[Chuunin Exams]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:39 pm

With an explosion of smoke, each Team arrived in a massive arena put together in collaboration of each village. An extraordinary landscape filled with nature's beauty stretched far and wide, an expansive tapestry woven with wild elements. As each of them stepped forward, their vision would be greeted by a mesmerizing sight: a vast expanse of tall grasses, their emerald blades swaying in the gentle embrace of the wind. The very air seems to hum with vitality, carrying the earthy scent of soil and the faint perfume of flowers that bloom among the verdure.

Dappled sunlight filtered through the canopy of ancient trees above them, casting intricate patterns of light and shadow upon the lush ground below. The forests that encircle the arena are a haven for a myriad of creatures, their songs and calls creating a symphony that harmonizes with the whispering leaves. Towering oaks, graceful willows, and majestic redwoods stand as stoic guardians, their roots entwined with the stories of generations past. Tranquil ponds and babbling brooks punctuate the landscape, inviting weary travelers to pause and reflect amidst the tranquil chorus of nature.

At the very heart of this living canvas stands a monument of awe-inspiring grandeur: an ancient temple. Rising from the earth like a guardian of secrets, the temple boasts a stunning fusion of architectural prowess and natural wonder. Carved from ethereal stone that seems to shimmer in the ever-changing light, its towering spires reach towards the heavens, adorned with intricate carvings depicting scenes of life, growth, and harmony. A sense of reverence and wonder washes over those who approach, as if the temple holds within its walls a connection to the very essence of the world.

The interior is a hallowed sanctuary, bathed in a soft, mystical glow that spills through stained glass windows depicting the cycle of seasons. The air is scented with ancient incense, and the sound of a distant waterfall adds a soothing rhythm to the space. Within the temple, a sacred grove of trees stretches skyward, their branches interwoven to form a natural dome above an altar of polished stone. It is here that participants would find their prize.

Blue Team posts first
Yellow Team posts second
Red Team posts third

Kiri-Iwa

Red Team:
  • Shigeko
  • Maho
  • Shuichi
Blue Team:
  • Rei
  • Nozomi
  • Li
Yellow Team:
  • Kotori
  • Setsuna
  • Kotetsu
Last edited by Niro on Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:40 pm

It was time, finally! The Chuunin exams were here, and they were in the clear! Yukari, Rei had put her name in for entrance and been accepted, eagerly awaiting this day for some time now. Giddy with excitement, the young kunoichi from the rock village made her way toward the exam waiting area, eager for the exams to begin. She was in her usual attire, strapped to the teeth with Ku embedded in her eye socket.

Poof! A plume of smoke surrounded her and she was whisked away to an open field. In front of her were many trees, and there were two other individuals nearby her as well. "Well hello there! I am Yukari, Rei, I suppose we will be teammates!" Rei said with a grin, her tone being all too excited and way too happy for someone that they had just met. "Let's get going, time is of the essence!" Rei said to the two of them with a tone of confidence, and withdrew her sword from its storage, allowing Katanabreaker to materialize into her hand from its storage fuuinjutsu.

As the three of them began walking into the trees, Rei asked the two of them, "So, what are your specialties? Anything I should know about?" In the distance she could see some water, she wondered if there was anything in it, and threw a stone into it out of boredom as they walked.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Sinpoder

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sinpoder » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:09 pm

Well it looks like the Chunnin Exams were finally here. Li spent some time training for this, but not nearly as much as he should have given the fact that he was completely outclassed by his two team-mates. One of them was a walking biological weapon and the other was faster and stronger then Li could dream of being anytime soon. Well atleast this was going to be an easy enough mission then, assuming that none of his opponents had high level Charka sensory abilities, if they did then Li might be in a world of hurt. As he walked next to them, he was asked what he was good at before saying " Stealth mostly. I have very little useful other abilities then that, if someone does have Charka sensory then my skills in that are worthless. "

Li simply shrugged as he began to use the techniques he knew, moving as quietly as possible and moving between cover to show his ability.
Justu UsedShow
[Coverage]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
The user has learned how to make the most effective use of their environment to avoid being seen and detected. This allows the user to effectively conceal themselves and blend into an environment with minimal effort, increasing their effectiveness at hiding in mist, water, ice, foliage, behind terrain, and so forth.

[Quiescence]
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
The user has learned to move in total silence, and does not produce any sound when moving through any means. They cannot be heard unless a person listening for them has a specialized hearing technique of equal or higher rank.

Kaitos10

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:02 pm

Nozomi had gotten a lot stronger since the pebble festival and was now mid c rank in strength she also had a lot more jutsu she could use. She was determined to do well here to get praise from her father and prove that she deserved her spot in the pebble rankings.

After a cloud of smoke dissipated and she was in the arena with two others she would hear one of them she didn’t recognize speak to her so she replies casually “nice to meet you too I’m Karagata Nozomi“ she would then nod and then activate a blood armor jutsu as she watched Rei summon a sword she would then follow Yukari Rei when she mentioned getting moving though the girl named Rei was far faster then she was so she had to walk faster then normal just to keep up.

When asked the question she would say “I specialize in ninjutsu and poisons and similar things I also have a large variety of sensory jutsu as well as some stealth jutsu.”

Meanwhile using her taijutsu sensory techniques to check for nearby people or threats

“jutsu used”Show

Immortal Aegis
B ranked chiton ninjutsu
This jutsu creates a set of armor at control speed and has control strength that covers the user from head to toe. The Armor looks like the same type of armor that samurai wore. The faceplate on the armor looks like a typical oni mask. The mask still manages to provide the same range of vision someone without the mask would have while a chiton barrier prevents the user from having to sacrifice protection for visibility. The joints in the armor are covered in a chiton membrane that acts like stretchy fabric while still providing the same protection as the rest of the armor. Finally the armor enhances the Chiton passive to the point that it can repair itself at control speed.

[Vibration Sense]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Perception]
Becoming finely attuned with his sense of touch and even his ability to hear low frequencies Shinji had developed the ability to feel vibrations extremely acutely. He can detect the slightest movements within a 15-meter radius of himself through solid surfaces, 25 meters if standing on water or within mist or rain and a 10-meter radius from the air itself. From this he can detect the size anything moving around him and their direction as well as approximate weight. This is only effective on moving targets.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Valkier

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Valkier » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:49 am

Hachiya Kotori took the field with an eager smile. Her teammates and she had progressed rapidly, to already be standing together here in an exam field, and she was glad to be partnered with them as opposed to strangers. She didn't know how well she would hold up against opponents one-on-one, given that most spars she'd had with Setsuna and Kotetsu had gone in their favour, but hopefully their familiarity and co-ordination as a group would make up for any disparity in strength.

The arena appeared to be one of dense foreboding forests interspersed with grassy paths and fields, but she could see nothing particularly noteworthy from where they entered. She crouched, making herself a smaller figure to spot, and scanned the nearby treelines while waiting for her comrades to get their bearings. She was on guard, but didn't want to over-exert herself from the very beginning. This exam had an objective, she remembered. She had to fight her initial instinct to go running off to find a fight.

