Getting Back to Basics

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Getting Back to Basics

Post by Sia » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:06 am

For a long time Shuichi merely stood there and listened to the world. Meditating was encouraged, no, required by the Maido voice that weighed heavily in his head and if he did not listen to it then the voice only grew louder until he couldn't stand to bare it any longer. So he digressed and decided to meditate for a while. He listened to the sounds of the forest around him, the sounds of the critters, the creatures, the rodents, the birds. He took it all in and listened and for a while that was all he did. He circulated his chakra, balanced it within himself and let it flourish. It ebbed out of him like an aura and it seeped into the environment. He began to shape it, giving it form and encouraging its behavior through the use of hand seals. He produced a wall, but it was a small one and not quite up to Maido's standards. "Again."

He began the process once more, sending raw ninpou chakra outwards into the environment and willing it to take the form and shape necessary. It was a tedious task, he didn't usually work with ninpou for Kouton was more up his alley. Still he persisted and produced another wall of ninpou chakra, but it was still small. "Again." Maido demanded. He cursed at her in his mind and she cursed right back within it. "We can do this all day ya know." She said to him aloud through his body. "Yeah yeah whatever." Shuichi began manifesting chakra outwards again, producing another wall, which Hisayo destroyed with a flick of Kayoko's bladed form. Shuichi produced another, and she destroyed it as well. "You're going to have to do better than that, an academy student could break these, I'm not even trying." She said to him teasingly.

Shuichi rolled his eyes and condensed the chakra into a thicker form, sending out a barrier that slapped Hisayo across the head, but only because she hadn't really been paying attention to it. She thrust her sword straight into Shuichi's body and he retaliated by slapping her with another barrier spawned straight from his jellies. It coursed from his body outwards and pushed her aside, taking Kayoko the sword away with her. "Piss off." He said as he accumulated Kouton back into his body to fill in the hole. He wove hand seals and began producing another small wall of ninpou, sending it forwards once more. "Not good enough." Maido's voice rang through the air as Kayoko once again destroyed it with a simple flick, this time with her bare hand. "Again." Shuichi shrugged. "It's never good enough for you is it?"

"No, it really never is I suppose." Shuichi laughed. "You're a cruel mistress, Maido."

"I know."

Shuichi began surging with chakra once more and sent out a rifling of smaller, more concise barriers of raw ninpou in an attempt to get a better feel for the shape. He condensed them down together back into a singular wall and began to move it around, guiding it and willing it to be more condensed, sturider, and stronger. He did this again, producing the barriers together and smashing them together into one and sending them out flying towards Hisayo and Kayoko whilst he and Maido just watched. Hisayo smacked it away with Kayoko's sword form and Maido tsked within Shuichi's mind. "Again." She said, and Shuichi obeyed. He performed the hand seals and shot forth a barrier of raw ninpou chakra that sprung up beneath Hisayo's feet and caused her to recoil backwards. He did the hand seals again and brought another one up behind her, causing her to bump into it as she stepped back from the first one. Another shot up on her left, then on her right, and she was surrounded on all sides. She pivoted her hips and turned, swinging Kayoko through all of them in once clean strike.

Shuichi performed the hand seals again and brought a barrier up around her all at once, instead of one at a time. "That's better, but there is still room to improve." Maido said within his head.

693/590 D-rank trained

Fundamental Barrier
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Forming the necessary hand seals or channeling, the user will cause a barrier of raw ninpou chakra to spring up within 15 meters of their person, being at most up to 15 meters by 15 meters by 15 meters and materializing at a speed of up to [control] and having a strength of up to [control], then lasting for 5 posts.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Return to “Rock Country”