[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Dawn was starting to boom on the horizon as Hayasu lazily yawned and stretched, slipping from his sleeping bag and checking the surroundings. The eeiry cold early morning air hit him with a rush as he lightly shivered. Kureiji tucked away in his jacket, he looked over at Sou. "Guess he hasn't quite awoken yet. I'd let him sleep but we have too much searching to be done." Hayasu said lightly before heading over to Sou's bag. He lightly tapped his comrade. "Wake up, time to go." He told Sou before starting to investigate his surroundings. The blood spatters and corpses of the fallen littered the area, and it was a gruesome site. Hayasu had forgotten how brutal he could be if he didn't keep himself in check. Just like when I first started to get strong..." He thought for a moment, shaking it off before he put out the warmth of the fire.

He grabbed his gear, figuring Sou was to do the same, before packing it neatly and throwing it over his shoulder. "By my estimation, we have about 11 hours, thirty two minutes until dusk again. We'll break at noon to eat and rest, but then it's back to our hunt." Hayasu called out, before heading for the cliff side to examine them. More blood and kunai littered the wall, but aside from that, it was quite a ragged fall down. At least 75+ meters. Not one he can make from simply jumping. Looking further, he saw a steep mountain side that appeared they could get down from. Beckoning to Sou, he headed for it with Kureiji lazily yawning and perching atop his shoulder.

With a grin, he had a clever idea. The hill seemed to be mostly dirt and gravel, and at that angle, they may be able to slide down the entire thing without too much trouble or distraction.
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:19 am

While outwardly he was sleeping peacefully, his dreams were anything but. Ever since the war Sou had been having nightmares; images of blood and death that haunted him, the voices of those he had killed damning him for his part in the slaughter. So when Hayasu poked him awake, it was with a kunai hand in that Sou shot up and pointed the blade straight at his comrade's throat. It took a second for the image of a faceless dying man to fade and be replaced with the visage of his partner. "Shit, sorry." He quickly pulled the blade back, looking anywhere but at Hayasu.

He either needed to become a lighter sleeper or find some way to get over these damn nightmares and soon. Who knew what would happen if it had been one of his little sisters' waking him up at home.

Quickly Sou scrambled up and started packing away his sleeping bag and other supplies before going about the gory task of retrieving any kunai and shuriken worth salvaging after last night's battle. The weapons were fairly cheap but Sou would rather not have to spend a fortune getting his stocks replaced when the mission was over. While Hayasu explained the general outline for the day, Sou wiped down the weapons and replaced them in his weapons pouches, nodding along. Their dinner had been fairly filling and, despite the late night activities, they could skip breakfast easily enough.

When he saw exactly what Hayasu was beckoning him towards, Sou stared at the mountainside with a blank look, slowly turning to stare at Hayasu, and then back to the mountainside. This process repeated a few times before Sou sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "You're not seriously thinking what I think you're thinking, are you?"

Good gods he hoped not.
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:57 am

The blade didn't bother Hayasu at all. He understood and had immediately brushed it off. He could tell if the blow was meant to be fatal or not, and he knew Sou wasn't the type to cut a man's throat for being disturbed, accident or not.

However, at his last question, Hayasu nodded and grinned wildly. "It'll be fun! Let's do it!" Hayasu cheered, Kureiji whooping just as excitedly. Assisting Sou in cleaning the camp and weaponry, he piled the bodies together almost effortlessly. It wasn't necessarily the right thing to do, but he didn't want them to simply liter all over. Even Shinobi had standards and some code of honor. At least the ones in Hayasu's good list did. He used the embers of their fire to reignite a branch, torching the corpses so they wouldn't rot and cause a world of other issues.

"Sorry fellas, don't have the time or patience to bury you guys. May your gods accept you into whatever hell they have reserved for thieves and shitheads like me." Hayasu stated, nodding before tossing the torch into the growing flame. He turned to Sou and beckoned him, heading for the mountain he pictured earlier. After about twenty minutes at a Shinobi's pace, they arrived to the edge overlooking the long road down. Oh yes, Hayasu had a plan for this. Looking around he saw some flatter boulders, chuckling to himself before giving Sou a thumbs up. Racing forward, he jumped onto his hands and sprang up, spinning in mid air before slamming his heel down on one, watching it crack and splinter into two long sheets of rock.

He picked the sheet up before tossing it infront of Sou with a THUD! While it was heavy, it wasn't unmanageable and would suit his intentions. "Surfs up! See you at the bottom!" Hayasu cheered before jumping onto the makeshift board, howling in laughter as he slid down the mountain side at a brisk pace. Keeping his balance steady, it would cut an hour journey down to a few minutes at most. The wind blasted past his ears, almost deafening as Kureiji squealed all the way down. He dodged, weaved, and did his best to avoid slamming into anything of significant weight. After all, he wasn't completely crazy!

Techniques UsedShow

Drunken Monkey: Twisted Monkey Cannon
C - Rank - Taijutsu Maneuver
Used to exit a fight or evade an attack, the user performs a front flip motion, landing onto their palms in a hand-stand before instantly flinging themselves forward into the air in a somersault motion. Shortly before reaching their target, they unwind their body performing a heel drop on the target. The original springing motion allows the user to accelerate forward at an alarming rate and mixed with their spinning, their body gains a powerful amount of momentum before coming down and releasing it onto the target. If the target has less strength than the user (-10 or greater) the move is usually powerful enough to slam them down into the ground.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:36 am

Sou shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair, pulling at the strands in mild annoyance before shaking it out again and getting to work. Dashing across the relatively steady incline towards the mountain Hayasu intended to try and kill them on would possibly be the most relaxing part of the day ahead. The run let Sou relax his mind from his nightmares and centre himself for the task ahead.

