[Closed] Are you my Rescue?

Izanagi & Katya

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:30 pm

It had been a long day of patrolling, following rumors and half-baked reports. Arashiyama Etsuko was wandering an area in Southern Lightning Empire, she was wearing her usual outfit consisting of dark blue trousers with a thick belt, tucked into boots that come halfway up her calf. In addition she was wearing a dark blue long sleeved kimono cardigan, unbuttoned and open showing off the golden sports bra underneath, with golden kanji down either sleeve and down the back all bearing variations of her nickname, "Taiyo Odoriko" and her name. She wore a simple forehead protector with the Kumo symbol tied onto her forehead. Her patrol had begun with rumors of some famous sword reappearing at a statue, which had left her both annoyed and skeptical to be out and looking. But it continued as she had heard through the Link Seal she shared with her team about a Kiri shinobi being seen injured and escaping by sea, and a Kumo Genin being recovered after taking a nasty fall.

Now she was out here looking for... She had no idea. She was simply patrolling as ordered to make sure there was no one or nothing else. At some point she spied movement up ahead and started channeling chakra to her hand, storm chakra crackling across her finger tips as she called out. "You there! Halt!" She kicked off the ground and into a tree, jumping to the next two to get in front of the person she saw and suddenly drop down a few meters in front of them.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Takeshi clutched at his chest as he hobbled away from the battle, his left hand held firmly onto the hilt of the sword he had claimed. His eyelids were heavy, his breathing coming in as sputtering gasps and wet wheezing as his one working lung struggled to compensate for his right lung that had collapsed. A lancing pain surged across his chest with every breath as his broken ribs were jostled but still he forced himself to keep pressure. He attempted to channel chakra, forming only a miniscule layer, hoping to create a barrier so that he could re-inflate his lung with carefully controlled Fuuton ninjutsu.

But with every effort his legs only wobbled further, and his vision grew hazier. His chakra reserves were almost entirely depleted. No matter how much he tried to force it out, his body was simply at its limit. Though his legs still moved, and he managed to will himself forward. His mind was of his family, being able to see his parents and his siblings again, especially Kaori. He couldn’t leave her. He had to keep moving, find help, one foot in front of the other. Pressure on his wound. Anything he could do to stay alive and keep fighting. He was moving west still, chasing the sun as it set. Behind those distant mountains were forests, his home, bathing in the suns fleeting rays of warmth.

For all he knew the man was still hunting him. His adversary had been seemed to be defeated, but he hadn’t the strength left to even finish him off. And even if he could the truth was he was terrified of the man. His body surged with adrenaline, but he still couldn’t shake the feeling that that man would keep hunting him and kill him at any cost. He had seemed so fearless and relentless. Though his attacker was dressed all in black, just as Takeshi, he hadn’t worn a forehead protector of any kind, unlike the young Hyuuga. Still, he knew intuitively that he had to have been from Kiri. Such training and composure, that killing intent. He had to be. ‘I won’t die. Not today. I’m coming home Kaori’ he repeated in his mind over and over, even as he wheezed and coughed on mouthfuls of blood. At this point he couldn’t see at all, he wasn’t sure if his eyes were even open or closed. But still his feet moved, he couldn’t feel much beyond the jostling of each step and the way his body stumbled and swayed and the pressure against his chest.

Somewhere in his mind he heard a voice, a female voice. “Help. Please” he managed to sputter. He didn’t know who this person was or even where he was anymore. How long had it been, minutes? Hours? A day? Was he back in Fire country already? Was the voice Kaori? Or maybe his mother? Whatever the case he felt a sudden surge of hope. He was being saved; it was going to be okay. He had to believe that. But even still he kept moving, now toward the voice as well as home. His clothes were torn and scorched here and there from an explosive tag detonating near his back and his body was scraped and bloody in many places, but the piercing wound in his chest seemed to be the only critical wound, lethal if left untreated. Without intervention it was unlikely he would survive another hour.

580/550 Endurance Training

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:42 am

When she dropped down in front of him she was shocked at what she could see. While the way he trudged forward slowly almost like a zombie surprised her, the blood, the marks on his clothing, all of it weren't quite what she expected to see, none of them were exactly surprising considering the reports they had already received. However, he was young. She dispelled the chakra she had been channeling quickly and closed the gap between them. "Easy now, kid, I got you." He was only about five inches shorter than her, but given his state it wasn't difficult for her to quickly take him off his feet and scoop him into her arms. She didn't care much about getting blood on her clothes. "Hold on now, I got you." It wasn't the first time she had come across someone in such a state, and it likely wouldn't be the last. Her mind would later remember Shizune, but in this moment she held the boy from Konoha in her arms and took off quickly for a clearing she had passed not too far back.

It only took a few minutes to get there. She wasn't the fastest person out there, nor the strongest, but he didn't seem that heavy and she was a Jounin after all. She got to the clearing and laid him down carefully, quickly pulling off her cardigan and tucking it under his head to keep him propped up. It was then that she finally noticed the symbol on his headband as she set the bag she had with her beside her. "Just hang on there, kid... why don't you try telling me your name, huh?" she asked as she quickly set to removing what he wore around the most obvious of his wounds. Her hands moved quickly into seals, glowing green with Iijutsu before she placed them on his chest. Her eyes seemed to focus on nothing briefly as she started muttering under her breath, listing his various injuries before digging through her bag.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:12 pm

He didn’t hear the woman’s reassurance so much as he felt it as he collapsed into her arms. The boy’s hands shook, his face nearly as pale as his eyes, and his long dark hair sprawled messily over his shoulders. Takeshi was vaguely aware of rapid movement, taking him further away from his assailant. But being carried in such a way only made breathing more difficult, his right lung filling with blood as he gasped and wheezed, naturally trying to turn himself toward his right side to let the blood drain, though he still couldn’t breathe from that lung. Slowly his eyes flittered to focus, though lacking any truly distinctive pupils it would be difficult to tell. He fought to stay awake, the comfort of sleep called to him. It would be so easy to drift away and not have to worry about the struggle to breathe and the lancing pain. But some part of him knew that if he drifted off he might not wake again.

