Iwa Festival, come one and one at a time!

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Altair's day had been boring from the start. Nothing new, nothing grand. He'd actually started to think that Iwa was losing it's touch. Usually it had at least a few people around, and now it was midday but today the market was clear. It took him a second to remember that there would be a festival tonight. He checked his watch, 5 hours until it began. Or rather, 5 hours until the sun went down and the party would really have a good start. Aina, his foster mother had agreed to assist in setting up for the festival, she'd hoped to make it exciting and beautiful. Her son had agreed, despite his usual apathetic air. Even if his face remained blank, there would definitely be excitement boiling up inside. The festival...I believe Mother said it would be on the west side of town. Better make my way there. In a moment, the genin began surging through the streets, he may not have looked it, but he was definitely ecstatic.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:24 am

'Finally,' Jun thought to himself, 'An assignment that won't give me a nervous breakdown. Besides, it should be fun!' The Chuunin, along with a few others, had been assigned to watch over the festival and to make sure everything went smoothly. As per the normal regulations of Iwa, public displays of displeasure in the governing bodies was considered treason, and, to enforce that, many nin had been dispatched to make sure nothing occurred at the festival. Jun, admittedly, perhaps had lost the scope of the assignment and was far more interested in attending the festival. He knew many of the towns people, and he waved and called to them as he dashed across the rooftops. He could see children and young adults surging toward the center of the action that would occur in a few hours. The nervous ninja could not, however, bring himself to take off his normal ninja attire; still sporting all his weapons and wearing his flak vest. Though he wore these items proudly, it was more his severe passive behavior that made him cautious to take them off.

Jun leapt through the hanging lights, all brightly colored and festive, and landed in the street nimbly. The ground beneath his shinobi sandals was already lighty dusted with confetti and the crowd split around him to make their way to the festival. No one seemed concerned that a fully-armed nin was here to monitor the events; in times of mounting conflict it was events such as these that kept the people in high spirits. Looking down the avenue towards the people rushing towards him, he spotted the gleam of a forehead protector. Quickly inspecting the youngster (though he didn't seem all that much younger than himself) he identified him as a genin. Jun liked keeping on eye on the upcoming ninja force, and the thought of watching them grow into fully fledged nin instilled upon him conflicted feelings of pride and regret. But this was a festival, fun was the priority, and Jun planned on having his share.

"Hold it right there, bucko!" Jun called to the young genin, holding his arm out cartoonishly in an effort to stop the blank faced youth, "No long faces in here! Only smiles!! You heard me, all smiles!!" He was attempting to be funny and uplifting, he really was, but his nervous diction might have prevented him from being as humorous as he would have liked. Nonetheless, he was trying...

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Altair's crimson eyes showed no real emotion, not even as he sped right past Jun. He did, however, slow to a stop and turn back to look at the higher ranking Chuunin. The genin searched his pockets and pulled out a small piece of paper, it was evidence that he'd volunteered (more like his mother, but him nonetheless) to assist in preparations for the festival. He put the paper away again and started walking at a normal pace now, to the area his mother would be working in.

((OOC: Sorry if it seems hard to talk to him, it's just his personality.))
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 pm

OOC: Quick post a gogo~
To see the great Iwagakure no Sato in the midst of a festival was a beautiful sight as people hustled back and forth; carrying boxes of games and prizes, packs of children yelling and running in excitement, vendors setting up food stalls-
Kamina's stomach whined a response to her brief thoughts of food, and she shot it a stern look.
"Quiet, you," she hissed, poking her stomach lightly. She had no time to say more as she ducked quickly to avoid being hit by a large metal grill plate, and sighed with relief as they placed it safely over a bed of slowly heating coals.
One of the men who had been carrying the grill stomped over to scold her.
"Geez, you could stand to be a little more careful, little lady. We're handling heavy stuff here!"
Kamina raised an eyebrow and huffed, the white scarf around her neck slightly perturbed at the gentle action.
"Listen buddy, I'm used to dodging stuff way more dangerous than your silly old grill! Who do you think I am, huh?"
The metal plate on her hitai-ate twinkled from its hiding place in the folds of her scarf. The gleam did not go unnoticed, as the burly vendor immediately gaped.
"A...you?! You're a shinobi! My apologies! We should've looked first!"
Kamina frowned. "Oh, so? Just cause I'm a shinobi, I-wait. Aren't you that guy? The one who makes really good ikayaki, and takoyaki?"
The vendor's frown dissapeared as his chest puffed out in pride. "So you've heard of me, eh?"
The jounin squealed and waved the folds of her dress excitedly. "Are you kidding?! I love your stall the best, for sure~"
Kamina continued to chat with the vendor as his assistants painstakingly set up the stall.
The sunset was nearly over, and the last few stall slots were still unpacking their things.

