Fields of Gold - Crossroads to Our Lives

Trurouno

Post by Trurouno » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:43 pm

There wasn’t much to disturb the slight fluttering of the wind on the outskirts of Iwagakure. The dense fields of corn sometimes caught the touch of the wind and gently shook in reply, but even that didn’t leave much of a sound in the old fields. Occasionally the farmers would come to check their crops, walking carefully through and inspecting each plant in turn, but not today. The light chitter of bugs on the leave was punctuated by the flowing wind before it faded back into the ambient silence. Instead today was empty, silent and peaceful. To one end of the field there was a commotion. The bugs sunk down to the bottom of the roots, hiding and staying silent as the crackle of shifting stones broke the silence.

Running at the edge of the fields was a long road reaching to the closest village and the other side of the country if you kept walking. Following it one would find a small crossroad breaking the expanse of golden fields. The dull plod of footfalls kept the crackling of stones in time, like percussion for the small cart the animal was pulling behind it. On the uncomfortably hot day anyone would think a trading cart would look out of place, but with the large furry animal and elaborate tent pitched over the top of the small caravan that probably wouldn’t be the first thing people would notice. Against the golden expanse the bright red of the tent and the brightly coloured clothes off it’s driver stood out. Hunched over one end of the cart the driver stared out impassively at the expanse, unmoved by the beautiful, golden scene as beads of sweat ran down his brow. It wasn’t his decision to come out this far to the edge of the country but the one who had ordered him around didn’t leave much room for argument, she never had. The man was only in his early thirties, but his skin seemed wrinkled and scarred more than most men his age. One could tell just from looking at him that he was used to travelling like this, and probably by his gaudy and hideously coloured clothing that the bright cart belonged to him. The man wore a long red and blue coloured robe. Extravagant designs coloured the robe, various black laced plants intertwining with each other as small birds perched on their flowers. He kept his hands firmly around the harnesses for the strange creator pulling the cart. Even the material he was using to keep the animal in check was a dazzling gold, unpleasant and out of place for the grey haired man. A scraggly beard hung from the man’s chin which he ran a hand across before running a sleeve of his robe over his brow. He shook off the sweat but didn’t seem too bothered that he had dirtied the ridiculously coloured robe. In this weather it would probably dry fast.

The edge of the tent was thrown open as another person emerged from the tent and sat down next to the brightly coloured man.

“Time to switch?” the man asked lazily, not completely comfortable with the woman’s sudden appearance.

“Too hot in there” the woman replied, glancing out at the golden expanse. She rested her head on her hand, zoning out as she mumbled. “I need to take something off.”

“Please don’t” the man replied with a groan.

The woman shot him a glare, bright eyes drilling holes into the back of the man’s head. He could feel the sweat even clearer now.

“Pretty rude Core, you wouldn’t have said that when we first met.”

“Maybe I’m bored of you Maya.”

“Pffffff, like you could do better” Maya replied with a crass smile.

Maya and Core had been travelling like this for six years now, but that didn’t mean they were quite used to living so close. It had got even worse when they had got married. At least they were used to each other now, even if Maya didn’t share Core’s rather individual fashion sense. Tall and lean, Maya seemed to be a woman in the prime of her life. She looked ready to jump into action at any moment, this was only reinforced by the Iwagakure symbol she had slung over one arm. She wore a much blander robe than her husband, bland grey tightly covering her from head to toe as if she was a doll. It made sense that she was desperate to get rid of the thing. Her dark hair was short, stopping at her collarbone and matted to keep it out of her eyes. These were a golden blue, clear and unnerving. They were reminiscent of the colourful clothes her husband was wearing. At the edges of her robe you could just about see the start of her arms and legs, in places they seemed just a touch darker than the rest of her skin.

“Urghhh this heat” Maya groaned.

“We’ll be to the next town before you know it” Core replied without even turning around.

“Oh we better, else this robe is going onto the road.”

Suddenly there was a loud thud, the cart shifting to one side as it fell to the ground. The furry animal at the front of the cart struggled for a moment before turning and starting at Maya with a sort of ‘what do I do’ look. The woman jumped to her feet and moved to leave the cart. Shuffling forwards the robe caught and she was sent tumbling into the golden fields. Pulling herself up she brushed off some of the shy bugs, desperately trying to find somewhere to hide and looked over the problem. It wasn’t hard to find. Looking down the road she could see the missing wheel rolling to a stop and falling on its side as Core peered over to see what was wrong.

“Oh, that’s not good” he said blandly.

“OF COURSE IT’S NOT” Maya yelled in reply, angrily shuffling over to the wheel.

“Oh. . . yeah” Core continued. “Well hey, we reached the cross roads at least. Maybe someone will pass by with a spare?”

“LIKE HELL THAT’S GONNA HAPPEN”

Maya’s voice echoed over the golden fields and the bugs crept just a little deeper towards the ground, but hey, at least there was a little life to the place for once.
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?Show
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- Osamu Hisao - Genin - Iwa -
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- Toukai Emiko - Chuunin - Kiri -
- 0/0 points -

+
- Awai Ruadhri - Genin - Konoha -
- 0/0 points -

+

Amy

Post by Amy » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:47 pm

With every breath Aimi growled a little deeper to herself. She was tired and it showed. It showed in the way she walked, her toes barely leaving the ground, her heels nearly dragging the ground as she moved forward. Her hands hung loosely at her sides, swinging carelessly. Head hung several degrees too low. It showed on her face, the space between her eyes deeply wrinkled. Her mouth pouted slightly. But more than all of that, it was her eyes that gave her away. Unfocused and deepset. Lost to a world that the rest could not see. And being this tired just made her angry.

Planning, training, studying, learning, trying, failing, wanting, hating, fighting. Over and over, every day. With her handler, with the village officials, with Hoten, with Nolosha, with herself. Every time she thought that she was getting ahead of the game, ahead of herself, something came along and proved to her that she wasn’t. That she would never be good enough for what was expected of her. Maybe it was because she still didn’t know if she wanted to be good enough. It wasn’t a life she had chosen. She had become a Shinobi because it was what was expected of her. Her parents hadn’t given her an option - not really. They were too busy to take care of her so she had been enrolled in the Academy as soon as she was old enough.

She had slacked off for years. Happy to stay a Genin until she was forgotten and could move on with her life. And then the village she so dearly cared for sealed one of the greatest beasts of all time into her. Forever putting her in the eyes of everyone in the village. Forcing her to grow and built lest she lose herself and eventually perish. Sometimes, in her lowest moments, Aimi wasn’t sure that this was such an awful option. But there was always something holding her back - Hoten made sure of it.

But today she had needed a day off so she found herself on the outskirts of the village. Pacing the line that she was forbidden from crossing alone. The world’s biggest cage. She hadn’t expected to see anyone out that far and so when bright colors caught her eye she was only faced with confusion. Technically she was probably not supposed to go talk to them, even though she would never want to anyways. But the fact that it held a certain amount of danger, a certain amount of unknown...well, she found her path shifting to lead her towards them. The couple that seemed to be having as rough of a time as she was.

" Hello? " Standing a bit of a ways from the shouting couple, Aimi stared at them. Her face blank but the exhaustion impossible to wash off. " You two having some problems? A bit lost? " Her head tilted slightly to the side. " Your cart seems to be broken. " It wasn’t that Aimi was trying to cause trouble or bask in someone else’s problems for once...she just wanted to make sure she had a good image of what was happening.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

Trurouno

Post by Trurouno » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:12 pm

The pittar patter of feet snapped Core to attention. His attention had been focused on the golden fields, mindless, desperate, bored. It wasn’t an unusual feeling, this wasn’t the first time the cart had broken down on their journey, it was just a shame it was so close to home. This last leg was the culmination of a little trip the two had been on for the last few months, it seemed awfully fitting to end it in the village where Maya grew up. Of course Core was no ninja, the large stone walls and cramped space of Iwagakure made him uncomfortable. It was all a little too. . . rocky for him and without enough variety, but Maya was always just that little bit more energetic when she was home. Core ignored a loud groan from under the cart, a clattering of various tools hinting that Maya probably wasn’t having the best of times. Coming to his feet and dusting his glamourous robes he hopped down to the side of the cart. The pitter patter of feet sped up slightly, a fur faced huff encouraging Core to move a little faster.

“God damn it’s hot” Maya cursed from underneath the cart.

Tiptoeing over to the large furry animal, Core’s fingers pulled at the sides of his robe to keep it from dragging in the dirt. Placing a hand on the bump one could only suppose was the lazy animal’s head Core leaned down to look in it's eyes. Pulling away some of the fur two green iris stared up at him and the pitter patter of restless feet stopped.

“What’s wrong Shay? Toilet?” Core asked.

The animal shook its head in reply, fur shaking.

“Hungry?” The animal shook its head again before shaking its large body meaningfully.

“Ahh, need a clean then?” Core hummed to himself. “Give me just a moment.”

It was a miracle but somehow Maya had chosen an animal that seemed to be as meticulous and caring over its looks as Core was. Her response had been ‘interesting’ to say the least. Looking now Core couldn’t see much of a problem. The animal’s fur remained a shimmering silver and all of the dirt from the journey seemed to have collected on its hoofs rather than anything else. He made a circuit of the animal and found the problem.

“Ahh, must have been picked up from that bump a while ago” Core noted, looking at a dirty brown patch on one side of the large animal.

“Are you speaking to the sheep again?!” Maya yelled from underneath the cart.

Suddenly a touch more energetic Core made his way back to the cart and jumped up to the side. The cart shook in response and Core heard Maya let loose a couple of curses in his direction.

The pittar patter of feet caught Core’s attention again as searched for the lacquer edged brush he had bought when they had started travelling with the animal.

“Yes, Shay, give me just a moment.”

Finally finding the brush Core made his way out of the tent, only to find Shay completely still. The animal still seemed a little bothered by the patch but the pittar patter of feet was coming from further down the road.

“Maya, seems we have company” Core called, knocking on the side of the cart for his wife.

“Have they got a wheel?!” Maya yelled back.

“Doesn’t seem like it.”

“Ignore them then.”

Maya huffed loudly and got back to work, but Core couldn’t help but be interested.

Aimi spoke, she sounded tired just like the two of them were. He could only suppose she was just as desperate to get out of the heat.

“Hello there?” he called back, putting on a soft smile as he set down the brush on the side of the cart and took a few steps in Aimi’s direction.

“I’m afraid so. It seems our wheel has, well, fallen off.”

“C’mon Core!” Maya yelled angrily, the clattering of tools stopping as Maya pulled herself out from under the cart. “What did I just say!?”

Maya’s robe was covered with dirt and chips of wood when she eventually emerged, coming to stand next to her unblemished and colourful husband. Rubbing her dirty hands against what unstained spots of the robe were left Maya shook herself like a dog fresh out of the rain. Some of the dirt scattered in Core and Shay’s direction, the animal and his owner shifting uncomfortably to try and stay out of her way.

“We don’t have time for this stuff, the least you could do is help out! C’mon, why have I got to do all the heavy lifting! You think these thin little arms can keep holding up the cart like that! And with you jumping up and down like nobody’s business!” she mumbled angrily, mostly to herself. Maya noticed Aimi walking towards them and jolted up.

“Oh, you’re a Shinobi!” she blurted out, surprised and pointing with a dirty screwdriver. “What the hell are you doing all the way out here?”
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+
- 0/0 points -

+

Amy

Post by Amy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:14 pm

These two made her tired and she had only been around them for a few moments. Well, the three if you counted the sheep that was standing with them. The man was dressed brightly, obnoxiously and Aimi had the strong urge to throw dirt on him until he better matched the scenery surrounding him. That would be rude though.

Aimi, these are strangers on the outskirts of the village. Say your pardons and get out of here.

They’re a couple of civilians. What could they possibly do? They’re stuck.

You’re so sure about that? People are good at deceiving, Aimi. You have no business being here. Go home.

If she wouldn’t have looked crazy to the people standing in front of her, Aimi would have rolled her eyes. She could handle herself. Didn’t need the Genma babysitting her constantly. Or this stranger, for that matter. Her name she hadn’t caught, but she had seemed to refer to the man as Core. An odd name. But who was she to judge.

" Exploring. Sight seeing. Don’t see that it much matters to you. Especially given your circumstances. What broke? "

Walking past the two, Aimi knelt down to observe the cart where the wheel was supposed to be. It looked like it had broken over strain. They must have been traveling a long distance. From and to where, Aimi had to wonder. It wasn’t even the places that she was curious about. Just the fact that they were able to travel. To leave. Aimi was jealous. Purely and unadulteratedly jealous. Looking at the cart was just a way to work through the feelings so that it wouldn’t show on her face.

" Well I’m no cart expert but if you need muscle I can at the very least supply you with that. Where are you two...three, heading? " Not to the village...or maybe she wanted them there with her. She didn’t know why but even as she thought it, she knew exactly why. She wanted to learn about where they had been. What they had seen. There had to be so many interesting things they had seen, and Aimi wanted every last detail. Something to brighten her day. Something to distract her.

Something to think about and dream about at night.

" That work for you, Miss…? "
My CharactersShow

Trurouno

Post by Trurouno » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:11 pm

With a furrowed brow and a harsh glance Maya edged closer to Core.

“I don’t trust her” she whispered loudly, sharp voice cutting through the awkward silence.

“And why is that?” Core sighed, lowering his voice slightly.

“Flimsy excuses.”

“We’re not much better are we?”

“She didn’t say her name”

“Neither have you. . .”

“She has a bad attitude as well.”

Core rested a weary eye on his wife, Maya’s glare jumping between him and Aimi before her sharp eyes rested on his own. Her brow furrowed and her eyes turned to a glare as she thumped her hands against her chest and leaned in even closer.

“Well. . . she just seems suspicious!”

“She’s a Shinobi like you isn’t she?”

She glared up at her husband, searching for the proper words to break down his argument. Core towered over her by a good foot but with her brow furrowed and her angry whispers anyone could swear they looked more like a small rabbit and a sleeping lion in a not so dangerous confrontation. She seemed to mouth a couple of angry phrases, as if trying to find a sentence that threw them all together. . . but nothing bubbled to the surface. Instead she just huffed angrily, looking back at Aimi before pouting and turning her back on the girl. She stormed off, angrily pressing the screwdriver into her pocket as she returned to work on the cart.

“Maya? Oyyyy Maya. . . I’m sorry about my wife. . . she’s not good with other Shinobi. . .” Core explained. “Or anyone I guess. . .” he mumbled to himself.

Core ran a hand over his brow, the loud thumping sound of Maya returning to work jarring against his calm demeanour. “My name’s Cornelius” he explained, offering a hand to the girl. “Most just call me Core though.” The tall man smiled but with another loud thwack from the other side of the cart his hand juddered and he gingerly pulled it back to his side.

“It’s rude to ask someone’s name when you haven’t said your own!!!” Maya yelled over the top of the cart, another loud thump indicating she had probably stopped listening.

“I’m really sorry about her” Core sighed. “But we could do with a hand on the cart. . . if you don’t mind braving my wife’s territory.” Core chuckled a little, but stopped himself, glancing nervously at the cart.

“I’m no good with that sort of stuff, I’m sure I’d be no help at all” he smiled. “Just. . . please try to keep her in a good mood” he continued meekly.

Lazily stumbling back to where Shay was stamping against the ground. Core twitched as another whack of the hammer echoed through the fields of corn. Moving to rub behind one of the large animal’s ears, his hand vanished up to the wrist in a bundle of hair. The sheep huffed in reply, the stamping stopped. “Don’t you start as well” he smiled, rubbing a little harder.
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+
- 0/0 points -

+

Amy

Post by Amy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Do they know we can hear them?

You better hope they don’t know there is a ‘we,’ Aimi. You are being irresponsible. Go. Home.

Pursing her lips, Aimi continued to listen to the conversation between the couple. The woman clearly was not a fan of her - Aimi wouldn’t argue that the feeling was mutual. The woman was crass. Rude. Abrasive. Not entirely unlike herself. Clearly, they were not going to get along. It didn’t even seem like they got along with each other. So how in the hell was she supposed to get along with them.

And then Core said that the woman was a Shinobi.

I’m definitely not leaving now. Aimi spoke before the Genma could even try.

Irresponsible and childish. Nolosha practically hissed the words before leaving Aimi to make her own mistakes. She wanted to know more about them. Aimi wanted to know everything.

" It’s alright. Believe it or not she’s not the most difficult person I’ve had to deal with. The name’s Aimi, by the way. I’ll see what I can do for your wife. No promises on the mood though. " Smiling slightly at the odd man, trying to reassure him that she wasn’t going to murder his wife, probably, Aimi spun on her heel to reach the cart. Staring at the woman who was angrily beating on the cart. Contemplating what to say. Half wanting to piss her off more and half wanting to get on her good side so she could gain some information.

Biting off the remarks about how hitting was likely not going to fix the wheel well, Aimi instead chose to introduce herself. Something the woman was apparently looking for. " The name’s Tanaka Aimi. I’m a Special Jounin of Iwa. I couldn’t help but overhear your shouting when you were standing five feet from me. " Oop, couldn’t keep away all of the snark. " You’re a Shinobi as well? From here? "

Start with something easy. Something familiar. Aimi really did want to help them fix their cart but until Maya asked for help, she wouldn’t dare to touch it. Not because she wanted to make the woman ask. But because she didn’t want to step on the woman’s toes and risk losing an opportunity to gain information.
My CharactersShow

Trurouno

Post by Trurouno » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:27 pm

There was another clunk and smash as Maya tried to jam another piece of detached gear into the axel of the cart. She had a screwdriver in one hand and an unhelpfully large mallet in the other, which she was making good use of. The wheel itself sat a few feet away, unmoved from when it had rolled off the cart earlier, she didn't seem to have any intention of moving it yet. There was a thump of boots as Maya groaned and pulled herself out from under the cart. She was expecting to see her husband towering over her with a cup of tea, but no such luck. As she shuffled out she brought a cloud of dust with her that quickly soaked over her robes and rested on her shoes. She patted at her robe, as if it would make a difference, and rested a weary eye on the younger woman.

“What’d’ya’want?” she moaned. Maya looked the girl over properly, raising a cynical eyebrow to everything she was saying. Aimi was a little taller than her, and she could even grudgingly admit she was attractive for a Shinobi. She seemed like she'd be decent in a fight as well, or at least that she was kitted out enough for any trouble. That was all very annoying. At least she introduced herself this time.

She recognised the girl’s name, well she should have. There was a twitch of recognition, but it vanished as Aimi’s quick mouth sent another sarcastic remark her way. The older Shinobi narrowed her gaze instead and set down her tools on the side of the cart.

“From here. . .” she confirmed reluctantly, repeating what Aimi had said.

“Maya, Jounin, Special task forces”
she finally offered, holding out a grubby hand. “Just Maya. . .”

Maya’s grubby grey robe parted slightly as she leaned forwards, scribbles of black ink showing themselves for a second. Taking her hand someone would be able to see interlocking tattoos further up her arm as well, but they’d have to look carefully. As if to prove she was a Shinobi Maya shifted her robe a little and pulled out her headband from inside. One could only suppose she had it hidden for the sake of some secret mission, but the cloth around the head guard was so knackered and damaged it would probably snap if she tied it around her head anyway. The guard itself was covered in scratches as well, it couldn’t be called a shining example of professionalism, but was that really a surprise?

“So, did Core ask you to come and give me a hand?” Maya groaned, rubbing a dirty hand over her brow as she looked down at the broken cart.

The cart was slumped over on one side, but nothing seemed to be horribly broken. There weren’t any splintered wood or broken parts, at least not from the wheel itself coming off, so it seemed to be more a case of things just falling apart. In fact, from the looks of it everything had just come out of place, and that this probably wasn’t the first time. The cart seemed to be well looked after, but the wood was grubby with age and the edges of the tent were showing the wear of a long journey. The tools Maya had been using were blunted and chipped as well, they had probably been over each part of the cart a million times.

“Damn good for nothing couldn’t even come himself. . .” Maya mumbled to herself. “Well, we’re never gonna make it home just standing here. . . come, give me a hand with this” she asked simply, indicating for Aimi to follow. “We’ll find a way to pay you back later, I promise. . . You can tell me a bit about yourself in the meantime, well, if you’re nobleness will bless us with the information” she added crudely as she shuffled back to the cart.
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+
- 0/0 points -

+

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 am

Aimi contemplated what Maya told her and what she pulled in about the woman as she talked. The wear and tear of the forehead protector, the way she kept it hidden in her robes. Shame? Hiding her identity? Something else? There were the tattoos that ran across her skin. Marks of where she had been maybe. Her story. Fuuin, possibly. But it was everything about her. The weary way in which she spoke. Maya guarded herself as heavily as Aimi did and that told Aimi that the woman was hiding something at least equally as important as a Genma.

And she would find out what it was.

" He said that you needed some help and that he was no good at these things. If I had to guess though I’d say the dirt is probably just scaring him away. He’s entirely too...bright. Or something. Nice enough guy, though, I guess. Not really what I expected to find out here though. " Shrugging her shoulders, Aimi slid her coat off and tossed it onto the seat of the cart leaving her forearms bare.

Oh, so now we’re just announcing my presence? Do you really have no common sense about you?

We live in a village where there are demon people wandering around underground tunnels. Somehow I don’t think rare chakra beast is going to be the first conclusion these people jump to. And if it is? And they care? I can handle them.

No, Aimi, you can’t handle them. Not without me. And the fact that you know there is a chance that this might happen and are STILL here shows how stupid you’re being. They don’t need your help.

Well maybe I need to help them.

Aimi was startled out of her argument with Nolosha by Maya’s remark. Nobleness? That wasn’t...no, that couldn’t be a dig at her being the Jinchuriki. Impossible. Feeling a little bit of regret now at not only removing her jacket but also staying there in the first place, Aimi gave Maya a suspicious look.

" Nobleness, huh? I can’t say I know what exactly you’re referring to. You’re the one who has been off and exploring? Hunting? Researching? You can’t have been on a mission not with a civilian. You’ve been gone entirely too long for that as well based on the state of your cart. So what? What makes you so special that you can just waltz in and out of Iwa without so much as a thought? Or are you just not ready to bless me with such information yet? " Aimi smile antagonistically at the woman before squatting down to lift the cart off of the broken axle. It would make it easier to work on without the weight of the cart sitting on it. In the meantime she supposed there was some information she could share. If only to ease the woman’s anger she was sure she was stoking.

" I already told you I’m a Special Jounin though I’ve heard rumors they’re thinking of promoting me again. I focus primarily on Doton - big surprise there. I...hm. To be honest my life in the village isn’t all that exciting. I’m not quite sure what information you’re looking for, Maya, " Aimi finished with a shrug, the cart bouncing slightly with the movement.
My CharactersShow

Trurouno

Post by Trurouno » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:24 pm

Sigh. Maya had only said a couple of words, but that was enough to set Aimi off apparently. It sounded like she had a good eye, enough to properly take in the situation and the strangeness of it all. She was happy to blurt it all out of course and such frankness wasn’t always the best idea for a Shinobi. Maya tried to ignore her, but this girl seemed exceedingly good at rubbing her the wrong way. She was right to ask questions, but surely she didn’t expect an answer to half of them? And that attitude as well, it was going to get tiring fast. Maya felt a twitch run up her spine, one that told her to dish out all the unpleasantness, spite, hate, anger, all of it that was welling up, but she stopped herself. She was a responsible adult after all.

Exploring, hunting, researching, she said? The truth was a bit of all three.

“Well” she said slowly, barely opening her mouth for fear of showing off just how much her molars were grinding into each other. “You’re certainly a ‘talkative’ one. And here I was just trying to be. . . nice.”

A twisted smile crossed over Maya’s face. In the end she just waved Aimi over. “Just hold that up for the time being.” She ordered, pointing a finger to one corner.

Aimi took of her coat and for a second time Maya felt she should be remembering the girl, there weren't too many Shinobi with weird glowing veins after all. Instead Maya's molars dug into each other even harder, the girl really wasn't too bad looking. Maya reluctantly pulled off her robe and dumped it on the ground next to her. If the young girl was going to make this a competition then she wasn't going to give up so easily. Underneath Maya's grey robe the tattoos took a more obvious shape, most notably by the fact that they covered her whole upper half from her arms, to her waist and all the way up to her neck. She wore a top to cover her moderate chest, but it was clear now just how random and obsessive all the tattoos where. There seemed to be hundreds of small lines, intertwining and interweaving like the branches of a tree, but they reeked of chakra and infused ink. Looking carefully one would be able to tell shapes, rough ones at least, but they would have to look very carefully.

