Mission: Oh, Dilemma

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:27 am

A vulture sat atop of a rock. The passage was small, and frequently traveled - a perfect place for ambushes. Little did it know that the group it had attacked a few days earlier wouldn't stand for it, and that they would send a ninja to kill it. Of course, a bird like this was a valuable asset to that ninja, and he might instead opt to capture it...

In any case, it would all depend on how valuable it presented itself in combat. Succeed the mission, or get a summon? That was the dilemma presented, and only the bird could influence it.
[Chuunin • Kumogakure no Sato • Miyuke RenPoints Achieved: 38]

[Special Jounin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki "Nana" HotanaPoints Achieved: 19]

[Missing-ninFukumitsu HidekiPoints Achieved: 4]

CDF

Post by CDF » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:28 am

Ta-ru had received the mission from the pansy merchants. The merchants swiftly led him and Koji to the beginning of the rocky passage in which they had been ambushed in, where Ta-ru now stood.
”Allright faggot, lets go hunting.”

Ta-ru began to walk forward, not trying at all to be stealthy, the opposite actually. Ta-ru walked loudly, crunching rocks underneath his feet loudly and talking back to Koji with a booming voice.

“bunch of pussies, can't even handle a bird.”
- zenchou
Most intense. Mission. EVER.
[color=#C9B037]Ouji Hito Kazekage[/color] Sunagakure no Sato
Wakatsuki, Zai A-ranked Missing Ninja Kumogakure no Sato

Newb23

Post by Newb23 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Koji walked forward. He tried to be loud with his steps but it was hard for him. "Hmm Koji, Master of the Lightfoots. Ha," Koji joked to himself. He looked forward towards Tar or Ishi as Koji called him.

"Wait we're chasing after a bird?!" Koji shouted forward at Ishi. Thinking to himself Koji snapped his fingers as he thought of something. "I just got a new title. Koji, Lord of the Winged Beasts."
[AKumoYuurei Koji • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 pm

It heard two men approaching, one significantly louder than the other. It couldn't understand what they were saying, but it did know that they were humans - reason enough to be on guard and attack when the opportunity arose.

[Special Jounin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki "Nana" HotanaPoints Achieved: 19]

CDF

Post by CDF » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:54 am

”More like “Koji, Master of the cocks.”” Tar laughed loudly before frowning all of a sudden. “Oh come on, where the hell is this bird. TWWWWEEET FUCKEN TWEEET. OH BIRDEH, COME OUT COME OUT. I GOT A NICE SNACK FOR YOU, MY FRIEND HERE IS OH SO DELICIOUS.” Tar walked forward and yelled out loudly while pointing at Koji at the same time. “This fucken bird better come out soon, this shit’s boring and I want to kill something.”
- zenchou

Newb23

Post by Newb23 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:40 pm

"How bout Koji, Master of Ripping Your Face Off?" Koji said with a slight laugh as he took out a kunai and threw it at Ishi's back. "You know the bird would probably like to eat you better. You got more fat on you," Koji told Ishi.
[AKumoYuurei Koji • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:35 am

Tar was the first to enter the bird's field of vision, and upon recognising him as human, it let out a shrill shriek. Of course, what Tar had said didn't exactly improve his odds of a peaceful encounter - it couldn't understand the exact words, but the tone of voice was obvious.

After that battlecry, it spread its wings and soared at the ninja, very wary of a possible counterattack.

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:36 am

"What a fucken giant ass bird, looks tasty." Tar smiled as he performed some hand seals, his hand becoming covered with fire as he punched toward the ground. "Katon Hashira Jutsu [Fire Column Techniques]" Once the bird got close enough, a giant pillar of fire would shoot out from the ground and fly upwards. With Tars timing, the column of fire would slam into the birds underside squarely.
SpoilerShow
*Katon Hashira Jutsu [Fire Column Techniques]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After completing a short set of hand seals the user will flood their fist with katon chakra and then punch the ground. As they do so a large column of fire will sprout from the ground anywhere within a five foot radius of the user. This pillar of flames is, not only unpleasant to the touch, but is capable of stopping low rank Taijutsu and Ninjutsu techniques (D-rank or lower).
- zenchou

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 am

The bird recognised this human as a ninja, and so it prepared for some form of special attack. As it saw the fist going towards the ground, it figured that being high would be safer than being near the ground, and so it changed direction and went upward. The pillar of flame missed by over a decimeter.

However, the vulture had failed to take convection into account, and was disoriented by the heat. For a moment, it forgot to fly, meaning that it went straight towards the ground. It regained its senses in time for a safe landing, but it wasn't exactly in its best element right now.

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:48 am

Tar frowned as the attack missed but smiled as the bird plummeted downwards. Quickly, Tar performed some hand seals before calling out. " Tar prison no jutsu! " There was a large rushing noise as the tar in his gourd flew out at high speed, nearly all of it left the gourd and colelcted itself in font of Tar in a massive blob before rocketing towards the bird. If the bird didn't find a way to dodge, the tar would cover as much as it's wing as possible near the point where the wing and the body connect, and once it did, the tar would harden, leaving the bird incapable of using that wing.