"How d'you guys wanna do this?" She asked her teammates. She had learned to trust their input. "There's no telling who or what is out there. You think we can make a run for the temple? Or should we find another team and try hit 'em?"
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:42 am

It seemed all of their training and struggling hadn't been for naught. The trio had trained their hearts out in preparation for the exams and were hoping to put on a good showing at the very least. Kotetsu stood tall as they took the field and his eyes glanced around the field on guard for any would be assailants. Satisfied they were alone, he further took in the scenery. A dense forested arena woven with tall grass and visibly denser areas of brush.

"I'm not sure if we're fast enough to beat everyone to the temple. Plus, if we did get there first, we might have to fight everyone rather than just one team. On the other hand, hitting a team early means we might get hurt early." Kotetsu's mind immediately flashed back to losing his arm and he brushed it off as he continued on. "I think we take it slow, cautious. Let other teams fight and pick off the stragglers. We don't know the competition and we have to extract the completed scroll too. Best to save our full strength for that last stretch, I think." He finished as he looked to Setsuna, ready to follow wherever she lead them as Team Leader for this exam.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kao

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kao » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:01 pm

When she first met her teammates, Setsuna would never have dreamed that she would find herself in her current position. Their journeys and misadventures had led to the kunoichi finding her feet firmly planted in the position of the leader of Team 7, and through their collective growth she found that, to her surprise, she was quite suited for the role. "My thoughts exactly," she said to Kotetsu, who stood to her right. "Our goal is the scroll pieces. We don't know anything about the other teams, so it's better if we're careful." With that she began to move, motioning for her teammates to follow.

From their position they didn't see much besides tall grass and trees. They headed toward the edge of a forest, dense and dark and impossible to see through to the other side. Nothing stood out, and there wasn't any immediate sign of enemy shinobi or any other threat. The birds and bugs were strangely loud in the area around them, suggesting there wasn't anything dangerous nearby that the wildlife could sense. Probably. But to the north of their position, Setsuna could make out the sound of someone yelling at another person. It seemed to be only one voice, and she couldn't make out any discernible words. The kunoichi motioned for her teammates to be as quiet as possible, then jabbed her thumb in the direction of the yelling and shook her head. Not that way, she indicated.

They continued on. Setsuna, in preparation, formed a set of seals. Without a doubt, they would soon need a better idea of what was in their surroundings. Her chakra surged and the girl kept her eyes and ears peeled.
Prepared JutsuShow
*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: 10 Control
First performing handseals, this sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 35 meters. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of a 10m radius. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.
Last edited by Kao on Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Kabu

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kabu » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:15 pm

The time had finally come for the Chuunin Exams and Maho was feeling about as ready as she possibly could be. She had worked overtime to prepare and she felt as if she had achieved some great results, growing stronger and learning a good number of new jutsu. It was finally time to see if her hard work was going to truly pay off and she wouldn't be alone in this endeavor. The participants in the exam had all been sorted into teams and while she had of course been put with a pair older than herself that honestly only made her more excited rather than nervous.

That in mind she turned towards her teammates as they made their way through the forest. "We were briefly introduced earlier but once again, I am Fukusha Maho. I specialize in supporting from a distance, I can fight up close if I have to but I'm much better suited for fighting at a distance. I can also make use of basic Sensory." she spoke, pushing aside some vines as she did. It was imperative that they at least get an idea of each other's capabilities now before they came across anyone else and had to fight.

With that said she turned her attention back to the path ahead, frowning as she saw a pale green tint shining not too far off in the distance. "What is that...?" she asked, soon receiving an answer as the group came across a pool of water, shimmering green due to its surroundings.

"Whoa... it's so pretty." she couldn't help but mutter in awe at the sight of the crystal clear water. "This seems like a good spot to regroup if we ever run into any trouble or get separated." she turned towards the leader of the group, clearly showing deference but also not being afraid to speak her mind. "This also seems like a good spot to stop and think about our next course of action. What should we do from here though?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Izanagi

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Izanagi » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:42 am

As excited as she had been for the Chunin exams, Shigeko had completely overlooked the fact that she should have registered as a team with others from her own village. As a result she had been thrown in with a pair of Iwagakure shinobi. Perhaps it was intentional to mix teams and foster better comradery between the two allied villages but regardless it felt rather distasteful.

At the end of the day however she had only herself to blame. And despite her training during the Iron banner festival she still felt like she perhaps hadn't prepared as much as she should have. She knew there were certainly other Genin that were much more impressive than her. The rankings had attested to that, but perhaps they would get lucky and wouldn't encounter any such individuals during this exam.

The young woman's pale yellow eyes flitted between her assigned teammates. They certainly didn't look very impressive, it was likely they were the underdogs, a ragteam team of leftovers tossed together and thrown to the wolves. "Jouchaku Shigeko of Kirigakure, bled to the Shiimu family" she introduced, whispering and giving a slight bow. "I can perform sensory, mist style, blood techniques and my clans unique steam ninjutsu but I'm not much use in close quarters" she relayed relunctantly. She despised having to be so forthright with her skillset, especially to foreigners but if they were to survive it was imperitave that they knew what one another's strengths and weaknesses were.

It seemed that naturally Shuichi as the oldest and most expierienced would be the leader and the primary fighter of the group, with the girls supporting him as best they could. "I think we should take our chances going for the central temple. Others may be cautious and try to avoid it, we might get lucky and be able to secure some scroll pieces without fighting anyone" she suggested. There was no telling what dangers they might encounter out in the forests and they would surely lose if they simply avoided others. At least this way they had a guaranteed chance at securing some pieces. But ultimatley she would defer to Shuichi's decision. "What do you think? We'll follow your lead" she said, observing the most expierienced member of the squad.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:16 pm

"Nakazawa, Shuichi" He said lightly, nodding along with the two of them and leading the way. "This way then I guess," He said as they headed into the trees.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:41 pm

They passed through the trees and into the open with no problems at all, in fact, it was the smoothest experience Rei had had in a while. No sooner had the thought crossed her mind when they'd been spotted by, well, someone, and then suddenly their were five guys but no burgers or fries. Rei shifted her hand and willed her blade to slinky into a shorter size, and she gingerly placed the tip of the blade into the ground as she scooped down and gathered up a handful of large rocks, then she very, very accurately and precisely threw a rock incredibly, insanely hard at each of the men's foreheads at the same time.

She wound up the pitch with a sparkle in her eye and let it loose. She held back, so the stones didn't catch on fire, but the noise they made as they flew through the air was quite audible. They were missiles and were likely to do an incredible and ridiculous amount of damage to anything that happened to get in their path.

*[Flawless Aim Style • Improvised Ammo]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
The practitioner knows their own reliance on ammunition can be exploited by the enemy and prepare themselves to acclimate to less than favorable circumstances. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to effectively launch any item, so long as it possesses at least the mass of a standard kunai, as if it were meant to be a projectile weapon without sacrificing accuracy. Attacks using improvised weaponry suffer a decrease in Strength, all such attacks being treated as having -3 Strength.