Maya looked up nervously for a reaction, before pulling herself together. She knelt down as Aimi went to lift the cart, kneeling in as close as was appropriate before resting a harsh glare on the younger girl. “Although I would love to answer all of your questions girl I think you’ll find I’m not allowed to” she hissed. “That’s what special forces means, classified stuff.”

Maya kept a smug look on her face, but it faltered as she leaned in even closer and looked at Aimi carefully. “But let me tell you one thing, don’t go thinking of Core as just another civilian. It isn’t only Shinobi and shiny veined girls like you that keep this world turning. You’d be smart to get that in your head.”

“Now, keep it held up high” she said, leaning under the axel. “For the sake of getting this over with.” She mumbled angrily, returning to manically jamming bits into the tired mechanism. So much for being a responsible adult.

There was a thunk as the cart shifted to one side suddenly. “STOP MOVING EVERYTHING SO MUCH CORE” Maya yelled, banging a fist into the cart.
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+
- 0/0 points -

+

Amy

Post by Amy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Apparently, the trying to be nice only lasted so long with the woman who seemed to be annoyed with everything Aimi said and did. But she wasn’t bothered by it. In fact it was sort of nice conversing with someone who didn’t think she was the greatest thing to walk the streets of Iwa. And Maya didn’t pity her either. Maya and Core didn’t know about her losing her parents. Her meltdown. They didn’t know her. They were strangers, for once, and Aimi wasn’t going to let that go. So they could fight and argue and make faces at each other and Aimi was going to enjoy every second of it before having to walk back into the village where it felt like everyone knew her. But no one really did.

" Who would I tell your precious secrets to? Hm? You don’t exactly seem in a hurry to get anywhere anyways. If you have secrets they can’t be of all that big importance. Because you know what it’s starting to sound like to me? " Aimi steadied the cart, ignoring the comment about her green veins. Choosing instead to try to force information out of the woman by making her more and more angry.

" It’s starting to sound an awful lot like the village just wanted you out of their hair. So they put you on this mission, this information gathering adventure with Core, who obviously has some sort of...something special about him...and hoped you’d never come back. Right? Did you two have some sort of crazy scheme going on? Some sort of belief no one would agree with you on? And you just couldn’t shut up about it right? So they let you go. Sent you away to make sure th- "

Aimi was interrupted as the cart jumped slightly, causing her to lift it higher in an attempt to steady it as quickly as possible. It was hard to believe these two worked together at all. They weren’t even just on different pages - they were in different novels. Aimi just wasn’t sure if it was going to help or hinder her ability to gather information.

" But who knows, yaknow? I could be wrong. You could tell me about the artwork instead. Maybe not as impressive as glowing but I bet your cart against my house those aren’t any ordinary tattoos. " Raising her eyebrows it would be impossible to miss the joy in Aimi’s eyes, the spark of life that was thriving on pissing Maya off. There was no point in hiding it. Either way, it didn’t matter. Not so long as she got what she wanted.
My CharactersShow

Trurouno

Post by Trurouno » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Question after question after question and before you know it she was making assumptions. Maya’s brow furrowed. She placed down the screwdriver, looking Aimi in the eyes with a scowl.

“Youuuu, why are you so interested? What could you possibly have to gain from any of this?” she said angrily, jabbing a finger at Aimi. “And doing it with such a goofy look of satisfaction as well!"

“I told you, I’m not gonna answer your questions and that’s final. T-the tattoos fall under the same category!” she added nervously, as if remembering she was covered in the things for the first time. In fact, Aimi seemed so aggressive and antagonistic, Maya was feeling. . . defensive?

The young girl seemed so ready, so over prepared to dig into her and what she was doing. So desperate to find out something, anything, that it was maddening. Maya wondered for a second why, who could possibly be so obsessive or lonely that they would feel such a greedy desire to probe into her life? To find out all of her little secrets and what they were doing out on a road in the middle of nowhere. It nagged at her, like a chewing in the back of her mind, but Aimi kept on hammering on point after point. . . and Maya couldn’t tell her a single bit of the truth, it was frustrating. How she wished she could prove her wrong. Damn broken wheel.

