[Plotboard] Devour and Conquer

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 pm

The sun was beginning its descent below the horizon. It had been a long day, starting in the early hours just after dawn and stretching into the dusky evening. When the adrenaline rush from his kill began to subside, the aches and pains of Kotaru's minor injuries began to bother him. He groaned as he stretched his shoulders and returned the bloodied kunai back into his pouch and then he searched for the oversized shirt he had discarded. The temperature was rapidly falling and the genin didn't want to be caught without an extra protective layer of clothing.

"Well that was fun," the genin chimed when he finally located the borrowed shirt and pulled it over his head. Blood got into the fabric, but he figured his cousin wouldn't mind. The boy had long ago learned the best methods to get bloodstains out of clothes.

The rundown shack, along with much of its contents, had been completely destroyed in the cave in. Kotaru looked around at the destruction and wondered what exactly they had uncovered. They would have to make sure to report the incident to their superiors in case the area needed to be investigated further. But for now, the boys' primary concern was getting the body back to Iwagakure.

"So...what now?" Kotaru quickly realized he had no idea how to proceed. He had only seen an Akari's shiin be taken once when he was ten years old and his brother had been killed. His mother had kept him from watching, dragging him out of the arena, and he hadn't had the opportunity to witness how it was done since then. Kotaru, being a bit greedy, wanted both shiin to himself. But Tatsuo was older and outranked him, and he figured that meant Tatsuo had first dibs. "How do we do this? You said you didn't want the eroshiin, right...?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Tatsuo just smiled when he saw the tip of the kunai protruding from the rogue's throat and saw other blood spots blossom across his clothing. It seemed Kotaru had done his job when it had mattered the most.

The silver armor seemed to melt away from his body before depositing itself on the ground as a lump of useless metal. Tatsuo stretched himself for a moment before touching his stomach gingerly and wincing. He lifted his shirt up to find a dark bruise forming at the location of where he had been hit with the man's last ditch eroshiin attack.

"That armor sure is handy. Poor guy didn't have any idea of how to bust through it." Tatsuo grinned himself as he dropped his shirt and went over to the fallen rogue. "Y'know Kotaru, you talk some shit when you're fighting. You're soooo lucky I was there or else you'd have been his dinner." He joked as he crouched down next to the dead body.

"So this is gonna be really simple," Tatsuo started as he began to perform several hand seals and closed his eyes. A wave of chakra echoed from his body and gave him the necessary information. "His temershiin is connected to his left kidney and his eroshiin is connected to his right lung. You're lucky, the last Akari with me who got a shiin had the temershiin located on the genitals."

Tatsuo withdrew a kunai from his pouch and dismissed his lacrishiin and melashiin. He tore the shirt off the dead rogue before cutting an X into the location of the man's kidney.

"Time to dig out a kidney. We'll work on the lung later. The shiin'll be connected to it as a smaller organ." Tatsuo flipped the kunai over in his hand before offering it to Kotaru. "Be gentle and slow with it, it doesn't need to be pretty but the shiin organ needs to be intact if you wanna develop either."
SpoilerShow
*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Ninjutsu/Control/Instinct stats of 10
This sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 25 meters. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of 10 feet. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:26 pm

"Yeah well, if you weren't here I wouldn't have fought him to begin with." Kotaru knew deep down that there was no way he would have stuck around if he had to fight the guy on his own. His strength was evident as soon as they began exchanging blows with their shiin. But that was neither here nor there.

'Great, an anatomy lesson.' He was grateful he didn't have to go near the guy's testicles. If that were the case, he wasn't sure if he would still want the temershiin. Tatsuo graciously marked the location on the rogue's back that needed cutting. With a small sigh, Kotaru steeled himself and gripped his kunai tighter in his hand.

This was it. The moment of truth. He wasn't nervous about mutilating a man and eating his organ raw. Of course not. He had prepared his whole life for this moment. Kotaru stared. And stared. But he found that he couldn't move. The thought that the dead body could have easily been him snaked into his mind, and he momentarily imagined his own face pressed into the dirt, his green eyes forever closed. Would he eventually meet the same fate, murdered and devoured by someone from his own clan?

