[Mission] Of Ninja and Sake

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:07 am

A somewhat old man sat backwards on a horse, facing towards the large village he was about to leave. He was a little big around the waist, though 'little' might have been too kind a word, and one might just begin to feel sorry for the horse he sat on. His horse certainly looked strong though, and it appeared to have been well bred, with similar coloring to a Hungarian half-bred. He had rather thick hair, though it only reached down to about the middle of his forehead. Just as well, it was greesy, and looked as though it was in need of... removal. As no amount of washing would be able to get that stain off of his head.

He munched loudly on an apple as he scratched under his shirt, which was a very dirty gray color, with a dull blue trim. He shouted out loud, into the distance, with no apparent target for his voice "C'mon yew kiddies, I canna have all day ta' be sittin' around!
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Toshi

Post by Toshi » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Coal threw up a little in his mouth as the man sitting on the horse scratched under his filthy shirt with his pudgy, even more questionable fingers.

"But that's what you've been doing all day," Coal answered the man with a sneer. "Sir, he added with what sounded like a gag.

The Tenma wasn't exaggerating, either. He and Ginjiro had done most of the packing for their journey while the hefty cart driver "supervised." And by supervised, he meant the fat, old man ate what looked like a wad of mayonnaise wrapped up in two slices of bread.

CharacterShow
Former Hokage • Konoha • Nara Tousha

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 am

Ginjiro laughed at how Coal was acting. He was so funny when he was making fun of people. Of course, the man might not have knew it, but Tenma were rather... dark.

Nodding to no one in particular, Ginjiro hurried up~
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:18 pm

The fat sack of shit shifted his weight slightly in the saddle. The horse almost looked like he was going to snap in half as the pudgy bastard did a rather hard landing. With a grunt he grabbed the reigns and started to get the horse moving. His displeasure at the hidden insult was apparent, but he was smart enough not to call the kid on it. He was more of a coward than an asshole. "All right, lets get this wagon train moving. You all know what to do if anything goes wrong. Just tell me if you need my to get this thing moving or slow down. I warn you, one bottle of my liquor gets smashed and your pay gets cut in half."

The fat bastard got the wagon to moving along the path. The rocks seemed to roll by as time passed. Finally he spoke up in an attempt to break the silence. "So, what exactly can you do? Ninja are one thing but you two look pretty scrawny to me."

Toshi

Post by Toshi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:10 am

Coal couldn't help but scowl when he realized that he'd been called "scrawny."

"Looks can be deceiving," the Tenma answered with a slight edge to his tone. "Like take you for example. I'm sure you're a productive member of society deep, deep down."

As usual, Coal's sparkling personality was helping him make new friends wherever he ventured.
CharacterShow

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:12 am

time extension

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:50 am

Last one

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:10 am

"Whatever, akármi~" Ginnjiro answered. He didn't care too much for people being stupid, especially whenever he knew that he'd easily be able to beat them if he tried.

A hidden insult was much better than direct one, especially after Coal already gave his own out.

Ginjiro was an idiot, but he wasn't stupid.
CodingsShow
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:43 am

The giant of a man sat back in his seat with little to say. The insults had struck him but this was not an idiot. Pissing off the hired help was a bad idea. When he spoke next it was not in a gruff tone but instead a tone of half-assed respect. "We're taking this shipment from the village to a small outlying bar. From there we run from that bar to another. The second place is where I will be needing your assistance. It has a reputation of being rather ruff and filled with cut-throat types."

the wagon moved along the path with relative ease as some clanking went on. After he stopped and redid some of the straps to get the clanking out of the way it seemed like things went smoothly. As the road went along he seemed to shift his mood from being a slovenly prick into a bit more humane. "There's some rice in the back if you would like. And this part of the trip isn't eventful. Keep an eye open and eat. I don't know how the second bar is going to react to my being there."

Toshi

Post by Toshi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 pm

Coal was surprised by the man's sudden generous behavior. And he'd even managed to offer them something decent like an actual human being without slobbering all over the place.

"There's still hope for this one yet," Coal thought to himself as he eyed the man curiously. Although, even his inner thoughts weren't that hopeful.

After a few moments Coal said, "Thank you for the offer, but I'd rather not eat and walk." The chuunin was being quite honest with the man. Walking and eating was something that chimpanzees did when they were unable to find a suitable mound of dung to sit on. Not to mention, he could stain his freshly ironed clothing.

And that was just complete insanity.

"I'll try to grab something to eat at one of our stops."

CharacterShow

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 pm

[Due to circumstances and the fact Orius is head admin and thus rather prone to getting busy and stuff I remove the post limit from this mission. When it gets done it gets done. If Toshi or Orius have a problem with this then say something. Until then this is the ruling in this mission and this mission alone.]

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:04 am

Ginjiro was secretly sort of hungry, but, since Coal had declined, he'd do the same. He looked up to Coal a bit, so acting like him was part of being a kid; taking after those you look up to.

"Same as what he said!" Ginjiro agreed, nodding triumphantly. The boy had pretty much shifted from his sneer from before, instantly becoming his standard, light-hearted self.

Hopefully his boredom didn't take over till they got to their destination.
CodingsShow

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Travel for the most part was extremely slow. Nothing happened during the trip aside from a random thug coming out of nowhere and attempting to steal the wagon. The instant he noticed 2 shinobi he bolted away from the place and never looked back.

Upon getting to the first town things seemed to be looking up. Mr. Fatass had went inside and began to get everything worked out for the shipment. A civilian from the street approached the cart and began to look it over with seeming great intent. When he spotted the to shinobi he approached with a friendly smile and a handshake. ”Hello, name is Zumako. Where is this cart headed by chance, it has some rather good liquor and I’m in the market to buy. I doubt any of it is in this town though.”

Toshi

Post by Toshi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:54 am

Coal looked at the "civilian" through emotionless eyes as he began to prod for information about where this cart was heading. To anyone else this commoner would have looked completely harmless, but to the young Tenma the only thing he saw was a threat to his operation.

"My common sense is tingling," he thought drearily to himself as the man finished speaking. "It'd be easier just to break his legs and get it over with. I'd like to see him "buy" anything in that condition."

But instead of showing any sign of hostility towards the young man, Coal simply allowed a feint smile of cooperation to spread across his lips. "In all honesty, I'm just here to guard the wagon. But if you'd like to purchase your beverage, the owner of this fine... wagon is currently inside that establishment." After saying this the chuunin nodded towards the building that the tub-of-lard-of-a-wagon-driver had disappeared into only moments before.

With that the chuunin's smile tugged at the edge of his mouth. "Any other questions?"

"I hope you choke on that liquor."

CharacterShow

Zangy

Post by Zangy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:03 am

(OOC: Yeah, failing this. <_<)
CodingsShow

Return to “Rock Country”