Long Live Iwagakure

Nick

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:13 am

From yellow sun, to blue skyline, to white clouds, to gray, snowy landscape, this was truly Rock Country. Home to perhaps the hardiest people on earth, it was perhaps the barren climate with so little farm-able land that made it what it was, and yet still people found a way to call it just that, home. The events that would transpire over the next few days, however, would likely shake Rock Country to its core, and along with it, Iwagakure and its aforementioned hardy people, until even of the toughest of them might break down and lose all semblance of control that they had been fighting for generations to really achieve. But that wouldn't quite happen today, no, today was about... Ken'ichi.

One of the council members would have greeted him the day before, and told him where he was meant to go; North, past even the Hokkyou mountains, and perhaps nearest to lake Hinomoto. It was certainly one of the most dangerous places in all of Rock, for a mix of the local barbarian tribes, territorial fauna, and wild flora that made the areas closest to the lake suddenly unfamiliar terrain to most natives. This test of his would be one of strength, as was customary in Iwa, as Ken was tasked with recovering an idol that belonged to one of the aforementioned barbarian tribes, whose rumored connection to bears was as legendary as it was unlikely. Supposedly tougher than even the greatest of Iwa Shinobi (or so they boasted, often loudly, while drinking in many of Iwa's open festivals), forcing them to give up any sort of property would prove no easy task.

If Ken were anybody else, even getting to where he was would have likely resulted in death, as climbing the Hokkyou mountains was a task very few would attempt, and even fewer would come back alive from. While many barbarians claimed knowledge of secret pathways and tunnels through the mountain, Ken'ichi's brute strength and raw stamina would make the climb one of relative ease. To those that had never been north of the mountains before, the view from the top would be nothing short of breathtaking. To the west, the jungle-like areas surrounding the great volcanic lake would be a first time for many natives to Iwagakure, and to the north existed an even more arid and inhospitable region than the rest of the country, surprisingly. However, to those that had been North of the mountain range before would note that to the east was what appeared to be perfectly normal, lush... grassland.

This was worthy of note, however, because only months before it had been nearly as snowed in and frozen over as the north, and while Rock was known for its rapidly changing climates, this was far and above in the extreme, especially considering the recent blizzards that had swept this part of the country just weeks ago. This, of course, happened to be the destination he was being directed to, somewhere in this oddly changed 5km2 font of fertility and greenery. During the journey, the cold winds would be the only real constant, even as he crossed the threshold in to green area, and freshly grown grass was grazed upon by wild stallions and mares, as the entirety of the area seemed to only get more and more green, including established farmland. Ken would likely pass by several small farming communities, obviously freshly set up, who would stare from a distance, but quickly usher themselves inside their makeshift homes at any sign of approach from the stranger.

Approaching closer and closer still to the center of this oddity, the area would become more like its jungle cousin to the west, with trees sprouting gaily, and more local fauna growing used to the odd change in surroundings, however perhaps the most odd sight of all was at the center. Here lies the village in question, existing in what, at first, likely appears to be a clearing with wooden houses, though upon closer inspection one would note that all of the houses are, in fact, made out of a single piece of wood, and built in to existing trees, seemingly shaped in to cylindrical houses that obviously harbored the variety of people living there. All massive men and women, with the exception of a few, including children, towering at over seven feet tall each, none appeared to be frightened at the approach of Ken'ichi. Some stared, some children took note, before continuing their play, but very few seemed to mind a stranger in their midst, with the exception of one incredibly short elder man, sitting at, if lucky, a solid three feet tall, atop a small stool, smoking a pipe as the Iwagakure bannin visited the village.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Jinan B

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Jinan B » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:21 am

It was a strange day for Ken'ichi, for more than just a few reasons. He had perhaps accepted the fact that the council thought him an able claimant for the rank of Tsuchikage, despite the presence of other more experienced Bannin in the village. He had accepted the task that he had been given easily enough as well, for such tasks he knew were common when the future of the position was concerned. He had accepted the cold winds and harsh weather that had accompanied his journey most easily of all, for it was nothing more than a simple fact of life for the people who lived in Rock Country. What he did not accept, however, was almost everything that came after.

The first suprise came after the man had reached the summit of the Hokkyou Mountains. He had paused at the summit, thinking about what had happened the last time that he had went North of the peaks. He had had to go after his own teammate, the Missing-nin Yotsurama, and hoped fervantly that this time things would go better than they had during that particular mission. Of course, he had been thinking of such thing. Then he saw the sight that awaited him to the East: fertile grassland of all things. There was most certainly something that wasn't right, and it looked like the idol that Ken was searching for was in the very same area.

As the man made his way past the Hokkyou Mountains, the sights that awaited him only served to increase his disbelief. Not only were the lands fertile and farmers amply present, but the cold winds told the man that there was something beyond mere weather at work. Were this to be natural, the crops would surely not have survived such temperatures for so long. The he caught site of the Village that he had been directed to, a place that clearly no ordinary work had gone into. Instead, it had been constructed by truly extraordinary means, the type reserved for those with the use of ninjutsu. The thought led the man to quickly try and Kai out of what quite possibly was a Genjutsu, to no apparent effect. That left two options in the man's mind; either a rogue Senju had come and cultivated the lands outside of Iwagakure's sight, or the idol that he had been sent to find was the root of the strangeness. He presumed that it was the latter easily enough.

Faced with a village almost full of giants who paid him no head, it didn't take the Bannin long to pick out the single figure who did especially considering his height. "Ohayō gozaimasu." The man said formally to his new acquaintance, bowing with a depth that showed that he viewed the elder as his superior. "This truly is a beautiful village." was all that he would say afterwards. The Shinobi was patient, and could afford to spend time trading pleasantries as long as it meant that he would not lose the first person who seemed somewhat inclined to pay him any notice at all.
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

Nick

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:36 pm

The elder man staring at Ken kept his eyes focused on him as he approached, though he still blinked as normal in a slow, casual fashion that showed no fear of taking his eyes off of him, his head never turned direction to shy away from him. A single bushy brow was quirked at the greeting, and as the younger man bowed, he earned only a puff of smoke towards his face in return; an odd gesture that in some cultures meant grave disrespect, and others was as good as inviting someone to share their home with you. The short man gave no indication as to what it really meant, if anything, though the unimpressed look on his face as he finally turned his head away from Ken'ichi, observing his little village with watchful eyes that showed none of the age the rest of his body did.

"It is." He said casually, taking a long drag from his pipe, blowing thick streams of smoke out from his nose that slowly rose to the canopy of the small forest village they found themselves in, filtering through the leaves in the treetops. The man wouldn't seem to respond further for a long period of time, though before too long, after his eyes had closed, looking almost as though he had fallen asleep, he would continue. "It will grow, prosper, generations will come and go, and maybe live happier lives than the rest of us could hope for..." He left his last words hanging in the air as he took several smaller puffs from his pipe, smoke lazily escaping around his lips. "Or maybe not. If the land doesn't try to kill us..." The old mans eyes opened finally to look at Ken, an accusing fire in his gaze. "It's the people."

During the elders little speech, the village seemed to quiet down severely, men, women, and children alike all stopping to stare at the odd pair and their interaction. Several stepped forward in an intimidating fashion, expecting some degree of trouble from the stranger, but the older man waved his pipe in an annoyed fashion at them. "But lets cut to the chase, youngling. You're free to partake in the fruits and vegetables we have on offer, and feel free to hunt on our grounds, if it pleases you... But something tells me that's not why you're here. Few come to ask permission of such things." He tipped his pipe out, ash from some type of tobacco or other plant scattered on to the floor, small coals scorching greenery before putting themselves out. "And there's far less I'd be willing to give permission for."
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Jinan B

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Jinan B » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:16 am

To his credit, Ken hid the frown that was iching to appear after the old man blew smoke in his face. As much as how such a gesture would've only earned you a great deal of pain in the Bannin's own household, he knew that not all cultures were the same as that of Iwagakure. The fact that these villager's were a backwards people did not need confirming, and now he only had more prove behind the assumption. Instead Ken took the gesture as some queer form of welcoming, and took a seat next to his elder.

