[Graded]Glimpse of a Dream

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 am

Kenshin had just gotten off of an early morning shift at the barbecue restaurant he worked at with an oddly high energy level. Despite the fact that Kenshin was far from being a morning person, being in an active environment got his blood pumping. His step had a lightness about it, almost as if his familial stain was forgotten, even if just for a moment.

Sadly, reality has a very sick sense of humor sometimes, as an old rival from the academy decided to rear her ugly head. Kenshin felt the hairs on the back of his head stand on end. He dodged to the side quickly, narrowly avoiding a short short sticking into a water barrel. He didn't need to be a genius to figure out that the blade was meant for him. Over on one of the roofs of the main street stood a woman with white hair, deep gray eyes, and a second short sword with a pattern matching the first.
Shuensha KuroiShow
When she spoke, her voice dripped with malicious intent and rage. "Dokueki... Kenshin." This was all she said at first; most of the words she wished to convey were spoken through her eyes.

Kenshin's own eyes narrowed, partially in caution and partially in irritation. Considering they both had skills with straight-bladed swords, the two of them had been pitted against each other for their graduation exam. Kenshin had managed to come out on top, much to the dismay of Kuroi. Not only had she been beaten and sent back to the academy for six more months of instruction, she believed to have shamed her family by losing to someone who's family had been openly scorned by the citizens of Kirigakure. The irony of it all was intolerable to Kuroi, and she had been viciously seeking a rematch ever since.

Though his hand was on his rapier, his voice was calm and controlled. "Shuensha Kuroi-dono. I see that you finally graduated. Congratulations. To what do I owe the honor of seeing your beautiful face again?" Though he knew the words stung, Kenshin could at the very least say that he was completely honest with her.

His polite manner and compliments served only to enrage the young kunoichi. "Enough with the lies! Our rematch is now!" She launched herself at Kenshin, her short sword coming down from above in a fierce down swing. Kenshin was a bit off-guard as he dodged; she had improved since the last time he saw her. Her blade found itself in a building wall. Gritting her teeth in anger, she yanked the blade out and retrieved her other short sword from the rain barrel. Water began to spout from the barrel as the blade had left a hole that penetrated its insides. She turned to face him, simmering with fury. Kenshin would have drawn his blade had he not noticed a very familiar face in Kirigakure...
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:53 am

"Now now children" spoke a slightly annoyed voice as if from nowhere
"Fights are fun and all, especially sword fights, but we don't want death in our village now, not since our past"
A shadow zoomed along the floor as a green, leafy haired ninja landed in the middle of the two genin.
"Hehehehe"
A faint smile sprouted onto Rowans face as he was reminded of his past from not so long ago before he stood up from his crouched down position.
The jounin turned to face the majority of the crowd with a stern look upon his face and his right hand on his waist.

"Ok people carry on, nothing to see here" He spoke now back in his toneless voice.
As the the people turned away flicking their wrists in a sense that said 'we want to stay and see what will happen but were to scared to confront one of the seven swordman', Rowan glanced over at the two genin one at a time for a brief moment until most of the people were gone.
"Ok you two come here" he was still toneless but his eyes showed the same stern look he gave the people.

"BBZZZT! Fool! Why did you stop them?" A screaming voice that only Rowan could hear vibrated along his spine.
"Watching that fight would have been fun... you know you wanted to"
Rowan just close his eyes in attempt to resist replying.
"RAAAAAAAAWWWRR! We need to see action!" Screamed the voice even louder than before.

Rowan flicked into a short quiet temper.
"Shut it! I know we havn't done anything for awhile but this is not the answer" he appeared to be shouting at himself but was infact shouting at his sword.
"Fine have it your way fool" Commented Bankonissuiken
Then the swordsman regained his posture as he awaited the genins response.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 am

What Kenshin saw made his blood stop cold.

This leafy green hair, his stance, and the tendency to speak to his sword (which was rumored to be a spirit that possessed his blade) were unmistakable. Even his smile and vocal mannerisms gave him away. This man was Shinwa Rowan, one of the Legendary Kiri Shinobigatana no Nananinshuu. The instant this realization popped into Kenshin's head, he began to shake uncontrollably. A volatile mixture of fear and deep respect robbed him of his will to move.

Finally, he managed to make a full-faced bow, kneeling on both needs and face down towards the ground. "Shinwa-sama!" Even Kuroi's vengeance had been dampened as recognition crossed her face as well. Quickly she bowed, apologizing for her outburst. After such, she ran off... probably too frightened at the moment to continue her vendetta against Kenshin.

Kenshin, however, never moved from his spot. He realized that considering his family's reputation in the village, one wrong move could mean his end at the hands of one of the shinobi he held in the highest esteem.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:37 am

Rowan was over whealmed with the praise he seemed to get but he tutted at the site of the girl jitting away, although Kenshin put a smile on his face.
"Haha don't be a cowardly insect, boy" he chuckled slightly
"Insects are supposed to eat trees not the other way round"
Rowans joke was lame but even the lamest of jokes broke his emotionless shield making him break up into an hystarical chuckle.
"God not one of them fail jokes again?" Questioned his blade.

The swordsman ignored the comment and walked over to the genin, crouching down to his face with a pleasent smile.
"You're a lucky boy I'm not usually this open with my friendly side but there's just something about you that I can't quite put my finger on... umm... so yeah anyway I assume you know my name so what about yours?" He questioned rather friendily before standing back up in a slouching stance.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:52 am

Rowan's inquiry both surprised and relaxed Kenshin at the same time. He got up slowly and cautiously, all of his move deliberate and controlled. He took a deep breath and got enough courage to answer. "My name... is Dokueki Kenshin, Shinwa-dono. I apologize for the outburst; the young woman and I have a history at the academy."

Kenshin was still unsure as to what to do. It would be nearly impossible for Rowan to not have heard of the mission that had been dubbed as the "Dokueki Disgrace" in the village. Kenshin still had no guarantees that he wouldn't be killed solely out of spite. He had to put faith in the fact that he apparently caught Rowan on a good day.

He took a chance and branched out the conversation further. "What brings you out to this part of Kirigakure, Shinwa-sama? I can't think of anything that would be of interest to the Mizukage's office for one of your stature. Are you running personal errands, perhaps?"
Active CharactersShow

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:06 am

Rowan smiled as the boy came to his feet "Dokueki?" He queeried
"Where have I heared that before?
The man pondered for a moment just when the young genin moved on in convosation gearing his attention to what he was doing before all this occured, as such he snapped his fingers, though in a rather rough barky manner due to his skin.
"Ofcourse" He shouted in a memorical burst
With a friendly smile he looked down to the child and replied.
"I was just walking down the streets pondering about my new sword style I was working on, when I came across your out burst, inwhich by the way I understand about it all, anyways I would show you but Bankonissuiken just isn't co-operating and is making it difficult to master"

The sword just buzzed in frustration "More like you're incompitent at it"

Rowan flicked the handle with his right hand as he finished off with one more chuckle.
"Sides it'll probably be too dangerous to show you"

His eyes then fell upon Kenshins own sword as such he pulled an intruiging look at totally completely showed he wanted to see it.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:18 am

Kenshin listened intently as Rowan spoke of creating a new kenjutsu style, absorbing every moment of the experience. Though he was controlled on the outside, his insides were bursting with joy. 'I can't believe it! This man is one of the Kiri Shinobigatana no Nananinshuu, and he's actually having a conversation with me!' His estatic happiness, however, gave way to suspicion. 'Still, the reason I'm even having this conversation is because he didn't seem to recognize my surname. I still need to be careful...'

Kenshin's train of thought was disrupted as he noticed Rowan's eyes widen in curiosity and intrigue. He followed his eyes to find them resting upon the onyx-colored rapier that hung from his side. Kenshin's own eyes widen in surprise. 'Really? He wants to see my rapier? I'm honored...' Taking a quick breath, he slowly drew his blade and held it up to the sunlight. "Though it's nothing compared to your weapon, Shinwa-sama, this is my blade... Kontan Setsudanki. A sturdier rapier you will not find in all of Kirigakure." The sunlight reflected off of the blade's black surface, momentarily attracting the attention of those around them. In a quick flourish and a flick of his wrist, he presented the Kontan Setsudanki to Rowan, hilt first in a customary fashion. "Is it to your liking, Shinwa-sama?"
Active CharactersShow

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:38 am

Rowan seemed to reminisce about when he was a young boy as he watched Kenshin become wild with enthusium.
The man smiled as the rapier was flicked out like a grand masterpiece with Kenshin enthralled about it just as he was when he saw it, as such his right hand went out ready to tuch it but stopped before it got too close not wanting to ruin the blade.

