Meeting the new foundation of Rock

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:07 pm

Chiaki looked at the scroll once more, she was to help train a clan member by the name of “Fukusha” whatever clan that was, and try to teach them some of the basics. She had the scroll held up by her moths, which fluttered near her as she grabbed hold of her hair and tied it up with a hair tie, letting the newly made pony-tail drop to her back as she pulled at the sides, making it a tight-pony rather than a loose-pony. She cracked her neck, moving it from side to side and slipped into her gi, cinching the belt over her goddess garb.

“Wonder what kind of jutsu he knows, and what his capabilities are.” Chiaki started toward the training grounds, she was supposed to be on the lookout for new apprentices that she could take to Kintsugi for training, and any potential that she found here she was supposed to give to Shuichi, the host of Maido. Bounding up to the rooftop with a couple of deft leaps between walls, she walked, graceful as a cat in the early sunlight.

One of the things that she missed was sleep, as an Elemental Body, but the meditation at night helped her maintain some semblance of being normal. Normal, that is, for a Jounin. One of the other ninja of the village that she didn’t recognize waved at her, probably because she was wearing Iwagakure no Sato’s headband now, and she waved back. It was strange, to her, that she fit in so easily here when she had just recently landed from Kumogakure no Sato.

Perhaps it was the spirit that she had helped capture, and perhaps it was the people that she had helped along the way, but she suspected that it was a heaping helping of the Tsuchikage behind her that really made her welcome here. She hopped the short way between roof-tops, enjoying the sun on her silicone skin, and the breeze that filled her synthetic lungs.

Touch-receptors were one of the things that she had been adamant about giving herself and she hadn’t regretted it yet. They allowed her to know when she was in danger, when she was getting too cold or hot, or any number of things. She reached down to pick up a flower that had blown onto the roof, a pretty blue little thing and placed it in her hair before continuing on to the training ground. She wondered what he would look like. She had a general description, and she knew where she was to meet him, “the three rocks in the middle of the grounds” was rather straight-forward, but other than a rough description, she had no idea how old he would be or how much hand-holding he would require.

Their mission? To learn new jutsu if possible and to make him stronger. Her mission? To see if he was worth Kintsugi’s, Iwagakure’s, and her time.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:53 pm

The fine Fukusha rose nice and early that morning. It was a big day for him. He was to meet a kunoichi who was going to be his mentor, potentially anyway. The whole point of the day was to prove to her that he had the potential to become her apprentice. The youth was a little frustrated. He had been given very little information about who she was, none in fact. None, other than her name. Time and place was all he was given. And a part of his young mind could not help but imagine that this was all some sort of an impractical joke played on him by his family. Even though this was not the kind of thing any of his family would engage in.

With his clothes and kit on, he left his clans compound and darted towards the training grounds. As the boy moved through the streets of Iwagakure, he thought about what he was going to say to the kunoichi whom he knew so little about. His options were to start with an introduction, and uphold the cultured ways of his clan. But he did not think this would gain him any points. After all, he was there to show her how skilled he was. And ninjas are stealthy, sneaky, fast. Another option was to deliver a quick attack. One that would show her how good he really was right off the bat. Easy. This task would end quickly and he would be back home in no time.

Slowly he was approaching the area he was suppose to meet his new mentor. He decided it was time to divert, take a route less obvious. Utilising the terrain to his advantage, he would move round to higher ground while trying to remain hidden from view, and as a result from the kunoichi. The way was rough and slow, having to sometimes crawl along to remain hidden, but eventually he was in the right spot to launch his devastating, winning, and deadly attacks. Slowly he peaked over the rock to get a good look at the arena to see exactly where she was. From where he was it was hard to make out what she looked like, but it was enough for his deadly jutsu to meet its target.

Ducking down once again, he waved a string of hand seals, and as he was doing so he gathered chakra in his lungs. This would be the catalyst for his jutsu. The chakra provided the power, but the air would be the medium which gave the jutsu shape and momentum. Once he was ready, he stood up, and in one smooth motion breathed all the air out of his lungs, sending a giant fireball hurling down onto the unfortunate kunoichi.