The man did not speak for a while after his initial statement, but Ken knew better than to be impatient before people such as this. He said nothing, waiting for the smoker to continue the convorsation which he thankfully did eventually. The speech was ordinary enough, something that Ken had grown to expect from regular civilians who were reaching the last years of their lives. The idealistic ones at least, though the man's next words quickly proved to Ken'ichi that he did not fit in that boat at all. Instead now all the Shinobi was noticing were the hostile faces of the rest of the village. If it came to a fight he would be able to defeat them he though, but caution stopped him from wishing for such an outcome. He had no idea what it was that had allowed the land to cultivate like it had; for all he knew the men of the village could be harbouring Rogue Ninja after all. It was a scenario that could not be discounted, especailly considering that he had been sent on this mission in order to prove that he could become a Kage. His hands came together, about to form the hand-seals for a Genjutsu that would hopefully calm at least some of the people down when the village elder waved them off instead. The danger seemed averted, for now at least.

Ken considered the old man's next statement carefully, knowing that if he choose his words wrong then he would have to obtain the idol with the village opposing him. Even then, there was still the possibility that they would stand as his foes instead of his countrymen. "You are right, I'm not here on a casual visit, and even were I not on business I frankly wouldn't have known to come here. Rather, I was sent here as a starting point to find something of great importance to my own village. An idol of some description. Would you or anyone else in this village be able to help guide me towards it?" Of course, Ken knew that the idol was more than likely kept within the village itself, rather than outside of it. Either way this would allow him to guage the reaction of the locals, somthing that would most probably be something overly negative. Hiding the full extent of his knowledge would at least increase the chance of being able to try another method before the locals saw fit to remove him by force.
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue

Nick

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Nick » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:32 am

Several of the men and women who had stopped to listen in the conversation finally left and went about their way after hearing Ken speak for the first time, though a few of the younger children and men stayed all the same. Children in curiosity that so invaded their world at young ages, and men in suspicion of the stranger that had so readily approached and began asking about an idol; of course the men and the elder all knew of which he was talking about, for they wouldn't be relevant enough to mention as much as they were if they didn't. If Ken had any sort of skill in reading people, he would likely not faint reactions on all of their faces, mixed with their usual unruly attitude.

The old mans face turned to what appeared to be some sort of wry smile, and he even chuckled, rocking in his seat a bit. "You'll find no help in finding anything here, unless you need help leaving the forest." His smile remained in the form of a smirk from someone who knew more than they were willing to give out. The elder made a gesture across the landscape, before pointing in a noncommittal direction. "Keep walking in any direction, you'll find your way out, eventually." His hand returned to his side, reaching in to his pocket to pull out a pouch full of some kind of dried brown leaf, pinching some out to put in to his pipe. "If you still get lost, and wind up back here, ask for Nobu; That's me in case you're not the bright type."

The elder struck a match against the side of his own stool, using it to light the pipe up once more, and taking a long drag from it, before puffing the smoke up in to the air in several small bursts, making rings. Nobu's eyes followed them for a moment, before returning to the Iwagakure bannin, seemingly careless of the situation at hand now. "It's not a large forest, but I still wouldn't recommend getting lost."
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Jinan B

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Jinan B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:34 am

The Shinobi himself was less than surprised that he had been given such a blunt refusal, what with how he suspected that the village would defend the source of their good fortune with all they had at their disposal; a more aggressive man might have thrown caution to the wind, and forced the answers that they needed out of the villager's. Such a course of action would've lacked honour in Ken'ichi's mind, but it would work nonetheless.

