Fun with the demons

Artemis

Fun with the demons

Post by Artemis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Jiga shook his head at the people he was with. He really needed to find him a girl his own fucking age and quit hanging out with kids that were all younger then him self. The little glass maker could find himself a warm body to sleep with at night, yet he could not. Of course his handy cap was a large one. What girl wanted to sleep next to a guy that had wings or claws. It was a sad life to live. Well I am glad that we are all filling a table.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

Jounin • Iwa • Tenma, BenceJogarEgyesit • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:1 D:0] [br]Feed Me![/br]Adopted from Valenth

Yasashikaze Seiken

Fun with the demons

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Almost on cue, Reiyaku phased into existence standing on the ceiling above them, holding a stick of takoyaki in his hand and his mouth part full with food. "Actually, this is... kinda depressing," he mumbled as he silently flipped and dropped to the floor.

The only saving grace for this entire group of people was the fact that they had a corner booth completely obscured by tatami walls; hence, none of the oddities were seen. "I was half-expecting to have to teach Maru a lesson in Omoi's whole-hearted devotion when I saw him sneaking around outside. I mean, yeah, watching my clumsy sister inadvertently smack this guy in the face with a scroll the size of a small tree was funny, but man... the whole 'teaching Maru and this other guy here an important life lesson' thing not happening... just plain sucks," he continued, shaking his head in disappointment at an opportunity lost.

This was all said before he laid eyes on Jiga for the first time. Reiyaku sized him up in but a moment's time, his eyebrow arched in intrigue; it was easy to see that it was the first time he'd had a chance to see a Tenma clan member up close. Carefully but casually taking Jiga's hand, Reiyaku took Jiga's index finger and ran it across the top of his forearm. With time, a thin line of red appeared, blood beginning to seep from the wound.

Reiyaku silently blinked a few times in surprise. "That... is the coolest thing I've ever seen," he finally revealed, a silly grin on his face.

Without missing a beat, Reiyaku leaned over to whisper into Hiraku's ear. "By the way, that waitress really digs you. You should totally ask her out," he quietly told Hiraku before taking a seat right next to Jiga whilst continuing to marvel over his strangely magnificent physique.

Reiyaku didn't get to say much else for about half a minute as Omoi's fist flew out from the side and planted itself straight on Reiyaku's face. With a comical slink and groan, Reiyaku face-planted on the mat next to Bence. "Forgive my brother, Jiga-san," Omoi apologized, a tight smile obviously hiding her irritation with her brother's actions. "Nii-san has some... social etiquette he needs to learn."
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

Kao

Fun with the demons

Post by Kao » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:11 am

OOC:
Happy Birthday, Sei!!!!!
Maru: ah, my friend, but you posted. Now we are all happy little ducklings. Sorry about the food poisoning though.
Hiraku cringed; he could feel his wallet growing dangerously empty as the table filled. Damn it; he’d have to go on some missions to make some more money. Open up a tab at the takoyaki stand. Honestly, his company was getting a bit ridiculous.

He tried not to stare at the man that had suddenly appeared from the ceiling. He felt it would be rude to simply walk away. After all, he had invited Omoi (and consequently, Jiga) to eat. He was set on paying for them both. However, he wasn’t expecting two new visitors. Maybe they wouldn’t eat. He kept his fingers figuratively crossed.

When he saw the newcomer’s reaction to Jiga’s physical…oddities, Hiraku immediately lost respect for the man. Honestly, the man was a Tenma; Surely he wasn’t the only one to see the potential threat in having him around? Certainly, he didn’t seem like a bad man but…the Tenma just made him feel uneasy.

”Who are you?" he asked, looking at the new addition to the party. He didn’t mean for the question to sound as blunt as it did, but he was so annoyed. What he wanted to be a date was ruined by Jiga, this Maru character probably ruined his chances with the pretty waitress, and to top it all off, he had to deal with this new fellow. He was about to say something else when Omoi's fist suddenly went flying towards the man's face. Hiraku deadpanned. This was getting a little bit more than ridiculous.