Without the motion of walking to keep his body actively moving and awake it was difficult to keep himself conscious. But he focused on what he could, whatever strained breathing he could manage, the sensation of pain, the warmth of the woman holding him, the sound of her voice. She set him down and propped him up against a tree and he found he was better able to maintain a slow, shallow breathing that didn’t hurt quite as much. He was lucid enough to hear her voice clearly now, and her face began to take shape, blurry but he could make it out. “Ta…” he coughed a mouthful of blood, doubling over and wheezing as he slowly moved his hand, blood seeping through his fingers. He hoped she could drain the blood in his lung, close the wound and re-inflate it somehow. At least then he would be stabilized, but for the moment he just tried to focus on saying his own name. “Ta..ke…shi” he managed.

He noticed the soft green glow of IIjutsu and smiled softly as he leaned his head back against the cardigan she had used as padding. It seemed he had been fortunate, someone with medical training had happened to be in the area. A kumo shinobi most likely. He had willed himself to believe he would survive, pushed his body, and he was still continuing to fight. To stay awake to breath despite the pain. And to regain a sense of clarity in his foggy mind and blurred vision. After all, he wasn’t an ordinary Genin, he was a member of an elite training program and the son of two of Konoha’s Bannin. He couldn’t let himself die from one stab wound. He heard mention of the term pneumothorax and an assessment of his upper ribs on the right side were fractured no doubt complicating the puncture of the lung that resulted in its collapse as air pressure built up inside his chest cavity and blood filled the lung. Fortunately, medical ninjutsu made field treatments remarkably more successful than anything a civilian would be able to accomplish. Skin tissue could be generated easily and if the ribs were set it was possible to mend them, though he had no idea her level of skill. But his body would continue to try to hold out for as long as possible. His muscles were quite dense despite having a lean figure, enough that it had softened the blow somewhat, an ordinary boy his age would have been run straight through.

590/550 Endurance Training

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:30 pm

"Takeshi, huh?" Etsuko sighed as she looked at the boy's wounds and shook her head. "Well, Takeshi, my name is Etsuko. Stay awake for me okay? This next part is going to really suck... but it's necessary, alright?" She lifted her hands from his body briefly as she channeled chakra to her hands again. They still glowed that same shade of green of Iijutsu, but this time it was a different technique. She moved beside him before placing one hand on his chest and the other on his back, helping him lean forward and to the side a bit as she knew what would come next. His oxygen levels would improve, his lung would reinflate, but he was also probably about to start coughing up a lot of blood. "Just bare with me alright? Stay with me, Takeshi, I promise you, I can start making it a lot better in a minute, just this has to happen first..." she tried to assure him.

As the jutsu would take affect she could already hear through her link seal that the others were starting to head back in. The patrols were being called back, and no one else had found anything. For the moment she kept the information to herself, knowing Takeshi wouldn't be able to answer any questions until she got well into her next steps. But suddenly she was glad her old Sensei had grabbed her before her patrol or else she wouldn't have been able to help him as well. Once he'd expel all the excess blood and she could hear him breathing better again she'd lean him against the tree once more and dig into her bag.

Not caring that her hands were covered in his blood now, she grabbed what looked like a couple of rather large fuuinjutsu tags and placed them on Takeshi's chest, talking as she did so. "Take it easy, these aren't what you think." she'd explain. "My Sensei wrote these up... they contain the Mystical Palm technique." she added, flashing him a sheepish look. "Old man Ichiro stuck a stack of these in my bag before my patrol... lucky for you, huh? He makes them himself, and I'm afraid I don't know the technique myself yet but these will do. I have more if we need them too." Once she had them in place she'd place a hand over them and kai the seal to release the green glow and start the technique as well.
Jutsu Used EtsukoShow
*[Iijutsu • Oxygen Flow]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Simple in its form yet highly effective in practice, the *[Iijutsu • Oxygen Flow] technique allows its users to clear obstructed airways, to perform less extensive CPR, and to give cells the oxygen they crave. After focusing chakra into the hands, the user will place both over the target's chest (through the back works as well). By allowing the chakra to be channeled throughout the lungs and up through the air ways, any unseen, solid or liquid obstructions will be cleared from these passages and ejected through the mouth, allowing the patient to breathe more easily. Additionally, the hands can be placed over the heart to help oxygenate the body's cells. In this instance, users must be much more careful, as over-oxygenating cells can cause more harm than good. This technique takes the entirety of one post to perform.
Jutsu In the TagShow
*[Iijutsu • Mystical Palm]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 20 Iijutsu
One of the almighty and most highly coveted abilities of medical-nin, the *[Iijutsu • Mystical Palm] technique allows its users to heal wounds quickly and efficiently. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will place them over the wound in question and begin to channel chakra through it. As the chakra interacts with the cells and tissues in the area, the wound will begin to regenerate and heal over until there's no remnant of it ever being there. Of course, this is not done in the blink of an eye. To heal small-to-moderate wounds, it takes very little time, while large wounds take one (1) post of concentration to mend, and mortal wounds take a total of two (2) posts to fully mend. This technique lasts for four (4) posts, but due to its chakra-extensive nature, users are not advised to treat multiple large wounds in a single use.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:06 pm

The young Hyuuga nodded, taking note of his savior’s name. He mentally prepared himself to brace for whatever she needed to do. Whatever it was would be better than dying. He would make every effort to keep conscious and fight through it. Though as his lung was forcibly inflated, even with the puncture in it he felt covered his wound again, only now realizing that she had cut his tight black shirt open to allow his lungs to expand. The pain was immense as his damaged lung pressed against displaced ribs, jostling them further as they dug into his lung. But his bloodstream craved oxygen and he felt some sense of relief, his mind invigorated by the sudden rush of oxygen through his system. He gained better clarity in his vision, even as he vomited and heaved forth a concerning amount of blood, soaking down his chest as air bubbles sputtered from his mouth.

