Hoten alone

C.J,

Hoten alone

Post by C.J, » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:11 pm

departureShow
Hoten left with his uncle Inaho early in the morning as they would be off on a mission of unlikely success. His uncle had told him that Garasu no him, his treasured companion for years now would be dying unless he could find a way to heal her. Apparently that remedy was available within the Tenrai. The man was tight-lipped their entire journey from the mountain range which hid Iwagakure no Sato and into the plains north. It took over a day of travelling and at each chance, Hoten got a chance to observe this man who called himself Hoten’s uncle. The chieftain of one of the sovereign Tenrai tribes and a banin of the village hidden in the stone.

He was an unmatched warrior, and Hoten knew that. However he couldn’t trust such a man. Not completely. Garasu was weak. Hoten knew that. After his chunin exam, her body was degrading and would soon result in her paralysis. He would do anything to save her, he supposed including leave Aimi behind.

They reached the tribe at the end of their second day and immediately he knew the ritual had begun. They had a shaman who took Garasu no Hime away and into a large tent. Hoten didn’t want to leave her but his grandfather insisted that it would take absolute concentration to succeed. Hoten would only be a detriment to that. Therefore he waited outside of the tent and heard his horse’s whinnies of anguish and fear. He had to cover his ears for who knows how long before all of the noise stopped. It was late into the night before Hoten was allowed to walk into the tent himself and see what it was that was happening. His uncle arrived behind him.

“She is saved. Her body will be fine and she will live a good life. Here, in the tribe.” Hoten was dumbstruck. Was his uncle now not going to give his horse back? The boy prepared for protest but his uncle’s aura of command was too great.

“You did well, teaching it ninjutsu like that. However it is not a warhorse. You should have realized this. It cannot handle the constraints of a life of battle. She isn’t strong enough. Returning to the life of a ninja will just give her greater problems in the future. You have to let her go.”

Hoten wanted to cry but he held them. “What am I supposed to do? I trained so long with her. I can’t let her go.”

“It is a rare skill for a ninja to rely on the power of a horse. However you cannot simply turn any horse into a ninja. It is your blood that made you closer to this horse and I believe it is your blood that will guide you. All you need is a stronger steed.” Hoten took a double take.

“What?”

“We will get you a much more powerful steed. Greater than any stallion which could be bred by these tribes. We leave at dawn.”

RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

C.J,

Hoten alone

Post by C.J, » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:44 pm

day 1Show
Hoten went to bed that night after eating a meal of rice and grasses. Literally, grass. No meat. Ki told him something about it being a more nutritious diet up there in the mountains. Hoten accepted that but supper wasn’t the worst part. Hoten had been categorized was still expected to travel further north and into snowy mountain tops. Therefore he slept bundled up and unable to move an inch. Ki insisted that he could not offer any extra body heat to the chunin. He spent most of the night believing he would die from the cold. Finally he was able to fall asleep after an obscene amount of time.

The next morning, the sun rose and he was informed that they wouldn’t be moving again until the day after tomorrow. The ridge would be snowed in and even atop Ki it would be treacherous. Therefore Hoten was allowed to find a way to work better with his new Kirin companion, who Inago insisted should remained summoned at all times. He worried for Garasu. However he knew that she would be able to assimilate into the horse tribe and find a better family there.

He mounted Ki, trying to test his stamina. They hadn't actually worked together before than this would have to serve as their dry run. He didnt seem to have a problem with sprinting at maximum speed. For such a serious and solemn character, the Kirin was obviously very bold. It was enough to make him reconsider if he could possibly properly master fighting together with this creature. He decided to return to his training methods and testing his body. Hoten sat on Ki's back, not quite comfortable with bearback as of yet. More over his sleek, scaly body was extremely slippery and the spirit hated it when Hoten pulled his hair. Ki whinnied for a moment before launching into a run. A truly horse-like thing to do. Usually he would go to training grounds or even build his own obstacle course in the village but he didn’t have the time for that. it was just testing how far he could run at maximum speed. Last time he checked it took him half a minute to rocket into maximum speed without ninjutsu boosts. To be honest Hoten’s own training allowed him to match her his and endurance but he planned to change that.

By the time he stopped they were less than eighty meters away from the Inaho, uphill on a snowy path. Hoten could see the crevices and pathways out and around the mountains where he stood atop Ki. Ki certainly had gotten slightly better but he really didn't seem on a level high enough to match some of the monsters that lived in Iwa. When they returned to Inaho he allowed Ki to leave them for a while. He spotted his uncle.

“He seems stronger than before, the training might work. But how long does this usually take? His endurance isn’t that great.” Hoten confided in Inaho who glanced down at him quizzically. The bearded barbarian lead him to a wagon that contained a good number of spare food and other personal effects he had carried up the mountain. He rummaged through the things and drew out a saddle. Hoten stared at it in disbelief. Ki had told him that he wouldn't be saddled? Hoten didnt want the horned creature mad at him so early in the relationship. Inaho handed Hoten the thing and Hoten immediately dropped to the ground. The saddle was heavy, extremely so. It had to be at least two hundred pounds and weighing more than the boy. Then his uncle handed him four ankle braces that were each fifty pounds. All together four hundred pounds and probably the most Ki would have ever had to carry. Hoten looked at Inaho with disbelief but the man merely twiddled his beard braids.

“Have you never trained with weights boy?”

“Well, no.” I know of the general concept through. He said meekly.

Inaho sighed with disappointment. “A kirin is a swift animal yes, but unless he is powerful too, it cannot be used as a force in this world. While you are increasing the power of your summon, you might want to do the same with yourself, boy.”

Hoten accepted the criticism and tried not to respond. Instead, he devoted his energy to hauling four hundred pounds of equipment over to his kirin. The endeavor took three trips and thirty minutes because Hoten needed water breaks in between hauling. By the time he had gotten all the equipment on he kirin, Ki was boiling in anger. This was a new and fragile relationship, he didn't want to give Ki a reason to abandon him. Therefore he chose to let him walk around with the weight for a while without mounting. To get used to it. it was already night time before Hoten felt satisfied with his adjustment to the extra weight.

He ate his supper away Ki, because the kirin was still angry at the extra weight. It had been six straight hours since equipping Ki with the weight. He undid it finally. He whinnied with joy at getting the break, but this was only to compare the first day of training. He mounted him again and had him take off in a sprint. It was dark but Hoten hadn’t seen anything threatening lurking all day. Moreover the moon was full and offered sufficient light for a quick run. He kept close watch over his time. it only took him twelve minutes to reach maximum speed. Moreover her duration at a full sprint was slightly longer. He was already making progress. He and Ki stopped for water before continuing further. This time he decided to add a bit more weight. He took the kirin's ankle braces and tied them around his own arms. It was added weight to Ki but proved just as difficult for him. His uncle did tell him to train himself right along with Ki.

They set off for a run. he needed to stop her periodically because he couldn’t keep his own arms up for very long. He was determined to only have him run only when he could handle the weight. They spent the night constantly starting and stopping in their endevour to build resistance. They took breaks for water and to catch their breath and somehow it became both of their trainings. They spent the entire night up working on Ki's endurance and by the time they both collapsed from exhaustion Hoten could feel Ki slowly warming up to him, becoming more friendly. they slept through the night and Hoten could hardly toss in his sleep.

Ki Stamina training: 1120/1000
RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

C.J,

Hoten alone

Post by C.J, » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:06 am

Day 3Show
Hoten woke the next day with a start. It turned out he had overslept and it was already afternoon. it wasn’t his uncle’s face that hung over him but Ki's. The Kirin's face was a strange blend of a horse and a dragon's. long and scaly but with soft eyes and a less than threatening expression.

“Inago has informed me that you would have to get ready, we are moving.”

“Moving?”

“Yes, we have spotted a herd of mountain goat on the path. He wishes to capture a few for rations. Whilst I am not opposed to you humans devouring the flesh of animals, I do believe that it is a that is going out of your way when there is plenty of mountain flora to be eaten.”

“Hold on.” Hoten quickly got up at the sound of fresh meat.

Despite the kirin's admittance that he didn't mind Hoten and Inaho eating meat, there was still a very sour expression on his equine face. He had to keep on the regiment. Hoten took the two bands off of his arms. He came near the kirin. It was now that Hoten realized that rounding up a few mountain goats wasn't going to be an easy task. Travelling down the ridge, through the snow they found the bluff which the animals grassed on a patch of grass. Very high up, and a very narrow path.

He kept to the trail and tried to circle the tail of livestock. He kept note of how many there were in the herd. Something like twenty. He already had his bow ready. The problem was how to shoot one without startling the others away. Surely they would need two to sustain them until they reached their secret destination.

“HEY!” He heard the kirin under him bark. Hoten quickly looked around him and noticed a goat shoot off an a B line. “What?!

"What are you doing? You are startling them!" Hoten yanked at the Kirin's mane by accident. He took off after the goats. He was faster but the goats was obviously trying to get away from them. They shot along in an attempt to flank the animal, the goat made a noise and tried to run the other way. “After them!”

"I can't let you shot down a defenseless animal. Not while on me! All life is sacred!"

Hoten circled around the goat, he surrounded it, forcing the, to stop, else be trampled. It seemed to work as the goats were stunned. He stopped and had Ki stomp about, causing it to run the other direction, back towards the flat cliff. Unfortunately it wasn’t anywhere near over. It seemed that after the first goats made a break for it, a portion of the others also thought it was a good idea. “Shatter! Fine I wont shoot them but at least try not to let them get away. Trap 'em” Hoten shouted as the mountainsides were scattered with wild goat.

He had Ki make chase but was stopped. “DON’T STEP ON THEM!” Hoten shouted, causing Ki to veer in surprise. Ki nearly fell over once she realized there was a small goat right in his path. He would have trampled it if Hoten hadnt realized. He knew the kirin wouldn't like that. The kirin took paces backwards, obviously anxious. Hoten stroked his neck out of habit but it seemed to work. “It’s okay Ki, we just have to be a little more careful, we circle them, push them back into a wall”

He spurred Ki back to the task at hand; rounding up the goat. It would prove much more difficult than it should be. there was too many of them clustered, and they were constantly moving. Hoten couldn’t move too fast, lest he would have his kirin stomp over them. that wouldn’t be good at all. they weaved between the goat, Ki neighed at any strays causing them to be spooked into movement. This was getting worse. He was scattering them more. He tried to get the kirin to move to the left, his reactions were delayed. Too delayed. They circled the larger groups first, it did cost them a lot of time but it was the safest way that Hoten could see that got the animals to stop long enough for them to push them back into line. He had Ki neigh them, and make a fuss, causing them to run away. Before he could really be sure they made it back, he was already off again to round of the remaining of them.

He chased down the furthest groups, cutting them off before they escaped the Horde entirely. It was astounding how difficult goat could be. He blocked them off, causing them to shoot to another direction. Ki's maneuvering was still delayed. It bothered the boy somewhat but it was expected considering They hadn't ever worked together in such a serious situation. The saddle! Hoten didn’t have the time to dismount and unstrap. He had to multitask. He unbuckled his saddle while still on it. it slid to the side, but he held onto his body. The kirin neighed in confusion but Hoten’s hands were already at work. He yanked the other strap off and the entire saddle tumbled to the grass. He kept on thanks to a miracle and Ki managed not to trample any goat. The goat made a B-line as only chaos was in the Kirin's wake. “Left!” he shouted after him and as if he knew directions before Hoten offered them he moved. They were faster, but there was only a slight change in her agility. He skirted bunches as they attempted to circle the entire entire stray pack. They headed for the center, bunching themselves up. This was good, it was working – “AHEAD!” he shouted in panic. There was a goat in front and Ki would trample it without a doubt, but he was already on it. He hopped over it, launching himself in the air. the two landed again and turned. Hoten smiled at how well he was able to think and respond. This would be going well. They circled the sheep again and pushed them back. The protest of the animals were ignored as he corralled them all back towards a wall. there was still a few strays but they were easily circled and pushed back along. By the time that Hoten could stop and searched for each individual stray there didn’t seem to be any. He smiled at himself and his luck, this could have gone worse. Of course it could have also happened a lot better. Trust his luck.