*[Flawless Aim Style • Repeater Shot]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Preparing multiple projectiles, the practitioner launches each of the projectiles at one or more targets. For each target beyond the first, the accuracy of each of the attacks is decreased, suffering a -1 Strength penalty for each additional target.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kaitos10 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:32 am

As Nozomi was wafting through the tall grass the three of them were apparently spotted though it’s not like she was trying to be stealthy at all. It just turns out that the opposition was more alert or perceptive than them. She was going to attack them but Rei did it first and the odds of them surviving that attack were slim so she switched to a sensor jutsu to make sure more enemies weren’t in the area. Getting ready in case more appeared or by some miracle the one’s already here some how survived

Sensory Style • Broad Sense]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: [Sensory Style • Beyond Senses], 20 Control
This technique is an extension of [Beyond Senses], and allows the sensor to focus on individual chakra signatures to get a precise idea of where their opponents are within a radius of up to 60 meters. A general sense of the direction, size, and number of chakra sources can be determined within a radius of up to 120 meters. It should be noted that this jutsu requires intense concentration, often making the user shut their eyes for focus. This technique can be mentally taxing even for experienced users, requiring the sensor to sort through the individual chakra sources within range.

[Sensory Style • Focused Senses]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: [Sensory Style • Broad Sense], 25 Control
A useful application of the sensory style for a shinobi on the move, the Focused Senses technique refines a sensor’s Broad Sense with improved chakra control to lessen its mental demand and allow the user to continue to fight and operate as normal while sensing their surroundings. With this technique the user can sense their local area without so much build up or concentration, and are able to pinpoint precise chakra locations at ranges of up to 70 meters away, and can approximate the size of chakra source to the nearest 10 chakra pool. The user is able to filter their senses to isolate particular sources or sources only of particular sizes, or in specific directions or ranges. Once cast, this technique provides a sensory overlay to the user’s normal vision for up to [Control/10] posts.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:20 am

Kotetsu clicked his tongue as the team stopped and a camp came into view. He was expecting to run into someone, like another team, but he wasn't surprised the villages had conspired to hire random mercenaries to serve as enemy combatants for the exams. The lookout was quick to spot them hiding heart heartedly in the grass and raised the alarm for the rest of the crew. His hands dipped into his pouches and produced a handful of kunai which were tossed off with precision at the lookout and the first man to exit the tent.

The projectiles were easily dodged with the amount of distance between the two parties and in response the camp began to ready and fire arrows at their position in the high grasses. Kotetsu responded in kind by meeting the trio of arrows with shuriken before running off to the right to circle around and get a better position closer to the camp.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Valkier

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Valkier » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:25 pm

Kotori fell quiet after the quick conversation with her teammates, knowing well enough by now to trust to their opinions. Slow and careful did sound wise, if perhaps a little less exciting. But a slower pace was no matter when victory and a promotion were on the line, so she let them take the lead and followed with eyes peeled.

Even so, it was Kotetsu who saw the encampment ahead first. Before the rest of them had had time to react, the alarm was raised and projectiles were flying, with Kotetsu swinging into action. Kunai whistled, arrows and shuriken clanged in mid-air, and her heart began hammering its own complementary drumbeat. Despite the earlier warnings, she found herself smiling.

"Now this is more like it! Here we go!" She laughed and broke into a run, charging towards the fray. Five targets, all armed and ready, against their three. She ducked and rolled beneath further hail of arrows soaring overhead, then spun and danced out of the way of another while forming hand seals. She didn't need to get much closer, only a few metres, to send a pulse of chakra through the earth at her feet towards the middle of the enemy camp. She dropped to one knee to make herself a smaller target while trying to complete her technique. If it worked, the ground beneath the entire camp—a good 10 metres diameter in total, focused in the centre—would begin to soften and flow, turning the previously solid ground into a liquefied whirlpool of churning earth. Her hope was to unbalance and potentially trap all five of the enemy in a single technique, opening them up for her comrades to take out with ease...
Jutsu usedShow
[Doton • Earth Flow] - Cast at 11 control
C-Rank Ninjutsu
This simple jutsu only requires the channeling of chakra and contact with the earth within a 30m radius of the designated section of earth. The affected earth in its base form can be up to 15 meters long and wide. By flowing chakra intro the ground the user can cause this section of earth to shift or flow suddenly at a speed equal to [10], pulling strength of [12] in an attempt to knock an opponent off balance, sweep them away or put strain on their knee or ankle.
Last edited by Valkier on Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CharactersShow
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:52 am

Sia:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:41 pm
They passed through the trees and into the open with no problems at all, in fact, it was the smoothest experience Rei had had in a while. No sooner had the thought crossed her mind when they'd been spotted by, well, someone, and then suddenly their were five guys but no burgers or fries. Rei shifted her hand and willed her blade to slinky into a shorter size, and she gingerly placed the tip of the blade into the ground as she scooped down and gathered up a handful of large rocks, then she very, very accurately and precisely threw a rock incredibly, insanely hard at each of the men's foreheads at the same time.

She wound up the pitch with a sparkle in her eye and let it loose. She held back, so the stones didn't catch on fire, but the noise they made as they flew through the air was quite audible. They were missiles and were likely to do an incredible and ridiculous amount of damage to anything that happened to get in their path.

The practitioner knows their own reliance on ammunition can be exploited by the enemy and prepare themselves to acclimate to less than favorable circumstances. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to effectively launch any item, so long as it possesses at least the mass of a standard kunai, as if it were meant to be a projectile weapon without sacrificing accuracy. Attacks using improvised weaponry suffer a decrease in Strength, all such attacks being treated as having -3 Strength.

D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Preparing multiple projectiles, the practitioner launches each of the projectiles at one or more targets. For each target beyond the first, the accuracy of each of the attacks is decreased, suffering a -1 Strength penalty for each additional target.
The barrage tore through the camp and its occupants turning their bodies into chunks. Blood and viscera splattered throughout the camp as it fell silent and still once more.

Underneath the gore and destruction, scroll pieces waited to be claimed.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:05 am

Rei had to admit that she was...very surprised that the men didn't at least react to her stones, she didn't think she'd really thrown them all that hard. Oh well, what's done was done. She gingerly stepped forwards into the camp and began searching around to see if she found any scroll pieces that they needed. "Come on, let's see if they have anything useful." She said to the others.
Last edited by Sia on Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:39 am

Would having seen all the enemies die with none in range would soon join Rei in searching through the remains for scroll pieces or anything else useful. Wondering if all the enemies will be this easy to fight. After they are done searching the camp for useful things. Nozomi would then turn towards Rei who was team leader and would say “so what now? Do we head straight for the goal line?”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:57 pm

Valkier:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:25 pm
Kotori fell quiet after the quick conversation with her teammates, knowing well enough by now to trust to their opinions. Slow and careful did sound wise, if perhaps a little less exciting. But a slower pace was no matter when victory and a promotion were on the line, so she let them take the lead and followed with eyes peeled.

Even so, it was Kotetsu who saw the encampment ahead first. Before the rest of them had had time to react, the alarm was raised and projectiles were flying, with Kotetsu swinging into action. Kunai whistled, arrows and shuriken clanged in mid-air, and her heart began hammering its own complementary drumbeat. Despite the earlier warnings, she found herself smiling.