But once it was all out, he was able to breathe again finally. Pained but he could breathe, and he could begin to form more complete thoughts and even read the various Kanji written on the woman’s clothing. ‘Arashiyama’ he parsed, storm mountain. Was that a place? no it was written as her family name he recognized. He wasn’t family with Kumo’s clans or families, having never met a Kumo shinobi before. “Thank you…Arashiyama Etsuko” he panted, gritting his teeth and wincing after the pain of speaking. He was still in shock, his body cold, his hands shaking. He had lost a lot of blood and was continuing to do so. He wasn’t quite stable or out of danger yet but it was a start.

He didn’t even question it when she brought out the Fuuinjutsu seals. He didn’t know much about Fuuinjutsu beyond that it could store any many of jutsu and had nearly unlimited potential effects. He could only assume it was something that would continue to help him. Kumo shinobi were allies of Konoha after all, and if she had some ulterior motive, it was evident, she was trying to help him. He only nodded at the explanation, silently wishing she would talk less and heal more. “Lucky…very lucky” he admitted, slurring his words as he continued to focus on his breathing and staying awake. She finally placed the tags on him and released the powerful healing chakra and he felt almost instant relief of his pain. It was almost concerning. The wound rupture closed, and his bones shifted, popping back into place as they slowly began mending. And within a minute he was able to take his first full breath in over an hour. It was as if he had forgotten entirely what breathing was supposed to feel like. The relief was indescribable, and he found himself grinning stupidly in pure delight at the simple pleasure of being able to breathe without agonizing pain and struggle. “This is really happening…you saved me” he realized, it had almost been like a dream but now he truly realized it was reality after all.

Collapsing forward suddenly he laid his head against her shoulder, attempting to hug her but finding his arms sluggish in their response. “Thank you” he repeated, giving in to the joy of realizing he was going to live after all. Tears threatened to spill from his eyes, but he didn’t care about keeping up appearances, he was allowed to be vulnerable in such a state. It was his first brush with death, the first time fighting an enemy shinobi fully intent on killing him. It would take some time to deal with that lingering fear, but for now he only felt immensely grateful.

612/550 Willpower Training

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:26 pm

She had planned on getting to something else while the fuuin did their work, but found herself too concerned about his well-being to actually step away. He might not have been a kumo shinobi, but he was still under her care. She stayed at his side as the seal opened and the Mystical Palm went to work. The sounds of resetting bones and healing flesh was honestly a bit sickening, but Etusko was hardly phased by it. She could watch the changes in Takeshi's expression to see that it was working. He was realizing that he was going to survive after all and the woman smiled as she saw that set in. She chuckled in response when he moved forward and his head was suddenly against her shoulder. Her arms come up quickly to hold him and to hug him, one hand resting on the back of his head and the other around his torso. "You're welcome." she told him quietly. "Must have been one hell of a time, Takeshi..." she said after a moment, running a comforting hand over his head and hair almost the way a mother would for a child.

Sighing after a moment, she finally moved both of her hands to her shoulders to gently pull him from her and get a proper look at him. "I gotta report in, okay? Lean against the tree and rest for now, I'm going to get a fire going too." she told him. When she was certain he was okay enough to lean against the tree without incident she got up and funneled chakra into her link seal again and gave a quick report on finding a Konoha genin on her patrol and how badly he was wounded, pausing for a response before shaking her head at no one in particular. "No, I'll stay here with him." she answered the person on the other end of the seal even as she gathered up stones to form a circle for the fire before putting appropriate sized sticks and small logs in the center for the fire itself. "I've got enough supplies, I'll report back in the morning from there."

Etsuko came back to her bag and dug through it briefly before finding her simple strike and flint and going back to the fire pit she had set up and lit it quickly. Once that was done all she had left to do was set up a tent. Her bag had the supplies for that as well. It wouldn't be long, it was a simple tent, just enough for something to sleep under after all. Once it was all set up she went back to where Takeshi was. "Come on, let's get you under the tent or closer to the fire at least. You need to rest up... and I also gotta ask what happened out here tonight." She looked at him almost sadly. She didn't want to press the kid too hard after all. "I heard back that another shinobi slipped away to the sea, and a genin from my village was found injured from a fall. Any answers you can fill in for us would be a help."

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:47 pm

Takeshi inhaled deeply, savoring the woman’s scent and the fact that he could actually breathe now. She had saved his life and he would find some way to repay her. It was a debt he wouldn’t forget. Truthfully, he had been skeptical of the alliance with Kumogakure. They seemed self-serving, keeping themselves safe and extending their railways but only assisting Konoha during the war at the very end when their forces were overwhelmingly strong and everyone else had suffered losses. Such power and patience were dangerous. It was not the type of thing most 13-year-olds had to think about. But he was as the son of the Hokage and wished to one day become clan leader of the Hyuuga. He had to maintain a discerning mind and keep wary of others.

Even as she hugged him back and his arms finally responded, wrapping around her, he tested idly if he could muster any chakra if he needed to. Not yet. But he had to recover some, make himself useful at least. If he could rest a little, enough to use his Byakguan he could help keep watch. Injured or not he was a shinobi. Though he frowned as she assumed he was a Genin, releasing him to talk to her comrades as he leaned against the tree. He didn’t hear her make mention of him being a Hyuuga either. That was potentially concerning, or maybe she was trying to protect him from less trustworthy comrades. His eyes were valuable after all, and shinobi always sought-after power for themselves and their own people, regardless of what an official alliance said. His own brother-in-law, the commander of the leaf’s Anbu had stolen a Byakugan after all. If he couldn’t even trust family, how could he expect to trust shinobi of Kumo? “It was a tough fight” he said in response to her gentle probing about the situation.

