[Open]Edge of Lightning Country

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:14 am

Maido approached the edge. Each and every one of her followers. Her friends across the nations. Across the borders. She summoned them all. Within four hundred meters, all of her friends and followers and disciples. She would conquer Kumo first, noone could stop her. She knew it was true, it wasn't an offer. She came in peace, but it was an appropriation. There was a war? Step back. Maido had launched her own nation. She would give Kumo the bodies first, give them a week to retort. "Send a message, in the name of peace, I wish to consort." She instructed a disciple. She sent it to Cros, an Ishiguro in exile.

"As you wish, my Master." Cros said so willingly. Maido's ideals had at first been quite chilling. Now that she'd seen it? Oh, she didn't quite mean it. She loved Maido dearly, and idolized her so; In Ishiguro's eyes, Maido was evil, terrible, yet great. She pledged loyalty to none, though recognizing a god. A moon goddess mate mortal, and avatar of Fall. Leaves and snow stirred into the night, the Canceling Witch brought her blade to the light. A reverse sickle with a shorter handle, a gift from dear Maido which glinted with antlers. Black and red blade with blood and obsidian, Ishiguro, Cros, added her own just to fit in. Denjiton now ran the length of the blade. Ishuguro safe zone technique, a World Wrecker, bitches get slayed. Null grey sheens suddenly danced along her shell, her body, her torso, her blade, straight from hell.

Gauntled adorned her, her clones did it too, she summoned and chanted, and boiled a brew. Clones sprung from out her, and one stayed with Maido. They walked over the border, and began to take notes. The Kumogakure invasion had begun, was Cros'' firt thought. But no, not quite. Cros would make the first stand. Was Maido friend? Was she foe? It was hard to say. Cros withdrew her blade and pointed it towards her. Here on the outskirts, it was most unquestionable and bizarre. For someone from Kiri to have made it this far? Cros would defend her country with honor. For her family, her village, for all of those in the Armour. She swung with left, then again with a right. Her blade cut through air, a knife in the night.

Maido cared not, and summoned some clones of her own. They shot office like rockets, and made themselves at home. One she sent off in each cardinal direction, Maido at the back, and she began the infection. She watched as her clones performed various tasks, while she herself stayed in the back and just laughed. A large sanguine mist enveloped her person, four hundred meters, it encroached and it worsened. Within this red mist, not a soul stood a chance. Against the blood witch, it was a life and deaths dance. She toiled and chanted and performed all the seal'; To Ishiguro, Cros, it appeared most unreal.

Cros entered the mist with most hesitation. What should she do? She was filled with frustration. Her clones went in first, acting as scout and commando. A scream and a shout, then silenced in Shambles. Cros drew her breathe. And began to form seals. A red mist before her, the legendary were real. Even in exile, in Kumo no doubt, the appearance was legend, Maido was en route. A large red menace, at four hundred meters. To Ishiguro Cros, it appeared sanguine demons. Cros began to do seals, calling forth upon lightning, and wind, and spite, and a power most frightening. From within her hands, she brought forth a boom. A wild blast of chakra, a shinobi's doom. Denjiton aura blasted out from her heart. A good long wide radius, it broke through the dark. Maido's mist disappeared, but only up to a range. From forty five meters, the world around Cros was changed. Maido gave her a note, she sent it by hand.

Cros read it over, taking in the message. Committing it to heart, a goddesses visage. She read it over twice, no, make it thrice. This dark santa's claws could be naughty or nice.

"I have recovered the dead bodies of some of your defectors and bring them to you in an offering of peace. - Muramasa, Maido - Former/Current/That's a real gray area Kirigakure Bannin

Take this to your Raikage. It was a pleasure to meet you."

-Kintsugi

The letter was nice, the red ink was fresh. Calligraphic, even, from Maido's hand. Cros looked up from her post, and gazed at the goddess. A beautiful red wolf, emblazing and honest. It was direct, and straight forward, yet courteous too. To beat around the bush when primal, it just would not do. She took the note in hand and summoned familiars. "Take this to Hayate, he'll find this peculiar." Her little white dove did grab the note yet, and back towards the village that little bird set. It soared and it glided and it got a nice view, her carrier dove flew right out of her view. It tore through the mists and it tore through the clouds, it shot off like a rocket and it moved as though proud. Embellished in down feathers and white as the snow, the dove flew swiftly towards the great stormy beyond. Towards the village it went, a note in its beak. Through the tunnels and trees and all through the rafters, through windows and libraries it raced through the chapters. It made it way straight to the Raikage's office. It stopped just before him, and chimed a light note. A delivery for him from Ishiguro, Cros, at the edge of lightning country. Respond immediately. Attached to it, was Maido's own note.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Mon May 02, 2022 10:07 pm

Chiaki was good at one thing and one thing only it would seem, and that was being in the exact wrong place at the exact wrong time. She was told that she was a very good strategist by the people she had done missions with, and was told that she was a burgeoning medical kunoichi with an eye for what needed to be done with medical procedures, but she had the worst luck. It wasn’t even a contest with anyone else in the temple.

If there was a chance to get lost, Chiaki would. If there was a chance to stumble and fall down the side of a mountain and end up in a river, Chiaki did. If there was a chance of getting hit in the face by a cob-web, Chiaki was at the exact right height to do so.

All of these things made it so that when Kyoukan Chiaki was surrounded by a red mist she sighed, closing her eyes and massaging the bridge of her nose with her index finger and thumb. Of course it was her that would be enveloped in some sort of jutsu from what was probably another nation’s ninja.

“Alright!” Chiaki lifted her hands in supplication to the unknown shinobi that had conjured the red mist, “I am out here for herb gathering and come in peace. I am part of the Kyoukan clan, and do not wish you any harm. I am a pacifist at heart-cha.” She tucked her headband out of sight before continuing to talk, hoping that the enemy had not seen the glint of it before she had done so, “I am passing through looking for the herbs calendula, Hazel, and Thyme for more poultices that I can use for dressing wounds. If you or yours have any wounds on your persons, I can also try to treat them in exchange for my safety-cha.”

Her voice carried in the red haze for a while, and she waited with bated breath for an answer. She dared not move more than she had to. “I am going to lay down my staff to show that I mean you no harm, along with my pack-cha.” She moved slowly to put her pack down along with her staff. Her backpack now rested on top of her Kumogakure forehead protector. It would not do to die here if she could help it, as she had a duty to the whole of Kumogakure, and not just the village hidden in the clouds, but all of the lightning country to heal their wounds.

She was about as far from a combatant Kunoichi as could be, and here she was, like a mouse in a snake’s trap. She knew that she was outmatched since she couldn’t sense the person around her, nor did she have a sense of the direction of the jutsu that spewed the red fog. It was instinctual, and she hoped for her sake that the person that hadn’t used a jutsu to maim her or kill her already would be up to bargain for her life at worst, or her safety and freedom at best.

She had a couple of items that might be of value to another ninja, but relatively little in the way of travelling coin, or anything useful of material value.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun May 08, 2022 5:21 pm

The birds left when Ishiguro Cros began to channel her chakra. The other Ishiguro clan members that were nearby immediately retreated, getting as far away from Cros as they could with what little warning she had given to them. Standing in the red mist, Cros had had enough. She wasn't going to take orders from an outsider and have to deal with their fog. One or the other was enough for the day. Cros watched as Maido smiled, tossing another corpse towards Cros before transforming into a large red wolf. "Care to dance?" Maido asked Cros loudly. The others became visibly uneasy.

To the young Chiaki that had recently joined their fray, Ishiguro, Cros, had only a short warning for her. "I wouldn't trust that blood witch if my life depended on it, stay far behind me and distance yourself from then or she is likely to turn on you like the snake she is and bite you." Cros said pointedly, her words carving acidic venom through the air. Finally, she unleashed her blade from its sheathe, and simultaneously released a large buildup of denjiton chakra outwards from her body. It hit the air and visibly twisted and distorted it, spiraling outwards in a large manner from Cros' body. The red mist that had reached into lightning country immediately dispelled, being blasted violently backwards from which it came and removed from the face of the planet entirely. Around Cros, all chakra ceased to function properly. Doujutsu stopped working, puppets fell to the ground. Jutsu were immediately canceled, and that was that. There was no chakra there, not that could be accessed by anyone or anything. Cros had nullified it.

With her sword in hand, she walked past Chiaki. "If you don't mind, help me gather the dead, please, I am getting a little old." She continued her paces, and grabbed the first of the bodies, but avoiding eye contact with Maido the wolf as she did so.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon May 09, 2022 9:46 pm

Chiaki couldn’t see shift within the mist, much less ‘keep behind’ the voice that was disembodied. But she assumed that since it was muffled and coming from her left that if she ducked down she would be out of the way enough to not get hit by any errant jutsu.

What a day, what a day, what a day!

Finally, the red mist repelled, she noticed that she was, fortuitously, behind this person who was waving around her sword and sending denjiton chakra out from her body.

Chiaki then could feel something alien to her altogether. She was cut off from chakra. No jutsu, no sensing, no being able to even have that tingle on the back of her arms, like you get when you’re about to bump into someone or when someone’s staring at the back of your head, or when someone is actively looking for you and you can’t seem to dodge them. That feeling was just -poof- gone.

The person walked past Chiaki and asked her to help gather the dead? The dead. She hadn’t seen any dead bo-

Then she looked around at the field littered with corpses. “I ah, sure-cha?” She said shakily getting up on one knee and then going about trying to pull the corpses into a neat pile. It was hard work, as she had about the strength of a normal 21 year old girl, who hadn’t really exercised or anything.

She hoped against hope that they would just let her on her way, and that this would all be forgotten, but then she had the mistake of trying to be conversational while she worked.

“So uh, who are you two anyhow-cha?” She asked mindlessly, as she pulled another corpse into the neat pile she had already made of three other corpses. Where in the gods had they all come from? And where had that wolf come from as well? She had seen the Ote brat, Ren, turn into a wolf before, but she had the sneaky suspicion that his was a pale imitation of this wolf.
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri May 13, 2022 9:06 pm

Who where they? Cros laughed. Not necessarily rudely, but certainly loudly. "Don't group me in with the witch, she is from the mist and does not belong here. I am not her associate, she is a menace to society and is not to be trusted. That said, I certainly appreciate your help... I am Ishiguro, Cros, and I am supposed to be retired... I moved all the way out here to live a peaceful life and I don't particularly welcome this intrusion from the blood witch." She looked towards Chiaki for a moment and made direct eye contact with her, "Muramasa, Maido is an incredibly powerful and dangerous shinobi. She is unpredictable, erratic, and easily agitated. She can manipulate your blood from incredibly far away. If you step outside the perimeter of my jutsu I can almost guarantee you will immediately lose control of your body, or worse."

To Cros' delight, the stranger from Kumogakure that she didn't recognize was a shinobi and was willing, even if reluctantly so, to help out with the obnoxious task that had been presented to them by Maido of the mists. Unwarranted, unwanted, and unbecoming, Maido had certainly made a show of her appearance at the edge of lightning country. She was surprised at how easily the old lady before her had removed her red mists and so curiously she walked around the perimeter of Cros' jutsu and examined it carefully. "Interesting." Maido said outloud in an incredibly deep male voice. Hisayo and Kayoko exchanged nervous glances. It had been some time since they'd heard the wolf properly.

Maido stepped over the edge of the border and walked further around the perimeter of Cros' jutsu but immediately recoiled as Cros took a step forwards and caused the perimeter of Denjiton to move with her. "Oh that's not nice at all." Said Maido loudly enough for everyone around to hear. "Come on, I just want to talk, really." She added and began to channel chakra. A large red tendril erupted from her face, shooting outwards and lashing at the chakra dead zone to see what would happen. Immediately, Maido lost the ability to manipulate the tendril once it went into the area and her chakra was removed from it, instead becoming just loose blood that fell to the ground, cut off perfectly where the perimeter of denjiton began. "I see." Maido channeled chakra again and transformed back into a human, a human with pale skin, bright red eyes, and snow white hair. She didn't look intimidating at all until she reached into her own chest and ripped out what appeared to be a large, heart-sized ruby. She stared at it for a moment and then shrugged, tossing it into the chakra dead zone.

Cros raised an eyebrow. Was Maido testing her jutsu? Did she just rip her own heart out? She watched as Maido tossed the core into the zone and it just fell to the ground and accomplished absolutely nothing. Cros continued collecting the dead, causing the perimeter of denjiton around her to move about the forest as she did so. The other Kumogakure shinobi that had arrived to deal with Maido's presence helped as well. Finally, the task was done, and yet, Cros noticed that Maido was unfortunately still present. "What do you want Witch?" Cros asked loudly, and lowered the range of her chakra dead zone technique, allowing Maido to draw closer to her in order to have a more proper conversation.

Maido walked all the way up to the edge of the denjiton and sat down cross-legged on the forest floor. Hisayo and Kayoko followed behind, sitting on either side of Maido. "A lot has happened in the last few weeks...I am no longer affiliated with the mist, or those bodies would instead have been turned into my puppets and not instead given to you as a peace offering. I can't believe you let me beat you to the Ishiguro." She said with a hearty laugh, gesturing towards the one body she had known to possess Denjiton in the group of them.

Maido's attention turned suddenly to Chiaki. "You look like you are in over your head here. What brings you this far away from the village?" When Maido asked Chiaki, Cros began to feel sick to her stomach. Something wasn't right, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Hisayo squinted at Chiaki for a moment. "You could do it to that one." She said quietly. Kayoko giggled. "No, that jutsu coming out of Cros' asshole won't let her get close. If we walk into that zone Hisayo, we will immediately lose control of our bodies and not in the good, Maido sort of way." Kayoko said to her and Maido agreed. "Denjiton can be a hell of a drug." Maido added. "Remember my sword?"
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Fri May 13, 2022 11:54 pm

Chiaki nodded at Cros and looked outside at the wolf, “so that’s a her hmm?” Chiaki looked at one of the dead bodies. Nameless faceless people who had died somehow mysteriously in some way that she couldn’t identify. At least not yet. Perhaps a poison?

“Blood witch?” She stopped with a dead body’s arm lifted over her shoulder, the head lolling away from her almost comically. It stirred some memory in her, a primal fear, but perhaps it was just a wive’s tale? “I am from the temple not ten kilometers from here-cha.” she looked out at the wolf outside the barrier as she prowled.

“She can talk hmm? Fascinating.” Chiaki dropped the body in the pile and shirked her duty for the time being. The dead could wait for a bit while she stayed in the protective jutsu that Cros boasted of. She moved toward the wolf as a tendril shot out and made a cursory prodding into the jutsu. Chiaki jumped back and scowled at the wolf as the tendril dropped to the ground, inert.

