[Graded][Plotboard] Black List

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:24 am

Days had turned into weeks had turned into months. Shortly after their return to the village after putting the splinter cell to rout, Sou had been called away from the mission and given his new role as the village's latest Jinchuuriki. It became necessary for him to vanish from the public eye until he had a handle on his new tenant; the village couldn't risk losing another Jinchuuriki so soon after losing Soku. And so, any thought of capturing the rogue ninja that had escaped the raid was quickly pushed to the back of Sou's mind until he had completely forgotten about it.

That was until he had gotten news that there was a new lead.

It had never sat well with Sou that he had left that mission incomplete. Having a fellow Kumo ninja that had gone rogue, especially one that helped the enemy during a war, escape his grasp was unacceptable. It had taken no small amount of promises and badgering but eventually he managed to get himself reassigned to the task force put together to take down the traitor. A lot had changed since the last time they met, and this time the bastard wouldn't have a small army to hide behind. Subconsciously his chakra flared up a little, the energy that had once been a bright blue now a dark red.

'I've never felt this kind of emotion from you before, my little human. What is that? Righteous anger? How interesting.'

'I should have been stronger before and ended him when he was in my sights the first time. A traitor to the village… he threatens the lives of everyone in Kumo. So yeah, I'm angry.'

'At this traitor of yours? Or at yourself for your failure?'

Sou snarled and shut down the connection he shared between himself and Konegu. It wouldn't last long, it never did, but it would be enough to get him out of his mind for a little while at least. It always annoyed him when Konegu was right. Sou was angry at himself for failing in his duty but now he had a chance to rectify that. He also had a promise to keep to an old friend. He wondered if Kureiji had killed Hayasu yet. Gods knew Sou most definitely would have after spending that much time with the boisterous behemoth.

Sou made his way through the village with a practiced ease towards the abandoned temple at the base of the western side of Kumo. While most Special Jounin had more freedom to come and go as they pleased Sou knew he was constantly under watch and made sure to carry his official mission scroll with him at all times. The last thing he needed was to get held up by any security and miss the meeting time. He was going to join this task force and end what he had started.
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:42 am

Hayasu, at this point in time, had not changed very much. He had certainly gotten word of the task force being developed, but he knew it also did no good to rush it. Kureiji clapped excitedly, the deep confines of Hayasu's mind erupting in children's laughter. Little monsters of multiple young ages sped around a playground and cheering at Kureiji, ever the little entertainer as he spun around in various poses. Dance routines followed, much more to the delight of the children while Hayasu carried a few around, tossing them and essentially juggling them into the air. The squeals of laughter were near deafening.

"HAYASU-SAMAAA!" they cheered, climbing on the giant like their own personal jungle gym. A few manages to get him off balanced, forcing him to hop around like a lunatic, flailing about to steady himself before flopping onto the ground and being dogpiled. The man roared with laughter as he did his best to hold off the vicious assault! Many parents nearby chuckled and grinned at the display. They weren't used to shinobi such as Hayasu. Despite his terrifying appearance and size, Hayasu spent just as much time entertaining children as he did fighting. Doing this kept him grounded and remembering what he fought so hard for.

It wasn't long however until he managed to check the time, noting he had to leave. "Sorry kiddos! I have to go for now! Super secret shinobi business!" Hayasu announced, pushing his finger over his lip in a "shh" posture. All the kids whined and complained, trying to get him and Kureiji to stay. Kureiji leaped from head to head until resting atop of Hayasu's, whom carefully stepped away and waved. As a final good bye, he formed some seals and blasted a bit of Raiton safely above them, a loud boom and sparks flying like a miniature firework. The children erupted in cheers!

Heading from the civilian playgrounds, Hayasu stretched a moment before sprinting into a whirlwind of movement. He darted from building to building, narrow alleys, and up sprawling cliffs like the true animal he was. His whoops and excited cheers could be heard by anyone here. Most would stop and turn to see the commotion, while older folk would shake their heads fully knowing who he was. Hayasu was no stranger to the village anymore. The wildman had earned his notoriety through blood sweat and tears. And despite his self imposed long periods of isolation, nobody ever really questioned him.

Not long after starting, Hayasu reached the gates, essentially "drifting" as he slid in front of the meeting zone. He continued to sprint into the designated meeting area, whooping and leaping until he crashed into a roll, leaping back to his feet and regaining his composure. No need to look unprofessional to command after all. He brushed himself off, Kureiji having held onto his head for dear life. With a few bashful steps, Hayasu moved on, opening the chamber doors to join the rest of his shinobi comrades in their mission briefings.
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:36 pm

The old abandoned temple that served as the only way in or out of Kumogakure had many old rooms and often served as a training ground. Some of the rooms however were protected via fuuinjutsu, used as a staging ground before heading out on a mission. Sou had stepped into the room, surrounded by the other people that had been tracking the rogue ninja, and made his way to a corner and folded his arms over his chest, making sure his jacket was positioned properly to hide the spikes that now jutted from his elbows always. The talking washed over him like waves, Sou taking everything in and wondering just what they had planned for taking down their quarry.

His ears pricked when the door slid open and he turned just enough to see Hayasu step inside, Kureiji as ever perched atop the giant's head. With a shake of his head, he greeted them before returning his attention to the briefing that had now begun in earnest as the final member of the team arrived and brought Hayasu along with him.

"Now that everyone has deigned to grace us with their presence," the leader of the team, an older man with a bald head but thick red beard, glared at Hayasu with those words, "we can discuss what we have found. The rogue Special Jounin's Juko and Nukegara found during a mission earlier this year has been successfully identified as Murakami Saizo, a distant relation to the rebellious lord who was sent to Kumogakure as a child. His motives for turning rogue when the civil war began are obvious." He shifted everyone's attention to a large map on the table in the centre of the room. "After the defeat of his first attempt to lead soldiers into Kumogakure province he went underground for several months. Three days ago, purely by luck, one of our Chuunin teams spotted him whilst on an entirely separate mission. He is currently located here, a mining facility in the Etchu Province. We believe he is funnelling the ore towards weapon manufacturing for another attempt at invading Kumogakure Province, which cannot be allowed to reach fruition. It is time to bring Saizo home. The use of lethal force is authorized but only as a last resort; despite his family ties, Saizo spent much of his life here. If he can be brought back to the village and shown the righteousness of our cause, that it is the rebellious Lords that caused more harm than good, perhaps he can be brought back into the fold."

Sou wondered about that. If he had been foolish enough to listen to a family he hadn't seen in years and cut his ties with the village in the first place, why would they even want him back? He should be thrown in prison along with every other traitor. 'He could be manipulated, used as a spy. You humans rarely suspect members of your own family of turning against you.' Konegu had a point, not that Sou was going to admit it out loud.

The bearded Jounin turned to face the group. "You will be separated into teams. Juko and Nukegara, as you two were the original team assigned to this mission you will be taking point. Special Jounins Kohga and Shirasagi are to serve as support if you require it, but are primarily going as intelligence retrieval. Neither of you are particularly skilled in the use of fuuinjutsu nor the handling and copying of sensitive information. Kohga and Shirasagi, remain as ghosts. Use the other two as meat shields if you have to." Sou snorted and shook his head. He had always thought he served as a shield for Kumogakure, especially now he served as a Jinchuuriki. He'd never heard someone else calling him one so bluntly before though. It was almost refreshing. "Any question?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Hayasu froze when he was called out, becoming unnaturally still before creeping into a position leaning against a pillar. He listened intently on the plan, making sure to absorb as much as he could despite his terrible boredom when it came to meetings. Kureiji managed to remain quiet as well, though he stirred a little atop his perch known as Hayasu's head. "So..he's finally been found. Guess it's about time then. And Sou...I've heard rumors and whispers, but even trying to eve's drop on Hayate hasn't proven particularly fruitful. he thought to himself, scratching his chin.

At the man's last comment, he sighed a little. He didn't like his fellow shinobi to ever be called "meatshields". Jinchuuriki or not, every life to Hayasu was valuable if it had good intentions. "With all respect, elder, if there's anyone here going to be a meatshield it's me. The support Kohga and Shirasagi will give us will be invaluable, as are their lives. We will bring Murakami to justice, this I can promise the council." Hayasu announced confidently, stepping from the shadows before saluting. While his movements showed respect, Hayasu did just openly call out the councilman's words.