He watched as she set up camp, a simple tent and a small fire. It gave him enough time to rest somewhat, the shaking was beginning to slow down, and he was starting to get a little bit more colour in his face. Slow and steady he breathed, finding there was hardly any pain at all anymore. He still felt weak, the blood loss had taken a toll on him, and it would take time to recover fully. But if he absolutely needed to he wagered he could defend himself again. That was a good first step. Even his chakra reserves were slowly recovering, flowing a little through his body he pushed himself and tried to focus a little bit to his eyes, testing to see if he could even activate his Byakugan in his state. His veins pulsed for a second and then dispersed, the rush of chakra flooding his senses for a moment and then vanishing. Almost, he could probably manage it for a minute or two, maybe perform a basic jutsu in addition.

She encouraged him toward the tent and he wobbled forward, stumbling to get his feet under him. But he didn’t fall, managing to stand, though surely, she would come to his assistance regardless and help guide him to the tent. He didn’t really process that there was only one tent, truthfully it simply seemed practical to him. It was safer to keep close together, better to keep his body heat up and that way she could monitor his status throughout the night. He hadn’t really gotten to the point of being particularly interested in girls. But having his life saved by an attractive young woman did help to at least put the notion of infatuation in his mind. Despite his logical wariness he felt safe and wanted to be near her. The thought of spending the night alone terrified him. He sat in the tent, leaning forward as he removed whatever shreds of his shirt remained. Despite his youth his body was well defined and cut with lean muscle.

The warmth of the fire and gentle crackling of burning logs was comforting, reminding him of nights spent camping and hunting with his family. Looking into the flames it was as if he could see their smiling faces. Kaori, his mom, dad, grandpa, and even Yozei and Hanako. His saviour inquired further about what had happened, and the young Hyuuga continued to stare forward into he flames. He didn’t know how much to tell her. His mission was part of his ROOT training, a secret organization of Konoha. He couldn’t risk her learning about the rarity and power of the rather simple looking sword he carried, laid across his lap now as he sat. Interestingly it didn’t have a sheath and appeared worn, bladed on one side and about 3ft in length with a rather straight blade. His eyes narrowed as she mentioned the recovered shinobi was from Kumo, but he was recovered alive. That was his saving grace at least. He wondered if he would be reprimanded if it was discovered he had caused him to fall. “I don’t remember…just fighting. It felt like he was hunting me, not sure why. My eyes maybe” he recalled, mixing in a lie with some half-truths. Though he was exhausted, and it was hard to recall everything. His adrenaline levels had plummeted and he was left feeling tired and weak.

888/550 Chakra Pool Training

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Sure enough, Etsuko was quickly back at his side to help him to the tent. She put one of his arms over her neck and stooped slightly so as to keep from stretching his side out with the motion, not wanting to hurt him any further while trying to help him along. She grabbed her jacket as well before helping him make his way to the tent. Once he was settled into a seated position at the entrance of the tent where he could also get some of the warmth of the fire she'd help him discard what remained of his shirt. She'd had to cut into it to get to his wound quickly enough to make a difference in the moment unfortunately. But she also took her cardigan and threw it over his shoulders to keep him warm. He mentioned his eyes and the fight and the woman, for the first time likely, looked him in the eyes and lifted a hand to brush his hair out of his face before nodding. "I see... Hyuuga Takeshi then, huh? I was a bit too preoccupied with your blood loss to really notice earlier." she remarked with a bit of a wry chuckle. Her hand moved to his forehead, gently pushing his forehead protector out of the way and resting the back of her hand on his bare skin for a moment. It was a rudimentary way to check his temperature really, her Iijutsu was more reliable but in truth she wasn't sure how much of her chakra she would need through the night for his care, or if she'd actually get a chance to rest and recuperate any. Sparing a little here and there felt like a good idea in the moment. If she noticed the marks on his forehead as she checked his temperature, she didn't comment or show a sign of it. "Well you're still burning up a bit, we'll have to keep an eye on that tonight." she told him.

She turned her attention back to the seal she had placed on him as she carefully started removing it. "Let's see how this is looking..." She ran a hand very carefully over where his wounds had been once she removed it, frowning slightly at the pink skin and sighing to herself. "I think we'll need another, but first things first, you've lost a lot of blood. Thankfully my Sensei gave me a few of these things..." She started rumaging around in her bag after discarding the used seal and found the ones her Sensei had stuck in her bag before finding another that seemed to have a set of instructions with it which caused her to frown slightly. "Actually..."

Sighing quietly to herself she kept going through her bag before producing a simple bedroll and blanket, laying it out in the tent and motioning to it. "Lay down, this one is just gonna be easier this way." she told him as she waited. Once he would lay down she'd take out two small scalpels from the bag that had been with the seal. She knelt beside him and rest his forearm in her lap, resting hers beside his. Moving quickly she made a small incision in his arm, and one in her own before covering both with the seal and forming the kai. The woman closed her eyes as the seal was broken to begin the technique and glowed the green of Iijutsu as it began and she replenished some of Takeshi's lost blood with some of her own. It wasn't a technique she would keep up for long for her own safety, but long enough to help him.
Jutsu in SealShow
*[Iijutsu • Blood Transfer Technique]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
A simple technique that requires its users to sacrifice a little to save a life, the*[Iijutsu • Blood Transfer Technique] does exactly what its name suggests. To prepare for this procedure, the user must make a small incision into the patient's body and follow by opening a vein. Once the vein has been open, the user will begin to channel chakra into it. Over the course of one (1) post, the patient's blood will gain density and stabilize itself. Users of this technique must be aware that their own blood will dilute over the duration of this technique, as it is essentially transferring blood from their bodies to the patient's. No more than 1 liter (2 pints) of blood can be transferred using this technique without severe repercussions for the user.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:29 pm

