[Mission] Crusade

naeru

[Mission] Crusade

Post by naeru » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm

It would be cliché to say that on a dark and stormy night one of the most horrendous thefts of Water Country history had occurred, but that was exactly what had happened. It was miles away from the starting point of this mission, requiring a boat ride and then an unguided trek through a misty forest before arrival at the castle. All in one night. The monks would not pay for the relics after a predetermined time of prayer. From the opening gates of Kirigakure the mission would begin, with only twenty-four hours on the clock there was no time to be wasted.

MedeaMoirae

[Mission] Crusade

Post by MedeaMoirae » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Naoko had been given a summary of the mission, having been retrieved from her home for this job. She stood at the gates now, waiting for the arrival of the ninja she was to work with. She hadn't been given a name, but a description, which was enough to make her suspect that she knew him already. 'If it's Shiv I swear I'm going to burst out laughing.'

She paced at the gates, eager to get on the road, silently wondering if it had been the messenger who had run late retrieving him, or if he was running late for one reason or another.
CharactersShow
Masami Ren16ChuninKirigakure No SatoAiri , KazukiThe Blood Ritual
Shoshiki Hikari16GeninIwagakure No SatoN/ASplintered Glass
Hyuuga Ami19JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Kouseki Hitomi20JouninSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Satomi Mio18D Rank SamuraiFrost CountryN/AN/A

Flankingfox

[Mission] Crusade

Post by Flankingfox » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Shiv heard a loud knock on his door, hopefully this wasn't another embarrassing visit from his parents or Naoko. He made sure to move fast this time to look decent before opening his door. When he opened he was actually surprised as it was a mission giver. Taking the mission he quickly read over the contents and started preparing himself, on missions he was as serious as ever, highly professional one could say. It looked as though he was too work with a fellow Jounin for this particular mission, the description was that of a woman. Mentally he felt disgusted for a second, more than likely the person would be weak and full of emotions that may get in the way, they always seemed whimsical at that.

Shiv arrived at the gate ready to move out, he was a bit late as the mission giver came later, but he was fully ready for a combat mission. This was awkward, where was his partner, he recognized Naoko at the gate, he didn't want to get into any chit chat though before the mission. No other person was in sight, might as well say hi at least before leaving, it would make for a good time killer. Shiv appeared before Naoko, jokingly asking "So what brings you out to the gate, lady?"
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

MedeaMoirae

[Mission] Crusade

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:50 am

Naoko smiled. 'Well I guess I can't fault him. They describe someone to me that is definitely him, well, his appearance is unique enough to know by that alone. If they describe me to him, it makes sense he'd brush it off. They probably told him I was just some female shinobi.'

"Same as you, I suspect. A mission." Naoko replied. "I'm assuming you're my partner for this little retrieval operation." she said, still smiling at him. "So it looks like we have another journey together."

As she spoke she couldn't help but wonder if he still answered his door in an embarrassingly naked fashion for the mission giver as he had for her previously, the thought gave her a small giggle.
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

[Mission] Crusade

Post by Flankingfox » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:40 am

Shiv shook his head from side to side. "..uh" It finally clicked, the description Shiv had read over in haste was that of Naoko. He didn't bother fully reading it before because of time constraints but then again, this would be yet another negative check to his record in the eyes of the woman before him. Why oh why... do I always seem so clumsy and or unprofessional when I'm in the presence of her. He was actually quite frustrated and humored at that fact, it was more than just coincidence that they were constantly running into each other. This time though it was on a totally unexpected mission. Shiv had to put his feelings on the back burning for this one, time was of the essence. In an attempt to show his mistake, he sarcastically face planted, compensating for his lack of facial expression.

"It would appear so, I suspect you read over the mission brief in detail then, considering you recognized me as your partner the moment I arrived..."
Shiv said followed by a slight sigh, muffled by his helmet. Her last statement made him think of the time she had come over to grab him for a journey to Bear Country. It reminded him of something. He had become familiar with the woman before him, he had spent time with her off work, so he knew her decently by now to further say, "Before you ask, yes I took the time to look decent before opening my door."

Shiv lifted one arm into the air and put it over his head clutching his machete, while his other hand formed a one handed seal. This was a common occurrence when he was analyzing the situation. Almost instantaneously after he said, "Now let us get down to business, we don't have too much time to retrieve this item and return it. From what the briefing said, we will have to take a boat. Using my wind style techniques I can increase the speed of the boat exponentially, but first we must get there. May I suggest since we are more than comfortable with each other that you ride on my back, while I use my speed boost? It will make for a quicker travel time while allowing you to be fully rested and combat ready if we run into any trouble...you down for it. We can place you on my back outside of the village if don't want the locals talking about it." His last words were said in a joking tone, but the rest was business as usual.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

MedeaMoirae

[Mission] Crusade

Post by MedeaMoirae » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Naoko laughed. "I had wondered about that, I admit, I imagined that poor neglected plant getting its only form of attention from you." she said smirking at him.