Of course the question now was, why did he trap, all of the goat? They only needed two. Before he could make a decision an arrow flew from nowhere and downed two goat almost instantly. Inaho.

Taijutsu training 1140/1000
RPCsShow

C.J,

Hoten alone

Post by C.J, » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 am

Day 4Show
The next day came and Hoten found Ki sleeping next to him. The creature seemed to be warming up to him. That was an excellent si

“I thought there wouldn't be any point in us sharing body heat?” The Shoshiki offered, prompting the kirin to nod to shake his head, “There isn't, my body is insulted. You wont be able to gain heat from me.”

“Then why are you sleeping so close?” Hoten asked dumbly, prompting the creature to make a noise half why between a sigh and a neigh.

“I am contracted to you, and therefore my existence is now dependent on your chakra. Not casting jutsu isn't enough. I can see the strain in your face while you sleep. It isn't at all a simple task.” Ki stared at Hoten and the boy wasn't able to hide the truth. He has suspected that the reason he couldn't sleep properly was the constant stamina drain in maintaining the summoning jutsu. "It is much better for you that I remain close. It reduces the fatigue somewhat and doesn't over extend your power."

Hoten smiled at the creature. "Thank you for your consideration. However I think we should continue with the training. We only have a week until we are out of these mountains and are able to travel northward. The snow has finally let up and we are approaching the lowlands. We should focus on our cooperation. With my horse, I could use reins but since you don't like reins, responding to immediate situations together is difficult. We should practice weight distribution. By feeling the direction I'm leaning, you should be able to move more efficiently."

Ki didn't like how he stated the agenda. The boy understood that as Ki was still pretty proud and wouldn't find commands from Hoten an easy task but they had to try their best. He was hundreds of miles away from the village now so that he could come back with greater strength. Hoten really did intend on coming back with enough power to help and protect the village and Aimi.

“Okay, teach me.” Ki responded finally. He was determined to find his own strength if Hoten really could help him.

Hoten fought the urge to smile at the other kirin. Of course he didn’t know these things; he hadn't ever had a partner before. The animal lived in solitude. The boy bit back a ‘shatter’. "Look." Hoten pointed to Inaho, only a few meters away. He was atop his horse and offered silent commands by how he moved on top of his steed. If a normal warhorse could manage that much, surely a smart kirin with years of experience could pick it up instantly.

They trotted through the day and Hoten waited for them to make camp that evening before he began training. Once the fires and tents were set up Hoten and Ki made it to the edge of the campsite and began training in the rocky revine. He forewent the weights and decided it best to focus on Ki’s direction taking. He mounted and had him run ahead, he wanted him to learn how to stop on his command. He leaned back but he kept running. He shouted, "stop". Ki grunted in protest.

“I need you to be able to move using the cues from my weight. Okay, Ki? It just takes too much time to yank give you verbal commands, especially in combat and I don’t think you like that method as much.” He spoke to him waiting for him to protest but the kirin only nodded. While he liked to think he could get by with nothing more than verbal commands, it was easy for an enemy to understand your attacks if you shout them out before doing them. He kicked off again and tried to lean his weight back. He didn’t stop yet again. Hoten sighed audibly. Just then a new comer appeared behind him. his uncle. Hoten could pick the burly shape atop a horse with extreme levels of ease. It was also good to mention that his uncle was constantly giving off killing intent. It kept Hoten on his toes.

Inaho looked down at Hoten with understanding. Hoten doubted this tribe native who could speak to horses really understood anything. “Why don’t you try taking out the saddle. You have ridden bear back before?” Inaho suggested. Hoten thought about it then did as he was told and removed the saddle, setting it down in the grass. Once he remounted Hoten found it much more difficult. For one there wasn’t anything to hold his legs in place. The second being Hoten could feel every groove of the animals body. its breathing and the tension in its muscles. It was a unnerving experience and Hoten secretly welcomed the saddle. He had the kirin run again but he found a new problem. How to get it to feel his leaning went its own movements threw him around so much? He found it more difficult to make his own weight more prominent when he was bumped around by Ki’s body.

