Just an Ordinary Mission, Right?

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:03 pm

The skies were clear, the sun shining bright, and for the first time in a long time Kumo felt warm in it's place among the clouds. Sou stared up at the sun, a hand keeping the majority of it from burning out his sclerae. It was a good day for travelling. Looking back down, he cracked his neck and proceeded to lean against the gates leading out of the village proper and into the mountain range surrounding it. There was some kind of dispute between locals that needed to be sorted out. It was one of the first missions he would be taking since his sealing, finally trusted enough to handle regular duties once more. Well, he was part of a three-man team consisting of a Genin and a Chuunin but at least it was a normal mission and not something he would need to rely on his newfound power to complete. This kind of thing was what he was good at.

Still, he couldn't help but wonder if he was actually being given a standard mission with a normal team or if there were his usual set of watchers hidden off in the shadows. Surely, they had better things to be doing by this point? It had been a long time since he had taken on the role of jinchuuriki, after all. He started looking around, glancing at any places that could be feasibly used as hiding spots, while waiting for the others to arrive.
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am

Enter the goofball
Another day, another mission, Yoho was the one going to be introduced to the Jinchuuriki, a weapon of mass destruction. Sou had been one of the lucky few that had seen Hotaru's real face, though during the mission she had been using a fake voice and mask to throw him off the fact that she was a female spy. So this time she chose to appear in front of him as her male persona and forgo the mask all together, something she feared that she would eventually dread.

She dressed herself in front of the mirror and practiced her manierisms and her voice acting, she was not going to fail the task that had been handed to her. Though if she was honest she sort of saw this task as beneath her, yet she had no clue what would be in store. There had to be a reason why she was sent to aid a special jounin there had to be something deeper going on.

Hotaru left her building and started walking down the road towards the gate as her alter ego, the goofball that always tried to hard or didn't lift a finger at all. She sighed at the thought of having to pretend the entire mission but brought up a smile and saluted her comrade by the gate. "Hey there! Sorry for being late... I was just-" Yoho slipped and hit his chin on the ground in front of him. "Aw damn! Ouch! Not again!"

Yoho turned around and rose to a seated position and smiled. "I can't believe that I have been reinstated and get to watch someone as powerful as you lead the way!"

Cover: Unemployed.
Type: Laid back, passive, support.
JutsuShow
Method Acting
B-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prerequisite:Theater Actor, 25 Tai, 25 Instinct.
To perform this taijutsu the user must spend at least 250 word post preparing for the role of her life and as long as she continues to play the role the more convinced she becomes that she is that character. With enough practice the woman could act like anyone she has gathered enough information of. Although at this level it leaves little room for improvisation. Instinct vs Instinct to see through her lies.

Master Voice Actor
Prerequisite: Voice Acting 25 Tai, 25 Instinct.
To perform this taijutsu the user must spend at least 250 word post preparing, at this level there's no accent, tone of voice the spy can't hit, and no matter how high/low pitch her voice doesn't sore. This ranges from young boy/girl to old man/woman. Instinct vs Instinct to see through her lies.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:23 am

Tobiki had been given an odd mission of sorts with a rather odd team arrangement which confused him but then again he had slowly pushed (in his own, long winded, calm and easygoing way that really didn't deserve the right to be called a push) for an exploratory type mission, just something that let him venture out of the village really and start to prove his awesome cool abilities.

Given that it was extra sunny compared to usual the young genin wasn't too certain if he should wear absolutely everything, though in the end he went with what felt most simple and right and as such we just wore the usual; all his clothes, the flak jacket, arm guards and even the cloak.
Once he was fully prepared he took what could be described as a nice leisurely walk through the village, admiring his sights as he made his way down along the winding path from the Arashiyama compound, past the waterfall that he looked at for way too long and eventually into the eastern mountain where he then slowly made his way through so that he could cross to the western mountain, which then also took awhile to navigate but eventually made it all the way down to the gate floor where he would then finally meet up with the others.

Fortunately the young boy was well mannered enough to understand his slow moving habits, as such he had gotten up extra early to compensate for them, so he wasn't lagging too far behind his teammates. In fact he started to arrive to the village gates just in time to notice the buffoon of a man fall down before him.
"Oh geez" Tobi blurted as he witnessed the fool fall on his chin.
Then as said fool got up and greeted the purple topped man nearby, that was when the already ashamed genin realised it was his team member going off the details in his mission report (signed by the ever awesome and cool Raikage as always).
"Oh nooo..." he then blurted further in embarrassment.

Nontheless the young boy shook his feelings away and continued to step forward so that he could properly take in his teammates and greet them, for as shameful and uncool they may end up being they where still people he had to work with and it would just have to be something he would get used to.
That being said, as he got closer to the pair and with a closer look at the blond haired special jounin, Tobikiri noticed strange spikes coming from the man's elbows which where unusual but definitely cool.
"Well if at least one of them is super cool and awesome then it should be fine" he sort of whispered to himsel with his hand over his mouth before properly stepping before the two.
"Hi you must be Sou and Yoho?" he asked so casually and calmly as he approached with a lazy wave.
"I'm Tobikiri, though you can just call me Tobi... Oh that's Arashiyama Tobikiri but yeah still just call me Tobi if you want, or don't, whatever." he added to his nice and casual greeting.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Sou quirked his head to the side when the first of his two team members showed up and proceeded to immediately trip over his own feet, crashing his chin into the hard-stone floor of the old temple that served as the village gates. The fact that he was immediately up and chatting away again meant that this was probably a reoccurring pattern for the guy. With a shake of his head, Sou pushed off from the wall he was leaning against and offered a hand to the man as he moved to a sitting position.

"Pleasure to meet you as well, I guess? Not sure where you got the impression I'm some powerful guy though."

Once Yoho had either accepted the hand up or ignored it, he would turn his attention to the last addition to their squad. Tobikiri's eyes showed exactly what Sou had felt when he saw Yoho trip over his own feet, but they were both polite enough to audibly share that. It was his reaction when he saw the spikes jutting from Sou's elbows that caught the blond off guard. Most people were curious but politely ignored them or they were disgusted and avoided looking at them. Tobikiri just kind of stared at them for a minute with a little light in his eyes before he offered a very laid-back greeting.

Offering a nod in return to the strange reaction, Sou tucked his hands back into his pockets. "Tobi, Yoho, you both already know but I'm Sou. I have inherited the role of team leader for this mission solely on the merit that I somehow convinced the Raikage that I was worth being given the rank of Special Jounin. Don't ask me how, it's a mystery to me as well." He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth and jerked his head towards the gates as he started to walk away. "By rights, we shouldn't be running into any real trouble. After the civil war, people have been getting all kinds of weird ideas and have been rallying people to their individual causes, or so they say. Some folk don't like what the Raikage has done."

'Not that I can blame them.'
he thought.

"So we've been assigned to taking care of a little… misinformation that people seem to be operating under in one of the smaller villages nearby. Tobi, this is a low risk mission to get you used to travel outside the village. Yoho and I will take it slow at first, make sure you are keeping up and explain anything you need to know, but we do have a deadline for this mission so if I don't think we're going to make it at that pace we'll have to pick it up. Are you all okay with that?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:34 am

Yoho reached out and grabbed Sou's hand, he chuckled as the special Jounin assisted him on his feet. He listened to what he had to say and made sure to answer him correctly as to not give away too much information about "himself". He looked over at Tobi and nodded then turned to face Sou once again as he continued to speak. It seems that they had been given the right amount of information needed to venture out on this mission, hopefully there wouldn't be too much trouble for them to handle.

"Ehm... I heard stories about the various missions you had done, well... Not from the ninjas around here but from different villagers describing a ninja that appeared like you. So, when I saw you I thought that it could be you... Something about... Blowing up a bridge during the civil war." Yoho shrugged before turning to face Tobi. "and I think Tobi will work because calling you; Tobi... Oh that's Arashiyama Tobikiri but yeah still just call me Tobi if you want, or don't, whatever. Is going to take to long time, don't you think?" Yoho chuckled as he patted the genin on his back.

"Don't you worry about us sir, we won't fail you! Am I right?" Yoho winked at Tobi. "Otherwise I am sure that we can finish this mission with your guidance, whether we run, jog, sprint, leap.." Yoho would trail off until someone stopped his monologue.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:12 am

Tobikiri nodded and smiled politely towards his very intriguing and cool looking team leader as he greeting the pair of lackeys, though his face became a little stretched with confusion as he turned back towards his other team member that seemed to go on rambling like an oddball. That being said the young genin did nothing to interrupt the strange weirdo, instead simply rolling with whatever weirdness that Yoho said and thus leaving it down to Sou to halt his words.

Once they started to set off and the secret genma host began to explain things about the situation it all sounded simple enough to the young genin, though his excitement was very quiet and only seemed to shimmer atop the calm waves that where the young one's emotions.
"Yep, sounds fine to me" he simply and calmly replied, almost as if brushing it off like it was no big deal at all or maybe even didn't matter to him despite actually feeling the enjoyment deep inside.

Tobikiri really did probably seem so eerily calm and able to roll with things way too easily, even feeling no pressure to stop the big goof of a man known as Yoho despite how horrible and uncool a person he seemed.
Nonetheless he was totally ready to explore outside the village and become a totally cool magician of great power, though he had not actually seen his magician sensei since their first meeting which was very oddly quite strange.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:41 pm

There was a moment where Sou glared at Yoho for bringing up what he himself considered a failure of a mission before he thought better of it and simply smiled and nodded tightly at him. The civil war had been a bloody experience for Sou and he had killed more than his fare share of people. Not all of them necessarily enemy combatants. It was a period of his life he would rather not think about if at all possible. "Yoho." Sou muttered at the Chuunin kept rambling. "I hope your confidence in me isn't misplaced. Remember, this isn't a mission that we expect a whole lot of trouble on but it is still a mission outside the borders of the village. Ask questions if you have to but keep the volume down, okay?"

Turning his attention to Tobikiri, he smiled a little more genuinely at the Genin at his relaxed attitude to being sent out of the village for the first time. The kid had a cool look about him, but Sou knew purely from experience that he was probably doing a happy dance on the inside. He had been the same at that age. "So Tobi, I'm guessing you've never been outside the village before? First big mission? How are you feeling? Like I told Yoho, feel free to ask any questions you have. I'll try to answer them as best I can."

The trek through the mountains leading down from Kumo's place among the clouds was a relatively safe and well-worn path. While once the path would have been hidden or at least difficult for the average civilian to find, the necessity for refugees and craftsman and just general tradesman to come to Kumo now that it was considered the seat of power of all of Lightning Country necessitated a more open, easier to travel road through the mountains. It was heavily guarded, every now and then the trio would be able to spot a Chuunin duo patrolling, but the thing that felt most out of place was the flow of traffic that they needed to move around. It wasn't a huge amount, but it was a lot more strangers than anyone native to Kumo would be used to seeing.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:51 am

Yoho giggled and placed his hand in front of his mouth, he knew that he had a tendency to go overboard and had been working on that for a while. What came next came as a surprise as he never expected a Special Jounin to say, he was the highest ranked ninja on the mission so of course they would place their trust in his hands. It was up to him to get them out of any situation, even though that was one of Hotaru's specialties, she still needed to keep the aloof act.

Once they started trekking, he would place his hands behind his head and walk next to Tobi. "So, Tobi or whatever, tell me. Did you get in on the civil war action or were you still in the academy?" Hotaru was intrieged to know if he grew up as a ninja before the entire thing broke apart and had to be repaired or if he was fresh and never had to deal with the trauma of fighting your own country men for reasons above your pay grade. Hotaru's eyes dashed towards Sou as she finished speaking, they knew all to well how it was to do things without questions asked.

During their walk, she would also keep an eye on any person they walked by in order to make sure that no one tried anything funny or stuck out too much. She knew that both she and Sou were responsible for Tobi's life and she would risk her life on making sure that the boy got home in one piece. Otherwise Hayate would tear her limb from limb.

JutsuShow
Spies Intuition; Presence
D-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 10 Instinct.
The user performs a quick check in her surroundings every once awhile, this allows her to pick up if anyone is stalking her by recognizing faces/clothing.

Subtle Movements
The user is able to pick up subtle body language, this allows the user to tell if someone is lying, or hiding something. This only works if Hotaru has higher Instinct than the target.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:45 am

Tobi just seemed to calming walk along with the pair of other shinobi, seeming like he could be in his own kind of world and yet aware of his surroundings as he looked around to take in everything he could see. It was certainly very odd for most people and could unnerve some over just how relaxed he appeared in his daily life.
"Ah, yeah this is my first time out of the village, its pretty cool" he calmly replied to Sou before turning to Yoho
"I graduated bit before everythin' went down, it was totes crazy and my dad basically kept me in the clan compound to train more and then when all that war stuff was hapnin' I jus kind of helped around the village doin' genin duties to keep civies safe" he added with a small hint of glee, thinking it was at least cool enough to just do a small bit of duty towards the village.

A smile spread across the young boy's face after he said that and then with a simple glance back to Sou he gave a shrug.
"Eh... Can't think of any Qs" he said in an almost rather blasé fashion despite just being a young genin.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 pm

Sou's eyebrow twitched at the use of the word 'totes'. 'Civies' and 'hapnin'' made it twitch even more. Q's? What the hell were Q's? Of course, he understood it meant he didn't have any questions, Sou wasn't a halfwit, but for the love of Kumo he could have articulated the thought a little more intelligently. He would never understand kids these days and their need to shorten words unnecessarily. The tick grew to the point where his vein would likely be visibly throbbing before he took a deep breath and calmed himself. Sou considered himself to be an accepting kind of guy and if he could deal with an ancient spirit sealed into him and constantly whispering in the back of his mind then he could deal with the slang of youth.

He didn't like either. But he could deal with them.

Offering a slightly forced smile to the Genin, he waved his hand in a vague circle motion. "Well, keep the offer in the mind. I'm sure Yoho could answer some question as well." He turned his attention to Yoho, who he noticed was looking at the comers and goers along the road with a surprising amount of attention. He had thought the guy was a new Chuunin who had somehow managed to fumble his way through the exam but maybe his initial assessment had been wrong. "And what about you, Yoho? Any experiences outside the village?"

Hotaru's assessment of the people would reveal nothing malicious in nature. Mostly just people either going to Kumo to offer trade or seek asylum, those leaving often had either empty carts or carts filled with goods exclusive to the village. The constant perusal would reveal a number of ninja, not just the uniformed ones watching the road, but teams coming back or heading out on missions and a few dressed as civilians keeping an eye on things from the inside, so to speak.

The trip to their intended destination would take three days on foot, two if they really pushed it but there was no hurry. It would mean camping out though and when night began to fall Sou would offer the opportunity to Yoho and Tobi to put some of their rudimentary Academy training to use in finding and preparing a decent camp site while he himself set about making sure they were alone. Once he knew exactly where Yoho and Tobi were working, he would clap his hands together and send out a pulse of chakra-laced wind, images bounding back to his mind as the chakra gave him a picture of their surroundings.
TechniquesShow
*[Sensory Style • Approaching Breeze]
C-rank Ninjutsu
The user will do a series of hand seals and place their hands in the air. Releasing waves of chakra out of their hands. These waves of chakra will bounce back to the user after traveling out 25 meters in the air. As the chakra returns to the user it will evoke an image in the users head of the immediate area around them, anything in the air and anything up to 10 feet in the air. These are still images, not moving images, but can give the user a good idea of what is happening if they aren’t able to see otherwise.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Yoho nodded and listened to Tobi as he spoke, when he noticed that there were no one in particular sticking out in the crowd he would return his casual demeanor. He wasn't all too impressed with the Genin but that was to be expected from the youth of today, he knew full well that most ninjas from Kumogakure were nothing to scoff at but at the same time being an outsider, he knew that life had been rather easy going for them until recently. Though he grinned from ear to ear as he listened to the boy speak; all a front to throw them off the loop.

