[Mission] Getting Away With Murder

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:45 am

The construction site where Ishibei had been instructed to show up at was overall a pretty flat and boring place. No towers of steel impaled the blue sky, no bare skeletons of buildings gleamed in the hot light, cheerful conversation filled the spaces with work-chat.

Instead, the site was nearly barren - but for seven shovels, the head of each buried in a seemingly random pattern into the ground here and there, leaving only their handles upright and exposed.

Around him, Ishibei could see bits of trash discarded by some careless hand - food wrappers, steaming rubber, scraps of metal - even a naughty magazine.

What a desolate place.

Of course, soon it would be filled - not with busy workmen and beeping cranes, but with the bones and blood of men bested in battle.

I've got some cleaning up I'd like handled. The names, pictures, and addresses are attached to the shovels. I didn't want to include them in this letter in case it fell into the wrong hands.

These people are related in some way to a man we're holding for information - he hasn't spilled the guts and so it's time for us to make good on our word. They all die because he's keeping his mouth shut. We're busy with other shit so we need you to do a simple hit mission - just kill these people and bury them here. Simple as that. We'll pay you this upcoming sunday when seven bodies have been confirmed.

That's what the note had said - its author anonymous, though Ichibei could tell who had requested the job by the language - a man named Semon he'd only heard of. It was a lucrative opportunity - the mafia boss was wealthy and had made his living on being honest and trustworthy, if not noble. It was a job worth doing.

The addresses were all within a nearby village - its residents were mostly non-shinobi but there was a guard set up at night around the village's perimeter. While it would be easier to sneak in and bring back the bodies at night, it would also be more heavily guarded.

The sun blared down upon Ichibei as he recovered the names and locations from the shovel's shafts. He had a map to the village and everything he needed to know about the people he'd be killing.

# 1 Fujimura Shinichi - Male, 14, athletic (Son)
# 2 Esaki Leona - Female, 39, large (Wife)
# 3 Jokichi Takamine - Female, 21, skinny, flower arranger (daughter-in-law)
# 4 Goro Shimura - Male, 31, average, teacher
# 5 Jiro Watanabe - Male, 23, well-built, boxer (Son, lives with Jokichi)
# 6 Kamato Hongo - Male, 89, frail, (Father)
# 7 Kanichi Asakawa - Male, 38, overweight, butcher (Best friend)

Where would he begin? Who would he target first? How would he prepare? When would he strike?
These considerations had to be taken by the missing-nin as time ticked away.

[Genin • KonohagakureArashi Raikou]
[Genin • KirigakureYukio Minami]

CDF

Post by CDF » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Tar smiled as he read the letter, the targets and the map. His options were to attack now and risk having more resistence and being spotted or go at night and risk fighting a shinobi. In reality, Tar liked both options. Option A, the whole village comes after him and gets to kill them all, option B, he gets to fight a shinobi. However, what led Tar to pick option A was the fact that he really didn't feel like waiting until night.

Tar performed a few hand seals and slammed them against his chest. His gourd shook slightly before liquid tar rushed out from the back of the goard, slipping out thruogh his cloak before collecting itself into a blob in front of him. The blob slowly took on a humanoid appearence before finally copying Tars appearence.

"Mmk, you take numbers 1, 2 and 6. I'll take the rest. Go." The copy smiled menacingly and rushed towards the village. Tar gave him the child, the women and the old man, Since he was a copy, he wasn't as strong as Tar so should just take the weaker targets.

Ishibei reared up his legs and sped off in the direction of the village. Upon reaching it, he would go in through the main entry slowly and casually as his copy entered from the side without being noticed.
- zenchou
Most intense. Mission. EVER.
[color=#C9B037]Ouji Hito Kazekage[/color] Sunagakure no Sato
Wakatsuki, Zai A-ranked Missing Ninja Kumogakure no Sato

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 pm

It wasn't long before Ichibei's tar clone reached the village. After staking it out from all sides, it finally found a pretty unobtrusive entrance: A man's yard at the western edge of the village had an open fence with no guard. It took only moments to slip in and blend in with the village folk. Despite his appearance, this village wasn't as simple as it may have seemed from the outlook; though they weren't shinobi, they weren't peasants either, and strange, unique fashions were commonplace; few, if any, wore the standard farmer's uniform that were abundant in other, smaller villages. This was fortunate for Ichibei and his clone, as they wouldn't need to worry about blending in. The clone was able to walk from the road at the poorer area of the village into the main square of town, and quickly reached the residential area. Some very basic intelligence reminded it of its destination, and after checking the first target, it headed to the home of Jokichi Takimine. It was a quaint little apartment, wheat in color, with two small windows on either side of a wooden door. Flowers grew in sills beneath the windows and the smell of cooking wafted through the air - even the clone's limited senses could enjoy the delightful smell of coconut curry and boiling green tea.
It would then have to decide how to go about taking this woman out...

Ichibei arrived not long after his clone did. He got an insincere smile and wave from a guard as he entered the village, but from then on out, eyes followed the cracks in the pavement or the hands of shopping customers. All around him, a cocophany of noise and activity swelled as people bartered and bought food and supplies. Chicken droppings, trash, and stale hay covered the ground in all directions and the smell of sawdust was thick in the hot, heavy air.

It seemed that Ichibei would have to head further into the village to find the residential housing area.

((OOC: Please edit in the jutsus you use during the mission. Also: Tar gave him the child, the women and the old man, Since he was a copy, he wasn't as strong as Tar so should just take the weaker targets. As you can see you used your player name not your character name, try to be conscious of things like that when posting since they fail and such :P Also please don't forget to address your clone's actions so we can move this along without me having to wait X days for you to edit a thread posting your clone's action before i can reply...))

CDF

Post by CDF » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:59 pm

The clone wasted no time. Its creators original personality was struggling slightly as he walked past several potential victims but the copy kept it under control as it arrived at the apartament. The copy calmly and casually walked up to the door before knocking on it. Whoever opened it would have their mouth covered up immediatly and would be pushed back as the copy closed the door behind him. Once the door was closed, the copy would pull out a kunai from its pouch and rest it against the persons neck. If this person was the target, he would simply kill her and carry her on his back. His gourd would hold her in places while the cloak would hide the body as he ran back to the construction site. If the person wasn't the woman, the copy would use this person as a sort of hostage until he finds the target in the house. Once he did, he would kill the person he was holding and leave them on the ground before doing the same as planned before to the target.

If he managed to get the target, he would carry her hidden on his back right out the front door.

--
The original Tar walked through the city casually, avoiding the several appealing smells that entered his nose. Tar had to try his best to control the urge of killing every single person in this village, but he would manage. He kept walking at a steady pace towards the targets location.

(OOC: Sorry bout that, i always forget to do bunshin. Also, iShibei Sento's nickname is Tar, or Ta-Ru which is what i usually call him isntead of ishibei. not sure what you mean by player name vs character name. Also, please excuse any errors, i'm on a very old computer with no microsoft word D:)
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Tar's clone knocked firmly on the front door. A woman's voice was nearly inaudible from within the dwelling and the doorknob began to turn. However, instead of a defenseless young woman, a well-built young man answered the door. He wore black shorts and a sleeveless black tanktop, and his hair was slick with sweat. A fine layer of stubble covered his jaw and his eyes were at first pleasant, probably the residual effect of the woman and the smell of food, but immediately it turned suspicious. His muscles tensed and his jaw clenched as he looked warily at the illusory Tar.

"I'm right about to have dinner with my wife. What do you want?" He asked bluntly.

- - - - - - - - - -

The real tar continued through the village. Several obstructions slowed his journey....

In the center of the alley, in broad daylight, a young boy in rags begged him for change, his grubby hands cupped together like he was about to drink from a pond. Nobody else seemed to notice and business went on as usual around him, as if he wasn't in need, as if nobody cared. His eyes were bright and his smile real as he hoped for a gesture of kindness from this man who he had yet to see - or be let down by.

(OOC: Okay, I shoulda checked your character sheet but I assumed it was an error since your username (player name) matches the name you used on your character (thus the confusion)))

CDF

Post by CDF » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:39 pm

The clone did as it had planned, quickly, he moved forward, pushing his hand outward towards the mans mouth while at the same time pulling out a kunai from his pouch in the blink of an eye while moving towards the inside of the house. The copy attempted to twirl the man around as he closed the door with one foot and kept his kunai on the mans neck, pressing it slightly so as to make sure he would not struggle. If the copy succeded, he would force the man to walk until he reached the target before calling out to her.

"Any movements, any screaming, anything of the sort and this man dies. "

---

The real Tar became a little frustrated as he realized he was beginning to get lost, the urge to kill random people and just hope one of them was the target was becoming increasingly present. As the young boy asked him for change, Tar remembered of himself as a boy. The sight was so.. so moving.. so touching... so.. so... beautiful, it made Tar want to simply kick the boy for being pathetic and move along. But since Tar was lost and growing impatient, he examined the boy before speaking with a firm serious voice.

