Zasadel

Assassination Calling

Post by Zasadel » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:02 pm

Mission DetailsShow
Assassination Attempt!
B-Rank Mission Contract
For Chuunin+ Participants
From Ote, Syaoran of Lightning Country
Requesting [Someone is going to make an attempt on the nephew's life today. You must thwart them without revealing yourselves as a team of shinobi. Be alert, it may not necessarily be a direct attack.]
Time Limit for Mission 96 hours

Notes:
  • The nephew's name is Ishiki and is quite honorable + very well mannered. He's spent most of his life as a soldier, and therefore believes in total and utmost trust in the order of things. Ishiki trusts the shinobi and is aware of his situation, but holds no fear or pity for his asssassin. He and only a very select few of his bodyguards know of it, though the bodyguards will not be of much use or assistance.
  • As this mission is being done solo by a Jounin, the enemy assassin shall also be an A-Ranked character. There is zero information on methods, or techniques, your sources only tell you that it's today.
  • There is a public rally for support. Most would suggest this is when it would take place, but the rumor is the assassin can strike at any moment. Don't ever drop your guard.
  • If you wish to plan with the nephew on contingency plans, situation awareness, or planning in general, you will get two opportunities. During your initial meeting with him, and another depending on how the story goes.
  • Your mission time starts at dawn, you're expected to of either killed the assassin or revealed who it is by late evening. Fatal injury, death, or the assassin escaping without either A. An identity or B. A method in which to track him down will result in a mission failure.
A cool morning breeze rushed through the room of Ishiki, causing him to awaken about the same time as rays of light from dawn breaking over the horizon hit his eyes. Ishiki yawned contently, stretching as he got out of bed for the day. His personal bodyguard both immediately snapped to attention, summoning the aid who quickly marched into the room to help him get dressed. "Thank you very much, but I'm quite fine." Ishiki said waving the aid away as he got up to dress himself, the aid bowing as he left. His bodyguard stood ever vigilant and at attention, to which Ishiki chuckled a bit at the site of him. A burly man by the name of Batsuryu, with a mountainous voice, mighty beard, and well over six feet tall fully glad in armor with a ornate katana. "Batsuryu, at ease my friend. Nobody you need to impress in here." Ishiki said whilst stripping out of his sleep attire and into more formal clothing. He much preferred armor, but for now, he kept it off. The burly warrior known as Batsuryu shook his head.

"Your Uncle charged me with keeping you safe. I will do so if it costs me my life." He said proudly, Ishiki smiling. "Let us hope it does not come to that then. The Shinobi from Kumogakure will be here any moment, we must prepare for them. We weren't given a time, just told to expect someone before breakfast. Are the guards relieved and fed? And did you manage to sleep at all?" Ishiki said, to which Batsuryu beat his chest proudly. "I made sure of it my lord. I have not failed this day." Batsuryu said, Ishiki nodding. He was use to Batsuryu's bluntness by now, but it never ceased to make him get some enjoyment out of it. "Good, let's get the day started then. After you, like always." Ishiki said, having fully dressed and groomed by that point. Batsuryu marched forward and checked the hallway before nodding his approval as Ishiki headed for the door.
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

Return to “Lightning Empire”