Mission: Up There, There is So Much Room

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:41 am

A bird spreads its wings. It is, and has always been, the natural thing for a bird to do. This time, however, it was different. This bird did not only see - it judged. Rats were rats, which it still captured in its talons. A human was judged by his behaviour, and deemed worthy to pass through the bird's territory... Truly an odd phenomenon.
[Chuunin • Kumogakure no Sato • Miyuke RenPoints Achieved: 38]

[Special Jounin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki "Nana" HotanaPoints Achieved: 19]

[Missing-ninFukumitsu HidekiPoints Achieved: 4]

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:10 am

Nizuka walked the path before him alone. He held a strict composure, but was truly in despair and turmoil on the inside. Less than 24 hours ago he had buried his wife in the ground. However he took the path to this mountain, there was something that drew him, whether it was to leave the clan area, avoidance of his newborn son, or some other unknown emotional or spiritual factor. He was guided by only his own misery at the moment.

He grabbed the hilt of his sword and drew keeping it outstretched in his arm in front of him, for in his endless despair there was but one distraction, one small glimpse that had kept him from falling into true despair. "Shizaniar" he whispered while applying a small bit of chakra. His sword burst into flames of purest black. This phenomenon was a new experience to him, but Nizuka knew the reason. For so long my flames and chakra have been the purest white, now in my darkest times, where there but a few glimmers of the past happiness I have felt, my chakra has imitated my heart, and fallen from the great purity to the darkness of despair. Very well this is my new color, this darkness I will accept it, this is my constant reminder, my consequence of that failure, this is my memento of Seziara. With these thoughts behind him Nizuka moved forward into the rising dawn.

Upward he looked, looking to the sky lost in recent thoughts.
OOC: The bird is female
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:07 pm

((OOC: I know, it said in the profile.))
It looked down again, at another human, this one carrying a sword that had burst into flames. It couldn't quite read this one... There appeared to be a conflict of some kind. The hawk soared lower, in order to get a closer look.

[Special Jounin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki "Nana" HotanaPoints Achieved: 19]

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Zakiyoi Nizuka saw a falcon looking upon him as he looked into the sky. There was some unknown quality with this bird, it was different from others, in an unknown manner, it was striking. Nizuka sheathed his blade while keeping an eye on the falcon as it took it's path in the air.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:53 am

While it certainly had a certain fear for this human's capabilities (it instinctively knew), the bird also had a form of hatred... This man predated on the weak. And not for food, territory or a mate, like the hawk itself. No, this man preyed on the weaker to confirm his own status to himself. It was a behaviour previously unknown to the hawk, and one that was met with dismay.

With a fierce cry, the bird dived at the man, talons extended. Perhaps it was wrong, but its instincts told it that it was very much right. And any animal will ultimately act on instinct...

((OOC: Being a hawk, it thinks in somewhat basic terms... Complex emotions like arrogance aren't known to it, and so it seeks to find its own explanation for someone's behaviour. Also, its instincts are really really good.))

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:51 am

Zakiyoi Nizuka looked up at the screeching hawk that was coming to attack him. Did my sword startle the creature, still it would be best not to leave it dead unless it proves untamable and extremely hostile, something minor will do. Nizuka raised his right index finger and pointed it towards the bird's right wing while waiting for it to get just a little closer. "Kaen Kasui no Jutsu" A stream of fire erupted from the tip of his finger, directed at the right wing.
SpoilerShow
Kaen Kasui no Jutsu[Flame Stream Technique]
Range: Close (0m ~ 5m), Mid (5m ~ 10m)
Type: Offense
Prerequisite:Kasaitama no jutsu [Fire Bullet Technique]

The user of this jutsu uses one finger, two if they have chakra control below 4. The user releases a small straight jet of fire that travels towards the enemy, at close range, if the enemy doesn't move after being hurt by it, it can cause burn through the skin.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:33 am

Pointing one's finger at a target in advance is an obvious hint of an oncoming attack, and when the ninja began speaking, the bird altered its angle so that the stream of fire passed above it, enabling it to continue its dive assault without being hurt. It was also smart enough to fly just a bit lower, more in a curve... That way, the ninja wouldn't be able to adjust his jet's angle in time.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:49 am

Smart bird, very well let us see what you are trying to accomplish by letting out your fierce cry and seemingly diving to attack me. Nizuka stood on the ground as the cool air from a light breeze brushed by his face. As smart as it may be, it either did not think to or chose not to come at me with the protection of the to block my view of it, although such a precaution can be easily thwarted, but it does have it's initial merit. Nizuka stood facing the hawk, no hands on the hilt of his sword, waiting to see how close the hawk would get, and it's intentions were.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:34 pm

With its powerful talons, the bird went straight for Nizuka's chest. The human was standing on the very border of its well-defined territory - a strong enough blow should get him out of there. And if the human could take a hint, he would not enter again. If he entered the bird's territory again, a more fierce battle would be certain to ensue.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 am

Well this bird is clearly attacking me or wishes me to truly believe it is attacking me, then I shall respond in kind. Nizuka performed a quick set of handseals while watching the bird's speed waiting for a clear moment. With it's talons flared going for the chest, Nizuka used Shunshin no jutsu to go directly behind the bird with his palm outstretched nearly touching the creature. I hope this doesn't kil you, Katon Shougeki Kaen An eruption of flames came bursting out of his palm.

SpoilerShow
Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
Shunshin no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance.

Katon • Shougeki Kaen [Fire Element • Crashing Flames]
Range: Close (0m ~ 5m), Mid (5m ~ 10m)
Type: Offense
Prerequisite: Kaen Kasui no Jutsu [Flame Stream Technique]

The user of this jutsu opens their palm towards the enemy, after doing the hand seals needed. An explosion of fire erupts from the palm where chakra is concentrated and goes forth explanding from the palm, damaging all in it's path, a direct hit at little farther than point blank range may be fatal, but too close to the palm, although dealing alot of damage, will not allow the blast to expand and deal progressively worse damage. This jutsu is a quick blast, rather than a stream of fire.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:32 am

The bird shrieked in pain and surprise. In the time it took Nizuka to prepare his Katon, the bird had flown just that tiny bit further. That tiny bit was enough for its entire body to be hit by the flame blast. Its feathers did not ignite, but they smouldered, and continued to do so while the bird crashed into the ground.

Another cry was let out, one of pain and helplessness. It couldn't fly while on fire, and it has injured its leg during the crash. Essentially, the hawk was left completely to the mercy of Nizuka.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:16 am

Nizuka was reeling with emotional pain at the cries of the hawk. He instantly envisioned his beloved's dying moments and how much her situation was like the hawk's. Keeping his calm composure for the moment he bent over to inspect the hawk as best he could. This needn't have happened, I will not you die here Nizuka lifted up the bird in his arms and began at first walking back to the village where there would hopefully be a willing doctor who could lend their medical ninjutsu skills."I will not let you to die anytime soon" Nizuka whispered to the hawk. From their he broke his walk into a high speed movement to get back to the village, his hands somewhat burning due to prolonged contact only increased his haste. This pain is nothing compared to what I inflicted upon this creature.
SpoilerShow
Senkou Shunshin no Jutsu [Flash Body Flicker Technique]
Range: -
Type: Supplementary
Prerequisite: At least a 7 in speed

Senkou Shunshin no Jutsu is an advanced high speed movement Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance. The effectiveness depends on the speed of the user. This jutsu is high speed movement, and not an actual space time ninjutsu that makes you disappear and reappear, jutsu such as the Byakugan, and scent tracking jutsu, cannot be fooled by a simple Senkou, if the user of that jutsu has a high speed chakra control and chakra amount, and the user doesn't.

Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:15 am

The hawk lost consiousness within moments of being picked up, and fell into a deep sleep undisturbed by dreams. Possibly it was for the best - better to sleep than to spend your waking hours in pain, even for such a proud animal as this.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:03 am

Nizuka continuosly rushed forth, as the cooling air swept over him and the hawk. He began to see the gates of the village.

(OOC:Didnt really know what to say at this point)
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 am

Upon seeing one of their Sentinels approach, two ninja who were standing guard approached Nizuka. "What happened - is it dead?" asked one of them in shock, knowing what Nizuka's mission was - and how it could fail. The other looked closely. "It's still breathing... Hurry, get it into the village. I'll try to contact you a medical ninja."

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:42 am

OOC: Eidolon is for sunagakure, for Iwa it's just sentinels I believe, and ima edit this soon into a post
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:03 am

((OOC: Paha, you're right. Silly me.))

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:50 am

Nizuka ignored the two shinobi for the most part. To try and get in contact with one was pointless now that he was actually within the village, using high speed movement jutsu Nizuka rushed towards the shinobi hospital in a matter of moments. Nizuka after going up to the hospital walked his way to the front desk.
OOC: I thought this was just a random walk that turned into getting my pet, why would it be a type of official mission, and why would the guards know about it?
Senkou Shunshin no Jutsu [Flash Body Flicker Technique]
Range: -
Type: Supplementary
Prerequisite: At least a 7 in speed

Senkou Shunshin no Jutsu is an advanced high speed movement Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance. The effectiveness depends on the speed of the user. This jutsu is high speed movement, and not an actual space time ninjutsu that makes you disappear and reappear, jutsu such as the Byakugan, and scent tracking jutsu, cannot be fooled by a simple Senkou, if the user of that jutsu has a high speed chakra control and chakra amount, and the user doesn't.[/spoiler]
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:52 am

((OOC: Because pets above a certain rank require missions, not training threads. The guards know about it because it's their job to know about who's out of the village and why.))

"Hello, Nizu- Oh dear, what happened to that bird?" shrieked the lady at the desk, looking pitifully at the hawk. Its leg twitched briefly, and she clasped her hands in front of her face. "I'll find you an inactive medical ninja... Wait here." With that, she ran off to the staff room.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:05 am

Nizuka stood there in the atrium of the hospital waiting with the bird in his arms, standing completely still and expressionless as he awaited the return of the receptionist and a med nin.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:29 am

"...ver here. Yes, I know it's just a bird, but does that mean it shouldn't get any medical attention?" The doctor sighed, but regained his composture upon seeing a Sentinel. "Ah, of course. I'll get right to it. If you'd follow me to the operation chamber..."

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 am

Nizuka walked after the medical shinobi into the operating room, carrying the bird in his arms as he had been. His minor frustration or emotions were nowhere to be seen on him as he showed only calmness and patience, though in truth he was worried for the bird.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:17 am

"Alright. Just lay her down in the center of the circle," said the medic after he finished drawing a pentagram on the floor. "It has burn wounds all over, so an area treatment would be more effective than the usual treatment of a single body part." He lit four candles, and placed each at a point of his pentagram, kneeling by the fifth point himself. "You can stay to watch if you want, but please don't talk. I need focus."

With that, he formed handseals and used his jutsu. The circle around his pentagram lit up, and to the watchful eye, one could see that it was a ring of chakra that went through the candles. From the candles, it spread, until the entire surface of the pentagram was flooded in it. The medic left his palms on the ground for a minute, then stood up. "That should be enough... When the chakra has run out, I'll see if more treatment is necessary. Some parts may not heal sufficiently, but for those, we can use locational treatment."

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:34 am

Nizuka put the hawk in the center of the circle per the doctor's instructions, and watched as he healed her. After he said his diagnosis he then replied, "Can you also do a full body check on any injuries still remaining and heal them."
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 am

"Yes, of course, but I do believe that we should do that after the full-body treatment... We'll reduce all damage, then see what still needs fixing."

The doctor looked on as the glow of his chakra slowly disappeared. "OK..." He kneeled down and used another jutsu, this one apparently used for diagnosis purposes. "From what I can tell, its right wing has suffered heavily from blunt trauma, and its traceartes has suffered thermal injury. I can't treat broken bones, but right now, we should focus on its windpipe... We'll need to take it to a place with high humidity, or it'll choke to death within an hour. Please follow me with the bird." With that, the medic walked out of the room again and held the door open for Nizuka.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 am

Nizuka lifted up the bird in his arms and walked through the open door as the medic nin closed then continued to walk down a seperate way. Nizuka followed after the medic nin at a reasonable pace.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:38 am

"OK... Lay it down on the table here," said the medic upon entering what could almost be considered a sauna, minus the heat present in them. "We'll leave it here for half an hour."

With that, he walked Nizuka out again. "Its windpipe should recover, but its wing... I'm not entirely sure if the bird will ever fly again. And if it does, not nearly to the extent it was able to before its injury."

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:40 am

Nizuka layed the bird on the table as the med nin requested, before leaving the room with the med nin as the bird was left to the operation, drinking in the words of the mednin like vinnegar, although keeping his facial expression clear and unreadable.
How can he so casually say the bird will never fly again, tch. Nizuka looked down at his own arms which had slight burns, especially on his palms.

OOC:Uh U serious about the handicap features of the bird?
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:24 am

((OOC: Dude, you used an attack that you literally hoped wouldn't kill the bird. Of course it's going to have some very severe damage from it... But I wouldn't give up on it quite yet.))

A nurse walked in on the scene. "Doctor Dorian? We need you. A patient has just arrived." With a sorrowful look at Nizuka, the doctor left him in the hall. "I'll be back in thirty minutes."

The bird awoke in the oxygen room. It looked around, and the first thing it noted was that this was not the area it was used to. No sky above him, and it was a lot wetter... The second thing it noticed was that it couldn't move. Then the memories came back. It had been engulfed by fire, and crashed into the ground. It shrieked, and laid itself down to rest. It wasn't going anywhere for a while, so making itself as comfortable as possible would be top priority now.
It knew, somehow, that it would fully recover. It was aware of its own body, and its own healing abilities. It almost felt confident, for as far as confidence was an emotion known to animals. This state was only temporary.
Then another thought presented itself. Who did this to her... As hard as she tried, the bird could not remember.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:46 am

Nizuka stood in the hall awaiting the return of the medical nin to confirm whatever status, and diagnosis the bird is currently in. I was too on edge, however that cannot be helped, these last few days have been very trying upon me....Seziara, what would you have me do at a time like this...Seziara's last words was a request. The request to protect the life that had been growing within her, yet here I am causing danger and damage to a completely seperate life. I have yet to even name him....this is not what Seziara would have wanted. Awaizei, his name will be called Awaizei, but that will have to wait. Keeping his composure throughout his deep thinking, he looked towards the door. But what must I do with you.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Fri May 01, 2009 2:26 am

The medic returned after 40 minutes, looking rather excited. "Good news. I went to the library, and found a method to heal bones. It'll still take some time to recover, but it should be as good as new in a month! Please, don't disturb."

Immediately, he went into the oxygen room, closing the doors behind him. He needed a lot of focus for this, despite the relatively low chakra cost. For the bird, it'd drain a lot of energy, but proper feeding would solve that in time as well.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:34 pm

He left the hospital to go to the library to look up how to do the treatment...?..... Nizuka showed slight surprise at this, but quickly regained his composure. Well this is indeed a relief, however I had hoped he would tell me how long this treatment he had only just read about would take, and does he have the skill necessary to simply begin use mediical jutsu as soon as he reads about it, or was it amazingly simplistic? Nizuka stood outside the room and waited for the doctor to come out.
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:57 am

Some 30 minutes passed, and the bird came out. Its wing was bandaged up, and it seemed to know not to use it. "It's a smart one, that birdie..." said the medic, at whom the bird looked almost thankfully. "Like I said, let her rest that wing for a month. If any complications arise, just let me know."

With that, he walked off. If one paid attention, they could see a small smile on his face - it indicated pride, and rightfully so. OK, so maybe he did know about the bone-healing jutsu all along, but to reveal that right away would rob him of his moment of glory.

In any case, the bird was now left with Nizuka. It didn't seem to remember his face, considering the lack of appropiate hostility towards his attacker.

SaiyanCP9

Post by SaiyanCP9 » Sat May 09, 2009 5:02 am

Nizuka looked at the bird now in his arms, and turned to look at the doctor, to thank him, but he had already walked off. Nizuka then turned to walk out of the hospital the way he came, however he stopped by the front desk, whiling studying the bird's movements. Nizuka turned and looked at the person at the front desk and calmly asked. "What is the bill?"
Enter at own riskShow

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:25 am

"...This is a hospital," answered the receptionist. "We don't charge for our services..."

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:28 am

Time limit exceeded. Again.

Return to “Rock Country”