"Now this is more like it! Here we go!" She laughed and broke into a run, charging towards the fray. Five targets, all armed and ready, against their three. She ducked and rolled beneath further hail of arrows soaring overhead, then spun and danced out of the way of another while forming hand seals. She didn't need to get much closer, only a few metres, to send a pulse of chakra through the earth at her feet towards the middle of the enemy camp. She dropped to one knee to make herself a smaller target while trying to complete her technique. If it worked, the ground beneath the entire camp—a good 10 meters diameter in total, focused in the centre—would begin to soften and flow, turning the previously solid ground into a liquefied whirlpool of churning earth. Her hope was to unbalance and potentially trap all five of the enemy in a single technique, opening them up for her comrades to take out with ease...
Jutsu usedShow
[Doton • Earth Flow] - Cast at 11 control
C-Rank Ninjutsu
This simple jutsu only requires the channeling of chakra and contact with the earth within a 30m radius of the designated section of earth. The affected earth in its base form can be up to 15 meters long and wide. By flowing chakra intro the ground the user can cause this section of earth to shift or flow suddenly at a speed equal to [10], pulling strength of [12] in an attempt to knock an opponent off balance, sweep them away or put strain on their knee or ankle.
Kotori's tactic of sliding into the middle of the encampment and trapping them with ninjutsu would be well rewarded. The majority of the group were too busy firing on Kotetsu to worry about the girl as she had charged forward through the fall grass, only to see her once it was too late. The two who were prepped for closer combat were unable to get her into their range in time as the ground turned into mud and begin to churn around them. The lone archer who had managed to keep hold of his bow frantically drew an arrow from his quiver and began to notch it.

Kotetsu in kind threw a kunai at the drawing archer, the blade slicing through the air and hitting the stuck combatants hands and knocking the weapon from his grasp. The men kept trying to drag their feet to the top and climb out only to sink even deeper within and get their arms trapped. The genin stomped forward through the mud, much more easily able to trek through it compared to them and felled each of the men with blows to the backs of their head with his metal arm. The camp they had set up had also been destroyed and tossed around by the ninjutsu, some of them even dragged entirely under the mud.

"Let's take a peak for any scroll pieces they might have." He called out to the pair of kunoichi as he began to rummage through the lone tent that had stayed above the mud. "Nothing in this one, anyone else find any?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:00 pm

Sia:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:05 am
Rei had to admit that she was...very surprised that the men didn't at least react to her stones, she didn't think she'd really thrown them all that hard. Oh well, what's done was done. She gingerly stepped forwards into the camp and began searching around to see if she found any scroll pieces that they needed. "Come on, let's see if they have anything useful." She said to the others.
As Rei and Nozomi searched through the destroyed camp, they'd eventually find a trio of scroll pieces that would fit into and meld with their original scroll piece. If the two cared to inspect the scroll, they'd see they weren't even close to making up half of a normal issue scroll. For now, they'd either need to find another encampment, creature, or team and find more to complete it.

[Resume DMing movement to Moderator]
Last edited by Niro on Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Valkier

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Valkier » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:05 am

Crouched in the grasses with eyes focused ahead on the camp, Kotori maintained her technique until the last of the figures were felled by Kotetsu's sure strikes. She took a moment to steady her breathing, not wanting to exert herself too much so early in the exam, then rose and walked forwards to join her comrades in the search.

Up close, the defeated group seemed weaker than they had before. They were well armed, but their trapped and broken bodies spoke of little physical prowess; no wonder Kotetsu had made such short work of them. For a moment she considered taking a bow and quiver, or perhaps some of their armour, but quickly changed her mind; it had been their skills as shinobi that had won the fight, not cumbersome equipment that she'd have to carry for the rest of the day. Instead, she began rolling over the bodies and rummaging through pockets and satchels. The first two bore nothing, but the third corpse—that of a tall man, lying face-down in the mud near the central tent of the camp—looked promising. She dragged him over, made sure he was truly dead, then began checking him over. Pockets, sleeves, shirt, belt, shoes; if there was a scrap of parchment to be found, she would uncover it and hold it aloft with a shout.
CharactersShow

Kao

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kao » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:21 pm

Setsuna stood back as her teammates made quick work of the encampment. She would have offered assistance, but Kotori and Kotetsu had things under control. Once the coast was clear she walked up casually, a hand on her katana, and surveyed the area for a moment and then turned her attention to finding any scroll pieces. After a bit of digging through the tents and bags, she found two scroll pieces. The genin gave a sharp, triumphant "Hmph!" as she showed off their prize to her team, then she neatly folded them and placed them in her back weapons pouch. Not yet wanting to use her sensory technique again, the redhead pointed east. "Eyes up. Let's go."

She moved carefully but swiftly in front of her teammates, her features locked into an expression of tense concentration. As they moved forward, a dense fog began to cover the area, reducing their visibility to a mere five meters. Their surroundings were still relatively noisy, birds and bugs still singing and buzzing around them. So far though, there was no sign of any enemies. Setsuna held up two fingers, silently telling her teammates to get in a formation in which they formed three points of a triangle. It was a formation they'd used before with the goal of covering one another's blind spots. If someone or something came out of the fog, one of the three would almost certainly see it coming.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Kabu

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kabu » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:13 am

As the trio continued onwards there didn't seem to be any real signs of danger at first, though Maho was of course on high alert. She had never known the lifestyle herself but her parents, having lived most of their lives as nomads, had drilled into her the importance of being watchful of her surroundings. Danger could after all be lurking around any corner and it came in a multitude of forms.

Eventually she came to a stop to better assess their current surroundings, frowning as she looked in the direction of a camp. "I wonder why there's a camp set up here..." she quietly spoke to her two teammates as she took a few steps back. It seemed to be too late however as a man looked over in their direction, seeming to have caught sight of them.

"Tsk, I don't think running here would be a very good idea but what do you two think?" she anxiously spoke, reaching towards her bow as she did. "I don't think they're going to just let us go and running away would just be a waste of energy. They could even have some scroll pieces." she continued, looking towards her two allies in turn as she did, resting her gaze on Shuichi as their leader.

If given permission to engage she would take cover in the darkness of the trees and notch an arrow, channeling chakra as she did. "Time to make it rain with my new jutsu..." she muttered to herself, angling her bow upwards and firing in an arc towards the men once they had exited their tent. As her arrow neared its destination, the single arrow would multiply into many, raining down on the camp. At the very least providing for an effective diversion and allowing her allies the chance to launch their own attacks.
JutsuShow
*[Flawless Aim Style • Arcing Shot]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner can launch projectiles in arcs up and over most obstacles, being able to accurately hit a target that is behind obstructions as if they were in the open. The practitioner must still be able to locate their target by some other means to ensure the projectile will hit its target.

*[Flawless Aim Style • Tracking]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
After much training and study, the practitioner has learned how to read an opponent's movements and adjust their aim accordingly to compensate without penalty. This Discipline allows the practitioner to accurately hit moving targets, though sudden changes in the opponent's movements will still affect accuracy.