“Get used to her rhythm before imposing your own.” Inaho advised and Hoten tried to ride bear back. It was hours into the training before he actually began to find his body rocking with kirin instead of against it. He fit his body in with the legendary spiirt and it seemed to work well. He tried leaning against the kirin again. Putting the full force of his weight and leaning back. Ki had to have felt it because he sputtered to a slow stop.

“Shatter.” Hoten muttered as he realized this was progress. He had him run once more and had to pay attention to the movement of his body. He waited for between her strides as that seemed to be the right time. When it was easiest to distribute his weight against his. Once he found that optimum distribution in his movements he leaned his weight back against him and as commanded the kirin stopped. It took a bit of time again, but it was working. he was responded to his movements. This would prove a much more effective way to train in the future.

Wit training: 1037/1000
RPCsShow

C.J,

Hoten alone

Post by C.J, » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Day 5Show
The next day Hoten awoke with Kimimaru. Literally, right next to the other boy. Their horses slept near each other and as Kamimaru and Hoten both slept near their horses the boys ended up sleeping near one another. Kamimaru woke with a start as he realized they were being watched. Watched by none other than Hoten’s uncle and chief of the Silver Horde atop his massive black steed.

Kamimaru did a vertical jump, as did his horse. Hoten scrambled to his feet also. The chieftain scolded them both with nothing more than his eyes. it seemed that there was someone on this earth who was better at giving Hoten the stink eye than his grandfather. The chief, Inaho, barked orders at Kamimaru, and Hoten wasn’t going to be with him, considering how well he did guarding the sheep yesterday. The tribe had already started moving and the chieftain himself had to wake both boys. Apparently that was a great shame. Unfortunately the tribe had already started moving and Hoten’s things were already moving, including Garasu no Hime’s saddle. Hoten was forced to use the weighted saddle. He decided that it was probably better if he did try to train her today while they moved.

Today Hoten was giving the task of pulling the wagon.

“The wagon?” Hoten repeated clearly perplexed. Hauling loads wasn’t the job of horses. They had Oxen for this, there was no reason for Garasu no Hime to have to pull a wagon. “Shouldn’t I get a guard position? Like them?” He pointed at the number of riders surrounding the Horde, they were heavily armed and seemed to be the protectors and warriors in the tribe. Hoten and Garasu no Hime were ninja trained afterall, they were more skilled in warfare then barbarians. Of course he didn’t say that.

“That is a position of honor, and I don’t know how ninja operate, but honor is something earned not given to you with ninjutsu.” Inaho told him rather roughly. Hoten felt the stabbing in his words, he was obviously criticizing Hoten as a ninja and his comrades. The man may be his uncle but he was nothing more than a barbarian who didn’t know anything but riding around. Hoten decided to hold his tongue and do as he was designated to. Pull the wagon. Garasu already had a weighted saddle to deal with, pulling a wagon filled with… Hoten walked over and uncovered the tarp. “Rocks?” he grumbled. They had them hauling a wagon filled with rocks? This was ridiculous.

Still, he tied the wagon around to Garasu’s saddle and pulled her along. He didn’t want to mount her. She was already demoted to a simple labor animal. He heard her whinny in protest of her job. “I know, girl.” he replied. He stopped for a second, not knowing why he was talking to his horse. he had to be going crazy.

They continued their labor for a while before she got gradually slower. The Horde was moving at a constant speed but Hoten came to realize that he was being left behind. The livestock had caught up to him in his little middle section and were gathering at his legs. Sheep were outpacing a horse. He stopped and tried to unknot Garasu’s wagon. His uncle appeared behind him – he was guarding the rare it seemed.

“There is no stopping.” He said in his gruff calm voice.

“She is tired, and thirsty. We need to stop.”

“There is no stopping in the Horde,” he repeated with added forcefulness. “Everything and everyone must work as a unit; there is no stopping less everything behind you is cut off. Neither man nor animal may pass another in the Horde nor should your position be broken. If you or your mare is not able to keep up you are nothing more than a liability and have to be cut loose.”

Hoten stared incredulously at the man. He didn’t sound angry, he sounded so calm as if he was stating simple facts. That was what bothered Hoten. This man lacked compassion and seemed as blatant as the grass that surrounded them. The stone ninja narrowed his eyes at him. he pulled his horse after him, she continued to protest but Hoten understood that he couldn’t let her stop anymore. After a couple more miles Garasu no Hime began to refuse the loud all together. they were slowing down again. it was just too much for her to carry alone. She wasn’t built to haul this wagon, especially not alone. He stopped but only to untie one of the ropes from her saddle. The other stayed as he knew he wouldn’t be allowed to let her stop. Therefore he just had to carry the load along with her.

He pulled at the rope over his shoulder and tugged. He continued to pull. At first Garasu was continuing to protest, refusing to pull and leaving the work to Hoten. However after Hoten showed that he would pull it himself she started trotting next to him, taking her share of the load. They weren’t fast. Hoten especially. He thought wheels were suppose d to make this job less strenuous, it felt more like he was pulling the wheels as well. Soon a sweat broke out on him, however the same sweat had broken onto Garasu no Hime as well. However she didn’t seem to protest anymore. she couldn’t, because Hoten was sharing the load with her. They continued on with their trail a long way longer. Eventually they both caught their second wind and it became gradually easier to do the job. That or they managed to so the work in some kind of more synchronized fashion. Neither of them stopped pulling and Hoten could see his uncle behind him, keeping a watchful eye and waiting for them to slip up. soon the whole day passed before he realized that they had pulled that cart for over a hundred miles with little more than the scheduled breaks. By the time the two of them stopped pulling, it was night fall and without eating supper they both fell asleep.

[Strength training: 1023/1000]
RPCsShow

C.J,

Hoten alone

Post by C.J, » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:48 pm

Day 6Show
Hoten awoke the next day without someone telling him so. His frail body was sore beyond belief and he was extremely fatigued despite a surpisingly good night sleep. However after so many days of waking before even the sun, it seemed that he had at least managed to adjust. Today the hoard stopped at a lake and was refilling water supplies. That meant he could freely train on his own. Kimimaru had already departed not too long ago which meant Hoten really was alone here. No matter, he had already gotten used to training Garasu.

The horse stood in front of him, waiting expectantly.

"You seem to be mostly healed up. I suppose that ceremony did the trick." He spoke to his horse with his arms folded. The animal huffed at him. "Yeah, I know that shaman gives me the creeps too." He responded absentmindly. He looked up at his horse again, not sure how that happened. Furrowing his brow he lead her into the clearing again so that they may start.

He mounted her with the weighted saddle. She protested, of course, however her indignation was short lived this time. He supposed she had gotten used to it too. They both were having a disturbingly simple adjustment phase. Either way he pulled on her reins. He usually trained her with fence hops and running laps. Of course he was usually afforded very little free space in the Shoshiki compound and that was the most logical form of training. It taught Garasu no Hime obediance and cooperation. She could still be a handful though.

They started by running laps. Hoten had her run in a circle, using his newly learned leaning leading. It kept the circle tight but Garasu wasn't able to maintain a consistent speed because Hoten hadn't yet mastered distributing his weight. They didn't have fences so he substituted it for shrubs. They hopped a few shrubs before Hoten realised it was a waste. They were too low and Garasu always managed to trample them. He had the horse stop before sighing. Garasu no Hime snorted at him. "I know its not your fault but don't blame me either." He snapped back at her. He shook his head. This direct sunlight was obviously doing things to his head.

Suddenly he heard the sound of a horse walking up behind him. If he had though Kimimaru's horse was big, Inaho of the kinjuu and the head of the Silver Horde's horse was a giant. The jet black stallion towered over Garasu at twice her height. Hoten could see the muscles ripple by the sheen of his lush black coat and her his powerful breaths like steam rising from the mines back in Iwa. Hoten had thought he knew what it meant to look at this man but here, atop his horse and in his element he looked akin to a king. The Shoshiki felt miniscule next to something such as that. Inaho walked up to Hoten and handed him a rather light pole with a cone tip made of tin, maybe pewter. Was this supposed to be a practice javalin?

Hoten's uncle only stared at him, circling the boy and horse with dangerous intent. He spun his pole clockwise as he sized Hoten, the boy was forced to hold up the make-shift spear in swak defense. "Wait, Inaho?" He began anxiously before the man lunged at him with his spear. He japped down and poked at Garasu's leg hard. The horse whinnied before trying to run. The other man quickly intercepted the two and thrust his spear again. "Wait!" Hoten asked both Garasu no Hime and Inaho.

Hoten tried to yank at Garasu's reins but the horse resisted out of fear. Hoten somehow knew. The horse was jabbed in the side.

"If you want to protect yourself and your horse then you both must move as one." He advised before lunging at them again. Hoten yanked at her reins, causing her to jump up at her hinde legs. This seemed to evolve into a battle of horses as Inaho's horse did the same, kicking at Garasu's hooves. The massive black horse huffed at Garasu even before she could protest. Hoten only stared at his uncle atop his horse. The two worked well. He hadn't seen it until now. His uncle held the rein with one hand, hardly moving it was obvious commands like Hoten had. The horse was huge but he could tell its footwork was probably higher than a normal riding animal. The horse had great control over its body and Inaho had astounding levels of control over his horse. It was more than admirable.

"One hand on rein." He commanded Hoten before leaning forward and rocketing his black steed at the two. Inaho lifted his spear and Hoten let go of one hand and gripped his own javalin. He must have leaned back and alerted Garasu because she took a step back, offering Hoten the distance to plunge his spear attack. The two rods collided, sending a metalic ring through the air. Hoten could fell extremely high levels of fear. His chest tightening, but he fought through it. His uncle was done. The man pulled on his rein, his horse tried to kick at Hoten. The Shoshiki anticipated the pain that he would feel, however at the same time Garasu lifted herself up too she kicked at the horse as well and the hooves collided in dangerous claps of horseshoe.

Despite the meager size of Garasu next to Inaho's huge horse the two seemed even. That or Inaho was holding back. Garasu went back to all fours and whinnied with anxiety. Hoten understood and pulled at her rein, turning her back around. She blitz away and Inaho easily made chase after them. Hoten wasn't sure what was happening but somehow he kept enough control over Garasu that she kept away from the spear jabs at her feet or Inaho's attempts to trip her. Garasu's agility was truly impressive.

Taijutsu training
[1003/1000]
RPCsShow

C.J,

Hoten alone

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:28 pm

First week completeShow
Hoten and his uncle Inaho charged along the plains of the rock country at startling speeds. Neither letting up and speed and bothe engaged in a rather ruthless bout.

"Inaho!?"

"You must learn what it means to be of the Tenrai!"

"But I am a ninja of the Shoshiki clan!"

At some point their mock battle had erupted into a battle of what Hoten really was. He looked, sounded and acted like a ninja. His whole life, he had been a ninja, not the rock country's cavalry.

His uncle's horse flanked them and he plunged his spear at Garasu's legs. In the heat of the moment Hoten had learned to adjust his weight without wasting movements and confusing his horse. The animal leapt to the side, skidded against the grass for barely a moment before hopping forward and resuming his most powerful thrust. Hoten hadn't trained with reach weapons he was afraid that in a match like that he would be sorely outmatched. If only he had his bow.

The black horse blitzed ahead of them and cut them off again before pursuing straight. Inaho thrusted his spear at Hoten's head! Hoten pulled on Garasu no Hime's rein and had her launch herself to one side. Hoten ducked and the spear hovered over his right cheek for only the most dire seconds before his uncle retracted it. Hoten kept his horse forward and passed his uncle.

"You are your father's son. You may wish to throw that away but it is true. Your father was a Tenrai and you are a part of these people. I have watched you. You resist yourself."