It all happened so quickly, he had no time to register whether she was still there. But, he had no reason to think otherwise. Afterall, he was a top-tier shinobi of Iwagakure. He had to show her how good he was otherwise he would let down his clan and family.
jutsuShow
Katon: Fireball Technique
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Description: The user will either wave a series of hand seals or channel chakra into their lungs, after which they will breathe out a ball of fire as a three meter long stream that then forms into a fireball that has a 10 meter diameter. The technique has [Control] Speed and Strength. Anyone cought in the technique will be pushed away from the user, unless their strength is higher than the strength of the technique - the push back distance is equal to the difference between users [Control] and the victims [Strength] with the minimum of the size of the technique.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:56 pm

Chiaki was looking around and had not heard the younger shinobi at all, mainly because she hadn’t used any jutsu to do so. She wasn’t a sensory jutsu user, at heart, and she hadn’t the training that she should have had in the field. She was, however, always on alert because of the training that she had from Maido and so when the Fukusha brat that she was supposed to be teaching popped up like some sort of jack in the box, she was rather nettled that he would have the audacity to actually attack his sensei before saying even a hello. She had a description of him, and he had one of her, it seemed. Sighing and closing her eyes she wove a string of hand seals, probably blindingly fast to the kid then pointed at his jutsu, a small grey needle shot from her finger, and the jutsu that he had cast at her didn’t implode, it just ceased to exist altogether.

“Alright, you’ve had your fun.” She wove another set of seals, making a skin-tight silicone barrier under her own clothes, but above her own synthetic skin which would block any more shenanigans that he would try to do while she was getting to know him. She would make him run laps till his lungs collapse-. She stopped and sighed, shaking her head, “Why are all kids like this?” She ran her hand through her silicone hair, the texture was a bit off, but then she realized her fingers were coated with the protective jutsu. Of course it was going to feel off.

“If you don’t come out from behind that boulder, I will have to just extract you from behind it.” She tapped her foot, and tapped her arm, giving him a bit of time to make up his mind on what he was going to do, fire off another jutsu at her, or introduce himself. The choice was his, but she was clearly not in the mood to play with him, and rebounding his jutsu, which had been her first instinct, would have probably caused burns that she would have had to heal. Chiaki would wait, the picture of a motherly sensei, trying to see whether he would come out of his hiding place, or whether she would have to pull him out of it.

Truth be told, she had expected this, she had saved the village from the spirit of the catacombs only last week, but it hadn’t gotten around yet. She was fairly new to the village, and people didn’t know her name, or anything, really, about her except that she was an instant Jounin, a wanderer (or so she had been told to call herself), and had little to no experience about where she was at any given moment in time.

There were rumors, which were true, that she had spent two nights out of doors because she couldn’t find her own apartment and had resorted to running around until she found the kage’s castle and had retraced her steps to get back home. It was a bit embarrassing, but this kid had firmer roots in Iwagakure than she did. Though the jutsu that he had shot off held some promise, she wondered whether or not he had any other tricks up his sleeve, or whether he was a one-trick pony like Hanako was when she had found her to train her.

jutsu usedShow
Erase space: Object [used at 30 strength]
C-rank Jikukan Ninjutsu
The user will do a short series of hand seals, ending with a single finger pointing at a projectile or jutsu of up to 30 meters in diameter and firing off a jikukan pin at [control] speed travelling up to 30 meters. If the jutsu or object has [control-10] strength will disappear from space entirely. If it has [control-9] strength or greater it will disappear for 1 post before resuming its trajectory.

Silicone barrier [used at 50 strength]
D ranked silicone jutsu
The user channels chakra and touches a willing subject or themselves. A paper thin barrier of [control] strength manifests over the target's body for [control/5] posts at [control] speed with [strength] equal to the user's [control].
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:40 pm

When the fireball vanished, the youth did not know how to react. Simply stood there for a moment while he collected himself and processed what had happened. The situation right now seemed not in his favour at all. The kunoichi was obviously in a pretty foul mood. Trying to do the same thing would result in the exact same effect, he knew that. But he did not think she would extend herself to simply erasing him, taijutsu was the answer.

In one smooth motion he leapt from behind the boulder down into the training arena. As he landed on his feet he entered a forward roll to ease the pressure from his legs and to cover some distance, being closer to her would be an obvious advantage for taijutsu.

Once he was in position, the Fukusha places his feet in an ‘L’ shape, shoulder width apart. This was his clan primary fighting style, the Flames of Hatred style. It was an impressive style that lulls the opponent into a false sense of security because of how relaxed the user appears. However in reality, the user is placing extreme pressure on themselves, making them react instinctively to any action taking by the opponent. The results are impressive, but it has a psychological toll due to the pressure placed on the mind and results in psychological fatigue. It may be the reason why Fukusha are the ones utilising this style, thanks to their training of body and mind they can withstand that pressure.

In his relaxed stance he looked over at the amazing kunoichi. Her power was obvious, but Kurai was not going allow his anxieties to show. The training he was out through by his clan taught him to remain cool in any situation, no matter how intimidating the opponent was. He knew that once fear takes over, mistakes are made and that is not something he was going to do. He could not make mistakes now, he wanted her to be his Sensei. And first impression count.

Kurai took a deep breath. ’Sorry Sensei, I wanted to impress you. My name is Kurai, it’s a pleasure to meet you. the words flowed smoothly from his mouth, partly thanks to the mindset he was currently in, partly thanks to the simple desire of wanting to impress her, by skill and by respect.

