[Plotboard] Search and Retrieval

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue May 16, 2017 10:56 am

Word had recently been put out on the mission board about a missing store of wheat from one of the warehouses located within one of the many farming communities dotting the steppes of Rock Country. The wheat stores had disappeared over night and there are obvious signs of breaking and entering. The wheat is important not only to the farming community but to those within Iwagakure no Sato as well. Tatsuo, being the ever-vigilant teen, had decided upon seeing the notice to help with the mission. One other was apparently looking into the mission as well and Tatsuo lightly tapped their shoulder to get their attention. Judging from the colors of this person’s hair color, they were more than likely an Enkouten clan member. Hopefully this would bode well in their efforts of finding and returning the wheat.

“Hello, are you also looking into this? Sounds like a simple enough job.” Tatsuo asked, trying his best to sound somewhat professional to the stranger in front of him.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Tue May 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Makoto was honestly very excited, unable to help but bounce up and down on the balls of her feet as she looked at the mission board for the first time since graduation, ready to take on her very first mission since becoming a Genin. She had wondered if she was really capable of taking on any actual missions right now but, as her mother had always told her, it was now or never, and this seemed the perfect mission for a beginner ready to really get their feet wet. With that said though, she had a feeling that she would definitely need some help and luckily for her, it seemed that there was another who seemed to be interested in the job as well.

"Yes, but even so it doesn't really seem like a job for one person to take on alone. It's likely that we may have to face the culprit" she responded, partially thinking out loud as she turned around to face the source of the tapping on her shoulder and the subsequent voice. Well, this was certainly someone that she had never met before, though she wasn't about to let that deter her. They were around the same age it seemed, so in her mind that was more than reason enough to give him the light of day.

"If we're both interested than we should team up, at least for now. The name's Makoto, Enkouten Makoto. It's nice to meetcha." she spoke, likely seeming a bit strange to this fellow by her total friendly attitude, but that was just who she was.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue May 16, 2017 3:05 pm

'Ah okay, not a stick in the mud at all...' Tatsuo thought to himself as the girl turned to face him. He digested the information she had spewed at him about facing a culprit and he tucked it away in the back of his mind for later. Tatsuo gave the girl a subtle nod as she told him her name and confirmed for him that she was, yes indeed, an Enkouten and that his guess had been right.

"My name is Akari, Tatsuo. I agree, teaming up would be very beneficial for us. Do you know anything about the area this occurred in or are we going into this sort of blind?"

Tatsuo nodded towards the exit of the room as an indicator for them to move this elsewhere and move this along. His exit path would take them towards the exit of building and towards the farming pastures where the wheat theft had occurred.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm

"An Akari huh? I met one of your clan not too long ago when running an errand for my papa." Makoto said in response to Tatsuo's introduction. Kayo had seemed almost ashamed to introduce herself as an Akari, though she still wasn't entirely sure as to why, though she hadn't really pressed either. Still though, the difference in attitude that the two seemed to have towards the clan was almost fascinating to say the least. She still didn't know very much about the clan or how their ability worked, perhaps this mission would give her a bit of insight, if the need arose of course, which to some degree she was hoping wouldn't really be the case.

"Nothing really other than what was posted up there. All I know is that the wheat houses are in really big trouble if we don't put a stop to this soon." she responded to the other part of his statement as they began walking along. Perhaps she should have gathered information but she was simply so excited about her first mission, she really couldn't help it.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 pm

"Ah, really?" Tatsuo was a bit surprised at that. "I'm glad, I haven't seen many of my clan running around the village partaking in much recently. I've seen some older members but I do not get along well with them."

"That's fine, I hope those who live in the community have some information for us then besides just knowing that their wheat has gone missing!"
[/color] Tatsuo chuckled lightly at the end comment, thinking it comical if the farmer had honestly no clue who or what took their most precious food source. "Yeah, we should try and discover the issue quick and take care of it or else not just this farming community will be in trouble but whole sections of the Iwa population."

The farming community in question was one of the few inside the village borders rather than located on the many steppes of the country. The majority of ninja operations were towards making sure the migration process went smooth for the ninja months so it only made sense for thieves to strike while everyone else was busy. The community itself was rather small, comprising of 15 houses, a pasture for livestock, the four wheat storehouses, and the crop lands. The majority of the crop was already harvested but there was still a decent portion left to be harvested.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Wed May 17, 2017 2:55 pm

"I hope we can do it, for everyone's sakes. This is my first mission so I'm honestly a little bit nervous." She was still just as excited as ever but the fact that failure would have a large impact on not just these people, but the village as well, made her more than a little nervous. She was confident though that they could pull through, she needed to be confident or else who knew what would end up happening. Yep, it was best to try to think positive, even as very nervous as she was.

Soon enough they arrived at the community in question, Makoto making sure to look around at her surroundings as they passed on through. It definitely wasn't a large community, and it seemed to be one of the few places in Rock Country where crops could actually be reliably grown which made their mission all that much more important. "This is a nice little town. It's not very big but considering it's a farming community, perhaps that's for the best." she murmured as they walked on through, some part of her impressed that they could get by on so little.

"So, how do we start? Should we check out the scene of the crime or do we talk to the locals first?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Wed May 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Tatsuo, again, was a bit surprised by the information she had given him. Her first mission? Well, then he was glad to be her partner for this. "I've been on a few missions before, nothing too serious. Just work like this, C-rank and D-ranks that are really just running errands." Tatsuo responded to the girl, laughing a little bit as he admitted his own track record. "Don't let it worry you too much, this is just the first of many in your long and successful shinobi career, yeah?" Tatsuo continued on, hoping to raise the girls confidence just a little and clear out those first-of-anything nerves.

"We should definitely talk to the locals first and try and see what's going on. Once we have a clearer picture we can go to the scene and look around. For now, let's find the head of the community and see what they know." Tatsuo conferred to his companion as he pointed towards the largest building in the community. "Let's head there, see if we can find them there or if someone can point us towards them."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sat May 20, 2017 5:24 pm

"Right, that's probably our best course of action. It won't really do much good to head to the scene of the crime without knowing what it is that's actually going on or what to even look for. " Makoto responded with a light nod, a bit more confident now thanks to Tatsuo's reassurances. Now hopefully the villagers had some idea on what was going on around here and were willing to cooperate with their efforts. She had heard that the people in these small towns could be very stubborn and normally not too friendly with those from outside the community.

Hoping for the best she followed her teammate into the building that he pointed towards, keeping a lookout for anyone or anything suspicious even on their way there. She had heard from her ma that it was always best to keep an eye on one's surroundings even when it seemed quiet and peaceful, there was no knowing what could be going on just outside of your gaze.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun May 21, 2017 9:56 am

Tatsuo led the way into the largest building, scanning his surroundings as he did so. The people looked as they should after the theft of their food source for the winter, quite downtrodden and depressed. Most hunched over and kept their hands in their pockets or shied away from people in general. The general tone and atmosphere of the community was dreadful.

Entering the building, the tone and atmosphere did not change at all. Dreadful, dreary, and depressed people filled the building which looked like it ran the administration for the community. A couple wrap around desks manned by secretaries and couches for those waiting littered the room. Tatsuo quickly looked around for anyone who may look to run the place but found no such luck. He clicked his tongue in frustration before moving towards the first secretary's desk and putting on his brightest smile.

"Hello, I'm one of the shinobi dispatched to help solve your problems. I was just wondering if the community leader was around? I have some questions for him if you don't mind." Tatsuo informed the young lady behind the desk who looked at him with a rather deadpanned expression.

"Go sit down. He'll be out in a minute." She told him before shooing him away and calling a number one of the phones.

Tatsuo looked back at his partner and nodded his head towards one of the couches before taking a seat and waiting.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Tue May 30, 2017 7:39 am

As they walked through the town, Makoto couldn't help but frown at the sight of the people being so downtrodden and depressed. It was enough to make even the very aura that the town itself gave off feel sad and dreary. "It's so horrible. I really hope that we can solve this problem so that these people can start feeling better." she spoke aloud, though to no one in particular. Making these people happy again was one more reason to make sure that they absolutely succeeded on this mission, no matter what.

She wasn't sure what she had expected, but it got so much worse as they entered the building, even the workers seeming to be depressed and unwilling to do their jobs. She could only hope that once they found the boss, who didn't seem to currently be there based on her partner's apparent annoyance, that he or she would be in a better mood and more willing to cooperate, though somehow she had trouble imagining that that would be the case, it was just hopeful thinking.

"No luck huh? I thought it would be bad, but not this bad." she addressed Tatsuo once he had finished talking to the secretary and they had taken their seats. She really did hope that the boss would arrive soon and that whoever they were would be able to help them.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Rock Country”