Takeshi looked back at the woman, visibly confused as she only just now noticed he was a Hyuuga. Normally his completely white eyes were the first thing people noticed. It was hard not to. One’s face was where most people’s eyes were instinctively drawn toward, and the eyes were the focal point. Perhaps it was telling of what kind of person she was or at least of her training as a medic, focusing only on the wound of her patient. Still, the young teenager wasn’t sure whether he should be insulted or amused that she had only now looked into his eyes. He quirked his head to the side, “Yes, that’s right. I’m fortunate your Iijutsu is better than your observational skills” he commented cheekily, before realizing how rude that had come across. Perhaps the blood loss was making it more difficult to think clearly. His head still felt fuzzy and his focus sporadic. It seemed some of his normal social filters had also been affected.

Though as she moved his forehead protector he recoiled slightly, sluggishly flinching as it slid up and off his head. His eyes were downcast, she knew of the Hyuuga and had shown some use of Fuuinjutsu seals. It was possible she would recognize it as a sealing curse mark. Though he resented it, he understood the practicality. In some situations, it could even help keep him alive. The seal would have to be removed first after all if someone were to attempt to harvest his eyes. He was fairly sure he wouldn’t have to make such bargains tonight. He nodded at her comment. When she removed the healing tags and touched his chest, Takeshi swallowed. Suddenly his mouth felt dry, and a sense of nervousness shook through him. “I ca-“ his voice crackled lightly, awkward. Clearing his throat, he tried again. “I can help take watch” he offered suddenly, chakra flowing into his eyes as his Byakugan activated again. This time he was able to maintain it. It seemed his chakra was slowly but steadily returning, especially now that he was fully stabilised and healed of the worst of his injuries.

When she spoke of the blood loss however, he realized she was right, even just a bit of strain on his chakra reserves left him dizzy and disoriented and he promptly deactivated the Byakugan again. She ordered him to lay down and a slight bit of color returned to his face. Swallowing hard again he did as she said. His eyes narrowed at the sight of the scalpels and suddenly he was wary again, though he still mostly trusted her. Nervously he watched on as his arm was laid in her lap, closing his eyes as she made the cut. Despite being a skilled fighter, he was rather squeamish about things like needles and purposeful incisions. He clutched at her pant leg as he felt the sting of the knife. Gritting his teeth, he grunted in discomfort. Though as her blood began to flow into him, he suddenly felt some chakra returning as well. Her cells, her life energy flowed into him, restoring him and becoming one with his body. As his mind became clearer he frowned at a sudden realization. “You don’t even know my blood type. What if we’re not compatible?” he questioned. His survival training was kicking in, taught by his father who was little known to be a combat medic himself. Though it did seem to be working. Like many shinobi he kept his blood type listed inside the band on his forehead protector. Had she checked when she had taken it off? But for someone who didn’t even notice his eyes he wondered if she was actually that observant. “Please don’t kill me after saving me” he muttered, laying his head back in resignation that one way or another he would simply have to trust the woman to do her job.

338+ 653= 991/550 Chakra Pool Training , next training 441/550

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:50 pm

When he had made a quip about her observational skills, Etsuko had only snorted. He wouldn't know it, but rudeness never bothered the woman. If anything, she appreciated it. She was never a fan of "prim and proper", and could be quite crass herself in the moment. In battle she was considered to be almost cruel in her methods. But as a medic she was someone entirely different, and as a person she was incredibly caring at her core, protective of everyone around her, especially those who ended up in her care one way or another. In the first moment she had seen Takeshi she hadn't even really seen him as a shinobi. She had seen a kid who needed help, if he hadn't worn a headband she never would have even noticed nor cared what village he hailed from until the information became vital. He wouldn't have realized it, but the woman herself even cringed as she felt him grip her when she had to puncture his arm, she hated hurting those she had to help, even in the moments it was necessary.

Though as he started grumbling about blood types the woman finally laughed. As she sat there, the technique at work and she felt herself slowly tiring from the funneling of her own blood into his body, she smirked at him. "Because in this case, your type doesn't matter." she informed him. "I'm a universal donor... my Sensei always did say it was the most valuable thing about me as a medic, and this time it has a use." she added, looking down as she did what she could to monitor the amount of blood she was giving him. She had to make sure it was enough to help him heal, but not so much that it would be too much of a detriment to herself. "Don't worry, I'm not going to go to all this trouble to save you, just to kill you by accident." she brought her free hand over and put it over his fingers, running her fingertips over his for a moment as an attempt at a comfort before she sighed and slowed the blood flow. "Okay... I think that's nearly two pints, that's about all I can give you before it starts to be a real issue." she mentioned.

The technique came to a halt and she set the broken seal aside as she carefully channeled another technique and first put a hand over the incision she'd made in his arm to clot and seal the wound before doing the same to herself. It only took a moment as the incisions were small and carefully done. She took the papers that were left of both seals and took them to the fire and tossed them in to discard them, stumbling slightly on her way back before sitting down next to Takeshi. She took a couple of things out of her bag and offered one to him. "They're just ration bars." she told him as she offered one to him. "But you should eat something.... how're you feeling though? I have another Mystical Palm seal if you need it I think..." The woman was starting to look a bit drained herself from the blood she'd given for the transfusion, glancing out around them and she took a deep breath and sighed.