With that said, he waited for the woman to respond. And as he waited, he gave her a once over. Looking at her as a whole and noticing the details in her clothing and how she behaved. He wanted to know who she was. And understanding her was the key to this.
JutsuShow
~Flames of Hate • Walking Stance
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
The Fukusha will pair their feet in an L stance, and have a casual movement to them despite their mind being on edge. This stance is typically used to lull opponents into thinking the user is relaxed as their feet are paired shoulder width apart, and knees slightly bent for immediate leverage when needed. While moving the user will typically keep their body on edge as if to react out of instinct to dodge, parry, or block any incoming attacks. In this stance the users keep their torso up straight.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:32 pm

Chiaki moved in toward the child as he apologized, “It’s fine, I did much the same when I was your age, I was overeager and wanted to show my sensei what I could do. Not that it really mattered, she was much stronger than I was, so I couldn’t even catch her unawares.” She moved toward him with a doctor’s step, that is, it was a hurried, clinical, professional walk. She moved, her feet always shoulder width apart and channeled chakra into her eyes, she would be able to perceive, now, with the help of her Jikukan, everything about this child.

Child, she was able to see, he was, for he had to be at least ten but not older than thirteen. He had medium hair, for a boy, and it covered his forehead, which could be a disadvantage should someone be above him or should he be facing the ground in battle. More to come about that later she supposed, he reminded her of the dead Fukusha that she had transplanted the eye out of before, and wondered whether or not this child would have the same fate as the head. Focusing on the minute details, she could gather that he had snuck up on her from the wear on his clothing and also the dirt on his palms and knees. She could tell that he was a level-headed combatant, from the way that he had set up the field of battle from just the get-go.

She could tell that he was a bit arrogant, from the L-shaped stance that he had taken. She could tell that he was still tense, the strain in his neck, the way that his body moved, everything about it looked like an attempt at being relaxed, but in reality being a coiled spring, she had better put his mind at rest at least, so that she didn’t scare the poor Genin.

“I am Kyoukan, Chiaki, your sensei at least for today. You can see if you like me well enough to call me that, but for now you can call me Chiaki-senpai or some other thing that gives me the respect I am due without being too formal. You must be the-” She broke off, searching her mind for the clan name that she was given. It meant relatively little to her what clan he was from, as long as he was a fast learner and didn’t try to pull any stunts without her prior consent, “Fukasho? clan member.” She ended, it didn’t sound right, but then again she didn’t know anything about the clan besides what the note had said.

For all of her training, she still lacked the worldly knowledge, not even knowing who was in the bingo-book, nor whether or not she was there either. She was a Jounin in privilege, but she might as well have been a Genin or even lower in knowledge about the outside world. As of right now, that included Iwagakure no Sato.

She channeled some chakra into her megallium bones, and it shot out of her, a harmless pulse which told her exactly how many people were in a 160 meter radius, along with magnetizing them. It was a simple technique because it was one that she had been perfecting. She could tell the location of any person within that radius without having to see them, or any prior knowledge.
jutsu used/trainedShow
[Sensory Style • Jikiton pulse]
S rank ninjutsu
Prerequisites: 35 control, Jikiton concentration
The user sends out a pulse of Jikiton, hitting anything within a 160 meter radius, it magnetizes it and allows for the user to pinpoint the exact location of objects within that location. This only gives a range from the user and magnetizes the things around the area, it does not assess anything more specific than these. This can be thwarted by a ‘discharge’ at 35 or more control. This lasts until the user moves outside of that 160 meter radius.
“Let me have a look at you while I go over the basics for today.” She started, once she had received his name, which was probably as important to him as being a Kyoukan was important to her own identity. Her eyes flashed a bright yellow as she studied him, looking deep into his core, his chakra network, and assessing whether or not he had the potential to be an apprentice, or whether he would be better off studying under the tutelage of someone like Shinjiro, a master of stealth, weaponry, Taijutsu, and genjutsu.
jutsu used/trainedShow
[Sensory Style • Chakra network assessment]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: 10 Control
First performing handseals, this sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to assess how strong a chakra network is, if it glows a bright color. The brighter this color is, which is dependent upon the subject, the more powerful they are. This only measures Chakra Pool and Chakra Control, it does not give a sense of any other stats.
“We will start today off with a light training,” She began, taking a lazy defensive stance, “I would very much like it if you were to try to attack me, so that I can assess your speed. You don’t need to hold anything back. Try out new jutsu if you have them, but always let me know when you are about to begin, so that I don’t take it as a threat. I will do the same for you if I need to test your capabilities.” She took a defensive stance, which looked clumsy and ill-trained to anyone with an eye for Taijutsu, but she continued to stare at him, her eyes taking in every movement, every hair that blew this way and that, her ears took in every heart beat, every breath. She was now fully on guard.