He lowered his kunai with a small growl. The genin was frustrated by his own hesitation. He talked big in battle, but when he was actually faced with the corpse he felt like a little kid. To calm and reassure himself, he did something he rarely did: he talked. A lot.

"So Tatsuo. Tats. You've obviously done this before," the boy started. "Did you have help or did you figure this shit out on your own? How to...figure out exactly where each shiin is attached and the best way to carve it out. I've never had anyone to help me with shiin stuff. " As the words poured out, he inched his kunai closer to the X and pressed it into the skin. He made a long incision and hoped it wasn't too shallow or too deep. "I assume you've done this at least once. Melashiin, Lacrishiin. Which one did you eat?"

He didn't really give Tatsuo any time to respond, and he wasn't really listening. The boy was mostly talking to himself as he split open the dead man's torso and carefully, very carefully, tried to locate the kidney. He had a very rudimentary understanding of anatomy, but he figured he'd know a kidney once he found it.

"Fuckin' purple shiin. 'All of my shiin match my eyes,' he said. Bet your insides are purple, too. Little shit. How many shiin does he have anyway? You know, you're lucky I'm not an idiot or else I'd try to eat you, too. Then again, I'd have to cut open your whole damn body to find everything cause I have no idea what I'm doing."

He went silent for a moment, concentrating, and then he found it. The small, brown organ nestled against...some other, bigger organ. And attached to it was a round, fleshy, orange glob. It didn't exactly look appetizing. "Is that. What I gotta eat?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:53 pm

Tatsuo stared and watched over Kotaru like an owl, his eyes focusing on the boy and his lips curling into a small smile as he saw the hesitation in his actions come forth. Yeah, this was normal for first-timers. They weren't ready for the blood and gore of organs, which to be fair wasn't even the gross part, which hampered their ability to even pull the stupid shiin from the host.

Tatsuo sat and listened as Kotaru began rambling and figured it was likely his defense mechanism against stressful situations. It would explain why he mouthed off so much in fights as well. All of the nervous energy having no place to go since no actual action was being performed except talking so it came forth as constant sentences.

"Uh...two melashiin, two temershiin, and a lacrishiin. I have a bit of experience, yeah. I had to figure out the locations of the shiin on my own and dig them out as well but practice makes perfec-" Tatsuo stopped mid conversation as he listened in on what Kotaru was rambling about before busting out into belly-aching laughter.

This kid was a damn riot.

"If we wanna be technical, I have 6 shiin residing within me." Tatsuo grinned, prodding his companion along as he finally cut his way down to the kidney and found the orange sac of compressed temershiin. "Yeah, scrape it off the kidney gently and then eat it. Watch out for the blood though or else it's gonna sink into your clothes and you'll be lugging around someone else's blood on you."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 pm

He just barely heard his cousin's response. Something about six shiin. "Six you said? Two melashiin, two... that looks gross." Amazingly, Kotaru couldn't focus on the potential feast that Tatsuo possessed. After all, he was pre-occupied with how disgusting the temershiin sac looked surrounded by the other bleeding organs he'd accidentally punctured.

Obediently, he gingerly prodded the organ before taking hold of it, and then he began cutting and chattering away. "You know what. Wow. Our family is disgusting. This is really fucked up. We're really fucked up. Who was the asshole who first discovered that we gotta eat each other to gain shiin? Dig him up. I just wanna talk." For one heart-stopping moment, the genin thought he accidentally punctured the shiin sac. But thankfully it was something else that oozed black fluid - he really should probably read up on human anatomy - so he kept slicing away at the thin fibers that kept the sac attached to the kidney. "This isn't nearly as badass as I thought it was gonna be. This is fuckin'...you ate how many of these things?"

Finally, the sac was free and he was able to pull it out. It was roughly the size of a smooshed grapefruit, maybe even bigger, and there was plenty of blood staining its surface. Hopefully it didn't taste as disgusting as it looked. "Welp. This is it. The sac of flesh that determines an Akari's whole life. And I'm gonna eat it."

The boy glanced up at his cousin, too nervous to be irritated that the older Akari had been laughing at him. But if this was funny to him, Kotaru thought, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. He slowly brought it up to his face...

Then lowered it again. The smell was...strange. It was a mix of iron and raw meat. It was very unnerving how similarly it smelled to uncooked pork. Not wanting to get more blood on his face, he wiped the sac with his shirt. But then it was covered in blood and lint. "Wow. I think I hate this." With a dramatic groan, he brought it up to his lips and took a bite. It was chewy and tough, warm and wet from blood. His features scrunched in disgust as he swallowed, and he had to stick out his tongue to scrape off the lingering lint. He looked back at Tatsuo, silently awaiting his approval and encouragement.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 pm

Tatsuo blinked as Kotaru seemed to be shock of the realities of their clan.

"Yeah, pretty sure we're the #1 most fucked up clan in all of the Elemental Nations. I don't know of any other clan that willingly and aims to cannibalize the other members. Who first discovered it? No damn clue, go down into the catacombs and see if you can find his grave. Maybe write him an angry letter to read off of while you're down there."
Tatsuo teased as Kotaru continued on with the rite of harvesting his first shiin.

"No, I ate 5. I have 6. C'mon now, listen."
He jokingly chastised as Kotaru examined the sac. "After a while, you close your eyes and just imagine it's a rare steak and just tear into it quickly so you're done and finished in the blink of an eye."

"I'm not sure who's reacting worse, you to eating this or the rogue and the jutsu you used on him."
Tatsuo chuckled as he reached across the body and patted Kotaru on the shoulder hard as he swallowed the sack. "That was the easy one, now you gotta find the eroshiin sac. That's gonna be a whole deal more bloody than this."

Tatsuo grabbed the shoulders of the dead rogue and with a grunt of exertion flipped the body so that it was facing upwards. The rogue's eyes were closed in death and his face was still one of shock from the kunai wounds he had suffered. Tatsuo took out another kunai from his pouch before marking another X over the lung which contained the shiin sac.

"Have fun cracking over the chest plate and getting to the lungs. Or you can go through the intestines and the stomach and try to remove it that way but you'll have to really dig your hands into him to get a grip on the sac to remove it." Tatsuo's grin widened as he awaited the reaction from his younger friend.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 pm

He had only taken a single bite, but he wished he could save the rest for later. The texture was disgusting, but other than the taste of iron the sac didn't have much of a flavor. Kotaru managed to scarf the rest of it down by focusing more on Tatsuo's words and less on what he was doing. "Considering I didn't get skewered, I'd say I'm having the better reaction." Oh. Some of the sac was stuck in his teeth. But that was one down, with one more to go.

Not bothering to wipe his hands on his pants, he took the kunai and started to work again. He started by doing his best to peel back the rogue's skin. It wasn't pretty, but after several minutes of carving and pulling he managed to open the chest to reveal the organs inside. Just as Tatsuo said, finding the eroshiin was much, much more difficult. There were bones in the way of the lung, so many bones, and stabbing at them with the weapon did nothing to move them out of the way.

The genin was no longer a mess of nerves as he worked to cannibalize his distant cousin. The rite of passage wasn't as glorious or tasty as he once imagined, but it wasn't completely unenjoyable. The excitement of obtaining new shiin was settling in, and a smile crept across his face. He was glad to do this with Tatsuo than on his own. "It's a good thing the sun is setting. Makes it sooo much easier to see what I'm doing. The dusky ambience is a nice effect. Makes death and mutilation look like it belongs in a magazine spread." Chipping away at the bone with the kunai wasn't working, so he set it down next to him. Instead, he grimaced as he reached beneath the ribcage and took the liver in both hands. After quite a bit of pulling and a little bit of slicing, he pulled the liver free and tossed it behind his head. With the liver gone, he could touch the lung and see what was around it more clearly.

Kotaru peered at the lung through the ribcage, searching for the green sac of the eroshiin. Eventually he located it, wrapped around the uppermost lobe of the organ. It was flatter than the temershiin's sac, and harder to get out. In order to do so, several of the ribs had to be broken and yanked out of the corpse's torso. When the sac was free and in Kotaru's palm, he focused on Tatsuo's face and began eating. The chuunin seemed rather pleased. "I'm glad you're enjoying watching me eat this thing," he mumbled between mouthfuls, "especially since you didn't get to eat any of it."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Tatsuo sat and watched as his protege got to work on dismantling the corpse. The midget wasn't being any sort of succinct with his work and was tossing organs and bones everywhere.