"I'm thinking you rest here tonight... I'll escort you back to the border in the morning. Further if you think it won't cause problems with your village. I'd rather not leave you unprotected longer than necessary really." She looked at him a moment. "Do you have a link seal on you? A way to contact someone to meet you maybe? I'd rather know you're getting home safe, kid."
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Iijutsu • Blood Clot Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
This highly useful field technique is applied to bleeding wounds to help encourage the coagulation of the blood. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will hover them over the bleeding wound and begin to channel chakra through it. The chakra will began to thicken the blood, causing it to clot. Wounds must be dealt with one at a time, and the number of wounds that can be tended to within the three (3) posts that this technique lasts depends on their size. Small wounds take very little time to clot, while moderate wounds take one (1) post of concentration to clot, and large wounds take two (2) posts to clot. Although this technique stops the bleeding, the wound remains vulnerable and will require further care after this has been performed.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:57 pm

The teenage Hyuuga stared up at the simple tent, periodically he would close his eyes or tilt his head to look over at Etsuko. Breathing slowly, he felt his chakra levels continuing to return. As the blood pumped into his body, he felt that he was finally beginning to feel normal again. He even felt safe now that he was under the protection of the Kumo shinobi whom he assumed was at least a Special Jounin if not a full fledged Jounin. He huffed and smirked a wry sort of smile, “Should have figured” he realized, someone of her rank, especially as a medic surely wouldn’t make such a simple and foolish mistake. “I really did get lucky…if you hadn’t arrived when you did…I wouldn’t have made it, would I?” he realized gravely. Such a morbid thought made him feel cold, all to awake to the reality of how frail his life really was. But he had to remind himself not to dwell on such things. He was alive, he would see his family again. There should only be room now for gratitude. “I can’t thank you enough. If there’s anything I can ever do to repay you...just come find me” he vowed. Though it may have seemed like a worthless promise from a weak Genin, he knew there would come a time where he could do something to help her.

He inhaled sharply as she traced her fingers over his. Was she flirting with him? From the mind of a young boy, he suddenly wondered if he might have a chance with her, if not now, then maybe someday. Once she ended the transfusion he sat up, his sword laying on his right side now with Etsuko on his left. A light blush crept across his face as he realized his hand still lingered in her lap. The color in his face at least would be a good indication that the blood had been thoroughly replenished. She got up to toss the papers in the fire and Takeshi sat cross-legged, arms resting over his knees as he looked to the flames and how they licked at the paper and consumed them. He accepted the protein bar, taking a bite and swallowing after a few moments. She asked how he was feeling and he flexed his right hand, lis left holding the protein bar. “Better” he swallowed again, “Thirsty. Do you have any water?” he asked. Surely, she would have a few water bottles as part of her survival kit and assuming she handed one over he would take a deep drink. Slowly he would eat and drink more and feel his strength returning at a much faster rate. He wagered by now he could properly fight again if needed but it was best not to push himself. “I’m good. You should save it” he insisted. Such a high-level technique would be wasted now that all he needed was basic rest and replenishment. “You should eat too” he insisted, having noticed the way she stumbled earlier and was clearly now feeling just as fatigued as him.

Takeshi nodded at her suggestion. “I appreciate that”, she made mention of communications and he nodded again. He had been too injured and fatigued to use it until now, but as a member of ROOT he had been given a link seal with the rest of his team and the commander. Holding a pair of fingers to his chin he activated the seal on his inner lip. “Commander, reporting in. There was a confrontation, I was injured. Receiving medical attention now from Kumo border patrol. I won't be heading home until the morning. I’ll coordinate further then.” There were a few moments of silence before a marking behind his ear activated and a voice responded directly into his mind. Takeshi nodded, “Yes…That’s right” he confirmed. “Yes. Understood” he responded after another few moments. “We’ll be met at Kudansha Station in Whirlpool country, tomorrow evening” he relayed back to her, glossing over the part where the commander confirmed he had been successful in his mission. The fewer details she knew the better, he couldn’t risk Kumo wanting to claim the weapon for themselves.

441+699= 1140/750, 390/750 Chakra Pool Training

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:32 pm

Etsuko looked at him for a moment as he commented about not surviving if she hadn't found him. "No, you wouldn't have." She had never been one to mince words. She gripped his hand lightly before continuing what she was doing however. "Glad I was though, kid. I much prefer being able to help than finding a corpse. Life should never be wasted." she added.

When she was coming back to the tent she heard him ask for water and went straight back to her bag, taking out a bottle and handing it to him. When he mentioned her eating too, she gave him a look before nodding. "You're probably right." she admitted before sitting down next to him again. She picked a bottle and a ration bar out of the bag for herself before she started eating and sighed. "I seem to have a knack for arriving just in time... towards the end of the war I was out investigating reports of Kiri shinobi in the area and stumbled on a hostage situation. In the end, saved the life of a fellow Kumo shinobi." She looked at Takeshi a moment and shrugged. "She survived, so I guess I arrived just in time. Glad I got to you in time though." She didn't mention it, but in the case of her friend Shizune she still wished she had gotten there sooner. The torture the other woman had endured had left her heavily scarred and she wasn't sure she would ever recover emotionally.

As Takeshi reported back using his seals, Etsuko found herself wondering for a moment if she should give him space, though she knew she wouldn't hear the other side of the conversation at all. In the end, she simply looked away and waited until he finished, nodding as he filled her in. Similar to how he had already done she channeled chakra through her own seal and filled in her team leader on the other end, frowning slightly as she listened. When she was done the girl huffed for a moment and shrugged. "Well, I won't be setting any traps, another team member may be stopping by to check in personally." she remarked, shaking her head. Trying to distract herself, she turned her attention back to Takeshi. "So you're sounding better, breathing okay then? You could barely tell me your name at first."

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:52 pm

Ryoto took a nasty hit. The two explosive arrows had detonated in proximity which was too close to allow to youth to get away without a scratch. As a result half the hair on his head were singed and when the impact of hitting the ground cause some major bruising on his back, potentially broken bones and ribs. But after the battle between the two remaining shinobi had ended, he had eventually regained consciousness. As painful as movement was, he had managed it. A headache was throbbing and causing him some serious disorientation as he tried to clamber onto his feet. His equilibrium was off as his attempts to regain his balance continued to fail. Luckily for him, Kumogakure shinobi were in the area, and one of them had spotted the young fellow near the peak of the mountain and rushed over to help the lad.

Ryoto was instructed to stop any unnecessary movements as the shinobi picked him up, piggy-back style, and began making his way down the mountain. After he told him there was a shinobi with medical supplies in close-by, the youth had grew calm. His breathing had returned to normal, and slowly his headache subsided as he replenished his body with water provided to him by his comrade - slowly he was regaining his wits. And he was beginning to remember the events which lead to him ending up at the peak of the mountain with burnt face, singed hair, bruised back and potential breakages. Last this he remembered was rushing to the top of the mountain atop the platform he had created out of his sword - now he realised that the sword was gone. He let out a sigh as it dawned on him. Knowing full well he had not come fully prepared to retrieve what he was sent for, and that most likely had cost him the sword.

Short while later, they had arrived to the spot the shinobi knew of. Ryoto was placed gently on the ground close to the two. Sitting up the pain from his back pulsated throughout his body. The pain was excruciating, but he had managed to keep his upper body upright as he looked at the other two. One was Etsuko, a shinobi he had heard of from the village. The other was a shinobi from Konohagakure with white eyes, a Hyuuga. And beside him lay the sword he was after. His brows narrowed as he had realised this shinobi must have been the one who shot him down from his platform. However, he looked like he had taken a bit of a beating himself and at the end of the day it was him who had emerged victorious.

Ryoto looked over at Etsuko, 'Senpai... I think by ribs may be fractured or broken...' the youth let out under strain.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:01 pm

There was a sudden intense look across Takeshi’s features as she told him what he was afraid to admit. He would have died, that shinobi. The one all his instincts told him was from Kiri would have taken his life. His resolve strengthened. His hatred toward Kirigakure grew. Especially as she spoke of wasted life, there had been so much of it throughout the course of the war. And he blamed Kirigakure most of all for the loss of Konoha lives, but he too felt disdain towards the former Daimyo as well as his own father, the Hokage. They had all been greedy and foolish, separating families, calling on others to sacrifice for the sake of wealth and power. He was normally good at hiding it, having worked diligently over the last few years to bury his disdain towards the Hyuuga clan. After all, if he were to ever change them and get back at the elders for how they treated his family, then he needed to act how they wanted him to. At least until he could become clan leader.

Etsuko went on to recount some of her experiences during the war and Takeshi listened attentively. He caught her look. That whatever happened to the woman she saved had scarred her, either mentally or physically. Likely both. So many now bore such wounds, yet there were still so many within Konoha that seemed content to just pretend like none of it ever happened. It disgusted him to see such denial. Even his own father, as much as he loved him and admired his strength, he found he resented. There was no reason he should continue as Hokage and the fact few ever spoke out against his failings only made him feel more isolated.

He found himself clenching his teeth, his eyes watering slightly. “My Grandpa died protecting my sister and me from Kiri shinobi. I need to stop being saved” he vowed, clenching his fists and finding his right hand wrapped around the grip of the sword he had recovered. How long he had been holding it, he didn’t know. But now, he could finally feel the power welling inside the weapon. It seemed to respond to his Anger and fuel him in turn. Part of him wanted to test the blade now, as he had seen the Kumo shinobi do. He understood now, how to use it. Hot to harness this power and transform the blade into a cloud of knives. His chakra flowed into the weapon but he still felt more energized than before, as if he could fight without detriment.

Though when it came time to report in, he stifled that thought. Releasing the weapon, he updated the commander. He had completed one mission but his long-term task was to get close to Yoru and Nobu and inform the Hokage if there was ever any indication of a coup or a plot against him. Takeshi hadn’t realized he had started staring off, lost in his own thoughts for a little while. But he managed to catch that someone else was coming by? Was he going to be questioned more thoroughly after all? Perhaps taken to a Kumo outpost. He forced himself to smile, distracting from the thoughts that he might need to try to slip away on his own. “Yes, I feel fine. Medical ninjutsu is a remarkable thing. It’s hard to believe really” he considered. Not more than half an hour ago he was on deaths doorstep and now he felt stronger than ever.

When the other member of Kumo’s border patrol arrived with the injured Genin, Takeshi felt his heart race. He hadn’t known the boy was a Kumo shinobi at the time. He hadn’t noticed a forehead protector on him, but it had been dimly lighting and a fair distance between them when he had begun attacking. But he had his orders, to retrieve the weapon, no matter who stood in his way. But as a member of Anbu, ROOT or not, he would be discarded, and any such orders would be denied if he was to be charged for any crimes. Of course, as son of the Hokage, he would likely have an out if he had to resort to that, but Takeshi prided himself on not being one to rely on such crutches to get him out of trouble. He would remain silent as the other Genin entered, if he was lucky he wouldn’t remember the details of what had happened.

390+750/750 Chakra Pool Training, 390/750 next training
Last edited by Izanagi on Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:28 pm

"There's no shame in being saved, that's what allies are for." Etsuko told Takeshi simply as she reached over and rest a hand on his shoulder. "For family we do more, I'm sure your grandpa would agree... I am sorry for your loss though, kid." she told him simply. As she watched the emotions that worked across his face in his silence the woman couldn't help worrying. She naturally couldn't read his mind, but she could see he seemed conflicted and only wished she could bring him some kind of comfort in the wake of whatever worked through his mind in the moment. But she wouldn't have much time to keep worrying about him alone. He would assure her he was fine and almost immediately her teammate showed up with another genin.