Infinites

Post by Infinites » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:22 am

Makai was lazily walking around town, trying to find something to do. He wore a white tank top and a baggy pair of black pants. He wore a wore pair of flip flops, that looked like they'd been through hell. After walking a good distance Makai stopped dead in his tracks. He straightened up out of his slouching position and looked up at the sky. "I'M SO FUCKING BOOOOOOOREDDD!!!!!!!!!" he yelled up at the sky, putting his arms up it the air, fists clenched. Makai had reason to be bored, he had been walking around like this all day with NOTHING to do. He might have gotten ready for the festival, but Makai had no idea one was taking place. Makai never was good with calendars.

Getting fed up with his boredom and loneliness, Makai made a few quick seals and then bit his thumb til a steady trickle of bloody began to flow from it, activating his summon. In front on him two small demons emerged from a small splash of water, and spark of fire respectively. Cseppecske looked around the area he was in curiously, while Égve looked like he just had a heart attack, but didn't he always? "What's going on Takai?" Cseppecske asked while Égve seemed to look around, like something might jump out at him.

"What's going on? Nothing! And that's exactly the problem! I'm so bored!" Makai had his hands on his head, and he looked like he might rip his hair out from boredom.

Égve came forward a bit and asked in a timid voice, "Well... Uh... Why did you summon us though?"

"I summoned you so I wasn't completely bored out of my-" Before Makai could finish his sentence a loud boom echoed from the west side of town. With the sun now set, someone must have been playing with fireworks they bought at the festival. To Makai, this was a god given sign. "FINALLY! SOMETHING IS HAPPENING!!" Makai yelled as he raced off toward the sound.

Cseppecske and Égve stood there for a moment before realizing quite what happened. They looked at each other, then turned their attention toward the cloud of dust that indicated Makai running off into the distance. "...... WAIT FOR US!!!!!!!!" Both demons yelled as they raced after Makai, Cseppecske sounding excited, while Égve sounded more like an abandoned child at the mall.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageCompanionsMissionsSocialsNaegi, YanagiGeninSunagakure no SatoMica11Shoshiki, TegakariGeninIwagakure no Sato---
Bane is so awesomeShow

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 am

(OOC: It's ok ^^. Jun won't take it well though...poor guy.)

Jun felt his heart drop like a boulder, the kid just passed him by. That was the best goofy line he could come up with and his failure to make a kid even smile now became the most important thought on his mind. The heavy weight of low self-confidence made him cumbersome and he did the only thing he could do to at least keep himself busy; his job. He walked through the festival as many vendors were preparing their stalls and decorations were being hung. There was a depressed and blank look on Jun's face as he gazed around from the street and an aimless stare as he watched from the rooftops. That little run-in with the genin was going to leave him in a funk for a while now. He could have gone after the genin, but he'd responded so coldly to Jun that the chuunin lacked the courage to do so. 'Should I have just said hi rather than come up with that goofy line? I just made a fool of myself in front of everyone and that kid has probably gone off and won't forget the older ninja who failed at being even the least bit funny. That's how he'll remember this festival, it'll stick in his mind more than all the candy and fireworks and dango and gamesandfriendsandeverything...' These were all of the thoughts that were going through his mind as he tried to at least keep an eye out and make it look like he was doing his job.