Then the wolf turned into a woman and Chiaki considered the woman, “Ah an illusion then, I was wondering how you were talking without the correct hyoid bone to speak in the human tongue-cha.” she looked from within the barrier to where the woman threw her heart, a huge ruby. Perhaps a bomb of some sort. Chiaki wove some hand seals and… nothing. She was completely cut off. It was strange not being able to use her jutsu, and she felt… naked? The zone shrank and Chiaki pulled back, positioning behind Cros, and letting the two more experienced Kunoichi talk.

She added in a shrug here and there as they talked. “Interesting peace offering.” She muttered, looking to the pile of dead bodies. Chiaki gave the kunoichi a cool look, not flinching in the face of what she knew to be an overwhelming power. She was outmatched by genin in terms of speed, strength, and willpower, if she was afraid for her life every time she was outclassed, she would be in constant fear.

“I am Kyoukan Chiaki, of the temple not ten kilometers away, if you didn’t hear when I was telling my fellow Kunoichi here.” she gestured to Cros, “We are a peaceful people with ties to the village, one of our number was Raikage once, but we value peace over war, and our people lend their aid to those in need.”

She looked around her, “Sadly, it looks like there’s no one to help here-cha.” She raised her orange eyes to meet Maido’s red ones, unflinching in her gaze, she was more fascinated by the use of jutsu she hadn’t seen before, and her curiosity piqued, she asked the inevitable question. “What was that you pulled out of your chest, how did you not die, and how did your wound close so quickly?” She had recognized the blood, but not the jewel, “If I could help people be as resilient as you, I would live a peaceful life indeed. As is, my skill with medical jutsu is childs-play in the face of such talent-cha.”

Then she looked at Hisayo, “I am not really in a place to say you can’t do things to me, but I would be willing to bargain what I have for my freedom and well-being, as I stated when you all caught me quite unawares going back to my temple-cha.”
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat May 14, 2022 1:11 am

An interesting turn of events, for sure, Cros thought to herself. She decided to entertain the idea and she too sat on the forest floor, crossing her legs and sheathing her sword. "If what you say is true, Maido, then you are likely not welcome in this country. I don't particularly care what you do as long as you aren't hurting the civilians, but the Lightning Empire, I would imagine, will not allow you to reside here in any capacity. I know that the higher ups have already been informed that you are here, so, what is it that you really want?" Cros said pointedly. Her words carved through the air like knives, she made no effort to hide her distaste for the woman before her.

Maido merely waved away what Cros said and basically ignored it, being far more interested in the younger genin by her side. "No, Illusions are not my forte." Maido said sheepishly. "I am terrible at them, I always have been, that was nothing more than a step beyond your basic transformation jutsu," she had continued. "Kyoukan is a lovely surname, Chiaki," she added as well, and pulled a gourd from her bag and took a sip of alcohol. She passed it to Hisayo, whom took a drank and wretched immediately, having expected water. Kayoko burst into laughter but was quickly silenced by the dirty look Hisayo gave her. "What? It was funny!" Kayoko took a drink and then hesitantly capped the gourd and tossed it towards Cros.

Cros uncapped the gourd, took a whiff, then a small sip. "Huh...that's not so bad actually, kinda peachy." She had another sip and offered some to Chiaki as Maido spoke again. "Ah, I see. I hear that Kumogakure has spread its influence across most of the country anyway so I figured I was likely to bump into someone regardless of where I landed." Maido gestured towards her core which she had not yet retrieved and a red tendril burst out from the palm of her hand and connected to it, slinkying it backwards and into Maido's body, the core being held at the end of the tendril before slamming the core back into her chest quite violently, but leaving no wound to speak of when the process was finished.

"That would be one of my hearts." Maido said bluntly to Cros and Chiaki, and as Cros made a rather surprised face, Hisayo and Kayoko laughed at her. "Quiet." Maido said to them, and they became so immediately, looking downwards. "I did not die because, as I said it is but one of my hearts, and my body is quite....fake." Maido channeled chakra and her body melted, yes, it melted, into a puddle of blood before the group of them, staining the grass and dirt red momentarily before she pieced herself back together, taking on a solid and human appearance once more.

She turned her attention back towards Cros, "As for what I want, I want to not be bored." She said quite bluntly and shrugged. "It is hard to find new ways to amuse yourself when you're eight hundred years old."
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Sat May 14, 2022 12:16 pm

Chiaki looked at the bottled and put a hand out to pass on her turn at the bottle. She wasn't one to drink when there was a threat in front of her. She felt quite like a mouse at the moment in the midst of a couple of cats, mildly interested and disinterested with her at the same time. She settled into the mindset that she had taken at the temple, called the fifteen purifications and she was practicing all of them now to keep Maido's mind games at bay, but also keeping her guard up for this Cros woman as well. She hadn't heard of Cros, but she assumed that such a potent jutsu was dangerous, even to her allies, if she was exposed too long.

Purification number one: Purify fear. She had done this when Maido had come upon her suddenly and Cros had too, in the forest when she was surrounded by the red mist. She had assumed that it was a hostile jutsu and had purified herself of fear.

