and we aren't sure how long a while is. All for the sake of being more like someone else." Hayasu spoke, for once being entirely serious and surprisingly heartfelt.

The man never really had a home outside of the village as a whole or the wild mountains that surrounded it. He was build to be a hermit, wanderer, and outside. Yet..it never bothered him. He never put thought into settling down. Getting married, having a family. The only thing he ever looked to the future for was what he could do to improve himself and protect the village. The next fight was more important to him then enjoying the small things in life..and he knew deep down he had to change that while he was still young. An eternity of fighting only ever lead to one place ; in the very Earth he fights to protect.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Misaki smiled down at Kureiji as he got comfortable in her lap and she pet him lightly, trying to help him fall asleep as she moved enough to lay back down. "I think Kureiji is warm enough." she replied, resisting the urge to tease him by trying to get him to curl up with her instead. She'd already caused him to fall off a mountain with a small flirt, she wasn't sure his reaction to such a tease would be safe to his health.

Meanwhile she listened to what he had to say about trying to be something she wasn't, and she couldn't help a shrug. "I've never felt at home honestly, never felt right. Not among my clan, my family... honestly until I met my friend Izumi I just felt out of place, even before all these changes. Then she introduced me to her friend Michi, a dragon who entered into a summoning contract with her, and I felt... I don't know. I'm not sure how to describe it." she said with a sigh and a light chuckle. "You probably think I'm weird or ungrateful or something... everyone else does..." she added, as if resigning herself to the fact that no one seemed to understand her.

She didn't say much beyond that as she looked at Kureiji and continued to pet him gently, watching the monkey fall asleep. She couldn't help a little envy at the critter, he knew exactly what he was and was perfectly at home with that. She knew that maybe she was being silly after all, but she just couldn't shake the feeling that she didn't fit. "Izumi used to understand me, but after she moved with Tokaido that changed. I think being with him really gave her a place to belong, a home I guess."

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:29 pm

Hayasu looked over and laughed as Kureiji was flaked out, clearly unconcious from the day's hard work of doing pretty much nothing. "He certainly does. Little bastard, always fitting wherever he can." Hayasu chuckled out before stretching and yawning again, listening to her reasoning. "Home is where you make it. I don't belong in society myself, which is why we stick to the mountains most of the time. Developing jutsu and training to get as strong as possible. I made a promise to someone that I intend to keep." Hayasu said, thinking of his sensei whom had taught him so much throughout his early years. He told him he was going to get strong, and some day be a force to be both respected and feared.

At her other comment, he shook his head. "No need to feel ungreatful, its just a matter of perspective. If you don't feel you belong there, then you don't. Your instincts are what keep you alive and happy. Trust them." Hayasu said with a smile, giving her a thumbs up before starting to relax in his position. "You've got the dragons to go too now, they'll teach you how to summon their kind. Then you'll have somewhere where your happy, and as far as I'm concerned, if you're happy where you are you're at home." Hayasu said completely honestly, the fire cackling and starting to die down a bit. The darkness started to creep in, along with Hayasu's eyes growing heavier and heavier.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:45 pm

"Who did you make the promise to?" Misaki asked, idly still petting Kureiji as her eyelids became heavier and heavier. She was close to falling asleep, here by the fire with the fairly warm critter laying on her, and her wings even helping to catch the heat and funnel it to herself. She listened quietly as Hayasu spoke, smiling as he told her to trust her instincts, and reminded her that she has the dragons now.

"And I have you to thank for that." she said quietly, reaching over and giving his hand a light squeeze even as her eyes slowly closed. She was finally getting so tired she just couldn't fight it anymore, her arm still outstretched as she slowly gave in to sleep. Her dreams would be filled, as usual, with thoughts of flying with her scaled kin. Yet now it seemed all the more enjoyable, knowing that such a thing wasn't just a dream anymore.

It just might be attainable.

Return to “Lightning Empire”