Kouton • Volley
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary handseals or channeling Maho imbues her arrows with chakra. At any point during the next five posts the user can fire a single shot, duplicates covering an area of thirty meters while forming at a speed of Control, following the path of the original and striking with a strength equal to that which the original was fired with.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:44 pm

"I agree with you." Said Shuichi after listening to the younger one speak. He was...blended in here. He moved closer to attack and channeled. Maido merged out of his body like a scar that tore open from his mind and right limbs and yet he felt it. The iron that pumped through his veins cursed at him as he drew upon its blessed power and brought a palace upwards just for fun. He trapped each of the men in separate rooms, he'd seen Maido do it with a tree so he thought it would work just as well with metal.

The palace was shaped like Yggdramasil, except it was slightly larger and made entirely of metal, but otherwise, he had shaped it exactly the same as the summon itself. Iron Yggdramasil was forty mother fluffing meters tall. It had three floors. Each of them was several meters high and wide, and each of them was filled with tons of farming equipment, statues of every imaginable animal, weapons and treasure, goblets, coins, horses, minions, idiots, shoes, so many shoes and coins, oh, so, so, so many coins. Each of the rooms began filling to the brim immediately and each of the men trapped inside of each of the room would have to try to escape out of the rooms or be crushed to death as they continued to fill with kouton until yggdramasil the iron variant eventually finished fully being formed into a forty meter by forty meter by forty meter cube.

This expansive use of this technique was quite taxing on Shuichi to perform. He did the hand seals and hit the ground, and he sent the jutsu out, the kouton palace jutsu he had learned that last winter from a dear friend. Both of his arms rose upwards and his palms faced downwards the entire time as Maido watched from aside him and gave a wicked smile. The palace began to raise around the men at his best speed, the roots of the tree bursting out of the ground the same time that leaves and branches formed higher up in the air over each of their heads, and the individual floors of the iron palace were the floors of yggdramasil itself, just made of kouton. They pushed upwards and manifested in the middle space area too, much closer to the heads of the enemies than the tree branches and leaves up above. Should they jump there was even a good chance they'd get separated into a room on the second floor, or third floor, rather than the first, or even risk being decapitated or worse as the structure was forming around them.

The structure never stopped forming though, and that was the problem. The walls formed too, and there would really be nowhere to run unless they were just so fast they could outrun the entire technique entirely, but he strained on his body and moved the jutsu quickly and increased the size. The problem continued for those in his way, because the structure still continued to build as it attempted to trap them, and now the goblets, the coins, the weapons, and the statues were beginning to fall from the sky and erupt from the walls and the floor in every direction at once. Each of the rooms of Metal Yggdramasil began vomiting statues, weapons, coins, equipment, and various random objects all made of metal in each direction from the walls, the floors, and the ceilings, all the while the walls closed in more, growing thicker and thicker every second. Anything inside of Metal Yggdramasil would be crushed to death at the end of the jutsu.

Kouton • Imperial Palace
S-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will channel chakra into their hand. The user then slams their fists into the ground, creating a structure up to 40 by 40 meters in dimensions: with specifications that the user makes upon performing this jutsu. Usually the structure is bare-bones, but the more complicated the structure, the less square footage it has. A cube made by the user is 40x40x40 and has ½ meter thick walls and ceiling to it. The structure manifests at [control] speed and the walls have [control] strength each for up to 6 posts thereafter. The added boon is: the user can use their Kouton jutsu anywhere within this structure, whether the jutsu is still active or not, as the casting point for their jutsu. The structure acts as normal metal after the jutsu is finished, and remains structurally sound, with less strength.
Last edited by Sia on Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:22 pm

Collecting up the pieces of scroll alongside the rest of their team, Rei scoured over the area to see if their was anything else worthwhile to take. "I think we're going to have to find quite a few more pieces before we have enough to pass." Said Rei after a moment of thought. "What if we went this way?" She pointed, and began indeed leading the way.

"Hey come on I think I hear someone." Rei said quietly as when very carefully slowed her pace and readied her sword, staring out into the mist.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:03 am

Nozomi would nod, then when Rei pointed in a direction she would shrug and follow Rei through the area until they approached the area with mist in it as soon as she was in the mist she would quickly activate a sensor jutsu to see if she could sense who else was inside the mist. When she heard the voices she would look on a little concerned but keep following Rei for now.

“jutsu used”Show

Sensory Style • Broad Sense]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: [Sensory Style • Beyond Senses], 20 Control
This technique is an extension of [Beyond Senses], and allows the sensor to focus on individual chakra signatures to get a precise idea of where their opponents are within a radius of up to 60 meters. A general sense of the direction, size, and number of chakra sources can be determined within a radius of up to 120 meters. It should be noted that this jutsu requires intense concentration, often making the user shut their eyes for focus. This technique can be mentally taxing even for experienced users, requiring the sensor to sort through the individual chakra sources within range.

[Sensory Style • Focused Senses]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: [Sensory Style • Broad Sense], 25 Control
A useful application of the sensory style for a shinobi on the move, the Focused Senses technique refines a sensor’s Broad Sense with improved chakra control to lessen its mental demand and allow the user to continue to fight and operate as normal while sensing their surroundings. With this technique the user can sense their local area without so much build up or concentration, and are able to pinpoint precise chakra locations at ranges of up to 70 meters away, and can approximate the size of chakra source to the nearest 10 chakra pool. The user is able to filter their senses to isolate particular sources or sources only of particular sizes, or in specific directions or ranges. Once cast, this technique provides a sensory overlay to the user’s normal vision for up to [Control/10] posts.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Valkier

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Valkier » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:02 am

Kotori ceased her own search through the muck of debris of the camp, looking up and breaking out into a smile as Setsuna discovered their prize. Then she clambered out of the remnants of her doton technique, pulling herself free and wiping off as much of the much as she could before following her comrades further north.
As the fog set in, the three teammates naturally adjusted, closing their formation and covering their own segments without so much as a spoken order, only a single finger-sign from their appointed leader. Kotori peered intently through the fog as they moved, but occasionally let her eyes flicker across to Setsuna. For a girl who initially seemed so reluctant when their trio first met, she was proving herself a natural at leading them through the exam. More than a small part of Kotori, mud-caked and ansty as she was, envied the other girls' endless poise.

As a group they pivoted and followed Setsuna's orders, moving in an easterly and slightly northern direction and, hopefully, out of the fog. All the while they would be listening for signs of danger, and once the fog cleared, Kotori would scan all directions to try and identify any possible threats in their vicinity...
CharactersShow

Kao

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kao » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:03 pm

Even after the hiccup with the camp of belligerents, the trio's time was going smoothly. Setsuna tried not to put too much thought into this lest she somehow jinx their chuunin exam run. All they needed was the rest of the scroll pieces and they could head toward the exit. The team continued northeast, and eventually they made their way out of the dense fog. There was still enough vapor in the air that it was somewhat visible, but their field of vision was no longer completely obscured. To the west lay another dense forest, but there was no opposition in sight.

Perfect.