The elder man flared his nostrils a bit, clearly not liking Hayasu's tone. "May I remind you, Hayasu, that we expect the utmost levels of respect. Simply stating it does not mean you're entitled to use such tones." The man said rather smugly, staring Hayasu down. Hayasu was not phased, but welcomed the challenge. "And if I may remind you, sir, that I often share a nice hot bowl of sake with Lord Hayate-sama. I'm sure he would be delighted to know you're referring to your men as disposable. But I mean, of course, that would only be if you insist on their positions as "meatshields." Hayasu retorted, the elder's head vein bulging as he glared red. With a a huff, the elder dismissed them. "Go with the blessings of Kumogakure. Your mission duration is one week before we expect a full report and status." The older man said, storming away as did the rest of the council.

Hayasu grinned and laughed a little. To intimidate Hayasu was a near godlike feat. The man simply had no visible fear. Turning his attention to the three other special jounin, he took a polite bow to Kohga and Sirasagi, whom thanked him for standing up to the council on their behalf. It wasn't that they lacked confidence, it was simply that there was nothing the Elder could do to punish Hayasu that Hayasu did not already do willingly. "Our time is short my friends, we'll depart this evening. I want you both to run full ops and analysis. I don't need anything super neat, but I want a battle plan and strategy by the time we make it there. Please go ahead of us at your earliest convenience. If you have any supplies, I will carry them there...and please be careful. I want this extraction run as clean as possible." Hayasu explained, the two Special Jounin bowing and vanishing in a blur, heading to carry out their tasks. Glancing over at Sou, he strolled over and bearhugged the man. "SOU IT FEELS LIKE ITS BEEN SO LONG MY FRIEND! LOOK AT YOU! Freshly ranked up and totally badass!" Hayasu boomed, laughing as he swung Sou like a poor ragdoll. Kureiji whooped excitedly, Hayasu releasing Sou. The monkey jumped onto Sou's shoulder and began to "groom" him by searching through his hair. While it may be a little weird for most, it was a sign of endearing and comfort. Two things Kureiji never did to anyone besides the absolute closest of allys.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Sou watched the argument between their leader and Hayasu with an ever-growing frown. Did he really have to make an issue of this? All shinobi were meat shields for the civilian populace, regardless of whether they were called such. Their entire job was to keep the rest of the population safe. He pulled up his hood and sunk further into the corner of the room as Hayasu pulled the Raikage card and he wondered if the old man would do anything about it. When he backed down Sou sighed. Honestly, he would never understand why people got so hung up on titles and labels. In the end, what did it really matter so long as the job got done?

When the meeting came to a close Sou made no motion to introduce himself to the other two, nor did he interrupt Hayasu's conversation with them. He did offer a nod towards the commander, who just grunted and waved him out of the room. Before he had a chance to brace himself Hayasu was being his usual self and trying to crush Sou with his tree-trunk like arms and Kureiji was sitting atop his head within seconds. Sou's fingers twitched, annoyance flooding him and he had to fight the urge to bring his aura into being and drive the two away from him. "Get. Off." The words were tense and spoken through a clenched jaw and teeth. He shoved himself away from Hayasu and glared upwards as best as he could. "That means you too, Kureiji."

Ever since he had been sealed he couldn't stand being touched. He had accidently snapped at his little sister shortly after he had been allowed to return home and since then tried to avoid physical contact as much as possible. It wasn't that it hurt or even that it physically affected him in any way. The fact was the more people that were close to him, the more people Konegu had to torture him with in his dreams. While the two had come to an understanding regarding the beast's power, the Okigenma was forever reminding him that Sou would never be able to keep his friends and family safe until he left the beast take control.

Once he had regained his composure, he dusted himself off and turned towards the exit. He had been prepared to leave immediately. Now there was a waiting period, for what he didn't know, but they were leaving in the evening instead of right now. And that meant dealing with Hayasu for hours. He didn't think he would have the patience for it. "Special Jounin… it doesn't really mean much, does it? A slightly higher pay grade doesn't do anything when you're primarily confined to the village." He took out a kunai and begin spinning it around his fingers absentmindedly. "So we need to capture Murakami alive. Think you're capable of that? Last I remember you had a knack for tearing people's limbs off and throwing around body parts as target practice."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Kureiji whined but obeyed, leaping off to Hayasu's shoulder, nestling comfortably and yawning before scratching his stomach. Hayasu chuckled. "Haven't changed much, even with your new "companion" eh Sou?" Hayasu started, stretching a bit as he readied himself. They would need to depart soon, and some stretches before heading out certainly couldn't hurt right? Listening to the rest of Sou's comments, he shrugged. "I don't always kill. Only to make a point or without a choice. You should know by now, unless you're still queasy around blood and death. Last I recall you could barely compose yourself." Hayasu fired back, a bit playfully, but he loved to push Sou's buttons. It was true though, Hayasu didn't like to kill unless neccessary in his own eyes. Even the wildman had his own codes and morals. He understood the general frustration and pressure of having a Genma, though he could never fathom the idea of someone else in his head. Most people couldn't deal with Hayasu externally, let alone how crazy his brain would be to the outside world.

"I promise though, it's all business today. I have other things I'd like to attend to, so the sooner we hunt this bastard down the sooner I can return to my trainings. I have many things planned in the months ahead, and I need a leave of absence to take care of them. So if it's okay with you, I want to get started right away." Hayasu finished, turning and heading for the door. While he didn't want to come off as harsh, he didn't want to hold off on their mission and his own goals any longer then neccessary. "Hope you can keep up this time!" He teased once more, grinning to himself before leaping out of the door, rocketing from pillar to pillar as he climbed toward the mountain range that lead towards the Etchu province.

Kureiji clung to his hair, whistling and howling in joy as the hunt had officially begun. The giant swung from cliff edge to tree, to branch, to air as he barreled toward the wilderness like it was in his very nature. By now he figured the other two had at least departed about the same time. He wasn't sure of their actual speeds, but with them running ops, it would take some time to gather the neccessary information and set up a plan. At the very least, they would arrive the same time, giving Hayasu a chance to scout and devise a battle plan with Sou.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:36 am

No. He was most definitely not queasy around blood and death anymore. For months, it was all he saw in his dreams. He had been forced to come to terms with it after covering his sheets with vomit for the fifth time in a week. "Let's just focus on the mission." He slid his kunai back into his thigh holster and walked passed Hayasu and started towards the stairs that led down and away from the temple, out into the mountain range of Kumogakure Province. Even travelling at full speed it would take perhaps a few hours to reach Etchu, another few hours on top of that to get to the mining facility. "You aren't the only one with other things requiring your attention, Hayasu. No side trips this time, no detours. We do the mission and get out." If Hayasu raced off on his own again Sou would handle the mission and come home without the self-proclaimed Monkey King if he had to.

'This one seems a little reckless, do you not think so? He could be a danger to us, my container. The last thing I wish is for you to die… at least, not while we're still within running distance of this village.' The dark chuckle that echoed through the back of his skull sent a slight chill down Sou's spine, but he looked over to Hayasu nonetheless. The older man did have a tendency to be more reckless and prone to heroics, which in Sou's eyes were just blatant displays of stupidity. 'Perhaps he should stay here, yes? Where he will be safe and you can take care of things without him getting in your way.'

'… I made a promise. We would take down Saizo together. I can't break that.'

'Of course you can, if it's for the best for everyone involved.'

The blond shook his head and sunk deeper into his jacket, as if it would somehow obscure him from the Genma. 'Be quiet. We're doing this with the others, I don't care what excuses you come up with.'

Sou felt the mental equivalent of a shrug and a sigh. 'I am simply attempting to look out for us and our best interests. What if he dies on this mission because you were too distracted by his stupidity to protect him?'

"Shut up." He didn't realize he had spoken out loud, but he felt Konegu sink back into the dark recesses of his mind to let Sou stew over their short conversation. They never had a true heart to heart unless Sou was feeling especially desperate and delved into his mindscape. Most of the time Konegu was just a voice in his head, like the devil on his shoulder. The only problem was that he had no angel to balance everything out.

