[Graded][Plotboard] Mercenaries and Slavers.

Trusted Grader

[Graded][Plotboard] Mercenaries and Slavers.

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 am

Chikara had lead the group for what seemed like days, they could visibly see the difference in terrain, which meant that they had to keep their heads down and focus on getting in and out before too long. Takeshi might be someone who underestimated the border patrol but Chikara knew better than act like he was unstoppable, this sort of mentality was what got most ninjas killed for one could never be too certain of their enemies skills.

Chikara knew that if they kept heading this direction then they would meet the with his informant in less than a hand few hours, with the sun being up, they would avoid freezing. Even though there wasn't any snow around, the barren wasteland and low range mountains made sure that the cold breeze from north would strike them with force. Chikara hated the cold, so it was no wonder that he wanted out of this land as soon as possible.

"Alright, we only have one real shot at this so we can't waste it. Remember, we are not here to create an international manhunt, instead we are here to get the job done and leave." Chikara knew that they wouldn't have to be reminded again but just wanted to make sure that everyone was on the same page.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Isuzu

[Plotboard] Mercenaries and Slavers.

Post by Isuzu » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Takeshi was lucky to have brought his horse along with him on this trip. He'd become an expert of "sleep riding", thus was able to take naps and get regular sleep while riding. Things had progressively gotten colder over the course of their travels as well, so he'd pretty much stuck with wearing his cloak and hood full time - even now. If one were to look upon him, they'd see nothing but a shadowed face with occasional puffs of smoke from a cigarette coming from the area where his mouth should be. He'd forced them to stop at a small store on the way - much to the displeasure of the group. He didn't really care about their feelings, and whether they knew it or not, they'd rather deal with the small inconvenience than put up with Takeshi without his cigs to mellow him out a bit. He and "The Scorpion" had become rather chummy over their long journey - constantly cracking jokes back and forth to each other. For a religious chap, he wasn't half bad. As usual, Greed found amusement in simple human interaction and constantly annoyed his host with quick-witted comments.

Chikara went over the goal for the billionth time, causing Takeshi to roll his eyes before closing them, a slight chuckle could be heard from him. "Ugghh, come on Chik." He opened one eye and looked directly at the Nara, "I can call you Chik, right? Anyway, we get it. Get in, do our thing, get out." He simply sat atop his horse, arms crossed under his cloak, and continued to smoke his cigarette, letting the annoyance roll off of him. Takeshi wasn't some child - he didn't need to be told over and over again.

Nakamura, Takeshi | A-rank MN | Kirigakure
Hinoshi, Isuzu | Genin | Konohagakure
Ishiguro, Kisuke | Chuunin | Kumogakure

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:46 am

The team had been walking together for quite a while and that reminiscent Iwagakure chill and terrain was starting to pop up, Giving Enzaragi almost a sense of nostalgia and trauma from his past. But he had been accompanied with the new recruit "The jackal" Takeshi, who was proving to be quite the fun fellow to be with despite his rugged appearance. He still had that ruggedness to him but not as much as it might seem. Enzaragi found it extremely tempting to push Takeshi off his horse whenever he slept on Kingu.

Chikara reran the plan again and Takeshi seemed to be annoyed with him reminding them, Enzaragi understood why so he wasn't that bugged. This reminded Enzaragi of his time in slavery leading him to be feeling a mix between sadness and anxiety, leading him to Clench his Jashin pendulum. Comforting him, for he knew Jashin was by his side. Enzaragi would use this day to face his trauma and come out a braver man. Enzaragi had nothing to say at the moment, as he was rather anxious at the moment. Wanting only to focus his courage to face his courage to face his past.

It was clear Chikara hated this explaining his annoyance and his rush too complete the mission, Enzaragi smiled as he always noticed that almost everyone that were outside the harsh cold of Rock country. Hated being there. It was clear the harsh environment was not for everyone. So to poke fun at Chikara and get his mind of his past, with a sarcastic tone Enzaragi asked "So what do you think about the weather? Lovely isn't it?" He chuckled to himself as they made their way to the slavers path.
The Scorpion

Jinsoku,Enzaragi S-Rank MN: Iwa Setsuzoku
Companion
The Swordsman

Yūgana, Mondai B-Rank : Kiri Seven swordsman
Companion
The Angry

Shaolóng, Gōkariki A-Rank : Konoha

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:05 am

Chikara sighed, he hated being called Chik, in fact his forehead frowned at the thought of being called something he was teased for in the past. "If you want to call me something then I would be okay if you call me Kara, that's a nickname I'm fine with. I'd rather not we start on the wrong foot." Chikara had to prove that he wasn't a push over, he knew that if he didn't step up and take control of the group. He knew how annoying it was to remind people of what they were about to do but in order for them to not get killed, he would have to do whatever it took.

"This weather is fucked, I hate this place." Chikara chuckled before he turned to face Takeshi. "So tell me about why you escaped Kirigakure? I thought you guys were allowed to basically do whatever you wanted in that village? I mean, it's not like where I'm from, there we have a lot of pressure to act like a stand up citizen. See the thing is that our leader likes to act as the one who knows the best, sure they are usually pretty humble but that gets pretty annoying rather fast... " Chikara chuckled as he continued forward.

They would soon reach a village were they could restock and gather more information, but since it was a bit off they would have time to finish the conversation. But once they would arrive, Chikara would lead them towards the end of a bar and down to the backside where he would knock in a special code. Here a man would open the door and lead them in to a murky room, other than a couple of chairs and multiple maps the room would be rather empty. "So, when is the transport due?"

"In 24 hours, so we have plenty of time to set up a plan on how we engage the caravan." The informant responded as he crossed his arms. The burly man wore a black shirt and shorts, which shocked Chikara as it seemed too cold to be wearing so little. He knew that the citizens of Earth Country were hardy but this was pushing it, ignoring the man, Chikara turned to his comrades and shrugged.

"So, we have multiple ways to go about this, what are your suggestions?"
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm

A light chuckle could be heard coming from Takeshi before he spoke again. "Fine, fine, no need to make threats. We're on the same team, remember - Kara" A subtle reference to their previous dispute about being a team or an organization could be heard in the inflection of his statement. Antagonizing the guy was so much more fun when people took themselves too seriously. He did have a point once he started talking again, addressing the question raised by their third squadmate. "This place is cold as balls and I hate it." A shiver formed all over his body at the mention of the weather, forcing him to think about and thus acknowledge the cold, causing his body to react to it instinctually. A few puffs of his cigarette remedied that.

A rather disinterested look glazed over his eyes as Chikara asked him why he left the Mist. "The families there.." He started speaking before he'd fully planned his sentence, and now found himself with not a clue what to say next. Memories were flooding the mind of his days in the Hidden Mist, mission after mission for that vile place with no real point to it all from his point of view. He wasn't really gaining very much from it - and he hated taking orders. The grizzled ninja took another drag of his cigarette and let it marinate in his lungs before exhaling it quickly. "They treated me like a dog - but didn't like it when I barked." He simply left it at that, no need for details at the moment. He could fill them in at a later time if he deemed the organization to be worth it.

Chikara led them through to a back alley area where often dealings of the underworld took place. Takeshi had been in a few himself, though never this particular one. The Nara and his informant exchanged words before he turned to the other two for input on a plan. Takeshi knew any input he had wouldn't be well informed, as he'd literally just met these guys before. He found it humorous that this hadn't been planned out more indepthly. Generally, Takeshi would have the whole thing mapped out down to the finest detail first."Well, how about you hit us with those options first? Then I'll let ya know my thoughts." Takeshi said, his hands in his pockets with a generally disinterested look on his face.

"...My, my Takeshi. You're being particularly confrontation with this one. Did he steal your girlfriend or something...?" Greed's lame joke caused a short grimace from Takeshi that, if noticed, would probably cause someone to wonder why he reacted that way. It only lasted a moment though, so the odds of someone noticing were slim.

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:11 am

Today Enzaragi had discovered a nickname Chikara didn't like which means a new way of teasing his comrade. It would seem that nobody liked the weather, Which made him smile and stretch his arms embracing that Earth country breeze. Not because he enjoyed the cold but, because the chill and terrain triggered memories.

As Chikara asked why Takeshi left Enzaragi grew curious about what Takeshi had to say but, Unfortunately he was vague. If he didn't want to go in to detail that's fine by Enza. As they walked in to the bar Enzaragi was also surprised by the man wearing shorts in this cold country. "Dude!? you wearing shorts in this weather?" Enzaragi said in a joking manner, smiling at the burly man. Chikara was asking about their plan, and Takeshi gave his thoughts. Enzaragi looked at the two of them noticing the grimace that Takeshi had on his face, making him confused as of why he made that face."What is it Takeshi? You look a bit annoyed." Asking Takeshi in case it was something."Well I think we should attack while they are sleeping and free the slaves, I'm thinking they could help?" That was Enzaragi's take now waiting for Takeshi and Chikara response.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Re: [Plotboard] Mercenaries and Slavers.

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Chikara crossed his arms as he listened to what his comrades had to say, he knew that he wasn't the "leader" per say but seeing as he was the only one in the organization he saw it fit to tackle this role for this very mission. So, once he heard Enzaragi's suggestion and Takeshi's blatant, please you tell us what to do attitude, this left Chikara with little choice.

"Okay so, I think we should split up and attack from separate locations." This was a crazy suggestion but Chikara had a plan. "Chikara who I believe is the fastest, should attempt to sneak in, unless you are good at stealth Takeshi? If not, yeah, he goes in and saves the slavers while you and I keep them busy." Chikara raised his left eyebrow and looked around.

He wasn't dead set on having this be the exact plan but that was what he could contribute to, Enzaragi's approach to attack them at night was brilliant, but at the same time he knew that night time wasn't his specialty as a lot of his techniques required his opponent to see him, though he was sure to take note of that flaw and work on it when time presented itself.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Isuzu

Post by Isuzu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:01 pm

A puff of smoke was followed by a long sigh.

"Details, Kara." Takeshi rubbed his eyes, dark circles surrounding them like enemies closing in on their target. This plan lacked details and only spoke of vague things. Prisoners without an idea of numbers. Caravan without more in-depth knowledge of the size of the opposition, skill level, etc. Going in like this was sloppy and inefficient - though it did provide a nice skeleton. He then looked up towards Chikara, then to the informant and back again, meeting the man in his peculiar eyes. "The Devil is in the details" His voice inflection on devil was echoed by Greed, and a slight undertoned demonic voice could be heard if one had a very trained ear.

"What ya said works fine as a start." Takeshi turned to look at a map of the surrounding area with terrain information. It was the rock country, so the vast majority were ridges, valleys, hills, etc. As he examined it, he allowed his cigarette to hang loosely between his lips. "Tell me about specifics" He was going to coax their 'leader' to think critically.

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:01 pm

"I like your plan to attack from multiple sides, makes them scatter easier to deal with." He looked at Takeshi as his voice went demonic, Enzaragi was confused if he even heard right but still looked at him suspiciously. As Takeshi was clearly annoyed about that they had no solid info, So Enzaragi decided to use some of his knowledge gained from being a slave and hearing, both slaves and slavers talk about how it worked.   "We got some details while not direct infomation about the traders but we got me. Before you ask when I was younger I was a slave. First of all slavers tend to take the quickest and safest route, trying to find a nice balance. However if they had to choose between a quick or safe route. They would choose the safe route if they aren't that equipped, but if they have some wealth and supplies they choose the quick route. Second of all While guards vary depending on the slavers wealth, Considering we aren't hunting any slackers expect a decent ammount and supplied guards. And last but not least is that they have watch guard and they take shifts. So we need to move clever if we want to get the drop on them!"

While Enzaragi wasn't all that comfortable with revealing that he was a former slave it was better then a bunch of unaswered questions and he wanted to be more open about it. While he wouldn't mention it unless it would come up during conversation. But that wasn't important right now Enzaragi looked at both of them waiting for their response, they were getting closer and closer to forming a solid plan. Enza hoped that his inside information would help in their plan of attack.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Chikara couldn't help but to look down, he knew that he lacked the information needed to operate flawlessly but he was always the type of ninja that took the bad with the good. He had figured that with 3 Jounin level ninjas that they would be able to handle whatever was out there, especially with Enzaragi's inside knowledge. Remembering what he had told him on a previous mission, he also figured that Enzaragi would take charge on this mission as it would affect him personally, Especially seeing as Chikara was mostly just a support ninja.

Once his partner finished speaking he would cross his arms. "Well, I expect them to take the safe route, meaning that they won't go through any ridges unless they pack some serious back up. They are definately going through the open plains in order to spot their target from miles away, which means that we will have to either  wait ahead of time and wait underground or... Attack in the dead of the night, here lies the problem, some of my genjutsu uses flash, which you all should know by now means that during the night become stronger."

He knew that they wouldn't be able to figure out how many would protect the caravan, yet he knew that they carried high value targets. "But expect to encounter dangerous foes, we don't have to kill every single one of them ourselves, we could always just arm the slavers and have them help us out. That or get the targets and flee, but I feel like that would leave us exposed to Iwagakure." Chikara sighed as he uncrossed his arms, he knew that the information wasn't the best but this was something he was working on. It's not the same when you don't have an entire village backing you up with information... Shit.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya