[PB Jelly Jikan] We're soaring, flying

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:37 pm

A clone empowered by the ancient relic Hayate had found rushed through the treacherous paths of Lightning Country, hands surrounding it and bobbing in every direction with each step. Gracefully it made it's way from a mountain path and continued through woods and many other scenery till it came upon something precious, two incapacitated Kumogakure shinobi who had just defeated two high level enemies. When this Hayate finally found them, he paused at the larger of the two as one of the sets of hands behind him shot a small amount of water at his face in an attempt to wake him. The two needed to return back to Kumogakure immediately, and Hayate trusted no one else but himself to deliver the reason why and the marching orders.

It was nearly sunrise now, so time was of the essence.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:18 am

Hayasu felt the water splash across his face and immediately awoke in a frenzy. "OOOOOSUUUUU!! " he roared as he jumped up to his feet and began attacking the air all around him, slamming his fist into the earth. A crater formed under the mans fist before he came to his senses, Kureiji still unconscious from the fight. It took him a solid minute before he came to his senses, turning to the assailant. His eyes grew wide with surprise as he took an immediate kneel. "Oi! Raikage-sama! I apologize for inherit look of slumber but I swear that wasn't the case!" he stated quickly, trying not to panic. It was his long time sensei, but to be caught unconscious like that? Shameful! He realized Kureiji hadn't been woken up, nor Sou who was leaning against a nearby tree exhausted. The battlefield around them showed quite an insane aftermath, with the gen user also unconcious but Hayasu's foe dead to the world. What could the Raikage himself possibly want from them? And how long had they been unconcious?!
Hayasu Juko "The Simian Sage" Jounin of Kumokagure The Black Book

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Hayate shook his head. Hayasu was no longer a boy, and that much was visibly evident... but his antics were still the same, that was to say they were boyish to say the least. Still, Hayate grinned from the corners of his mouth unable to completely stifle his amusement. Offering his hand to help the boy up, he cleared his throat before preparing a response to the boys, and the reason he'd give. The reason he was here was that the final battle... the siege of Kumogakure had come to an end without a single drop of unnecessary blood having been spilled on Kumogakure soil. This also meant the end of the war, and that a new order would need to begin. For this time, Hayate needed people he could trust back in the city. People he could send out on crucial missions for the cause. With a deep breath he spoke.

"The Civil War has ended, Hayasu. It is fragile, but for now the country is under my rule with Kumogakure as it's new capital. While it is a monumental occasion I assure you there is no time to celebrate. I am a divisive leader, and while many view me as a liberator and a hero, many within my own village still lack trust in me. Likewise, many of the peasants were ignorant to their own suffering caused by the feudal lords they served, and it is likely I am an enemy to them... for these reasons, we must ask quick to establish new command and bring about a new age for this country- otherwise this unification will fail and we will return to nothing but warring states once more. He bowed his head.

"Today, you both have become Jounin of the Lightning Country, and, in accordance, I have a new mission for you. But first we should likely collect your incapacitated friend and retreat to a more secure location over yonder."

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Hayasu's mouth nearly hit the ground as he stared in disbelief. There was a siege?! He was finally an elite?! These were all things he didn't expect ever, but the Lord Raikage himself had presented them to him as if they were simple things. He didn't know what else to do. While he was a literal giant, he was still a kid at heart. No matter the bloody battles, fueds, or missions, he knew only one thing for certain; he would serve his Raikage and village until the end of days. Not knowing what else to do, Hayasu merely fought back a bit of tears, bowing his head back as respectfully as he could muster from his weakened state. "Haya-I mean, Raikage-sama. I'm humbled and honored by this, though I must agree. We need to get Sou to safety first then proceed with what you have planned." He stated, keeping his composure as best as he could. He marched over and picked Sou's unconcious body up, tossing him over his shoulder and scooping Kureiji into his gi. Nodding, he readied himself for the journey back. "Respectfully Lord Raikage, please bare with me if I cannot keep up with your speed. We'll speak once we get Sou back." he finalized, signaling he was ready. What missions could the Lord Raikage have him do personally? It was an oddity, that was for sure.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Hayate grinned, looking at Hayasu. It was funny how excited and energized the boy who, mere moments ago had been passed out, had become. Taking a deep breath and sighing, he gently karate chopped the top of his head. Though he had become a large, burly man, Hayate still saw him as the 13 year old kid he once was. His first and final student. "Hayate is just fine, Hayasu. No need for formalities between old friends." With that, his chakra pulsed for less than even a second as a magnificent cloak of water formed around his body. He always found it funny that despite being extremely adept at three elements, perhaps Suiton being his strongest, he was known most for lightning... perhaps it couldn't be helped, being the shadow of lightning.

"You won't come close to keeping up with me in that condition, especially with those two in tow." Hayate said as massive arms sprouted out his side and grabbed Sou, and then Hayasu, hoisting them up into the air behind Hayate. They needed rest and the distance they needed to cover was too great for them to move at anything other than full speed.

"Just relax. Consider this your rank-up talk, and this... a mobile office of sorts."