Keeping up with Hayasu was surprisingly easy. The man had the lead, his superior leg strength letting him accelerate faster, but Sou was small and fast in comparison. He would never beat the man in a race, but he could keep up with little difficulty. The wind whipped through his air, the cold air of the mountains stinging his eyes and nostrils in a way he had almost forgotten being cooped up in the village for so long. A small smile stretched across his lips as he closed his eyes and relished in the sense of freedom for just this moment. He knew it was a false feeling, knew that he was being followed by Banri's men, but as the saying went 'Out of Sight, Out of Mind.'

"Have you ever been to Etchu?" Sou knew it was to the north of Kumo, resting in the midlands of Lightning Country, but through the war and his mission as a Genin he had never actually been there.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Hayasu wasn't a hundred percent sure what Sou was discussing or saying, but he had the feeling it was not to just himself. Still, Hayasu didn't approach it. It was solely Sou's business, not Hayasu's or anyone else's for that matter. He smirked a bit. The Genma was not an easy burden to bare, but if anyone could, Hayasu had faith it was Sou. Each branch seemed to rocket Hayasu more and more forward, accelerating at a brisk pace. Sou had definitely improved his speed and gain, allowing him to keep up with Hayasu relatively easy. It was definitely nice having someone that could not only keep up, but of equal skill as well.

Calling back to Sou, Hayasu shook his head ; "Not recently. I believe I went up there on a mission a few years back, but the north is fairly quiet and well guarded due to the coast line . Nobody wants a sneak attack from the sea. Plus, with all of the mining that goes on, it's crucial to the country's infrastructure." he explained, still moving forward. It would definitely be a couple of hours, though he hoped the other two members of the strike team had a quicker method of travel. Kureiji clung to Hayasu's head as best as he could, before Hayasu let out a chuckle. "Get out of here already, we know it's driving you nuts going on our speed. Scout ahead, if you see anything interesting let us know." Hayasu told Kureiji, whom screeched happily and leaped off of Hayasu mid flight, near vanishing as he nearly doubled the pace Hayasu and Sou were traveling. The little shithead was one of the fastest things Hayasu had ever seen, save for the Lord Raikage.

He sprinted along a cliff, chakra spilling from the bottom of his feet before leaping back into the trees. While it appeared to be a serious trip, there wasn't anything wrong with having fun in the mean time right? Hayasu cheered as he soared through the air, crashing through branches and trees while his goliath figure hurried along towards their destination. One thing Hayasu did note was there was a feeling that they weren't alone. It didn't surprise him being with a Jinch, but he had the feeling that it wasn't just Sou or the Genma watching him. He did know if it was an enemy however they would of likely been attacked now that they were just outside of Kumo's normal borders. Hayasu didn't drop his guard ever, but there was ever more a reason to keep it strong right now. Time would tell.

The crunch of his boots slammed to the ground, right in front of a small stream. He quickly filled his water flask, guzzling it down thirstily before leaping over the stream to continue on. "Hey Sou, what do you say we quicken the pace? I think if we really push it we can make it there in half the time!" Hayasu called out, swinging from a large branch into a cannonball form, extending his lips while he continued to expertly swing.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:57 pm

"At least you've got some idea of what to expect." Sou muttered when they landed by the river. While Hayasu drank the blond spritzed his face and closed his eyes, taking in the sounds of the mountain. He could hear Kureiji off in the distance, or at least a monkey of some description, the buzzing of insects filled his ears and the crunch of foliage underfoot as something came towards the river to drink as well. He couldn't shake the feeling that the peace was false, like something was waiting to break it in an instant. Tucking his hands into his pockets, he opened his eyes and scanned the tree line but found nothing out of place. Perhaps he was just being paranoid, being out of the village for the first time in months. Pushing the feeling aside, he turned to Hayasu as the man stood tall and rocketed into the trees, swinging like a monkey from branch to branch.

Sou leapt up and hopped from tree to tree as normal. "If it's all the same to you, I think I'll move like a normal human." One, he didn't want to look like an idiot. Two, and more importantly, he didn't want his hands to be otherwise occupied. His fingers were constantly twitching closer to his utility belt as they ran. He suddenly remembered where he had last felt so tense and took a slow breath as he opened the clip that held his kunai safely in their holster. "You remember the last time we were on a mission together? That trip down the mountain to some tiny village in the middle of nowhere?" They had felt like they were being followed back then too. It had wound up being a mountain lion that was most definitely a ninja animal. If there was another one around, then they were definitely on the right track.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Hayasu nodded in agreement with Sou, catching the hint. It appeared it wasn't just Hayasu whom felt like they were being watched, and if it was enough for Sou to be concerned, Hayasu was definitely not going to drop his guard. Silently, he motioned to Sou as they leaped from tree to tree. "I remember when "we" traveled all the way there and refused to "split" up. While they had no previously discussed lingo, Hayasu did his best to coordinate a plan of action. They had to draw out whatever was following them, and it definitely made the most sense to lay a reverse trap. The idea Hayasu had was to split from each other and isolate. Any rightful attacker would not miss the chance to spring on one. It was a risky maneuver, but Hayasu felt it was necessary. By this point in their travel, they were on the border to Etsu, and there was plenty of space for a fight.

No matter what came after them, Hayasu knew his core mission and the fact of one thing; his life was expendable compared to a Jinch's. If it came down to it, he would give his up for Sou' to escape. With this in mind, Hayasu immediately disappeared from site, keeping an eye on Sou. A Jinch alone was prime if they were after Sou. If they were after either one, Hayasu knew he could be attacked as well. The next few minutes were going to be crucial.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Hmph. It seemed the brats had finally come for him, however, he refused to be the prey. Murakami Saizo had come to far and with the intel he had received... he was now standing on the precipice of victory... victory for the civil war... for this fight would turn the course of the war around in favour of the Kuskabe and Murakami forces. Putting down his binoculars he breathed inward slightly. Of the two men who were after him, the noticeably bigger and more potent one seemed to have split off from the target. But alas, they were just mere shinobi, and far from the brightest. He would roast them in due time.

Placing his hands in his pockets he grinned.

Now.

Directly in front of Sou an explosion would go off, powerful enough to be harmful, if his reflexes couldn't protect him. Likewise the same would happen for the bigger one.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:01 am

.. No. No, no, no. Bad Hayasu! That was not what he had meant when he brought up the feeling of being watched. Seriously, what was it with this guy and splitting up? Just once could they stay together and deal with the situation as a team? But if they were being followed he couldn't voice his concerns without some arbitrary code and by the time he had thought something up Hayasu was already gone. Biting his tongue to keep from screaming out after the bloody moron, Sou shook his head in annoyance and kept moving forward.

'I told you, didn't I? Bringing him would be a liability. You should have left him in the village, forced him to remain behind if you had to. We could have done it together.'

Sou was so worked up over Hayasu running off once again that he didn't even bother to argue with Konegu. In fact, he was almost in agreement with the beast. With a shake of his head, he focused on the path ahead of him in time to see the beginnings of an explosion start, that kind of glow unmistakable. There was no time to think, only react. He brought forth a Bound platform in front of him, sealing faster than he ever had in his life, and threw himself at it at full speed, getting launched back in the direction he had been coming from. He could only hope the energy would rocket him out of range of the blast radius before it could turn him to cinders.
TechniquesShow
[Bound]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Sou channels chakra toward a position within 20 meters of him. His chakra then forms a square 50cm2 platform. Once Sou touches the platform, it pushes him off at +3 his normal speed in a single direction for 10m. As he moves through the air, he suffers a -3 to Taijutsu because of the external influence of force. This platform only works on Sou and things containing his chakra, while it lasts for 4 posts.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:49 am

Tch! As if Hayasu would ever truly be that dumb. It appeared his plan had worked. When fleeing out of site, he didn't actual go far from Sou's side. The moment he broke eyesight, he formed neccessary seals and deployed a Black Raiton clone in the opposite direction, to give the illusion he had left. The clone wasn't anything special, but it did it's job. The moment the explosion detonated, the clone dispersed into a cloud of Black Raiton. Hayasu leaped from his hidden perch to check on Sou immediately.