Something boiled within Hoten, causing him to turn Garasu spin Garasu no Hime so quickly that he would have fallen off if he hadn't held onto his rein so tightly.

"There is nothing to resist. I am only here to save Garasu no Hime! Don't mistake my intensions!" Somehow Hoten got enough rage within him to thrust his own spear at his uncle. He was mad. Perhaps because his uncle was really trying to injure him. Perhaps because he was questioning his very indentity. Hoten had always been a ninja. It was all that he thought he was meant for and all he had ever wanted in life. He had worked hard to gain the strength he needed to for him to become one. He didn't care about the Tenrai.

His uncle threw up his spear and knocked it off course. Inaho let go of his reins and grabbed at Hoten's collar.

"You deny your birthright!" "I have no birthright!"

Hoten leaned back and Garasu was launched backwards. His uncle circled. Feriocity cracking his usually stern facade. He did something unbelieveable. He jumped up and stood atop the saddle, balancing perfectly. The horse pursued Hoten and the Shoshiki had Garasu run further still. Inaho didn't even seemed phased by the movement of his horse. He raised the spear up.

"Shatter!" Hoten cursed as he realised what was going next. Inhao's eyes narrowed as he targetted. A terrible chill ran up Hoten spine. He could hardly breathe as the adrenaline seemed to double. Why was he so afraid!?

He looked behind himself as Inaho kept at his back until the man twisted his body and threw that spear. It whistled with amazing power and accuracy. "Garasu!" He shouted before making a massive lean. The horse seemed to understand clearly as she hopped to the right suddenly. The sudden change in direction left Hoten jarred for a second after their touchdown. Ir seemed to be enough as the metal pole became imbedded into the hard soil of the rock country plains. The pole vibrated for a moment before Inaho plucked it out again. Armed, he pursued Hoten.

Hoten already knew he was outmatched. There was no question on whether this man was being serious or not. Inaho of the Tenrai was called the Steed of Iwagakure. A prominent banin, so famous that he was made leader within the Kinjuu. Hoten couldn't stand a chance again a man like that. Still there was an insult committed here that Hoten couldn't live down. He questioned Hotens loyalities.

The boy went back for an offensive. If Garasu's stamina kept up he could try to maintain a defensive of just dodges.

"I am Shoshiki Hoten! I am a ninja of the village hidden in stone. Don't mistake my loyalties!"

"What do you hope for ninja!?" Inaho shot back. They both launched their spears. Hoten had tried to jab Inaho in the chest but the man was quicker than him, and more experienced. Inaho launched his spear at Garasu's neck, jabbing the horse and throwing it to the ground and instantly winning this mock battle. Hoten had lost but his defeat wasn't so simple it seemed. He felt a tremendous shooting pain at his own neck. The injuring pulsated through his entire body, weakening his own legs. "What?" He stammered while trying to regain his senses. But it hurt so much. Tears welled in his eyes as he clutched at his neck. Garasu tumbled to the ground and Hoten rumbled off in pain. This didn't make sense. Hoten shouldn't have felt pain. He wasn't the one attacked. Still he rolled onto his back staring up at the clouded skies. This didn't make any sense. His uncle stared down at him as he had his hand on his neck.

"The spiritual bonding has already happened then. I am impressed. For someone not born of horse you sure established the connection quickly."

"What connection?"

"The connection between man and beast. The spiritual ceremony you did."

"Wait, I don't understand."

"You linked your own soul with that of your horse. A complete and perfect link that causes your ability to feel its pain. It ptobably was behind your quickly cooperation as well." Hoten remained silent. "Either way. I want that you spend your time here properly. If you cannot at least manage that then your stay here will be longer." "But!"

"Once I am satisfied with your development here then you may not move on." "Move on?" "Yes after your training amongst the tenrai are finished, you will have to go to the masters and learn Genma subjegation ninjutsu. You will be able to help the jinchuriki of the life genma once you are finished training.

Taijutsu training.
1052/1000
RPCsShow

Return to “Rock Country”