However, Ken himself had no desire to kill civilians of his own Country unnecessarily. They were an obstacle yes, but they were still subservient to the Rock Country's Daimyo just as Iwagakure itself was. With the means at the man's disposal, he decided that there was one more tactic worth attempting before resorting to all out aggression. It too lacked honour, but even the Samurai himself understood the importance of completing the mission. Not to mention the fact that the teachings of almost every other member of his pantheon would support his course of action.

Even still, he knew that what he was about to do would leave a bad taste in his mouth.

He forced a genuine looking smile onto his face as Nobu took out the means of his smoking habits. "Thank you for the information, Nobu-san." He bowed once more to the old man, before beginning to make his way out of the village. At least, that's what things would look like to the villagers who were present; in reality Ken was only planning to return in a matter of moments. He quickly found a space between the alien houses where what he was doing would not be visible from the positions of the men and women present. A moment later, before any of them would even have had a chance to wonder why it was that he was standing in such a position, Ken turned around and made his way back to Nobu's stool, muttering to himself as he did so. What the old man would not realize at Ken's return was that Ken had in fact performed a series of hand seals whilst out of his sight, and made his way back at a pace quick enough to still have the Genjutsu in the process of being activated.

"Nobu. My apologies, but before I go I have one more request. I have a brother back home who I'm sure would love to come to such a magnificent village. Would you be able to help him like you helped me? Believe me, you'll be glad he came when he does; he's just like me and after all, what have I ever done to you?" He spoke casually and unassumingly, and the only off-putting thing that Nobu would be able to sense about his word were just how unexpected they must have been. Before long, however, it was done and the Genjutsu was cast. Ken hoped that it worked; otherwise he knew that he would most probably need to resort to open force.

"Also, Nobu-san. Are you sure that you cannot help me find what I am looking for?"
Jutsu UsedShow
[Genjutsu • What Have I ever Done To You?]
C-Ranked Status Genjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, Ken will say something that ends in the phrase "What have I ever done to you?", this phrase is the trigger for the Genjutsu. For the next 5 posts, or until Ken performs what could be seen as a blatantly hostile action, the target will feel as if Ken is a very likable person, and may wonder why it is that they ever disliked Ken to begin with. They will find it more difficult for them to argue with or fight such a paragon, and may hesitate or even stop entirely as a result of their indecision. This Genjutsu can also prove effective in a variety of circumstances, from combat to situation where Ken may be trying to convince another to aid him.
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue

Nick

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Nick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:08 am

The elder kept his smile and nodded to the bowing man, watching him run off for a few seconds, before he was approached by several of the large men who had gathered to listen in to them talking. They held a short, whispered conversation, to which the elder seemed none too concerned while at least one of the men appeared to be having some kind of panic attack. When Ken returned from around the building, however, the group looked up, one walked off while attempting to appear nonchalant and failing horribly, whilst the four others stood strong next to their elder. They had all thought the stranger had left, and his return obviously bothered all but Nobu himself.

The elder did, however, quirk a brow for a moment at the mans request, though he shrugged and puffed his pipe once more. "Your brother will be given the same permissions as we've given you; The land is plentiful, and it would go to spoils if we did not offer to share." Another puff of smoke up in to the air while the genjutsu took effect, and the men around the elder visibly relaxed, though Nobu didn't seem to notice. He did sigh, however, pressing a thumb down on top of the tobacco, packing it in further, not bothered by the smoldering coals still lightly aflame. "I am afraid, young man, that the answer remains the same. You will find no help in finding what you're looking for, as I've said. It is not my place to do more than I already have, nor any single living thing."

Nobu seemed to scowl, though not at Ken, just some sort of general scowl as though there were a bad taste in his mouth, in response to which, he spat on the ground next to where he sat, and upturned his pipe once more, though it appeared plenty of the greenery inside remained to be smoked. "Run along now, I'm sure you've got your own business to attend to, your... hunting, as it were."
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Jinan B

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Jinan B » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:49 am

"Hmmph." All in a single moment, the almost sincere grin that was on Ken'ichi's face disappeared. Even his genjutsu wasn't enough to sway Nobu in his convictions; perhaps it shouldn't have been a surprise, but it left the Bannin with only one real option left to him. In a final desperate bid to avoid the conflict that seemed now inevitable, he turned to the 4 men around the village elder. "And none of you can help me I take it? Very well..."