Etsuko grabbed her bag and moved to kneel directly beside Ryoto, her hands glowing with the tell-tale green of Iijutsu again a moment later before she placed her hands on him. After a moment she simply nodded. "You're pretty banged up." she admitted. "Heard you took a hell of a fall, just glad you didn't get impaled like our friend over here." she added nodding towards Takeshi as she referred to his wounds that she had already healed. "Here, lay down." she told him, putting a hand behind his neck to help him lay down while holding much of his weight to try and take some of the effort off of his ribs though it would naturally still cause him some pain.

Since Ryoto's wounds weren't nearly as dire, she didn't have to rush to cutting off his shirt the way she had to Takeshi. She simply helped him move his shirt up to give her full access to his torso before she got out the other fuuin she had her in bag that held a technique sealed in it by her own Sensei and laid it out on his chest. "Just stay still, why don't you remind me your name, eh?" she asked him. She felt like she'd met the kid before but couldn't put a name to his face. Besides, encouraging him to tell her his name would help her in her assessment as well. Once she had the tag in place she simply formed the kai to release the seal as she had done for Takeshi before and watched the green glow as she waited for the jutsu to take effect and start healing him.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Iijutsu • Medical Diagnosis Technique]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 5 Iijutsu
Perhaps one of the most important Iijutsu techniques to date, the *[Iijutsu • Medical Diagnosis Technique] allows its users to probe another's body in search for medical answers. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will begin to channel it into the patient's body. Using this chakra as an internal extension of his/her hand to feel for abnormalities and other issues, the user is often able to determine the problem after some time and concentration. In order for a thorough examination to provide sufficient answers, the user will focus for up to one (1) post, seeking signs of internal and external damage, organ malfunction and disease among other ailments. Although skilled medical-nin have the possibility to work faster, skill cannot be substituted in for thoroughness.
Jutsu in SealShow
*[Iijutsu • Mystical Palm]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 20 Iijutsu
One of the almighty and most highly coveted abilities of medical-nin, the *[Iijutsu • Mystical Palm] technique allows its users to heal wounds quickly and efficiently. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will place them over the wound in question and begin to channel chakra through it. As the chakra interacts with the cells and tissues in the area, the wound will begin to regenerate and heal over until there's no remnant of it ever being there. Of course, this is not done in the blink of an eye. To heal small-to-moderate wounds, it takes very little time, while large wounds take one (1) post of concentration to mend, and mortal wounds take a total of two (2) posts to fully mend. This technique lasts for four (4) posts, but due to its chakra-extensive nature, users are not advised to treat multiple large wounds in a single use.

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:25 pm

As Etsuko spoke, Ryoto eyed the Hyuuga. His wounds were almost healed, he looked close to being spotless, if you ignore the obvious discrepancies of his attire. 'So there was someone else...' The boy thought. He did not remember seeing anyone else in the area before taking flight, but everything happened so quickly and he was likely to have missed them. With the pain in his chest slowly subsiding due to the iijutsu coursing through his body, Ryoto felt like speaking wouldn't cause him too much pain. 'What happened...?' He said, his voice however was still a little shaky from the ribs pressing against his lungs. His eyed did not leave the Hyuuga for moment, until Etsuko instructed him to lye down, and he did so without any fuss. Etsuko began lifting his top, Ryoto moved in order to allow his top to move up easier before laying down perfectly still. He was aware that in these situations it was best to allow the chakra to do its magic while being in perfect alignment, he was fully relaxed.

Slowly the chakra which pulsated through his body did what it was suppose to. Aligned his ribs, cured his bruises, and healed the burns on his face. It could not do anything about the singed hair on his head, but he was not fussed. When the question came from Etsuko, his eyes moved gently towards her. 'My name is Ryoto - Senpai. Igarashi Ryoto.' His eyes then moved back to staring at the ceiling of the tent they were in. The heat from the nearby fire offered its warmth in a perfect dosage, he did not feel too hot or too cold. If the circumstances were different, this would have been a very nice situation.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:30 pm

Takeshi knew it was important to be able to rely on allies. That was one of the fundamental beliefs taught to Konoha shinobi. It was part of the “Will of Fire” being able to devote everything to one’s allies and their village knowing that every single one of them would lay their lives down to save one another. It was a sacred and fundamental part of being a Konoha shinobi. And as one of the Hokage’s children, Takeshi had heard the lectures and speeches more than most. But he still couldn’t help but feel like he needed to be strong for his own sake, that to achieve his goals his allies wouldn’t be enough. He wanted revenge. And he didn’t want to drag his allies into that; least of all his family.

As afraid as he had been, Takeshi had been prepared to kill the man he assumed was from Kirigakure. He had even been prepared to kill the Kumo shinobi who soon arrived. Getting a better look at him now that they weren’t engaged in combat, he was able to discern that the boy was just a kid like him. His eyes averted as the Kumo Genin looked at him. Was it guilt he felt? Or simply anger at the situation? Two kids, barely teenagers and from allied villages no less, had nearly killed each other over some old sword. “We were attacked. There was someone else there, a man from Kirigakure I think. He nearly killed me, you’re lucky you got out with just some broken ribs” Takeshi explained in a cold and controlled tone. Nothing he said was a lie, but as usual he was careful to navigate around the truth as it suited him.

Inhaling deeply, he touched gingerly at where his wound had been. There was a brief sense of phantom pain and also a scar left behind, but it was healed. Takeshi flowed chakra throughout his body, hopefully not alarming the others in the tent. There was nothing threatening about his posture, he even closed his eyes. As a Hyuuga honing his chakra control was always a priority in his training. Therefore, feeling his chakra returning, swelling within his body and flowing through his tenketsu points was relaxing to him. He even activated his Byakugan just to be sure this kid wasn’t the enemy in disguise as well as doing a check of their surroundings. His feet moved into a cross-legged position but his hand remained on his sword as he continued to breathe deeply and stretch the radius of his Byakugan.

390+430=820/750 Chakra Pool Training

Return to “Lightning Empire”