"Y'know, if we were normal, this would be some war crimes type of shit with how we fuck up bodies so badly after death." Tatsuo commented as a bone snapped and was littered to the side. "If you're having such a bad time seeing, maybe try casting that Katon jutsu again and lighting the area up." Tatsuo chuckled as he began to peer inside of the chest cavity himself.

"Wow, I thought that tractor fucked up that one Akari but damn, you are doing a JOB on this dude..." Tatsuo muttered as he saw the carnage and blunt remove of the organs and bones within the rogue. He frowned mentally as he knew he'd be the one stuck cleaning up the area and burying the body at some point. Well, unless some of the woodland creatures around here decided they liked liver.

"Yeah, I always enjoy watching the few Akari I like grow stronger. Sure, they become a 'threat' to me but I'd like to think my loyalty to them and assistance would deter them from trying something and me having to put an armored fist through their chest." Tatsuo snickered as Kotaru mentioned him not getting to participate in the feast. "Pink eyes here wasn't carrying a phasmashiin or else you'd only be getting a single shiin right now. I'm a destroyer who relies on my strength and speed primarily. Sure, an eroshiin MIGHT help me, but I KNOW it'll help you based on your body type and skill set. Why hinder you? Not my style of living or fighting." He laughed as the boy continued and finished the shiin.

"You know, I'm proud of everything you did today. You're going to make a damn fine shinobi AND Akari."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:24 pm

The longer he sat surrounded by dismantled rogue, the more comfortable Kotaru became with the whole ordeal. So long as he didn't imagine that the mutilated body was his own, he could relax. It was never the blood and gore that made him nervous; it was facing the reality that he was actually doing this, that cannibalizing his own clan members was part of his life now, and once he gained two more shiin, especially the relatively rare eroshiin, the possibility that he could be the next one devoured was very real. He'd have to stave away death due to both enemies and his own family. Kotaru knew this was the life of an Akari, but it was suddenly that much harder to face and accept.

The genin was relieved was there to help him through it, and that Tatsuo harbored no resentment towards him for gaining two shiin at once while he walked away empty handed. His ears perked when Tatsuo labeled himself as a 'destroyer,' even though that much was obvious after seeing him truly fight. He was always looking for information on the chuunin, but what he said next made him temporarily forget his goal of gathering information that he could eventually use against Tatsuo.

"You know, I'm proud of everything you did today. You're going to make a damn fine shinobi AND Akari."

That threw the genin for a loop. He stared at Tatsuo first with eyes widened with confusion, then his eyes narrowed and his head cocked slightly to the side as he became more puzzled. He was...proud of him? Kotaru's lips parted as if he was about to respond, but he quickly turned away and looked toward the blood-splattered ground. The boy had never heard those words directed to him, not once in his life, so he initially had no idea how to respond.

After what seemed like a long pause he breathed, "Yeah, well. That's one I've actually never heard before. You might be...'proud,' but others won't be." Kotaru didn't know how to feel about the compliment, so his confusion about it was misdirected into a twinge of irritation. His body tensed and his jaw locked into a tight frown. Kotaru pocketed his kunai, still not looking at Tatsuo, and kept his attention on the various body parts around them. Gore was something he could understand.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Tatsuo could tell right off the bat those words had struck some sort of chord within the boy. Whether it be something from which positivity or negativity could come forth he did not yet know but this was a side of Kotaru he had yet to see. The boy was usually carrying a frown or a scowl on his face and didn't seem to let people into his life. Tatsuo had an idea what his home life was like, he had seen other Akari who had bad childhoods and home lives whether it be from having too rare a shiin or too common a shiin.

"Fuck 'em." Tatsuo directed to Kotaru as he shrugged his shoulders. "They're obviously not positive for your health, mental or physical. What's that quote? 'The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep' or something, right?"

Tatsuo got up from his crouch next to the dead rogue before kicking the corpse over onto its front and allowing the body to drain of the remaining blood. "You're a lion, Kotaru. Never forget that. You proved that to me today. If others aren't proud of your accomplishments but instead are jealous or envious they don't deserve the time of day. They're just another obstacle to overcome in this world."

