Master and Commando

Punslinger

Master and Commando

Post by Punslinger » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:32 am

“I want your word you’ll keep an eye on him, Oushi.” Ishidai glowered at the young jounin. “He still thinks he’s king of the world sometimes, and forgets that he’s been around almost a hundred years now.”

“I’ll have 3 sets of eyes on him at all times, Tsuchikage-sama.” Ishiro bowed, trying to hide a smirk; the old man in question was arguably the oldest and most hilarious individual he knew. This mission would be a blast.

“Don’t bother standing on formalities, damnit, just do as I ask.” Ishidai huffed, looking out the window at the palanquin several stories below the two. “I can’t believe they managed to make him stay in there.”

No sooner had he spoken, then a ruckus erupted below, with the small group of guards being thrown of their feet as an earthen spike erupted through the now splintered wood of the little transport. From the wreckage emerged a tiny old man dressed in brown robes, dusting himself off as he started walking in the direction of Iwa’s gates.

Ishidai sighed, smacking a plam to his own wrinkled forehead as he sighed, “You’d better go after him.”

Oushi darted out of the room, trying unsuccessfully to smother a chuckle.
CharactersShow
[Rank] Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shin
Missions Accomplished: Shinfo Mission

[Rank] Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato • Tsutomu
Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow
[Rank:] Bannin • Iwagakure no Sato • Sekitan OushiHanpatsuFubuki HabikuroShuuchaku

[Rank:] D-Rank Missing-Nin • Sunagakure no Sato Mamoru

[Rank:] Chuunin• Kirigakure no Sato • Orai, Kouu

[Rank:] Genin • Kumogakure no Sato • Shitagane, Iori

Deleted User

Master and Commando

Post by Deleted User » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Sitting in a relaxed position with his left knee up and right leg dangling off the edge of the barren mountainside, Tomi held an all black leathery binocular to his face, peering through it as he scanned several miles out at his target. Returning the binocular to his side he let out a sigh leaning forward as a gust of dust filled wind shuffled his garments. He had been tasked by an underground organization to take on this highly classified assignation on the former Tsuchikage. The reasons for this hit were not highlighted to him, truth be told he could care less the fact remained that after this assignment he would be that much closer to attaining his goals and aspirations.

Dusting off the golden soil that tattered onto his dark flowing cloak that is buttoned all the way to the chin high collar. The buttons end about hip length however the cloak does not end until it reaches slightly above the ankles and below the knees. Tomi stood on the cliffs edge that reflected the glaring sun with its brownish soil. He quickly removed the headband attached round his neck that became the signature for his most recent allegiance, the "Zodiac". He had to make sure no one could link this assignment to that organization as his actions were being conducted outside the spectrum of the "Zodiac".

The sun above beat down on his milky smooth complexion, his rich, dark, shredded hair, flailing in the wind as he leaped off the mountain keeping his face in the trademark mocking smile and slated eyes. He planed to make his way toward his targets predicted route along the villages transportation roads were the Tsuchikage would no doubt travel.

Punslinger

Master and Commando

Post by Punslinger » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 pm

[OoC: Careful with those binoculars, Tak. Eyes in the sky means you should keep a lower profile.]

As the old man reached a small tunnel in the walls of Iwa, and chuckled as the two guards snapped to attention and performed the jutsu to open the passage.

Oushi slipped in behind him, nodding to the guards as he stooped into the tunnel, his broad shoulders almost making it difficult to move in the cramped space. Rather than continue on in this fashion, the jounin backed out of the passage, and darted up and over the wall as Patsu cheerfully trotted past the guards, following after the old man.

On the outside of the village, Oushi dropped down beside the robed official just as Patsu brought up the rear.

“Oh, it’s you.” Shouhei turned and faced the jounin calmly as he leaned over slightly to pet the head that was nudging against his leg. “Well, at least that young whelp of a Kage sent me someone who won’t annoy the heck out of me.”

“I’ll do my best, Shouhei-sama.” Oushi tried hard to keep the smirk off his face. He’d known the former Kage for years; ever since the old man had resigned as Kage, he and Kobi had resumed their bittersweet friendship, one that involved a lot of drinking, cussing, and taijutsu. Oushi could remember a time when the old man (his grandfather, not this one) had actually thrown the former Kage -into- the mountainside. It was hard to forget, after all; the hole was still there.

How’s it lookin’, Buki?

Clear. The vulture’s contented “voice” rang through the jounin’s head. It was a beautiful day, and the bird was feeling his oats, so to speak.

“Well, let’s get this show on the road, young’un.” the ancient man bounced off down the road in typical ninja fashion, with Oushi and Patsu flanking him on both sides, and Fubuki circling high overhead.
SpoilerShow
Sotsuu (Mutual Understanding)
This works in the same fashion as basic telepathy, but the fact remains that telepathy with animals is little more than an understanding of how they’re feeling and what they’re seeing. This is done through the unexplained powers of the green stones that Fubuki has ingested, and the link between he and Oushi can only work when Oushi has Doki (his weapon) on his person.
CharactersShow
[Rank] Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shin
Missions Accomplished: Shinfo Mission

[Rank] Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato • Tsutomu
Missions Accomplished:
Past CharactersShow
[Rank:] Bannin • Iwagakure no Sato • Sekitan OushiHanpatsuFubuki HabikuroShuuchaku

[Rank:] D-Rank Missing-Nin • Sunagakure no Sato Mamoru

[Rank:] Chuunin• Kirigakure no Sato • Orai, Kouu

[Rank:] Genin • Kumogakure no Sato • Shitagane, Iori

Return to “Rock Country”