"If you can take me to Esaki Leonas house, i'll give you some money."

OOC: i just noticed, i had the original give the copy numbers 1, 2 and 6 to kill because i didnt want him to have to fight with the boxer, but meh, just hope the boxers not too strong :P
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:39 pm

As Clone tried to move into the door, Jiro, who was evidently the boxer that lived with Jokichi, reacted by lunging forward and throwing a powerful punch to the clone's sternum, attempting to crush the windpipe of who he though was a common crook. Unfortunately, although he was a muscular well-trained fighter, even a clone with only a portion of its original's strength had more speed and technique; such was the difference in power between a shinobi and a regular man.

As the punch was thrown, the Clone could easily slip between the gap in his defense, get behind him with the knife to his neck, and close to door to block the view of any stray pedestrians that might have peeked in and reported the sudden attack.

Clone turned Jiro around to face the woman who now entered the room. She wore a flower-print dress, a flour-coated apron, and her black hair was fanned out on top of her head, pinned up to stay out of her eyes, which on any other day would have been a brilliant green...but now, they were brimming with tears evoked by a mixture of surprise and terror.

"Ji...Jiro! What's going on?" she said in a meek voice, trembling with fear.
The man's adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed, hard, against the cold edge of the blade. His voice struggled to stay steady despite the fury and fear within his heart - he tried to put on a brave face for the woman he loved, so that she would not be afraid, but neither of them had any defense against this kind of raw terror.

"Jokichi...Listen to me, baby...Do what he says, okay? Don't give him a reason to hurt you."

Jokichi, the clone's true target, shook with visible fright as she nodded. "P...Please...don't hurt him...We...We'll pay you...We...Oh...Oh, oh! Jiro...you have to throw the fight, that's all! They want you to throw the fight so that they make money, oh that's it isn't it?" She tried to invent a reason for why this man could be here threatening them. Evidently she thought that he was a henchman who wanted to scare Jiro into throwing a fight so that those who bet against him could cash in.

Jiro swallowed again and started to nod, but with the knife to his throat, instead, he firmly said "Okay. Okay. No problem. I'm a proud man, but I'd rather be alive. Just tell me who to throw the fight against, and in what round. I promise I won't flake out."

Jokichi stared at the clone, pleading with her eyes as they brimmed with tears, wishing with all of her heart that this situation could be solved so simply...

- - - - - - - -

The little boy's eyes lit up and he grinned with excitement.

"Sure, mister! Just follow me okay, I know a shortcut because, uh, I used to do errands for him! Come, come!" He ran into a nearby alley, slowing down long enough to beckon Tar with a grubby fist to join him.

((OOC: Lol, yep, #3 lives with #5...oops.))

CDF

Post by CDF » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:08 pm

The copy smiled as his plan worked perfectly, the smile only grew as he witnessed the terror. "Yes, I'm here to make sure you lose your next match, maybe it will loosen your fathers tongue." Without any warning, the copy expertly sliced across the boxers neck. There were no needless movements or any room for it to be prevented, the boxer would fall to the ground dead. Once that happened, the copy would jump with great speed and land in front of Jokichi, doing the same as she did to her husband by keeping his kunai pointed at her neck. " Same as before, you scream, I kill you. Don't scream, you have a chance of living.
How many will I get to kill before your father in law squeals, I wonder."

---
The orginal Tar began to follow the child down the alley while at the same time he performed a simple hand seal. "Living Tar no jutsu" Tar had learned to always be suspicious and ready, especially in places such as alleys. The living tar jutsu should be able to last until the mission was over. Calmly, Tar followed the child.
SpoilerShow
Living Tar
C-ranked ninjutsu
This is a jutsu that requires hand seals to be performed only once for it to last the whole battle. Ta-Ru uses his chakra control to freely manipulate his tar in mid air. The tar can float as long as it’s in liquid form. The liquid tar can be used to block incoming attacks by moving the liquid tar and then hardening the tar as he sees an incoming attack. To harden tar and have it stay in the air, Ta-ru has to have the tar be connected to the ground by other hardened tar as well to give it support and stop the attack from simply pushing the tar forward. In liquid form, the tar can also slow down any incoming attacks by pushing against it and change the trajectory of projectiles by pushing them into another direction
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:38 pm

Jokichi's eyes bugged and streamed silent tears as she watched her lover fall to the ground, his throat split open and frothing like a fountain of blood. Stiff with terrified paralysis, she swallowed hard a few times as if she was trying to wake up, her hands clasped together at her chest, as if to comfort the knife-like pain that pierced her heart as surely as it had pierced Jiro's throat. She seemd completely unable to speak or reply to the clone's question, as her whole world crumbled before her very eyes.