Coming to a halt he merely stood back and watched as Hayasu did his thing. Seriously, this guy needed to lay off the weight training. There was being strong and then there was whatever the hell Hayasu was. Who the crap broke a damn boulder in half with nothing but a kick!? The ridiculously loud thump the slab made against the dirt and gravel at his feet only made Sou stare at Hayasu with a sardonic raise of his brow as if to say 'really?'

Watching the monkey man go, for want of a better term, surfing down the side of the mountain had Sou sincerely wishing he had declined this mission. Anything would have been better than what he was about to do. Looking between the slope and the slab, he sighed and slowly, carefully, stood on the stone slab and gently eased it towards the ledge. With a deep breath, Sou channelled a little chakra to his feet to make sure he stayed attached to the damn thing and pushed off with a few final words.

"Please don't let my family find out I died following an idiot mountain-surfing."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Hayasu grinned and whooped, waving his arms excitedly whilst cheering. "WOOOOOOOO~! THIS IS WAY MORE FUN THEN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!" Hayasu called out to Sou. He weaved, ducked, and kept a steady balance through the use of chakra manipulation as he screamed down the mountain side. Gravel, dust, and rock chipped away as he carved his way down. And if there was one thing he did right so far, it was that it was saving them a tremendous amount of time and energy. He continued to skid, dodging the odd rock formation and foliage until he got closer to the foot of the mountain. Timing it just right, he leapt from it and watched it soar forward, slamming into a tree trunk and practically splitting it in half.

The moment he planted his feet into a screeching halt, he regained his balance and composure after flailing a bit, turning back to look up the mountain side. By his estimation that had indeed saved them at least a thirty minute climb at his fastest pace; a good call. He could make out Sou at the top, but noticed he hadn't started his descent. He raised an eye and waved his arms to cheer him on, Kureiji sliding from his coat to his shoulder and joining in the encouragement. What was the worst that could happen?! The ground around him was fairly safe, with a small valley nestled between the mountain line extending into a small forest. This was the first spot Hayasu wanted to check.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:18 pm

If I survive this, I'm going to kill him!

That was the one thought that was repeatedly running through Sou's mind as he surfed down the mountainside, doing his best to follow the path Hayasu had taken. The man had made it safely to the bottom so obviously his path had some merit. And of course he absolutely refused to admit the feeling of the wind blowing around his face, whipping through his hair, and the sudden rush of adrenaline was enjoyable.

No, it was absolutely not actually fun.

Not even a little.

… Okay, maybe just a tiny bit.

The smallest of smiles inched onto Sou's face as he shifted his body weight, causing he slab of stone turned surfboard to be aimed slightly towards a smoothly curved boulder that seemed positioned so perfectly he couldn't resist. If he timed it just right… and suddenly Sou was soaring through the air, still going down the mountain but not attached to the mountain's surface. The chakra kept him attached to the stone slab as he flipped through the air, descending as fast as if he had continued to slide, until he realized he would reach the bottom before he landed again.

He kicked away from the stone, letting his chakra retreat back into his core, and finished his flip solo until he landed smack bang next to Hayasu, the stone slab colliding with the ground in a particularly loud bang, pushing up a large cloud of dirt. Sou coughed a few times, waving the cloud of dust away from his face, before slowly turning towards Hayasu.

"We will never speak of what just happened." Clearing his throat, Sou looked around, spotting the valley and the forest. He jerked his head in the direction of it. "We're looking in there, right?" He quickly started walking before Hayasu even had time to tell him if it was actually their destination or not
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Hayasu snorted into laughter, grinning as he gave him a thumbs up. "Nice mountain surfing skills. Maybe I'll endorse it and start a shop up! What do you think? Of course you don't want to be included so no cut for you!" Hayasu teased, nodding at his comment as he turned for the forest and began to walk. It was definitely their first target, but only time would tell what it actually brought them. He was glad to see Sou was enjoying himself even the slightest, allthough he didn't quite know what went on in Sou's head while he slept, the indication of his reaction was more then enough for him to understand that he needed more joy in his life. If Hayasu had to be an idiot to do so, he certainly would do his best.

He beckoned Sou to follow, heading into the treeline as he ran up one of the trunks into the branches, Kureiji whooping along as they began to jump from branch to branch. It was good to be in somewhere of comfort for Hayasu, as in the wilds, he was truly at home. He grinned as he launched himself further and further, hoping Sou could keep pace. Before long, it had been about half an hour, and they were quickly getting to the heart of the forest. As they grew close, Hayasu stopped for a moment, pausing as he listened. A whirling crack of branches and vines were heard as he dove, grabbing Sou and ducking as two colossal logs smashed together; a trap. One Hayasu was expecting.

Hayasu checked around and nodded before standing up and offering Sou his hand. "Well that was both interesting and expected." Hayasu said grinning, a laugh booming out.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Following his partner past the tree line and into the forest, the duo took to dashing from tree to tree as was standard practice for any ninja. It was easier to spot traps from up here and people didn't really look up into the trees unless they suspected something was above them, or they themselves were a trained ninja.

Plus, something about it was just plain cool.