“Let’s make this a challenge, actually. If you can manage to get rid of my Silicone barrier that is surrounding my skin as you can see, then I will treat you to something to eat.” She grinned, her golden eyes looking like those of a large cat, almost completely dilated, only seeing him. Of course her Jikiton told her that he was exactly three meters off, a hair’s breadth for someone like her, because she knew that was the distance that someone needed to be in for them to be dangerous to her. For all of her training, she was still fragile.
jutsu used, previously trainedShow
Tighten time: Omniscience [used by Chiaki on herself]
S-rank Jikukan Ninjutsu
The user will perform a series of hand seals and then touch a willing person. That person will have gained the effects of heightened perception, being able to perceive things as if they were moving slower. This does not increase the speed of the recipient, but does give them the advantage of being able to react to situations as quickly as a Taijutsu specialist. This technique makes the user able to see slashes that would normally elude their senses, and catch even the slightest of movements, twitches, or glances. This jutsu lasts for up to eight posts.
~~My characters~~

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:40 am

Kurai was pretty impressed with the kunoichi. The was sharp and definitive. There was no playing around with her. He was not keen about the fact she got the name of his clan wrong, even if it is by a little. He had to figure out a way of telling her the correct pronunciation without upsetting her, she was a kunoichi after all and they a prone to getting upset by the slightest of things.

So he patiently waited until after she finished speaking. The lot, he waited while still in his fighting stance. This was a day of testing, and he was going to try his best to end up her apprentice. The current mission was to attack her, and the challenge was to destroy some sort of skin layer of hers or something. Kurai was not sure, the stance he was in placed a lot of pressure on his mind and so he sometimes found it hard to concentrate of anything other than the danger a target was.

Once she finished speaking, it was time to break his silence. ’I love a challenge, Senpai. By the way, it’s Fukusha. Clan Fukusha.’ He said calmly as he adopted a rather soft look in his face. He did not want to offend her in anyway, but he could not allow her to get the wrong name for his clan, it would be embarrassing. And some of the members of the clan may even find it offensive, placing her well-being in danger. That is not what he wanted. But with that cleared up, it was time to begin his attack. At this range he would have to try his luck with hand to hand combat. Ninjutsu would be something he would go into later on. But for now utilising the distance between them would be his main focus.

With that in mind, he pressed with his forward foot, propelling him forwards as he extended his leading hand in an attempt to tinkly jab her in the face. As he did this, he casually informed her that he was going to attack her. Hopefully this was enough to make her aware, and prevent her from assuming he is a threat. Although he would not be able to fight her with maximum effort, if he personally did not think she was a threat. A slight double-sided sword, but he had to work with what he had.

As he carried out his initial attack, he was already thinking of how he could continue his movement and maximise the potential of hitting her. So, his rear arm quickly extended in an attempt to smack her solar plexus and hopefully wind the kunoichi. If that attack was successful, Kurai would rapidly raise his knee to meet her face as the usual reaction to a solar plexus strike was to bend forwards, opening up the face for an easy attack. Although Kurai did not hold much hope. This woman was probably more than double his age. She must have had plenty of experience with such simple attacks such as these. The only thing that may give him an edge in this fight was his speed, which for someone his age, was pretty impressive.

[ +1 Speed Training]
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:30 am

Chiaki made a mental note of the clan's actual name. She wasn't a local here, so why should she know. She had also never met a Fukusha in the wilds, so she had no understanding of what this clan was capable of, nor what their specialties were. From what she could tell, however, this kid was going to make an alright ninja, by himself, but with a little tutelage from the right person (meaning not Chiaki) he could shape up to be the next Tsuchikage.

"Alright I am ready." Chiaki said as he announced that he was going to attack her. She saw him launch his first attack, a fist aimed at her face. She turned so that it wouldn't crumple her nose, and the thin skin-like layer quivered, the blow had been negated completely, leaving no damage to it whatsoever. It was one of the specialties of silicone, to deal with hand to hand combat and blows. It would dampen even the toughest blows from the most well-known shinobi, and she thought that even Shinjiro, who she considered to be the best hand to hand combatant she had seen thusfar, would have a hard time dealing with it.

her butterflies hummed about her, not attacking, but also sensing a threat. She sent them a quick command to start using the pheromones that she used to calm or enrage people. These were meant to give a little kick to the punches that he threw. She saw the next attack before it happened, A fist to her solar plexus. It was going to attempt to wind her, and he had no reason not to believe that she was an elemental body. She played along, reacting like he expected, though she didn't lose her breath, which should have been a sign to him that his attack had not worked. She did, however lean forward enough for him to grab her head, bringing him down for what would have been a finishing blow on another genin, a knee to the face.