The elder shinobi removed his top most layer of clothing before draping it over the corpse. He sighed as he fell back into a crouch to lift up the body of their departed, distant cousin. With a small grunt, he stood up carrying the body in his arms even though it continued to bleed down his front. Tatsuo took a glance around the clearing to see exactly what had been removed from the rogue. A liver and a couple bones, so nothing much. Clean up would be decently easy but before he did that, he still had something to do. The chuunin turned towards his short companion before taking a more serious look upon his face.

"What's your goal, Kotaru?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:40 pm

"Hmph." Kotaru gave a grunt of acknowledgement to his elder cousin's encouragement, but kept his gaze intently trained on the discarded organ and bones lying around him. Tatsuo's words didn't exactly go in one ear and out the other, but the genin wasn't at all receptive to the idea that he was a lion. Throughout his life his experiences had taught him otherwise; he was but a tiny, inconsequential fish in an ocean of sharks. Up until that point his goal had simply been to survive by staying so far under the radar that none of his clan members gave him a second thought. It wasn't a hard task, as his tiny frame and tendency to slink between shadows helped him largely go unnoticed.

Kotaru bit the inside of his cheek as he formed a few hand seals and then spat out a jet of flames to incinerate the scattered bones. He thought about Tatsuo's question as the bones burned, searching for the words to adequately explain his goals. It wasn't something he usually said out loud. "All I want," he started as he turned toward Tatsuo and finally looked him in the eye, "is to show our fucking clan that people born with melashiin isn't as weak as they all seem to think."

His gazed dropped slightly and he absentmindedly flicked his fingernails, the steady click filling the silence as Kotaru contemplated. "I don't give a shit about making them proud," he continued, ambiguously referring to his parents. "Proving my strength is more important and I'll devour as many shiin as necessary. But at the end of the day I'll show everyone that just because I was born with melashiin doesn't mean I'm worthless. And I'll kill anyone who says otherwise." He kicked dirt onto the smoldering bones to snuff out the dying flames before adding with a sadistic grin, "But not before making them suffer first."

The boy crossed his arms and stared at the blood staining Tatsuo's chest. Though the blood made it seem like Tatsuo was injured, he had barely sustained a scratch during the brief battle. It was in stark contrast to Kotaru, who had been nearly constricted into unconsciousness. The battle had been little more than child's play to Tatsuo. Much to Kotaru's displeasure, the gap between their strength was even greater than he had predicted. "Speaking of obstacles," he added, his smile dropping slightly, "you're a pretty big one in my book. I'm sure you can tell by now that I want your shiin." He remained perfectly still as he talked, unconsciously showing that he wasn't going to try anything.

"But before I get to that, I want to know something. Why are all of your shiin that violet color?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Tatsuo listened intently as he let the younger Akari tell him of his goals and thoughts. The talk about making people suffer was something he'd keep in mind for later. It was a trait like that that had made plenty of other Akari go rogue; the want to make others suffer was something he had seen and read about from Bingo Book descriptions of missing ninja and he truly hoped he would be able to keep Kotaru from going down the very same path. There had to be something he could do for the boy.

"Pfft, you can want all you want. Just know you'll never get them. My body is rigged with several fuuinjutsu that'll blow my internal organs to shreds upon my death. I'd kill myself before any other Akari got even close."
Tatsuo bluffed although Kotaru would never know that. The serious face of his changed to one more akin to a predator looking at prey as he stared down Kotaru, the blood of the dead Akari he was holding continuing to drip down his font and staining the ground at his feet red.

"Heh, the clan covets it yet doesn't tell anyone what it looks like or what its characteristics show up as within a user. I guess that makes sense, means only those in the upper echelon of the clan have any potential to steal one for themselves." Tatsuo continued on before channeling chakra to the organ connected crown chakra in his head. A shiin of violet hue fully infalted as he finished, the liquid muscle taking the shape of a helmet with two long horns attached to it and facing forward and a thinner section of it around the eyes. With a split second of concentration, Tatsuo was able to retract the organic visor and allow Kotaru to see his eyes.