His jacket flapped about behind him as he ran, Hayasu and Kureiji steadily getting further and further ahead. Seriously, the guy needed to realize not everyone was always as gung-ho as he was. With his smile steadily turning into a frown the deeper they went, Sou was quickly finding himself annoyed at the pace the Jounin was setting. When Hayasu finally paused, Sou was so far gone in his annoyance he didn't stop to question why the man had stopped. Instead he immediately launched into a rant.

"Oi, not all of us are bloody nutters that lived out in the mountains for most of their bloody lives. Some of us, in fact most of us, were actually raised in the damn village. How about you try and keep that bloody speed of your in check you moro-oooooon!"

Sou's words turned into a pained groan as he was suddenly pulled down when a log trap was triggered by who only knew what. Was it even possible for traps like that to be triggered by presence alone? Slapping Hayasu's hand away, his laugh just serving to annoy him further, Sou pulled himself up and rolled his neck to try and get over the feeling of whiplash from being thrown to the ground. "How about next time you just bloody warn me instead of manhandling me? I'm perfectly capable of moving on my own, thank you."

Sou's ranting quickly descending into grumbles under his breath about 'country hicks' and 'bloody monkey men'.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Hayasu smirked. "That's because I set that. I just couldn't remember how many paces and trees it was before the wire was tripped. This is a good sign, it means my outpost isn't fucked and hasn't been messed with." Hayasu replied, laughing ever still at Sou before he got up and headed toward a rather large tree. Knocking against it, it sounded...hollow?! TWith a grunt he pushed against the trunk as a very well hidden door pushed open revealing a hollowed out tree just enough for two, or one giant man, to head inside.

The rope ladder was quite sturdy and well knotted, and soon he climbed down presumably with Sou in toll. As he lowered himself down, he headed for a suprisingly ornate tunnel underground, and with a simple hit of a switch, enough dim light powered itself to showcase a small base. While it most certainly wasn't huge or ornate, it was big enough to house a small group comfortably, complete with rations and various methods of resupplying themselves. He grinned as he hopped onto a makeshift couch, stretching out in comfort. "I built this as an emergency hiding place if things ever went south in Kumo and I needed somewhere to hide until I could sneak off deeper into the mountains. Whatcha' think?" he asked with a happy smile, Kureiji hopping off to get two freshly stored canteens of water, bringing one to Sou.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:11 am

'I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill him and hide the body out here. No one will ever know.'

Following the blasted nutter into a hollowed out tree, Sou was seriously beginning to question his sanity if he remained in Hayasu's presence for much longer. The guy was just too much. In small doses, sure, he was great, but they had only been on this mission for a day and already Sou's patience was becoming frayed at the edges. With a steady, calming breath, Sou looked around the bolt hole and arched a sardonic eyebrow in response to Hayasu's explanation. "You often make contingency plans for going rogue? Should I be worried?"

Shaking his head, he took the bottle from the monkey and sniffed at it, wondering just how long it had been down here, before turning back to Hayasu. Who was now lounging on a couch... Of course he was. Again, he raised his eyebrow, but this time with a small frown on his face. "I thought we were scouting for a splinter cell of enemy forces, not playing around in your secret hangout. What exactly are we doing here, Hayasu?" He didn't mean to sound annoyed, but they really had a mission to be getting on with.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:49 am

Hayasu laughed heartily. He always knew how to push Sou's buttons quite well. "Well for one, unless you'd like to camp out on the side of a mountain with risks of being attacked while you go for another piss, I figured you'd like at least a little more comfort. Excuse me for trying to look out for you! And for another, we're going to need supplies. We're going to be out here for days, a fallback area and a resupply room is going to be something of use, right?" Hayasu replied, knowing full well that despite Sou's protests, he was generally right. He wasn't here to party and lounge around, they both did have a mission to complete. But even the strongest shinobi needed a place to safely rest. It grew awfully cold the further into the mountains they went.

After hopping up, Hayasu began to scrounge around for more supplies, making sure he restocked himself on Kunai and Shuriken as well as jerky and water. It would do for him. Knowing he didn't want to keep Sou waiting for too much longer, he gathered up the remainder of what he needed and nodded at Sou. "Back to work then." He stated, heading back up to the surface and into the heart of the small forest. He checked his surroundings to make sure there was no pesky eyes before heading west, knowing there was a small clearing that would be ideal for a small makeshift camp. He hopped from tree to tree, pausing once more as they grew fairly close. The whole journey had taken about fifteen minutes, but Hayasu's suspicions were right. In the center sat a small deserted camp. "Either the bandits we dispatched, or a small caravan. Too small for our splinter cell. Sweep the camp." Hayasu told Sou before leaping from his position to one side. Carefully he began to examine and break everything down in his head. Who was there? Why? And where were they headed?

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:21 am

Sou looked between Hayasu and the backpacks he had brought, both laden with supplies, before scowling even more. "Could've told me I didn't need to get these before we left the village." He pulled the pack off his shoulders and dumped it onto the stone floor. He had to admit, it was nice to know that they had a fall back staging area in case shit hit the fan. Making sure he still had all his weapons at the ready, he only grabbed what supplies he would need for a few hours in the woods before following Hayasu back out of the… tree house?

It didn't take long to reach the clearing and Sou was quick to fall into step behind the Special Jounin. He dropped down into the clearing from the tree branch highway they had taken to get here, starting from the opposite side of the abandoned campsite. He made his way over to the remnants of a fire pit, holding his hand over it. There was still a bit of residual heat in the ashes; he ran his hand though them. It wasn't enough to burn but, given how low the temperature was, they couldn't have been gone for that long.