OOC: we can just go on without newb.
SpoilerShow
Tar Prison
A-ranked ninjujtsu
This jutsu will require nearly all of the tar in Ta-Rus gourd. After performing the necessary hand seals, Ta-Ru would slam his hands into the ground. Nearly all of the tar in Ta-Rus gourd or any of the tar near him, would go flying towards the enemy with a speed of 8. The tar would envelop the person completely from the neck down. if the person has 10+ strength, they can simply break out of the prison.
- zenchou

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:26 pm

It saw the attack coming, and instinctively knew that it could not dodge it by itself. However, it did have a few tricks up its sleeve: as it jumped out of the way, it flapped its wings to create a powerful gust of wind. It wasn't strong enough to deflect the tar, but under the angle the gust was launched, it was sufficient to alter its course a little to the left. Since the bird had jumped to the right, the tar flew past it by a fair margin.

After this, it saw an opening: the human had just used a jutsu, and if its prior experience with humans was correct, it would not be able to use another jutsu until the handseals had been made, which cost time. And so it went for Tar again, its powerful talons ready to cut whatever part of his body it could find.
SpoilerShow
Gust
C-ranked Ninjutsu.
Dankatsu beats his wing forward powerfully, emmiting a powerful wind. The wind moves forward with a speed of 6 and a strength of 6. The wind itself cant hurt, but it can push back anybody with a lower strength and send them flying backwards.[/quote]

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:30 pm

The birds logic was correct, except for the fact that a low rank jutsu had fewer hand seals which could be performed just in time. Tar performed some hand seals as fast as he could. "Living Tar No jutsu!" Quickly, he manipulated the tar in his groud to rush out and create a sort of block of hard tar in front of him. Tar used it as a sort of step ladder as soon as the bird was within reach. Tar leaped off the block and tried to land on the bird neck as it zoomed past. Because the jump was so abrupt, the bird would have trouble dodging.

OOC: btw, the bird can understand and talk in human language.
SpoilerShow

Living Tar
C-ranked ninjutsu
This is a jutsu that requires hand seals to be performed only once for it to last the whole battle. Ta-Ru uses his chakra control to freely manipulate his tar in mid air. The tar can float as long as it’s in liquid form. The liquid tar can be used to block incoming attacks by moving the liquid tar and then hardening the tar as he sees an incoming attack. To harden tar and have it stay in the air, Ta-ru has to have the tar be connected to the ground by other hardened tar as well to give it support and stop the attack from simply pushing the tar forward. In liquid form, the tar can also slow down any incoming attacks by pushing against it and change the trajectory of projectiles by pushing them into another direction
- zenchou

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:44 am

The bird shrieked in surprise, but didn't have time to slow down in time. Before Tar had even jumped off the platform, the bird rammed into it, leaving it disoriented on the ground. Soon after, Tar had made his jump, and landed square on the bird's wing. It cried out in pain - that wing was probably out of order now.

CDF

Post by CDF » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:05 am

Tar smiled as his plan succeeded better than he had expected. Upon landing on the bird, Tar performed some familiar hand seals and slammed his hands against his chest. “Tar prison no jutsu.” The remaining tar from in his gourd and the tar that had been used before all flew to one point, the birds other wing, specifically the spot where the wing connected with the shoulder. Once it reached, the Tar would create a sphere around the wing, making it very had to use considering the weight of the Tar prison.

Tar jumped off the bird and turned so he faced the bird perfectly. “Man, you’re pretty strong for a bird. I didn’t even know birds could fight like that. I would love to set you off in a village and see what happens, that would be hilarious.” Tar smiled as an idea came to him. He moved forward and gave the vultures beak a heavy pat. “ You know I can kill you right? But, I rather not. You look extremely fun to use in a fight, oh lord, the amount of corpses piled up would be multiplied by 3 if I took you human hunting with me.”
- zenchou

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:41 pm

"...You have my interest," spoke the bird. It had originally intended to kill this human, but since he had subdued it, a grudging respect was felt. Not only that, but the idea of killing sprees rather appealed to this rather violent vulture. "Are you suggesting an alliance between the two of us?"

CDF

Post by CDF » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Tar grinned menacingly. “ That depends, think you’re strong enough? Or will every single shinobi beat the shit out of you like I just did?” He began to pace slightly in front of the birds face. “I don’t want a little pigeon by my side you know, I want something that will drastically reduce a village population in a matter of seconds.” Tars face became serious as it stared directly into the eyes of the vulture, releasing a deadly aura while showing the vulture that he was dead serious.
“Think you can do that? If you can, consider me and you partners.”
- zenchou

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:46 pm

"You just surprised me," exclaimed the bird, getting rather defensive as its combat ability was doubted. "Have faith, I am quite the capable combatant. The demand of killing several in seconds may be too much, but I assure you that I can support your own abilities quite well."

...OK, so being encased in tar didn't exactly prove its point, but again, the human used a sneak attack on it. His taunting was slowly replacing the newfound respect with annoyance.

CDF

Post by CDF » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Tar made a taunting smile as he looked at the bird. “Well I’ll just hope you’re not always this easy to surprise. “ Casually, Tar manipulated the tar holding the birds wing, liquefying it and bringing it back into his gourd. “Allright, I think you’re strong enough. Join me and boredom will never be a problem. Lets just hope we don’t cause the world population to drop too much.” Tar laughed heartily and patted the vultures beak once more.
“So, interested?”

OOC: You can end the mission next post, idk if tar has to sign a contract with blood or something. If so, can you just say he did that? Rofl.
- zenchou

K9GM3

Post by K9GM3 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:51 am

Upon release, the bird took a dignified pose. "We have a contract," it simply said. While the actual contract still needed to be signed, the agreement was in place - the official things could wait.

((OOC: Mission failed. I'll close this now. However, with this mission the summon has been made yours.))

Return to “Rock Country”