Purification number two: Purify hatred. She didn't have any hatred for any of these people, as she had just met them, so that was quite easy.
Chiaki looked at the bottled and put a hand out to pass on her turn at the bottle. She wasn't one to drink when there was a threat in front of her. She felt quite like a mouse at the moment in the midst of a couple of cats, mildly interested and disinterested with her at the same time. She settled into the mindset that she had taken at the temple, called the fifteen purifications and she was practicing all of them now to keep Maido's mind games at bay, but also keeping her guard up for this Cros woman as well. She hadn't heard of Cros, but she assumed that such a potent jutsu was dangerous, even to her allies, if she was exposed too long.

Purification number one: Purify fear. She had done this when Maido had come upon her suddenly and Cros had too, in the forest when she was surrounded by the red mist. She had assumed that it was a hostile jutsu and had purified herself of fear.

Purification number two: Purify hatred. She didn't have any hatred for any of these people, as she had just met them, so that was quite easy.

Purification number three: Purify timidity. She had to actively do this, because she felt like a mouse, and she was so overwhelmed by the power difference between her and the other two that were here. There were the two that accompanied Maido, but they seemed like a joke compared to these two crossing paths.

Purification number four: Purify illusion. This was what she had done when she walked the barrier for Cros, and when she had seen the wolf. She tried to purify her mind of the illusion that this woman was what she was not.

Purification number five: Purify your surroundings. Difficult, as they had many dead bodies around them, but she had been making sure to treat them with respect as she piled them, leaving them with their eyes closed and in positions that were unawkward, as though they would awake from sleep any moment.

Purification number six: Purify beliefs. This was different than purifying illusions, it was the purification of any belief that you had between yourself and your environment. She was attempting this between herself and Cros, as they had a natural connection to eachother both being kumogakure ninja.

Purification number seven: Purify pain. So far there was none, so skipping that she went to the next purification.

Purification number eight: Purify mind. This was also different, as it meant to purify yourself of your predetermination of any sort of thoughts you would have of someone else, or of your situation and root yourself in the ‘now.’

Purification number nine: purify heart. This was to purify yourself of any love that you had between yourself and another person so that you could speak with them as if they were equal. Usually used between lovers, she skipped this one as she didn’t have one as of yet.

Purification number ten: Purify roots: This was a purification of lust. Lusting could come in many forms, lust of the flesh, lust of imbibing, lust of food, lust of wealth, lust of power. She didn’t feel any of these things and had purified herself of this when she had made her offering of her services or her belongings in the beginning.

Purification number eleven: Purify body. This was a purification which she wasn’t able to do effectively right now as it required a bath, and to relieve herself. But it also pertained to why she didn’t accept the wine.

Purification number twelve: Purify intentions. This was a hard one to purify, but she wanted to get back in one piece. The intentions that she had for the future she would have to let go of, as she had no agency over what happened now. Either she would be protected by Cros, or this woman would do with her as she pleased.

That was when the woman retrieved the core with a tendril and stated that she had multiple hearts.

Purification number thirteen: Purify speech. One to do when you’re facing a situation where something might go wrong with your words.

“And what would you do to alleviate your boredom?” Chiaki asked, leaving off the ‘cha’ at the end. She had sank to the heart of the final two purifications and looked at Maido directly, “What can I offer you to save not only my life, but the lives of my people. A missing ninja is usually considered dangerous until proven otherwise.” She had adopted a rather flat look, a look of someone who knew what she was offering, and willing to sacrifice even herself to save the people that she lacked the power, the will, the wherewithal to save. If her ‘kill range’ was anything like what Cros said, she needed to stay within the heart of purification. She had been scared, intrigued, interested, awestruck, fascinated, and lustful of the power that the other two women possessed. But now that she had full control of her purifications, it was all gone, and she was left in the now.

Purifications fourteen and fifteen: Purification of soul, and purification of future. The purifications that we can only experience when we are faced with a weighty decision. Giving the future up to the present and purifying the soul so that your ego doesn’t get in the way of others lives. It was the basis for the Kyoukan clan. To purify yourself, so that your actions, your body wouldn’t taint others, and so that you in turn could purify others of hurt, want, and pain by taking them into an empty vessel.
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Wed May 18, 2022 6:09 pm

Truly, Cros had certainly not expected such haphazard words to come out of Chiaki's mouth, even if she didn't know Chiaki at all. Such a brazen and bold gesture was unheard of, yet here they were plain as day. "I don't think you should give Maido the time of day to be perfectly honest with you." Cros said to her quickly, her tone shifting to something a little more commandeering, perhaps even motherly. Cros was worried, and it showed just as clearly on her face as the tattoos on her arms. "People like Maido only want more," Cross added and fidgeted on the forest floor. She opened her senses and became very apparently restless, and quite obviously agitated with the situation.

Maido needed to leave, but Maido wasn't going anywhere and Cros wasn't sure what would happen to them once her jutsu ended. She figured it likely that before she could recast it, Maido could just as easily close the distance with her two companions and do basically whatever she wanted to their defenseless bodies. She became silent for a long moment. "I do hear however that Maido possesses a very unique power of turning people into immortals." She said finally. Power was power, there was no denying that. "However, I do not trust her, and I suggest you don't either."

The eldest Muramasa smiled a most wicked, sinister grin and her red eyes visibly glowed. "The two next to me have already gone through that process. I wouldn't be opposed to turning you as well, Cros, for a price." She said mockingly. "You're a little older so I'm not sure how well your mind would handle the adjustment, but I could certainly make it happen. After all, I am no longer sworn allegiance to the mist. What does it matter to me if the Lightning Empire gains a couple of immortals?" Hisayo and Kayoko exchanged glances but only Hisayo spoke up. "It was an unimaginable experience, I did it only recently myself, Kayoko did it a few years ago though."
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Wed May 18, 2022 10:14 pm

“I’m a Medical-nin Chuunin of the hidden cloud, and a rather detail oriented surgeon in training, I know what I am offering-cha.” Chiaki said shakily, determined to keep to the fifteen purifications and not let fear in. She felt like she was trembling even though it was quite temperate out for this time of year, and she was dressed appropriately. She was the center of attention and didn’t like it in the best of circumstances. Now all eyes were on her, the mouse caught between two predators.

Then Cros said something that Chiaki was very interested in, very interested indeed. The power to create ‘immortals?’ she was fascinated, curious, caught off balance, and nervous enough to just let her jaw go slack as she stared Maido up and down.

“I am very curious how one undergoes this and if it is a trait that might be passed onto… another-cha.” She faltered, thinking of her mother, thinking that she needed to obtain power, knowledge, jutsu fast. Her mother didn’t have all the time in the world, but what if Chiaki could offer it to her. Offer her mother another chance at life, another chance at doing all of the things that were now a part of her bucket list, doing all of the things that her mother had dreamed of doing and had crossed off of her bucket list in front of Chiaki with a sad smile, like watching the comet that came in fifteen years and that she would never get to see because of her congestive heart failure.

Chiaki’s focus on her purifications faltered.

Floundered.

Failed.

She looked up at Maido, and decided that she wanted what Maido would be able to offer, a chance at obtaining power to further her own purpose. She sold herself on the fact that she would be able to ‘help so many other people.’

It was all a farce.

She wanted power, she wanted to be able to control when other people died, and even ‘if’ other people died. She wanted a shortcut if she could take one to save her mother. She had been a shit shinobi so far,so why waste a golden opportunity like this?

“If you don’t hurt anyone overtly in Kumogakure no Sato for the next hundred years, or in the land of lightning excepting wounds that can heal and damage that can be reversed-cha-” She trailed off, trying to sound like she was making a deal, but really what did she have to offer? No she had to sweeten the deal to get what she wanted, didn’t even know that she wanted until now.

“If you do this, then I will go where you tell me and do what you tell me for those hundred years, as long as it does not hurt anyone in a way that I cannot reverse-cha.” She set her jaw firmly. She would weedle her mother’s treatment in somehow. The price for immortality? Perhaps her morality.
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat May 21, 2022 12:13 pm

Cros gave up, released her jutsu, and immediately just shook her head, walking away. "We are not meant to live forever and be a Maido." She said to the younger Chiaki. "Learn from it though." She said with a cheeky grin, still shaking her head as she left the scene, getting well out of harms way with the other Kumogakure Shinobi and and doing what she could with her senses open.

Maido smiled. "Well isn't that interesting?" She said, in a perfectly male voice as she brandished a polearm with seven strings attached to it. It materialized out of acid, blood, and mist, and coated her flesh and took the form of her left arm. It carved outwards in a spiral as the strings shot out towards Chiaki in a sudden attack. "Okay then little one, what can you do? I need to test you before we decide what exactly element you should inhabit."

Maido's eyes glowed red with chakra and her sensory permeated Chiaki's heart. "Hello there." She said gazing at it within Chiaki's chest, glowing red and purple with kakujutsu chakra just as all of the other Kumogakure ninja and Lightning Empire shinobi nearby did, as well as Kayoko, Hisayo, and Cros specifically, until Cros had left. Maido's tentacle arm sent out towards Chiaki, two from each side of Maido's body the size of herself, reaching at her in a quick, fluid grasping motion that writhed and rotated and notably encroached but looked incredibly dense, and somewhere between a sickly acidic green mixed with plumes of dark, blood red and reeked horribly of Iron...and a little ink. "Show me what you can do, little one." Maido said with an incredibly bored expression, immediately bringing back the tentacles and examining her nails, looking away entirely and beginning to walk to the side.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Sun May 22, 2022 12:40 pm

“Be a Maido?” She mouthed as the older jounin let go of her jutsu and walked away. She didn’t know what she meant by ‘learn from it.’ Maybe it was just her conscience weighing on her, but she felt suddenly guilty and naked beneath the gaze of Maido.

She jumped back suddenly at the attack with the polearm with seven strings attached to it. “What the---” She wove a couple of quick hand seals and a lightning armament jumped to life around her, humming with activity. She grabbed her staff next and made a couple of hand seals and the staff hummed to life as well with a very similar chakra sheathe. The Raiton: conductor was a more offensive than defensive jutsu, and Chiaki grit her teeth.