With a speed that few would be able to even comprehend, Ken brought out the smallest of his three blessed blades and made a lunge for Nobu. Grasping him strongly the Shinobi picked the old man up as easily as he would a child and held him against his chest, the tip of his blade poised to strike his throat. By the time that the other men were likely to be able to understand the situation, Nobu would be trapped with Ken's arm pinning his chest down. Any attempt made by the man to escape would be futile unless he possessed strength beyond imagining. He would not even be able to perform hand seals, for Ken's grip was used to stopping shinobi from performing such actions.

With Nobu secure, Ken turned his attention to the men who seemed to also hold importance within the village. It seemed to him as if they would be the ones most likely to break and give away the position of the idol. "Nobu may be old, but he still has years of life ahead of him. I know that one of you have information about what I seek; tell me or he won't be the first one to die today." Ken's tone of voice had changed just as quickly as his movements had; now it was cold and cruel. The fact that the man hated what he was being forced to do only transformed it more so, but at least this way he may yet be able to make it through without having to resort to bloodshed.

At least, he wouldn't have to fight if the other men went along with his demands.
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue

Nick

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Nick » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:05 am

Ken would, undoubtedly, with his high speeds and wellsprung reaction times, notice that Nobu's eyebrows raised as he began moving, and almost seamlessly his eyes followed the movements of Ken'ichi, and yet as the larger man grabbed the elder, he only smiled wryly. Upon gripping the man and holding him so closely to his chest, Ken would also likely notice that the body temperature of the man was obscenely high, not enough to scorch, though certainly enough to be uncomfortable to your average being, a sunburn in the grand scheme of things. The large men around Nobu all reacted fairly quickly, though it was obvious they were a league below Ken in overall acuity. All the same, they all took up fighting stances, and as Ken spoke while threatening their elder, they all took sideways glances at each other.

It was obvious the quartet of men didn't know how to react to such a situation, and just as one of the men opened his mouth in attempts to speak, Nobu began to laugh. Once more, the men took sideways glances at eachother, and the elders laughing and wriggling caused the blade to prick his throat lightly, a tiny dribble of blood flowing down on to the blade, and slowly down his neck. His laughter died down after a time, and one of the four men gulped nervously, slowly sliding out of his combat stance, the rest did the same shortly after. "Oh-ho, you'll have to forgive me," He said in the fashion of men that knew full well they wouldn't be forgiven, or at least didn't care if they were.

One moment, Nobu was in Ken'ichi's grasp, blade to his throat, and the next, Ken was grasping at thin air. There was no indication of struggle, no feeling of force, he was simply there, and simply not. Even the four men who had been privy to the situation seemed rather surprised, taking a step back. A soft 'thud' sound came from behind Ken'ichi, and there the elder was standing. "Head home, look after your children." he said to the quartet, sighing a bit. "You may be able to take him between the four of you, but no reason for you all to die by the hands of a young fool, is there?" The men look conflicted, but slowly did as he requested, backing up in order to not take their eyes off of Ken, before running in to several houses.

"Ken'ichi, was it? Never mind that you never introduced yourself." The jovial look on the old mans face from the laughter still remained, and he plopped himself down on the ground, sitting with arms and legs folded. "Old men know many things as their years wear on, you see. Now, I'll tell you one last time, you will not find what you're looking for, no matter who you attempt to... bully to help you."
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Jinan B

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Jinan B » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 am

On the surface it almost looked as if Ken'ici should have been revelling in the almost certain success of his mission. Nobu was securely in the Bannin's grasp, and even though the other men who he was facing were attempting to put up some form of aggressive front it was clear that they wouldn't be able to risk the life of the old man. Yet the Shinobi of Iwagakure only frowned as he beheld the situation; something was dreadfully wrong, and that something was Nobu. Even discounting the strange levels of heat that were given off by the man, or the fact that even in a life threatening situation he still managed to laugh as if there was nothing wrong in the slightest, it was the fact that the old man seemed able to so easily track Ken'ichi's movements that concerned the man. He would have been able to react to the attack if he so chose, but for some reason he thought so little of the shinobi as to allow it. It was clear, then, that Nobu was far more than he seemed to be, and that meant that Ken needed the other men to tell him what he needed before Nobu decided to show off just how strong he really was. "Hurry up!" He shouted at the ones facing him, just too late.