"Sou! Are you alright? It would appear we've ran into some form of trap, if that wasn't obvious." Hayasu replied, the dust settling as he checked around. The explosions could only mean one of a few things. Either they were now in a minefield, or somehow their prey had managed a way to route them exactly where he wanted. Either one did not bode well. Hayasu readied himself, steadying his guard and isolating his breathing to listen to his surroundings. While he didn't know where their attacker was, he couldn't be far, and he imagined that it had to be some kind of major vantage point. The problem lied in the fact they were in a mountain range with a dozen or so just at first glance.

Techniques UsedShow

Black Raiton • Spectre Clone
C-Rank Black Raiton Ninjutsu
An enhanced version of the standard Black Raiton Clone, After Hayasu does the needed hand seals, a clone, lacking substance and the ability to interact with its environment, will form. These clones are destroyed after coming into contact with any energized object. As these clones have no free will, they are unable to do more than mimic the user's movements. However, unlike normal clones, these are filled with Black Raiton chakra. The clone has the following stats and lasts for 5 posts:

Taijutsu: 5
Stamina: 7
Strength: 5
Speed: 10

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:34 am

The explosions went off, but they had never been meant to kill. No, not at all. The explosions had played exactly the role he had wanted them to play. He grinned, his associate seemingly already quick at work. You see, they seemed to make a huge mistake in thinking that there was anyone else involved in this. Rappelling down from his perch to the ground he pulled a cigarette free, a flame extending off his finger tip and lighting it up, smoke billowing out from it. It was over.

The two men, both having heard the explosion, would be finding themselves any moment now trapped in a particularly potent illusion. Moments later a man rappelled down, too.

"Nice work." he said, to which Murakami replied. "You're welcome." The genjutsu would do a good job at incapacitating at least one of the men. Hopefully. Maybe.
USEDShow
[Genjutsu • Journey into Black Darkness]
A-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
This is a genjutsu technique that is activated after the user makes an explosion- the trigger being the opponent hearing it. Once caught, the ninja's opponent becomes enveloped in total darkness. While in the black void, the ninja will be unable to see any incoming attack or threat. This lasts for 5 posts.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Skidding to a halt atop a tree branch, Sou whipped his head around wildly as he looked for the source of the explosion. He could still feel the heat from the explosion, the adrenaline flooding his veins at the fact that that was far too close for comfort. He felt a presence land beside him and drew his kunai, moving to defend himself before Hayasu spoke up. "You!" Sou snarled and moved back to watching their surroundings.

'You could have been killed, my foolish host. Why did you not draw on my power? The shroud could have withstood such a pathetic attack.'

'And give away all my secrets to an opponent I can't even find? No thank you. Shut up, I need to concentrate.'

There would be no chance to concentrate however as a chill ran down his spine and the world began to turn black. Tensing, Sou tried to open his eyes but found them already open. Something had removed his sight. Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, something related to the explosion at the very least. He could raise the shroud now, protect himself from any attacks that he couldn't see coming. But using that kind of power right now? That'd completely negate the idea of keeping his abilities hidden.

'And if you don't use my power, what do you think will happen? You can't see. Your sense of smell and hearing isn't good enough to defend yourself blind. And what happens if you try to defend yourself and only get your friend killed? What will happen to your fragile mind then? Use the shroud. My Aura is undefeatable.'

Gritting his teeth, Sou shook his head and ran his fingers through a set of hand seals, clapping his hands together and flooding the air around him with wind chakra. It wasn't a perfect defence but it was better than risking the use of Konegu. "Hayasu, if you can hear me, don't move too close to me."
TechniquesShow
[Wind Release • Repelling Winds]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Sou will gather chakra in his hands and then clap them together, releasing the built up wind release chakra into the atmosphere around him at a Speed of 10. This chakra constantly swirls in a 5m radius around him for the next 3 posts. These winds push outwards against any particulates and cut anything caught in it's range with a Strength of 10.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Hayasu could just barely make out Sou's words, nodding. He knew Sou was angry, but it was far better then being caught off guard. Without warning, sudden blackness overcame him. Hayasu wanted to panic at first but steadied his mind. It was Genjutsu, and potent, aka not good for him. He never had really learned to fend it off properly, and he knew he lacked the direct skill to disperse it. This was not a good sign.

He steadied himself and oddly sat, crossing his legs and closing his eyes. If he had to go without his site, so be it, he would have to adapt. With a deep breath he focused his other senses, completely disregarding his eyesight. He took solace in the fact reinforcements were out there, and by now would of came back to check on them. He wasn't sure where they were, or how soon, but he knew if this fight lasted long enough they would immediately gain the upper hand. He started to consider his options. 'I can't make too much noise or I won't be able to focus, and Sou is going to be our only hope out of this Genjutsu unless they could locate the user.'

Hayasu however was not fearful of an attack. His taijutsu and abilities would allow him to fight just fine blind, but it was still a huge disadvantage. Quickly, he formed seals.'If I can't hit him yet, maybe I can set something up for Sou.' Raiton chakra blanketed the area, allowing for greater effect of Raiton. However, due to it's Wind weakness, he figured he could do something to help Sou's defenses. Hayasu could take a punch after all. Additionally, this could help him hear distortions, or at least that was a goal. The next move would have to be their attackers.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:50 am

"So, how do we go about this?" the slithe genjutsu user said, his hand running through his slimy black hair and pulling it back and out of his eyes. Murakami took another drag on his cigarette, then made a hand motion for the filthy amatuer to shut up. He was a strong genjutsu user, but the guy ran his mouth... You just never got a perfect mercenary, did you? Immediately after, he motioned his hand to flank. The two men began to circle their opponents. Each one drew a kunai, then, chucked it at the two boys.

Whizzzz

The power and speed was good enough to make the kunai whistle as they flew through the air. The two immediately jumped and moved 30 notches counter-clockwise, throwing another pair.

Whizzzzz

They seemed hesitant to get close, despite their advantage.
NotesShow
Assume Sp-jounin ish strength, nothing you couldn't physically block assuming you can shield yourself.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Stuck in darkness with nothing to guide him but the feeling of the branch beneath his feet was something Sou never wanted to experience in his life and after this was over something he never wanted to experience again. He realized that this had to be Genjutsu. He hadn't been touched by anything for it to be Ninjutsu or Poison. But even with that realization he knew he couldn't break it. His Genjutsu skills were trash. His head whipped around at every slight sound, every rustle of the leaves, as the paranoia began to set in. His fingers twitched and he wanted nothing more than to draw up enough chakra to blast away whatever was in front of him but there was every possibility that he would hit Hayasu. And that wouldn't end well for anyone involved.

The whistling of a kunai or shuriken or something reached his ears and he didn't think. He just reacted. Throwing himself from the branch, Sou felt nothing beneath his feet and realized he hadn't managed to reach another branch like he had been hoping. The swirling winds around him carved a path through any smaller branches that would have hurt his fall but when he landed hard against the ground he bent his knees to absorb the impact and keep from collapsing face first. He fell on his ass instead. Scrambling to his feet he tried to focus entirely on his hearing. Whoever was throwing the weapons was doing it with enough force to make them audible and that was something he could not afford to get hit by.

'Why do you still refuse to use our power! This is what we were meant for! Do not let us be killed because of your pathetic pride!'

'What do you care if I die? Your chakra will eventually reform.'

'And get captured again and put through the process of convincing another of you humans to let me free? No, I've put far too much work into you to let you go now. Either use my power willingly or I will force you to. It's for your own good.'

Snarling, Sou clapped his hands together and reached down into the well of power that was Konegu. 'Fine!' He didn't dive straight into Form 2 as he was usually want to do. He drew up enough chakra that the red energy shrouded around him in a full but formless aura and the spikes on his arms grew out, some appearing along his back and through his shirt and jacket. He could feel his eyes hurting as the blood began to pool in his tear ducts but he didn't begin crying just yet. More chakra was drawn forth and the formless aura began to take shape, first in the form of a chest and head, then arms appeared, and finally legs that made Sou float ever so slightly off the ground as he was suspended by the chakra. The glowing red form of Konegu appeared on the battlefield and Sou could feel the thrum of excitement flow through him from the technique's namesake.