When it was hit time to answer, he made sure to appear aloof and deep in thought. Well! I helped out sealing a deal with a metal workers wife, so we could build the village at a cheaper price. Otherwise, not so much. I am too lazy to do any hard work, I mean... I... I just don't enjoy getting sweaty you know, so I mostly do simple tasks such as this one." Another blatant lie but Hotaru needed them to think that Yoho was a lazy kid who was "forced" to do labour every once in a while, though the real spy was always busy keeping tabs on people or going on dangerous missions, it was the only way she felt alive.

Once they settled down, she would use her skills to set up a nice camp. Though she would pretend not to know much about these types of things, basically she would fumble her way across until they managed to set up a decent camp, yet she would use this time to test Tobi and teach him at the same time, for she knew that she couldn't neglect that part of her statues quo.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:44 am

Tobi continued on oblivious to the internal rage brewing within Sou, instead simply just calmly trotting along like it was just some pleasant evening walk. Though that didn't mean he wasn't aware of his situation as he remained ready for anything mission worthy at any given time.
As they walking the young genin also kind of looked around and took in everyone but it was more out of intrigue than anything spy worthy like that of Yoho, or rather Hotaru had been doing for he always wondered what kinds of things made it in and out of the village.

The work Yoho had supposedly done definitely sounded boring and not something Tobikiri wanted anything to do, though he wasn't so lazy as not to do it if asked since he always tended to go with the flow and do whatever.
"Haha, well least this job sounds more interestin and fun even if tis simple" the boy jovially replied to the doofus of a man.

When it came to setting up camp for rest along their long travels the Arishiyama wasn't particular expert at such a thing but he definitely gave his best, definitely proving that though he me always be strangely calm he definitely was no slouch.
He wasn't truly one hundred percent sure whether he could find a good spot but the genin certainly helped find what seemed to be a decently looking area with a bit of cover and no awkward looking spots, well, helped may have been a generous word since he wasn't fully sure if his chuunin team mate was really doing anything which meant most of the work seemed to be on him alone.
That being said Yoho did seem to know enough to help guide Tobi, just that it didn't feel that helpful and instead felt more like it was mostly a way to perhaps push most of the work onto him.

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:07 pm

With the camp set up and finding no sources of human life anywhere within their immediate vicinity, Sou went and joined the other two to find that the camp was rudimentary but functional. The fire would keep out the cold of the mountain and thankfully they were close enough to the village they didn't really need to worry about being jumped by bandits in the middle of the night, so the additional light was welcome. Plonking himself down, he took off his pack and rummaged through it until he found some simple rations.

"So," he began around a mouthful of food. "The village is maybe another sixteen hours travel at this speed so we might pick up the pace tomorrow, I want to get there before sundown so we can get this mess sorted. There have been all kinds of rumours floating around, things like uprising, meetings in secret to get the smaller lords back in power, that kind of stuff. If we find any evidence of this, we convince the locals that it'd be a bad idea. Preferably through diplomacy. No need to go antagonizing people that are already raising a stink."

Cutting his gaze across to each of his teammates, he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "On the off chance that we do run into some trouble we can't talk ourselves out of, I want you guys to stay behind me as much as you can. I'd rather I took the brunt of any attacks that come our way. No offence meant or anything, it's just easier for me to deal with a threat if I'm not worrying about you two getting in the way of things."

He didn't want them caught in the path of him unleashing a demon is what he meant but he wasn't about to say that out loud, now, was he?
Courtesy of SiaShow

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:11 pm

Yoho shrugged, he could never tell if a mission was simple or not but gave Tobikiri a smile to indicate that he shouldn't worry about it. When their team leader gathered in and began to speak, he would listen in and nod at the man. Yoho could tell why they had chosen him, he was eloquent in his speech and seemed to know what he was talking about, if Hotaru was to reveal herself now then she would've at least said that he was inspiring, though keeping up with the act, she pretended that what he said was intriguing and complex.

Diplomacy was her thing, but not "Yoho's" which meant that he would raise his hand and wait until he finished speaking before adding in. "Well, I am not all that diplomatic but I sure hope that we don't get to fight. I'd rather... Not have to punch someone in the face, it usually just ends up hurting my hand and yeah that's never fun." She was certain that they would start to wonder how he even ever managed to become a ninja but that was unfortunately the plan, she needed to keep up the ruse.

See, Hotaru was the type of ninja that liked to pretend and depending on the character she picked up, the situation would change and seeing as this wasn't an action packed mission, she knew that her go to persona would suffice. Though if push came to shove then she would most certainly lay her life on the line if needed be, hopefully it wouldn't have to come to that.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:34 am

Tobikiri joyfully grabbed his part of the rations and just kind of calmly began eating them as he listened to what Sou had to say, though it wasn't truly proper for someone to chew and talk at the same time which was shameful of the man and yet the young boy did not care to speak up about such a thing and instead just remained silent as he chowed down and continued to take in both his words and Yoho's.

That being said Yoho's words where definitely not as inspiring and sounded rather uncouth, whereas at least their leader's words held wisdom and some refinement (even if his speaking actions didn't).
"What kind of team even was this anyway?" the boy couldn't help but ponder to himself as he listened on.
"Ah whatevs dude, if you think that's best then sure. Ha! Though I'm not sure what political stuffs I can even like do, though like I have totes like seen dad fill out forms and stuff and learned a few bits on paperwork" he then jovially went on to say

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 pm

"Consider this a learning experience then. Not all missions will require throwing around flashy ninjutsu or getting into a brawl with an enemy. Sometimes a goal can be accomplished easier with a little subtlety and tact." Sou frowned at the pair of them, wondering exactly how it was that either were even ninja. A kid who was too busy trying to act cool to understand the world around him and a halfwit that tripped over his own feet. Taking a breath, he ignored his urge to tell them both to go back to the village. It would be easier, faster, and safer if he were to do this alone. But that wasn't the mission he had been given and he wasn't about to belay orders just for his own peace of mind.

Finishing up his food, Sou tossed the evidence of it into the fire and watched it burn. The dancing flames swallowed the packaging greedily and the flames grew brighter for a moment. "Finish your food, get some rest. I want to be moving before first light."
OoCShow
Someone else feel free to pick up the reins on this because the lack of input from anyone else is making it hard for me to find any desire to post.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:42 am

Yoho chuckled as he prepared his meal, he would fumble yet assist anyone who needed help. Once he would finish his meal he would offer to take the first shift, seeing as that even though they were on safe grounds, one could't be too careful. "Listen, I could do us all a solid and take the first shift, that way you can rest up and be ready for the next day." Yoho grinned as he tilted his head.

If they agreed upon him taking the first shift, he would make sure that the fire was alive and that the perimeter was secured. This alone time gave Hotaru the time to realize that she wasn't really the best at setting up a safe space for others, she had been so used to travelling alone that she had almost forgotten how to do this. She sighed and continued to walk around the camp, wondering if this was the type of life style that Hayate envisioned-Though certainly that she would present herself to them as Hotaru and not as Yoho-for her, or if this was all her own doing. Another sigh escaped her lips, the weight of not being herself could be straining from time to time but she knew that it was better this way. She just didn't trust anyone enough to show them her true self, save for her family... and Sou.

What they didn't know was that a large crowd was gathering to discuss their matters at hand, how they would discover them was left in the air but one thing was clear. If they kept going this path then they would eventually have to deal with something they aren't prepared for. Diplomatic missions were tricky, for the only reason they want to come to an agreement is to avoid blood shed, but the messenger was always the one standing inches away from the enemy.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

WrightJustice

Re: Just an Ordinary Mission, Right?

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:56 am

OOCShow
Wasn't sure there was a point to posting even after asking some time ago now if we can somehow continue without Sanjuro but I figure since we got back into posting for catacombs then we can try and do this too.
Maybe we can get someone else to somehow take over Sanj? Like making up a reason Sou had to go back and then their char takes the lead or something?
Tobikiri calmly nodded to both of his superiors as they spoke for it made sense what Sou had said about different missions and different requirements to fill, plus it was always graceful to accept others's offers and so he would let the doofus take first watch as requested.
"Seems good to me, yeah" the boy replied in a rather chill manner before digging into his food and then going to sleep, ready to wake up when it was his turn to keep a lookout and maintain the camp.

Then again the young lad actually had to get up in the middle of his sleep due to certain bodily functions which led him to a seemingly out of sight area, whereupon arriving he would then begin to relieve himself though for a surprisingly long time that would possibly worry the camp lookout.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 am

Yoho cracked his neck and fought through the cold, his eyes were weary and the stress of not sleeping was starting to get to him. Had it not been for the branch cracking then he wouldn't even have noticed that Tobikiri was up and about. Yoho rushed towards the sound as he believed something was up, but what he should've realized was that he was probably just urinating. He stopped a couple of yards away and turned around as "she" hadn't seen a the opposite sex's equipment before and began to blush, Yoho knew that he couldn't pretend that he hadn't though and chose to stand guard.

Before he was able to speak with his team-mate though, he heard what sounded like someone landing on a branch, though the feint noise got her to panic. Yoho's eyes darted towards the sound, if it were not for his fast reflexes then he was certain that death would be his end destination. The three kunai's were met with his own three senbon, he leaped backwards and slid a couple of yards before silence covered the area once again. He peered around to see if he could find the hidden assailant but failed to find anyone, and it didn't take long for him to realize that Tobikiri hadn't responded, which got him to panic.

He turned around to see if he could find the genin but found nothing, he cursed under his breath. He couldn't believe that Tobikiri was missing, he started searching for tracks before he ran towards their camp, to his surprise Sou was nowhere to be found before he rushed after the tracks left by the kidnappers. He tried to follow the tracks and keep an eye out for the enemies as he couldn't afford to die here, especially now that the Genin had gone missing.

JutsuShow
D-Rank Maneuver Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 10 Taijutsu
After training for hours on end the user has mastered the technique to hand and throw three Kunai/Shuriken/Senbon with one arm at ease. They wont effect the speed/strength or aim.

Clash
D-Rank Discipline Taijutsu
Prereq: 10 Taijutsu.
After training for hours on end the user has mastered the technique be able to toss a kunai/shuriken/senbon at an incoming projectile and change it's trajectory (If the users Taijutsu is high enough and strength is within 3 limit).
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 am

Tobikiri was still very sleepy and didn't fully register that Yoho has followed him as any person on watch might at least not at first, as such it took a short moment to realise the supposed boy was nearby but the sleepyhead did kind of instinctively turn slightly more away with his business paused in shyness for it was one thing he did not like to do in front of others.

As the genin was becoming a bit more aware he had to focus hard on relieving himself once more as he blocked out the idea he was being watched but in turn that did not help when a bit of rustling occurred overhead, unfortunately grabbing the attention of the one on guard but nonetheless the attacks where quick to change their plans for they only really needed one of them to gain a profit and so one of the womanly figures distracted Yoho with a kunai attack whilst the other dropped down on the still half asleep Arashiyama with great force.

With their target swiftly taken down the duo dashed off almost as fast as they appeared with no regard for any pieces of falling clothing, of which the boy's pants began to slowly wriggle lose as he was carried over the burly woman's shoulder with great abandon as the sleek and athletic distraction continued to dash through the tree tops after attacking the embarrassed disguised girl.

After a short moment the dazed, captured boy came to his senses and simply saw the area they where camping at fading in the far distance before noticing his pants slipping which caused him to try and grab them and hold them up before thinking calmly to try and get out of his captor's hands as he wriggled and tried to perform handseals only for the hulking woman to crush down on his back, in turn freezing him in pain for a moment until he slowly began to try once more but this time a small male figure came flying out of nowhere and performed something akin to a karate chop right on top of his head to knock him out.
"That should stop the poor fool" a squeaky toned voice spoke up from the man as he stepped out before the two ladies "Is this the only one?" he then questioned, pushing his glasses further up his nose.
"Hahahahaha, yes, there was a problem but we think we got the best prize of the lot" the skinny lady said in a laughing tone as she came down from the trees and started to repeatedly smack the top of the boy's head.
"Well lets hurry, also at least give him a bit of decency" the man then replied all serious like to which the hulking woman nodded and fixed up her prey's pants before rushing onward toward their secret hideout cabin where a couple others would be waiting on standby oblivious to any footprints they where leaving behind at this point.

Return to “Lightning Empire”