When he mentioned her riding on his back she frowned slightly, but nodded finally. "Fine, but grab anything inappropriate and you will find yourself without hands."
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

[Mission] Crusade

Post by Flankingfox » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:15 am

OOC: Go ahead rp mod do your stuff.

Shiv looked at Naoko and smirked from beneath his helmet, he knew that even beneath his polarized visor she could probably guess he was smirking. After a moment he casually but in a sarcastic tone replied "What ever do you mean, my lady?" Before he would allow her upon his back he needed to make sure, it was worth the effort. Putting his hands together he began to strong together a variety of hand seals, it only took a moment, but a sudden grace seemed to come over Shiv. Every move, was almost instantaneous. Shiv walked in front of her dropping to one knee, openly motioning and allowing for her to jump upon his back now. The speed at which they would travel would be far faster than her natural speed. Shiv went a bit red as she rested upon his back, he had never had a woman on his back before, or at least in a situation like this, where the woman willingly agreed to ride upon his shoulders. Lucky enough, he remained hidden beneath his jumpsuit or she would probably ask about his sudden glowing red skin. "Alright here we go my lady." In an instant they began the mission, heading toward the location indicated in the mission briefing.

[Speed Demon]
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
A technique focused on boosting the user's speed for a short time, Speed Demon begins with a set of hand seals. After they are completed, the user will focus chakra throughout their legs to stimulate them. With this extra stimulation, users are able to run more quickly (+3 speed) at the cost of their control over other techniques (-3 control). This technique lasts for three (3) posts.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

naeru

[Mission] Crusade

Post by naeru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 am

As the pair approached the mist peeled back with a whispering breeze and revealed their sailing vessel, floating in the water like a rotted corpse. The boat itself was a perfectly disguised merchant ship, courtesy of the monks and their storeroom of artifacts. The caravel was absolutely nondescript, all white sails tied up and it's plain oaken structure lying low in the water. On this misty morning it was the only ship on the harbor. Every other ship had deserted the harbor months ago. All that was left was a rickety wood path that creaked and groaned when touched by the slightest wave. From then on, a map of the seas would guide them to their destination, their path clearly marked in red ink.

Flankingfox

[Mission] Crusade

Post by Flankingfox » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Shiv arrived with Naoko on his back, the pair had been relatively swift in reaching their destination. A bit of sweat dripped down his face, rolling down his face. An irritation but something one had to deal with when wearing a helmet. Naoko was light and such, so it wasn't too hard on his body, even with his small stamina pool. His body slowly crept down, as he went down on one knee allowing for Naoko to dismount him. Shiv let out a smile at the fact he had been acting like a horse. He then made sure Naoko was ok, taking a quick look over her. His eyes went from her feet upward, her skin looked soft and her eyes looked irresistible, it was hard enough being on a mission with her, let alone having her so close to him for the time it took them to get here. Damm girl, you're so fine. Thoughts of desire filled his head, but he quickly shrugged them off trying to keep his mind on the mission. A slight and muffled sigh came from underneath his helmet as he began to listen to reason again.

Shiv turned his attention to the sea craft before them, scanning it over with his hawk like eyes. It wasn't much but it would get the job done. He then said sarcastically "Well then, I guess they expect us to use this so called vessel..." He moved toward the boat now getting it ready to set sail. Most Kirigakure people knew the basics about boats so it wouldn't take too long to have it fully operational and ready to go. As Shiv got the boat ready his eyes kept wandering toward Naoko, almost as if he was teasing himself, relishing in his thoughts. His hands were steady at least as he readied the merchant vessel.
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

MedeaMoirae

[Mission] Crusade

Post by MedeaMoirae » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:49 am

Naoko didn't say a word as they arrived, she looked around, keeping an eye on their surroundings as she looked for any sort of threat. Though not in battle, she felt the need to use a jutsu, and so brought up a hand, forming a seal as her free hand reached and grasped her sword's hilt. Chakra flooded to her mind, opening her senses to the world around and she kept glancing around in almost a paranoid fashion, searching for an enemy.

While Shiv prepared the boat, Naoko got into it, sitting in the front and glancing around, both on shore, and in the water. For now she kept the jutsu activated, planning on deactivating it after the boat was moving.
Senses OpenShow
*[Senses Open]
C Rank Ninjutsu
The main jutsu of the Skitter Step, Senses Open does exactly what the name states. The user's senses are magnified by a great degree and they are constantly looking around, gaining sensory information. Their personality will slightly change to a "defeat or be defeated" mentality. Also, a user in this state will be easy to see that they are in it since they are constantly acting paranoid by looking around, zoning in on about anything. Though, throughout the time, the ninja tends to attack purely based on instinct, rather than planning anything out, which effectively increases their speed and taijutsu by 1 and decreases their wit by 2. To activate it, the user must do a handseal, flooding chakra to their brain to 'unlock' their senses. Once activated, this lasts until they deactivate it with *Stop or until they are out of battle.
CharactersShow

Checkmate

[Mission] Crusade

Post by Checkmate » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:18 pm

This is being taken over

Return to “Water Country”