And people wonder why he didn’t socialize much.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Magma

Fun with the demons

Post by Magma » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Maru wasn't getting an answer from Omoi's new friend, so he went to lean on Omoi's shoulder. He was just minding his own business when he heard a familiar voice. Looking up, he saw Omoi's brother, hanging around the ceiling. Did everyone know of this meeting but him. And here he was about to stab Omoi's friend. Remembering the kunai was still hidden behind him, he slipped his hand behind him to put it back in his pouch. He did manage to smile though, after seeing Omoi's fist collide with Reiyaku's face. He tried holding his laughter in, but it didn't work since he was snickering.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Artemis

Fun with the demons

Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Jiga did not know how to take the man on the ceiling. It was an awkward thing when you saw a human going for a strole on the ceiling. He thought for a moment about the persons blood, if it was pooling in the boys skull or not. When the boy started to jabber on about the people he was sitting with. Jiga shook his head. That was all he thought about the man. For Jiga it was like the male just disappear. He turned his attention back to those at his table.

He saw lean on his girlfriends shoulder and look at Hiraku. It was a gloating and teritorial thing. He got the impression that if they were dogs Magma would no doubt piss on Omoi and growl at Hiraku. He was being far to protective over the girl and it was annoying. In the middle of this thought Jiga felt someone touching him. The male that he had forgotten about materialized right in front of him and he was fondling his hand. Jiga's features turned into a growl as he looked at the man. His sharp teeth were shown as his lips pulled back in a snarl. He was about to rip the mans arms off when Omoi decked him in the jaw. Jiga looked at her as she explained.

He nodded his head and scooted away from the weird man that was now laying on the floor.
You are a child of God.

Jounin • Iwa • Tenma, BenceJogarEgyesit • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:1 D:0] [br]Feed Me![/br]Adopted from Valenth

Yasashikaze Seiken

Fun with the demons

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Omoi's expression was one of pleasant surprise; she very much enjoyed spending her time with friends old and new. Even so, she still couldn't help but notice how Hiraku looked so forlorn, especially considering his chances with the waitress were quickly deteriorating. There had to be some way to remedy the situation... there had to be.

Omoi pulled a tiny stone from her pack and began moving it inside her palm, a custom she had acquired when she was in deep thought. From across the way, a noisy and drunk patron rudely called for a waitress, and who should come along but the very girl in question, a worried expression on her face as well, though she did her best to hide it with a smile. Omoi's eyes widened and darted from her to the stone she held in her hand and back to a large bottle of sake the waitress was carrying.

The kunoichi grinned. Perfect. With a discreet flick of the wrist, Omoi flicked the stone at the bottle just as she was setting it down on the table before turning back to her meal, hiding her actions from Hiraku's site. With a loud crackle, the clay fell to pieces, the shards and liquid inside splashing the heavily intoxicated customers. The largest of them cursed and stood up, imposing his intimidating presence on the entirely confused and now very much frightened waitress. "Hey, lady! Whaz da big idea?! We'z be comin' here payin' good money to buy your booze, and look what you go do!"

His bulky hand darting out, he grabbed hold of the waitress's wrist. With a terrified gasp, she tried to appeal to the man's sense of mercy in vain as the corners of her eyes started to water. "P-Please let go, sir! I'll bring you another bottle of amazake right away!"

The drunkard and his buddies smiled devilishly, the rest of the equally inebriated men at the table standing up as well. "Too late fer dat, missy. You've gone and ruined my best hakama! Looksh like yer' gonna hafta come back to my place and clean it for me... among other things, of course," he snarled, giving way to hearty chuckling.