"Caravan, maybe? There's still a little heat in the ashes here. If it was the bandits from last night, it'd be stone cold by now. Unless there are more of them."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Hayasu nodded in agreement, as it was a fair assessment. He continued scouring the area a bit more as he kept his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary. Oddly enough, it wasn't Hayasu that found a clue; it was Kureiji. The badass little monkey whooped and called out to Hayasu, whom turned and headed for his position. "What did you find? I swear to god if it's food...you better share." Hayasu muttered, squatting down to check it out. Kureiji held out his paw presented him with a scribbled note. Upon it was a scribbled, clearly in a hurry;

Slavers. Pls. Help.

A dark, sinking feeling buried itself deep into Hayasu's stomach as his rage boiiled hard. Slavers? In HIS country?! The mere thought of this disgusted him. While the mission was the utmost importance, he knew these slavers couldn't be far, and could have a connection to this splinter faction. They also were not allowed to live by hius own eyes.He spat on the ground and pat Kureiji, scratching his ears whom whooped excitedly and perched on his shoulder, picking through his hair.

"Oi! Sou! Read this. We have a new problem." Hayasu called out, heading for the far side of the encampment to join his companion. He gave the note to Sou and checked around some more, spotting a faint set of tracks. He crouched down and ran his hand through them. Hayasu was no tracker nin, but he was use to tracking game through these mountains, and he knew the area well. They headed south east, based on Sou's assumption of the fire and the recent racks, maybe less then half a day.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Looking up from a pile of trash that was offering no real clues as to who had been here, he took the note from Hayasu and immediately scowled. How? How did his missions always end up like this? With a rough sigh he pushed the note back into Hayasu's hand and went back to scouring the campsite. "We have a mission to complete. The slavers are a problem for another day. Without any evidence to suggest they're the splinter cell we're looking for, we should forget about them, Hayasu. You said it yourself; these guys may have a traitor helping them. A traitor in Kumo takes precedence over a group of slavers."

Even as he spoke the words he felt like he was going to be sick. It was wrong, abandoning these people to their fate. He knew that. But logically speaking he knew they had a more pressing mission to complete. "You're the team leader. It's your decision. Just… if we waste time on this, and the splinter cell gets away, we could never find out if there really is a traitor or not. We'll be second guessing every decision made by the village for the rest of our careers." He folded his arms and turned to look at Hayasu, who was staring at a set of tracks leading away from the camp. "You said yourself there are other places they could be hiding, this is just the first stop. Either we go to these places or track these slavers. It's your call."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Hayasu grumbled and sighed, still crouched and thinking before an idea popped in his head. He still had the flare. With a curious thought of brilliance, he got the idea. Yes, he was mission leader. Yes, he had a duty to the mission first. But, there was still a chance this slaver unit could have ties or lead him to his true target. And while he couldn't justify sending Sou to keep going on his own with the risk of a missing-nin, he certainly could get backup to do it with him.

Hayasu may be completely loyal to his missions and the village, but it's people ultimately was what came first. And he was going to make them pay.

He stood and headed over to Sou, nodding as he requested the flare gun. "I have an idea. Let me see the flare for a moment. We're going to take care of both while we still can." Hayasu explained, Kureiji whooping as he strolled over curiously to see what the plan was. He couldn't abandon these people to their suffering, no chance of that. If he could get a third shinobi, they could continue the mission and Hayasu could catch up later. Hayasu would NEVER abandon his people. He got this far for that reason, and he wasn't going to let that fall behind his Nindo. Nobody deserved a life in shackles and slavery. Which was ironic in his own mind as he was bound to Kumo. But he chose this life, the peasants who were enslaved did not.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Sou gave Hayasu a sceptical glance but pulled the scroll from his utility pouch. Unravelling it, he released the flare from within with a quick hand seal and passed it to the other man. Shaking his head, he put the scroll away again and folded his arms over his chest. This was a bad idea. They were wasting their one chance to call for backup on an unessential part of the mission. Turning around he started going through the rest of the camp, not even muttering under his breath. He had told Hayasu to make the call, and now he was. If he happened to not agree with it, then that was his own problem.

When he finally did speak up, Sou had pushed aside his misgivings about the decision and was focused on the mission at hand. "You're the one that knows these mountains, Hayasu. Not me. It's why you were chosen for the mission, I'm just here as back up. So unless you have a map to where I need to go next, you're gonna have to stop in your righteous crusade for a moment to give me some directions."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Once Sou gave it to him, he grasped the flare from Sou's hand, holding it out to examine it. It was shaped similar to a pistol, but with seals all across it. It's purpose was simply to burn through the use of Fuuinjutsu sealed chakra, and only Shinobi would know what it's purpose was. Without hesitation, he stood up and aimed it at the sky, pulling the trigger as a hiss followed by a small bang could be heard, a small rocket of bright blue chakra soaring into the skies before it detonated into a very bright green. His call for assistance would be here soon, as any number of watchtowers within a dozen miles would be able to make it out. Now all he had to do was wait.

"I'll be sending Kureiji with you. He knows the mountains as well as I do. For now, we just have to wait for some backup. I'm sorry Sou, be as I am, I cannot allow people to be enslaved while I draw breath. I fought as hard as I have to allow people to have the choice to do with their lives as they will. I wont be but half a day at most, I plan on giving them no mercy." Hayasu replied, his voice cold and calculated. This was yet another taste of the Hayasu Sou had not gotten to know; the killer. He had already formulated a plan on his mind on how to handle this, and with his speed, he could catch up to them quite quickly.