"Amazing it does seem rather impressive" He commented in sheer delight.

"Pfft that thing? Amazing?" replied Rowans own sword in disgrace yet jealousy

Rowan reached back with his outstretched hand to grab Bankonissuiken.
"I'm sorry but my sword seems so jealous you don't mind if I show you mine do you" he questioned
"before it explodes"

He then paused thinking over what the boy would have just thought at that moment, a jealous blade? How can that be true? However he just shook it off his mind as he was a seven swordsman member afterall.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 am

"Kontan Setsudanki has been in my family for generations on end. It was lost to the sands of time... before my father found it. It was his gift to me before he passed," Kenshin explained as Rowan examined the black rapier. He couldn't help but feel a great deal of pride as Rowan commented on the quality of the blade. Thank you for the compliments, Shinwa-sama. Though it is nothing compared to your Bankonisuiken, but it is mine nonetheless."

When offered to see Rowan's blade, Kenshin's thoughts, as expected, turned to questioning how a sword could be jealous. After mulling it over, he remembered a rumor he had heard about Bankonisuiken. 'Oh! This might be the rumored spirit that lives within the blade itself. And to think it wishes to show itself to me!' He bowed respectfully. "I would be honored to be in the full presence of your Bankonisuiken, Shinwa-sama."
Active CharactersShow

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:22 am

Intruiged Rowan nodded along with a smile before pulling out his sword to show it to the boy. As the suns rays bounced off of Bankonissuiken its marine blue, crystaline looking blade glistened like a wonderous jewel as the leafy green handle shone like a beautiful leaf.
"Is sword is much more greater than it may seem as if you havn't already realised it is infact a sentinent being and is a very true friend, I would let you touch him but he would never allow it draining the water out of anyone besides my self who ever touches it." Commented the jounin in a peasent friendly voice.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:47 am

Bankonisuiken slid from its sheath with a fluid grace as the sunlight refracted through its crystal blue blade to stain the immediate surroundings the same color. Though the sight itself was pretty spectacular, to Kenshin, it was so much more than that. It was not only a symbol for his future aspirations... but of the things that had been left in the past. He looked into the blade's light, whispering one word:

"Father..."

Kenshin's eyes suddenly became very distant, almost as if his thoughts had been ripped from him. After a few seconds, his attention returned, this time with a somewhat pained look on his face. He looked at Bankonisuiken once more. "My father's blade was a color similar to this..." he noted softly, his voice almost a whisper.

(OOC: It may or may not come up so just as an FYI, his father's name Dokueki Sosuke, and his weapon is a rapier of the same shade of blue as Bankonisuiken and it stretched out like Ivy's blade from the Soul Calibur series.)
Active CharactersShow

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:04 am

Rowan smiled "I see, sounds very special. My sword is special in a different way... huh!"
Rowan snapped his fingers in rememberance.
"Oh snap!" he blurted
"I just remembered the kage as told me ahve have to join this genin team tomorrow and I need to get ready"
Rowan placed his weapon back into position before holding out his right and for a handshake.
"It was nice to meet you here today boy" he commented with great friendliness.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Kenshin returned the handshake with a firm grip of his own. "It was a pleasure to have met you, Shinwa-sama. I hope we can meet again in the future." The bit about Rowan being assigned to a genin team made his ears perk up in interest. 'Really? I'm joining my team tomorrow as well...' He mulled over the fact as the two swordsmen parted ways, dismissing it as mere coincidence after a few seconds. Besides, their sensei was supposed to be a woman known solely as Kumi. Kenshin was fairly sure that this title wasn't one used by Rowan.

He sheathed his rapier and slowly began making his way towards his previous destination. Though he knew that he had other things to do, he had wished that their conversation could have lasted a bit longer...
Active CharactersShow

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Rowan nodded and began to walk away when he stopped and turned.
"By the way I think your father had the right idea and I think continuing your families life as ninja is grand and you shouldn't let them hold you back" he spoke in a kind hearted enpowering manner.
The man did a saluting like wave before moving on.

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 am

Kenshin's eyes reflected the surprise that washed over him. 'How did he know?' He watched Rowan walk away, not taking his eyes from him until he was well out of sight. Slowly, a smile crept across his face. He turned and continued on his own way, a fierce grin on his face and his conviction renewed as a gentle breeze blew through the Water Country...
Fin
Active CharactersShow

Return to “Water Country”