The Path to Power

Thread for Shou's Journey to becoming a Shinobi of Iwagakure

Diatenshi

The Path to Power

Post by Diatenshi » Wed May 20, 2020 7:38 pm

He stood at the gates papers in hand. The area perturbed him a bit as near by was a wagon with a cage full of people in it. Mind you he didn't have any particular thoughts towards slavery. It was their smell that disgusted him. Even he a wild man bathed. But if they were slaves they weren't worth his time, only the strong survived; the weak were merely toys for the strong. As he went to approach the gates to enter, one of the slavers tried to herd him into a cage calling him a slave.

"You might want to adjust your stance. I'm no slave and I'm certainly more than you're prepared for."

He was angered by the gall of the slaver. Sure he was dirty but he certainly didn't smell like one of the man's products. And he was 10 the size of all the starved scraggly males in his cage. As for the slaver? He was a portly man that looked like he'd stole the fat that should've been on the bones of his slaves. Most likey he was simply a trader not a slaver himself. Whipping the weak and starved to feel superior when even an eight year old could probably take him down.

A small burst of speed and he appeared behind the fat bastard a knife to the man's neck. While he couldn't compare to even an academy student in terms of magic, he had attained a body few people could achieve. His muscles brimming with vigor and strength the man barely had time to react from the time Shou moved.

"Next time keep your greed in check. I'm a member of Iwagakure."

He didn't mention that he hadn't officially joined the village yet as the paper work hadn't been filled out yet, but he figured fatty didn't need to know that. Putting away his knife he looked at the guard on duty and showed him the paperwork. He could tell the guard previously had no intention of helping him with the slaver. And why would he. All rumors of Iwa said it was the city of the strong. The weak had no place there. After getting directions from the guard on where to go he entered casually as if he was already a member of the village. He didn't bother taking in the sights just yet he was a man on a mission.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Kao

The Path to Power

Post by Kao » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:27 pm

Despite its reputation as a village that valued its own strength above all else, Iwagakure had its eyes on strong individuals that lived outside its massive walls. The recent improvement in intervillage relations with Kirigakure spurred many into self-reflection, and shinobi in particular were reevaluating their positions in not only the village but in the world. From the lowly slave class to the shinobi elite, tremors signaling change shook the village and spurred its inhabitants to act with Iwa’s prosperity and prestige in mind. Despite all its strength, Iwagakure could stand for more allies.

Komiya Shizuo was wary of inviting outsiders within the village walls. Although he could practically feel the wheels of progress churning beneath the village, he was unsure how wise it was to let people who were so far removed from life in Iwa to train and live there. His promotion to jounin came with a tidal wave of new information, and even then he knew he was only being made aware of what was happening on the surface. He carried that weight one unusually warm morning as he awaited a potential recruit. Shizuo had been in the small satellite village for barely an hour before a guard alerted him that the guy had arrived. Watching from afar he observed the outsider’s mannerisms: the dismissiveness towards the slaves, the aggression towards the guards, and the way he confidently walked into the village as if he already belonged.

With a small sigh Shizuo hopped down from his perch on a low wall and met the guy halfway, putting on his friendly-yet-somehow-still-cooly-professional smile. “Ah, you must be -“ he paused to check his notes - “Shoutohiro Toshi. I’m Komiya Shizuo, jounin of Iwagakure. It’s my job to take you to the village to be...evaluated. I’ll need your papers and a blood sample.”
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Diatenshi

The Path to Power

Post by Diatenshi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:52 am

Shou was confused for a moment when the white haired man suddenly dropped down in front of him. He wasn't expecting someone so young or so small. He'd been under the impression that Iwa was full of muscle bound giants. Granted he'd been to enough monasteries to know that looks can be deceiving. He paused and gave a hard look. He had been told to guard the paperwork as it was his key into the village. How did he know this man was who he said he was?

"No disrespect intended Mr. Komiya... But how do I know you're a shinobi of Iwagakure? Granted I doubt many are foolish enough to make such a false claim in Rock Country, I still need to be sure. Again no disrespect intended."

His tone was incredibly formal or rather what Shou imagined formal was like. He still managed to reign in the wild manner in which he spoke. The big thing that threw him off was why he wanted a blood sample? Shou couldn't imagine what anyone would need a sample of his blood for.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Kao

The Path to Power

Post by Kao » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Shizuo was completely taken aback by the sudden inquiry. As far as he concerned, he was supposed to be the one doing the questioning, not the other way around. “Uhhh...I didn’t.... Alright, fine.” The jounin reached into his messenger bag, rummaging around until he found what he was looking for. He didn’t normally carry his hitai-ate, but it just so happened that this was the one day out of the year that he decided to bring it. How fortunate. He flashed the headband at the guy, the steel reflecting the sunlight. Carved into the metal was the Iwagakure symbol. “And if that’s not enough, I have my own documents, too. For uh, authorization and travel purposes. You’re a strange one. I figured you’d be too nervous to do something like demand that I verify my identity.”

After letting the foreigner see his headband he pulled out his own traveling papers. Toshi would only have enough time to glance at the papers before Shizuo tucked them back into his bag. “Now. I need your paperwork. And a blood sample.” With a swift motion the jounin pulled out a scalpel and a tiny scroll. He then held out his hand and gestured for this Toshi guy to hold out his palm or arm; Shizuo wasn’t fussy about where the blood would come from. “Is there a problem? Hold out your arm so we can get this show on the road.”
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Diatenshi

The Path to Power

Post by Diatenshi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:20 am

It was enough evidence for him seeing the headband. The only people that would have it in this area would be actual Iwagakure shinobi or someone strong enough that they could lie about it. Either way neither would be a person he could oppose. When he was shown the papers he didn't even bother trying to read them not that he was actually give much opportunity to do so. Regardless, he couldn't help but think to himself... I really need to learn how to read...

"These papers are my only way of becoming a shinobi of Iwagakure. If someone were to steal them my chances would be gone. Partially for letting someone take important documentation from me and also for not verifying the contact. Nervous yes. A fool no."

He had tried to express that despite being a country bumpkin he was capable of higher level thinking. Though unsure if his words came across as intended he put his arm out to the shinobi whilst holding the paperwork. While he was sure of his strength he was also wary of the shinobi's mystical magic. He was certain in his mind the man before him could kill him without breaking a sweat. If he truely wished him ill at this point why bother asking for the blood sample when he could just take it.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin