Mission: This mine is my mine!

Mino

Post by Mino » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:47 pm

"If .. if that thing gets to the entrance of the mine, it could collapse inward! If it comes out, draw it from the entrance- and our men can get inside and to work." Amidst the noise it was difficult to make out what the man said, but runners went to each of the workers telling them to be ready. All three companies would work together to ensure the mine was at least partly harvested while Akane and Amaya fought the beast. Depending on the size and strength of the distraction, mine workers could bring in and out goods and safely haul at least some of the valuable mineral.

If Akane and Amaya were unable to defeat the creature, and it retreated into the mine while workers were there...

"We will move at your command. Our lives are in your hands, your... capable hands.. shinobi."
Awai Minoru Chunin of the Leaf. Holder of nothing.

Mentor to no one.

[color=#FFD69B]

Yamai, Toshiro Genin of the Mist

[color=skyblue]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:53 am

"Don't worry, we will handle this", Amaya looked upon Akane with confidence as she proudly (even though she was scared shitless) ahead, she nodded at Wana who had already memorized the scent of the monster to warn them if they where close to it. "We should be able to take this beast down without destroying the mine. . ", Amaya wasn't really sure as most of her strong abilities used explosions or large spaces in order to maximize her potential strikes but she had one jutsu she hadn't tried, one that hopefully was strong enough to take down this beast.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Something the man said nearly struck Akane and she found herself smiling. It was a contradiction, sure, if it got to the entrance, it could collapse, but if they could get it out... "I think Wana needs to do us a favor." she said, turning to look at the hyena before turning to Amaya.

"If we can draw it out of the mine, I can use my lava without fear of harming the mine and the men can begin work. Perhaps Wana could get it's attention and get it to chase her out?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Mino

Post by Mino » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Before Amaya had a chance to answer Akane's question, the earth rumbled and the creature could be seen- sunlight glinting off it's paled scales. Blood leaked from a foot as it hobbled, rage fueling it onward toward an outside world in which it clearly didn't belong (refer to the previous posted picture). It's claws sliced trenches in the now soft earth that it found- propelling itself forward at an alarming speed. Luckily it did not remain in the mine entrance for long- the traction it got on the soft earth made it's powerful legs and clawed feet even more useful- and the agility provided by it's body's shape allowed for a leap that might have even astonished the two ninja. It's tail was pure bone at the tip, and it too, was jagged. It's teeth hung menacingly out of its seemingly larger than life jaws, serrated for rock chewing, sparkling with remants of crystals from it's last meal. (Most of that Amaya would recognize) The beast had finally arrived:

Now was the time to act.

Mentor to no one.

[color=#FFD69B]

[color=skyblue]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:02 am

As the earth began to shake, the Shoshiki chuunin started sealing as she feared that if she spent too much time on dillidalying they would all die, so she created the strongest version of her chakram in a matter of seconds and let the weapon spin at it's fullest might. "Whatever happens, don't die!", she nodded at Akane before preparing for the monster to reveal itself before tossing the chakram at his leg, this one was steerable so she aimed to cut off it's leg before jumping back and steer it towards the monsters gut.

She wanted to remove one of it's legs and then attack most monsters weak point, the stomach. The only place four legged beast couldn't really protect, she hoped that Akane had a plan cooked up as she whistled to Wana, which she would interpet as do whatever. But Wana didn't care for Amaya at the moment as she considered her weak, which meant that Wana was controlled by Akane, the very thing she asked not seconds ago.

JutsuShow
-:-Garaton • Kontan Sa-Cha- [Glass Release • Soul Searcher]
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite:Garaton • Seirei Kirite [Glass Release • Spirit Cutter]
After performing a set of handseals, Amaya calls glass from herself or the surrounding area to her left hand raised above her head. In a single moment it will melt into a spinning mass to take the form of chakram rapidly rotating at speeds capable of cutting, it also instantly cools down into a solid shape. With a single movement it can be sent at a speed of eight and a cutting force of seven. In total its one meter in diameter and barely a centimeter in thickness and sharp on all edges. This chakram being improved can reach forty meters meters before losing its momentum also when thrown it is controllable if Amaya holds down a handseal with her right hand. The higher control Amaya has the better she is at controlling it and ten being the fastest she can control it.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Akane noticed that Wana was not listening to Amaya which in this moment simply would not do. She turned her attention to the animal and fixed an orange glare on the beast while making a sound with her teeth. She didn't know how to instruct her at all and so had to revert to speaking. "Get and keep it's attention!" If Wana could distract the beast, things would be far easier for Amaya and Akane.