"This is an Astrashiin. This is what every single member of our clan covets and is willing to die or go rogue for. It allows me to combine shiin together into a single form. You know the melashiin is a bit weaker in sturdiness compared to a temershiin or a phasmashiin but because of this shiin, I've been able to combine the durability traits of a temershiin into my melashiin. In contrast, you know the melashiin has a great regeneration rate. This allows me to apply that same regeneration rate to my temershiin. It allows shiin to combine into stronger forms that those born without it or do not consume one will never come to possess or know." Tatsuo explained to the younger Akari, giving him a small lesson on the clan and its bloodline. "It's power is great but I haven't even touched the surface of it yet. There's plenty more for me to discover and create using this shiin. It's also the reason why all of my shiin are violet. It overrides the normal color of shiin with its own, maybe in a way to show dominance over the others. Any other questions?"
SpoilerShow
~Basic Formation: Astrashiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Type: Astrashiin
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. Taking the form of a helmet, the astrashiin is perhaps the weakest of the shiin, having only half the Akari's strength and stamina./spoiler]
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:15 pm

At the mention of Tatsuo's protective fuuinjutsu, Kotaru visibly tensed. He had no reason to doubt his elder, so the news that there were such extensive measures to prevent stealing the chuunin's shiin organs was devastating. It meant Kotaru would need more time to prepare and train, to develop a plan that would reduce the chances of getting killed. Time was not on his side, but on Tatsuo's. The longer it took for him to get stronger, the more time Tatsuo had to widen the gap of power between them.

He considered a bluff of his own and mentioning there were plenty of ways to remove fuuinjutsu and that he was familiar with the art, but the thought stalled in his head when his gaze met Tatsuo's. Though the genin had given Tatsuo plenty of hungry and threatening looks, being on the receiving end of such a glare made his hair stand on end. His shoulders hunched and his eyes dropped slightly in an unconscious attempt to make himself look even smaller under the intense gaze. At Tatsuo's next comment, the younger looked up and his breath hitched.

The astrashiin was beautiful. He had only ever dreamed of seeing one in person, and he never imagined that his new friend would possess one. Every Akari was raised to covet an astrashiin, so much that they would kill anyone to obtain it, and one had practically fallen into Kotaru's lap. It was a dream come true, and Kotaru was all but aroused as he devoured the shiin with his eyes.

But he could only devour it visually. Though the astrashiin was right in front of him, begging to be ripped from its owner and eaten, Kotaru was in no way capable of taking the astrashiin for himself. The fact that he was unable to take it right then and there made him burn. His hands, clenched in tight and painful fists, started to shake uncontrollably as his excitement transformed into rapidly mounting frustration. "...I haven't even touched the surface of it...." Those words echoed through Kotaru's head and his eyes glazed over in potent rage. "Any other questions?"

He snapped. "You smug bastard..!" The genin channeled his chakra as he lost all control and reason, and soon after he forced chakra to the small of his back so his melashiin manifested, undulating and pointed toward Tatsuo.
JutsuShow
~Basic Formation: Melashiin
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Type: Melashiin
Channeling chakra to their shiin, they cause it to inflate, fully forming into its full glory. Taking the shape of a long fleshy protrusion, the melashiin is able to recover at double the rate of a normal body part would. The strength and durability of a melashiiin are equal to 3/4ths of the user's strength and stamina.

Bend the Knee
C-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
After channeling his chakra, Kotaru moves his melashiin in an undulating motion and then the tips of the tendrils will curl inward. When the target sees this motion, this illusion of force genjutsu will activate. For the duration of one post, the target will begin to feel as though a force is pushing down upon their shoulders to force them onto their knees. During this period, if the target realizes they are under genjutsu, they can move their hands to kai out. Targets can also physically break the illusion if their strength is 10 or greater. After this one post period, a target with less than 10 strength will be unable to lift their bodies from this position for four posts.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Tatsuo's eyes narrowed underneath the Astrashiin. Was he really going to attempt something? Time to put this young pup in his place.

"Smug? You think I ASKED to be born a fuckin' target, kid? You think I wanted this shit? To be hunted whenever someone finds out about me possessing this thing?" Tatsuo started, his face beginning to turn into a snarl as the weight on his shoulders pressed down although it did little to nothing to him. He eyed the melashiin in front of him for a moment before continuing. "You fuckin' realize...I've done EVERYTHING in my power to be able to help YOU? I just saved your ass from getting harvested, I just fuckin' GAVE you two shiin, one of which I don't even have."

Tatsuo tossed the body of the dead Akari to the floor, pointing his finger at it. "That was almost you. Do you understand the fuckin' guilt I would've felt if it had? I value you, Kotaru. I do not think of you as weak but right now you're acting fuckin' stupid and you best restrain yourself before I have to carry TWO Akari corpses back to the village."

"Do you realize I find the melashiin as the strongest and most versatile of the seven shiin? I prefer using mine not because of it being common or as a cover up of this Astrashiin. I use it because I think it's great. You're fuckin' lucky I don't pluck yours right now and make you watch as I eat you alive." Tatsuo continued, his adrenaline rising and his blood beginning to pump harder and harder as his anger rose. He was finding it hard to keep in control at this point, to prevent himself from lashing out and removing the boy's head from his shoulders. The chuunin took a deep breath and let out a low growl towards the genin, his purple eyes locked onto Kotaru's own with a fierce intensity the boy probably had not seen before.

"You really think I wanted to be born with this shit, looking over my shoulder every day of my life, hoping someone from the clan, be it my own parents and siblings or another Akari, doesn't try and kill me? So don't you ever try this shit again or try and label me with some shitty words!" Tatsuo snapped, his hands balling into fists before he dismissed the astrashiin while channeling chakra into his melashiin at the same time, the brilliant violet organ inflating to a size greater than Kotaru's own. Finally, his rage boiled over as he launched his right fist into Kotaru's gut with all of his built up anger behind it, intending to send the younger Akari flying back. "If you really wanna try something, do it now or shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down before I come after you like I did him."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Not only did Tatsuo have the coveted astrashiin, but the genjutsu had absolutely no effect on him. Tatsuo's rage filled words did nothing to calm the genin, but even in his heated and irrational state of mind, his body refused to move. Deeply rooted fear kept him in place and from reacting further. The powerful and conflicting emotions were overwhelming. He only just barely heard what Tatsuo had to say about how the genin had almost been the one killed. Honestly, the boy didn't want to hear it. It only solidified the fact that he was weak, and he briefly thought that everyone was right about him. He couldn't defeat the rogue on his own, and he was foolishly picking a fight with someone who had not only saved his life, but had also done nothing but shown him kindness. Kotaru had never experienced kindness, especially not from a clan member much stronger than himself, and he had no idea how to respond to it or show gratitude.

"Spare me the sob story, Tatsuo!" he yelled when the chuunin took his deep breath and aimed a look of pure hostility towards Kotaru. The look more than intimidated him, but he ignored the blossoming feeling that he should shut the hell up and stand down. "You don't get it and you never will! You appreciating melashiin doesn't change anything about how those of us who are born with it are treated! I had to practically raise myself because of it!"

He growled in response to Tatsuo's next statement, about the chuunin having to constantly look over his shoulder. That was the reality for all Akari, and the price a clan member paid for strength. But before he could vocalize that thought, Tatsuo's fist slammed into Kotaru's gut. The younger Akari was sent flying backward into a pile of rubble, and the pain from both the attack and the landing knocked the wind out of him. He fell face first into broken wood and shards of metal, cutting his face in several places. Kotaru couldn't breathe. He couldn't think. His mind went blank from the pain and his body dedicated itself completely to staying conscious.

It was exactly what he needed to calm down. He lied on the ground for what seemed like several minutes, struggling to breathe and stop his head from spinning. Once his lungs remembered how to work Kotaru painfully and slowly rolled over onto his back. He stared at the darkening sky above him, and the unfeeling void stared back. With each breath his mind cleared and his composure slowly returned to him, and with a sickening feeling in his stomach that had nothing to do with Tatsuo's blow, Kotaru realized he had made a huge mistake by turning on Tatsuo, one of the only people he could almost consider a friend.

And it was all because of the jealousy that the clan carefully molded and instilled in its members.