'Impressive for one so young.' She thought as she jerked her head down, faster than he was bringing it down, bringing her head out of his hands and she collided with her forehead against his knee. The silicone did its work again, the blow was completely negated, but at that speed and strength, the leg would probably be sent back behind him. She chuckled as she moved, dipping even lower to the ground before pushing him away, hopefully knocking him off balance with the shove. It was good to be able to test his capabilities, but if he didn’t take it seriously, if he didn’t put every ounce of strength into this, then it would be a waste of time. How strong were genin? She took a wild guess and thought up a slightly devious plan.

"You're going to need to get angry, and use something to get through this shield." She, quick as lightning jumped back a meter or two and wove some hand seals and chains erupted from the ground, attempting to bind him with minimal strength. "And I am not going to just stand here. Come get me little Fukusha." She made a ‘come hither’ motion with her hand and grinned at the boy. She didn’t really think that he would be able to hit her hard enough with his fists, but perhaps he would be enraged enough by her pheromones, the ones from her butterflies, to go on the offensive. That, and the chains surrounding him, she hoped would be enough to get his goat.

damage readout:Show
The silicone barrier has sustained no damage due to the absorbing effect of the silicone element. has 150 strength left in it (was used at 50 strength)

if Chiaki's forehead collides with the knee, it'll be at 15 strength with 30 speed, though it shouldn't hurt him, she doesn't really know the upper limits of his strength.
silicone passiveShow
Silicone Style techniques have a Absorbing effect. Silicone naturally dampens anything it comes into contact with, which allows it to lessen the physical damage that this technique takes, enhancing the target's ability to endure damage and strengthening them substantially. Silicone produced by these techniques must cover at least a significant portion of the area of effect (~40%) of the jutsu it's interacting with to be effective. Silicone is unaffected by the Jikiton passive. Silicone is naturally strong versus fire, bludgeoning Taijutsu, Suiton, and Raiton damage. Silicone is weak against piercing, slashing, fuuton, and Kuuton damage. Damage done by slashing Taijutsu, piercing Taijutsu, fuuton and Kuuton damage renders the passive useless. Below is a table detailing the maximum absorbing properties of the silicone, based on the Strength of the technique:
1-14 Strength Requirement: Absorbs 1/8th total [control] damage before being affected by physical attacks
15-24 Strength Requirement: Absorbs 1/6th total [control] damage before being affected by physical attacks
25-34 Strength Requirement: Absorbs 1/4th total [control] damage before being affected by physical attacks
35+ Strength Requirement: Absorbs 1/2 total [control] damage before being affected by physical attacks
jutsu used/trainedShow

Butterfly Pheromones • Releaser pheromone: Anger
C-Rank butterfly pheromone jutsu
The butterflies that Chiaki controls release pheromones that travel at [synch] speed from their bodies, up to 30 meters from their main mass. These pheromones have no physical substance, but travel around corners, in cracks, and fill the available space. If the subject(s) breathe these in, they have a behavioral response to the primer Pheromone to engage with the nearest outside stimulus with anger. This anger can be counteracted if a subject has a [willpower] equal to the [synch]-5 used for this technique.

[above used at 50 speed/strength of tech.]

Doton • Chains
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a set of chains that extends upward from a point up to 15 meters out from their person. These erupt from the ground and attempt to bind their opponent with [control] strength in every link. This can create up to 15 meters in length for the chain itself, with up to [controlx10] links in the chain. When this jutsu wraps around the target, the links fuse to any other links created by this jutsu before retaining their strength for up to 5 posts.

[above technique used at 50 speed, 8 strength to test his strength]
~~My characters~~

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:48 pm

Calling Chakis reaction to the attack a surprise was an understatement. Everything went exactly how Kurai had planned it. He was not expecting everything to work out, he had realised that she must have been simply toying with him. This had annoyed the youth. He knew the skill level between them was immense, but seeing your efforts amount to nothing hurt, regardless of the skill difference. And when her face connected with his knee, it seemed to have done more damage to him than it had done to him. He had managed to restrain himself for calling out in pain, but the damage was there, and his leg felt dead for a moment. Dodging whatever she had planned was not an option.

Ever since the butterflies had appeared, he began feeling angry. Angry at her any anything else that was in his way. But the restraints that had shot out of the ground had made it hard for him to do anything other than struggle against them. He could feel the slightly movement when he put all his strength into breaking them, he knew that eventually they would go. And so, he clenched his fists and began pulling against them with all his strength. ’AAARGH!’ he called out at the top of his voice as the shackles shattered from his strength and he was once again free. This time, enraged. Although this rage was evident, he was still able to process what was going on. His knee was still in pain, and he knew it was best for him to limit his movements for the time being. Especially that it seemed to have the opposite of a desired effect.

Instead it was time to bring in a move that would most likely have so effect, and it would be very unlikely that it would back fire on him like Taijutsu did. With his feet firmly planted in the ground, the youth waved the same seals he had waved before, but this time he would concentrate on increasing the jutsus power and reducing speed. At this range, it should be enough for her to be caught in the technique. A moment later, after rapidly performing hand seals at his highest speed, he took a deep breath and exhaled a fireball of equal dimensions as last time, but the power was higher than before. The technique spread out from him covering a a vast area, hopefully pushing her away, but he did not have his hopes high. The limitations of the technique were known to him. But with the jutsu expelled, he jumped back while reaching into his pouch, from which he pulled out two explosive tags that were attached to a kunai. Immediately he would hurl them towards the woman, while the fireball was was still obscuring her vision. He would detonate then once they were in range to cause damage to her. Hopefully enough to cause enough damage for the attack to be noticeable.

Once this had been carried out, he took a knee and had a short breather while he watched the effects of his attack unfold.
JutsuShow
Katon: Fireball Technique
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Description: The user will either wave a series of hand seals or channel chakra into their lungs, after which they will breathe out a ball of fire as a three meter long stream that then forms into a fireball that has a 10 meter diameter. The technique has [Control] Speed and Strength. Anyone cought in the technique will be pushed away from the user, unless their strength is higher than the strength of the technique - the push back distance is equal to the difference between users [Control] and the victims [Strength] with the minimum of the size of the technique. [str 15 spd 10]

Kunai moving at 10 spd
[Speed training +1]
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:11 am

Chiaki held up a hand to the fireball, now was the time to test the capabilities of her jutsu’s defenses. The flames licked in the area around her, torched her surroundings and threw back rocks and debris from the blast. It was almost all that she could do to hold her ground as it exploded around her. After the initial attack, she looked rather impressed, only to be even more surprised, and proud that he had come up with such a plan.

The kunai dug into her silicone barrier, nicking her skin, but not breaking the overall jutsu, before she put her arms down at her sides, the concussive force of the tags exploded in both directions, creating an even bigger explosion.” She patted herself down, making sure that the flames were out from both attacks before clapping her hands, grinning at him, “Good job, another couple of attacks like that, and this barrier will be shredded.”

She showed him the places where the kunai had pierced, “As you can see, even the strongest of barriers have weaknesses, mine are no different.” Now, she thought, to make him a bit more angry with me, so that he shows me what he can do with a weapon. Wonder if he’s a sword user, a spear user or-. Her thoughts trailed off as she conjured a sword, tossed it at him with reckless abandon, then conjured a spear, a kunai, a hammer, and an axe, all of these she tossed at him one by one, aiming at him, but not really caring whether or not he caught them, dodged them, or they struck him. She was using some force, but not enough to seriously hurt the child.

“Show me your thought process now, show me your reasoning skills.” He would make a fine addition to Iwagakure, sure, but now was the chance to see if he had the mental chops for Kintsugi.
jutsu trained/usedShow
Kouton • Weapon Creation
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will channel chakra into their hands, manifesting one to five weapons of up to 1 meter in length into them. These have [control] strength and last up to 6 posts after they are made.

[used at 50 control, then tossed at 4 strength and speed at him]
~~My characters~~

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:10 pm

Kurai watched as his attacks had enveloped the kuoichi. Apparently his initial attack stuck, and to his surprise the follow up attacks of kunai with the exploding tags had also made its mark. A smile appeared on his face, but he knew this bout was far from over.

A moment later she had emerged from the ball of fire as it dissipated. His attacks were coordinated well enough that she even paid him a compliment, this was a big motivational boost and he had already began plotting his next attack. But to his surprise she went to the extent of showing him where his attacks had made the most damage. Her techniques weakness was apparently sharp objects along with ninjutsu. This was something he could work with. Kenjutsu was one of his favourite ways of fighting, even if he was very novice at it.

She requested to see his thought process as she conjured up a set of weapons. Luckily for him, a sword. This was definitely going to be his primary weapon for this next move. But when she tossed the remaining weapons, he used the sword to block the incoming spear, but the kunai was rather sneaky and manage to scrape against his leg, making a slight gash. It was not anything he hadn’t had before.

With all these weapons at his disposal, he had to make a plan. Not utilising his creation, which he was very impressed by, would be a waste. So he looked at the spear which had landed to his right. The kunai that has cut his leg was a few feet behind him, and the sword was held firmly by his hand. Kurai decided that the spear and sword would be the tools for the next attack. Use the spear to cause her to move backwards, and once she was overwhelmed, he would come in with the sword, slashing by and hacking away at he protective Jutsu.

He grabbed the sword with his left hand, and dashed forwards. The first move would cosiest of a horizontal swing at the full range of the spear aimed for he face. Trying to time it correctly, as the spear would move past her eyes, regardless of whether it connected, he would lunge forwards and deliver a stabbing attack to abdomen. Seeing the result of the kunai, a stab from a weapon of this calibre would hopefully deliver better results, but he would have to find out.

Once these moves had been carried out, he would move away from her. Now he wanted to see her reaction and evaluate it. Attacking rashly and without any thought would only wear him out. Surprise attacks seemed to work, but doing same thing over and over again would it achieve anything as she had already seen that move. He had to remain unpredictable. And unpredictably came from spontaneity. This was something he could do, he just needed to understand her more, and he would do so by paying attention to her behaviour while under attack.

[Endurance +1 501/500]
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:00 pm

Chiaki watched as he caught the sword, parried the spear and didn’t see the kunai. Interesting, so his perception skills were a bit lacking, but she couldn’t fault him for that. After all, he was fresh out of the Academy. She did want to see what he did with the weapons, and what his style of fighting was. She dodged out of the way, the spear catching her across the bridge of the nose slightly, not enough to do any real damage, and then came the sword. She could dodge it, if she wanted to, but decided to stress test the Silicone again. She hadn’t had this much testing done on her jutsu since… well, ever.

It was a good thing that she tested it too, as the sword dug into her, she felt the silicone bow and ripple, the sword dug about two millimeters before it stopped completely. She looked and it had been nicked, again, like the kunai had done. She nodded, so piercing was effective, but the barrier would still hold hmm? Good to know that she couldn't’ be poisoned by contact poison with weapons if it didn’t break through the barrier.

“That stung a little bit. But you’re still a ways away from breaking the barrier down. Do you have any other techniques that you want to test out?” She asked, gathering herself up again and rolling her neck as if to try to pop it. She remembered, a little after the fact, that she wasn’t human anymore, and therefore couldn’t really ‘pop’ her neck as satisfying as it would have been to do it in a boastful way at the genin.

She wove some hand seals and wanted to test his mettle, his nerve as it were. “If you don’t take this seriously soon. I might have to just tell the Tsuchikage that you had an accident.” She placed her hands behind her and a huge hammer manifested, with a head that was ten meters cubed. She couldn’t possibly wield it with the strength that she had, but it was an intimidation tactic. Besides, she hadn’t channeled that much chakra into it, only giving it about a tenth of the strength of the weapons that he currently wielded.

Chiaki grinned wickedly, her eyes flashing red, showing off the Jikukan jutsu once more as she read his every movement, tried to gauge whether there was hesitation or resolve, whether he would balk or resolve himself to the task of breaking her barrier.
jutsu trained:(416/300 words)Show

[created at 5 strength, not swung yet.]
Kouton • Gigaton Hammer
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will channel chakra into their hands, creating a massive hammer behind them of up to 30 meters in length with a head roughly 10 meters cubed. The user then aims at the victim and stomps the ground, creating a steel beam beneath the hammer that moves it in a semi-circle, swung above their head like an axe that brings the hammer crashing down at [control] speed and strength. This semi-circle smash can be repeated a number of times equal to [control/5] or until the hammer degrades.
barrier strength left with damage calculationShow
55 str from the barrier left.

125 from initial barrier.
-10 from the fireball (weak to silicone)
-15 from each explosive tag
-10 from each kunai
-10 from the sword stab.
~~My characters~~

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:58 pm

The attack worked… somewhat. But it was not enough to destroy the layer of protection the kunoichi had. The is was becoming a little troublesome. And he was definitely not able to pull out techniques out of thin air. He would simply have to continue the onslaught until the barrier broke. But there was an issue. The giant hammer she was holding. Offensive, and defensive tool for her to use at her slightest whim. He would have to move at his highest speed and utilise any and all skill that he had. This would be harder than before. But this trial would, hopefully, bring great rewards in the future.

His through process had to change, the task was simple. Simply destroy her barrier. But the giant hammer would complicate this simple task. Wit would be his friend, and with the sword in his right hand he would begin his attack. The giant hammer is usually a double edged sword, or any tool that obscures the users field of vision. And Kurai would use this to his advantage. With a smooth motion, he would lunge forwards and jump into the air to make it look like has was coming in for an aerial attack, and in reality he was, but also was going to utilise the remainder of his explosive tags.

His left hand moved to his hip pouch and withdrew the remaining explosive tags. But before he launched them he would initiate the first sword strike, hopefully causing her to use her hammer to block the attack. If that is what happened, he would utilise the moment when their weapons connected to launch the explosive tags in a triangular formation around the kunoichi, causing them to explode immediately while he was still in the air. He would bring his knees close to his body to protect his vital organs in case he was within the blast radius. He knew he could have combined this attack with substitution Jutsu to ensure he did not get hurt in any way, but he would not have the time to prepare the Jutsu and keep her from figuring out what was happening. A moment later, he would land on the ground and roll away from her, with his eyes fixed on her position he would stand up to see whether his attack was successful.