“I don’t want to fight you, but I will use my jutsu to defend myself if I have to. I have an affinity with the Raiton chakra, and the Jikiton is known to me and I am searching for a way to learn it-cha.” She wasn’t one to really attack, but she was supposed to prove herself to this ninja. Fine then.

She wove two sets of hand seals before she lashed out with her Kyoukan tether, trying to seek purchase and firing off three small bolts of raiton chakra at the older, more experienced woman with the tentacles. She knew that she was going to have to get the woman to block something before striking with her staff. If she was being asked to defend herself to show her worth, she would bear down on the woman. Chiaki was also incapable of making wounds on the woman that she wouldn’t be able to repair, so beating her until she couldn’t move would be alright as long as she healed Maido afterwards.

She swung with all her might at the woman as the Raiton chakra sped towards her.
jutsu used @ 24 strengthShow
*Raiton • Lightning Armament
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning forms near instantly and requires [Control] Strength to break. During this time, the user's physical strikes apply the Raiton shocking effect.
and
*Raiton • Conductor
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will coat a weapon they are holding in Raiton electricity for 5 posts. This causes the shock effect to be produced on any contact with a target, while also granting blunt weapons the ability to cut through skin to produce shallow wounds. This also works for thrown weapons, however if the projectile remains out of contact with the user for more than 2 posts the technique will dissipate early.
and
*Raiton • Stun Gun
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will channel Raiton chakra to two of their fingers. They will then be able to fire up to three total bullet sized balls of concentrated lightning from their fingertips. These bullets will travel at [Control] speed, but will not have any physical force. Instead, they will apply light electrical burns similar to a sun burn and will apply Raiton's shocking effect.
~Tenketsu Tethering: Link Up II
C-Rank Ninjutsu/Iijutsu
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will make fire off a pink wisp of chakra from themselves at a target at a speed of [Control] and up to [Control] meters away. If contact is made, a tether will form. This tether can stretch up to [Control] x 2 meters and lasts for [Control]/5 posts. When stretched further than this range, the tether remains but will be unusable as a medium for tether techniques.
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:59 am

Maido's arm wretched and spewed more sickly red and green mists, condensing thicker and thicker until it became as close to solid as she could muster it to be. It exited her arm, and she grabbed it out of the air with her other hand, whipping the strings around and causing them to recoil back into the polearm itself, disappearing entirely as though they had never even been there to begin with. She jumped backwards, high into the sky and several meters away from Chiaki as she fired the bolts of raiton at her, she leapt to the right, then to the left, then finally just launched the polearm directly at Chiaki like a Javelin of sorts, sending the mass of acidic chiton mist directly at her feet.

If, for whatever reason, Chiaki moved into it, it would surely begin to seep acid into her body, but Maido's intended trajectory was just the ground by Chiaki's feet. Either way, whatever the polearm hit, it would immediately disperse and begin to kick up a violent fog of acidic blood mist around the spot, spreading out and encroaching over the area quite quickly as the acid began to eat away at the forest. "Raiton hm?" Maido's eyes began to visibly channel with chakra and she began to examine Chiaki with her sensory jutsu. "What else do you have up your sleeves then?" She asked as she continued to slowly but surely bait and lead Chiaki away from the Lightning Empire. Over the course of their little skirmish, Maido positioned herself further and further away from Lightning Country.

She landed in a tree, looking down at Chiaki below and she performed hand seals, causing two thirty meter long blood red rods to appear in each of her hands. She swung them, one after the other at Chiaki, a combination flowing strike that came from Chiaki's left, then Chiaki's right, but was not delivered terribly fast or hard. Maido was testing her, to see how she dealt with being swung at with melee weapons with great range. To her credit, Maido did maneuver the rods very quickly, though it was a notable difference in speed when she was going to actually make a strike. It was obvious that she was toying with her, and that she did not actually want the girl to be killed in all this.

†Wurmcoil Rods
C-Ranked Acid Chiton Ninjutsu
Channeling Chakra, Maido will create two rods made of chiton and acid in each of her hands, up to 30 meters in length each, for up to 3 posts with an effective durability of her control. When used to strike, the rods will produce a spray up to 15 meters out in a cone of acid and when broken or expired will regenerate once, then lasting for 3 more posts.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:28 pm

Chiaki didn’t have time to move, she knew it, and when the polearm was headed towards her feet, which meant that it was meant to disable her in some way. Maybe she could disable the disabling effect with one of her own. She wove her hand seals and touched the ground. She herself was surrounded by the raiton armor which had leapt up at her command. She was a bit put out that she had her technique dodged so easily. She wasn’t going to be able to hit the woman without a bit of tactics then.

The polearm erupted at her feet and some of it was burned away by the Raiton, but the rest of it exploded around her, burning her with the acidic properties of the jutsu. She couldn’t stay there, and she couldn’t retreat. Maido had too much going for her, so she would have to figure out a way to land a blow and perhaps paralyze her for a short time.

