- - Mission - - Don't let the popos catch you

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:19 pm

The moon was high in the sky over the desolate mine camp. The workers and officials were all sleeping quietly in their homes, and the night watchmen lay slaughtered at their posts. Within the walls of the compound which surrounded the mine were the worker's houses, a small cemetery, and the mine itself. The mine, on the surface, was nothing more than a building that housed the gear for the workers and the elevator for their transport into the mine.

The elevator was quite primitive, and was little more than a dumbwaiter. From the surface, aside from the slaughtered guards, everything seemed in order.

The guard change would happen about in about an hour, so you had better hurry. If they catch you and alert the authorities, your mission is effectively over.

Good luck.

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:09 pm

The Iwa nin had finally arrived at the mine. He moved cautiously to avoid tipping off any guards that might be present. When his eyes lay on the dead watchmen, he sighed; he didn’t much like seeing unnecessary slaughter, but he managed to numb himself of the situation. Uncomfortable with leaving them there, he dragged the three men to the nearby cemetery, leaving them in front of a faded headstone. He moved swiftly and quietly, picking up one of the smaller guards and carrying him to the cemetery about a hundred feet to the side of the mine.

Once the dead guards were out of the way, Hiraku moved into the mine, cautiously in case there were any instability in its structures. He hesitantly moved for the elevator, stepping inside as if it would fall at any second. He pushed the button, and it creaked to life, moving him slowly down. As he waited, he unlatched the large, heavy scroll from his back and unraveled it; he then performed several handseals before pressing it to the parchment. In a puff of smoke, his nagamaki appeared. Always cautious, the chuunin strapped the weapon to his back, picking up the scroll to toss it to the side once the elevator stopped moving.
Hiraku's jutsuShow
*Ninpou • Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Chouzou [Ninja Arts • Spiritualism Technique: Storage]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
A jutsu used to store various inanimate objects inside scrolls such as weapons, food, etc. The items can then be summoned at the users need by opening the scroll.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:26 am

One by one, the gore covered bodies fell to the earth in the cemetery. Most of these men had families, and now, for the sake of a few extra nuggets of a soft, yet valuable metal, they all ceased to be. Their families would be expecting them home soon, but they would be sorely disappointed. Not much later, someone would appear at their door, but he would not be the man they had all hoped to see. He would be the messenger who bore the tell-tale expression on his face. He would be about twenty or so, and would have had the chance to grow close to one or two of the victims of the slaughter.

Wails of agony and torment at the loss of a son or a husband would tear through the morning hours, waking all those who were unfortunate enough to sleep past dawn. The worst part of the entire thing was the manner in which they would find the men. They were all lumped together, one on top of another, in a cemetery. Not only did this disgrace the men who died that night, it disgraced the generations of grandparents, fathers and sons that died in this mine. It was the oldest mine on the continent, claiming almost one hundred years of activity. It had, at first, been founded as a coal mine, but as the coal veins were depleted, the workers found that there was a massive supply of gold ore in the mine. It was because of this fact that the mine shaft was so maze like.

As the creaking elevator came to a stop, the ninja would be able to see a room with many hooks and shelves in it. It looked like a locker room, but contained all the equipment the miners needed. Each cubby held a helmet, a flashlight, a pick ax, and several other small tools that would come in handy, one of which being a meter that measured the level of different gasses in the air. This was the most crucial of devices to a miner. If someone got caught in a mineshaft with high levels of nitrogen and carbon dioxide, he could suffocate before he knew he was missing the air.

The mine shaft began past the door that separated the shaft from the supplies room. The ninja had used up a sizable amount of time in disposing of the bodies, and so only had about forty five minutes to get all of the men to safety. All things considered, the fate of our ninja looked dismal at best.

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:42 am

[[I know things irl are going on for you, so you have 24 hours from now to post.]]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Sorry, but. . . Time.

Return to “Rock Country”