This fight had made him realise that he had a lot of work to do. His lack of Jutsu was proving to be troublesome, there was only so many things he could do in this situation. Knowing that he would have to expand his knowledge of techniques, and generally improving his skills have him a lot to think about. Like figuring out new ways of attacking. The range of fighters he would come across would be great, and he would be able to adapt to any situation. So from now on he would not only invest time in bettering his physical skills, but also increasing his arsenal of Jutsu and even weaponry.

[Endurance Training +1 501/500]
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:35 pm

Chiaki kicked the ground, sending the hammer into the air and let it fall when it reached its Zenith, the giant thing planting itself in the ground, providing cover for the attack that was to come. The sword hit the hammer with a dull ‘ting!’ noise that reverberated through the air.

Then the explosion hit, rocked her from all sides and she shielded her face from the explosion. The silicone sloughed off in pieces, and she nodded to him appreciating his skill in figuring out the puzzle of how to get to her without getting within range of the hammer. The hammer itself, the strength gone from the explosions, flaked away, leaving a mound of inert metal.

“Good, I would even say great!” Chiaki beamed and walked up to the lad, the rest of the barrier sloughing off of her as she extended a hand, “Let’s go get something to eat, my treat. Oh.” She picked out a little something from her bag and showed it to him, “here, you may want to eat this, it’ll help with your wounds. It’s called a ‘senzu bean’. It means hermit bean. Apparently the hermits used to survive only on one bean and a little rain water a day. Or that’s what Theraveda had told me.”

jutsu usedShow
Tabe Mono Iijutsu: Senzu bean
B ranked Tabe Mono Iijutsu
Requires Tabe Mono Iijutsu concentration, Requires Mystical Palm Technique
The user takes one post to produce up to three beans. The higher the user’s control, the softer the bean is, and tastier. This bean, when consumed, stimulates regeneration in the person consuming said bean. This technique allows its consumer to heal wounds quickly and efficiently. After focusing chakra into his/her wound after consuming, the wound will begin to regenerate and heal over until there's no remnant of it ever being there.
Wound Type25-30 Control31-45 Control46+ Control
Minor1 post½ postImmediate
Moderate1 post½ postImmediate
Extensive2 posts1 post1 post
Critical3 posts2 posts1 post
~~My characters~~

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:19 am

The youth smiled as he saw the barrier she had placed over her skin peel off of her. This was not a very interesting fight, especially for her, and he knew this. This fight had shown him exactly how much he had to improve before he was any good for anything. Fighting people of her level was beyond him, for now he would use opportunities such as this one to learn.

A few moments later after he had composed himself after the attack. The boy approached the kunoichi with a smile in his face. An invite for food sounded great. Recovering some energy was exactly what he needed right now. But suddenly, he was thrown some sort of a bean, and the short explanation that followed was bizarre and hard to believe. But he would not deny it, if he died, he died. The youth was full of hope that he would not, but knew there was always the possibility, after all he knew very little of this person.

The so-called Senju bran entered his mouth, and he chewed it carefully before swallowing. He was not sure of the taste, it was different, but as soon as he began chewing he felt healthier than he did the mere moments ago. With a surprised look on his face he looked over at the kunoichi - ’Thats interesting… and sure! I’d love some food with you! Where are you thinking?’ - the youth said with a smile on his face. The senzu bean worked wonders, and for a brief moment he thought the bean should become known as the miracle bean.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:22 pm

"Ah, I was thinking that we could just wander, somewhere in the village would be best, I always enjoy the Enkouten cuisine." Chiaki smiled, looking up at the sun, so it didn't take all that long for him to break her barriers. Good for him, bad for her. She would have to remedy that later on.

"So tell me about yourself on the way, and I'll try to do the same. There are some things that I would rather not talk about, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." She patted the genin on the shoulder and went over to her own pack, tossed it onto her back and started towards the smells of food. Her butterflies trailed behind her lazily lapping up the sun's rays.
~~My characters~~

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:17 am

Kurai smiled and nodded. He was open to all kinds of cuisines, and Enkouten sounded pretty good, at leas in the name. The teen understood when the woman said there were things she did not want to talk about. Why would she? They have just met and asking her to tell him everything about herself would be just silly. Kurai was the same, although he did not really have anything specific that he wanted to hide from her. He was young, and had not done much in terms of his shinobi career, but hopefully that would change. He followed the kunoichi, letting her pick the place to eat.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Return to “Rock Country”