"Let's keep going north," she announced, though that was perhaps the obvious direction they'd need to go. Going into the forest to their west would leave them blind, and the trees east of them didn't bode well for navigating, either. The kunoichi led the others through the thinning fog, keeping an eye out for any bogies or enemy teams. As they made their way through the path between the dense tree lines, all Setsuna could think was that they were getting closer to their goal and they thankfully hadn't wasted chakra to get to their current point.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:32 pm

Kotetsu followed after the two girls with his eyes keeping alert of their surroundings as best they could while they traveled through the fog and then out of it along the edge of a forest. There was a distinct lack of animal noises as they moved but nothing was loud enough to draw attention even in the vacuum. He kept pace with the two until they stopped once more. They had moved northeast from their original position and so far had only encountered the single camp. For such a vaunted event, Kotetsu was actually surprised by how boring it had been up until now.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:37 pm

Sia:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:44 pm
"I agree with you." Said Shuichi after listening to the younger one speak. He was...blended in here. He moved closer to attack and channeled. Maido merged out of his body like a scar that tore open from his mind and right limbs and yet he felt it. The iron that pumped through his veins cursed at him as he drew upon its blessed power and brought a palace upwards just for fun. He trapped each of the men in separate rooms, he'd seen Maido do it with a tree so he thought it would work just as well with metal.

The palace was shaped like Yggdramasil, except it was slightly larger and made entirely of metal, but otherwise, he had shaped it exactly the same as the summon itself. Iron Yggdramasil was forty mother fluffing meters tall. It had three floors. Each of them was several meters high and wide, and each of them was filled with tons of farming equipment, statues of every imaginable animal, weapons and treasure, goblets, coins, horses, minions, idiots, shoes, so many shoes and coins, oh, so, so, so many coins. Each of the rooms began filling to the brim immediately and each of the men trapped inside of each of the room would have to try to escape out of the rooms or be crushed to death as they continued to fill with kouton until yggdramasil the iron variant eventually finished fully being formed into a forty meter by forty meter by forty meter cube.

This expansive use of this technique was quite taxing on Shuichi to perform. He did the hand seals and hit the ground, and he sent the jutsu out, the kouton palace jutsu he had learned that last winter from a dear friend. Both of his arms rose upwards and his palms faced downwards the entire time as Maido watched from aside him and gave a wicked smile. The palace began to raise around the men at his best speed, the roots of the tree bursting out of the ground the same time that leaves and branches formed higher up in the air over each of their heads, and the individual floors of the iron palace were the floors of yggdramasil itself, just made of kouton. They pushed upwards and manifested in the middle space area too, much closer to the heads of the enemies than the tree branches and leaves up above. Should they jump there was even a good chance they'd get separated into a room on the second floor, or third floor, rather than the first, or even risk being decapitated or worse as the structure was forming around them.

The structure never stopped forming though, and that was the problem. The walls formed too, and there would really be nowhere to run unless they were just so fast they could outrun the entire technique entirely, but he strained on his body and moved the jutsu quickly and increased the size. The problem continued for those in his way, because the structure still continued to build as it attempted to trap them, and now the goblets, the coins, the weapons, and the statues were beginning to fall from the sky and erupt from the walls and the floor in every direction at once. Each of the rooms of Metal Yggdramasil began vomiting statues, weapons, coins, equipment, and various random objects all made of metal in each direction from the walls, the floors, and the ceilings, all the while the walls closed in more, growing thicker and thicker every second. Anything inside of Metal Yggdramasil would be crushed to death at the end of the jutsu.

Kouton • Imperial Palace
S-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will channel chakra into their hand. The user then slams their fists into the ground, creating a structure up to 40 by 40 meters in dimensions: with specifications that the user makes upon performing this jutsu. Usually the structure is bare-bones, but the more complicated the structure, the less square footage it has. A cube made by the user is 40x40x40 and has ½ meter thick walls and ceiling to it. The structure manifests at [control] speed and the walls have [control] strength each for up to 6 posts thereafter. The added boon is: the user can use their Kouton jutsu anywhere within this structure, whether the jutsu is still active or not, as the casting point for their jutsu. The structure acts as normal metal after the jutsu is finished, and remains structurally sound, with less strength.
The structure of twisted metal was...definitely a surprise. The structure rose tall into the sky and if the fog spread through the area wasn't there, it would be quite clear where at least one team was. The bandits who survived the initial spawning of metal, three of them, ran as fast as they could towards where the jutsu seemed to flow anyways as objects were spewed from the outside out of the windows and other orifices.

The trio was ecstatic to have survived only for the follow up rain of steel by Maho to strike down two more of them. The lone survivor channeled a massive amount of chakra, the glow strong enough to be visibly seen without sensory, before firing off a gargantuan fireball at the group.

*Katon • Fireball
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user draws in a deep breath before exhaling out a 10 meter diameter fireball at the opponent. It travels up to 10 meters away at [20] speed and strength.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:44 pm

Sia:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:22 pm
Collecting up the pieces of scroll alongside the rest of their team, Rei scoured over the area to see if their was anything else worthwhile to take. "I think we're going to have to find quite a few more pieces before we have enough to pass." Said Rei after a moment of thought. "What if we went this way?" She pointed, and began indeed leading the way.

"Hey come on I think I hear someone." Rei said quietly as when very carefully slowed her pace and readied her sword, staring out into the mist.
Meanwhile, in the mist, the team approaching the duo had their own sensory prepared. The Doton empathy of the Enkouten on their team was enough for them to pick up the pair of shinobi lurking in the mist standing on the infused ground. The enemy team was silent, albeit not silent enough for those with exceptional hearing to hear them, as they channeled chakra and fired off their respective jutsu. The coordination of the team was apparent as their jutsu sprung into life and their plan was carried out.

The Shoshiki of the team, a rail thin blonde girl, materialized a bow of glass from her fingertips and drew back the bowstring, a glass arrow forming into place as she did so, in wait for the agreed upon signal to attack. Once she did, the explosive arrow she had primed would pack quite the wallop. The leader of the team, a Kamizuru, spread his swarm out to surround the entirety of both teams as he readied the stingers attached to his forearms in preparation for one or both of them to rush the trio. The Enkouten was the first to fire off the teams attack, the channeled chakra turning the ground in front of them into a wave of roaring lava heading towards the Blue Team [25 Str/Spd].
Last edited by Niro on Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Kabu

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kabu » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:27 am

"Whoa that's so cool." Maho spoke with glittering eyes, practically in awe at the display of power Shuichi had shown. She couldn't help but be mildly concerned as well, noting that the jutsu seemed to have been rather taxing. Nonetheless their combined attack was largely a success, striking down most of the enemy group. However there was no time to grow complacent as the one survivor channeled chakra, Maho's hands flying into a set of seals at the sight.

As the massive fireball came flying towards them a wall of earth emerged from the ground at 17 speed and strength five meters in front of the trio. It wouldn't be enough to stop the fireball in its tracks but unless one of the others were to help out they would still take a hit, albeit one much weaker than what they had initially risked. She wasn't sure however if she could stop another attack like that however so they would need to somehow take down this opponent while wasting as little chakra as possible, saving their energy for later encounters.

