A beginning (social)

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

It was a rather hot day, the sun was shining brighter. There was not a cloud in the sky. The wind was blowing, and this lake Naga had just found was a perfect spot to train. There was a large pier leading outwards over the lake. It was a perfect place to go fishing. Also a great place to train. Naga was standing on the end of the Pier, he was looking around with his eye's closed, taking everything around him in. It was so peaceful, it actually made Naga feel a little joy. "This is a wonderful place, I feel so calm, and relaxed." Then Naga stepped back for a few minutes.

"Why do I feel so alone,"
looking down at the Pier. Naga was being his regular self. Even though he was calm and relaxed a minute ago he still manages to look at everything in a negative way. "Ughh, never mind the way I feel right now." Naga jumped forwards into the air. He then did a role as he started to fall back down. He started to plummet towards the water, but right before he hit, he placed his left arm in front of him. He caught himself, then he pushed himself back into the air a little by forcing himself up. He then landed on his feet. "I so!!!! need someone to train with." Naga was a lonely 17 year old Chuunin who did not have many friends, or well he didn't have friends that he considered friends.

, 1
NameVillageRankMissionSocials
Yojishi, OchiraS:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Toshin, Ryuusuke

Deactivated CharactersShow
Konogakure no Sato*Jounin*Toshin, Ryuusuke*Social: 3*Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Tashiro wiped the sweat off his forehead for the millionth time that day. He stared up at the sky and swore under his breath. He hated days like this. He was heading home from running an errand for his mother. She has asked him to deliver some food to a family of three at the edge of Kiri. Tashiro didn’t mind giving food to the poor but his mother had given him enough food to feed all the poor in Kiri at once, or so it seemed to him. The food was heavy and the walk was torturous. The sun shined down on him anyways, somehow almost gleeful as it cooked him alive. No matter how hard Tashiro squinted his eyes towards the horizon, there wasn’t a cloud to be found anywhere.

He decided to take a slightly longer route home so that he could stop by the lake for a swim. Just thinking about diving into the cool, clear water made his legs pump a little faster. His thigh muscles burned and he knew he would be sore tomorrow, but he was anxious to get there and jump in.

He stared at his shoes as he walked. His feet seemed to act of their own volition, pulling him closer to his destination. When he finally arrived he looked up just in time to see someone was already there, about to jump in. But then suddenly the person sprung back up onto the pier. Tashiro was a bit confused until he heard the person shout that they wanted someone to train with.

This put him in an awkward position. He wasn’t really here to train, but it seemed rude to just ignore them and jump into the water. He decided he would at least go up and introduce himself.

“Hyek…” his tongue was so dry from walking all those miles that his greeting stuck in his mouth. He swallowed hard and tried again, “Sorry, my name’s Aisu Tashiro. Nice to meet you.” His voice still sounded parched and thin, but at least polite.
Genin • Kiri• Aisu Tashiro • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:2 color=#088A85] Jounin Onahara Kaito

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Naga stood around for a few minutes, looking around the area, examining it. His heart seemed to jump a little when he heard a dry "hyeh" sound. He was startled, so he spun himself around to meet this threat, but he felt mighty stupid once he saw a little ninja standing right behind him. The boy introduced himself to Naga. "Oh, hello there, nice to meet you too." Naga was a little hesitant to say hello, he was a little nervous that someone had walked up to him and spoke. Naga went back to his every day way of standing up. He looked down at the boy, he couldn't be much younger than Naga.

"So... ummmm nice day today right." Naga placed a hand on his neck and scratched it, while looking around nervous like. "So you look like your a ninja, I don't believe iv seen you before. Honestly I havent meet to many people, and I have lived in Kiri my whole life." Naga turned around and faced the lake. He had asked for someone to spar with. He was not quite sure if this little ninja was a good choice though. Naga had been told once that it would be a good idea to make bonds with others. Naga thought this might be a good chance.