---

The child turned a corner and vanished out of sight. As Tar turned that same corner, a hail of stones came from above, thrown by an assortment of dirty street children, bare-chested or draped in stinking rags. They cheered in unison, a sound of freedom that said they knew they could take on any adult as long as they stuck together. The rocks would be painful and irritating, but lacked the strength to knock Tar out. The children quickly realized this, and the dirty little boy who had led Tar into the trap, now sitting on a roof above, peeking over with his legs dangling down, yelled out "Okay, do it!" From behind Tar there was movement and someone-or something-lunged at him from behind with a howl.

CDF

Post by CDF » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:25 am

The clone saw that keeping the womann wouldn't be beneficial in any way, so he did the same as he had done to the boxer and cut across her neck. Once she fell to the ground, the copy performed a few hand seals and called out. "Tar bunshin no jutsu." In seconds, a new copy was created next to the last copy. Both copies were now considerably weaker than the original, but they were still strong enough to do what was planned. The copies helped each other by taking off their cloaks and mounting the dead bodies onto the others back, loosening and manipulating the gourd of tar so that it held the body in place. Once both of them were ready, one of them walked out the front door and went back the way it had came and minutes later, the other copy followed. They kept a good distance apart so nobody would realize there was two of them.

They headed to the grave site where they would place the bodies, cover them up and then simply kill themselves in a way, turning back into a pile of liquid tar.

---
Tar sighed and brought out the tar in his gourd with great speed, sending it out in front of him and hardening it so that it blocked all the rocks. Without looking back, Tar pulled out a kunai and swung backwards when he heard the howl get near him. From the sound, Tar could accuratly hit the target so the swing would most likely hit. Hopefully, whatever it was, it would get pierce
SpoilerShow
Tar Bunshin
C-ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the neccesary hand seals, Ta-ru can create a tar like clone. Like a Mizu bunshin, the Tar Bunshin has the ability to interact more with the environment due to it having physical substance. This allows the clone to carry out limited attacks on its target. TIf the tar Bunshin is injured, the clone will usually revert back into its natural tar state. The user distributes a sufficient amount of chakra equally amongst their Tar Bunshin clones. The clones can use tar (nippou) Ninjutsu depending on the rank of the user. The tar bunshin can use E,D,C, and B-Ranked (one) Jutsu
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:15 pm

(5/7 remain.)

--------------------

The person who had attacked from behind was no shinobi, and lacked the reflexes or defensive ability that would have been required to deflect Tar's attack, and the powerful blow of the kunai knocked him to the ground, where he began bleeding profusely. The children had scattered, leaving the grimy old man in a tattered cloak behind. It seemed that he was unrelated to the seven, but perhaps the street rat knew where the others could be located? Such a coward like this, who used children to lead men into traps, would surely squeal if he felt he could protect himself.

CDF

Post by CDF » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:42 pm

Tar laughed as the pathetic old man fell to the ground, his head bleeding as the kids scattered. Tar had half a mind to chase them all and make them tree ornaments. Instead, Tar turned to the old man and moved to lift him by the collar. " I should kill you now, but i'll give you the same offer i gave the child. Except.." Tar let go of the collar and instead flung his hand forward towards the olds man neck, if he caught it, he would squeeze tightly. " In exchange for your services, i dont kill you. Take me to these houses and tell me everything you know about them. " Tar released the old man and flashed the list in front of his face. Tars face was extremely frightning as he stood with his considerable height, towering slightly over the old man, only adding onto his already intimidating aura. "Remember, i can kill you before you can even think of screaming"
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:42 pm

The man was a bit delerious from the blow to his head but through the fog of pain and injury he seemed to be conscious enough of the situation so he gave the list a glance with eyes rolling around in his head, and muttered "I...know.../Kanichi...the butcher...he sometimes leaves scraps...of food for me...outside his door..." It seemed he was greatly wounded and near a state of unconsciousness, but managed to give Tar verbal directions. He would need to continue on through the alley, and take a left at the fork. After going left for a few minutes he'd come out of the winding alley into the main road and be able to travel straight ahead for two miles, reaching a shop with dried meat hanging in the window and the smell of roasting meat coming from inside. It seemed that this shop doubled as the butcher's home, as there was a second story above and through the dusty window, wet laundry was hung on a line.