Dahlia

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Dahlia » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Ai had been at the watchtower for the better part of the day, and coincidentally was almost due for shift change. Certain that it was going to turn out to be an uneventful and wasted day, she resigned herself to waiting the last hour out. Then, she saw it, a bright flare signal that meant one thing to any Kumo nin worth their weight. Back up needed. Her’s was the closest tower to the flare’s source from what she could tell, so naturally she lept into action.

She sped off at full speed towards the source keeping in mind not to take any direct routes, sticking to the crevices between stones and the shadows. A false signal was unlikely, but possible. However, she was more than capable of handling herself if things did go badly. The jounin reached the point of firing in under ten minutes, perching between two stones a good few yards away and peering at the two shinobi.

She recognized one immediately, and the other after a bit of mental processing. “Hayasu,” she said coming out of her hiding spot and stepping forward with a slouched posture and her hands tucked into her pockets. “People are going to start talking if we keep happening to run into each other like this.” She winked, before looking to the other ninja.

”I don’t think we’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting in person Nukegara-san,” Ai said smiling brightly and tilting her head at him in a mockery of cheerfulness. ”Yatsuro Ai, jounin...care to brief me on the situation at hand?”

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:35 pm

Sou shook his head and clicked his tongue in annoyance but otherwise didn't comment on Hayasu's plan. It was really the best he could expect in the situation; it allowed the main mission to continue on and it assuaged his guilt at sacrificing a group of people in favor completing his task. Folding his arm and leaning against a nearby tree, Sou settled in to wait for backup. There was nothing left to go through in the camp; all they had found was the note and the tracks. Closing his eyes, the Chuunin took a few deep, steadying breaths and relaxed a little. If he kept stressing about the decisions of others, he'd go grey by the time he was twenty.

He heard someone approaching before he heard her voice. Cracking his eyes open, he looked across to the woman that had shown up. Their backup, he presumed. She was quick to introduce herself, apparently already knowing Hayasu, and he arched a blond eyebrow in mild surprise when she addressed him by name. He had no recollection of ever meeting this Jounin, and yet she knew his name. Because that wasn't creepy in the slightest. Sou's gaze cut across to Hayasu, wondering why he had summoned back up when they suspected there was a traitor about, but once again held his tongue.

The man had obviously made his mind up and there was no changing the situation now.

Pushing off from the tree, Sou unfolded his arms and tucked his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "Can't say we have. Pleasure's all mine, Yatsuro." He offered a respectful nod. "The situation is we're tracking a splinter group of soldiers that fought on the opposite side during the civil war. The problem is we've reason to believe that a group of traders or wanderers, not sure which, that were camped here have been taken by slavers. So naturally, mister hero over there wants to go save them." He sighed and shook his head, making his way over to Kureiji and offering his shoulder. "We, on other hand, are going to head to the next point we need to check. Two birds, one stone. So to speak."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Kureiji whooped as he scurried onto Sou's shoulder, planting himself comfortably and waving over at Ai. Hayasu on the other hand smiled over at Ai and nodded at Sou's summary. "That's the gist of it. Now it's up to me to finish my part. I'm going to pursue this lead and join you both. Kureiji knows the spots I had in mind. He'll continue on course and work with you both in hunting the faction down. I should have the slavers found and taken care of by sunrise at the latest. You three should be fine, but none the less, be careful and considerate. This is very much still a mission that can quickly get out of hand. Until we get more information on this splinter faction, we can't leave anything to chance." Hayasu spoke, recapping the critical points of failure for them both. He was very glad that Sou had agreed with his tactics. While it was a bit overkill, it was a necessary thing to do.

He nodded as he packed his gear, walking over to Kureiji and scratching his ears, the monkey whooping and nodding before he bowed to his companions. "I will see you guys by sunrise." Hayasu told them, before turning and sprinting off into the forested terrain of the valley. He leaped from tree to tree, whooping and accelerating until he was a madman of movement and speed. The trees rattled and swayed before soon dying down as Hayasu set off into them, leaving the other two to continue the pursuit.

Dahlia

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Dahlia » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:56 am

She wasn't surprised Hayasu was going the humanitarian route, and she honestly respected him for being able to take that risk. At least he had the forethought not to send the chuunin in by himself to do it. Even if his pet could take out most low level ninja, one C rank and a monkey hardly stood a chance if something more power heavy than they were expecting showed up in this splinter cell. Especially if the rumors about a possible traitor in the village was true...

She looked between them nodding her head. "Fine go play hero, I'll handle this...and do try not to get yourself killed. It'd be a shame to lose my favorite drinking buddy." she smiled and waved Hayasu off as he sprinted away. With him gone she turned her attention back to Sou.

"So what do we know about this cell's location? If nothing then I'm going to tell you now we're already off to a bad start," Ai crossed her arms the cheerful easy going mask gone. Instead a more cold and expressionless face took its place, cold and calculating with harsh eyes. "I'm good but not the most physical fighter, which means Kureji is probably our only power house. We'll need to take the most concealed tactical route possible and if Hayasu can't get back to us in time, prepare to utilize ambush tactics...and I'd suggest keep at least one alive for interrogative purposes. Which I'm more than capable of handling". A wicked grin crossed her face at the word interrogation.

The whole be a better person thing was still a work in progress.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 pm

Sou waited until Hayasu was gone before turning to address his new superior officer with little more than a raised eyebrow. He shrugged his shoulders at her question, taking note of the sudden lack of cheerfulness. "Then I'm afraid to inform you that we're off to a bad start. We were only sent out yesterday and were ambushed last night, so you'll have to forgive the lack of headway we've made." While he was rather cool right back to the now frosty Ai, he had to admit he far preferred her plan to whatever Hayasu's would have been; likely charging in whooping like a lunatic.

"I'm not a tracker and I'm not well versed with the mountains either. So you're right, a subtle approach would be better. Apparently the monkey knows the way." Sou turned his head enough to look at Kueiji sitting on his shoulder. He sighed, he couldn't believe he was about to take directions from an animal. "Well then, Kureiji, it's on you now. I know the general location of where we're headed, but not the most ideal path. And considering I've almost already been killed by one of Hayasu's traps today, perhaps you should lead the way, no?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:08 pm

As if almost insulted by Sou's word, Kureiji prepped the proper Chuunin-smack no jutsu and slapped Sou with a huff, hopping off to the ground and whooping. He pointed further east and scampered off, the little monkey clearly slowing his pace for the two. If it was Kureiji's choice, he would already be a blur of movement at the least, sprinting off. But alas, the adorable little shithead knew hee had to play guide. He beckoned onward before leading the group towards the east, darting from rock placement to rock placement to climb up and check his bearings. By the estimation of the group, It wouldn't be too much further before they checked out another site.

Approximately an hour or so had passed by now, with Hayasu having been long gone as Kureiji continued their journey. He soon brought them to a small group of caves, whooping and pointing up excitedly at the top. In a swift motion, he darted up the hills and to the top of a small bluff, whooping louder for them to come along and check. So far there was no sign of human activity, but it was clear that the caves could have many secrets. It would be up to the two shinobi to scan around with Kureiji's assistance.

Hayasu leaped from treeline to treeline, barreling through the trees with the wicked whoops and cheers as he kept a brisk pace. To any outsider or the untrained eye, Hayasu would look like a gigantic spider monkey, zipping through the trees. The branches rustled and waved while the man continued his journey, soon pulling himself to the top of a rather large pine. He used chakra to keep himself steady, checking around. "Should be about another hour based on the track direction...I think I know where they're heading." Hayasu spoke to himself, soon flinging himself back into the forest. He continued the journey for a few more moments before planting himself in the ground, checking around for fresh tracks or signs of where he was to head.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Before they could get more than a few hundred meters towards their next destination, there was another flare. Sou stared at it, not believing his misfortune. First Hayasu had wasted their emergency flare to call for backup so he could go off and his own and now that backup was needed elsewhere. With a sigh and a shake of his head, Sou waved off the Jounin. "Go. Help whoever needs help. Kureiji and I can handle this on our own." He watched until the Jounin was out of sight before letting out a giant huff of air from his nose. This entire bloody mission was turning out to be a pain.

And so man and monkey took off once again until they came upon a series of caves that had the damn monkey going ballistic. Sou gritted his teeth and stuck his pinky in his ear, attempting to stop the ringing in them from the animal's obnoxious whooping. This right here was why he didn't like animals. Making his way slowly up the side of the rocks, Sou came to the mouth of the cave and let out a soft, low whistle. It was almost pitch black beyond a few feet in. He jumped up over the cave entrance and applied a little chakra to his feet to run up the side of the hill where Kureiji had perched.

There were no signs of life, no recent activity. The bluff was empty. Sou turned back to look at where he had left the cave entrance. Oh he really didn't want to go down there. "Great. Just great. I love cave diving. Ugh." Dropping back down to the mouth of the cave, Sou took a deep breath and suppressed the shudder that threatened to run down his spine. He wasn't claustrophobic or nyctophobic, he had no reason to be so bloody worried about a darkened series of caves.

That didn't prevent him from taking out a kunai before he plunged into the darkness.

The darkness seemed to suck him in, and the light from outside didn't seem to reach into the darkness of the cave. It would be tough, since Sou had no idea what the inside of the cave looked like, and a lack of light would not help that problem by any length. He paused as he allowed the dark to swallow him and let his eyes adjust. When he could finally at least make out the walls of the caves, he began to slowly make his way forward.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 am

Hayasu continued his journey, trusting in the fact that Sou and Kureiji could handle it. He had been told that Ai couldn't assist after all, but it wasn't that big of a loss. It was better to have some reinforcements then none at all, and at the very least Kumo had a location on them if they were to go missing. Or, rather, an approximate area. Hayasu had taken great care to not allow anyone to follow them after all.

He skidded to a halt at near an hour of full speed sprinting, checking the area until he had stumbled upon a plume of smoke. He scoffed at the idiocracy. The slavers weren't exactly trying to hide their illegal activities then. He leaped forward and resumed his full sprint, directed straight towards the plume. He darted and jumped from branch to branch of the giant pines until he reached his destination. The horror of what he saw would haunt him for the rest of his days, and was exactly the reason why he wanted to be come strong.

Kureiji continued to whoop and growl a bit, standing on Sou's head to use his animal eyes to see a tad better. He tapped Sou's head and pointed along, helping him to navigate without running face first into walls. While a Monkey's vision wasn't much better then a humans, his hearing and animal tuned senses definitely would be useful.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:21 pm

He couldn't believe he was relying on a bloody monkey for guidance. And the damn monkey riding on his bloody head. If he got out of this, there was every chance he'd try and have Kureiji stuffed. He didn't mind the little bugger but there was a limit to the humiliation Sou could endure. Having a monkey ride on top of his heat and tug at his hair to give him directions was basically not just crossing the line, but jumping straight over the damn cliff.