Turning around, Naga faced the boy again. He then placed his hand out for a shake. "I'm Kaguya, Naga a Chuunin from Kiri." That was the first proper greeting Naga had given anyone in his life. He was not quite sure what came over him. He had never done such a thing before. It was just not like him, he knew who he was. Naga kind of went in a trance for a couple of seconds, he was pondering. Naga then snapped back and looked at the boy, with a small grin.
, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

Konogakure no Sato*Jounin*Toshin, Ryuusuke*Social: 3*Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Tashiro greeted the chuunin politely and noticed that he seemed somewhat nervous and awkward. Tashiro couldn’t find a way out of the weird conversation so he said,

“Well, uh, I’m going for a swim. Its too hot for my taste. Pretty crazy weather, it rains so much in Kiri that I had almost forgotten what the sun looked like.” He started taking his shirt off. “Don’t let me keep you from your training though.” He motioned with his hand for Naga to continue then turned and dove into the water.

He let his body sink towards the bottom, holding his breath and not moving a muscle. It was a wonderful relief and his body began to shiver and tingle from the sharp contrast in temperature. When his lungs started to burn he kicked towards the surface with one powerful stroke. His head broke through the surface and he took a large gulp of the humid air. He had to rub his eyes to get all the water out, then he slowly drifted onto his back while kicking softly with his feet.

He moved around in large lazy circles with his eyes closed for a while but eventually the sun began to cook his face and stomach while his back was getting cold from being submerged. He opened his eyes and looked over towards the pier. He was about 20 yards away and he was curious to see if the chuunin was still training and if anyone else had decided to stop by the beach.
Genin • Kiri• Aisu Tashiro • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:2 color=#088A85] Jounin Onahara Kaito

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 pm

When the boy jumped into the lake, Naga turned around. He had nice to the boy, and the boy had been nice to Naga. That's all Naga cared about. He gave a calm "sigh" then he started to think. "I suppose I should get to training now" Naga did not pay attention to the Genin anymore. The Genin might as well have not even been there. When Naga got in a training mood he ignored everything but what was important.

Pulling out 3 sebon from his bag, Naga threw one, then the other, then the last. The first hit the ground to the right of Naga, the next hit to the left, and the final hit dead center with Naga. "Now then, lets see what I can do with this jutsu." Naga got in a stance, then he preformed some hand signs, then yell out "Water style: Rising water cutter." Naga then did a right front kick. Then a Thin wave of Suiton rushed forward. Cutting open the Pier as it rushed forward.

Naga planned on shifting the wave so that it would hit everyone of his sebon. Naga quickly twitched his leg, and then the wave moved to the right, then to the left, then back to the middle. The wave destroyed all three sebon, but Naga seemed a bit confused. He was never able to do this before. He had tried, tried, and tried. Maybe that was why this time it worked. "I'll have to defiantly try that again one day, now for somethi....." Naga was turning when he saw the boy looking at him from a distance. "I hate awkwardness, sigh!!!"
, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Tashiro saw the chuunin training by himself. He was using water jutsu. Tashiro had wanted to learn some suiton techniques, so maybe befriending this ninja wasn’t a bad idea. He swam towards the pier and noticed that it was covered in a layer of water thanks to the suiton justu. He had an idea.

“Hey, if you still want someone to train with, I could help you out.” Tashiro said as he climbed out of the water. “I’m only a genin, but one of the things I know is important in any fight is good balance. Watch this:”

Without waiting for an answer Tashiro used one of his clan jutsu. Focusing his Hyouton chakra he froze the water on the pier. He stepped onto the ice and used his Ice Dnace justu to glide around effortlessly, almost as if he was ice skating.

“Now, of course, I’m cheating here with my clan justu. But it’s still important to learn how to balance yourself during a fight. You need to be familiar with the positioning of your limbs because if you are off balance your opponent can take advantage of that. Trying doing some taijutsu moves on the ice and you will see that every step and motion you make has to be counterbalanced correctly or you will fall over. The ice will exaggerate any mistakes you make, showing you how to improve.” Tashiro gave some quick examples then stepped back to let Naga try. He knew that he was far more inexperienced than Naga, but he felt this was a good way to “break the ice” metaphorically.
Jutsu usedShow
~[Frozen Dew]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming a set of seals, the user will exhale downward in order to activate the jutsu. A frosted wind will expel from their mouth and freeze the ground below and in front of them. The ground will then be covered in a thin, one inch thick layer of ice that stretches three meters outward and has a width of a single meter.

~[Ice Dance]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 4 Control
By focusing chakra into their feet and performing a set of seals, the user will be able to walk and run on ice as if it were solid ground. This technique also allows them to control if they do or do not slide and to what degree.

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Naga yet again was a little startled when the boy spoke out to him. Naga turned his head, towards the genin to listen to him. The last thing the genin said caught Naga's attention and he turned all the way around to watch what the boy had in store. Naga placed his right hand right under his chin as he watched the boy. Naga found himself looking at an iced over pier. He felt a bit chilly, and he seemed to not react much towards the pier being froze.

(Thinking)-So this little genin knows Hyouton. Iv never meet a ninja with the ability to use that. I have only heard of it. Wait a second, this kid would be a perfect plus to my plan.-

Naga snapped back, he watched as the kid skated back and forth. Naga looked very interested, it looked fun. So Naga listened to what the genin had to say about positioning, and balancing. Naga seemed to understand, he had practiced these things a little, but practicing on ice would be a good challenge. "Hmmm, I appreciate this, your a ummmm, your a pretty cool little ninja." Naga seemed regret what he had just said, he had never had much experience speaking with other. He was just plan out not good with words, and he seemed to be a little emotionless.

Naga walked up to the ice, he stopped about a foot away and looked at it. "So preform some Taijutsu you said." Naga thought for a second, then he knew exactly what he wanted to do. "Oh Aisu was it? You might wanna stand back a little ways from me." Naga waited for a second, then he bent down a little, and placed his hands outwards with his hands in a palm fist position. A second went by, then a bone grew from Naga's palms, then from his shoulders, and then finally from his knee's.

Naga placed his right foot on the ice, the with his left foot he propelled himself forward. Naga started to slide around, he was not going very fast, but he was doing an ok job. Naga got the hand of it first off, that was until he tried to stopped. Naga tried to stop, but he just couldn't, he could even find himself able to jump up. That was because Naga slipped backwards and hit the ice, and then continued to slide across the ice until he flew off the pier into the lake.
, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Tashiro felt terrible about laughing relentlessly as Naga slid right past him and into the water. Or at least he knew he should feel terrible, it was more of a small twinge of guilt. Naga wasn’t great at social interactions so he didn’t pile on any verbal abuse, although a multitude of witty ice puns came to mind as he walked towards the edge of the pier and extended a hand to help him up.

“You can just call me Tashiro by the way. I have to admit, no matter how many times I see someone from the Kaguya clan use their technique, I still get queasy watching it. Bones coming out of your body is just gross. I wonder if the first guy with that ability freaked out when he saw his bones sticking out haha. Does it hurt when you do it? Cuz it looks like it hurts like hell.”

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 pm

As Naga hit the water his bones retracted. Naga sunk down a little ways, then he looked up, and then began to swim upwards. When he reached the top he was right by the pier. He saw a hand reach out, Naga thought he might as well grab it. The genin helped to pull Naga back up onto the pier, but even when Naga reached the pier he was sliding a good bit. He finally had to sit down just to stop sliding.

Naga was looking up at the genin as he spoke, Naga was always good at listening, rather if he cared about what the person was saying or not. "Oh well its nice to meet you Tashiro, you can just call me Naga." Naga smiled very friendly like for a second. Naga even gave a little chuckle at what the genin said about the first Kaguya. "Well I am not sure, I was not scared the first time I did it. That might have been because I had seen Kaguya before me do it. But no it does not hurt, in fact I can't really tell you what it feels like. Its just normal, I don't know any other way to say it." Naga looked up at the sky. "What about your Hyouton, does it feel a certain way when you use it. I would think its a bit chilly."

, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 am

“Uh, yeah I guess a little bit. In our clan we have a jutsu that helps us manage the cold temperatures though, so that helps. Hey, if you don’t mind me asking, what was it like for you to become a Chuunin? I have been training a lot lately trying to get prepared for it. Got any tips on how I could approach it, or what to expect?”

The sun was sparkling off the sheet of ice on the pier which caused an unnaturally annoying glare. It would only take about a minute for the ice to melt now, which was fine with Tashiro. Naga didn’t seem comfortable walking around on it, and Tashiro wasn’t particularly concerned about the training exercise anyways. His jutsu had worked to do what he wanted, it had ‘broken the ice’ quite successfully.

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:59 am

"So you want some information on the Chuunin exam? Well I can tell you this. It is very, very hard. You might a fight a Chuunin one on one, or you might fight a Chuunin with one or two other genin. If you fight with another genin, I would recommend you reserve strength, keep yourself from using to much energy. Wait until your opponent is getting tired from fighting the first genin, then you should attack. That is what I would do if I was in that situation. " Naga paused for a second. "I on the other hand I fought a Chuunin by myself. I put up a good fight, but in the end I lost." Naga smiled, and laughed a little bit.

"I plan on becoming the Kage of Kiri. It seems like a big goal, but I will make it happen." Naga laughed at himself. He knew many of people had said that through the past, but he really meant it. Naga waited to see the reaction of Tashiro
, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:22 am

Tashiro wasn’t sure he valued Naga’s opinion on the Chuunin fight. He didn’t like the idea of waiting for his Chuunin opponent to get tired from fighting another genin first. Tashiro was never eager for combat, but he didn’t want to let his companion struggle so that he could reserve strength. Maybe that was why he was still a weak genin. He didn’t have the mental fortitude or emotional strength to make the right decisions in combat. He didn’t expect to beat his Chuunin opponent on the first try anyways. Or to pass the exam for that matter. But he knew one thing: he would pay close attention to how everything happened and learn from his mistakes. Maybe he could find a way to exploit a weakness the next time he tried the exam. It was more important to know how the instructors wanted him to perform than anything else. But now he was getting ahead of himself. He needed to focus on training and preparing first, before worrying about the second fight.

Naga then told him of his dream to become the kage of Kiri. Now that was something. Tashiro couldn’t remember anyone telling him they wanted to be a kage, at least not seriously. He remembered joking around with his friends at the academy about how they would be the most powerful shinobi in Kiri, and someone would retort that they’d become the stringest shinobi in all the world. He had to smile a bit at remembering those days. Their whole lives seemed planned out and easy. They would all train as hard as they could and become strong enough to fight for what’s right and just. By the time Tashiro had graduated as a genin he had come to realize that sometimes the world isn’t so black and white.

In fact he had recently come to question just why he trained so hard everyday. He wanted to be a “good guy” but what did that mean? Did that mean protecting Kiri village? Because every ninja wants to protect their own village. He somewhat envied Naga’s singular, focused dream of becoming a kage. He knew what he wanted to achieve and he knew that he had to become really strong to do it.

“Well, I hope one day you will have your chance to become the kage. What do you say you let me buy you a bowl of ramen? We can talk about those cool suiton techniques you know.” Tahsiro motioned for Naga to follow him as he picked up his shirt of the ground and slipped it back over his head. He was still dripping wet but at this rate the sun would have dried him off by the time they got the restaurant.

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Naga would never be able to tell this genin his true intentions. Becoming the Kage of Kiri was one thing, the next was to get revenge on his clan. Naga had always respected Kiri, and he would continue to work hard to protect it. Naga honored the great lady Selene's sacrifice for the clan. Naga wanted to be remembered as she was. Bringing honor to his clan was part of the revenge, but blood needed to be paid. Things in the mist would not be the same if Naga became the Kage.

Naga gave a simple "thank you" when Tashiro said he hoped Naga some day had the chance to become the Kage. When Tashiro mentioned food, Naga's stomach growled. "That would be very nice, how about we just split the bill?" Naga thought for a second, "Ahhh... so your interested in Suiton. Sure thing, I could even teach you some if you like. I also have some jutsu that seem to surprise people, I'll show you sometime." Naga gave a simple grin as he ran to catch up with the Tashiro. "Who knows, maybe we will get attacked on the way. Id love to melt someones face." Naga then smiled and walked happily beside Tashiro. Naga had said that hoping to make Tashiro wonder what he was talking about.
, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Tashiro was glad to hear Naga offer to pay his half of the bill. Now that he thought about it, he was actually pretty low on cash at the moment. When they arrived at the noodle shop he ordered one of the cheapest options on the menu. He took big bites of the food, not realizing how much his errand that day had really drained him. The conversation had kind of stalled while they ate their food so Tashiro tried to break the silence.

“I’m not ready to learn suiton yet, but I will definitely focus on it after I become a Chuunin. I also want to make sure I know enough practical jutsu that are efficient and serve a variety of different situations. I don’t just want to focus on one area of combat. I want to be prepared for a lot of situations. I imagine you run into a lot of crazy stuff being a Chuunin.”

Tashiro was nearing the bottom of his bowl when he remembered that he promised his mom he would be home before dinner. She wanted him to pull weeds or something in the yard. He found yard work tedious, as most people do. And on a day like today it would be doubly hard thanks to the heat. He ate a little bit slower now that he remembered he would have to go home after their meal.

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Naga had ordered one of the bigger options on the menu. He was very hungry, he had been out walking around for a while. Plus he had left early that morning, and he had not eaten sense. Naga looked like he was fighting for survival, he was consuming his food like he would never see it again. When Tashiro started to talk, Naga continued to consume his food while looking and listening to Tashiro. Naga went to answer the last thing the Chuunin said, but it came out as "Iay.. heaaa..vvee seaan." Then he stopped and swallowed his food. "Uggh sorry about that, but yes I have seen lots of crazy things. I hope I get to see a lot more. I the crazy things are one of the best parts about being a ninja."
then Naga went back to consuming his food.

After Naga finished his food, he sat up straight and pushed his bowl away. He cleared his throat so he could speak. "How about this. Have you ever thought about being part of a ninja team? I think it would be pretty awesome." Naga sat and waited for an answer. "We would at least have to find another member, or something. Its just an idea. Sorry if I came out to strong." Naga was still getting used to talking out, but talking to Tashiro was helping.
, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

ClericIV

A beginning (social)

Post by ClericIV » Wed May 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Tashiro felt flattered that Naga offered him a spot on his team. He could tell that the Chuunin was going to have a lot of success. He had a dream and was determined to reach it. But Tashiro wasn’t sure if he was ready to attach himself to that dream. Not yet at least.

“I appreciate the offer, but I’m kind of already in a genin team with my friend Naruhiko Taichi. Maybe when we both pass the Chuunin exams or something, I’m not sure. I am really glad to have met you though, and let me know if you need anything. My name’s Aisu Tashiro, don’t forget!”

He felt bad about turning Naga down so he finished his ramen without saying much else. He got up form the table and paid for his food before waving goodbye to Naga, hoping it would not be the last time he saw the Chuunin.

NAGA

A beginning (social)

Post by NAGA » Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Naga was hoping he had not came on too strong, but he was not upset or anything about the genin refusing his offer. Naga understood what he said. "Ahh... ok then. It was nice to have met you as well. I'm sure we will run into each other some time. This worlds not too big." Naga laughed and then waved good bye to the genin. Maybe Naga could learn to make friends. Maybe that was a key instrument he was missing. This day with Tashiro had opened his eye's a little.

(Talking to self)"I won't forget. Day's like this are hard to forget." Naga always seemed to remember a day that he actually felt a friend like emotion with someone. Naga was a weird person, but maybe in the years to come he will change into something different. Good or bad, who know's.

Social: end
, 1
Toshin, Ryuusuke

Return to “Water Country”