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:41 am

Tar smiled and threw the man onto the ground before walking away, leaving the old man to die of loss of blood. After following the directions, he reached the butchers shop and apparantly his home as well. The meat in the window wasnt very appealing but the smell of roasting meat was definitely refreshing. Tar swung open the door to the butcher shop casually, considering that meat was roasting, he expected the butcher to be inside.
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:46 am

As Tar opened the door, a bell chimed, and the owner turned to meet his eyes.

"Allo there. What's your order number?" said the jolly voice of a large man. He wore a grease-stained white apron over his large belly, and a mane of white hair fell all over his wrinkled face, which sweated from the heat of the stoves. This was Kanichi Asagawa, the "best friend".

((OOC: Short to move this along since there's a lotta ppl to kill :P))

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Tar grinned as the butcher asked him what his number was. Tar knew it was a corny thing to say, but he couldn’t help himself. “69” With a small chuckle, Tar casually grabbed a cleaver that was resting on the counter and sliced it downward towards the butchers head.

If the man died, Tar would do the same as his clone by manipulating his gourd to hold the body and then cover the body up with his cloak and cary it back to the cemetary before hurrying back to the village.
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:08 pm

(4/7 remain.)
----------------------

As Tar swung the cleaver, the butcher's eyes widened in an expression of surprise. He held out his meaty arms to guard, but the blow was powerful - it lopped off his arm down the middle and split his skull like a rotten grapefruit.

The large men went down, felled as easily as the animals he himself had slain and cooked for profit.
His sizable frame caused a heavy thud as it hit the dirty ground, and a crash of pots and pans followed, a souvenir he had brought with him as he clumsily collapsed. He was surely dead, and Tar wouldn't have any problem transporting the man to the cemetery - Fortunately for him, it was still mid day, and the activities outside drowned out the noise of struggle.

The sun was fading, though, and by the time Tar got back to the village, dusk would be settling...

CDF

Post by CDF » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Tar squinted, trying to read the map in the dim light. It was getting late, the shinobi guard would be out soon. Tar wanted to fight him but wanted to finish the mission first. Following the map as best he could, Tar walked towards Goro Shimuras house. Take the ones most likely to cause trouble first and leave the weakest for last.
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:42 pm

The address give to Tar for Goro Shimura's residence wasn't too far from where he had originally entered the town. Unfortunately, the house was locked and vacant. Perhaps he was still at work? The note said he was a teacher, so Tar would have to either find his way to the nearest school (unfortunately, the details were vague - which school could it be? Were there more than one?) or leave that part for later, when the teacher might be home.

CDF

Post by CDF » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:20 am

Tar swore and sighed to himself before walking to the old mans house instead. He had to move fast, maybe he should kill all the targets first and ten carry them to the site. The journey to and from the construction site took too long, if he planned on fighting the guard only after killing the targets, he would have to be very fast.

Tar looked down at his map and hoped his navigational skills were getting better as he walked towards the elderly mans house, hoping for an easy kill.
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am

((OOC: That post was waaaay too short. Which is partially my fault for being lazy. But yeah we need to increase the length plz.))

CDF

Post by CDF » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:18 pm

sorry, didnt know what else to post but tried to make it longer.

yes, i know, that's what she said.
- zenchou

Mendokuse

Post by Mendokuse » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:13 am

The old man's house wasn't too difficult to find. It was one of the largest buildings in the village. Unfortunately, it seemed to be a caring unit of some sort. The ground floor resembles a hospital lobby, where white-aproned staff bustled about and jotted down notes on their cliboards as they fed elderly patients supplements and pills.

A brunette woman in a white nurse's uniform looked up as Tar entered the building and smiled at him with a cheerful, if weary expression. "Welcome. Are you family or friend?" she asked in a voice that said she'd asked the question way too many times.

CDF

Post by CDF » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:24 am

Tar groaned as he realized where his target was. A building full of weak, frail pathetic beings. It was too much temptation, Tar would have a hard time controling himself. Tar tried to smile but it came off more as a sinister grin.
“I’m a friend.”
Tar there wouldn’t be any more questions and that the old man was in an isolated place.
- zenchou

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:40 am

(OOC: Mendo timed out. You passed. <o/ )
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

Return to “Rock Country”