Finally making his way from the rooftops back to street level, he saw some familiar faces. Jun waved idly at the townspeople he passed and turned down many offers for free dango; his stomach wouldn't have allowed for it anyway. The atmosphere eventually got the better of him and he started feeling a little more upbeat in moments. His pathetic breakdown probably didn't last more than a few minutes, though he wasn't really able to tell. Sure enough though, he ran into the genin again, which was enough to make Jun run into a sweat. Words weren't coming to him well, he didn't know whether he should just walk on and pretend he didn't sim him or say a word or two. Quickly turning left, he made his way to a beef grill and ordered some food. Jun probably didn't even intend on eating anything, but his neurosis led him to craziest of plans and he kept an eye on the genin and on everyone. After being handed his beef on a stick and paying, he just stood there and watched, not even making a motion to begin eating...

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 pm

"Altair, glad to see you didn't forget!" Aina yelled as she saw her foster son approaching. "Listen, I was hoping you would help me set the streamer's up around the roofs of the building's in this area. Could you do that for me?" The boy nodded and took a few bundle's that Aina had held out to him. He leaped to the top of a building and started to set up a few streamers there. He moved on to the next building, and the one after that. The people he passed, they all showed immense joy that the festival was going on tonight. He noticed a girl talking with one of the men running a food vendor, she seemed especially excited. As he moved on he also spotted the man from before. He hadn't even given his name. Maybe the kid was getting softer than before. The Chuunin looked a bit bummed out. With a sigh, Altair jumped from the roof and landed in front of the shop he was in. The genin entered and tapped his shoulder. He held out his left hand in a way for the man to shake it, he would've used his right but he still had his claw gauntlet on. "I'm Altair, and you?" He said in a whispery voice.
Cleared

Infinites

Post by Infinites » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Makai ran through town like a run away freight train, not even looking where he was going. Until he crashed into a small cart being used on the festival. "HEY! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, LEAVING THIS PARKED IN THE STREET FOR ME TO RUN INTO?!" he yelled at the vendor, as if he intentionally left the cart in Makai's way.

The vendor, a short bald man with a long curly grey mustache dressed in extremely colorful garments, looked twice as angry as Makai. "Why was it in the street?! There's a festival going on! Why were you running like an idiot and not looking where you were going?!?" If the man had and hair, he looked as if he'd be ripping it out by handfuls.

Makai had stood up and was brushing wood splinters off him from the smashed half of the cart. "A festival eh? 'S better than just walking around I guess." Makai seemed to have forgotten his shouting match with the vendor. Of course he was never mad in the first place. Makai just started walking down the street, the vendor yelling at him til he was out of site. About five minutes after smashing the cart Cseppecske and Égve caught up with him.

"DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" Égve whinned at Makai, clinging tightly to Makai like a child.

"Woah! Is there a party going on or something?" Cseppecske asked while admiring the lights and lanterns lights hung around the festival grounds.

"Eh? I wondered what happened to you two. You guys are so slow." Makai said in an uncaring tone. "Yeah Cseppecske, some kind of festival." Makai kept walking down the street with the two demons in tow. As he walked down the street something caught his attention in the corner of his eye. It was a regular stand, just a grill. Selling of course, beef. They had Makai as a customer before they knew it. "BEEEEEEEEEEFFFFF!!!" Makai yelled out as he shoved past Altair and Jun to get to the counter. He quickly ordered several kabobs, throwing two off to the two demons behind him once they came, after he paid that is.

"I wish you wouldn't make a scene out of such small things..." Cseppecske complained as he ate his kabob. Tenma demons didn't really tend to eat much regular food, but to Makai's knowledge they never turned it down when offered.

"I wish you both weren't always so loud..." Égve stated, quietly eating his kabob.

"Oh shut up and eat you two!" Makai said as he threw aside a finished stick from a kabob, quickly beginning to eat another.
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageCompanionsMissionsSocialsNaegi, YanagiGeninSunagakure no SatoMica11Shoshiki, TegakariGeninIwagakure no Sato---
Bane is so awesomeShow

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:19 am

Kamina ignored the commotion at the beef grill; it simply wasn't her thing. Besides, a main character didn't always need to be in the middle of the commotion in a story; she knew that all too well.
"So," she said, addressing the vendor, "What's your name again, mister?"
The vendor beamed proudly. "I'm Chouma, of Chouma's BBQ grill! I'm surprised I've never seen you in there, shinobi-san."
Kamina laughed sheepishly. "Well, when I'm not cooking my own food, Chouma-san, I usually get take out, or eat soldier pills. I rarely get any time to eat out anymore; busy, busy shinobi life, you know?"
Chouma nodded as he lifted a few more boxes and stored them underneath his makeshift counter in the booth.
"Oh, I know your lifestyle well; I have a son, a jounin, like you, Shishiki! He just got assigned to be a hunter-nin; we're all so proud!"
Kamina clapped happily. "That's excellent news! I'm very happy for you, and Shishiki, Chouma-san!"
'I'd be jealous too, but it's not like I had much of a choice!'
Chouma scratched his chin thoughtfully as he eyed Kamina.
"You know, I'm not getting any younger, shinobi-san. And my Shishiki is about your age! He's a handsome fellow, an-"
"Perhaps," Kamina interrupted gently, "we'd better get your stall set up, eh, Chouma-san? The festival is pretty much ready to start, and you don't want to keep your customers waiting!"
Chouma laughed and agreed, slamming the bins of raw squid down on a table.
"No, no...I suppose not!"
She helped the squid man finish setting up his grill, and walked away with a free boat of takoyaki, for her trouble.
Munching happily on the octopus dumplings, she padded over to a fish catching game that had already been up and running. Small children were splashing about in the tub, trying their best to capture fish with tiny paper nets.
It was one of Kamina's favorite festival games as a child, and she stopped for a moment to watch.
She focused on a little girl with short dark hair whose nets were piling up next to her, broken and soggy. For her troubles, a lone little goldfish swam in a plastic bag that sat beside her.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Jun, realizing how pathetic it was that he was having such an attack over a kid not laughing at his joke, shifted from neurotic depression to sheepish embarrassment. "H-hi," the Chuunin replied nervously as he extended his right hand thoughtlessly to shake hands. Instead of switching the hand that held the kebab, Jun awkwardly twisted his right arm around to shake Altair's hand. "I'm...Mori Jun, it's a..uh...pleasu....hey, look, I'm sorry about earlier alright?" The apology wasn't planned, in fact it came out rather suddenly, but it did make him feel better. He needed a moment...to think, and was about to shove a hunk of beef into his mouth to give himself an excuse to think a little longer when the demonic Jounin literally bulldozed his way through Jun and Altair to the beef stand.

A quick gaze at his kebob let Jun know that he really wasn't hungry, he didn't even know why he bought the thing. 'No, that's not right,' he admitted to himself forcefully. He had bought it so he could have an excuse to get away from the genin that made him feel ashamed just by being around. In honesty, the young ninja did make Jun feel a little uncomfortable, but it wasn't as debilitating as before.

Anyway, back to the beef.

Jun poked the rather loud Jounin on the shoulder and held out his kebab. "Hey, if you want, I mean, I didn't eat it or anything, I don't really want it anymore, so you can have it you want, but I mean if you don't want it you do have to take it, but I figured...ehh." He was talking himself in circles again, he does that a lot, but nonetheless he looked back at the Genin and smiled. It said, 'Tonight is going to be fun after all'...or at least that's what Jun felt.

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 pm

Altair stepped out of the way just before the strange guy bulldozed Jun. The sight of the rampaging ninja going for a kebab the way he had, just nearly seemed to make the boy smirk, but just a little. It was there and gone in less than a second. Altair put his hand in his pocket again and looked back outside of the vendor to the other areas. He had to admit, the place was starting to be pretty good. He checked his watch, thinking he should get back on duty to help Aina. Only 4 more hours until the Festival was set to start...

Altair couldn't wait for Jun to talk again, so he had to jump out quickly, that's exactly what he did.
Cleared

Infinites

Post by Infinites » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Makai turned around to Face the chuunin. "Why would I take your scraps you little brat?!" Makai marched off, visibly pissed.

Égve and Cseppcske stood there for a moment. ".... DAMMIT TAKAI!!!!" And with that, all three left the chuunin alone.

OOC: another shitty post since Mura deleted the first and I still am running a blank.
CharactersShow
Bane is so awesomeShow

Return to “Rock Country”