"Fuck this clan...." he mumbled to himself. When his rage completely subsided he sighed, belatedly hearing what his cousin had said immediately after almost punching his lights out. "Save it, I won't try anything else," he said louder, still staring at the sky. "I can't beat you today. And I can't move."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Tatsuo coldly stared at the genin as he lay there face first in the rubble before finally rolling himself over onto his back and lying still. He was glad to know that the boy was still alive but quite disappointed in himself that the boy was still conscious. The chuunin's plan had been to knock him out and carry him back to the inn but with Kotaru seemingly keeping conscious, those plans were thrown out the window. The genin called out to him, saying he would drop it. For now.

"You'll never be able to beat me with your current outlook on life. You're focused too much on the clan doctrine and what it does; you victimize yourself at every chance you get with that scowl on your face and that surly attitude of yours." Tatsuo lectured as he made his way over the pile of debris, stepping over the dead body of the rogue on his way.

Tatsuo stood over the younger Akari, the look on intensity on his face still there although the matter had been settled. He was still furious with his charge, the actions he had attempted here this evening were some that could put the boy in jail for a small amount of time or even label him as a rogue. "You get to stay here tonight then if you can't move. You attacked me not only as your friend but as your superior officer. You should be lucky I don't decide to report this to someone back at the village." Tatsuo coldly told the boy, his eyes and voice devoid of any of his usual mirth. Slowly he peeled off the top layer of his clothing before throwing it unceremoniously on top of the younger Akari. "It's cold at night, so get comfy."

Tatsuo made his way back to the corpse of the other Akari and knelt down next to it. His hands continued to shake in rage before he screamed out loud and laid into the dead man, his fists pulverizing the already dead body into a paste. Once he was done releasing his anger out into the body, he cast several hand seals and fired a Raiton jutsu at the corpse and destroyed it on the spot. The bloody and mentally exhausted Akari stood up without looking back at the genin before beginning his trek back into town and to find his own place to sleep.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

Post by Kao » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:38 pm

The seed of guilt in Kotaru's chest sprouted as Tatsuo lectured him with a disappointed tone. He chose not to respond because, after all, the chuunin was right. Kotaru was a prisoner of the clan's doctrine and he had allowed it to dictate his every thought and every move. He had never tried to make a real friend and never wanted anyone to get too close to him and risk betrayal, or worse. And when someone finally extended a hand of companionship the boy had spat on it. Tatsuo had every right to be furious, and no one would blame him for abandoning their nascent friendship. Kotaru half expected for the chuunin to curse at him some more and sever their bond completely.

Tatsuo's words were getting to him, but the stubborn genin still wasn't ready to vocally admit that he was wrong. Perhaps he would the next day once his body stopped throbbing. There was no incredulous scoff when Tatsuo stated he would leave the boy alone overnight. Kotaru knew he deserved it, but instead of admitting that fact he hummed his acknowledgement and closed his eyes. He had a lot to think about after gaining two new shiin, one of them quite rare. His life was certainly going to change.

He could have fallen asleep immediately, but the sound of Tatsuo's frustrated scream prompted him to open his eyes. Kotaru turned his head slightly and watched as his cousin pummeled the rogue beyond recognition and then blew it to pieces. He followed his cousin with his gaze until he disappeared into the darkness, and once he was alone, Kotaru groaned.

'I'm an idiot,' he lamented, and if he could punch himself in the face he would. He cared little about the possibility of being reported, but was instead concerned about the future of the relationship with his cousin. Tatsuo had left him, but he hadn't abandoned him. That much, at least, the genin understood. But he didn't know if they could continue to be friends when the younger Akari so desperately wanted to defeat him. His thoughts kept him up nearly all night, and he oscillated between wanting to hate Tatsuo as an enemy and wanting to apologize and keep him as a friend. If nothing else, repairing their relationship would give him motivation - a positive one - to continue to grow stronger.

As he drifted to sleep, the genin decided to swallow his pride and take Tatsuo's advice. He couldn't continue to let his inferiority complex run his life. He let a slight smile creep into his features just before passing out. 'Guess I gotta suck it up and show him some gratitude, huh?'
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow