[lonely/trainings Chiaki]

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Sun May 01, 2022 10:32 am

Chiaki was a part of the third temple of Kumogakure, or at least she was one of its keepers, and enjoyed a stay there as long as she liked, as long as she did her chores, and helped out with the daily running of the temple. It really left little time for herself. She was told that she would have to train, have to train to make sure that her mother could be healthy and so that she could perform her mother’s transplant. That was her only goal for now.
Chiaki sat down on her chamber floor, muttering to herself about the hardness and cold on her body and then started to concentrate. It would be a long training, but she felt determined to increase her chakra pool. It would take all that she had in her to stretch her limits. She closed her eyes and felt her breathing. She breathed in, the morning air coming to meet her senses like a warm hand caressing her back, and she breathed out, the chakra starting to manifest itself in her pores. She pictured her chakra center in the middle of her body and felt it pulse.
If she didn’t gain control over her chakra, she would burn through it too fast, and wouldn’t be able to help anyone. Right now she was a third rate Kyoukan, maybe even fourth rate by the feel of it. Chiaki attempted to feel the room around her and opened her eyes. She was able to see a bird out her window. A small bird, and wondered whether or not she could use it for training her chakra control.
Surely a bird would be a harder target to hit than a human, and would be able to show her more of her world than a human would be able to. She fired off a tenketsu tethering to the bird that was next to her and it latched itself onto the bird. The bird squawked and peered around, looking for the surge of energy that it felt.
Chiaki closed her eyes and started visualizing what the bird was seeing by using her snapshot tenketsu tethering jutsu. The bird was watching the ground, and the ground seemed alien to her. She saw the ground as a dark blue color, where the grasses had a purplish hue to their green stalks. The bugs that seemed like they were a dull black color to her showed up as vibrant reds, greens, and yellows. The bird flicked its head to the left and Chiaki took another snapshot of what the bird was watching and saw that the bird had found its prey. A bright green worm was sticking out of the dark blue soil, and was moving toward another plant.
The bird dove, and Chiaki concentrated on keeping the tether tight as it flew back up into the tree, triumphantly clutching the still wriggling worm in its beak. With a couple quick movements, the worm was gone and the bird was staring at her. She saw herself, sitting nude on the floor in her room with the window open, and saw stripes all over her. Dark brown stripes on her already tanned skin that seemed to be reminiscent of blazes as a tiger or even a zebra had. She kept her eyes closed and focused on the snapshot. (See 1.b.)
No, there were definitely stripes on her and she opened her eyes, covering up as the bird watched her and letting the tether go slack but not snap. She hurriedly threw on her robes over her nude body and tossed the fabric back around her. The window being so high up in the room, it would take a person standing on a step stool to see in, even a Kyoukan would have a hard time without some sort of perch, but the bird was able to see her plainly as it hopped about the branch outside in the cherry tree.
“Fine you win-cha.” She grumbled as she sat down and the fabric opened slightly, revealing her sternum all the way down to her navel but resting between her chest and covering all the societally indecent parts.
She focused again and saw what the bird saw. It was looking again for another bug to eat, but the world around her was all a jutting composition of reds, yellows, blues, and oranges that she had previously never seen before. It was almost blinding the colors that she saw.
Then a hawk let out a peal of triumph as it saw the bird and the bird saw it. Chiaki took another snapshot as the hawk swooped down on the bird, and the bird tried to get out of the way. The hawk was a blazing red with orange and white stripes with yellow wingtips and a green breast. It looked like some of the artwork that the artists in town would make of the birds of paradise, but also held a kind of terrifying promise of death to it.
It looked like a tiger that was ready to strike and rip the life out of Chiaki, but she reminded herself that this was the bird’s problem, and not hers. The bird flitted out of the way as the hawk dove and beat its wings out of sight. The bird flew up and out of the way of the hawk, chirping a warning cry.
One last snapshot and Chiaki got a look at the defeated hawk on the ground, looking up with an indignant look. The reds and oranges on its face making it look like a character in a Kabuki theater and the other eye was able to see the birds mate. She was a brilliant blue and dusky red with yellow stripes and a green fan of tailfeathers in the distance.
The bird finally flew out of sight and left Chiaki in her own dull and colorless world. She was covered in sweat, though whether it was from the encounter or the strain on herself from the training, she couldn’t tell.
Rising and taking a towel to her chest, her forehead, and the back of her neck she decided that she would visit the temple’s fountain spring bath before starting the day. The priests there had a saying, “Chakra should not only be practiced in the hours that one is awake, but while one sleeps, when you can practice with each breath is when you have full control over your own chakra.”
Chiaki grumbled something to the fabric that she pulled around her as she made her way out into the temple proper, bumping into Kyoukan, Theraveda. Theraveda was a priestess that had taken an oath to never harm another person, but was known as one of the forerunners for chakra control within the temple. Chiaki bowed her head to Theraveda who gave her a magnanimous smile and dipped her head politely in return.
“Off to somewhere in a hurry today-na?” Theraveda asked, moving like flowing water rather than in the wooden and almost stone-like way of most of the priesthood there at the temple. “I almost became an unwitting victim of your bowling over me-na.” She jested, her eyes closing in a warm smile that highlighted her crows-feet which were only beginning to blossom beautifully on her tanned face.
Chiaki couldn’t contain a chuckle from escaping as she explained that she was going to the bath house to meditate and practice controlling the flow of her Chakra. The woman nodded and put her index finger below her lips and considered the little Kyoukan, more than 2 feet smaller than her. “I should bathe too, as I have been out in the field today, and I probably smell like one of the pigs-na.”
The temple, while they did not slaughter the animals, did raise them for sale to the local townsfolk. The townsfolk who could not afford livestock or were starting out their lives as farmers for Kumogakure would come to the temple to buy or trade for livestock to get their feet under them, and in return, they would promise some seeds that the temple could sow, or fix a roof that the temple had leaking, or one of the future piglets or other livestock to raise should they become successful. The temple rarely made profit from this, but as it kept people and needed supplies that were unavailable to them, such as tools from the blacksmith or clay tiles, they did trade for services or enough to keep the temple running.
“I hardly think that you smell like a pig, but I could use some guidance on how to control my flow of chakra, if you would be willing to teach me-cha.” Chiaki hinted as she carried her bucket, her towel, and her scrub-brush with her to the other woman’s room. She almost had to jog to keep up with the flowing huge steps of the other Kyoukan woman.
“Thank you for the compliment, and for it I shall help you with your training. What are you having trouble with-na?” The larger Kyoukan, Theraveda asked. She opened the door and still moving like water flowing around a rock, she picked up her bath supplies and strolled toward the bath part of the temple.
“I seem to be unable to keep concentration for longer than a couple of minutes on my jutsu, and I also seem to be struggling more than the others during practice with it-cha.” Chiaki chewed her bottom lip in trepidation as she and the larger Kyoukan made their way to the bath. The Kyoukan that was larger gave her a sideways look and then a wink.
“A kitten should never compare themself to a tiger, nor should a hill compare themself to a mountain. A kitten is a kitten, and a hill is a hill, no matter how much they wish they were something else.” The Kyoukan explained, “You worry about what you are wanting to be rather than what you are. A goal that is attainable, which you can build on is a healthy thing, but do not let it become an obsession with becoming someone else, lest you become that person.”
Chiaki sighed and placed her forehead on the rim of her wash-bucket in frustration, “What do you mean by that? I want to be better at Chakra control, that’s all.”
“You might look back on the days that you were unable to control your chakra as well with love, and understanding, someday.” Theraveda moved to open the door for the younger Kyoukan and then closed it behind them.
They had made their way to an outdoor Onsen/bath which was under the protection, and maintenance from the temple. A wall of tall lodge pine poles separated the male from the female baths. The older Kyoukan flicked her wrist, her robes falling open and then shrugged her shoulders before moving like an eddy in a river to fold her robe ceremoniously placing it in a cubby.
Chiaki felt like a hard piece of wood or caricature by comparison as she undressed and clumsily folded her clothing to place them on the cubby on the lowest part. She was shortest of the people there, and they had jokingly dubbed it ‘Chiaki’s cubby’ when she had picked it out, being only 10 years old and still a good head and shoulders shorter than the other girls of the temple.
She watched the woman stride towards the showers with purpose. Even her body was like flowing water. She didn’t have any hard angles nor any of the flabbiness that would come with a sedentary lifestyle. There was something distinctly feminine and fluvial about her curvature, her movements, the lack of angles on her body. Even her elbows and hands were supple, and moved with a fluid movement rather than a jerky or spastic movement.
“You are comparing yourself to me now-na.” Theraveda chided Chiaki as she pulled the shower head up to accommodate her sitting height and placed the bucket she would use to wash her back underneath her. Moving to wash her hair with another liquid movement.
“I-I suppose I am-cha.” Chiaki frowned and looked at her own body by comparison. She was average in size, height, build, dimensions. Everything but the scar that ran down her body on the right side, twisting around her midriff and right leg were all normal. She took a seat beside the older Kyoukan and started to wash herself in turn while the other one scrubbed away the dirt of the day.
“If you compare yourself to me, you’ll end up being like me, and you don’t want to live like me. I have many regrets, and there are many times that I wish that I was like you.” Theraveda started to scrub her body, moving her wash cloth along her long arms and gave Chiaki a green-eyed look of knowing, “Do you know what I do when I wish that I were young like you? With all the potential to just ‘be’ and not let the world tell me what I am-na?”
Chiaki shook her head, and closed her eyes as some soap dribbled down her forehead, landing on her left eyebrow. She scooped it up and continued to wash her hair.
“I remember that I am Kyoukan, Theraveda. That I have made all my decisions with my, and my loved ones’ best interests in mind. Then I laugh and return to myself, and continue being the Theraveda that I am, not the Theraveda that I was, nor the Theraveda that I will be-na.”
Chiaki nodded, “But what if I want to be different because I want to help someone that I love-cha?” It was a question that came from a place of fear, of trepidation, of hopelessness. Her mother would never be able to afford a transplant surgery, and if she didn’t learn quickly, she would have to let someone else operate on her mother. It was almost unthinkable that she would let someone else work on her mother when she was completely capable of it herself.
Or rather, she should be, she should be capable of it herself, but she wasn’t. Not yet.
“Something has stopped your hands, and I am guessing it is a deep thought-na.” Theraveda’s voice brought her back to the bath, back to the washing of her body, back to the rinsing of her long hair which she draped over her chest and combed through with her hands. “You can be different only in the way that you can be the same. Your love and determination will help the person that you care about the most, even if it does not turn out like you wish it to be.” Theraveda continued, brushing a hand full of soap over her own body and looking at Chiaki seriously, “You cannot stop being you, no matter how much you wish you could-na. Asking for help with your training shows your resolve that you are willing to be like a willow, always moving, always flowing. Just don’t forget that you should be rooted in yourself, lest you latch onto someone else like a weed-na.”
Chiaki nodded her understanding once more and continued to scrub, getting the dirt out from under her fingernails with her brush and then taking some soap she started to scrub her back when the larger Kyoukan moved to help her, “I can help you with your back if you help with mine-na.” Theraveda chuckled, “It isn’t a fair trade as you have such a small back.”
Chiaki blushed at being called small, but let the other scrub her back, “What would you do if your loved one was in trouble, you know-cha, from something that you could probably stop yourself if you were stronger, or had more control over, or-” Theraveda started to scrub her back and interrupted in the middle of Chiaki’s panicked rambling.
“I would make sure that the person that I loved knew how much I loved them, and tell them about my plans to help them in any way that I could. Then I would let them decide how I could help them, instead of making the decision for myself-na.” Theraveda answered, “But I am Kyoukan Theraveda, and you are Kyoukan Chiaki. I do not pretend to know what Kyoukan Chiaki must do. Just who she must be-na.”
“Then I want to do what I can for my loved one-cha.” Chiaki got up and started to reciprocate on the back-washing for the other Kyoukan woman. Her back was supple, but firm, and almost felt like a blanket of soft muscle under her fingers.
“Your mother is a lucky woman-na; to have someone who cares as much about her as you do.” Theraveda closed her green eyes and rolled her neck, it let out a couple of small cracks as she did so, and the tension of the back muscles, the Rhomboids, suddenly lost the tension of earlier.
Chiaki nodded before stopping her washing and looking at the other woman. Theraveda’s eyes were still closed but a smile crept up onto her face as Chiaki asked, “How did you know about my mother-cha?”
“She told us all to look after you, after all-na. She has a very close relationship to the head priestess and she has also talked about you and her situation to a couple of us. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone who hasn’t been told already about her situation-na.” She opened one green eye, and a hidden smirk was there in its emerald depths.
Chiaki pursed her lips in the start of a frown and sighed, “It’s like you’re all my siblings-cha.”
The other priestess laughed openly at this, “We’re all sisters and brothers, and must live in harmony to keep the temple and the Kyoukan way of life. Of course it’s like we’re all your siblings. What did you expect-na?” She asked with a serious tone.

(3001/3000 control +3. To Be Continued.)
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Thu May 05, 2022 6:53 pm

Chiaki made her way to the bath with the larger Kyoukan in tow, both of them were squeaky clean, as was custom before stepping into the Onsen. Chiaki slapped into the water like a duck, water splashing wantonly hither and thither as she got her bearings in the pool that she had grown up in. The water was warm and inviting and she sighed as she sank beneath the water’s edge past her nose, exhaling and making bubbles in a contented burst of foam.
The other Kyoukan, Theraveda, was more like an otter, slipping casually into the water without many ripples whatsoever. She moved with the current of the water and the whole of the tub seemed to turn more glassy for her being there, almost as if she were a calming influence on the element. She was like an otter to the water, and she moved slowly through it, all the while dragging her lower body slowly through until she sat next to Chiaki on the side of the pool.
“So to begin the lesson, what do you want to be able to accomplish by the time that we are done? I know many different techniques, but I am assuming that you don’t want to know techniques, but know how to control your chakra for the techniques that you have. The more techniquest that you have, the more that you’ll have to make split second decisions on the fly and be able to make the right ones for your patients-na.” She shrugged, “Or so it was when I was a ninja for Kumogakure no sato.” Theraveda beamed at Chiaki and placed her hands in the water, cupping them in front of her and looking at Chiaki.
“Your chakra is like this water, if you are not paying attention to keeping it held inside of you, then you lose it all through the pores in your body, and you expend it in ways which are messy and don’t let you make the most of your chakra. Everyone has a set limit on what they can do, and it is governed by how much chakra they have, yes, but it is also by the amount of chakra they waste on techniques-na.” Theraveda demonstrated by letting her fingers loose and the water drained out of them.
“But that’s not true, we just are taught techniques in a way that doesn’t waste chakra while we are in academy, and by our teachers after while we are Jounin-cha.” Chiaki interrupted the lesson by the older Kyoukan who smiled a pitying smile at her.
“I thought so at first as well-na.” Theraveda sighed and picked up her hands with the water in it again, letting it splash to the pool. “If I try to throw this water at that far wall, say, and the water is moving with chakra, and my hands moving it are the technique, what do you think happens to the chakra?” She held her hands still, and the water. No, the chakra. It stayed still.
“It will go everywhere and some will end up where you want it-cha.” Chiaki answered and the older Kyoukan nodded.
“Precisely.” The older Kyoukan threw the water and about a tenth of it actually made it to the wall. The rest splashed the sides of the onsen, or splashed back into the water. The older Kyoukan then picked up more water in her hand, “And if I know how to control my chakra better, watch what happens-na.” She tossed the water with her hands and wove a couple hand seals and the water turned into a wobbly jet. More of the water actually hit the side of the pool this time, but about half of it still landed in the water below.
“And if I have complete control over my chakra.” She picked up more water again, and then made the same hand seals and concentrated. The water turned into a thin ribbon of liquid, marvelous and beautiful to Chiaki’s eyes as it sailed and nailed the wall, creating a small crack where it had hit.
“And that is why you must control the chakra that you have. Your amount of chakra is always the same, like my hands holding the water-na. But your concentration of getting your chakra to the right place will make it so that you’re able to get the same amount done with less effort, and with the same effort, you can get exponentially more done. Do you understand-na?”
Chiaki nodded, and placed her hands in the water, cupping it and letting it run out. “How do I fix this though?” She pointed to her hands with a small nod as the water was dripping through her fingers and into the water below. “Just keeping my chakra still is hard-cha.”
“That is the first lesson-na.” Theraveda smiled at her and cupped Chiaki’s hands with her own, pressing her side against Chiaki’s. She was uncommonly soft-skinned, and the washing earlier made her smell lovely. Chiaki gulped as the water stopped running through her fingers. “First you find a teacher like me-na, and then we get to the fun part where I help you keep your chakra in, and as soon as you have better hold of it-” The woman’s hands pressed into Chiaki’s and the water stopped dripping through her fingers, “The teacher starts to let go.” She showed Chiaki how she let go of her hands and Chiaki was left with her hands together, holding the water which didn’t tremble in her hands, didn’t seep through the cracks in her fingers.
“Of course it’s not that easy-na.” Theraveda smiled playfully and splashed Chiaki in her face with some water, causing her to drop her hands and shield her face from the play attack. “You always have distractions.”
Chiaki glared as she was wetter now than she had been and wiped the water that had been splashed into her eyes out of them, “Hey now-cha, that was a dirty trick.”
“And your enemies will use dirtier tricks than that to make you leak chakra, to make you lose control over your body, to make you lack control and make your jutsu sloppy.’”

-Training: (1026/1000 CONTROL TRAINING. To Be Continued.)
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Sun May 08, 2022 2:15 pm

Chiaki arose and stretched her arms towards the ceiling, wondering if she would be able to train all of the Raiton jutsu that she had prepared for the day. She had a place set for it, and had prepared the training grounds yesterday, but was also aware that someone could have put things back to the way they were or could have disassembled her hidden place in the woods to practice her jutsu training. She had been told that in order to continue with her Kyoukan jutsu, she would have to master Raiton as well, and she had seen first hand the power that the Raiton chakra carried with it.

Even if she was unable to physically hurt the opponent, it could damage or at least temporarily disable ninja with larger structures and builds. She had to be ready to defend her friends with the jutsu that she had at her disposal, especially because she was physically weaker than the rest of the ninja in the village. She couldn’t hold a candle to most Chuunin, and had graduatated due to her chakra control andher massive chakra pool. It was how she was able to sustain herself and her allies, even if she wasn’t able to keep up with them in speed, strength, or endurance. She could keep on with walking for as long as she liked, realistically, but her speed, strength and power of will were just… subpar to say the least, and awful to say the worst of it.

Chiaki looked around the room before tossing off her covers, running a finger down her body, tracing the mark that Raiton had made on her body and she shuddered. He had struck her when she was a child with a latent Raiton curse, and had scarred her. It was time for her to get over her phobia of Lightning jutsu and use it to her advantage.

Pulling on a sports bra and some leggings, she rubbed sun-lotion on her exposed skin and took her staff. The place that she had set aside for training was outside the temple and would be an easy walk, but it would be in her best interest to be in athletic wear so that she didn’t have to expose herself to anyone wandering past. She had a phobia of sorts to expose herself to anyone that might be watching, probably from the scar that had traversed its way around her entire body. She ran a finger all along it and winced in imaginary pain.

Chiaki tied up her red hair and gave herself a quick smile in the mirror, readjusting the headband over her left breast, and her heart. Perhaps she would get herself some sort of treat after she had trained this Raiton jutsu? Perhaps not though, seeing as she had already gained enough weight.

She could run there though, maybe, and burn off the calories that she would be eating and then get an ice cream?

Then it was decided, she would get ice cream after she had run all the way there and run all the way back to the temple and changed. That would satisfy her that she wouldn’t put on any unnecessary weight.
--

Running over the grass, her training shoes made a faint squeaking noise as some water had wedged its way into them as she had hopped into a stream on the way there, rushing down and towards the sea. She moved quickly and with a purpose. She wanted to not only train the jutsu that she was performing, but keep up on her speed, strength and stamina. She knew that she wasn’t moving particularly fast for a ninja, and she had a long way to go to even be considered a threat with the use of Tiajutsu, but she wanted to be sure to at least keep up so that she wasn’t a hindrance for the next mission.

She remembered the mission with Mariya and shuddered. The man had erected a cage around the building. The smell of burnt and soiled corpses filled the air. The town was full of acrid smoke and the Ote ninja, Ren, was suffering from his wounds, and would probably had died of hypothermia had she left him there in the wet and recently churned ground from the battle.

She snapped to attention and continued on with her hike, finally reaching the top of a small hill, she surveyed her camp that she took off her backpack and sat down. She was already sweaty, so the sweat gear that she had put on that morning was a good idea.

She looked at her first target, a training dummy would be her target for the jutsu. She wove the appropriate hand seals and concentrated her chakra around herself. It leapt into being around her, surrounding her with a bright white of lightning. So this was the ‘Raiton: Lightning Armament’ It was strong for a D ranked jutsu and seemed to not be taxing. She flexed her fingers together and felt the Raiton meld and crackle with power.

Now to try to punch something. She looked at the training dummy and struck it. It sparked and crackled through the dummy all the way down to the ground and Chiaki squeaked in alarm and jumped back, her fear of lightning was still in effect.

Rolling her eyes, she let go of the jutsu. It was an easy one to master, one that a Genin could get after a couple of tries, but her heart was still pounding. She had never wanted to pick up the Raiton style since she had a run in as an infant with it, and it was the cause for her scarring. Placing a hand over her heart, she breathed in and out, trying to slow her heartbeat. That jutsu would be the hardest to use since it cloaked her in the Raiton style jutsu.

Gulping, she moved onto the next jutsu. She went back to her pack and pulled out a scroll. It was the same concept, except that it would be the next step for her to move towards coating another person with Raiton chakra. She would have to make the hand seals and then coat her hands in chakra, then coat her weapon in that same chakra, extending it from her body. She looked at her staff and bit her lip.

The problem that she had with this was that her weapon was made of wood, and she didn’t want to set it on fire. She looked at the training dummy and tried to see if there was any sort of smoke coming from it, but the charred area didn’t seem to be smoking at all, so she wouldn’t have to use the buckets of water that she had set out just for that purpose. It was a fist sized black mark, so she knew that she would have to use it only as a defensive jutsu, and not try to hit anyone without having a backup for her healing jutsu.

She sighed and cradled the staff between her legs while she wove the hand seals and then grabbed her staff. The staff leapt to a charged state and she swung it around. It was making a crackling, snapping noise and she had expected that it would make a noise like a fiery sword or something. Nothing of the sort. It smelled like ozone and didn’t smell of smoke. She looked at the integrity of her staff and it seemed like it was protected by the Raiton chakra rather than being harmed by it.

She went up and smacked the same training dummy with her Raiton: Conductor jutsu and it moved clean through the neck of the dummy and wedged itself in there. Her eyes widened as she jumped back again as it snapped and cracked and the dry stuffing on the inside of the dummy caught fire.

She cursed aloud as she scrambled for the bucket of water and tossed it on the open flames that had sprouted on the training dummy. It was why she had cleared the area of debris before with a rake. She, heaving a sigh of relief, found that her staff was not charred, nor was it burnt, nor was it harmed in any way. It was, actually, still crackling with electricity. That was interesting.

She released the jutsu and tried the next jutsu that she wanted to get the handle of: The Raiton: Stun Gun. This one should be at least less deadly than the other ones, or from what she saw when she had picked up the scroll it would be.

She made the hand seals and stepped back to her maximum range, or what she thought would be her maximum range and took aim as three bullet sized balls of Raiton chakra manifested themselves at the ends of her first three fingers on her left hand. She was left eye dominant and shooting with her left arm as a focal point would be the most beneficial for her aim.

She took a large inhalation, like her sensei had taught her, and let it out slowly, timing the chakra between heartbeats, she fired one off, and it hit right in the middle of the chest, the next one was a couple inches off, and the next a couple inches off of that. They all hit with a short audible “Pop!” and with her chakra control they would cause loss of sensation, but she would be able to, at higher chakra control which she was currently training to have with her elder Kyoukan, Theraveda, be able to cause paralysis.

She grinned as the training dummy didn’t look any the worse for wear, but she knew that the loss of sensation would be enough to incapacitate a genin without force. She would only use the Raiton conductor in extreme circumstances, and the Raiton lightning armament to take blows for her so that she could concentrate on healing and/or mitigating damage on her teammates.

Chiaki looked up at the sky and muttered, “I did it!” The sweat was gone, as these were rather easier jutsu to control and train.

She gathered up her staff and sat down to lunch, looking over the scroll once more and smiling fondly at it. She was going to train all of these jutsu to get a handle on Raiton chakra control, and then she would be able to re-address her issue of the fear of Raiton, and might be able to use it to make surgically precise incisions, help her with numbing pain, and other uses for her medical practice. That and Raiton was strong as a deterrent for a shield for her allies, and she had seen the cage that had surrounded the building when she was on the mission with Mariya.

(1808/1800 words for training:)
jutsu trainedShow
*Raiton • Lightning Armament
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning forms near instantly and requires [Control] Strength to break. During this time, the user's physical strikes apply the Raiton shocking effect.
and
*Raiton • Conductor
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will coat a weapon they are holding in Raiton electricity for 5 posts. This causes the shock effect to be produced on any contact with a target, while also granting blunt weapons the ability to cut through skin to produce shallow wounds. This also works for thrown weapons, however if the projectile remains out of contact with the user for more than 2 posts the technique will dissipate early.
and
*Raiton • Stun Gun
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will channel Raiton chakra to two of their fingers. They will then be able to fire up to three total bullet sized balls of concentrated lightning from their fingertips. These bullets will travel at [Control] speed, but will not have any physical force. Instead, they will apply light electrical burns similar to a sun burn and will apply Raiton's shocking effect.
Last edited by Kanade on Mon May 09, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~My characters~~

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon May 09, 2022 8:34 pm

Chiaki looked back on her trainings with a sigh and got herself another ice pack from the refrigerator in the temple, hobbling back to her room she shut the door and leaned on it.

Everything hurt. Why, why did everything hurt.

Then it all came back to her, the jutsu that had bungled. Oh well, best to just lay it off.

She recalled her time in the field at the time that she was supposed to be on a mission for the kage. It was a time that she had needed to use something like she needed now, having bungled a Raiton jutsu.

Sh worked her hands and her mouth as she remembered:

It was a bit ago that she had gone out in the field with Mariya and the other two, Ren and Furumi. They had landed themselves on a mountain in the cold, with no way to figure out where the ninja were going to strike next. The Ninja, the infamous two brothers, were going from village to village on a rampage for seemingly no reason. Chiaki could still feel the unnatural warmth from the charred corpses.

The first man, that was the one that she had wanted to know the burn ointment treatment jutsu, that Iijutsu would have saved some of the pain at least from the ninja turned wolf called Ote, Ren. The four of them had been up on a mountain and were looking for signs of them and getting impatient when Ren stopped and started to sniff around. It was a horrid experience when she remembered that he had said, “It smells of fire and flesh.”

They had debated doing anything at all in the cave for what seemed like too long. She could have saved more villagers if she had just kept her mouth shut and just had gone to the village.

Or she could have ended up another casualty.

Chiaki shook her head and remembered the scene that she had lain before her. There were people that were scattered in the snow, half buried from the storm but still smoldering because they were too hot to accumulate any snow on their burns. Some of them looked like they had been stabbed. That was by the first brother. He had used them for sport while the second brother had just burned everyone away.

She had looked down at the bodies and had felt numbed by the sensation. There was bile in her throat she remembered, but she couldn’t vomit nor could she swallow safely without doing so. It was like she was trying to swallow something and it was caught up in her throat.

They had been stomping on the heads of the people that were lucky enough to get the chance to run away, and had murdered children tossed from their parents’ arms or so it had seemed.

They were the bodies of the fallen, her first true look into the madness that was being a ninja, that was the madness of what it was to be a chuunin of the village hidden in the clouds.

The only thing that was running through her mind were the extents of the injuries. The crushing of the mastoid process, the occipital bone, align with the axis and atlas so that the person that had their head caved in was dead in an instant. The lucky bastard.

The other thing that had brought horror to her eyes were the women who were tied to the poles of the village with their husbands bound and killed in front of them. The women had died of burn wounds to the legs and feet and had gone into cardiac arrest, and the men had their necks slit, but apparently they had died after the women had. The men all had signs of struggle on their wrists and arms from where they fought their bonds to go to the women that they had loved.

The women were hanging on the poles in the middle of town that were usually reserved for meat or other hanging things, and had their clothes burned clean off.

That was when Chiaki saw the other charred corpses of the children that had been running. It was laid bare before her. A giant fireball jutsu had been used on five children who were running from their assailants, probably to their parents somewhere and had been charred almost beyond recognition by the jutsu. Their skin had peeled back in a blackened char that oozed around the fat that had boiled beneath.

Chiaki especially couldn’t forget, and it had haunted her ever since, the faces of the dead that had been burned alive. They had their faces taken from them so they were unidentifiable, each one almost exactly like the next. They all had grinning white teeth with the plaque burned off of their white grinning faces. The lips had been pulled back by the heat and their eyes had boiled out of their sockets to rest like runny eggs on their swollen and bubbled cheeks. The areas that were more fatty had boiled and burst beneath the skin, making pock marks on the ones that had fat.

Chiaki shuddered, and remembered why she needed to get this jutsu right this time. It was for those people.

(895/800 WC training:
*[Iijutsu • Burn Ointment Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
A relatively simple and handy technique to have at hand, *[Iijutsu • Burn Ointment Technique] is used to alleviate pain caused by burn wounds. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will hover them above the burn wound. As the chakra is channeled into and around the burn, it cools the area and works to prevent harmful, scar-producing blistering in the affected area. To provide this soothing relief to small areas of first degree burns, it's fairly quick to do. For small areas of second degree burns, it takes one (1) post of concentration to achieve the same effects. This technique is ineffective when applied to larger areas or burns worse than second degree.
)
~~My characters~~

Return to “Lightning Empire”