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:26 pm

The karate chop wasn't particularly lethal or meant to inflict, the psychological damage after taking several thousand of them from his Sensei always managed to make them hurt. He rubbed his head and glared at his sensei, even after all these years of fighting and training, they still acted the same around each other. Mostly due to Hayasu having a hard time doing that whole "proffesional" or "adult" thing. At the next moment, Hayasu's eyes grew wide. He flailed like a fish out of water the very instant he knew what Hayate was going to do. "N-No HAYATE NOOO! I CAN WALK DAMN IT! Hayasu yelled, clearly not pleased at being manhandled. The man was a giant of legendary strength and prowess, so being picked up and carried was definitely not something he was used to. Within a moment, Hayasu was a blur being carried at near sonic speeds as his sensei transported them back to Kumogakure.

"Mobile...office...my...ASS! Hayasu yelled, sighing to himself as he submitted. As strong as he was, his sensei was a force to be reckoned with. The entire scene only caused Hayasu's desire to grow stronger to burn even brighter. He would catch up to Hayate in marital prowess, and knew for a fact he would never give that goal up.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:44 pm

The boy... man... boyman certainly did not enjoy being up and hoisted over head like a doll. After all, he had become a mini-hulk so to speak. Hayate pressed forward and continued, ignoring the tiny outburst. "You've certainly gotten heavier." Hayate said with a smile, as his real hand suddenly scratched at his forehead. "Maybe I clan fling you like this for our ultimate combination move?" he said letting out a hearty laugh. Continuing onward, he began the talk. "So, tell me Hayasu, what have you changed?' Hayate lept up into the trees, one water fist forming out his front and punching branches to clear a path ahead of them as they moved. He was interviewing Hayasu... after all, he had no doubt the man was strong enough. What he wondered was if he mentally was ready to become a Jounin. If he, experience wise was ready.

The war had indeed changed everyone, but war was not enough to prove someone worthy.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Hayasu squirmed a bit but finally sighed and calmed down, focusing on just resting despite his childish protesting. An ultimate combination move? It appeared even Hayate hadn't totally dismissed his boyish ideas either. A grin danced across his lips. Heavier was an understatement, as it was nearly a hundred pounds of solid muscle. At the Raikage's question though, Hayasu paused. "Changed? That's an interesting question.." He started, reflecting at his inner thoughts. Satisfied with what he had presented, he finally replied. "Not a damn thing in any meaningful way, Hayate-san. I've been through a lot, as we all have, but at my core I'm still Hayasu..A fighter. A warrior. A human. A shinobi that swore my life to you and Kumogakure. But above all, my loyalty remains within my pride. I'm damned happy to throw my life away if you or an innocent life was at stake. I only hope it pushes this shitty world into an era of true peace...and until that day when the God of Death himself comes and sits me down with a bottle of Sake, I'm going to protect and serve you, Raikage-sama. You're not just my teacher, you're a beacon of hope. Rank, pay, none of it matters to me, and as long as this brutish strength does good to keep you and the village safe, you'll hear no complaints from me. So, I guess the only way to summarize the answer, is I'm ready for whatever you feel I need to face, but my heart belongs to the wilds. I'm going to finish training in Kaisaru and become stronger. Not because I want to slap you around anymore like you did me, but because I know there's more at stake then just a rivalry or the next good fight. Lives depend on me, and I won't fail them." Hayasu finished, showing his true character. All of it remained true. Hayasu was a Shinobi, but he was a loyal and proud one. The innocent were always under his protection, the poor were always welcome at his table, and anyone who threatened his village was his enemy. It was a code of honor and pride, not of desire and selfishness.

His life was no better then the random farmer in Hayasu's eyes. The only difference was their jobs. The air continued to blast past them as they soared through the wilds. An eerie peace washed across Hayasu, bringing him a peace he hadn't felt in a long time.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:06 am

"Yes it is, that's why I asked it." Hayate responded sharply to the young man's rhetorical question. For now he was content the both of them were safe. Luckily for Hayate, with Sou incapacitated it wouldn't be so awkward to discuss Hayasu's rank-up. He waited as Hayasu thought, and then finally replied. Unfortunately, Hayate was a little troubled by what his student had said. It was true he hadn't changed in many regards... but that was exactly what Hayate feared... Reaching his arm behind him, he karate-chopped Hayasu gently on the head. "Wrong answer- partial credit." Though it was best for students to find their own ways, the reason teachers existed was because sometimes it took someone to correct you.

"You are loyal, and throwing your life away for an innocent is just however there is greatness in dying for me. You're the next generation. It's I, who am supposed to die for you, and for the children of the village. You must make your own way- and you're partially found that in the wilds... but still Hayasu, you're too dependent on my command. To wiling to jump if I say jump. I understand given our bond... but something I need to ensure in the new generation of Jounin is... Jounin who make their own decisions. Loyalty is good, but I need people who question things. People who won't just do what I or the other bannin tell them to..."

He was certainly glad that Hayasu had established a strong sense of responsibility- but he was still far from being mature. No man was worth following with undying loyalty... That was how men like Banri stayed in power... after all.