Making his way down into the dark depths, Sou kept his ears open to try and pick up any sounds coming from the depths. His eyes were useless to him, while they had adjusted everything was little better than a black blur on a black background. Kureiji kept him from running face first into a wall but other than that there was no way to guide himself. Hell he wasn't even sure how he was supposed to find his way back. For the first time he found himself regretting learning Wind-style techniques over something like Fire. A light source would be incredibly useful right about now.

It wasn't long until he heard the echoes of footsteps and voices traveling along the length of the cavernous pathways. It didn't sound like many, certainly not strong enough to be a thirty-man platoon, but maybe three or four? Either travellers that had gotten lost or stragglers that had fallen behind? Sou had no way of knowing from here. He needed to find them, preferably without getting spotting himself.

"Alright monkey, your ears are better than mine. Don't let me down here, which way?"

Upon getting the directions from the monkey pulling on his damn hair, which annoyed him all the more this time because he had actually asked the damn thing to do it without realizing, he grunted and started forward towards the source of the noise. A shuffling of feet here, the metallic sound of a sword being sharpened there, the heavy breathing of one them and a choking, phlegm filled cough of another, it was all serving to paint a vivid picture in Sou's head of what he was about to walk into. The enclosed and echoing nature of the cave system made it almost impossible to predict where they actually where but he had a good idea there were only three or four.

In a place like this, one decent Ninjutsu should be enough to take them out. He'd just have to take care to avoid causing a cave in. And preferably avoid killing all of them. If they were stragglers from the cell he was tracking, one of them might be able to give some intel. Squaring his shoulders, he prepared himself for the coming struggle and turned around the next corner.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:41 pm

Kureiji whooped softly, tugging Sou's ears in the direction to walk. The Shinobi-Monkey duo were perfectly cloaked in the shroud of darkness that coated the cave, but there was many patrols around. The various guards continued to shuffle around, the banging and bashing of swords with the shuffling of feet indeed revealed it was a patrol. Despite that, it was enough to definitely be a threat. They were close.

The monkey tugged him to the right, then the left, then back to the right, using his animal intuitions to get him toward a light source until finally he helped guide Sou to an edge, climbing up onto it and toward a small opening. The little adorable bastard bolted for it and looked around, wooping a bit louder for Sou to follow until they reached the end. Once they walked through, the overview of a massive camp suggested that they had found what they set out for.

A warband's worth in size, it was definitely not something a Chuunin and a Monkey could take without some serious firepower. Men gathered around the glowing campfires, the shadow of the mountains casting quite a chilly overshadow over the small valley. No horses, but patrols climbed and checked everywhere. The cries of enslaved families wrang out, some silenced permanently. Hayasu would go insane if he had to listen to such madness. The men were clamored in various leathers and chainmail, but nothing ornate. A presumed command tent stood erected at the heart. Kumo banners lay around, desecrated and burned to ashes. Part of the camp was integrated into the caves, probably due to mining. It allowed them to migrate their forces effortlessly and hidden amongst the mountains. A brilliant decision from a tactical standpoint..and also not the work of a group of bandits. They had organization and inside knowledge for sure.

Kureiji growled and climbed back up to Sou, nodding at him as he signaled he was ready to fight if Sou so chose; but now it was up to the Chuunin on how to proceed, without even a hint of Hayasu being nearby. It was a risky situation, but they had most certainly had many ways to proceed.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:53 pm

The moment the monkey let go of Sou's hair and scrambled off to lead him via sound, the Chuunin internally celebrated and reached up to pat his hair back down. Yes, he was in hostile territory, yes he now had no clue where he was going, but gods did it feel good to not have his hair being tugged every few seconds. He did shake his head at the monkey's noises though. It was a good thing that the band he was tracking was making so much noise on their own else they would've heard the critters constant howling and whooping.

Crouching low, he made his way up the slope Kureiji had led him too, sticking to the shadows of the mountain wall to provide as much natural cover as possible, pulling his hood up to cover his face and shroud it in shadow even further. The sheer size of the force below had Sou ready to turn around and walk away right then and there. This was a 'splinter cell'!? It was an entire bloody warband. He scanned the soldiers and noted the civilians, adopting a scowl when he saw them. That cut out a lot of the more destructive methods like exploding tags and cave ins. If this were a Black Ops mission they would be an unfortunate casualty of war, but since this wasn't he had the choice to save them rather than complete the mission as swiftly and efficiently as possible.

He could see parts of the camp extend into the myriad of mine entrances and natural caves in the valley. It was like a damn anthill. There was no way he was brute forcing his way through this, not that he could even if he wanted to. His eyes focused on the large tent in the centre of it all. Command post. If he could get there, he could at least cut off the head of the snake. These were soldiers, not bandits, and were more likely to at least attempt a tactical retreat than fall into a frenzy. Taking a deep breath, he channelled a little chakra to his feet to ensure he stuck to the walls and began making his way around the edge of the mountain, trying to find an easy path to sneak along.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Kureiji clung tightly to Sou's back, keeping close and concealed to the best of his monkey ability. The unfortunate part of this situation was that one wrong glance and they would be spotted running down a wall. Something ordinary soldiers couldn't do. However, Sou had the right idea. Killing the leader would immediately cause effect, as infighting and morale would drop as well as consume itself from the inside. A brilliant idea.