Omoi looked at Hiraku with her faux pleading eyes, her look begging Hiraku to save the damsel in distress. Despite her genuine nature, even she could put on a show if she needed.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

Kao

Fun with the demons

Post by Kao » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Hiraku was busy wondering what he did to warrant such dreadful company when he heard a loud shatter across the room. He turned his head to see the waitress – harshly grabbed by some gruff looking man. The chuunin narrowed his eyes as the man grabbed her wrist. Normally he wouldn’t involve himself in situations like this – he was usually more reserved, more calm. But…

Before he knew it, Hiraku found himself stalking across the room, his eyes trained on the man. He was pretty big; but he wasn’t much taller. ”Oi.” He placed a hand on the man’s shoulder – quite gentle despite his bubbling anger. ”You should let her go and just let her bring you another drink, hn?”

”Mind yer own business, kid. This here girlie is all mine.” He laughed suggestively; it made Hiraku grit his teeth. The girl looked at him, a rather helpless look on her face as she tried to pry his hand away from her wrist. The man looked down, grumbling something about her shutting up. Hiraku sighed, moving his hand to the man’s arm. ”If you insist….”

The chunnin’s elbow snapped forward, and the sound of breaking bone filled the room. The man howled in agony, clutching his face. His friends darted forward, aiming heavy, hairy fists towards his face. Hiraku narrowed his eyes. He sidestepped the first man, slamming the back of his fist into his nose. As the second lunged forward, he ducked his head, sliding behind his attacker as he stood back up. Almost lazily, the Iwa nin jumped, swinging his foot across the back of his head. Clay cups clattered across the floor as the man crashed into the table.

The restaurant was hushed after the brief fight subsided; only the painful moans of the drunken patrons resounded in the room. Hiraku stood to his full height, gazing at the groaning men. ”Leave. But first, pay for your bill and for all these cups you ruined.”

Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Magma

Fun with the demons

Post by Magma » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 am

The table got pretty quiet after Omoi punched Reiyaku. He turned his head to see the waitress being abused however. He was about to get up to go help her out, but caught a glimpse of Omoi's pleading face. She was giving it to Hiraku. He grinned, knowing he wouldn't say no. Not to that face. He couldn't even say no. He sat back down and as expected, Hiraku went up and over there. With curiosity taking over, Maru couldn't look away. He didn't even try to blink. The ground was a bunch of drunks having a good time. Disaster was sure to occur. And it would be great. Hiraku tried to get them to stop and a fight broke out. Maru watched with a smile on his face as Hiraku tossed them around without a problem. The place was filled with silence. But it was soon broken by Maru's applause.
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Artemis

Fun with the demons

Post by Artemis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 am

Jiga stood up and yawned loudly and stretched his stiff limbs. He was bored of this group of people. Kids were not the type of people he should be spending his free time with. He had other things to do. He stepped away from his seat and away from the madness that Maru was not applauding. Jiga patted him on the shoulder and smiled.

"It was nice meeting you Young Glass Master, and your most plesant girlfriend. I am leaving now. Bye" He waved as he left them sitting there.
You are a child of God.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Fun with the demons

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:54 am

The silence didn't remain for long; an uproarious applause burst from just about every booth in the restaurant. Minori herself couldn't stop blushing. Not only had her "knight in shining armor" so conveniently come to her rescue, but now she had become the center of attention. Needless to say, it was a bit much for a shy girl like herself.

An oddly lanky but very homely looking man in a dark blue hakama approached Hiraku and bowed. "Thank you very much, sir, for keeping our dear Minori safe from those thugs!" he said, a huge smile on his face. "I'm Miroku Tawanaki, the owner of this humble establishment." He leaned in closer and whispered in Hiraku's ear. "Those thugs were trying to extort money from my business by causing a ruckus because I wouldn't pay them outright. You just saved me a load of trouble," he told him.

Miroku backed away, his voice returning to normal. "Please, buy what you would like, good sir. It's on the house. And Minori, you may have the rest of the evening off; you should be allowed ample time to appropriately thank your savior," he finished with a wink.

Minori quietly squeaked before lowering her head in embarrassment, her face even redder than before. Even so, she managed to turn to Hiraku and politely bow. "T-Thank you for saving me, Hiraku-kun," she whispered, her face still the hue of a cherry.