"Seems like we've got a real fight on our hands... I couldn't have asked for anything more."
JutsuShow
*Doton • Wall
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a solid stone wall up to 5 meters away from them at [Control] speed. The wall has [Control] strength and is 3x3x1 meters large.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:47 pm

The Lion King's ears twitched as he took a few steps forwards, gingerly swooping down to scoop up a metal goblet that had rolled towards him from metal Yggdramasil and with a step to the side of the flames, he wound it up and violently chucked it as best as he could possibly could manage directly towards the forehead of the one that had dared to spit flames in his direction, sticking out his bare metal hand to touch the flames with his fingertips hauntingly as he stepped out of the way.

He said and withdrew a few kunai of his own, about three, and lobbed them for good measure immediately after the goblet.

"Come on Maho, let's clean this up." He said darkly as Maido whispered into his ear to hurry things along. Yet, he basically told her to piss off. She was a nuisance now he was finding, a whisper in his mind that he couldn't silence even when he tried.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Izanagi

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Izanagi » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:36 pm

Shigeko nodded to her two teammates, agreeing to take down the encampment they had stumbled across. She observed as the leader of their squad unleashed a powerful, awe inspiring jutsu. The palace of Kouton was magnificent to behold and seemed to anihilate the majority of the enemy forces. "That'll draw the attention of the other teams. We should wait and ambush them" she considered as Maho picked off the stragglers with projectiles.

Only one enemy remained, casting a fireball that headed toward their direction. Shigeko began forming handseals and as Maho's doton wall rose up and Shuichi's kunai were thrown, a thick mist would envelop the area. Shigeko would keep close to Maho, standing in front of her so that if the wall and the mist didn't fizzle out the fireball she could protect the younger child with her own body.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Hidden Mist Technique (18 control)
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Kiri-nin
Kirigakure no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilized by Hidden Mist Ninja. After forming the required hand seals, the ninja creates a blanket of mist which covers the area around them. The mist covers 10x10x10m area. The mist limits the visibility of those inside to 4 meters in any direction. This technique lasts a number of posts equal to 1/2 the user's Chakra Pool.

Under Armor
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming the necessary hand seals or channelling the user will form a layer of blood under their skin. This layer functions as a full body armor, forming at [18] Speed and protecting the user with [18] Strength. Any Chiton related techniques the user utilizes will be able to pass through the armor without destroying it. After five posts, the armor will revert to the consistency of normal blood.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Kaitos10

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:24 pm

As soon as Nozomi discovered the new people in range of her jutsu she would stop in her tracks and silently and quickly alert rei to the three potential threats and their positions. Afterwards she would begin hand signs to activate a jutsu summoning a big hydra (control speed 30 control strength 24) and jumps on wondering if the three threats detected them yet but then she sees the incoming attacks and quickly has the hydra fly up 30m out of the way of the incoming lava and other attacks. Then afterwards once they are safe from the incoming attacks the hydra would unleash a blast at the middle member amongst the three.
“jutsu used”Show

Ninjutsu virulent hydra
Rank A
Duration 7 posts or until destroyed
Range can shoot 70 meters long and the breath blasts have a 2 meter for every 5 points of control aoe effect
A technique, where the user breathes forth a great hydra created of poison thirty meters [30m] tall and ten meters [10m] wide, with a wingspan of fifty meters [50m]. This solid incarnation of poison will then be sent off towards the opponent. Letting forth great bursts of poison which cause chemical burns at control strength and when inhaled will slowly begin to paralyze the body for one [2] posts Each breath blast increases the amount of posts a target remains paralyzed by one post, for a maximum of four [4] posts. The technique ends with the hydra smashing into the ground, letting off a great deal of the same deadly poison in a cloud
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:32 pm

Rei was thankful for Nozomi's sensory, and she readied her sword in her left hand as she reached down and scooped up a few more stones for good measure, eyeing in the direction Nozomi had indicated hesitantly. "Okay, a fight it is, let's go." She said, and as they drew closer a torrent of lava suddenly spewed forwards towards them from out of the mist, much to Rei's surprise. "Oh no, look out!" She said, moving away from the heat of the magma and altering her course to the right, yet still forwards and in the directions of their opponents, finally lobbing two stone a piece at the each of them with her right hand before willing her sword, Katanabreaker, to extend to its full and righteous nine meter length, preparing to leap onto the nearest one and absolutely pummel the daylights out of them if they survived the stones.

2 stones per target at 26 strength each

D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Valkier

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Valkier » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:30 pm

As the three members of Team Seven pushed further into the exam arena their formation rotated by unspoken agreement, first putting Kotetsu at the front, and then a few minutes later Kotori led the group as they made their way onwards to the north and east. Better to keep their focus moving and take turns at the front than risk one person's lapse costing the group what they'd been striving for for so long. Plus, it gave even the brash Kotori an opportunity to practice some basic leadership--something most would agree that the young genin sorely needed. The mist quickly began to thin, and she slowed their pace momentarily to allow them to better get their bearings and re-orient. Their heading had been good, and they were on the edge of the fog bank now, and could see it continue to thin ahead, along with forest spreading further westward. After watching and listening for a moment, Kotori turned the group slightly to point straight northward instead, heading towards a second dense patch of fog visible in that direction.

She found herself growing more and more apprehensive as the exam progressed. They were doing a lot of running, always on the move, and had so far only encountered token resistance. Just a few weak mercenaries, probably untrained slaves from the ease in which they were dispatched. But this was a chuunin exam, and they were here to be tested; the absence of danger thus far only increased get anxiety over what may lie ahead. How long before a real threat emerged, and they were truly tested? Her mind sought back to the first time the three of them had seen proper combat. Kotetsu's missing arm was a stark reminder of that encounter, and the memory of fear, of blood and the screams of her friends, had not faded. Today, they would do better. Be better.

As they continued straight north towards and into the second bank of mist, she began weaving hand seals and reached out to the beast within. Nolosha, lend me your power! Help me see! The genma stirred, awakening inside her and happily bleeding power. She wanted to be used, and obeyed immediately.

A brief flash of golden chakra pulsed from her skin and all at once she found her mind connected with a new depth of sensation, reaching out for life itself in a wide vicinity, allowing her to search far beyond the mists for any signs of other people nearby...
Jutsu Used...Show
Reverberation @ 10 control. Base sensory range 30m, therefore +10m from the upcast
D-Rank Ninjutsu --> Upcast to C-rank
Prerequisites: Ukiyogenma Form 0

The user emits a gentle, imperceptible pulse of raw Life energy radially outwards around them that can detect sources of Life within [40] metres. The user can determine the direction and approximate distance of each source, and from the size and complexity of the source can differentiate between plant, animal, and sapient sources of energy. This detection travels through physical obstacles and is not blocked by chakra barriers unless they contain Tenkujutsu specifically designed to block spiritual energy.
Last edited by Valkier on Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: 8 bloody words away from Nano eligibility grrrr >:(
CharactersShow

Kao

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Kao » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:43 pm

As the mist thinned, Setsuna followed Kotori's lead and slowed her pace. The team headed straight north once they got out of the fog, where another heavy mist was waiting. The redhead walked with her hand poised to quickly draw any of her weapons if needed. The anticipation made her heart race, and even though the air was rather cool there was a sheen of sweat just beneath her hairline. It was only a matter of time before they came across more combatants. Things have been too easy so far, and she didn't want any one of them to get complacent and let their guard down.

Soon they were once again surrounded by mist, and Setsuna paused as Kotori began to use her sensory. Even now, whenever the younger kunoichi drew upon the power of the genma it filled her with a sense of awe - and a hint of terror. She worried about the girl; Setsuna had no idea how much control her teammate had over the genma, and the stories she had heard recently frankly scared her. Whenever Kotori used that power - like now - Setsuna waited with baited breath and did her best to keep the fear from flooding her expression. She waited for her teammate for any news about what she could sense. After a few long seconds past she whispered, "Well? Is the coast clear?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:36 am

Izanagi:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:36 pm
Shigeko nodded to her two teammates, agreeing to take down the encampment they had stumbled across. She observed as the leader of their squad unleashed a powerful, awe inspiring jutsu. The palace of Kouton was magnificent to behold and seemed to anihilate the majority of the enemy forces. "That'll draw the attention of the other teams. We should wait and ambush them" she considered as Maho picked off the stragglers with projectiles.

Only one enemy remained, casting a fireball that headed toward their direction. Shigeko began forming handseals and as Maho's doton wall rose up and Shuichi's kunai were thrown, a thick mist would envelop the area. Shigeko would keep close to Maho, standing in front of her so that if the wall and the mist didn't fizzle out the fireball she could protect the younger child with her own body.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Hidden Mist Technique (18 control)
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Kiri-nin
Kirigakure no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilized by Hidden Mist Ninja. After forming the required hand seals, the ninja creates a blanket of mist which covers the area around them. The mist covers 10x10x10m area. The mist limits the visibility of those inside to 4 meters in any direction. This technique lasts a number of posts equal to 1/2 the user's Chakra Pool.

Under Armor
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming the necessary hand seals or channelling the user will form a layer of blood under their skin. This layer functions as a full body armor, forming at [18] Speed and protecting the user with [18] Strength. Any Chiton related techniques the user utilizes will be able to pass through the armor without destroying it. After five posts, the armor will revert to the consistency of normal blood.
The fireball screamed through the air, Shuichi's fingers caressed the edge of it as it passed him by and slammed through the earthen wall formed by Maho. The wall had done a fine job of reducing the size and remaining strength of the fireball and, although the mist reduced the vision of the bandit leader and the others caught within it, the fireball cut a line through the mist before impacting against Shigeko's form and impacting against her armor before the flames finally vanished.

Two of Shuichi's kunai struck true while the remainder and the goblet were dodged with a quick leap to the side. The two stuck into the bandits leader body were deep, blood erupting from his shoulder and hip as he tried to run away. Chakra channeled around him as he let loose a final jutsu in a desperate attempt to take them down, a wave of fire rushing forward and burning through the mist towards the last position he had seen for the duo.

20 Str/Spd Fire Wave, 5m tall 20m wide
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Niro » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:52 am

Sia:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:32 pm
Rei was thankful for Nozomi's sensory, and she readied her sword in her left hand as she reached down and scooped up a few more stones for good measure, eyeing in the direction Nozomi had indicated hesitantly. "Okay, a fight it is, let's go." She said, and as they drew closer a torrent of lava suddenly spewed forwards towards them from out of the mist, much to Rei's surprise. "Oh no, look out!" She said, moving away from the heat of the magma and altering her course to the right, yet still forwards and in the directions of their opponents, finally lobbing two stone a piece at the each of them with her right hand before willing her sword, Katanabreaker, to extend to its full and righteous nine meter length, preparing to leap onto the nearest one and absolutely pummel the daylights out of them if they survived the stones.

2 stones per target at 26 strength each

D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Nozomi's poison hydra flew high into the air as it rained down it's blast of just as poisonous breath. The Enkouten of the enemy team felt the massive weight of the creature as it spawned through his empathy and then as it kicked off from the ground. Using its former position as best he could, he redirected the wave of Youton straight up into the air following after the pair. The blast of poison and the lava wave collided midair, an explosion following suit as the poison reacted to the intense heat and burning of the lava that'd be heard by both Nozomi high in the air and the group on the ground. The Enkouten began to channel once more in preparation for a jutsu as his relied on his empathy to track the remaining opponent on the ground.

On the ground, the explosive arrow of the Shoshiki and the rocks thrown by Rei collided, the first one impacting the arrow which caused the explosion to go off, sending the other one flying off course elsewhere into the mist. She quickly reloaded as she tracked Rei's movement through the mist by what was disturbed and what wasn't, firing off a volley of arrows as the woman ran. The Kamizuru of the group closed the radius of his swarm in, focusing it on Rei and swarming around her as she leapt at the team just as the Enkouten finished his jutsu and a pillar of lava shot up from beneath Rei as she landed near the team.

40 Str/Spd Swarm
25 Str/Spd Lava pillar
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sia

[Chuunin Exams]

Post by Sia » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:04 pm

Rei swerved left, then right, and some of the arrows she smacked away with the broad side of her blade on purpose purely because she could, and some of them she merely avoided on purpose, and others of which she watched go by in what to her felt like in slow motion. Rei danced amongst the battlefield, the only one moving at the tempo that she was. She suddenly increased her speed, moving beyond that of a Jounin level and leaving the swarm behind as she slid across the ground and out of the way of the lava. "Shit, shit shit." Rei cursed under her breath and then her eyes locked onto all of them.

"Get the lava boy I'll deal with the wasps." Rei said and then increased her speed even further to that of a Bannin, having a much easier time outpacing the swarm now as she then stomped hard into the ground with her right foot and swung Katanabreaker like a baseball bat towards the kneecaps of the Enkouten clan member, having very very carefully dodged, ducked, and batted away Shoshiki arrows and purposefully positioned herself on the other side of the Enkouten so that the Shoshiki had to stop firing at her. Then, when the swarm got close, Rei finally bolted at her absolutely most blistering speed, suddenly changing her tactics altogether from playing around and dodging around the battlefield to very very quddenly and decisively slashing horizontally towards someones neck whilst flying across the battlefield as fast as she possibly could.

Except, she didn't. Instead of aiming Katanabreaker as a cut across the Kamizuru clan members neck, she aimed it as a bludgeoning strict against both of his knees in the same velocity.

He wouldn't walk again that day, most likely, but he wouldn't die.

Foresight
Prerequisite: Perception Concentration
Due to their astute awareness the user is able to see even the most minute of changes, the user is able to easily predict the opponents strikes and as such greatly increase their ability to evade or respond accordingly. This is most commonly used when surrounded by opponents, allowing the user to constantly be on the move; ducking, tilting and side-stepping in their efforts to move out of the path of incoming attacks.

Organized Chaos
Prerequisite: Perception Concentration
The user's mind will lock onto a number of targets up to their willpower stat, allowing the user to keep track of and fight against them without losing pacing or rhythm in battle. This allows the user to use their arsenal of attacks and expert levels of situational awareness to overwhelm even large groups of armed or unarmed opponents quickly.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Return to “Rock Country”