Kenitsuna Ken'ichi was no stranger to battle; he had faced specialists in Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, and Taijutsu alongside the countless bandits and lesser samurai that he had found among them. Yet even when he went up against the fastest shinobi, or those proficient in both genjutsu or ninjutsu, he had never failed to keep track of his opponent quite so badly as he had in the moment that Nobu dissapeared. What!? It was impossible that the man had managed to get out of Ken's grasp without him noticing; even if he was using Space-Time he'd still have needed hand seals. "So, you truly are more than meets the eye, Nobu-san." Ken turned around slowly to face his opponent, a smile slowly forming on his face. Either the Bannin would have to back off, or he'd need to fight... He knew which of the two options he would choose instantly. No more tactics that discarded the man's honour anymore. He had tried and failed, but now he would be able to do exactly what it was that he had become a shinobi to do. Fight, in the name of his village and his gods.

Quick as a flash, a shurikan found itself flung towards Nobu more quickly than anyone besides the two of them would even have been able to see. Of course, the old man would use whatever technique he had to dodge the blow, so the moment after the shurikan left his fingers they moved towards the Samurai's gift; unsheathing it at the same time as he began to spin around him. No matter where Nobu choose to reappear, he would surely not have time to react to Ken's second attack.

And if he did? Well, the Samurai's right hand was just getting warmed up.
JutsuShow
*[Iaido • Backlash Draw]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 30 speed, 30 strength, *[Iaido • Reverse Beheading Draw[/i]
Taking the concept of the Reverse Beheading Draw a step further, the user builds a large amount of torque within their arm and hip before yanking the sword from their sheath with such force that it creates a destructive wave of force that follows behind the path of the blade. The user slashes in a 360 degree rotation with incredible, blurring speed, sheathing the blade as soon as the rotation is complete. After the sword has been sheathed, the wave of force follows the same path that the initial slash took, delivering a second slash with equal power to the first. This make the technique perfect for dealing with opponents on all sides.
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue

Iwa Event Coordinator

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Iwa Event Coordinator » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Another attack from Ken lead to another reaction from Nobu. Granted, it was nowhere near as swift as the Bannin's own movements, nor seemingly as planned out. The shuriken were lazily dodged as the old man warned, ""That was the last..." before being cut off by the area-wide slashing. Only being able to move so far, it appeared as if part of the older man's stout body was cut, as an arm started to fall away and blood started to flow down to the ground.

If only.

In the amount of time it took for Ken'ichi to blink, the old man had already moved and seemingly recovered, in one complete piece behind the ninja. In a case of unstoppable force meeting an immovable object, the old man launched a double fist punch towards Ken's back, aiming a bit upwards, due to his own stature. If it connected, it would cause damage to even one as sturdy as this Iwagakure ninja.

"It is fairly rude to interrupt someone. It isn't my place to teach you this, but for an intrusion you should at least follow some manners." Placing his pipe on the ground carefully as he backed up, great care was made to keep it out of harm's reach, making sure that a careless oaf did not do any harm to the lovely piece of joy.

Jinan B

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Jinan B » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 am

The feeling of the old man's weight at the end of his blade only served to widen the grin that already marked his face. Whatever powers Nobu had at his disposal, it was clear that his lack of true training was going to make this a one sided affair in the Bannin's favour. At least, such was the thought on his mind until his he turned to see his opponent already recovered from the blow that had been struck... The grin disappeared far more quickly than it had appeared, before turning into a grimace as he instinctually reacted to the attack at hand. His free hand moved just quickly enough to divert the course of Nobu's first blow, but the second fist connected squarely against the Bannin's most sensitive area. Despite almost immediately blocking the pain from his mind, Ken couldn't help but utter a growl as his blade swept towards Nobu's head in retaliation. Not that it mattered it seemed, if the man could simply shrug off a blow with no issue how could he be overcome? It wasn't a question that the Bannin could see an answer to, yet that was exactly what he needed if he wished to emerge from this battle as the victor.

For now, however, he needed to see exactly what was happening in as much detail as he could. As the old man moved to place his pipe down away from the fight, Ken'ichi began to focus his thoughts until the only thing remaining was the opponent before him. Soon enough, the man's movements began to seem slower to his eyes as his technique kicked into action. With such an advantage, surely the Bannin would be able see a way to counteract the advantage that Nobu so clearly had. In the current situation he knew that if he couldn't see a way to counter the old man then no such way existed for him; then he would have to find another way to emerge from the village with the idol even if it leaving Nobu unbeaten. It would be a grim situation, and a mark on the Bannin's skill as a shinobi, but the completion of the objective mattered more than any of that.

"I'm afraid that I never learned too much about courtesy in such a situation." The man would growl at Nobu, with the previous hint of admiration in his voice all but gone. His hand would once again move for a weapon in one of his pouches, this time 3 senbon on his left leg, before it moved in a blink of an eye and launched the tools at his opponent's pipe. Any sense of calm had been lost of the face of the growing rage that the Bannin had begun to feel. How dare Nobu and his village defy the will of the village that protected them? How dare they oppose the will of the divines themselves!? Twisting the handle of his blade, the Bannin extended it to its full meter long length before immediately beginning to spin the blade around his body. If he was given the chance Ken would increase the momentum of the weapon until it was so fast that he could complete his next attack. 6 blades of wind would fly at the old man at a speed surely incomprehensible to all but the 2 men doing battle. If there was collateral damage, so be it. The village had dared to bite the hand that fed it, and if destruction was the destined fate that led to Ken'ichi overcoming the swine that dared to keep lecturing him, he would lose no sleep.
Jutsu UsedShow
Niten • Arm Guarding
B Rank Kenjutsu Discipline
As Ken is unable to use his hands in hand to hand combat, he has learned to use his arms and elbows to block attacks made by those without blades. He has become able to recognize whether it would be more beneficial to use his blades or his arms, and will be able to defend himself without a use of his hands as he would have otherwise been able to do.

*Shinden • Feel No Pain
A Rank Kenjutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: 35 Stamina, 35 Strength
A mindset that many of the more berserk shinden users train themselves to maintain, A user with this technique has trained themselves to ignore even the most painful of wounds. This isn't to say that the damage of the wound is ignored; a grievous wound will still cause damage to the shinden user's body and could inhibit their abilities or kill them outright. This discipline simply allows a shinden user to treat pain as if it doesn't exist through sheer force of body and will, allowing them to charge straight through attacks and jutsu to deliver their onslaught of attacks.

Niten • Ultimate Focus
S Rank Kenjutsu Stance
Requires: 40 Taijutsu; 45 Instinct
After focusing his thoughts for half a post, Ken is able to enter into a trance of sorts. This trance allows him to focus so entirely on a single opponent that all actions made by the opponent seem to be at 2/5ths of their usual speed. This trance effectively allows Ken to react at an entirely inhuman speed, seemingly countering blows before they have even begun. This trance can be maintained indefinitely.

Kushou・Low Wind Striking
A-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Prerequisite: Kushou・Low Wind Rising; 35 Speed
While within the Low Wind Rising Stance, the user will increase the speed with which they spin their spear or polearm in front of them to near superhuman levels. Once the user is ready, they will increase the speed of the spear or polearm even more, and the sheer force of its movement will create blade of wind equal to the length of the polearm that fly forwards at a speed and strength equal to 3/4 of the user's strength. The maximum amount of blades that can be created by any single use of the jutsu is defined by the user's stamina/5. Blocking a projectile while performing the manoeuvre will throw off the user, however, making him unable to complete it; and they will also be unable to move while in the process of creating the wind blades.
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue

Valkier

Long Live Iwagakure

Post by Valkier » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Ken’ichi’s instinctive counter-attack to the punch was, as expected, as ineffectual as his earlier strike. While the bannin could see the blade slice cleanly through Nobu’s neck, the old man’s head simply remained where it was, as if the blade had harmlessly phased right through.
The next retaliation, however, would leave the old man visibly bitter. Having placed his pipe carefully out of the way, he was then unable to react fast enough as Ken’s senbon shot through the air and destroyed his only cherished possession, splintering it into a dozen pieces. A visible blue light glowed around Nobu for a split-second as he tried to react to the attack and save his pipe, but he abandoned the quick channel as soon as he realised that he wouldn’t be able to do so in time.

“You rude bastard,” he spat as he turned back to Ken, “I was still going to let you turn tail and leave empty-handed, but it seems like you’re here to destroy everything I value. I won’t allow that.”

Glaring daggers at Ken with eyes that still seemed far younger and more alive than his body, the old man began walking towards Ken with purpose. After the first step, he appeared to have lost 40 years of his apparent age. There was no transition or discernible moment of change; one moment he was simply old, and the next, not. After the second step, he stood as tall and as well-built as Ken himself. After the third, he was larger and bulkier still, with taut muscles rippling across his arms and now-shirtless torso. Long, wild brown hair framed a harsh and angular face that still glared harshly at the bannin. Only the eyes - those too-young, too-wise eyes - gave away that it was still the same being at the core.

Then came Ken’s next attack, and as if emboldened by his new appearance, Nobu’s step didn’t falter. The first four blades of wind passed through the man as harmlessly as every other, phasing through head, torso, an arm and his legs without any visual effect. The fifth, however, caught him in the midriff to a very different result. As the wind struck, Nobu was hit with its full force and was sent flying backwards off of his feet; although he’d been able to read the path of the attack once it was coming, the speed of Ken’s strikes and the short distance between them had rendered him unable to shift his body in time to avoid the blow. His body slammed into the ground and remained motionless for a long moment, until eventually he picked himself back up, visibly shaken from the impact - though no physical damage seemed visible as he regained his footing.

He growled quietly. Coupled with the long shaggy hair and bulky appearance, he made a passing resemblance to a great, hulking bear of a man. Then he raised a hand, clicked his fingers, and the world went black.
As if he’d plucked the sun from the sky, the entire village - the entire 5km2 area of lush grassland, in fact - became swathed in the deepest night. Only a faint ambient light remained, casting long and writhing shadows as black as pitch on the ground. Everything around the fighting pair seemed to ooze with excessive shadow - trees and buildings alike were awash with them - except for Nobu himself. As soon as Ken noticed these shadows, they would form into slick, oily tendrils and shoot at him from every side, writhing and wrapping to bind him in place with surprising strength.

In the next moment, Nobu himself seemed to shimmer and split into a half dozen copies of himself. Six versions of him, all now armed with an assortment of pitch-black weapons, moved to encircle Ken’ichi. Being the weapon master that he was, Ken would immediately recognise the instruments despite their difficult-to-discern black shapes against the night’s darkness. They were a large, two-handed scythe with a haft as tall as man; a long thin spear with a lethal, twisted metal point; a great twin-headed axe, again with a long haft; a two-handed sword as large as his own Gift of the Smith; twin black kusarigama that gleamed in the ambient light; and a large, menacing and many-spiked flail as large as a man’s head. Each was held by one of the six Nobu’s slowly spacing themselves around him…
DetailsShow
The shadow tendrils come at Ken with a speed of 40, and attempt to wrap around and bind him in place with a strength of 40. They will then begin trying to crush him with the same strength.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Return to “Rock Country”