"Let's get it further out here." Akane told Amaya as she formed her own handseals. Akane knew she had to begin with a technique that was easier to control without having to get too close, she had no idea what the beast's capabilities were after all. Only Amaya had seen it in action so far. When her seals were complete, Akane threw her hand out, allowing the whip to form in her hand before throwing her hand forward, aiming to wrap it around the leg that Amaya was not already aiming at.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Youton • Molten Lash Technique
D-rank Felsic Ninjutsu
Performing several hand seals and throwing their hand out, the user creates a roughly ten inch wide thick three foot length of burning lava that moves at 4 speed, wrapping around an opponent or intercepting a moving object. This length of lava hits with 1 strength due to it's relative thin density but can cause first degree burns with almost any contact, easily scalding objects nearby it. This lava whip lasts 2 posts before hardening into brittle obsidian and can be withdrawn to throw again during that time with the loss of three feet of it's length, reducing it to seven feet for the second strike.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Mino

Post by Mino » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:38 am

Being as bulky as it was, there was no way the lizard would be able to dodge both techniques- the leap it made surprised it, and when it landed, things weren't so graceful. The hard scales on the legs of the beast were not enough to deflect the blow entirely, but it was enough to stop the leg from being severed. The weapon created a rather large gash before spinning off course and into the dirt not too far away- followed up by the lava whip- which seared the wound so no blood flowed from the creature.

The backlash was amazing.

The creature parted it's jaws even more and bellowed a sonic boom- enough to vibrate the hearts of men, and bleed the ears of those who were of a low fortitude (under 4 stam? Deaf for 2 posts) As neither ninja were in the direct path of the banshee wail, they were not struck with it straight on- but some of the equipment that sat idle in front of the beast were ripped to shreds.

That was a bellow of pain. The beast was not quite done yet. Convulsing once in it's stomach, the creature reared it's head back and spat what appeared to be clear liquid in the air. It sprayed in an arc of 20 feet in front of it, far enough to reach the ninja, though the trajectory was not straight on, giving them time to decide what to do. The spittle flew through the air quickly (speed 5) but not blindingly fast: it was more a danger to those untrained and their equipment than it was to the Chunin.

Mentor to no one.

[color=#FFD69B]

[color=skyblue]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:53 pm

The roar got Amaya to cover her ears before she quickly realized that if they didn't do something soon then the beast would probably try to eat them alive. Amaya grabbed her glass pouch before tossing it towards the monster. She quickly formed a set of hand seals and let multiple glass shards fly out and towards the beast mouth, before skipping backwards. "Akane, if you have an idea, do tell!", the chuunin was getting desperate as she figured that if they didn't manage to kill it soon then it would be too close for her to actually do anything to deter the beast. Especially since she couldn't be able to use any explosives.

Wana couldn't take the shouting and the noise was so loud that she actually went deaf. Which prompted her to whoop loud, she wasn't used to not hearing or hearing a beast roar so loud. "Wana are you-", Wana was acting out of control and continued to whoop as she dashed madely all over the place. "I think she's deaf Akane!". Amaya panicked before her gaze was forced to return to the beast, This fucker is unstoppable, what do it do!?.

JutsuShow
~[Glass Element • Glass Shuriken]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming the needed hand seals and flooding a 5 meter area with chakra, the user will cause any glass shards in the area to rise up off of the ground and fly toward a single opponent at a speed equal to the average between the user's control and ninjutsu up to 8.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Akane didn't say a word, and the most she could do was make a motion to Wana, hoping the animal would see it and come straight to her. She formed the seals and slammed her hands into the ground before her, throwing up a shield in front of her before grabbing Amaya and pulling the Shoshiki girl to herself to keep her behind the shield as well and protect against whatever the the beast had thrown at them. Akane had few options and knew she needed to do something. She couldn't just sit here and hide from the thing.

The moment the attack was done and Akane would have the chance, she spun out from behind the shield with her crossbow at the ready and took aim, firing with the goal of hitting a critical point between scales to try and injure the beast. She wasn't going to stop either. She would keep firing until five arrows had been expelled at the beast and she hoped she'd see damage from the attack.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Youton • Volcanic Shield Technique
D-rank Mefic Ninjutsu
After the user forms the seals and thrusts their hands into the ground, a two foot tall curve of lava shoots up in front of them in a slightly circular arc that is also one foott wide, the lava in a liquid-solid state that keeps it from dripping or falling apart. Able to resist up to 3 strength of damage before collapsing, Taijutsu attacks against it are ill advised as it will cause first degree burns to anything that touches it and it further traps anything that touches it inside it's dense mantle. After a single post it hardens into thick rock that requires 2 strength to break.

*Withering Rate
B-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Speed 6
This technique relies on speed to unleash a rapid series of ranged attacks against one or more targets. The user draws and launches in one fluid motion, falling into a rhythm and maintaining it. Doing so can provide effective suppressive fire, urging a quarry into a trap or setting up for a future technique. The user can also attempt to pin down a number of targets equal to the user's Taijutsu Stat for the duration, which lasts for as long as the user has ammunition and maintains the attack. During Withering Rate, the user's legs must remain stationary save to pivot.

*Crippling Shot
B-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: Sighting, Wit 6
Utilizing knowledge of anatomy and the ability to execute exacting precision, the user makes a ranged attack that leaves a target hampered. Crippling Shot is treated as a normal ranged attack, but it strikes an area of the body such as a hamstring or tendon. For five posts following the attack, the target is -1 Speed and -1 Strength. During these five posts, the target takes minor damage (the equivalent of a Strength 3 slashing attack) if they move at more than 1/2 their Speed.

Equipment Note: 5 arrows used

Mino

Post by Mino » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:05 am

The massive target was too easy to strike- Akane's hunting instinct and skill with the bow served well in injuring the beast. It bellowed in pain, but did not have the strength of breath to draw for another attack. instead it swiped at the ground, trying to burrow itself to safety, such excruciating pain driving it back from whence it came. A few arrows managed to strike true- and that made the thrashing clumsier, but more desperate all the same.

The equipment hit by the lizard's projectile attack was gummed up pretty good- it looked functional, but the sticky substance coated and corroded the metal in the machines. If something wasn't done, (the troops weren't ordered) some of the equipment would be lost.

Once Akane's arrows were exhausted, the beast looked a lot more like a wounded animal trying to escape than an enraged creature trying to fight. Blood spattered from it's wounds, its voice was softer, sad almost, and it dug itself halfway into the ground, powerful claws rending the earth like it was tissue paper.

Mentor to no one.

[color=#FFD69B]

[color=skyblue]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:08 am

Amaya started forming a large set of hand seals before gritting her teeth, this monster had started gaining too much ground and would soon reach the miners. "Watch out Akane!". Once she finished the hand seals she clapped her hands, it was the same Goddess jutsu she had performed earlier. But this time she focused on bringing the sword first, "DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKER!", which she would ram up the monsters gullet while performing another longer set of hand seals to perfect the armor.

If she was given enough time to do it then she would also be armored which make it even harder for this beast to take out Amaya. The Shoshiki was pissed of that this beast was threatening their livelihood, Wana and mostly Akane, if the blade wasn't enough to pin the beast then the senbon arm (if there where enough space) would be ready to pierce it's hide once again. She couldn't believe how strong this beast actually was, it had taken most of their attacks and it was still standing, which got the Shoshiki to act desperate.

JutsuShow
-:- Garaton • Tsuwamono no Megami [Glass Element • Warrior of the Goddess]
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite:Garaton • Senshuken no Megami [Glass Element • Champion of the Goddess]
This is an improvement of the glass armor jutsu. Amaya forms a few hand seals then ending with a clap, holding it for a second. Then Amaya forces out a large amount of molten glass from her skin, then it suddenly appears as a coating around her entire body. Covering the outside of the Goddess arming, granting it two skeleton arms made out of glass. Wielding a sword on the right and a senbon shooter on the left, fitted for its size. Shooting out 1 foot spears, although it only has four. They fly at the speed of 8. The blade is six feet long, one foot wide. Each arm move at the speed of [Ninjutsu + Control]½ up to the speed of ten. When struck with a strength of seven or greater, it will break at the point of impact, allowing whatever struck it to go through. If the arms are struck by flesh, however, the broken glass is more than capable of shredding flesh on the way through, doing even more damage if attempted to be removed. The armor follows Amaya's movement but it uses a lot of chakra so this jutsu auto cancels after average of Ninjutsu and Stamina in posts. Although using this jutsu comes with a price, it slows Amaya down by -1 speed.

[If she has time for it]

-:-Garaton • Senshuken no Megami [Glass Element • Champion of the Goddess]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Tsuwamono no Megami
This is an improvement of the glass skin production. Amaya forms a few hand seals then ending with a clap, holding it for a second. Then Amaya forces out a large amount of molten glass from her skin, then it suddenly appears as a coating around her entire body. This coating increases in thickness in all directions, retaining the humanoid shape but increasing in size that from head to toe, its three feet taller than she and two and a half feet wider. Its one and a half inch thick glass, and sports an iguana head. It's spiked all the way down to its tail, which is curled up like a chameleon. The most visual part of the armor is shaped into ten rib bones and it features. It has ten ribs on each side, each one as big as one of Amayas limbs. When struck with a strength of nine or greater, will break at the point of impact, allowing whatever struck it to go through. If the armor was struck with flesh, however, the broken glass is more than capable of shredding flesh on the way through, doing even more damage if attempted to be removed. The armor follows Amaya's movement but it uses a lot of chakra so this jutsu auto cancels after average of Ninjutsu and Stamina in posts. Although using this jutsu comes with a price, it slows Amaya down by -1 speed.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Before Akane could prepare another attack, it seemed Amaya was already moving and well in her way. Seeing as her clan is the exact weakness to Amaya's, Akane knew she couldn't form any kind of lava attack or Amaya would be seriously injured, if not worse.

But the state of the miner's equipment had not escaped her notice. Taking a step back from the fight, she turned her head towards the men and made an overt motion with her hand. "HEY!" she yelled, attempting to get their attention. "Let's get this cleaned up!"

As much as she wished their only job was to destroy this beast, if the equipment wasn't functioning it would have almost the same result to them as the beast roaming free. After all, the men had to be able to do their work.

Mino

Post by Mino » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:56 pm

Struck once more, this time in the throat, the monster silently thrashed, trying to bring it's jaws down upon Amaya. It wasn't much use, the wound the beast sustained had slowed it down considerably, and now with it's throat in such ragged condition, it wasn't able to breathe, it was losing blood, and afraid for what remained of it's life.

A whimper went through the beast as it's body slackened considerably- the hole it was digging became a resting place, as it slumped downward into it face first. The thud was satisfying- and as soon as the working men saw this, cheers erupted from the crowd.

At Akane's orders they cleaned what the beast spat- it ws mildly acidic spit the creature spewed, thankful it did not get to fire another volley. The spit itself was dangerous to clean, but the men worked hard, and fast to ensure their equipment was still in top shape. At the fall of the beast, the miners began to file into the mine- no longer afraid of the giant beast's bellowing, nor it's powerful jaws.

With the beast gone, the miners could resume work. It seemed this mission was coming to an end.

Mentor to no one.

[color=#FFD69B]

[color=skyblue]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:04 am

Amaya made sure to hold the beast as still as possible but knew that something that was dying at this size would be hard to control. Shit, this fucker doesn't stop! I wonder If Akane and Wana are safe!, Amaya hadn't kept an eye on the others, instead was too focused on taking this beasts life. F. . F. . . F. . Fuck. . I'm loosing too much chakra. . In such a short period, the Shoshiki fell to her knees before huffing and puffing hard.

CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Akane was smiling as the men worked, turning only to see how Amaya was faring with the beast. She was happy to see the beast fall for the last time but Amaya's condition had the girl worried. Rushing over to her, Akane knelt beside and put a hand on her shoulder. "What's wrong? Are you injured?"

The Enkouten hadn't let her guard down yet, but she was silently praying there weren't any more of these things.

Mino

Post by Mino » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:50 pm

The beast was slain, the corrosive agent in its mouth bubbling and leaking from it's wounds as well. Once the thrashing stopped, all was eerily quiet in the mine, and the men bustled to clean up their equipment and get down there to work. The three groups were barely recognizable anymore, it seemed the experience pulled them together enough to intermingle. Even the leaders were checking damages as one- it was heartwarming to see everyone working together.

Inside the mine, reports were clear: the beasts had moved further inside, they were nowhere to be seen. As of now, the mission seemed to be successful. The team had pulled through a difficult battle, and come out on the other side stronger for it.

The three mining companies formed a conglomerate: in honor of their benefactors, they named it Maikane.

[Passed]

Mentor to no one.

[color=#FFD69B]

[color=skyblue]

Return to “Rock Country”