Omoi simply giggled, leaning her head upon Maru's shoulder. "I think I see them going places, Maru-kun. I wonder what she's like?" she whispered as they awaited Hiraku's return.
Active CharactersShow

Kao

Fun with the demons

Post by Kao » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Hiraku nodded, not really paying attention to the man’s words; he quickly lost interest in the rowdy men – now silent from humiliation – as they scrambled out of the restaurant. He hardly heard the applause that erupted in the room. His attention was completely on Minori. Man, she was pretty, and for some odd reason, she seemed to take interest in him. ”You’re blushing, Minori-san.” he said gently. ”I’d get you something to eat, but I imagine you wouldn’t want to eat here, hm?”

”Oh, no, that’s fine. A-and, we could go for…um…a walk afterwards.” She was blushing furiously. It seemed his direct attention made her quite nervous. He did his best to deflect her shyness by guiding her over to the table.

”Oi, guys.” He quickly glanced over the table. ”This is Minori-san, and…where did the Tenma go?”
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Magma

Fun with the demons

Post by Magma » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Maru looked up at Jiga as he said he was leaving. "Laters," he said, waving and smiling at him. He looked at Omoi as she leaned on his shoulder. He grinned and chuckled. "I can tell she's shy," he answered to her comment. But he figured it was kinda obvious. After all, she stuttered with everything she said. He waited for them to get acquainted. Slowly, but surely, a grin appeared on his face. He saw Hiraku bring her to the table and his grin was much more visible. He tired to play it off as a 'I'm happy for you' kind of thing. But it was more of a 'I know something you don't know' smile. Hiraku introduced her and Maru nodded. "Jiga's gone dude, but uh listen." He leaned in forward. He stared at Minori. "I know you can have the evening off, but would you be able to bring me a bowl of teriyaki and a soda?" His grin widened with excitement. "The man over there said it was on the house."
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Yasashikaze Seiken

Fun with the demons

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Omoi shook her head and smiled, holding back a giggling fit due to her innate irritation with Maru's request. "Maru-kun, leave the poor woman be. Let her relax!" she told him. The kunoichi was about to continue when she noticed a hand-shaped purple blotch on Minori's arm. Her eyes softened in sympathy as she scooted over next to her and made a few seals before gently taking hold of her forearm. "Besides," she added, "you wouldn't make an injured woman work, would you, Maru-kun?"

Omoi loved loaded questions. They were usually so tricky for men to get by that they almost always took the easier (and usually more effective) route by simply agreeing.

Minori winced slightly as Omoi took hold of her arm, but as Omoi's hand glowed with a pale blue light, the purple marks faded away to reveal fully repaired cotton soft skin. Minori could only watch on in amazement as the bruises that had pained her only a minute ago had completely disappeared. "Thank you, Omoi-san," she muttered, still looking at her forearm in bewilderment.

"Please, think nothing of it, Minori-san," Omoi told her, bowing politely. "The reason I became a medical nin was to heal the pains of others. I would've been neglecting my duty if I hadn't helped you."
Active CharactersShow

Kao

Fun with the demons

Post by Kao » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Hiraku didn't particularly like the look on Maru's face when he approached the table. Something about it was...odd. But he didn't have the expertise in social situations to have any real reason to suspect the reason behind Maru's grin. He shrugged, glancing over as Omoi healed Minori's bruise. Hm...if he was more adept at any kind of ninjutsu, he probably would have done it himself. Flirty flirty. But of course, he pretty much sucked at ninjutsu.

