[Training] Learning the Basics

Quinton Rizzer

[Training] Learning the Basics

Post by Quinton Rizzer » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:29 am

Assembled before Samuru were the four children he had met along his path that he saw great potential in. All four of them, he had rescued from the clutches of evil men. Looking upon them, being the visionary that he was, he knew what paths lay ahead to be forged for them. They were his apprentices. They would inherit everything he worked for. And through his training, they would also inherit his will.

Today was the first day of that training, and Samuru looked upon each individual's face with a stern look. Having learned the most basic of ninja fundamentals through their time with him, he felt that it was time for them to branch out into their own individual paths, after learning only a few more necessities. The technique he was about to teach them, one he had learned so long ago that he had to remember how to teach it, was the Chakra Kai.

If he was correct, the way to explain it was that when creating a seal, to channel a bit of one's own chakra into it at that point. This in and of itself was not enough to do it, but it was the first step. This could be used for setting explosive tags, either with a timer or remote detonation, or trigger something else entirely. The jutsu was really a very durable one, and it had its many uses, as the Missing Ninja recalled.

The next step was to focus on that chakra source. The source, as he understood it, worked like binary code. It was either yes or no, on or off. During the jutsu, the goal was to flip this "switch" to its opposite, and set it to active. This is why, this was one of the most simple jutsu to learn.

Now that you know what it is, let me demonstrate.

Out of one of his pouches, Samuru pulled out an explosive tag. Showing it to his "students" he walked over to a nearby tree and placed it on the bark. Of course, because it was only on the surface, the explosion would not do much, so they'd be able to try the same trick on the same tree, without leaving too much behind to trace.

Once it was place, he channeled the chakra through his fingers, into the seal of the tag. He did this slowly and deliberately so that the four onlookers could observe. He strained more than was absolutely necessary, and showed them that he was doing something more than just sticking the tag to the tree.

There... with practice you'll be able to do it much faster than that, but to start off, it's okay to be slow as long as you get the form right. Anyway. Here's the main part of the jutsu. From a distance, you focus on your chakra within the seal. Like I had been saying, you're going to have to focus on changing the binary output of the chakra. That's really just a fancy way of saying you have to flip the switch. When planted, my chakra tends to have a negative feel to it, so my goal is to turn it positive.

Once you can feel the chakra in the seal, all you have to do is will it to change. This may take some effort the first couple of times, but once you're used to it, it should be instant.

With that, he quickly did as he had been saying. Reaching out and feeling his chakra in the seal, he flipped the "switch" and caused the tag to explode. Everything happened in an instant, and the "students appeared amazed."

Now, your turn. You have until sundown to do it, or you are dismissed from my tutelage.
[A-rankKirigakureSamuru KaguyaArtumae • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:3 C:2 D:1 • Stat:4]
[Sp. Jounin • Kumogakure • Aizaku Nuuton • none • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:2 D:0 Socials:0 • Stat:0]
[Genin • Konohagakure • Nara Shikatsuki • none • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1 Socials:1 • Stat:0]
[Genin • Konohagakure • Nara Shikaru • none • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1 Socials:1 • Stat:0]

Return to “Rock Country”