“Y-you don’t know a thing” she said quietly, trying to get back to work. “How much do you really know about the things outside of the city walls, about monsters and magic. The things we see and do, the things expected of us. About Genma. . .”

There was a thump as the cart shifted to one side, Core hoping out of the back just in time to catch Maya glaring up at him. He landed neatly, catching a bit of dust on his lavishly coloured robe which he quickly swept off. His hair was neat and combed back, his beard precise and well groomed. The sun was still hammering down on the little party, but Core seemed completely unaffected by it. In fact, if anything he seemed revitalised and ready to jump into action at any moment. Maya was still stuck under the cart sweating, she hated him sometimes. . .

“Didn’t I tell you to stop moving so much!” she groaned, her vigour returning.

“Oh, well I thought you could do with something to drink. It’s awfully hot after all” he smiled, completely ignoring the piercing glare.

In one hand Core was holding a tray with three cups. He knelt down, handing one to Maya as she grudgingly took a sip before returning to the cart. The other two he went to Aimi with, holding out the tray with a little smile. The cups were of a good quality, made from delicately cut stone. Seams of minerals ran through them, lighting up the green stone they were made from with a multitude of colours. The one Core handed to his wife had a deep orange seam, but the other two seemed more mixed. They were probably souvenirs, but looking past the muddy water of the green tea one could see rings filling the inside of the cup, so they were well used souvenirs.

“I didn’t know what to get you. I thought green tea would do.” he said, offering the cups. “Take both, I have one for myself in the tent, but I thought the one on the inside would like something as well.”

Core smiled cheerfully, pointing at Aimi’s chest as he spoke. Maya’s ears perked up, her glare turning back to her husband.

“One on the inside?” she questioned, “what are you talking about Core?”

“The one on the inside.” Core repeated, looking at his wife with a confused expression. “The other spirit inside of Aimi. . .”
FIGHT DA POWA!!!
CharactersShow
+
- 48/48 points - I.R.U -

+
- 0/0 points -

+
- 0/0 points -

+

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:12 pm

So she did have secrets. Aimi couldn’t even begin to fathom a guess as to what they were but it was perfectly clear by Maya’s reactions to her questions that there was something there. The stuttering, the attempts at diverting the conversation. Aimi was going to find out what she was hiding. It was cemented. Whatever it was had to be good, to get Maya so riled up. Everyone knew her secrets. Her life was a display for anyone and everyone who cared to look into it at all. And now, she wanted to know someone else’s secrets. No matter what the cost was to find out.

But when Maya mentioned the Genma, she almost got herself crushed, Aimi’s hold on the cart wavering for a moment. She wanted Maya to get out from under the cart, worried that she was going to drop it on her. But it only took a couple of short breaths to steady herself.

Oh, yeah, sure. Never gonna guess. No inkling of what you are. Go home, Aimi.

Not yet.

When Core appeared, Aimi shifted so that she was holding the cart up with one hand. Laughing silently at the two’s interaction with each other. It reminded her of the way she and Hoten interacted, honestly. The way she was always a leading force and Hoten just let himself be amused by her. It was strange...seeing it from this point of view. Quickly getting lost in thought about Hoten it took Core standing directly in front of her for her to tune back into the present. Before he even finished talking, before she could even register what he was saying, she had one of the cups in hand.

But then there was only a crash as the cup she had held in hand fell to the earth below her feet, shattering into dozens of pieces.

Go. Home.

" What did you say? " Aimi’s voice was weak as Maya questioned her husband as well. Swearing internally, surprisingly still holding the cart off the ground. Core’s answer was not what she wanted to hear, not as he pointed at her chest, the seal not visible but Aimi could feel it throbbing. The constant reminder of what she was, what was inside of her. But he shouldn’t have any way of knowing this. This information was not his to have.

Each muscle movement precise, Aimi lowered the cart to the ground, putting both of them in her line of sight. Nolosha was still screaming at her, setting off every warning bell in Aimi’s head but she wasn’t going to listen. No. She was going to find out why he thought he knew about her. This was now top priority.

" What makes you think that there is another spirit inside of me. " Her gaze was level and clear. But the tension in her body was clear. She was not happy with this turn of events.
My CharactersShow

Return to “Rock Country”