Zasadel

Post by Zasadel » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 am

Hayasu coughed at the hit, before chuckling loudly. "Hayate-san, that's awfully linear of you. You're making an assumption that I'm dependent on your command, or that I do it because it's what I'm told to do. While to an extent that's true, I don't do it because it's my duty, I do it because I want to. Not even for a moment would I ever enact something I didn't agree with to a reasonable amount. Every action, every thought, every idea I have I filter through to match it to what is best for the situation. I may be wild and primal on the outside, but I know everything I do holds weight in this world. If you ordered me to hurt someone that didn't deserve it, I wouldn't follow. If you told me to fight the innocent, I would not. What I would do is trust my gut, and your wisdom. Blind loyalty is dangerous, devout loyalty is honorable. I would not serve another Raikage the same way I serve you. My decisions simply reflect off of yours the best because you taught me how to be a Shinobi. The teachings of the Sensei are to be passed to the student. It's not out of fanacism that I would obey, it's out of an understanding that I know you always have the good intentions of the people at heart. Make no mistake however, if for any reason I thought you to be compromised or lack of judgement, I would tell you. And if it came down to it, I would do my best to stop you before whatever darkness overtook you....even if I had to kill you. And when that day comes that you're even older and scraggly then you are now, and it's time to pass the torch, I will believe in the cause of the next Raikage. Rather that be myself, or someone far more qualified to lead the village, but I will never not do what's best for the Village first." Hayasu finished, beaming with another side of himself he rarely ever discussed; the non dumbass variant.

His reflection resonated him to the core. It was true, Hayate's words, but Hayate's philosophy was based on the idea Hayasu was blinded and couldn't act for himself. It was loyalty and love for a friend that drove Hayasu to listen and fight. If that ever ran out, Hayasu would do only what Hayasu wanted for the best interests of the Village, not for someone else's personal agenda.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Hayate pondered the boy's statement for a moment... no, young man's... but again he wasn't quite happy. Still, it was enough... and he was sure that his student had grown enough as a person to deserve the Rank of Jounin. The corners of his lips turning slightly into a smile, he nodded. No one was perfect but this one was definitely to his standards.

"That'll do, Hayasu."
After a great amount of time the trio had finally arrived at a new location, a cave close to Kumogakure. In truth it had been a former Black Ops den which Hayate had since gutted and reclaimed... but this was the destination at which he would reveal the truth to the two boys he was with- both of them. Setting down Hayasu he began to prod at Sou, hoping to wake him up. "Come on sleepy head."

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:08 pm

'Here we are again. How pathetic. We could have easily destroyed any threat in front of us but you had to fight against me, as always. Why do you continue, even now, to fight against my power, Sou? If you simply allowed it, we would be unstoppable. Your friend would never have been in harm's way again.'

Sou was floating in the eternal abyss of his mindscape, laid on his back as if he were floating in water, while the chained and bound form of the Okigenma loomed over him, pulsing red chakra wrapping around the chains and pushing them as far away as the beast could manage as usual. Sou didn't bother to turn his eyes towards Konegu, simply continued to stare into the darkness. 'I fight you because that is what we do, Konegu. You press me to change, to become more like you, to use your power enough that I weaken the seal and you get loose. In return I fight against that change, I ignore your snarky comments and I do my damnedest to keep you from escaping. That's just… who we are.'

Konegu bent down as far as his chains would allow, until it's great visored face was right in Sou's line of sight. 'But it doesn't have to be, little mortal. Surely you have realized by now how dark this world is. How dangerous. How many times have we fought together against that darkness? Time and again you are forced to call on my power, but you fight against it at the same time and it limits us. We could have been killed because you fought against me so hard you fell unconscious in the middle of a battle!' The beast let the chains pull it back, slamming into the altar that held it with a resounding crash. 'How am I meant to protect you as we are? How are you meant to protect anyone when you spend all your energy fighting me? This is growing tiresome, Sou.'

'Yeah well, you're not wrong on that count. I'm tired…' Sou muttered, mulling over the beast's words. It had an obsession with protection. A controlling obsession, one that dominated its every waking thought, at least as far as Sou could gather. It was like the beast thought that if it ruled the world nothing bad would ever happen again. It was a nice thought but it was also… naïve in a way Sou didn't expect from a thousand plus year old being of chakra.

A sudden throbbing sensation pulsed through him, resonating out from his side. There was an echo in the darkness, like hearing a voice while submerged underwater. Sou gently floated upwards, shifting his position until he was standing once more. He had gotten strangely comfortable, floating in the giant expanse of nothing, even if he did share it with Konegu. 'I think I'm waking up. See you later, I guess, Konegu.'
Sou's eyes slowly opened to see the face of the Raikage standing over him, finger poking him over and over again. Shifting his weight so he was sitting up, he looked around and realized he had no idea where he was. Just that Hayasu was in another corner of the cave. "Lord Raikage? What… what's going on? What are you doing here? Better yet, where is here? Last thing I remember we were fighting… some bastard that was messing with my head."
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Return to “Lightning Empire”