On a side note, something Sou hadn't really been told yet was that Kureiji was an immense fighter by monkey standards. The little monkey was often an ace up Hayasu's sleeve, because quite simply nobody would ever think of the Money as being a trained killer. As they bounded towards the tent, it was still quite clear that the band was getting ready to move out within the next day or two. Soldiers were packing up materials, supplies, and tents, while squires assisted their superiors with menial tasks. Officers barked orders while guard tormented more hopeless souls. Kureiji whooped softly; Hayasu would not be happy.

Hayasu growled as he washed his hands of blood, the river flooded with various corpses of a large patrol he had completely decimated. He spat on the ground, listening to the now freed slaves as they fled to safety. In about twenty seconds, they would move out of his hearing range and be safe. He had interrogated a wounded soldier, giving him a swift death for his compliance in their camps location..it was far worse then he had thought. And he had to act. He stood back up, the giant of a man stretching and flexing his muscles out a bit before loosely bolting towards the treeline in a mighty leap. The brutish Hayasu was on a warpath of his own; and the slavers would pay. While he bounded from tree to tree, he formulated a plan in his mind. Get Sou and Kureiji. Kill them all. Simple yet effective.

Before long, he roused to the top of a mountain's edge, peering down at the small hidden valley, giving himself a moment to rest before the next attack. As if bound by fate, he peered down and saw Sou heading for the head of the beast, much to Hayasu's happiness. The kid knew what to do without him, and despite their grievances and clash, he was going to be a fine Jounin one day. But for now, it was time to work. And Hayasu had a bone to pick with these gutless worms.

He leapt from his perch and freefalled towards the valley, swinging from branch to branch as he came to contact with trees. To most he'd look like a giant blurred monkey with the speed and methods he moved..if they could even see him to begin with. With his new tactical location, he was in perfect position to begin his rampage...but first he wished to see if Sou could accomplish his own mission. It should be possible with Kureiji's help, but he wanted to give Sou a chance on his own. Too much chaos would get him spotted, but at the right time, it'd suit their needs perfectly.

Sanjuro

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Sou's first instinct was to make a mad dash for the command tent but knew it would be in vain. Having found a decently secluded part of the valley, he slid down and was crouched behind a rock, head poked out and watching, waiting for the opportune moment. They seemed to be making ready to leave if the comings and goings of people with crates and the shouting of the commanding officers were to be believed. This far away he couldn't perfectly make out words, he just had a vague sense of the situation. All this ruckus only served to have more hands on deck dealing with breaking up the camp, running around, and made it harder for Sou to just slip inside.

He needed a disguise.

Shifting his shoulders, he motioned for Kureiji to hop down for a moment, and studied the armour of one of the soldiers on patrol. He wasn't wearing a mask but one of the straw hats that seemed popular would suffice to cover his face. Lifting his hands, he ran through a set of hand seals and pushed his chakra around him. A plume of smoke later and in Sou's place a non-descript samurai was now crouching, complete with hat to cast a shadow over his face.

Standing up tall, he made to grab Kureiji and carry him instead of hiding him. "If anyone asks, I'll tell them I caught you and want to sell you. Exotic pets are worth a mint, right?" Assuming Kureiji played along, he would grab the monkey around the midsection and carry him as gently as he could manage while appearing to simply manhandle the animal. It wasn't as easy as it looked. Taking a deep breath, he adjusted his stance to try and match that of the samurai he had been watching and started on his way into the encampment, taking as direct a path as he could manage.

Walking by a large stack of crates, he slipped an exploding tag onto the back of it. Just in case.
TechniquesShow
*[Basic Jutsu • Transformation Technique]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the needed handseals, the user of this technique will be able to alter their physical appearance to match that of another person. By consistently emitting chakra throughout their body, the user is able to keep their appearance adjusted at the cost of their stamina draining over time. As this technique is quite strenuous to uphold, experienced shinobi may see more clearly through this delusive disguise. This technique lasts for a number of posts equal to that of the user's stamina.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

[Graded]Pandora Tomorrow

Post by Zasadel » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Kureiji was inclined to agree, though he reluctantly submitted. For good measure, Kureiji even scuffled up his fur and dirtied himself up. He had to look the part too after all. Kureiji whooped, which soon turned to a fake method of scrambling to try and "break free" of Sou, snarling a bit. It would seem all of the craziness of Hayasu's antics had paid off; Kureiji could certainly act a part.

The monkey kept his paws behind his back to look like he was bound, keeping a close eye on their surroundings. Despite that, even he couldn't see Hayasu in the distance. But it was definitely getting to a pivotal point for him and Sou. While he didn't quite know Sou, or trusted anyone but Hayate and Hayasu, he relied on him just as Hayasu had taught him in there many adventures. Sou was experienced enough to know when to bail or to spot a trap..but for now, only time would tell what lay in store for them.

Hayasu grinned his approval at Sou. It seemed he had come a long way indeed. He hopped from the treeline one a lone guard decided to take a quick relief in the secluded bushes. Unfortunately for him, it would be his last. With brutal efficiency, Hayasu leapt down and immediately put the man in a chokehold before breaking his neck with little struggle. He huffed and pulled him into the bushes. Hayasu could certainly do much better hiding it, but that wasn't the point. He wanted the guards to find the corpse, which would set the alarms and get patrols storming this area rather then the center. This would allow Hayasu and Sou better access to their targets; Sou for the Bandit Lord, The heart of the camp for Hayasu.

It was time to get the party started.

[[Thread end, Part 3 to come.]]

Return to “Lightning Empire”