She clenched her teeth as the polearms came close to her. She wove her hand seals and picked a rather large rock to the right of the tree that Maido was in, it would be behind Maido a bit, perhaps out of the periphery of the older, and more experienced Ninja. She looked, however, like she was Chiaki’s same age. That was a bit disconcerting.

Chiaki’s side burned, and she didn’t have time to look at it, but noticed that the raiton armor that she had put up around her was completely gone, which meant that she was rather naked to an attack by her opponent in the event that she would be hit again. Still, without the screaming lightning armor around her, she was harder to detect by sound, so she had that going for her.

Chiaki wove one more set of hand-seals and pointed two fingers at her opponent, firing off a bolt, and then, without even seeing if it hit, she wove another set of hand seals, reaching towards Maido, who was now only three or so meters away from her and made to grab one of the swords that she saw on Maido’s hip. The thought was: to keep the woman there as the bolt screamed towards her. She yanked towards the bolt of lightning and jumped towards Maido after she had a good grip of her weapon.

Maido wanted to see what a chuunin of the hidden cloud had in her repertoire? She would certainly try her best. She wanted to prove that she was worth taking as an apprentice, that she was worth Maido’s attention.

Jutsu used @ 24 strengthShow
*Raiton • Voltaic Zone
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will seep Raiton chakra in an area around them with a 25m diameter. This will produce an electric current on the ground in this area visible as crackling lightning on the surface. Any other than the user who step into this zone will have the shocking effect applied and their legs will sustain [Control] Strength shocks. This current lasts 3 posts, while it ends immediately if the user leaves the area.
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
*[Basic Jutsu • Change of Body Stance Technique]
After completing the necessary handseals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with a nearby object that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body. This substitution allows the object to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. The object used in this jutsu may not be objects that are imbued with chakra or controlled by it, and they may also only be single, solid objects within a 10 meter radius of the user. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.
*Raiton • Bright Bolt
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will extend two fingers toward a target. A bolt of lightning will jump up to 10 meters from their fingers at [24] Speed and Strength.
*Jikiton • Draw
D-Ranked Jikiton Jutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will reach toward a metallic or magnetized object within 10 metres of the user. The target will be drawn to the user at [24] speed, but can be held in place with [24] strength.
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:19 pm

The change of body stance occured and Maido merely turned and stared directly at her anyway, her sensory jutsu permeating the area and revealing Chiaki's new location instantly within her mind's eye. Maido swore under her breath, she was getting more taxed on her chakra pools with every passing moment, but she continued onwards anyway. She raised an eyebrow as Chiaki advanced towards her and for a laugh she just stood there with the most bored expression on her face and allowed the raiton blast to clip her side, and even allowed the girl to steal her sword, channeling chakra as Chiaka reached for the sword. "If this touches you your body is forfeit to my will." She said simply.

The sword left Maido's body and twelve tendrils of sickly acidic chiton shot out from Maido's body, flowing around the area and circling around Chiaki, surrounding her from ever direction. Two tendrils went for her legs, attempting to wrap around her ankles and trip her. Two other tendrils went for her arms, attempting to pull them parallel to the ground and at a nice right angle with her torso. Two more tendrils reached specifically for her medical bag and staff, attempting to wrangle them away from her and two other tendrils slapped at her face. Two of the tendrils also moved to retrieve Maido's sword, and the last two tendrils attempted to merely impale themselves directly into the girls torso, one from the front and one from behind, careful to avoid hitting anything terribly vital.

Maido merely stood there and did nothing, waiting to see whether or not Chiaki was fast enough to fend off all twelve of her tendrils in such a short time, based on her sensory analysis, she had her doubts, but it was a fun experiment to try out in any case. Should Chiaki fail, Maido would not only have restricted her body and stolen Chiaki's equipment, but she would have complete and total full control over Chiaki's bodily movement as soon as any one of the tendrils infiltrated her body with its acidic chiton presence.

Hisayo and Kayoko merely shook their heads and looked away, knowing that this meant the fight was over and not particularly wanting to see whatever awful thing Maido was about to do to the poor girl.

†Hell Octopus Spider: Shinjiro's Recluse
B-Ranked Acid Chiton Ninjutsu
Maido will channel chakra or perform hand seals and then cause a number of tendril at her discretion based on puppeteering rules up to 12 at S-Rank to be made of incredibly compressed acidic chiton mist with tendrils in diameter at most equal to Maido's body size at the time of casting the technique in the shape of octopus tendrils to shoot out from either herself or a target that has breathed in her blood mist within 60 meters of herself. The tendrils can move up to 60 meters from Maido and have up to her control strength and speed. Any target touched by this sensation will be enveloped and begin to melt, seeping into its entity and allowing Maido to have full movement over that part of it unless it can be resisted with at least strength greater than her control, but will take continuous Acid Damage for every post that any tendril touches them, scaling up the damage table with every continuous exposure. The tendrils will regenerate and encroach actively and when damaged.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Return to “Lightning Empire”