"So, um..." Hiraku was suddenly nervous again. He didn't go out on dates much, and he had next to zero experience in actually asking girls out. "Should we leave? I could walk you home, Minori-san. Or, perhaps we can all go for a walk?" He glanced at Maru and Omoi, slightly perplexed by the fact that the was hanging out with a couple of genin and a girl he'd known for about twenty minutes.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Magma

Fun with the demons

Post by Magma » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:30 am

"No," he said, answering Omoi's question quickly. He hated when she asked those kinds of questions. The answer was obvious and saying otherwise would probably get him the same response as Reiyaku. Or maybe worse. He watched Omoi heal Minori's arm. She's not injured anymore, he thought as the mark disappeared. He was going to ask her again, but he thought hard about it and decided not to. Raging at Reiyaku was probably something Omoi did regularly. He glanced over at Hiraku, who was stuttering with his words again. Maru, trying to hold in some laughter, found it very funny. "Sure," he said, standing up. "A walk sounds cool right about now. What about you Minori?"
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Yasashikaze Seiken

Fun with the demons

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Omoi's eyes brightened in excitement. "Oooh, a walk! I haven't had much time as of recently to enjoy the night sky. I'd love to walk with you guys," she agreed, a pleasant smile adorning her face.

Reiyaku, having been knocked senseless from a punch earlier, finally began to rouse. "Agh... the pain..." he dirged, rubbing his sore cheek as he rose. "Imouto-san, I'm starting to think that you learning that Fudo Ken Ryuu from old man Jorgen wasn't a good idea."

Omoi playfully stuck out her tongue at her brother. "Well, maybe if you read those books on social etiquette the therapist assigned you, I wouldn't have to use it so often," she countered playfully. "Anyways, we're going for a walk. Would you care to join us?"

Reiyaku shrugged. "But those scrolls are so... boring. Besides, I finished them all on the night I got them," he retorted, a relaxed smile donning itself upon his visage. "And a walk sounds great."

"Nii-san is really nice deep down. He's just sorta... quirky," Omoi explained as the group made their way out of the restaurant.

Night had fallen upon Iwagakure, the stars of the heavens burning in their full glory and the pristinely white full moon shining brightly in the skies. The breeze was cool, not too hot nor too cold... but juuuust right.

Perfect night for a first date walk, no?
Active CharactersShow

Kao

Fun with the demons

Post by Kao » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:41 pm

OOC:
Kso, I'm not sure where to take this now, so after this post, if you guys want, we can go ahead and turn this in. Or, if you think of a twist, whatever.
The chuunin stopped briefly to lift the heavy scroll onto his back. He walked outside, inhaling deeply to take in the cool night air. Hiraku walked next to Minori, shyly making conversation. She seemed to be opening up a bit, though she kept a blush on her face.

"Hiraku-san?" He suddenly turned, almost falling over when his scroll hit the side of a nearby pole. "May I ask what's in your scroll?"

He blinked, looking nervous. He didn't usualy like opening his scroll unneccesarily, but she had asked nicely, so...

He dropped the scroll, letting it unravel (he STILL didn't close it tightly enough). His hands blurred as he formed a quick string of handseals. After he slammed his hand into the center of the scroll, a large, sheathed blade appeared in a cloud of smoke. He picked it up, removing the blade. Four feet, wickedly sharp, and light in his hands: he spun his nagamaki skillfully in his hand before re-sheathing it and offering it her.

"It's a nagamaki. It's my favorite weapon, but it's rather annoying to carry around." He flashed a friendly smile as she took the weapon in her hand, her knees buckling slighty under the weight. He laughed a bit, catching the blade before she could drop it.

She asked questions about it it: where did he get it? Did he forge it himself? How often did he use it? And he answered every one. He had almost completley forgot about Omoi and Maru, not knowing (and suddenly not caring) if they were still following behind.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Magma

Fun with the demons

Post by Magma » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:59 pm

(You guys can hand it in)
Characters,b
NameRankVillage

Yasashikaze Seiken

Fun with the demons

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Omoi saw the connection building and the sparks flying, and she knew it was time to let them be alone. With a simple tug, the kunoichi led Maru down one of the streets they were passing and back to her house, Reiyaku naturally following. Leaning her head upon Maru's shoulder as they walked, she smiled; she had a good feeling that tonight would be the start of a wonderful new adventure for Hiraku and Minori-san.

To think, he had shamelessly stuffed his face into her bosom just an hour before. Ah well... some things should remain a secret.
Fin
Active CharactersShow

Return to “Rock Country”