'At least you listened to reason eventually.'
TechniquesShow
Form 1
+3 Taijutsu, +2 Control

[Succumbing to the Phantom]
B-Rank Aura Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Form One or higher active.
Sou channels the power of the Okigenma, expanding his blood red Aura which grows in size until it forms a 2m tall copy of Konegu's upper body anchored to Sou. This shroud is capable of taking hits up to 20 strength before it starts to break and functions autonomously of Sou for basic movements, striking with a strength and speed determined by Sou's (Mastery+Control)/2.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Hayasu's thoughts had been racing, ears listening to every slight audible that happened. Due to his chakra spread, the hissing of the kunai toward them was perfect for standing out. 'There!' Hayasu thought, before lowering his head,as the first kunai raced past and lodged into a tree. The second one wasn't far behind, and gave Hayasu what he needed to figure out their general movement. Their steps echoed in Hayasu's mind, giving him a rough approximation that they were moving counter-clockwise of their position. Another interesting piece however was a chirp of a monkey, just faint enough to sound natural. Oh the clever little bastard~. Hayasu grinned before leaping to his feet. "It's go time. NOW KUREIJI! GIVE ME AT LEAST ONE SOLID HIT!" Hayasu roared, charging forward to the one closest to him. "SOU, THIRTY DEGREES COUNTER CLOCKWISE!" He called out, becoming a blur of speed as he continued his charge, charging up Black Raiton into his arms.

One thing the enemy shinobi had neglected was Hayasu's other partner; a five pound whirlwind of steel by the name of Kureiji. The monkey snarled as he sped faster then most humans could perceive, unaffected by the previous Genjutsu. Unbenknownst to their opponent or even Hayasu, Kureiji had arrived and setting up a perfect little killzone. Sending him to scout ahead definitely had paid off this time. The monkey soon turned into three, then six, then twelve, until finally an army of monkeys seemingly surrounded their target, blasting forward with three swords as an onslaught. With Hayasu's positioning, if the man ran forward, he would have to deal with Hayasu, and from the other 160 degrees behind him, he was stuck having to guess which monkey was going to be real.

Techniques usedShow

Kureiji
iyakutisu - Stalker Amongst the Trees
A - Ranked - Kenjutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 35 Taijutsu
Kureiji is almost completely silent when he chooses to be. His size prevents him for making much noise, and this allows him to bound from obstacles or a battlefield in complete silence, making him a perfect assassin. Users without techniques to hear his tiny, now trained, footsteps or that don't have within 5 points of his instinct cannot hear Kureiji moving.

Hiyakutisu - Tarsier Typhoon
S - Ranked - Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 35 Taijutsu, 40 Speed
Kureiji leaps and runs about at an alarming rate, making a killzone around a target. Due to his blinding speed, Kureiji seems to multiply into several dozen before each one slashes at the same time, and the speed cuts into the very wind itself, causing it to shear and blast wind from multiple locations at the target. In addition to the sheer speed, it's near impossible to tell which is the real fatal blow, and often or not it's impossible to tell afterwards as the use is cut with severe wounds in several places.

Hayasu

Black Raiton • Ghost Lariat
B – Rank Black Raiton Nintaijutsu Manuever
Requires above Average Speed
Hayasu charges up Black Raiton throughout his arms after priming hand signs, rushing forward as fast as possible. The Black Raiton chakra is infused into his arms, and Hayasu attempts to essentially clothesline them. Assuming it hits, the opponent is hit with a B-Ranked explosive.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:20 pm

The two shinobi were continuing their onslaught of kunai, when, unexpectedly, a monk sprang forward at speeds so fast, it was like he had come out of nowhere. Honestly surprised, the two ninja dropped their assault and doubled back. The Gen user was able to make it clean back, and began working on a set of hand seals, screaming at the top of his lungs "not the monkey!" as he released another potent genjutsu- They needed to do something about the monkey. On the other hand, the Murakami's eyes flashed a terrified look as Hayasu and the monkey charged him. Suddenly, the terrified look turned to a smile- a toothy, big smile. His teeth closed shut and his mouth began to foam, as his whole body began to puff up and contort, his skin even changing color, as his arm swung extremely rapidly.

Suddenly tons of holes poked out of his body as lightning shot out, and his outstretched arm became blue with odd runes down it. The arm moved through the after images with precision and smacked the monkey in the face, sending him flying, while in the same movement hitting the lariat arm, the lightnings defeating each other. Then, then came an interesting voice- it sounded almost like that of a spirits intertwined with man, with an odd reverb.

"His powers really worked- oooh what a wonderful day it is!" he screamed wildly, electricity arcing off him as he did so.

There was no way Murakami should have been this powerful.

USEDShow
[Genjutsu • Heaven Earth Swap]
B-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
After forming the needed hand seals and the user will scream something, then the user will initiate this genjutsu. For the following four posts, the target’s vision will seem to be flipped, so that up is down and down is up.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Sou's head snapped around at the sound of Hayasu's screamed orders. Years of training had his body automatically moving into the position he had ordered and Sou had no choice but to trust Hayasu knew what he was doing. The hands of the aura reached into Sou's pocket, withdrawing all six kunai, while Sou himself made a set of hand seals, drawing chakra into his lungs. The kunai were flung forward, three from each hand, in the direction Hayasu had given him but the trajectory of each was altered ever so slightly so it made almost a circle around the intended target. Hopefully it would prefect whoever or whatever it was he was aiming at from escaping the next technique.

His chakra finished moulding and he pushed the chakra up his throat in order to exhale a long stream of wind that would tear the area apart. If he couldn't aim well, he'd just have to hit everything in the area.. He really hoped he didn't hit Hayasu or Kureiji. He actually kind of liked Kureiji.
UsedShow
6x Kunai at 28 Strength

[Wind Release • Chaotic Wind Roar]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Sou will breathe out a large blast of wind at 20 speed and strength. The wind forms a cone from his mouth, extending up to 40m in length and going from a 5m diameter at the base to 25m diameter at the furthest point, pushing away and cutting anything too weak to resist and applying fuuton's passive.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Kureiji was dazed, but alive, shaking his tiny head as he snarled. He glanced over with wide eyes and whooped, leaping up and bolting toward's Hayasu on the far side, albeit wobbly. The Genjutsu user had the right idea to target Kureiji, however the Genjutsu wasn't particularly effective against something that bounced, swivvled, and swung around his entire life. A monkey was just fine upside down, and it didn't take long before Kureiji got the point and leaped to a handstand to walk, blades still wielded with his bottom paws. He whooped successfully and sprinted forward, slowed, but definitely a combatant. He managed to steer clear of Sou's jutsu before leaping up to Hayasu, whom was knocked skidding back from the opposing force. The monkey whooped and blinked, before sheathing his blades and focusing a new idea; to guide Hayasu. He screeched and grasped two big handfuls of hair on each side.

Hayasu caught on, their partnership always having been unorthodox. Essentially, Kureiji was now using Hayasu as a mount, and could be his eyes...while upside down. The entire scene to anyone else probably looked absolutely ridiculous with a Monkey hand-standing and gripping Hayasu's head, with Hayasu's eyes closed and focused. Ridiculous really. "Alright buddy! I'm trusting you! You pull in directions and I'll do my best to make it happen. Don't fall off or we're fucked! " Hayasu said, trying to figure a plan. The Genjutsu user had to go first, that was without a doubt, but until Hayasu could regain his site, it was going to be slim pickings. With a confident nod, the two sprinted, Kureiji doing his best to keep steady and act as eyes, while Hayasu flexed and relaxed his body. Whatever had him him before had multiple points, so taking a standard stance was not going to do them any good. He loosened his stance as best as he could, wobbling around before gaining momentum. Hayasu launched a barrage of elbow strikes, punches, knees, and spins to try and "feel" out what he was up against. The sensation of Raiton blasting with each hit was starting to numb and sting his hands far more then he should. ' What jutsu is this?! ' Hayasu thought, reacting to each tug as fast as he could while aiming his strikes.

Techniques UsedShow

Hayasu
Drunken Monkey: Dance of the Gibbon
B -Rank - Taijutsu Stance
Requires 25 Taijutsu
The user fights in a very loose stance, mistakable for a monkey, or a drunk, or both. By keeping their body loose, they can react to incoming damage by moving with the incoming force as well as tense their muscles, minimizing damage. This works to lessen damage considerably if the users tai is higher than the opponents speed, allowing them to react as each strike comes in. This does not work with sharp or bladed objects (+5 Taijutsu, +5 Speed / -5 Ninjutsu , -5 Control during the duration, up to seven posts)

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:51 am

Shit he's sealing.

The Genjutsu user's eyes almost bulged out of his head as a strange transformation seemed to be taking place for the other boy. The power released by the transformation was so powerful- that the Genjutsu user... who had minor sensory capabilities could feel it without trying. It made the hair stand on his back. His hands finished with their seals, they pulled apart, a barrier forming around the boy and stopping his wind blast, though being destroyed by it in the process, thus nullifying it.

Could he be?

He started to make another, like ranked barrier.
"OHHH, NOOO YOU DON'T BROTHER!" the infused and hulked out Murakami shouted. His body was ringing with great sensation. His was getting bigger by the second it seemed, his muscle seeming unreal. Dashing forward in a blur he would leap into the air, then come down in a flying bodyslam type move, lightning arcing off his body. He would be heading right for Hayasu.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Kureiji squealed and whooped, tugging Hayasu back from the sudden blur of movement. Hayasu instinctively darted backwards, feeling the vibration and the boom of the man's fist, not a second prior to where he was before. He shook his hands hard to try and regain feeling, growling a bit. "This isn't good, I can't seem to injure him, and without site, I can't do much. All those push ups and I can't even fend someone off." Hayasu muttered, shaking his head but readying himself. He let out a deep, controlled breath, ears listening for the crackling of the Raiton chakra. Whatever this freak had done, Hayasu had to figure out how to fight back. He knew the Genjutsu couldn't blind him forever, but he was still going to have to make do. Within a moment, Hayasu's inner lightbulb went off. He had an idea. His opponent clearly seemed like he was full of rage...and with that a wide grin spread across his face.

Hayasu immediately sat down and flopped back, picking his nose and flicking it toward the guy whilst yawning lazily. The idea was to keep him away from Sou and on Hayasu. If he could keep him busy enough, Sou should be able to break free of the Genjutsu and tear the Genjutsu user a brand new ass. It wasn't like Hayasu could do much else at the moment. "Hey Sou, what was that guy's family name? Murakami? Weren't they some shitty family that everyone laughed at? I remember something about them loving cow shit and being cheap asses...and didn't their matriarch work at the brothel for free on Tuesdays?" Hayasu shouted with the intent of taunting, smirking crudely. True or not, nobody would ever sit idlely in combat over such an insult, especially not someone overcome with power. He was going to have to rely on Kureiji and his instinct before his brute strength could be of use.

Technique usedShow

Drunken Monkey: Lazy Ape
D -Rank - Taijutsu Stance
The user simply flops to the ground and pretends to either be asleep, or outright ignoring an opponent in an attempt to anger or cause them to preemptively attack without considering the consequence of it being a trap or designed to anger them. However, laying on the ground puts them in a much more vulnerable position, and can backfire if the user underestimates their opponent.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:19 am

Sou felt the backlash of his technique and immediately knew it had failed. There was no way the Genjutsu user was close enough for that technique to have connected and have Sou still feel the winds off of it. He clicked his tongue in annoyance and felt a pulse of chakra surge through him as Konegu's frustration mounted atop his own. 'Use the shroud. I can control it, yes, but it is still you that must manifest it. Every inch of that shroud is tied to you in such an intimiate way that you should be able to feel what it feels. Do not rely on yours eyes, trust our power and end this human stain.' Sou let out a mental huff at being ordered around by the Genma but listened to the beast's advice all the same, focusing on the chakra and how it was connected to the tenketsu of his body, how he could feel each time it moved. And when it stopped.

His head snapped up as he felt the aura run into physical opposition. It was too powerful to be a tree, he could feel the energy humming through it and could almost taste Konegu's salivation at the idea of whatever stopping them being a Ninjutsu technique. 'We could take control of this. Open the door further, Sou. Everything I am is chakra, I rule over this energy as no other being can claim. No human created source of my power can ever hope to contain me.' 'Tell that to the seal that's currently holding you within me.'

Sou felt Konegu's rage wash over him at the barb but it quickly vanished as he closed his eyes and allowed himself to step into his mindscape. The usual black abyss he found himself in was gone, replaced by the office that Konegu had first created during the initial sealing. There was no Konegu, but he could feel the beast's presence watching him, waiting for him. "Strange. Normally I prefer to see you chained up. I wonder why we're back here now."

Sou clicked his tongue in annoyance but put any thoughts other than accessing the Genma's power out of his mind, walking towards the door that wasn't there the last time he had been here. Reaching out, he opened it and found the bright red pool of chakra that he often felt himself sinking into whenever he drew on the beast's power. He had never seen it before, not in this form at least. The mindscape was a strange place that Sou didn't particularly enjoy visiting, even if it was an image his own head had conjured up. Stepping down into the energy, it flowed around him like an embrace, enticing him further into the depths until he was up to his chin. Finally, he took the plunge and put his head under, the energy flowing into his mouth like water.

Back in the real world Sou had steadily been ascending through the forms. His chakra flared once as he went immediately into his ascending form and then a pained, echoed scream like two voices crying out as one escaped his mouth. His skin was growing, producing a solid white visor that covered his eyes, as the rest of his skin lost all of its colour with the exception of the numerous blood red spikes that were sprouting from his back, his elbows, his face. A pulse echoed throughout the mountains. Followed by another. And another. A glowing red orb of pure chakra coalesced on Sou's chest, pulsating, echoing with the beating of his heart.

"Interesting." The voice wasn't entirely Sou's. Not anymore. There was something underneath it, another voice speaking the same words at the same time. "I wonder what will happen if I do this." He reached out with a long tendril of his aura, forming into a finger, which tapped the barrier encasing him.
TechniquesShow
Ascended Form 2 into Form 3
+9 Taijutsu, +9 Stamina, +5 Control, +5 Strength

Begun using
[Corrupting Caress III]
B-Rank Aura Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Form Three or higher active.
Sou channels chakra into his aura, manipulating its nature before letting it reach out to inject chakra into an opponent's Ninjutsu. If the affected technique is B-Rank or below and Sou's control is higher than the caster of the Ninjutsu, Sou can take control of the technique.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:09 am

At Sou's touch, the barrier began to rapidly cycle it's color from that of blue, to almost purple... seemingly fluctuating for a moment, it finally rocketed to a blood red hue, stabilizing. There was a faint humming to it, almost like a malicious laughter. The genjutsu wielding ninja's eyes went wide open in fear at this. He wasn't sure what had just happen or been done, but he certainly did not feel happy, nor did he feel like it was a good sign. Stumbling back he began to form quickly- he would do an A-Rank jutsu and explode the barrier! He continued but nothing happened... panicked, he tried again.
Anger went right through the Murakami boy as Hayasu heckled him and his family. Pure un-adultered anger... And as he did, more electricity sparked off his body and it became even more swole. In fact, one long arc of electricity flew from his arm and onto the space above his lip, almost forming a mustache shaped perpetual bit of lightning. There was also a feint smell of burning flesh...

"What did you say punk?" he screamed, heading for Hayasu and the monkey. "Why don't you slip into a slim jim brother!" he screamed as he went flying full force, electricity arcing off him as he attempted to body slam Hayasu and the monkey.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Hayasu grinned. For all of the dumb assery he pulled on a consistant basis, one of his most basic techniques proved to be effective. With the cackling of lightning and the heavy footsteps, it allowed Hayasu to hear him step by step, improving his ability to react. His eyes still remained shut, however, he could feel his sight returning. It appeared everything was lining up beautifully. The only thing that gave Hayasu pause? His opponent's insult. Hayasu bellowed with laughter. "Of all the worst, awful, TERRIBLE insults I've ever heard, your's is by far the worst!" He called out, grinning and readying himself. It was time to get the party started. Tensing his muscles and hitting an absolute zen within his body, Hayasu readied himself for the charging brute. He charged full strength forward, storming toward him head on in pure Hayasu style, eyes opening as his sight regained and he smirked, black Raiton erupting around him. While he was well aware of how much weaker the chakra was to other energy chakras, it still would help prevent him from being obliterated by shock. With a mighty roar, he slammed into his opponent, the chakra pools erupting across each other. Hayasu pushed against his foe with all of his might, a violent display of pure strength and determination. Althought unable to remove his eyes from his foe, Hayasu heard Sou's voice change and a deep chill went down his spine. He never got used to Jinch transformations, and Sou's sounded especially cold. They needed all the firepower they could right now, and at best, Hayasu could only hold back the Murakami while Sou dispatched the Genjutsu user.

Techniques UsedShow

Drunken Monkey: Strength of the Gorilla
B -Rank - Taijutsu Stance
Requires 25 Strength
The user tenses their muscles and keeps more control of their movements, allowing for more precise striking and adding better control of their strength into each blow, but they lose the unpredictability of the style. The user has complete control over their own body’s strength and can adjust it accordingly for adding power into their strikes. This is an improvement against Strength of the Chimp, as the user has gained almost complete mastery of their movements, wasting almost no effort at every strike. (+7 Strength, +3 Tai / -5 Ninjutsu, -5 Control for the duration, up to 7 posts.)

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Sou's head slowly cocked to the side, his vision still gone but he could feel the hum of chakra surrounding him now like it were his own. A slow smile spread across his face as he felt an external chakra try to act on it and yet nothing happened. "This chakra belongs to me now. By right, all of your chakra belongs to me." Sou wasn't sure if it was him or Konegu speaking; it honestly felt like both. For all he was afraid of dipping too far into the Genma's power, this sensation was… almost calming in a way. Raising his hand, he snapped his fingers and released his hold on the chakra, the barrier shattering into a million pieces of red energy before simply fading away. "My friend is in danger and you are preventing me from helping him." Finally Sou's vision began to return and he looked straight over the way to his nuisance of an opponent. "I'm going to kill you now."

He surged his chakra into the aura that surrounded him, causing knives, swords, scythes, axes and spears to form up from its back. Ten in total, all ready and waiting to be used. Two of the large arms reached up and took two spears, one in each hand, before throwing them straight at the Genjutsu user. Two more, axes this time, came barrelling forward, spinning through the air like oversized shuriken. Once the four were thrown Sou started running forward, his hands running through a set of seals until a red barrier of chakra appeared just ahead of him. Launching himself through it, he aimed at his mark and was suddenly flying through the air, the arms grabbing two of the swords while Sou began to spin, kunai in hand, his aura spinning in the opposite direction, becoming a bright red tornado of death.
TechniquesShow
Current Aura Strength/Speed: 29

[Arsenal of the Damned]
B-Rank Aura Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Form Two or higher active.
After channelling the necessary chakra into his aura, Sou can manipulate the shroud to create a range of simple bladed weapons; swords, daggers, etc. The number of weapons he can create within a single use of this technique is limited to a maximum of 10 and the weapons can be no larger than 1m long. These weapons form at a speed of 15 and require a strength of 25 to break. Once manifested they remain until they are thrown, dropped, or otherwise removed from Sou's aura, after which they only last for an additional 3 posts.

[Bound]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Sou channels chakra toward a position within 20 meters of him. His chakra then forms a square 50cm2 platform. Once Sou touches the platform, it pushes him off at +3 his normal speed in a single direction for 10m. As he moves through the air, he suffers a -3 to Taijutsu because of the external influence of force. This platform only works on Sou and things containing his chakra, while it lasts for 4 posts.

Both Sou and his Aura performing:
[Piercing Pulsar Pirouette]
B-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Sou must initiate this attack while he is in mid-air, often after bouncing from one of his bound platforms. Sou will tuck his legs tight against his body and use his high amount of skill in controlling his body and gravity's influence on his position in the air to generate a high amount of torque. This allows him to spin rapidly in mid-air and strike with his weapon. The sheer speed and skill associated with this technique causes the successive strikes to occur with such a small interval between them that they appear simultaneous to any with a Taijutsu+Instinct/2 lower than Sou's own Taijutsu+Speed/2. This technique may strike a number of times equal to Sou's Speed/4 in a single post.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat May 13, 2017 4:48 pm

The words sent shivers down the man's spine as he tried to escape. However, he had made a huge mistake... he had terribly underestimated their mark Sou... and it seemed that the boys powers had been exponentially stronger than they had thought... perhaps they had just not seen the true force of the genma. Either way, the red tornado of death would connect with the man, tearing and stabbing him to bits as he fell lifeless to the ground- also releasing any genjutsu that still lingered. Or would it? It would seem that all that happened, then when Sou would next blink, he would find himself still in the air flying, the genjutsu user seemingly having moved.

What was happening?

As for Hayasu, his move managed to knock Murakami back a slight amount, but the enraged roid-monster then, also like a gorilla, came back with both hands in an overhead slam at Hayasu, then tried to drop into a shoulder tackle.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Hayasu dodged out of the way, almost into a cartwheel as the ground next to him broke from the hit. At the shoulder tackle, Hayasu grabbed the man into a guillotine, wrapping his forearm around the mans throat. Hayasu grappled and grunted, veins bulging as his muscles flexed to compensate as best as they could. This guy was incredible strong to be able to take on Hayasu head on, and he definitely wasn't going anywhere soon. But Hayasu's goal was working. His hands gripped with a death grip, before he grinned widely and spat a bit of blood at the man. "All you little buddy!" Hayasu exclaimed. Now that he had a solid lock on his opponent, and the genjutsu user appeared to be weakened. Perfect timing. Kureiji squealed and roared as best as the little monkey sprang from Hayasu's head, angling a couple of stabs toward the man's neck, a blur of movement as he attempted every vulnerable spot he could.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Hayasu successfully grappled the man... and his body went limp. Before suddenly bursting, electricity shooting out, his flesh melting, his muscle rupturing, in what would be a blast strong enough to knock Hayasu back and potentially crack some ribs. The blast would also send the monkey flying. Dirt would fill the air, and when it would fade, a being made of electricity in the shape of a man would be there, laughing.

"I reject my humanity." the figure would say, it's laugh like the crackling of lightning. It stepped forward.

Meanwhile, it seemed Soku was losing control.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Hayasu indeed went flying, slamming into the earth and skidding across as rocks tore up around the behemoth. He scoffed and spat blood from his heavily panting lips. He definitely had at least a few bruised ribs, a minor concussion, and likely other damage. But he would be DAMNED if he was going to go down that easily. He caught Kureiji just in time, the little monkey knocked clean out as he set him aside gently. Rage boiled over him. Of all the things in the world to do between killing an ally, wounding Hayasu, or insulting his Kage, none existed worse then hitting his true best friend.

Chakra flared inside him as he turned, his eyes cold and heartless. "Rejecting humanity? You think you've seen what it's like to be wild? You haven't seen a fucking thing." Hayasu growled, snarling as his own ferocity overcame him. "I don't care if it kills me at this point. You hurt my best friend? I'm going to bury you." Hayasu finished, turning and marching toward the man. His walk turned into a jog, jog turning into a light run, light run turning into a sprint as he roared with all his might. His sight returned to normal as he regained most of his composure, a massive blast of Black Raiton screaming forward and booming across the land like thunder, opening up for his next assault. He slammed into the being of pure energy, giving no care to the damage he received and springing into action. A flurry of kicks, punches, and slams pushed into the energy. It didn't do much but he didn't care as he had only one idea to win; let this guy burn himself out. There was no way a man of pure energy for the first time knew how to utilize it properly.

[edit, techniques]
Techniques UsedShow

Black Raiton • Howler Monkey's Roar
B – Rank Black Raiton Ninjutsu
The user will first perform the correct hand seals, and then fire a cone of Black Raiton which begins at 5m wide closest to them and then 30m wide at the furthest point. The cone extends 40 m from the user's body at a speed of 20. This cascade of Black Raiton roars tremendously loud, and strikes all caught within it at 20 strength.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Sou was out of commission, knocked out and leaning against a tree. He had defeated his opponent, but in losing control of the genma then forcing himself out of forms... he'd lost consciousness.
The smell of smoldering flesh filled the clearing that had become the arena. The cackles of the man and crackles of his lightning body filled the air. Bits of ash and flesh and whatnot scattered at his feat- the only things that remained of his body. He stepped forward. He felt powerful. He felt good. His eyes locked right onto Hayasu Juko. Who did this child think he was going to bury? Lightning flared off his arm like the sound of one thousand birds as the lightning being lept forward at incredible speed, aiming to skewer Hayasu with his arm.

"It's over!" he shouted.

Anyone with a keen eye would notice in using the technique, the man seemed to shrink a little... He was oblivious to this though. His hand would slam through the lightning, as he barreled continuously forward for the Special Jounin.
USEDShow
*Raiton • Thousand Birds
A-ranked Raiton Jutsu
Prerequisite: 25 speed
The user of this technique will gather a concentrated amount of lightning in their hand after they perform the hand seals for this technique. The lightning causes a sound similar to thousands of birds chirping over the top of each other while it is in existence. The user will then dash at full speed toward a target, unable to see anything not within their path. The user will then attempt to thrust their hand into their target's body. The lightning is able to give the hand the ability to burn through a person's body. The lightning then shocks the target as per Raiton's passive abilities. Those with 35+ speed will find this technique gives them +10 strength when combatting defensive techniques. The lightning disappears from the user's hand after 2 posts.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Hayasu roared viciously, flipping back and springing forward, unleashing yet another technique, his arm coating itself in Black Raiton. While it wasn't going to be enough to truly fend off his opponent's attack, Hayasu was gambling on the idea it would at least dampen the blow enough to let him ease into the obvious pain about to befall him. As the two clashed, sparks of the two Raiton's exploded around them, locking them into a flurry of blows and attacks as Hayasu did his best to conserve however he could. Sure, he did like a good show, but his life and the life of Sou and Kureiji now rested on his ability to win. And to win this fight, he had to endure!

He skidded back a bit, taking a moment to catch his breath as he paced around the man, deadlocked on him. "Heh, I didn't realize the lightning would make you even weaker. Here I thought you'd have some kill all jutsu allowing you to finish me off for good. Should of figured you were weak enough to have to rely on otherworldly power rather then yourself." Hayasu taunted, smirking and keeping his inner strategist as buried as he could. Take the bait you bastard, take it! he blasted in his head, his arm fully numb and in unimaginable amounts of pain.

[/color]
Technique UsedShow

Black Raiton • Ghost Lariat
B – Rank Black Raiton Nintaijutsu Manuever
Requires above Average Speed
Hayasu charges up Black Raiton throughout his arms after priming hand signs, rushing forward as fast as possible. The Black Raiton chakra is infused into his arms, and Hayasu attempts to essentially clothesline them. Assuming it hits, the opponent is hit with a B-Ranked explosive.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:52 pm

The man's hand dug slightly into the arm of Hayasu, drawing blood. But that was merely it. He roared as he disengaged. Why wasn't he strong enough to kill this boy outright??? He had the power of a god given to him... He was pissed. Trembling he breathed in and focused his gaze onto his opponent. His body shook violently as lightning in every direction poured off of him. He was shrinking even more, though his body was now encased in lightning. Roaring, he lept forward at an incredible speed and with incredible precision.

A tree stump was in the way, and rather than dodge it, he ran through it, the tree stump being obliterated in his path as it was cut in half and burned through by the lightning. He'd lower his shoulder and try to tackle Hayasu- if he could maintain contact for a while, he could completely destroy this fool.
USEDShow
*Raiton • Hell's Stab: Four Finger Hand Spear
S-ranked Raiton Jutsu
Prerequisite: 40 Ninjutsu, Raiton • Lightning Armament + Raiton • Thousand Birds
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning increases their speed by 15 points and their strength by 10, while reducing their control by 15 and their Taijutsu by 10 for 5 posts. During this time any metallic or chakra based objects are repelled from the user with 30 strength. The lightning is able to give the user's body the ability the ability to burn through a person's flesh with their physical attacks. This enables them to strike through a person's body, so long as they have higher strength. [/spoiler[

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Hayasu estimated he had no more then roughly 25% of his chakra supply left after such heavy fighting. As the man charged forward, Hayasu calculated as best as he could before simply submitting. No, he couldn't dodge this with skill. He couldn't take this attack head on. He couldn't even endure it. The only thing Hayasu knew he could do was to simply go back to his roots. "Heh. An attack of that magnitude? Game over..for you." Hayasu mused, as he vanished in a puff of smoke, a massive log in his place. Despite all of the hectic, frantic, incredible attacks, the most simple of academy jutsu proved sufficient to hopefully give Hayasu an edge. He slammed away from the man, at a safe distance behind him as the man barreled forward. Even though this was not likely enough to take the man out of the fight, a jutsu of that caliber was going to severely strain the man's body and chakra supplies. The next few moments were crucial for Hayasu, as it would determine his fate.
Techniques usedShow

*[Basic Jutsu • Change of Body Stance Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the necessary handseals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with a nearby object that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body. This substitution allows the object to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. The object used in this jutsu may not be objects that are imbued with chakra or controlled by it, and they may also only be single, solid objects within a 20 yard radius of the user. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:16 pm

This man was not normal. True, he barreled forward into the log, splitting it and destroying it in an instant... But his speed and precision was... perhaps within the league of Bannin themselves. Turning round as he spun on his heel he lurched forward, angrier then ever, and once more using the famed chidori, on top of his armor. He was a wreckingball of death and running full speed for Hayasu.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Shit! Hayasu wasn't counting on him having the energy to continue bounding forward as such. He fumbled quickly and armed himself as quick as he could, tossing a handful of explosive kunai rigged at the mans feet. A loud THOOM! Echoed out, stirring up a cloud of dust as he quickly manueved as best as he could out of the way. He hastily formulated the seals as he did, creating a clone of black raiton and sending it the opposite direction of where he maneuvered. 20% energy. It would force the man to choose which one to go after, and instead of a guaranteed dodge, it was now up to the same odds as a coin flip. The clone sprinted away from Hayasu at equal levels, almost indistinguishable from the real Hayasu. Come on damn you! I can't keep this charade up much longer. Hayasu grunted, wounds starting to seep past his pain tolerance.
Technique usedShow

Black Raiton • Spectre Clone
C-Rank Black Raiton Ninjutsu
An enhanced version of the standard Black Raiton Clone, After Hayasu does the needed hand seals, a clone, lacking substance and the ability to interact with its environment, will form. These clones are destroyed after coming into contact with any energized object. As these clones have no free will, they are unable to do more than mimic the user's movements. However, unlike normal clones, these are filled with Black Raiton chakra. The clone has the following stats and lasts for 5 posts:

Taijutsu: 5
Stamina: 7
Strength: 5
Speed: 10

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:23 pm

The explosions startled the man just enough to allow the Special Jounin to escape. It was clear they were both running on empty, and this next strike would finish it. Angrily, the man once more did chidori, except this time, on both hands?!?! Roaring and cackling in laughter as lightning sparked every which way, he lept forward. He planned to be fast enough to just hit both Hayasu's, as the man didn't know what to do otherwise.

Lunging, he stabbed the first one! It exploded into black lightning. The man groaned and went to move round and finish off the real Hayasu, however suddenly paused. The crackling stopped, and everything fizzled. And then, in a spectacular light show, the lightning was gone and a small gem fell to the ground, feint little pulses of electricity moving within it. His core.

It seemed the fool hadn't become used to his freshly entered, new form... Certainly he didn't realize that using so much raiton, when your body was made up of the raiton you were using, was a quick way to lose your energy.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Hayasu was surprised that he made it, a nervous laugh escaping him. In the end, for all his training, all his muscle, all his antics, only a simple word loomed in his mind. Endure. His steps weighed insurmountable, each one feeling like his last until he reached the gem. He fell to his knees and picked it up, grasping it and twirling it in his fingers. The electric hue jabbed at his nerves as he scoffed, holding it to his palm. With all of his might, he roared and flared what little chakra he had left to spare, crushing the gem in his hand as it crumbled to dust. The suns rays beat across his body, the battleground of one of the toughest foes he had ever faced surrounding him. He sure hoped Sou was okay, as Hayasu could do no more. He fell over to the ground, passing out from the exhaustion of his efforts as unconsciousness swelled over him.

[[end]]

Return to “Lightning Empire”